PDA

View Full Version : Confederacy / Federation merger for SW:GB 2?

Darth Windu
08-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Personally i think it should happen, as it is the Trade Federation are part of the confederacy military. I would also like to see a more 'technological' and modern look to the confederacy, one that isnt based on Geonosis. Also, i think the units for this confeds then should be-

Worker - Geonosian
Trooper / Trooper Recuit - Battle Droid
Hvy Trooper / Repeater Trooper - Super Battle Droid
Mounted Trooper - Battle Droid
Anti-Air Trooper - Battle Droid
Grenade Trooper - Super Battle Droid
Scout - STAP
Strike Mech - Small Confederacy Spider Droid
Mech Destroyer - Large Spider Droid
Assault Mech - MTT
Artillery - New Confederacy Design
Pummel - New Confederacy Design
Anti-Air Mobile - Hail Droid
Fighter - Droid Fighter / Geonosian Fighter
Bomber - Droid Bomber / Geonosian Bomber
Air Transport - Trade Federation Lander (from ep1)
Air Cruiser - Trade Federation Battleship
All ships - non-Geonosian
Unique Units - Geonosian Warrior, Destroyer Droid

Sithmaster_821
08-06-2002, 09:37 PM
You are aware that the Trade Federation had an army separate of the corporate alliance. They were just allies. The coporate alliance got its spider droids from the Commerce Guild, its troops from the Techno union, and the Hailfire from the banking guild. no units from the trade feds. Separate entities. period.

simwiz2
08-06-2002, 09:41 PM
You know, Windu, from all the various MERGERS you have suggested, one gets the impression that you desire a simpler game, possibly for your simple mind to better understand. However, most people like games with more than 1 civ and 3 unit types. :rolleyes:

Darth Windu
08-07-2002, 05:01 AM
sithmaster - the confederacy has many members including things like the commerce guild, techno union and trade federation, so why shouldnt they be merged? I also remember dooku saying that with the combined battle droid army of the trade federation and techno union, they would be unstoppable. Finally, do you remember seeing confederacy destroyer droids in ep2? I certainly do.

DarthMaulUK
08-07-2002, 05:25 AM
From my understanding, I think the Trade Federation becomes the Rebel Alliance in Episode 3 with other systems joining to take on the Republic.

Since Palpatine has his massive army, he can more or less do what he wants without the approval of the Senate.

DMUK

Sithmaster_821
08-07-2002, 10:34 PM
I'll try to explain this to you in SWGB terms because you didnt understand it the first time. There are two players, a Confed one and a Trade fed one. They are allies. The Confed player, who has troopers, strike mechs, mech destroyers, aams, assualt mechs, and a small air force wants his trade fed, who has built a massive trooper army intermitten with hdds, to help him assault a republic base. The trade feds say they want the confeds to get rid of a naboo interlooper (the lovely Padime) who has been harrassing his workers. The confeds send some bounties her way but they lose her. Meanwhile, scouts pick upactivity in the rep base and the Confed guy gets the Trade fed guy to help protect his flank. Just as the trade feds are moving in to help, the rep guy attacks a confed forward base and the two allies try to hold him off but end up retreating to their own bases. Make sense? No merger, just a bunch of friends hanging out.

Darth Windu
08-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Well then why isnt there a seperate civ for the commerce guild, techno union etc? The way i see it, you can compare the Confederacy to NATO. An alliance made up of a number of sovereign nations who in a time of war, act as one entity with all of the individual military's merger into one.

Darth Windu
08-08-2002, 08:02 AM
Just had a new idea, instead of merging the two incorperate federation units into the Confederacy as i said in the unit listing, including the destroyer droid as a unique unit. Also, keep the federation civ as it is (for episode 1 campaigns) and add a new unique unit alongside the destroyer droid, such as the grapple droid. This way, we can still play as the TF, plus the Confederacy will have trade federation units, as they did in episode 2.

Sound reasonable?

NOTE: apart from the destroyer droid, the changes would only be art for the confederacy

Sithmaster_821
08-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Are you illiterate? THE TRADE FEDERATION WASN'T PART OF THE CONFEDERACY. period. They were buddies, allies, what ever. The techno guild ect. were part of the confeds. And no, the confeds didt have trade fed units. Thats like saying lets give the beserker to the rebs or the fambaa to the naboo. Seeing that you are so apt at destroying games, id bet your one of those scenerio people that clog the zone and ruin the game. Senate anyone?

