PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Return of the Jedi Mod.

Pages : [1] 2

cROsIs**
08-01-2002, 10:49 PM
Greeting's Friends.

The time has come to enable the community to enjoy a Modification of the orginal movies. Iam forming a team of Mappers, Skinners, Modelers, Sound Editors, Coders, as well as editors who can work on a few short cut scenes.

The time frame for this mod will be ROTJ, Just as look steps in Jabbas Palace... The idea behind it is to let you play the movie.

As of right now, Musashi (who will be modeling) has signed up on board... I will be contacting and asking certain indivudials and asking if the would like to help out with this project.

If you are saying to yourself... Bah, this will never happen... Think again, We have already begun. Shots will be posted as soon as we can have everyone on our staff ready to work on it.

Again, if you would be willing to help.... Please, leave your Email or MSN or AOL name... And I will contact you.

Thank you,
Crosis

razorace
08-01-2002, 11:07 PM
This a SP or MP Mod? It sounds interesting.

cROsIs**
08-01-2002, 11:11 PM
As of now, we are aiming for a SP mod. But who knows, we can open to new ideas anytime.

Arkum
08-01-2002, 11:32 PM
GREAT idea!!!:D :D :D

I'd love a Episode 1 conversion though.

Sorry I can't help (I wish I could), but I will beta test it for you if you get it done.

razorace
08-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Sorry, I've got a full plate as is. I'm on the Jedi Styles Mod team at the moment AND handling the forum FAQ.

razorace
08-01-2002, 11:36 PM
But good luck with it. Hopefully you can pull it off without the SP source code.

cROsIs**
08-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Im glad the community is happy, Im gonna be getting in touch with everyone REAL soon.

Reiver
08-02-2002, 02:50 AM
Do you got a website? I would like to check it out. I can't offer my services though, I know nothing about editing. Good luck. It sounds sweet.

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 07:18 AM
If we get a ehe no pun intedned.... FEW GOOD MEN, we will put up a site... If not, we will go with what we got now. ;)

<osr>beta_sigma
08-02-2002, 01:36 PM
this sounds really interesting. like razorace said...you will need the sp source. this would be a must download for me !

X_Wing_Pilot
08-02-2002, 01:59 PM
the person who did the tavion map did not need the source code also adding different NPCs like Ewoks is easier when they made the discovery of how to add npcs into the game

Arkum
08-02-2002, 03:32 PM
If this works, It'll be my all-time favorite mod.

ollyhills
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
this mod sounds great and i'll gladly help--if you tell me how

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Update
Alright guys,

Ive been sending emails and PM's like crazy, and for once I think my hard work paid off! Our team is getting there... We are have been able to reach a Skilled coder (Zeus) Who will be adding our cutscenes, a Modeler (Musashi), and MAUHAUAHHAAH Will be working with me on sound development as well as helping get out webpage live.

However... We need more support! We are still look for quailfied skinners and Mappers. If anyone thinks they can be of service please send myself or any ROTJTC member a pm stating your contact info.

P.S.: Our website will be up soon.

Lionen
08-02-2002, 06:21 PM
So you are saying that you will change the models, the cutscenes, the sounds and the levels? That sound awfully cool! Please post often and tell us how you are doing!

Naphtali
08-02-2002, 06:22 PM
Are you going to be using wavs from the movies or are you trying to get voice actors, also these all are going to be new maps right

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Yea, what were doing is a total conversion, bascially were just building a new game off of what is already there.

We will have Cut-scenes, New Models, Skins, Maps.. Everything that has to do with Return of the Jedi.... Its gonna be like watching the movie... only you get to live it!

I will be on this thread like crazy so dont worry, We are doing this for the fans... And, I too am I fan... therefore I want this to come as much as all of you. :)

Also, (almost forgot) we will be using voice actors, Iam watching ROTJ like nuts trying to figure out how each voice sounds... from there I will be doing some voice acting, as well as Rob (Mauahah). Im not sure about having auditioins for voice acting, but I do suppose anything is possible! :P

I just uploaded this, I hope it gives you some hype!
http://www.hostmysig.com/data/lo_pakev1.jpg

Happy Weekend,
Steve
Project Director/Sound Editor

X_Wing_Pilot
08-02-2002, 07:43 PM
what this TC needs is a more ROTJish Luke Saber instead of the usless one made by Raven

Like This

http://www.lightsabersinc.8m.com/images/lukerotj.jpg

Same Saber Different Model

http://members.aol.com/yodashous2/Jawa/0107-ROTJ_Luke-8.jpg

including a D-ring or triangle ring that he uses to hang on his belt

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Yep, we have the Luke ROTJ saber. All saber's will be custom, Vader will have his, Luke etc.....

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Ha,

I will make sure to keep this communtiy WELL aware of our progress. :)

-Chrono_MOT-
08-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Hey, I'll be doing weapons models for the game. If there are currently any models that we do not have please let me know so I can start work on them.

Arkum
08-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Try to get it as accurate as you can to the movies, I'd code for you, but I still have some problems doing so. If I figure out how to successfully code a few more parts of the game, I'll contact you.

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Well right now I came up with this:

Ewok Spears

Staff's for imperial guards

Perhaps hansolo's blaster

Lando's staff (Jabba's Palace)

I know where all set with light sabers.

Lemme know.

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Hello all,
I'm gonna be working on sounds, music, misc. coding (including HTML stuff), some basic modeling, and just about any other misc. task out there for the mod.

If anyone has any models/textures that would help us out, please let us know. A speeder bike, Ewok hut, etc... that type of stuff .

As far as Beta testing, it's gonna be awhile as we have a lot of mapping, modeling, scripting, etc to do, but we will keep everyone in mind.

May the Force be with you.

Arkum
08-02-2002, 11:45 PM
someone is worknig on a speeder bike, but I don't know if they've finished, I'll give you an update on that.

cROsIs**
08-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Thanks.

Were gonna try and create a part where you pilot the speeder bike through the trees of endor. If you cant find one, we will just make one.

Arkum
08-02-2002, 11:57 PM
I only found an S-swoop and it isn't that great either. I'm going to coninue my search. I found a Slave-1, but I'm not sure if it's in ROTJ. Speaking of which, I'm watching the movie currently and I'll give you as much help as I can with this project. Tell me if you need information on a prefab or model or a map and I'll see if I can find something on it.

O yeah, you probably already know, but there is a Royal Guard model out for download. Hope this project works well.

I'll keep you up on the speed bike update.

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 12:16 AM
UPADTES

Awsome news:

Musashi has been working his tail off to get our site up, and It is... but we havent added things like fourms, pics news blah blah blah. So, just sit tight and keep an eye on it.

Return of the Jedi: Total Conversion Webpage:

http://liquid2k.com/rotj/

Thanks,
Steve

Arkum
08-03-2002, 12:16 AM
I've found a Leia in her bounty hunter uniform when she's in Jabba's palace, well I haven't found a speeder bike, looks like the guy threw out the project, but that's all I've found.

lassev
08-03-2002, 05:56 AM
If successful the speeder race in the woods will be extraordinary. However, I'm concerned about two things: how do you plan to control the flight speed and on the other hand, how do you plan to get around the fact that you can't make with Radiant a map that seems to be very big (as the forest should) if you fly at high speed.

Still, despite this bit of pessimism, I'm eagerly awaiting your project's fulfilment. Though I can't honestly expect this kind of project to be even in a beta test condition in just months! The amount of work is, truly, awesome.

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 08:33 AM
What we will be doing is applying the xwing physics in game. We will from there take that and change the code a bit. From there, basically we need to create a Speeder model. At that point, changes can also be made to the players poistion so they can better fit the bike.

This level should be one of the hardest to do (compared to all of our cut-scenes) But, I think that the overall effect will be nice.

Now, as for the map what we will do is create an area that has custom models (trees) all in different width, height. From there... we will also make sure that when ever you bump a tree... damage is applied.

We are also looking into what could happen if you fall off of your bike as luke does. Can you take out your lightsaber and slash the troopers as they speed by? Stay tuned. :)

Thanks,
Steve Crowley

Project Director/Sound Editor/Misc.

free_lancer3018
08-03-2002, 09:26 AM
I am very excited about this conversion but I still wonder I have played many maps that are big not as big as your but big none the less and well... they always seem to lag can u tell me how you are going to stop this problem of lagging and my computer has the top of the line graphics card but If you broke it into parts maybe that would help just a suggestion o and if you need any help finding models or skins or sound bites wavs and everything i can pull tht off of my ROTJ tape so if u want something like the ewok noise or speeder noise contact me via free_lancer3018@yahoo.com

thanx

ollyhills
08-03-2002, 09:39 AM
will the player be playing as luke or will you play different people, like in the phantom menace??????

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 10:04 AM
The maps we are making are large, However.. keep in mind that this is NOT a Mulitplayer Conversion. It is a stand alone SP game, (Multi player may be added later).

The maps should not lag in SP, I havent heard of anyone who does have them lag.

As for sounds what we are doing is voice acting... as for lightsaber/speeder blaster etc. sounds, we are working with the sound department in order to get the proper noises as you play along.

