PDA

View Full Version : Ep2 comedy.. not very good

HellFyre69
08-01-2002, 11:46 PM
I think the whole 3CPO comedy part was not funny at all.. I think GL should stay out of the funny parts, and focus and on the general things, such as more minutes in the battling scene, instead of showing stupid parts that arent funny at all

Exar Kun II
08-02-2002, 01:28 AM
What are you referring to? Just about every scene with C-3PO is comedic.:D

Jedi_Monk
08-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Personally, I thought the funniest line was this: "Oh, she covered up the cameras... I don't think she liked me watching her." :lol: that's one of the best lines in the whole SW saga! And close behind that is, "I'd much rather dream about Padme..." Well, who wouldn't ;) SW2 had some great dry humor!

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

ET Warrior
08-02-2002, 02:44 PM
i love the lines between obiwan and anakin in the speeder
"What took you so long?"
"Oh, you know master, i couldn't find a speeder i really like, on with an open cockpit and the right speed capabilities"
"If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit you would rival master Yoda as a swordsman!"
:lol:
And i thought 3PO's lines on geonosis were funny.......

MotionMan
08-02-2002, 03:21 PM
C3po and r2 have always added comedic bits to the SW movies.
I liked their ep.2 bits.

Kryllith
08-02-2002, 05:19 PM
I can see the problem some people have with C3PO's humor in AotC. In the other movies, he's usually funny because he tends be hypersensitive to the various situations he gets stuck in. The humor is in how he responds... his attitude (talking about how he's "done for", blaming everything on R2, etc). The character portrayed is an insecure one, so the humor derives from how he reacts when placed in jeopardy.

While we see his insecure reactions in AotC, the humor of the reaction is downplayed because it tends to be overshadowed with puns, especially in the arena ("I'm beside myself" "What a drag"). The focus of the humor is misplaced. His negativity works; it needn't be combined with the puns, since puns tend to get groans more than laughs (I know cause I use puns all the time :P). Besides, I don't think people ever pictured C3PO as a punnist... it seems out of character of him to be one.

Kryllith

MotionMan
08-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Ya I guese how some poeple might see it that way. Good point.
Although I did notice that since the first time I saw the move it didnt bother me too much.

Lionen
08-02-2002, 07:49 PM
There is lots of fun parts in the Star Wars series, and i like that. I liked those parts with C3PO and R2D2 in EP2.

ET Warrior
08-02-2002, 11:03 PM
i do agree though....puns are probably the lowest form of humor possible..;) (I use them as often as i can think of them :))

Sith Inquisitor
08-03-2002, 08:54 AM
C-3PO and R2-D2 are comedy relief. That is their whole purpose. :D

Kryllith
08-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
i do agree though....puns are probably the lowest form of humor possible..;) (I use them as often as i can think of them :))
*high-fives ET Warrior*

Kryllith

MaulerZ
08-07-2002, 09:45 PM
I thought the whole bit when Anakin is being chained to the giant totem thingy was funny......
Obi1: I was begining to wonder if you got my message.
Ani: We retransmitted just as you requested Master.....then we desided to come and rescue you.
Obi1: (looks up as his shackles) Good Job! :giggle1:

Arkum
08-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MaulerZ13
I thought the whole bit when Anakin is being chained to the giant totem thingy was funny......
Obi1: I was begining to wonder if you got my message.
Ani: We retransmitted just as you requested Master.....then we desided to come and rescue you.
Obi1: (looks up as his shackles) Good Job! :giggle1:

Yeah that part was funny.
:rofl:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sexcellent
08-14-2002, 03:36 AM
i think the funniest part in the saga is in a new hope and han and luke and the bunch are on the imperial ship, and they get to that control room by the prison area... when the imperial officer talks on the intercom and he's like "is everythin ok over there?" and han is like "um yes we're just experiencing some weapons failure, everything's ok, situation normal?!?!" "we're fine over here, how are you?!?!?! then he shoots the com. was hilarious.