Darth Windu
08-09-2002, 07:35 AM
Here is a quote from the official Star Wars databank about Nute Gunray-

"(Nute) Gunray was willing to pledge the forces of the Trade Federation to the Confederacy of Independent System on one condition: the death of Padmé Amidala. The young Naboo politician became the target of several assassination attempts, but she escaped time and again. Nonetheless, Gunray committed the Trade Federation to the Separatist cause, and in the first battle of the Clone Wars, the Trade Federation droid army fought against the clone army of the Republic."

This proves that the Trade Federation ARE part of the Confederacy, and that their forces DID fight the Republic on Geonosis. That is why Trade Federation art and one unique unit should be incorporated into the Confederacy.

DarthMaulUK
08-09-2002, 08:09 AM
The Confederacy have a team bonus with the Trade Federation in Clone Campaigns.

If LA put Trade Federation droids into the game it would make for confusion. Clone Campaigns doesn't have to follow exactly how the film was.

If it did that, the Republic Artillery should be able to fire at air units, only the Republic, Empire & Rebels should have Jedi.. and the Empire would be limited to just 1 Sith Lord and a Master.

DMUK

Darth Windu
08-09-2002, 10:12 AM
Actually the Republic should be the only side to have Jedi. With artillery, even in the modern world ground-combat equipment can fire at aircraft, the T-80 Main Battle Tank has the ability to shoot down helicopters, so the artillery doesnt have to fire at air. As i said, the Federation is part of the Confederacy and there should at least be a token representation of them in the Confederacy.

Sithmaster_821
08-09-2002, 03:59 PM
"(Nute) Gunray was willing to pledge the forces of the Trade Federation to the Confederacy of Independent System on one condition: the death of Padmé Amidala. The young Naboo politician became the target of several assassination attempts, but she escaped time and again. Nonetheless, Gunray committed the Trade Federation to the Separatist cause, and in the first battle of the Clone Wars, the Trade Federation droid army fought against the clone army of the Republic."
It NEVER says that the Trade Feds became part of the confeds, just that they committed their army to attack the Republic to gain their own benefits and to help a friend (the republic, and later the empire, was not very nice to the Trade Feds). Since you are obviously unable to read things in paragraphs, i will number it for you.
1. Dooku & Co. join and secretly plan to take down Republic. Gunray and his amigos are in on the plot but are to scared to attack the republic again.
2. Dooku pleads, and Gunray gives in, but says that Dooku must first exact revenge on Amidala. That fits into Palpatine's scheme of things so dooku agrees.
3. Dooku cant kill Amidala, but Gunray decides, during a secret meeting on Geonosis, that he is willing to send his army to war alongside Dooku.
4. The rest you understand (hopefully).

So, no merger, no unit sharing, and no deal.

simwiz2
08-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Actually the Republic should be the only side to have Jedi.

When you take someone else's intentional example of bad ideas and then say they are good ideas, now that shows you have the intelligence of a rock. Windu, I am completely puzzled at how you lack brain capacity, and comprehension of the English language. I try to explain rather basic things to you, you don't understand. Sith tries and you still are baffled yet try to sound smart, but fail. Then DMUK tries to explain something to you and you miss the point entirely.

pbguy1211
08-09-2002, 09:56 PM
It's odd to read DMUK's theory about the TF becoming the Rebels since the other day I was playing someone who thought that in Ep. 3 that the CIS would become the Rebels. However, if you read the manual it states that the Rebels were a small group that grew over time and weren't ever really big until later on. Not to mention that the TF and CIS air should then in theory be better.

Darth Windu
08-10-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

Nonetheless, Gunray committed the Trade Federation to the Separatist cause...

As it says sithmaster, the Trade Federation joined the Confederacy. I can't see why you are even trying to agrue the opposite. Go look at the Star Wars Databank, it will show that I am right.

As for the allies thing. The USA has its own military, one of the most powerful in the modern world. However it is also part of the NATO alliance, and in the case of war in Europe, the US military would fight as part of a larger army alongside Dutch, French, British, Canadian, Flemmish, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish etc forces. This is the same case for the Trade Federation.

What i am proposing is not to demolisgh the Federation civ, just add some trade federation presence into the confederacy to show that they are part of it.

simwiz - i had already proposed that the jedi should be a republic UU before you made your comment about them here.

Legacy_Of_Sith
08-12-2002, 01:55 AM
I think the only change to make for the confederacy is to make their basic troopers Trade Fed battle droids, and to make the super battle droids a unique unit. However, The Trade Fed and the Confederacy should be seperate civs still.