In game, you will play mostly as Luke Skywalker. But, there are times where Han Solo will be brought into the mix. ;)

Thanks,
Steve

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Bit o' news to report.

Acro has decided to join up! :p

Look for some skins from his this coming monday.

Arkum
08-03-2002, 01:07 PM
You're doing voice sounds. I don't think that's a good idea, to make close to the movie, I recommend you use sounds from the movie.

It'll be more realistic.

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Yes and no about the sounds... We can use some from the movie, but it's really hard to get a good quality sound from any of the OT movies, because there are no DVD version (at least not in the USA). The DIVX movies have decent sound, and I'm gonna be using them for sounds, but there are some things we might need voice actors for. I'd rather use the sounds from the movies, but it may be heard to get rid of the background music :-/.

Arkum
08-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Well, at least you're using some sounds from the movies. Keep the background music, it provides a feel of realism to the movie.

I'm not trying to flame you, I just think you should remain "true" to the movies.

Arkum
08-03-2002, 03:43 PM
I just watched the DivX version, the sound was clear to me.

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Sorry I was out today,

Were gonna be using voice acting for our charechters. Sure, things like 3po and Jabba will be from the movies, but in a way you need to create new sounds. If you dont, you have all of that static and white noise in the back... But, the best way to do this is voice actors. We can awalys hold tryouts for parts if needed. But for now, this is how I believe it will be done.

Arkum
08-03-2002, 05:12 PM
ok, as long as it's closee to what's in the movies. I have a question, when you finish this, will we have to load this from the mod menu, because mine doesn't work?:(

Arkum
08-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Also, why did you choose to do Return of The Jedi?

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 05:40 PM
ROTJ is the best and worst of the star wars movies... My favorite... So, I really wanted to do this.

razorace
08-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Plus, it's got the most saber time of all the original trilogy. :)

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 07:04 PM
It sure does. :)

nucular_jedi_14
08-03-2002, 08:10 PM
i keep gettin a stupid error in sp sayin=max Q path and i i can't get that fixed i can't play this mod

PunkBob
08-03-2002, 08:43 PM
that cuz its one of your maps ,i had the same problem,just make a seperate folder and put them in there if your gonna play multi,or put em in there one by one to find out which one causes the problem

PunkBob
08-03-2002, 08:45 PM
oh an if you guys need a tester for your maps id be glad to help ,my specs are as follows:amd 1800+ 512 megs ram gf4 ti4600 ,or should i just say alienware?

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Sounds good but at this time, we dont need any testers. :)

Eye candy on the way REAL REAL soon.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-03-2002, 10:29 PM
heh. I have that same machine spec.

^_^

w00t w00t!

I'll have a lot of fun modeling the weapons in this one. ^_^

Fo0
08-03-2002, 11:28 PM
hey, if you need any help or assistance with 2D graphics, like splash screens/load screens or ads and stuff, Im very skilled with photoshop....

if u need any help with that, just email/msn me or icq me,

msn/email = born2bebanned@hotmail.com
icq = 106641265

thx, FoO

Naphtali
08-03-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
Hey, I'll be doing weapons models for the game. If there are currently any models that we do not have please let me know so I can start work on them.

I have a official star wars weapons encylopedia, so just out of curiosity what will you be using as source for the weapons, and will you have Han Soloish type of blasters as well as axe's for Jabbas guards, and the like?

Also will you guys be editing some of the AI on some char, like maybe making certain types of troops stronger than other types?

Also will you be making models for ships, like the corellian ship, maybe taking it from X-wing alliance?
Also will it play exactly like the movie or will you have a certain amount of freedom in some cases?

Naphtali
08-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by cROsIs**

As for sounds what we are doing is voice acting... as for lightsaber/speeder blaster etc. sounds, we are working with the sound department in order to get the proper noises as you play along.

In game, you will play mostly as Luke Skywalker. But, there are times where Han Solo will be brought into the mix. ;)

Thanks,
Steve
Project Director/Sound Editor [/B]

Their are a few files that decent already, or are you guys going to look closely at the sounds of every movie, to determine whats best

Are these the models your using for your game?http://liquid2k.com/rotj/

cROsIs**
08-03-2002, 11:53 PM
The mod will be open-ended.

Some cut scenes will stop the game entireily, others will allow you to still control your player will in game.

Physics will be taken from the X wing to create a level where you piliot the speeder bike and also where you shoot Tie's outside the falcon.

Arkum
08-03-2002, 11:54 PM
nice thinking, this is getting better and better

-Chrono_MOT-
08-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Naphtali

I have a official star wars weapons encylopedia, so just out of curiosity what will you be using as source for the weapons, and will you have Han Soloish type of blasters as well as axe's for Jabbas guards, and the like?

Also will you guys be editing some of the AI on some char, like maybe making certain types of troops stronger than other types?

Also will you be making models for ships, like the corellian ship, maybe taking it from X-wing alliance?
Also will it play exactly like the movie or will you have a certain amount of freedom in some cases?

actually I was hoping someone would have reference pics for me. ^_^ But yes, if you see a weapon in the movie I guarantee I will make a model for it.

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 12:01 AM
UPDATE

Little late night update for you all.

Here goes:

http://liquid2k.com/rotj/newest.jpg

This is far from finished but its turning out rather nice. Thanks to Musashi for the update!

Also, again... Were in need of mappers. PM me if you intrested.

nucular_jedi_14
08-04-2002, 12:03 AM
i got my SP workin so dis is gonna be awsome!

Arkum
08-04-2002, 12:08 AM
looks awesome!!! Of course, still needs a few touches

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 12:12 AM
yea, its looking nice... Mus is making changes as I write this. :)

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Screenies soon. :P

Grafox
08-04-2002, 11:38 AM
You know, if you want, cROsIs**, I could do some free lance skinning for this project, meaning I will not be always available, but still can do some work.

email me @ grafox@quicknet.nl if interested.

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe, we hired arco to do most skins, he will be doing Jabba and a New luke and so on.

Maybe you can do some others for us, lemme know.

hoverbeast
08-04-2002, 12:16 PM
heres a question for ya,cROsIs**.Will we still be able to use all of our force powers?Or will we only be able to use the ones that luke uses in the movie?Also if itll be true to the movies,then darth would force push some stuff at us,then how the heck will we survive it.Force push?If so the it sounds like tennis with force push as the racket and the dirbis as the ball.Also will we require anything to play this mod?Or do we just delete most of the data in models and stuff and put in the new conversion data and models and stuff in its place?

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Well, in game you will be able to use all force powers that kyle uses EXCEPT lightning.

The only thing required to play the mod is Jedi Outcast.

As for News: More jabba shots coming soon... And possibly by next friday... an In game shot.

Arkum
08-04-2002, 12:40 PM
do we have to go to setup menu and choose the mod from the mod menu because for some reasin that never works for me, the mods in my folder nevber show up on my list, can someone help?

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 12:56 PM
At this point in time, it will be a stand alone mission, I dont have any more info on this at this time,

Arkum
08-04-2002, 01:00 PM
ok that's good:)

Arkum
08-04-2002, 01:06 PM
and Jabba's looking really good!

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 01:13 PM
Sorry I havent done this before but here is just a reminder of our very talented team:

Zeus
Zeus lives in south africa and will be our lead scripter and coder. He will also be modifing maps as needed.

MAUHAUAHAUH
He lives in cali and will being doin some coding modeling sounds and other Misc. stuff.

Mushashi
Head modeler, working on everything from a new lando to Jabba's monkey bia-tch

Chrono
He will be doing a bit of coding and a bit of Modeling.

Arco
You know what he will do! :) Arco is our lead skinner.

Sirex
Sirex will be on the mapping team and helping us out in that aspect, a lead mapper is still needed.

ME!
Iam overseeing the entire project, making sure what gets done, does. Im writing the script to the game and also editing sound.

There you have it... the CURRENT ROTJ:TC team, were still looking for more.

:)

Grafox
08-04-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't mind skinning "non-leading role" characters. I would love to skin an Ewok for example.

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Yea, we will see what we can do, but again... if you know any mappers let me know. :)

UltimateZeus
08-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi.

I am Zeus. I'm going to be doing cinematics, scripting and mapping for the MOD.

I made the House of Madness, Emperor's Villa and Emperor's Courthouse maps.

I have made a short cinematic test to try out some things. It isn't supposed to be anything special but if you want to check it out just put this pk3 file into your base directory www.liquid2k.com/rotj/testwalking.pk3 and in the console type map testwalking

If you have any queries - email me at ultimatezeus@hotmail.com

Arkum
08-04-2002, 02:25 PM
It isn't really working, there is no pk3 file. It downloads and it's nowhere on my computer

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 02:26 PM
So, what do you think about the test... questions? Comments?

Just keep em coming, we enjoy anwsering your questions.

Grafox
08-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Well, I personally don't know any mappers. You can always ask at the Raven Boards EF community.

Grafox
08-04-2002, 02:32 PM
I like the test. Hehe, he has quite the "zoom" on Jan's "two friends" in the end. ;)

Arkum
08-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey, not too bad, it was good.