Ratmjedi
08-14-2002, 04:33 AM
I agree with sexcellent, that was a rather funny scene from all the movies. But I also enjoyed when Jango Fett was running up Slave I ramp and he hit his head. That reminded me off the Ot when the Stormtrooper hits his head on the bulkhead in ANH. But I think that the funniset humor was between C-3PO and R-2 on Endor when C-3PO says
" Going... what do you mean you're going? *Beep, Beep, Beep* Going where R-2?... No wait R-2... This is no time for heroics!... Come back!!!!!!"

That has to be my favorite line from the Ot! :D

:lsduel: :duel:

Master Bodle
08-14-2002, 07:48 AM
I reckon all the parts in Ep II where Lucas put a bit of humor in was quite funny. Some of the lines were well good. Like some pointed out above. Im sorry HellFyre69 but i think everyone disagrees with u. :D

DarthMuffin
08-14-2002, 09:43 AM
C3po and R2d2 are great!

The only humour that I hated was Jar Jar...

Master Bodle
08-14-2002, 10:34 AM
I think everyone hates Jar Jar he has to be the worst Star Wars character ever !!!

Kryllith
08-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Btw, while I did think the use of puns during the area battle was overdone, I did like other bits of C3PO at the same time. I still like when he changes his voice and says "Die you Jedi Scum!" then appologizes for saying it.

Kryllith

Ratmjedi
08-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Whats everybody's beef with Jar Jar? I know he was annoying at some parts but think about it. R-2 and C-3PO are not together in the whole movie. Jar was neccesary to or else there wouln't of been many laughs. I personally have nothing against him other than he would do stupid stuff. He's cool. I think you guys should let him be. It's not like he ruined the movie. He just made part's corny.

:duel: :lsduel:

MotionMan
08-14-2002, 08:01 PM
I dislike Jar Jar. It mostly has to do with how he sounds:his voice.
I mean if his voice has more low pitched and if he wasnt SO in your face in ep.1 all the time. I would have no prob with him:)

Taos
08-14-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Whats everybody's beef with Jar Jar? I know he was annoying at some parts but think about it. R-2 and C-3PO are not together in the whole movie. Jar was neccesary to or else there wouln't of been many laughs. I personally have nothing against him other than he would do stupid stuff. He's cool. I think you guys should let him be. It's not like he ruined the movie. He just made part's corny.

Star Wars is not corny!!! Jar Jar must die!! :smirk2:

:jarjar: :snip2:

ET Warrior
08-14-2002, 09:16 PM
I agree w/ motionman, JarJar was just WAY to inyourface for me. You couldn't miss his jokes because he practically screamed them at you. Add to that his high-pitched grating voice....*shudder* Hideous. Like in episode 2. When jarjar first saw obiwan and started screaming "OBEEE!" I wanted to strangle him.......:hang1:

MotionMan
08-14-2002, 09:27 PM
LOL even in his small dialog in ep.2 he managed to sqeeze in one of his trademark high pitched banshee howls:)

Taos
08-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Do we really have to see Jar Jar in Ep III ??? I heard somewhere that he will be in the movie.

Say it ain't so...... :(

MotionMan
08-14-2002, 09:35 PM
I even heard a rumor that Lucas might add a gungan or two in the backround in the dvd versions of the OT.

ET Warrior
08-14-2002, 09:37 PM
Of course he'll be there, how else are we going to get to see him get brutally tortured and then murdered by savage ewoks?

MotionMan
08-14-2002, 09:42 PM
They will tie him to a tree branch and carry him to Ewok village, were he will be cooked alive and eaten.:)

Taos
08-14-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Of course he'll be there, how else are we going to get to see him get brutally tortured and then murdered by savage ewoks?