AnakinSWG
08-12-2002, 09:15 PM
you are as stubborn as jedi without guidance. The federation is not part of the confederacy, they weren't allies untill the republic attack (I believe this is stated in Clone Campiagns's database). The federation didn't hav a choice once their "secret army" was discovered. And abou the jedi being only for the republic, i agree, but to an extent. The jedi should be extremely rare in the game but able to desotroy a small army (masters) and padawans are built as "pairs" with their jedi master that leave once they are on the level of jedi knight but changeable in the scenario. But that is just me :)

Legacy_Of_Sith
08-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Taken from the star wars databank: "Count Dooku courted the massive engines of commerce in the galaxy -- institutions such as the Corporate Alliance, THE TRADE FEDERATION, the Techno Union, InterGalactic Banking Clan and Commerce Guild -- with promises of reform and unyielding devotion to capitalism. In exchange, these bodies would commit their immense armies to the Separatist cause. With their droid armies scattered throughout the galaxy, the Separatists would overwhelm the Republic."
So you see the Trade Fed did join the confederacy before the attack on geonosis. The Star Wars databank is as canon as you can get.
And I am not stubborn for stating an opinion. I really don't care whether they make the changes in a sequel or not.
Also, don't excessively flame people for having different ideas. Not every one is narrow minded.

Tyrion
08-13-2002, 03:08 AM
Windu- Fine.Then,they would also have to merge the gungans and the nabbos,and the rebels and the wookies together because they fought with each other against thier greater evils.

So instead of 7 races,there are only 5 to choose,with the empire and the rebublic getting the short stick.

Kryllith
08-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Ah, but the Republic turns into the Empire under the rule of Palpatine. So we might as well go ahead and merge them too...

Kryllith

WolfmanNCSU
08-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Hmm, 4 extermely powerful civs, unquie, with super units, sounds familuar. Maybe we should call it StarWARCRAFT 3 :D LOL

Tyrion
08-13-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by WolfmanNCSU
Hmm, 4 extermely powerful civs, unquie, with super units, sounds familuar. Maybe we should call it StarWARCRAFT 3 :D LOL

The blizzard suers are coming.If you are in norther U.S.A.,go to Canada.If you are in Southern U.S.A.,go to Mexico A.S.A.P.

:D

WolfmanNCSU
08-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Damn it, NC is right in the middle of the US on the east coast. I am screwed. Maybe I can play it off............... oh well. I guess I will just go and play some WC3 and a little SWGB.

AnakinSWG
08-13-2002, 08:37 PM
I didn't mean it to sound like flaming, sorry.

Darth Windu
08-14-2002, 04:54 AM
As i said, im not asking for the Confederacy/Federation to be merger, simple for a representation of the Federation in the Confederacy. I'm sure it wouldnt be that difficult.

Tyrion
08-14-2002, 05:35 AM
As i said, im not asking for the Confederacy/Federation to be merger, simple for a representation of the Federation in the Confederacy. I'm sure it wouldnt be that difficult.

???

Didnt you say that you wanted a Confederacy/Federation merger in your title? :confused:

Darth Windu
08-15-2002, 07:39 AM
yes i did, but then i changed my mind. The federation should still be a seperate civ, but the confederacy should show that the TF is part of it.

DK_Viceroy
08-20-2002, 03:22 PM
after the battle of naboo the Mtt's first and last real battle ALL MTT's were impounded and the plans taken away so if the TF was merged with the confederacy MTT's wouldn't be assault mechs because they didn't have the designs or any of them left so it wouldn't be cannon and also it would be cool to see TF battle droids in the conbfed army but it wouldn't fit have you seen in the movie that the super battle droids look more like the beta versions Trooper recruits not the trooper and also the trade federation was in the process of forming an alliance but in the film h said he wasn't signing anything till he had senator padme's head on his desk it was only because they were discovered in the process of amking an alliance that they had to help them { the confed that is

W0RF
08-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Windu -

If you operate under the premise that the TF and the Confederacy are inexorably linked (which by the way, combining forces to a common end does not make you a part of the same civilization), then you might as well merge Rebs and Wooks, Republic and Empire, and Naboo and Gungans, since they joined forces at some point in the saga.

