PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 trouble

sobeone82
08-06-2002, 01:57 AM
I don't know if this even works on Windows 2000. I am not sure if the problem is even related to that. Here it is:
Every time I try to play the game and click the Play Grim Fandango button, a diologue box comes up telling me that I need to install Direct X. When I click install it only gives me the option to reinstall, which I do. However after I do, the same window keeps coming up and there is no way to get around it. I have installed the newest version of Direct X, and still it does it. I thought I found a workaround by opening the game from the program in the Grim folder, but after a few minutes the game crashes. WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!!! Anyone else know of what this could be. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sobeone Out.

GendoTheGreat
08-06-2002, 04:24 AM
First of all, welcome to the forums.

Windows 2000 has problems across the board. Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. What kind of video card do you have? Win2k has issues with a lot of hardware and the drivers for them. Maybe downloading the latest Win2k for your hardware would help.

MeddlingMonk
08-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Do you have the Win2k game compatibility update (http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/appcompat/default.asp) installed?