PDA

View Full Version : "CC is arguably the worst expansion ever". A PC Games Magazine

Compa_Mighty
08-01-2002, 05:17 PM
I read this in a magazine, I don't remember what was its name, but I don't agree..... what do you think?

~Rebel_Monkey~
08-01-2002, 10:36 PM
no, not the best, but it's good, especially if you biuld your own maps, because of some units they added (i.e. slave I etc.)

Sithmaster_821
08-01-2002, 10:43 PM
CC been getting a mixed bag of press, but never this bad. Worst expansion? why?

DarthMaulUK
08-02-2002, 07:47 AM
That review was probably by a magazine whose staff couldn't play the game.

I believe that Clone Campaigns is one of the best expansion packs out there. It improves Galactic Battlegrounds so much as a game and actually starts to make the game feel more 'star wars'.

Crappy x-pacs that spring to mind are anything to do with The Sims. Perhaps the worlds worse game but clever marketing from EA have made it a true winner in terms of sales.

DMUK

Darth Windu
08-02-2002, 08:52 AM
I very much disagree. When you get an x-pac that add's two new teams/civs, two whole new campaigns (although they should've added another bonus mission) and new tech's and unit's that alter the dynamics of the game, i don't see how it could rate as the 'worst expansion pack ever'.

DemonKing
08-07-2002, 02:38 AM
Worst expansion ever? Not even close.

Try these beauties:

1. Half Life: Blue Shift ($50 Aus for another 5 hours of single-player Half-life).
2. Die By the Sword expansion (So ridiculously hard I couldn't get past the first enemy, despite finishing the original all the way to the end).
3. Elite Force Expansion (Like a very poor mod - is there anyone out there that really wants to play a FPS based on the adventures of Captain Proton???)

Probably more, but those are the ones I can think of for the moment.

memezcom
08-07-2002, 12:46 PM
Yeah, some of these game reviewers are clowns......they are the 'General Veers' of the gaming community :) Slightly off-topic, but Mysteries of the Sith for Jedi Knight was a great expansion. There was nothing wrong with CC either, I thought it was a great game. The old argument used to be that you'd read a review to see if the game was worth buying, but in my case I usually know which games I want anyway......

simwiz2
08-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Horrible X Packs:

Civ3 PTW: Even though it's not out yet, it adds MP and other features that should have been in the game from the start.

SC3KU: Wow, there's European buildings, and Asian buildings, and you can actually add trees to lawns in the Building tool. Once again, $40 for things that should have been in the original.

Also I have HL:Blueshift, and it is so buggy that the flashlight doesn't even work correctly.

And the Sims X-Packs are all crap, pay $40 and you get a few more objects, including a heart bed for the sims to "play" in. For about $50 more you can take your Sims on dates and vacations. Lame.

I would buy CC over any of these.

Kryllith
08-07-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by memezcom
Yeah, some of these game reviewers are clowns......they are the 'General Veers' of the gaming community :) Slightly off-topic, but Mysteries of the Sith for Jedi Knight was a great expansion.
Hey now! General Veers is cool. You must be thinking of Ossil... :)

Speaking of Jedi Knight, I meant to go back and finish it (didn't get it until shortly before I bought GB). Now if I can only remember where I put it...

Kryllith

memezcom
08-08-2002, 04:59 AM
I can't remember the Empire's Generals from TESB...I'm referring to the one whom Vader describes as 'clumsy as he is stupid' or words to that effect......:)

Kryllith
08-08-2002, 12:09 PM
That would be Ossil. Ossil was the officer who tried to get a surprise attack on Hoth but blew it (by coming out of hyperspace to close, iirc). Veers lead the ground assault on Hoth. :)

Kryllith

Compa_Mighty
08-08-2002, 03:05 PM
It's Ozzel ;) Anyway, I don't think it's the worst x-pack, although not the best.

No one can beat The Conquerors.

Sithmaster_821
08-08-2002, 09:32 PM
No one can beat The Conquerors.
Amen!