I downloaded testwalking.pk3 and got it to work.

I hope this isn't going to be in the game, because I don't remember any of this in ROTJ.
I hope you use another Luke, too. The Luke in Jedi Outcast doesn't look like the one in ROTJ.
I sure hope Jan isn't in the game either. She never was in ROTJ.

If this was just a test to get it to work, well then, it works!!!

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 02:33 PM
LOL @ Arkum

You need to extract the entire downloaded file into your base... you dont open it up once it is downloaded, you just put it into you base.

;-P

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 02:37 PM
LMAO.... oh boy I havent laughed that hard in a whille. Of course thats not in the game.. its a TEST.

UltimateZeus
08-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Please everybody before the dumb comments. This is not going to be used in the MOD. Maybe the scripting - there is not going to be a Jan in the mod don't worry.

This is simply a test if you want to see some cinematic work.
It was actually a test to show the team what sort of things I could do and I thought i would share it with you.

Arkum
08-04-2002, 02:49 PM
LOL, I just woke up.

I'm not fully awake yet. LOL:rolleyes:

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Thats ok, more Jabba coming tonight.

Milestone Post yeah!

Arkum
08-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Alright:D

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 03:32 PM
If you just cant wait till our next update ;) We have some new stuff that we will put up around eight. :)

Fo0
08-04-2002, 04:54 PM
hey crosis**, if u need help with splash/start up screens man, im available to help... i can do 2d art for website or the game, i can also make ads and other stuff...

born2bebanned@hotmail.com

email me if u need help with that man.

thx, here is a sample of some of my work... 2 sigs and a wallpaper man...

http://www.sigrealm.com/sighosting/FoO/genosidetest.gif
http://www.sigrealm.com/sighosting/FoO/GENOSIDE1.jpg
http://www.sigrealm.com/sighosting/FoO/test 2.gif

Darth Damage
08-04-2002, 05:39 PM
my brother just gave me an interesting idea for the mod if it is possible you need to have a swoopbike level or somthin that would be soooo insane!!!

Arkum
08-04-2002, 05:53 PM
yeah, there's a level where you have a speeder bike and ride it through Endor

Darth Damage
08-04-2002, 06:28 PM
oh silly me just read aout it on page two, this mod will be sooo coool

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Yea, were also thinking of making a level where you are lando in the Falcon and you shoot down ties.

Arkum
08-04-2002, 06:57 PM
cool!!!:D

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 07:49 PM
More pics at nine.

Naphtali
08-04-2002, 08:09 PM

actually I was hoping someone would have reference pics for me. ^_^ But yes, if you see a weapon in the movie I guarantee I will make a model for it.

Sorry i dont have a scanner

Sascher1
08-04-2002, 08:59 PM
err whats up everyone. My name is RGF_Sapien, and ill be a mapper for ROTJ. Crosis contacted me a while ago and told me they needed a mapper so, im here.

Maps I have Made:
-SDE Temple
-RGF SpaceStation Version 1.0

Current Projects:
-http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum5/HTML/008336.html
-Duality Map

cROsIs**
08-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Nice to have you aboard.

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the team :). We've got a lot of mapping ahead of us, and your stuff is great, so I'm glad you can help out :).

jaybiggspr
08-05-2002, 07:03 AM
If you need any voicework done for the cutscenes or just in-game stuff, I'm the man to talk to. Please contact me either by PM or at jaybiggspr@hotmail.com .

Thanks.

cROsIs**
08-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Great Jay, we will keep in touch. :)

ollyhills
08-05-2002, 02:17 PM
will you be able to fly the falcon through the death star's central core like in x-wing alliance??? that would be cool

Darth Damage
08-05-2002, 03:04 PM
that would be exellent

Arkum
08-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing more than likely, yes.

cROsIs**
08-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Sorry about the lack of updates... its Monday.

More tonight.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Hey, I'm also going to be cultivating various sounds from films/etc so blah blah.

Oh yea, I'm also a client.

cROsIs**
08-05-2002, 10:43 PM
UPDATE

Ok guys, I know youve been waiting, heres the jabba... without his mouth.

http://www.geocities.com/stevencrowley2000/jabba.html

Enjoy:

Working on a Special Beta intro movie aswell.

Arkum
08-05-2002, 10:48 PM
good job, you really captures his grotesque figure!:p

-Chrono_MOT-
08-05-2002, 10:48 PM
hehe...you're gonna love what we have in store for you.

^_^

cROsIs**
08-05-2002, 10:53 PM
MAUHAUAHA

Darth Damage
08-06-2002, 12:42 AM
looks good makes me feel good about this one

UltimateZeus
08-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Hey guys. Here is some more from the cinematic and the mapping front. I am in progress with the intro cutscene (when vader lands at the beginning of the movie)

There will be a map when you are in the falcon and you go into the death star reactor. Nothing can be said for certain - but this is the plan.

If at first I do not succeed, I will try again

Arkum
08-06-2002, 01:11 AM
awesome! try to get some X-wings in the air too, to go into the Death Star.

cROsIs**
08-06-2002, 05:07 PM
We will try EVERYTHING we can to capture the movie. EVERYTHING.

Sascher1
08-06-2002, 05:37 PM
like I said in my post before, ive got 2 projects im already working on. So take your time before you send me the information about a map for me to make, ive my hands full already.

cROsIs**
08-06-2002, 05:44 PM
If you like to stay up late stay tuned at Midnight...

You might just get a BIG suprise.

Arkum
08-06-2002, 07:30 PM
sounds promising:p

Darth Damage
08-06-2002, 08:37 PM
BETTER BE!!!

cROsIs**
08-06-2002, 10:54 PM
UPDATES

Yes, its here! Your NEW screens of JABBA. Hooray!

http://liquid2k.com/rotj/groupshot.jpg

Arkum
08-06-2002, 11:49 PM
looking good, keep up the good work

cROsIs**
08-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Mushashi is king.

http://www.liquid2k.com/rotj/update5.jpg

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-07-2002, 12:21 AM
If anyone has a visual dictionary, reference pics for characters like crumb, Nien Nunb, the Rancor, Ewoks, etc would be very helpful. Also, any pics of Dagobah, Endor, and inside the imperial ship would be great.

Nice job on Jabba, Mushashi, he's looking fat and proud.

cROsIs**
08-07-2002, 12:24 AM
http://www.liquid2k.com/rotj/lefthand.jpg

GIVE US SOME FEED BACK.

Whats good, and whats not.

lassev
08-07-2002, 01:24 AM
Why is Jabba so sad? Just because he is going to die?
Very good work.

Arkum
08-07-2002, 02:07 AM
no, it's not complete yet. Jabba's eyes aren't complete and neither is his body. Anyways, check www.starwars.com for anything. I'll look for some reference pics. and above all, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!:D

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:20 AM
Uncertain of how many HTML'S permitted in one post, so, in my chronological sequence....

Crumb: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/salaciouscrumb/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/salaciouscrumb/img/bts_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/salaciouscrumb/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/salaciouscrumb/img/movie_bg.jpg

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:21 AM
Nien-Nunb: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/niennunb/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/niennunb/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/niennunb/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/niennunb/img/bts_bg.jpg

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:23 AM
Rancor.....(I'll acquire a few more...)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/rancor/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/rancor/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/rancor/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/rancor/img/bts_bg.jpg

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:24 AM
Ewoks:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/ewok/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/ewok/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/ewok/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/ewok/img/bts_bg.jpg

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:25 AM
Dagobah:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/yodashut/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dagobah/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dagobah/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dagobah/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/yodashut/img/curve.jpg

Quotation
08-07-2002, 04:25 AM
Endor:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/endor/img/curve.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/endor/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/endor/img/eu_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/endor/img/bts_bg.jpg

cROsIs**
08-07-2002, 10:09 AM
WOW!

Thanks.

As for looking so "sad" You might also want to realize he has no skin at this time.

cROsIs**
08-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Page 2??? Cmon guyz.

:P

Arkum
08-07-2002, 08:34 PM
are the ewok models gonna be the same or will they vary?

-Chrono_MOT-
08-07-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm taking care of the scaling aspects of the game. So far, we plan to have at least 4 or 5 generic sizes for Ewoks, along with a POSSIBLE 20 skins so that totals of almost 100 different Ewoks. Of course, don't take this by any means as concrete because I'm just throwing numbers out. If you have 5 skins per Ewok and 5 different Ewok sizes, that makes for 25 spawnable Ewoks.

Arkum
08-07-2002, 09:11 PM
cool!

Hope it works out well.

Quotation
08-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Just give me indication of what you require. Plenty of resource.

Arkum
08-08-2002, 12:58 AM
any new updates?:D

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-08-2002, 03:37 AM
Please don't ask for updates.. When we have something to post, we will post it, trust me. Btw, if anyone knows how to remove music from .wav files using an editor (frequency filtering perhaps?), I'd be really interested in learning how, since we want to grab sound files from the films yet lose the music (so we can time it better).

cROsIs**
08-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Right now chrono is working on the saber moves/stances for the game, were getting new ideas as we go along.

