PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Making Hilts With Gmax

DG_Batllehawk
08-03-2002, 06:57 AM
I cant make anything on GMAX im a newb at this and i need a good trainer or someone good to tell me how. I cant transfer files that i Downloaded of the net to gmax for editing purposes. So PLZZZZZZ someone help me im desperate. How do i change a file's type????
Any help would be good.....

KBell
08-03-2002, 12:29 PM
well i can see no one is gonna help you, so, i might as well. Just ask one question at a time:p

So whats your first question?

DG_Batllehawk
08-03-2002, 02:44 PM
sry ot took so long to reply........ 1) I need to know how to get files that i d/l off the internet to go onto gmax so i can edit them and put different things on them:(

KBell
08-03-2002, 03:01 PM
do you mean Take someone elses saber (or model) and edit it to your Liking?

DG_Batllehawk
08-03-2002, 03:05 PM
i mean to take someone else model of lightsaber and use it as a stilt or for reference so i know pixel size and how to make things look correctly i dont mean to completly mess somebody elses creation up. anyways i have no clue how to do anything. that means skinning getting it on the game, apsolutly nothing. i have read tutorials but they help me not a bit in the things i need to know. So hopefully u can help me.Because half the things people give tutorials is the gay ass game Q3 wich has nothing to do with these forums anyways

KBell
08-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Well, you can Import the saber like this

Click file- import- go to the JK2 directory- gamedata-base-Models-weapons2-saber and import the saber_w

Use this for size reference.

Your gonna have to tell me WHAT you want done so i can help you.

Im leaving now but ill be back Monday

KBell
08-05-2002, 10:17 AM
allright, im back, now if you have a SPECIFIC question, ask it here. Please dont say "well i need help with everything"