If you think they should cross-over, you will kill what little distinction the civs have now. Most of this game already has identical generic units spread across these 8 civs, if you start putting droidekas in the Confederacy, Berserkers in the Rebs, ATATs in the Republic and Crusaders in the Naboo, you might as well just merge em anyway coz you took away the one thing amongst them all that made them any different. Who's gonna play TF if they can have droidekas AND animals AND Geonosians in the Confederacy?

simwiz2
08-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Windu - just because civs are allies for a certain period of time does not make them one civ. Is the US part of Britian, France, and South Korea? Worf is right, we need to keep the civs unique.

Darth Windu
08-21-2002, 07:09 AM
simwiz - your comparison is flawed, you are talking about nation-states, i am talking about alliances. The confederacy is an alliance, just like NATO. If you asked the question 'is the US part of NATO?' the answer would be yes. If you asked 'is the US seperate to NATO?' again, yes. But as i said before, in any NATO action you will find US forces co-operating with the military's of canada and the other european allies.

worf - the TF is part of the confederacy now, as you would have seen in my quotes from the databank. As i said before, im not asking for a merger, i am asking for the confederacy to show all of the member's as a civ (ie showing parts of the commerce guild, corporate alliance, trade federation etc).

Viceroy - where did you get that from?

STTCT
08-21-2002, 07:23 AM
the nice thing about a video game is that its a "game"

why are we merging all these civs...it sounds ridiculous. Each civ is its own civ...and its a game so u can be allies with whomever you want! If your talking about the campaigns. I'm sure if they ever do "GB 2" which I doubt...they will cordinate it with the movie. But the movie doesn't come out for another 3 years...hum. So will they have to wait till then?

DK_Viceroy
08-21-2002, 09:14 AM
i subscribe to the official star wars encyclopedia i have read the databank in the game the databnk says that they were reluctantlypushed in with the confed and in the film nute gunray says that and also did you know theat some MTT's were co-opted by the gungan authorities for transports

Crazyus Dogus
08-21-2002, 10:55 AM
LOL this thread is so funny. :roflmao:

Here is why they should not be merged: TPM will not work. Then it will appear that the Confeds invaded Naboo, wand the alliance hasn't even formed yet.

Now as for creating Techno Union, etc, as separate civs, that will simply not work as only a few of thier units have been featured. Also the Trade Fed have had thier own unique campaigns, however, give me 1 source were the Techno Union have invaded a planet, and the casual gamer would know about it.

Then why, u ask, the Wookiee civ is there, and not part of the Alliance. Well firstly the whole Alaris Prime thing will break down, and secondly alot of casual gamers think Wookiees are cool, and would be more femiliar with them, Chewbacca bieng a main character.
However, the casual gamer would forget such small references to the Union with only military equipment and an alien representative to be them in the film, which only appear in 1 or 2 scenes.

Darth Windu
08-23-2002, 08:16 AM
WHY DONT PEOPLE LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I no longer want the TF and confed's merged, i have already said that. What i want is for the confederacy to show some trade federation influence. Remember the confederacy mission on tatooine, they were using Trade Federation Destroyer Droids...

KoL ShadowJedi
08-23-2002, 10:55 AM
ok darth listen up... if you had several unique units in 1 civ then they would be almost instopable as worf said who would want to play as any other civ if you could have animals DD's AND geonosian warriors under your control.

THEN we come to the point bout TF and the confeds

THE TRADE FEDERATION DID [U]NOT[U] JOIN THE CONFEDS THEY WERE DISCUSSING IT!

The reason you saw both DD's and all the other stuff emerged was because the TF were making an army (most probably to go after naboo again) but when the republic attacked they defended themselves like anyone would.

Im not sure if they allied after the first few battles tho...

Hmmmmm im not sure if i got a point, i most probably got half of my info wrong hmmmm time to think.

laterz

W0RF
08-23-2002, 11:47 AM
It does not seem at all to me like the Trade Federation joined the Confederacy. The Confederacy was a conglomeration of dissident systems that Dooku banded together to form a resistance against the Republic. The treaties that the Confederacy signed with the Techno-Union, the Commerce Guild, the Banking Clan and the Trade Federation (the only one of those that had a significant military presence in the PT) was to pool their resources in order to present a significant resistance. It is my belief that the Trade Federation intended to retain their autonomy at this stage in the proceedings. Thus I don't consider them to be a part of the Confederacy to the point where their units should be crossed over.

simwiz2
08-23-2002, 02:16 PM
You know Windu, I think it's good that you can immediately tell the civs apart by their units. If you are getting attacked by stormtroopers they are unmistakably Empire. If you are being attacked by X wings then they must be Rebel. And if you are getting attacked by destroyer droids they must be Trade Federation. It is much better the way it is. Remember gameplay>realism.