We can also create different fighting "styles" for each person.

So, if you luke Skywalker and you have that stupid little girly pose :) when fighting Darth Vader he will use one hand like he does, sounds great.

:P

Arkum
08-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA
Please don't ask for updates.. When we have something to post, we will post it, trust me. Btw, if anyone knows how to remove music from .wav files using an editor (frequency filtering perhaps?), I'd be really interested in learning how, since we want to grab sound files from the films yet lose the music (so we can time it better).

sorry dude. Anyways, I heard you can download this program that will separate sounds in a file. For Instance, you can separate background music, background effects and dialogue. I can't remember what it is, my friend has it, sh*t I can't remember!

captainshuttle
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
It it just me, or are all the pics and downloads and the releated not working? Can't wait for this mod! :deathii:

Arkum
08-08-2002, 07:43 PM
they work for me.

Lionen
08-08-2002, 08:21 PM
...but not for me....

cROsIs**
08-08-2002, 08:36 PM
All of the links now should be defective, but they will be up again soon.

:thumbs1:

Quotation
08-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Dagobah:

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Dagobah.jpg

Endor:

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Endor.jpg

Ewoks:

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Ewoks2.jpg

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Ewoks.jpg

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Ewoks4-art.jpg

http://www.episode-x.com/galleries/EpisodeVI/Ewoks3-art.jpg

cROsIs**
08-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Just a lil update:

We got jabba in game... YEA.

Quotation
08-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Startling revelation...Well Done. :D

jaybiggspr
08-11-2002, 04:53 AM
Hey cROsIs**, was that u who E-mailed me? Anyways I would still greatly like to help with the voice work so send me either a PM, E-mail, or MSN message. @
jaybiggspr@hotmail.com

Lionen
08-11-2002, 08:19 AM
When you are done with the first level, couldnt you upload it as a demo? That would be cool to show us how it will look...

-Chrono_MOT-
08-11-2002, 10:02 AM
*waves hand*

you don't need a demo...

Quotation
08-11-2002, 11:58 PM
*We don't need a demo........*

cROsIs**
08-12-2002, 12:35 AM
THink of it this way:

You dont need a demo becasue were relasing the mod in three different sections.

Twisted Vertex
08-12-2002, 12:38 AM
WOW, Quotation, your really good at quoting. I am most impressed. Keep up the good work.

Primesghost
08-12-2002, 08:35 PM
This sounds really interesting. I've been working on a programming degree and will graduate in nine months. I went to school with the intentions of getting a job in the Gaming industry so have been planning to join a modding team near the end of my schooling. I would like to help out with your mod.

My qualifications:
I have mapping experience with the Quake 3 engine and would be willing to work on a few maps in addition to coding work.

I have formal training in ANSI C++ which is the language the game is written in.

I have formal training in ASP and HTML development.

I have downloaded the Source for MP JK2 and have been playing with it :)

If you're still looking for someone, please email me at primesghost@hotmail.com

or contact me through AOL instant messenger
Screenname: primesgho

Thanx,
Prime

-Chrono_MOT-
08-12-2002, 10:27 PM
o_0

I think you're a little OVERqualified but it'd probably be unanimous having you aboard. ^_^

You COULD help me and musashi with our MP mod, which is rather top-secret at the moment but the physics of it will more than likely be implemented into the ROTJ mod (part 2).

Primesghost
08-12-2002, 11:43 PM
Sure, I can help. I'd also be happy to help with the Web site. I was wondering how you were planning to adapt the MP code to a SP environment.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 12:18 AM
well, PM me if you are interested in that mod...but for this mod what we really need to do is get a ton of models done (heh), and make maps. Part 2 will come when we have figured out how to successfully implement something we are dying to do.

Speeder bikes. We want that awesome speeder bike sequence to be fully done. I imagine it will require a lot of creative thinking, so if you are up to helping us figure it out we would be grateful. Other than that, modelers and mappers are what we are in need of.

Manquesa
08-13-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, I plan on resuming work on my Boba Fett Slave 1 prefab this week, I stopped working on it for a while because I got kinda burned out on it, but i'm determined to finish this thing. Once completed it'll be available to anyone who wants it, check it out here -- www.manquesa.com/jk2.htm

Also, i've been planning on making a map based on ROTJ for quite some time now and I intend to start work on it as soon as I finish this Slave 1. I want to make and SP map based on the scene on Endor where Han, Leia, the ewoks, etc., try to enter that power station bunker. They have to fight against at-st's and stormies and then they take over an at-st and make their way inside and destroy the power station. I probablly wouldn't be a very long level, but i'd do plenty of cutscenes and cinematics to make it like the movie.

If once I get going in making this level I feel that it would be a worthwile contribution to your mod and that I can finish it in a decent amount of time, i'll offer that up to you guys as well (if you'd want it) otherwise i'll just release it by itself.

Quotation
08-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Couldn't you simply apply the X-Wing physics upon one one the intended prefabs? That wouldn't be exceedingly difficult....Would it?

reaper1576
08-13-2002, 04:15 AM
Sorry to say this guys just been going througth this thread and its seems like a lot of talk all your links to screen shots and your site are dead nothing to show apart from a few numbers in someone signiture

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 08:16 AM
Sorry to say this, but you are an (5 minutes of bleeped out words).

So what if the links are dead? We have plenty to show for in other forums, and in other screens. Just because we don't visit this forum with an update every day doesn't mean anything.

So, what are you trying to say? That we're not really doing an ROTJ mod? All because we don't have pictures that are working right now? Who the hell are you? Wait, don't answer that. Frankly, I don't really care. Go find someone else's thread to trash, because the progress we're making on this TC isn't going to come at light speed. Unlike other TC people, we're planning things out one step at a time.

If we were to do everything we wanted at once, this mod would never see the light of day. Instead, we're breaking it up into 3 seperate levels for you to play in, and doing the best we can to be accurate. If that's not good enough for you, go play another TC (like AOTC, which I don't think will ever see the light of day).

cROsIs**
08-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Ok lets break it up.

Lets get back on to topic.

First off, we will be applying x-wing physics to the Speeder bikes and the MF so we will be able to have some levels outside the standard walking around with a saber.

And, if you have had any intrest in joining in the rotj tc, Keep an eye on your email this week, I will get back to ALL of you.

The Count
08-13-2002, 12:38 PM
You have some great ideas with this TC however what I'm worried about is won't the lack of the SP SDK hamper the TC?

Darth-Nasty
08-13-2002, 12:54 PM
where can i find some info and screenshots of this mod it sounds good!:)

the link in your signiture doesnt work

ollyhills
08-13-2002, 02:21 PM
If anyone has a visual dictionary, reference pics for characters like crumb, Nien Nunb, the Rancor, Ewoks, etc would be very helpful. Also, any pics of Dagobah, Endor, and inside the imperial ship would be great.

Nice job on Jabba, Mushashi, he's looking fat and proud.

i have the star wars visual dictionary and the cross-sections books -- id be glad to help out there

Manquesa
08-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Latest News:
Webpage up.... Mapper opening.

Okay, so where's the webpage, the link in your sig just takes you to an access forbidden page.

cROsIs**
08-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Unlike other TC's were not worried about our site.

Its the GAME that matters guy.

:rolleyes:

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 07:13 PM
And unlike other TCs we don't put a ****load of work into our site and not our mod. AOTC keeps you updated, yea...but what else do they have to show for? Nothing. When we feel you need to be updated, we'll only give major updates. So our site isn't working. Can you afford a website and storage space for your team to work off of?

Manquesa just go somewhere else besides here. You aren't wanted by the team or by anyone who has shown interest, it's obvious all you are trying to do is cause trouble.

Manquesa
08-13-2002, 09:23 PM

Manquesa just go somewhere else besides here. You aren't wanted by the team or by anyone who has shown interest, it's obvious all you are trying to do is cause trouble.

whoa whoa whoa, excuse me mother****er, I asked a simple ****ing question. Unlike other TC's/mods, you guys say you got a website up, but all you provide is dead links to it. I've been as polite as can be and even offered my own help to you guys, check one page back. Others have been accusing you of not doing anything, not me. I asked if you guys maybe had another link to your website or something, because as the quote said, your website is now up and running, but when I click on the link to it I get an access forbidden page. You guys should be pleased that people are interested in this, not getting pissed off because people want to check it out. Please read these posts before you respond to them.

I'll apologize for my language if you apologize for telling to go somewhere and jumping to conclusions about what you think i'm imlying when I ask you a simple question.

Arkum
08-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Unlike other TC's were not worried about our site.

Its the GAME that matters guy.

:rolleyes:

Amen to that. I don't care about some sites, I want to see how good the game is.

volrathxp
08-13-2002, 10:00 PM
And unlike other TCs we don't put a ****load of work into our site and not our mod. AOTC keeps you updated, yea...but what else do they have to show for? Nothing. When we feel you need to be updated, we'll only give major updates. So our site isn't working. Can you afford a website and storage space for your team to work off of?