Oh man, we can only hope!!! I think that might be the funniest bit of humor in the Star Wars epic !!! ;)

Legacy_Of_Sith
08-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by MotionMan
They will tie him to a tree branch and carry him to Ewok village, were he will be cooked alive and eaten.:)
Frog legs.....yum!!!:)

Taos
08-15-2002, 01:53 AM
Even though I can't stand the gungans (mostly Jar Jar) I think that if they had different voices they might almost be tolerable. The Gunga City is a very cool looking place and just adds to the Star Wars universe. (Never thought I'd write something so nice about the Gungan's) :)

JediNyt
08-15-2002, 03:32 AM
Threepio in ep2 after getting his head switched "Im so confused":c3po: :laughing:

Hey dude I like Gungans but nothing says that everyone has to. I dont care for Willdabeast or Tortoses but some people really like em. Just dont expect Gungans to act like Humans, thats foolish. Hmm this Gorilla doesnt act like me so I think Ill hate it....moron.:rolleyes:

MotionMan
08-15-2002, 10:48 AM
The Gungan race doesnt bother me. Just Jar Jar. He seems to be the only one that talks like a high pitched banshee. His "in your face" style doesnt help either. I mean his own people kicked him out cause he was clumsy and annoying. His own people!
Obviously he was annoying even to a gungan.

Taos
08-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DarkJediNut

Hey dude I like Gungans but nothing says that everyone has to. I dont care for Willdabeast or Tortoses but some people really like em. Just dont expect Gungans to act like Humans, thats foolish. Hmm this Gorilla doesnt act like me so I think Ill hate it....moron.

You're gettin' awfully sensetive about this whole issue.....I must say that I don't expect gungans to act like humans. Did you read my above post? I said I like the gungans, just not jar head. Maybe my smilies are a little over the top, well.......it's just how I feel about him. One more thing, to call ppl names in these message boards.....it just sounds like someone has some growing up to do.

Man, we're all friends here, we are all here for one reason. WE LIKE STAR WARS. :D So let's just leave it at that.;)

ET Warrior
08-15-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Man, we're all friends here, we are all here for one reason. WE LIKE STAR WARS. :D So let's just leave it at that.;)

And let me hear an AMEN brothers and sisters! ;)

Ratmjedi
08-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Like I said in another thread:
Why can't we just get along in this big universe!?:)
Lets make love not war.
Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease!
:duel: :lsduel:

Taos
08-15-2002, 08:54 PM
I just thought the jar jar thing was funny that's all, I wasn't totally serious.....

sexcellent
08-18-2002, 06:58 PM
as for the gungans being cool, and jar jar sucking... it ties into the story. because he was banished, and and the fact that he was extremely annoying gives reason to that.

ET Warrior
08-18-2002, 07:09 PM
That doesn't change the fact that he bothers me, and i want him to die.

Sivy
08-18-2002, 07:44 PM
GL said in an interview that he wanted a cartoon-like charater in Ep I & II because Ep III is going to be really dark and he wanted to add contast. He also wanted a charater who wasn't very bright but became a hero to his people so he would become a representative in the senate, thus being manipulated into giving palpatine the power he wanted. so even if he is annoying he is an important character to the plot.
personally I donít think he is anymore annoying than C3PO.

Taos
08-18-2002, 11:27 PM
I like C3PO just because he doesn't have that voice that Jar Jar has.....

Hey SivyB, I like your avatar......it freaked me out the first time I saw the eyes blink:D

ET Warrior
08-19-2002, 12:55 AM
I understand that JarJar was very vital to the plot...but i still do hate him ;)

MotionMan
08-19-2002, 03:56 AM
Its Jar Jars voice and his annoying clumsyness that I hate:)

Khier
08-22-2002, 05:17 AM
I agree with sivyB. he is a little too outlandish for a gungan it seems(hmm.... and Gungans don't like outlanders, there is why he was banished)

Some of you might have missed it but in TPH when Jar Jar is in watto's shop fiddling with the little mechanic droid thing he picks it up and it kicks him in the Gungan family jewels. hehe.:lol:

MotionMan
08-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BIG b
Some of you might have missed it but in TPH when Jar Jar is in watto's shop fiddling with the little mechanic droid thing he picks it up and it kicks him in the Gungan family jewels. hehe.:lol:

Heh, I saw that. Somehow Jar Jar seemed unaffected by that:)

Taos
08-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MotionMan

Heh, I saw that. Somehow Jar Jar seemed unaffected by that:)

That's just because he doesn't have, well.......you know:D

WAIT, I forgot, he's not human, he might not have his family jewels there.......:rolleyes:

Darth Damage
08-23-2002, 02:46 AM
hellfyre + bad thread = bantha poodoo