PDA

View Full Version : Skinning models...

GreenDevil
08-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Alright, I recently tried editing some textures on a model. More specifically, I used Kinja's Yoda model and I tried to make it so he could have a gold cloak (don't ask why, I just wanted to see what he would look like :) )

Anyway, I opened the mod up with winzip, took out the yoda body pic, and then edited it.. I then deleted the old pic from the archieve and loaded up the new one.

Well, when I opened the program and chose Yoda, all he was was a little head and a saber floating around... no body...

Did I do something wrong??

bleek
08-01-2002, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure...but did you open up the model_default.zip with Notepad and change all the /Yoda/ to the name of your skin?

HapSlash
08-01-2002, 07:27 PM
And,... When you re-added the texture, did you do it so that it would retain it's pathway,...?

GreenDevil
08-02-2002, 12:58 AM
bleek: No, I didn't... I only took the pic out, edited it, and threw it back in. I never changed any names.

HapSlash: I'm kinda new at all of this... I don't really understand what you mean by "pathway"

KMan
08-02-2002, 06:55 AM
If you used Winzip to 'check out' or open a file directly from there to edit, it will not put it back in the correct path.(model/players/yoda/)

If you are going to continue using winzip for this-
Just extract the entire pk3, change the file, and go back to the base directory (so you see a model & sound & scripst & shaders folder) select them, and rezip then rename to the pk3.