Manquesa ain't causing any trouble for you. One would think a simple question like that could be answered easily by you and not so avoided as you just did.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm really sorry about that last outburst manquesa.

I misunderstood you for the person who was trying to trash the mod earlier - my mistake. I do apologize for going off on you like that.

I just get sick of people making demands when they aren't doing any work. ^_^

cROsIs**
08-13-2002, 10:30 PM
STOP THE FLAMING.

If you have others matters, take it up in a PM, PLEASE.

Manquesa
08-13-2002, 10:31 PM
I appreciate your being mature enough to admit a mistake was made. I understand, there were others trying to trash you guys, but not me. I apologize for getting as upset as I did and in that language, I just felt I was being so wronged. Well my previous offer still stands, if I have anything that I think maybe you guys could use, i'll let you know and offer it up to you, if you guys want it, cool, if not, on prob either.

UniKorn
08-14-2002, 02:23 AM
[B]And unlike other TCs we don't put a ****load of work into our site and not our mod. AOTC keeps you updated, yea...but what else do they have to show for? Nothing. When we feel you need to be updated, we'll only give major updates. So our site isn't working. Can you afford a website and storage space for your team to work off of?

Jediknightii.net offers free webspace for good mods. The need for a website might seem unnecessary to you, but it is your portal to the world out there.

Secondly, you should cool it. The person who in your opinion tried to trash the mod earlier just stated that : the links were all dead, and that a few numbers in your signature actually mean nothing. Which is completely true. There was nothing wrong with his comment, yet you took it the bad way.

The only thing you are achieving at the moment is giving your mod the reputation of being a bunch of jerks who think they are better than anyone, and apart from that, have bad comments on other mods like AOTCTC, guys who are also only doing this for the community and in their free time. Disrespect is all you are getting from me. Instead of having respect for other mod teams, you bash em. Pretty hypocrit if you ask me.

UltimateZeus
08-14-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi, I am working on the MOD as well and I haven't said anything bad to anyone, ever.

I got pissed off enough when people gave crap comments about my maps.

Just because one team member says something idiotic, doesn't mean you must get all huffy and disrespect the whole team.

Not everyone is trying to be an *******. I am just trying to make something enjoyable for everyone to have fun with.

Anyone that is not interested in the MOD, please don't post comments as it just causes unneccessary arguments.

Thanks a lot

Zeus

UniKorn
08-14-2002, 04:44 AM
Every team member of your mod team has a responsability to keep his teams reputation high. It is very clear that he speaks as a member of the team and not as an individual. A member of my team would face a serious warning or would even be kicked out when acting like this.

The other members of the team individually still got my respect, and I can understand that you don't like to see your teams reputation be destroyed, but it is upon the teams members to behave themselves. Once you join a mod team, you know that your actions will affect the whole team and not yourself alone.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-14-2002, 06:55 PM
don't make me out to be an ******* just because I fired back at someone. His remarks may have been true, but totally unneeded.

I do apologize for my remarks about the AOTC team, because I do wish them success. But where are all the "where's this and that" remarks for them?

I don't think I'm better than anyone else. ****ing shame on your for ever saying such a god damn thing. I was raised right, and for me to think I'm better than anyone else for any reason it out of the question in my conscience.

I don't think our mod will be the absolute be-all end-all of mods, but before you say we have nothing to show for let us come up with something.

Don't ever talk to me like I'm some little bastard who doesn't understand the english language again. I am fully aware of what my actions do to the reputations of anyone else, and if they don't respect me oh well! I'm doing this mod because I've always wanted to work on a mod team. If anyone insults the work of me or my colleagues I'm not going to swallow my pride in the name of saving face.

If you have something intelligible to apply to this thread, by all means post. But if you have nothing that is going to help us, please post somewhere else.

Quotation
08-15-2002, 03:31 AM
What have you just completed, Chrono? I noticed your avatar. :D
And has MUHAHAHAHAH acknowledged my posts? I keep wondering whether he received them or not.
:confused:

How convenient:

:launcher: :beam2:

-Chrono_MOT-
08-15-2002, 08:09 AM
Muahaha and I have been busy working on the graphical aspects of the mod, so we haven't had a chance to really get to it. So far we've managed to import the TRUE Star Wars style font into the game, and make a new...well I can't tell you it's secret for now. ^_^

Anyway, if you would like to know what my avatar stands for, go to the modeling forum. All of my works related to my avatars are posted there. That particular one is called the Timesaber and can be found on jediknightii.net

Twisted Vertex
08-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Well here is my two Euro's. I personally could give two ****s what you think about us. I am not running a popualarity contest here. If you do like us, stop posting here, simple as that. I am not worried about our TEAM reputation being high, becasue I know that the rest of my team is mature enough to take care of themselves.

No, we don't need a website. We really don't even NEED to keep you informed. Sure its nice to have a little update here and there.

Anyways here is a KIND update from your negihborhood modeler. I am having difficualy weighting down my NEW skeleton for jabba, he seems to be have trouble useing up all the verts avaible to him. I am going to be starting th erancor model shortly, I have another matter to attend to at the moment. If you really must know, i am AT another forum, trying to figure out 3d photorealism.

Manquesa
08-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by musashi122
If you do like us, stop posting here, simple as that.

Is it me or does that comment make no sense.

Gee, way to build up support for your mod.

Consider this one mod that I am no longer interested in.

UniKorn
08-16-2002, 01:10 PM
If you have something intelligible to apply to this thread, by all means post. But if you have nothing that is going to help us, please post somewhere else. [/B]

To be honest, I haven't seen any example from you where there is any itelligible talk in it. Pretty hard to do so without an example, but if all that stuff you just posted is considered intelligible, I refuse to post in that fashion.

UltimateZeus
08-16-2002, 03:23 PM
Hey UniKorn,

I know you love spending your time criticisizing this mod, but the thread really is for people to ask about the mod.

No one was intentionally trying to insult you. If you want nothing to do with us, fine.

Don't download the mod when it is finished and stop posting messages in this thread if you are going to act like a dick.

Twisted Vertex
08-16-2002, 06:10 PM
hmmmm.....interesting concept. Kinda sounds, well ya know simple......... Maybe a little to simple.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Yes, perhaps a little too simple.

Because you know, every single mod team is the essence of perfection and NONE of them are human with any real flaws.

Oh, except for maybe Unikorn, who is so quick to point out everyone else's but his own.

Heh. Good. Don't post here, that's exactly what we want. We want help and questions, not flames and criticism on something you haven't even seen yet.

cROsIs**
08-16-2002, 09:10 PM
:: Puts up FLAME PRROF SHIELD ::

DUCK GUYS, HERE IT COMES!

ZBomber
08-17-2002, 01:52 PM
:: Puts up FLAME PRROF SHIELD ::

DUCK GUYS, HERE IT COMES!

I wish I had one of those.... :(

-Chrono_MOT-
08-17-2002, 10:30 PM
punt.

idontlikegeorge
08-18-2002, 01:34 AM
crosis, your link in your sig doesnt work. id love to see WIP screens.

:cool:

Quotation
08-18-2002, 02:39 AM
Oh dear....:D

Darth-Nasty
08-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

wouldnt we all:)

Manquesa
08-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

:cool:

uhh, many have asked about that and recieved hell for it. Be carefull what you ask for here, read some of the other posts here, you'll see what i'm talking about. They don't seem to like people showing an interest in their mod.

superdude201
08-18-2002, 10:54 AM
don't make me out to be an ******* just because I fired back at someone. His remarks may have been true, but totally unneeded.

I do apologize for my remarks about the AOTC team, because I do wish them success. But where are all the "where's this and that" remarks for them?

I don't think I'm better than anyone else. ****ing shame on your for ever saying such a god damn thing. I was raised right, and for me to think I'm better than anyone else for any reason it out of the question in my conscience.

I don't think our mod will be the absolute be-all end-all of mods, but before you say we have nothing to show for let us come up with something.

Don't ever talk to me like I'm some little bastard who doesn't understand the english language again. I am fully aware of what my actions do to the reputations of anyone else, and if they don't respect me oh well! I'm doing this mod because I've always wanted to work on a mod team. If anyone insults the work of me or my colleagues I'm not going to swallow my pride in the name of saving face.

If you have something intelligible to apply to this thread, by all means post. But if you have nothing that is going to help us, please post somewhere else.

Come on all he asked was if he could see some stuff from it and then when people say stuff u get in a stress. U should be happy people are taking interest in your mod not beating them of with a barge pole.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-18-2002, 12:46 PM
o_o are you still posting about that? that was a dead issue as of last week o_o

and I don't mind people showing interest in the mod. What I do mind is people asking sarcastic questions in a snotty manner.

"Can you fix the broken link in your sig? I'd like to see some WIP screens, thanks!"

versus

"Wow. You certainly don't have anything to show for yet. How about some screens for this mod you are 'making'?"

Which one sounds better to you? Showing interest is one thing - trying to be sarcastic instead of courteous is another.

