View Full Version : This Saber is highly original But it's yet to be made...

08-01-2002, 02:58 AM
There's a saber I've takin' a liking to over at luuke sabers.. If anyone is able to create this saber the PLEASE email me. This is the first saber of it's kind. Most definitly a revolutionary saber!
my email is epicghost@yahoo.com if you're interested drop me a line!

08-01-2002, 10:09 AM
I would post the picture here but I don't know how. If anyone would be so kind I'd be glad to do it, Or I could just email them to someone who then could post it. Something. This saber really does kick butt. If someone could create a good model and skin it would be a must have and most definitely a keeper!

08-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Id be happy to post your Pic, just send it my way at Bakers8er@Yahoo.com

08-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Thank you very much. Check your email..
I also sent a Obi-Wan Padawan Saber pic.. If you want the saber let me know.

08-01-2002, 11:23 AM

The first pic

The second Pic

Those are pretty interesting sabers. I have already downloaded the Padawan Hilt you said about and its a pretty bulky but satisfying hilt :)

08-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Thanks they look great..
So what do you guys think about my ideal saber? Pretty, eh?
Could anyone model and skin this for me? Thanks.

08-01-2002, 12:54 PM
wo man i thought you were going to do that? If this is just a request, take it to the request thread.

08-01-2002, 01:03 PM
Geez.. I wish I could do something like this. I was hoping an experianced modeler/skinner could do this.
Man, I'd be so proud if I could do something like this...

08-01-2002, 01:05 PM
well, send it over to the Request Thread. unless you plan on learning how to model yourself, then just make this a WIP. If not then put this in the Request Thread

08-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Yeah.. hehe.. I'd like to see me make a model.. sadly I lack any programs to even make an effort..
*Posted on request thread*

I hope someone will make this.

08-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Getting started is always the easy part,. Here ill give you the step by step

1- Pick up G-Max at www.discreet.com for free. All you have to do is register.

2- Pick up the G-Max tutorial located at the discreet website because it will teach you how to make some pretty simple stuff step by step. And it teaches you how to create a green alien :D

3- Pick up a G-Max tutorial either in the Tutorial Thread, or at www.Jk2Models.cjb.net under the tutorials section.

4-www.polycount.com has a vast arsenal of tutorial

5-start a simple cylinder and work from there, using the Extrude buttons( youll find out about those soon enough) and just keep the saber simple.

6- take a loooong while to learn about UVWrapping

7- Ask some questions on these forums or polycount's

Feel free to Ask any questions about the prosess of making the model to me cause id be happy to help

08-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks.. I might make a saber.. No way I'm going to make this one, I'd rather leave this beaute to the profesionals..
Thanks for the website!

08-01-2002, 08:02 PM
ah hahahah that look so lame... hahahaha, i could pull a better lightsaber out of my ass

08-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Just playing looks ok... tho... i dunno... i wouldnt use it...

08-01-2002, 08:05 PM
the only problem with making a lightsaber of that detail is the polycount. I would make it in spare time but it would be too much of a hassle to uvwrap. But im sure some other modelers might do it

08-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Either make the model and post some pics or put this in the requests thread.