I'll get you WIP screens as soon as we can - we have a lot of things to work on for the first build, and I don't want to give rehashed MP screens when we want something more concrete to show. We still haven't even finished Jabba yet. Until we do, we can't do anything.

superdude201
08-18-2002, 01:20 PM
K soz i didn't see the sarcastic remark

idontlikegeorge
08-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Manquesa
uhh, many have asked about that and recieved hell for it. Be carefull what you ask for here, read some of the other posts here, you'll see what i'm talking about. They don't seem to like people showing an interest in their mod.

;)

i thought you werent interested in this mod, why did you come back to the thread? :naughty:

forum drama.... horrible, horrible addiction. gotta love it. :)

Manquesa
08-18-2002, 02:31 PM
check your PM, i'm not gonna reply here, too many touchy people.

Twisted Vertex
08-18-2002, 06:35 PM
One time, In band camp I made a tuna salad sandwich, But I think I put to much mayo on it... :(

cROsIs**
08-18-2002, 08:26 PM
UPDATES

Luke is DONE

And ARCO is still the man.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/luke1.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/luke2.jpg

idontlikegeorge
08-18-2002, 08:28 PM
HEY UNKIE CROSIS HAS A GREAT IDEA.thanks, good ideas need to be in capital letters; it really shows, in fact, how important they really are.

IF YOUR WONDERING ABOUT THE MOD, WERE DOING FINE thats nice that you all are doing fine, i must say.

HOWS YOUR DOG DOING, AND WHAT DID YOU ALL EAT FOR DINNER?actually, my dog died a few years ago. my cat is doing good though, although he hates the current drought we got; tonight i had KFC for dinner; it was good... i personally like popeyes' better, but the only popeyes round here is in the ghetto.

Arco
08-18-2002, 08:55 PM
here is my first contribution... his name is Luke, he is a jedi like his father before him. I hope this improves on the Raven textures (altho the only way i could get the hair to have no seams was to use their texture.. poop i hate doing that)

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/luke1.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/luke2.jpg

Arco:deathii:

-Chrono_MOT-
08-19-2002, 12:07 AM
welcome back to the fold Arco. I'm glad everything is going well for you.

Twisted Vertex
08-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Heres a little update on my behalf, I am currently in a transition period, I am moving from MAX to softimage xsi. Its going pretty good, I pretty much have a headache, from the articles and tutorials, Plus the added noise of my printer rolling away all day. I figure as soon as I get this render tree under way, I be able to saddle up to finsih jabba in softimage.

Oh for you modelers, to weight in softimage, all you have to do select a bone, and paint the vertices.........like a brush......instead of enevelops...

Naphtali
08-20-2002, 05:49 PM
Are the models you guys using all new, can i see a few of them?

Question are you guys going to have you control luke only or Han solo at some times in the game, and are you going to make extra missions where theirs leeway to expand the adventure?

Finally are you going to try to duplicate the battle on endor to an extent

-Chrono_MOT-
08-20-2002, 05:51 PM
1.) No, some are current models that have recently been released( within the last 3 months)

2.) Yes, you will get to control multiple characters during some points in the game. This is so you get the maximum movie experience and not a "wow so let's make up a huge story for leia while Luke trains on Dagobah". This is going to be 80% movie, instead of garbage fanfic.

3.) Sure are.

Naphtali
08-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Will you guys edit the characters then, like animating vadars cape a little, or editting him at all?

also will you make a new saber modification to make the sabers more ROTJ than AOTC and TPMish?
WIll you add more little dialouge for commanders, stormtroopers, etc?
WIll you guys try to change some force abilites too, like rewriting Vadar style of fighting? and will you find a way to give luke rage, or is that impossible at this point?

Gram_Reaper
08-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Hey the mod sounds great and id love if you guys had a position for me. But i cant access your site. It keeps saying that im forbiddin to enter it

razorace
08-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....

UniKorn
08-22-2002, 04:45 AM
2.) Yes, you will get to control multiple characters during some points in the game. This is so you get the maximum movie experience and not a "wow so let's make up a huge story for leia while Luke trains on Dagobah". This is going to be 80% movie, instead of garbage fanfic.

This means you guys have an icarus scripting decompiler?

-Chrono_MOT-
08-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Unikorn. This'll be the only time I say this, because I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing. Don't be such an ass!

First of all, I am only telling you what I'm being told by Crosis. I don't know the first thing about Icarus scripts, that's Zeus' job.

I'm glad you like to come in here and try to pick apart our work, but please just go away. You are really starting to irritate me with your idiotic sarcastic remarks.

Now, for the benefit of the doubt, since you may have been serious. No, we don't have an Icarus decompiler - and I wouldn't know if we did because it's not my job. So go pick on someone else.

Here's my question to you, oh great holy mapper of Wired Lamp Studios (*cough* just a team of mappers). I am assuming since your maps are so great that you've decompiled radiant just because it has elements that people may have not seen before, or have never tried doing?

Thought not. Take your narrow-minded ass elsewhere.

Manquesa
08-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Geez, once again soomebody asks a simple ****ing question and recieves hell for it, god damn!

And before you tell me to go away too, this is a public forum and I have a right to browse through and read the various posts in it. If I see something that I want to reply to, i'm gonna reply to it regardless if the originators of the thread like it or not.

Now go ahead and flame me too, I know you want to. I don't mind though, no skin off my back.

UniKorn
08-22-2002, 08:52 AM
1. It was a normal question. The question was asked because another mod team was building it, yet their dll was 6 mb in size while ours is 200K (i think). So we helped them get their stuff together. I was wondering if it was your team or another team.

2. We got a decompiler, which we are offering to the public as an open source as soon as we are out of beta stage, to help other mod teams with their development. We even offer it to other mod teams at this moment should they need it, yet due to your numerous comments I will reconsider that decision on my part, since appearantly we will have to make decisions on who gets it and who doesn't.

3.(*cough* just a team of mappers)

Wired Lamp Studios consists of :

8 mappers
2 coders
2(3) texturers
2 skinners
2 concept artists
2(3) modellers
1 professional writer
1(2) Project Leader

Some of these people got 2 functions, which brings our "potential staff" to the number in brackets. Check your info before you make such a statement.

So be4 calling me an ass I suggest you check all your posts. 99% of my posts here are to help the community. I wonder what you have "contributed" sofar.

Apart from this post

To be honest, I haven't seen any example from you where there is any itelligible talk in it. Pretty hard to do so without an example, but if all that stuff you just posted is considered intelligible, I refuse to post in that fashion.

all my other posts here have been guidelines on what you should do to increase the chance of success of your mod. If you put that beside you, that is your choice, but trashing me because I gave advice is pretty childish.

Here's my question to you, oh great holy mapper of Wired Lamp Studios (*cough* just a team of mappers). I am assuming since your maps are so great that you've decompiled radiant just because it has elements that people may have not seen before, or have never tried doing?
Thought not. Take your narrow-minded ass elsewhere.

No, but I do am one of the people who is helping Ydnar (who did decompile radiant) with testing his sof2map (which is used to compile jk2 radiant maps). You should really just cool off instead of denying a helping hand.

Gram_Reaper
08-22-2002, 11:50 AM
well...

Twisted Vertex
08-22-2002, 03:01 PM
One time in band camp, I had nothing better to do than bicker about other peoples mods.

idontlikegeorge
08-22-2002, 03:43 PM
and bicker at people bickering at the mod :)

but seriously, do you guys at the moment know how to switch the player model in-game? cuz i know alot of SP episode creators could expand their stories and levels with this

UniKorn
08-22-2002, 03:49 PM
We do not SWITCH characters, I haven't tested co-op yet, since at the moment TheSnerd is doing everything for it, and I am already busy with the other WLS projects. but it is MULTIPLAYER, meaning that you can select any model that you want, and the plan is to allow you to play the bad guy as well. Meaning that you can be a reborn in the single player game. The only thing you won't be able to do is save your game (at least that is something that we will implement as last, if we are going to do that)

idontlikegeorge
08-22-2002, 04:00 PM
oh, cool... i was kinda asking the ROTJ team... so it hasnt been done in SP?

-Chrono_MOT-
08-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Which is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt part of the post Unikorn. On the chance that you weren't nitpicking and really trying to help me, no we don't have a decompiler. I had no idea one needed something in order to do what Crosis had proposed.

Now, if you want to help, then please at least try to make the comments you make clear...as in don't quote what someone said. I've dealt with a lot of jackasses at work today and the last thing I need is to come home and read more messages seemingly nitpicking our work.

And Manquesa, no one is going to flame you. Maybe to you he was asking a simple question, but it wasn't phrased as such. Which brings me to this again:

"Did you guys know you will need a decompiler in order to do that? I can tell you where to get one and how to use it if you need it."

as opposed to

"This means you have an icarus decompiler?"

I'll be honest with you, like I said before. I don't know what the heck an icarus decompiler would do, so asking me would not do any good. Hence, I assumed you were asking me since it was me you quoted.

I am not meaning to be an ass, believe it or not. You can say what you want, all I am telling the community is what I'm being told...and I certainly don't appreciate being bashed for that (after all, I'm just the modeler/implementer, the scripting isn't my job).

I apologize for the attack on you guys Unikorn, but please if you are trying to be of help at least phrase it as such. I'm from Jersey and up there you need to be very clear as to what you are trying to say. ^_^

UltimateZeus
08-23-2002, 01:38 AM
Ok, to clear up about the ICARUS scripting. No you don't need a decompiler.

I create all my scripting from scratch. You do not need a decompiler to do the movies, etc.

I actually don't see any point in a decompiler. The only reason you would need one is to decompile other people's scripting.

Raven brought out their decompiled scripts so you wouldn't need a decompiler for that.

I prefer not to steal other peoples scripting so I create everthing myself. Check out my maps and the testwalking.pk3 if it is still up. If not request a link and i'll upload it again.

Hope this clears some things up.

Thanks a lot

Zeus

UniKorn
08-23-2002, 02:54 AM
Zeus, appearantly you don't have an idea what I am talking about ;) When you write your icarus script, you compile it afterwards to a compiled version of your icarus script. We do not use our decompiler to decompile other people's stuff.

Our compiler decompiles it and makes your icarus script work in the MULTIPLAYER version of the game. Since you guys were talking about multiple players in a cinematic event, I assumed you were planning on having a multiplayer experience with scripting.

Which would require the need of code to decompile a compiled version of the icarus scripts that you create.

Hope that I am making sense here.

UltimateZeus
08-23-2002, 07:08 AM
Sorry for the confusion. The reason I didn't know that you were talking about the Multiplayer aspect is because this isn't a multiplayer mod.

ROTJ is going to be a Single Player TC and therefore multiplayer scripting will not be needed, only SP.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Well, now it makes perfect sense. I hope it's become clear to everyone that this is NOT a MP mod, it's a SP mod.

God's sake...no wonder there was so much confusion.

By multiple players we mean one second you are Luke, the next scene you are Han...etc.

idontlikegeorge
08-23-2002, 04:27 PM
By multiple players we mean one second you are Luke, the next scene you are Han...etc.

yeah, so how exactly do you switch player models in-game? id love to know how to do that - i know its possible; the atst example, but i havent found a scripting command for it as yet

Quotation
08-24-2002, 12:20 AM
Hmmmm.....*Strokes beard thoughtfully*.....

Don't know. :D

Naphtali
08-24-2002, 02:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UltimateZeus
Sorry for the confusion. The reason I didn't know that you were talking about the Multiplayer aspect is because this isn't a multiplayer mod.

ROTJ is going to be a Single Player TC and therefore multiplayer scripting will not be needed, only SP. [/QUOT

Are you guys going to get around not having the sp source, and still make this tc stand out, will it constrain you

ollyhills
08-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....

yes. the armour IS different. there are only 3 changes that i know of though; the helmet
the chest plate
and the shoulder pads

the mouth of the helmet in rotj is bigger -- and black. in star wars and empire it was grey and black

on the chest plate you will notice some black dots

.. .
. .
. --- Star wars . --- empire & jedi
. .

and on the shoulders (as you said) the shoulder pads are completely different

ollyhills
08-24-2002, 11:16 AM
i dont know definately, but i THINK that the stormtrooper in jk2 is the one from star wars & empire

also, i got the dots all screwed up in the last thread.

. .
. --- star wars

. --- empire & jedi

UltimateZeus
08-25-2002, 07:58 AM
No, not having the source won't hurt us.

We can still do

1) Cinematics (ingame and not)
2) Modelling
3) Scripting
4) Mapping
5) etc.

It is possible to make a tc almost exactly like the movie. Things like having a double light saber in SP is one of the problems of not having the code but that was only in episode 1.

Naphtali
08-25-2002, 08:15 PM
Excuse me i have so many questions, since this TC is actually progreesing.

WIll you have the dynamic music system for your own tracks, since JO doesn't have all the music from ROTJ?

WIll you make the player follow exactly whats going on in the movie, or will you guys make multiple ways to complete the objective? Example, when you invade Jabbas palace will you automatically go right to the scartac pit, or will you have an opportunity to accomplish the mission then and there?

Are voice actors really neccessary, or can some char be tooken directly from the movie,?(Lando) do you plan to remake him Lando in ROTJ form?

Is their a way to change the style of a saber combatant, for ex the reborn mainly flip around with their saber, is their anyway you guys can or will edit that for Vadar, so he uses only certain powers at certain times?

WIll you include more objects that can be manipulated by the force?Pull, pushed into people

DO you guys plan to make the damage factor more like the cannon movies, assuming because stormtrooper armor seems to be a slight downgrade from Mandalorian armor, you probably know more than I, but will you have that as well, so it will be realistic combat but the stormtroopers wont just be mincemeat for you?

THats all for now, if anyone from the team can answer thanks

UltimateZeus
08-26-2002, 01:17 AM
Most of what you said we are going to try to do.

About jabbas palace - it will go to the pit - the movie will be followed. There will however be stages where it is not exactly like the movie to keep up with gameplay.

About vader. We are able to make him do things when we want but not while he is fighting (if you are talking about animation). Otherwise we can make him move and act how we want him to.

Hope this helps

Zeus

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-26-2002, 05:28 AM
Naphtali, here are the answers to your questions, to the best of my knowledge. Zeus, Chrono, Crosis, Mushashi, feel free to correct me...

1) The music is a non-issue... You can specify the background music for every level.

2) Yes and no. You WILL have to do the Sarlaac pit level... It would be very strange if that part of the story never happened (Boba Fett still being in the picture, Jabba not dead, Han/Chewie still prisoners, etc). There will be more room for exploration on Endor and such.

3) Yes and no again... Sounds can be ripped for some things, but not for all. It's too hard to get rid of the background music so we might have to voice act for a lot of scenes... :-/

4) No, at least not w/out the SP SDK (which may never come out)

5) I guess that could be possible, but only in levels where you are Luke, since nobody else uses the Force in ROTJ (besides Palpy and Vader when they're fighting Luke)

6) Not possible - see #4

-Chrono_MOT-
08-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Will you have the dynamic music system for your own tracks, since JO doesn't have all the music from ROTJ?

1.) as stated previously, yes the music is customizable. So it is merely a matter of getting the music from various sources. For reference, the vast majority of music found in JO is from all 3 movies.

Will you make the player follow exactly whats going on in the movie, or will you guys make multiple ways to complete the objective? Example, when you invade Jabbas palace will you automatically go right to the scartac pit, or will you have an opportunity to accomplish the mission then and there?

2.) This is also covered quite a bit. For example, when you come to the Rancor pit you won't have a lightsaber. You can use different ways of defeating it. You can try and blast it (with the blaster Luke steals), you can crush it in the gate, or you can find alternative ways. However, for major scenes (i.e. the battle against Palpetine and Vader) you will not be able to accomplish it any different than it happens in the movie. For example, you cannot kill Vader, you can cut his hand off. You can't even touch Palpetine, and don't have any hope of being able to saber him.

Are voice actors really neccessary, or can some char be tooken directly from the movie,?(Lando) do you plan to remake him Lando in ROTJ form?

3.) Voice actors aren't really necessary, but some scenes have things like music/etc that make it really hard to filter out the proper frequencies. As far as Lando goes, we're planning on editing his model to have different surfaces, so that we don't have an extra model cluttering up disk space.

Is their a way to change the style of a saber combatant, for ex the reborn mainly flip around with their saber, is their anyway you guys can or will edit that for Vadar, so he uses only certain powers at certain times?

4.) This was the question I was waiting to answer ^_^. This is up my alley, because I will be handling most of the animation code, while Zeus is handling the scripting aspects. As far as Vader goes, he will retain his one-handed technique...and will not use lightning. You can alter specific AI files attributed to the NPCs so that they do not act outside what you want them to act like. However, since his class would still be Desann's, he would probably whoop your butt. ^_^

WIll you include more objects that can be manipulated by the force?Pull, pushed into people

5.) This is the plan so far. Right now (in the movie) we haven't found anything where Luke specifically pulled or pushed something in the movie and used it against someone else. However, seeing as how we want to make maps as interactive as possible...there might be ways of accomplishing objectives outside of how they were seen in the movies. We're just not telling how. ^_^

DO you guys plan to make the damage factor more like the cannon movies, assuming because stormtrooper armor seems to be a slight downgrade from Mandalorian armor, you probably know more than I, but will you have that as well, so it will be realistic combat but the stormtroopers wont just be mincemeat for you?

6.) First of all, there's no such thing as Mandalorian armor in ROTJ. That's EU, and definitely not canon to us. Lightsabers will do as they always have done - disintegrate or dismember. There will be times, however, that using your lightsaber probably isn't a good idea. Since you don't even get it back until the Sarlaac Pit, you'll definitely find other ways to get rid of your foes (yes, you can grip enemies into the Sarlaac Pit, and it is much more satisfying than sabering them ^_^).

If you have any more questions regarding features, don't hesitate to ask.

Lionen
08-27-2002, 02:54 PM
yes, you can grip enemies into the Sarlaac Pit, and it is much more satisfying than sabering them ^_^.

I never saw Luke use grip very much in the movie, but of course we should be able to turn him to the dark side if we want too :D

But still.... the emperor wants to turn him to the dark side at the end, and if Luke is already gripping and frying his enemies with lighning, there wont be much of a ending...

-Chrono_MOT-
08-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Well, Luke has the ability to grip. That's the kind of things I am talking about. He won't be shooting lightning, his force is limited to that which you see in the movie. It's not really nice to take a force power away in the name of continuity, so that's what I mean when I say the game will have its freedoms.

Yea, you can let Han, Leia, Chewie, and Lando die...but it'd be game over.

Sure, you can try and escape the Sarlaac Pit without the droids, but that'll be game over.

You CAN grip and get away with it. Right now, Luke is in a transitional period where he is a light side Jedi...but he doesn't know which powers are light and dark. He's not even powerful enough to do anything more than grip, push, jump, and pull. Those are the only force powers you will see in the game. As for weapons, you won't see any rocket launchers (without cheating) and you will most likely use your saber and blaster more than anything. Remember, Luke isn't trying to attract the Emperor's attention to his friends, he's trying to save them.

Additionally, as I said before, there will be multiple ways to solve puzzles other than what you see in the movie. Major plot points happen either way.

Gram_Reaper
08-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Awesome, this mod is looking sweet. I cannot wait till it gets going. Nice job guys, id rather see this as a TC then lets say ANH.

lassev
08-28-2002, 05:46 AM
I must disagree on Luke not using the Grip. When I last time watched the movie, it surely seemed to me that Luke indeed used his father's methods to the guards of Jabba's palace when he in the beginning entered it. Look at the face of the other ugly guard (pardon me for not remembering their gruesome race) when he staggered against the wall, almost holding his throat like so many of Vader's victims.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Actually, we have seriously considered doing all 3 of the OT episodes. We're gonna hammer out ROTJ first, though.

Naphtali
08-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Luke did use the grip, actually within that time he went to obiwans hut, were obiwan likely kept a record of the jediknight council,info,powers,antiques, remember the jedi have access to both dark, and light powers.

Chrono, on star wars official site, cannon their is mandalorian armor worn by the fetts.
http://starwars.com/databank/character/jangofett/index.html
Aside from that though, some jedi were having difficulty penertrating the super Battle Droid armor, they had to exert a lot of strength especially for a piercing attack.
My question was that since weve never seen a lightsaber used on stormtroopers will you just change the dismember properties, and damage that can be done to them with the saber?

With these new animations scripts are you hoping to give Vadar his style, and overpower technique as seen in the movies?
So with this do you plan to expand in the future, to make saber combat more grounded ,as oppose to flipping all over the place?

Are you going to replace every weapon with cannon weapons to be more realisticcombat, and also will you create more taunts for the char?

Indy4
08-28-2002, 09:10 PM
any screenshots?

Quotation
08-29-2002, 02:42 AM
I don't go to band camp..... :(

Quotation
08-29-2002, 03:40 AM
Oh, btw., we're 'advertised' at www.jediknightiifiles.net
...:D

MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Luke did use the grip, actually within that time he went to obiwans hut, were obiwan likely kept a record of the jediknight council,info,powers,antiques, remember the jedi have access to both dark, and light powers.

Chrono, on star wars official site, cannon their is mandalorian armor worn by the fetts.
http://starwars.com/databank/character/jangofett/index.html
Aside from that though, some jedi were having difficulty penertrating the super Battle Droid armor, they had to exert a lot of strength especially for a piercing attack.
My question was that since weve never seen a lightsaber used on stormtroopers will you just change the dismember properties, and damage that can be done to them with the saber?

With these new animations scripts are you hoping to give Vadar his style, and overpower technique as seen in the movies?
So with this do you plan to expand in the future, to make saber combat more grounded ,as oppose to flipping all over the place?

Are you going to replace every weapon with cannon weapons to be more realisticcombat, and also will you create more taunts for the char?

Yes, Luke does use grip. Watch ROTJ again if you think he doesn't, because he does at least once in the Jabba palace scene (you may not see him actually grip, but you see the end result). He also uses mind trick, and pull. We can probably assume he knows force push because of how he did the whole rock-lifting scene in ROTJ...

The other player characters (Leia, Han, Chewie, etc) will obviously not have access to the Force powers, because of obvious reasons.

Creating more taunts in SP is not possible as far as I know, but I know how to do it in MP... (made a playsound function that plays any sound, actually, not just taunts). We will be creating a lot of weapon models to mimic the canonical weapons in certain scenes. It might be tough because some characters have things that would have to fit under the "lightsaber" category because of the way they are swung instead of shot, so that may be a challenge, but I think that with enough creativity, that can be done right.

As far as the armor debate, I really doubt we'll be able to change anything there. Remember that this is a SP mod, and we don't have access to changing some things that we would if we had the SDK... Plus, I think the "mandalorian armor" is overrated anyways. I've personally never seen Jango or Boba take any hits to the armor to show it's any better than plate mail :).

As far as making Vader jump less, that's kinda tough, because the scripted enemies use the game AI engine, which somehow tells them to jump in certain situations (we cannot change this in SP). We can change basic behavioral characteristics, but we cannot control his exact movement.

Indy4
08-29-2002, 10:28 PM
is there a website,screenshots?

-Chrono_MOT-
08-29-2002, 11:19 PM
no, nothing as of yet we care to show.

Our 'leader' seems to have vanished and off to do his own thing...

Once I get my game server up and running, I will be doing a website for it...and we'll hopefully get some screens up as soon as we can.

Twisted Vertex
08-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Fearless leader where art thou.........hmmm...I am think of re-doing jabba in xsi, for there is a vert that is hiding and can not be found. There is no way to get a clean import, so it look bad. I want to be able to weight him properly, so i am going to do it in xsi, where I have the nice paint brush.

Naphtali
09-02-2002, 05:09 AM

Yes, Luke does use grip. Watch ROTJ again if you think he doesn't, because he does at least once in the Jabba palace scene (you may not see him actually grip, but you see the end result). He also uses mind trick, and pull. We can probably assume he knows force push because of how he did the whole rock-lifting scene in ROTJ...

The other player characters (Leia, Han, Chewie, etc) will obviously not have access to the Force powers, because of obvious reasons.

Creating more taunts in SP is not possible as far as I know, but I know how to do it in MP... (made a playsound function that plays any sound, actually, not just taunts). We will be creating a lot of weapon models to mimic the canonical weapons in certain scenes. It might be tough because some characters have things that would have to fit under the "lightsaber" category because of the way they are swung instead of shot, so that may be a challenge, but I think that with enough creativity, that can be done right.

As far as the armor debate, I really doubt we'll be able to change anything there. Remember that this is a SP mod, and we don't have access to changing some things that we would if we had the SDK... Plus, I think the "mandalorian armor" is overrated anyways. I've personally never seen Jango or Boba take any hits to the armor to show it's any better than plate mail :).

As far as making Vader jump less, that's kinda tough, because the scripted enemies use the game AI engine, which somehow tells them to jump in certain situations (we cannot change this in SP). We can change basic behavioral characteristics, but we cannot control his exact movement.

I think i was missunderstood, I know luke used those powers.

However will you guys make modifications to the existing model, making Vadar's cape animate?

Will you change edit the force charge pool as well?
Will including the X-wing physics mean that you will have to be lando and pilot into the deathstar?

MUHAHAHAHAHA
09-02-2002, 12:17 PM

I think i was missunderstood, I know luke used those powers.

However will you guys make modifications to the existing model, making Vadar's cape animate?

Will you change edit the force charge pool as well?
Will including the X-wing physics mean that you will have to be lando and pilot into the deathstar?

No you weren't misunderstood, that was basically agreeing with you for the people who said that Luke didn't use the powers... Sorry for the confusion :).

As far as animating Vader's cape, I would probably say no. I don't think it's necessary, and I think Cheshire and SithlordII did a fine job w/ it. I don't know nearly enough about the animations to make the cape flop around in the wind. On a scale of 1-10 of priority, that would probably be a -5 for me.

Changing the force charge pool in SP is something that I am not familiar with. I know you can change the amount of time it takes in MP, but I'm not sure about SP. As far as the flying/speederbike scenes, stay tuned, we're working on it ;).

Pad
09-02-2002, 03:03 PM
hey,
think its nice to make a rotj mod. hows it going? r there any screens posted yet? is there a site?

fat_101
09-05-2002, 07:08 AM
This sounds too good to be true. I was woundering how far u got (in comparison to the film).
sorry for asking but I only just seen it today and it sounds very
very good :D

FATTEH

-Chrono_MOT-
09-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Sorry all, I was away in Puerto Rico visiting my very sick grandmother and some family I haven't seen in almost 12 years. As soon as I get back on my feet we should have an update for you by the end of this week. Thanks for still showing interest in the mod guys!

Naphtali
09-11-2002, 06:00 PM
So remember i have all the star wars albums, and so when you dont find some music in JO you give me a call, because im sure JO doesn't have everything