Darth Windu
08-24-2002, 01:54 AM
simwiz - as i said, i think there should be a TF presence in the confederacy. Perhas there could be modifications to the MTT etc to diferentiate them from the TF, more guns perhaps. Also, the confeds might only get the basic destroyer droid.

lukeiamyourdad
08-24-2002, 04:03 PM
For everybodies sakes Windu! Think a little bit!
The confederacy already has enough anti-trooper units; the Acklay, the geonosian warrior and their strike mechs.
Don't you think 3 is enough?

Legacy_Of_Sith
08-24-2002, 07:04 PM
Put it like this, my only gripe with the Confederacy as it stands right now is that it's Super Battle Droids are as strong as all the other troops. I just wish it was a UU and that they had a different kind of basic trooper.

lukeiamyourdad
08-26-2002, 11:26 AM
to Legacy_Of_Sith

I agree with you. At first I though it was gonna be a UU, some sort of Dark Trooper. Besides, they have an upgrade that makes their troopers stronger but I want it to be added right away without the need of researching it and maybe raise it's cost and built time to balance it out.

Legacy_Of_Sith
08-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
I agree with you. At first I though it was gonna be a UU, some sort of Dark Trooper. Besides, they have an upgrade that makes their troopers stronger but I want it to be added right away without the need of researching it and maybe raise it's cost and built time to balance it out.

That's the only reason I want Battle Droids as the basic troops. Nothing to do with a confederate/trade fed merger or anything.

Sithmaster_821
08-27-2002, 12:17 AM
NATO and the ConFeds are different. If you want to refer to something please try to know what you are talking about. NATO is an agreement that, if you are attacked, we'll all come help you, just like the confeds and the trade feds. They dont combine armies or act as a single unified force like the Confeds. THINK PLEASE!

The was no presence of the trade feds IN the confeds army. They fought side by side moron.

L_O_S thats why they have droid upgrade.

Simwiz, i love your avatar.

Also, side note:GAMEPLAY>REALISM

DK_Viceroy
08-27-2002, 04:28 AM
i told you the MTT's were confiscated they cannot be built after ep 1 because they were confiscated they cannot build more they cannot be in at all the TF had to join the confed because they were discoveredd on Geonosis they were in the process of joining anyway viceroy nute gunray wanted padme's head on his desk for him to join that was the final condition and darth IF there was a mereger in swgb 2 THERE WOULD BE NO MTT's read my earlier post

W0RF
08-27-2002, 09:52 AM
Signing a treaty and pledging your support to someone is not joining their civilization! The U.S. has a mutual defense pact with Taiwan, we are not part of Taiwan, nor they of us! We are not a part of Britain, or a part of Germany, or a part of Japan!

NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. A conglomeration of treatises is NOT a civilization! NATO is not a sovereign nation, an autonomous government or a centralized power base of any kind! It's just an agreement between all of us to share our oil and not nuke each other!

The Trade Federation has a seat in the Senate! Should there also be a Trade Federation presence in the Republic? And since the Republic becomes the Empire, should they not also have TF troops in the Empire civ?

Your idea has two major flaws. First of all, it has no visible benefit of any sort other than supposed added realism, since all you're doing is shifting around some of the art for the generic units. And remember the first law of game design:

GAMEPLAY>REALISM

Second of all, it's a misnomer to even call it realism because it's based on an incorrect premise fueled by a rather anemic sense of geopolitics.

lukeiamyourdad
08-27-2002, 10:45 AM
Why should we merge anything for realism only?

I mean, even if i am a star wars fan, we're talking about a science fiction serie here, so i guess we don't have much place for realism as it is really. But anyway! DON'T MERGE ANYTHING! It's good how it is and that should be all!

Sithmaster_821
08-27-2002, 07:19 PM
WORF, you kinda repeated what i said:D.
Oh well, if its said twice theres a greater chance windu will read it.

Darth Windu
08-29-2002, 07:43 AM
worf - i know what NATO stands for, i study the military. NATO was created as an alliance between the nations of (including recently signed members) the USA, Canada, Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary to fight together in the event of a Soviet invasion (omit the last three members for this). In that event, NATO HQ in brussels would've taken over operational control of NATO forces, no matter what nation they're from, with the NATO forces from many nations acting as one, just like the confederacy.

I would also like to point out that in response to the 'gameplay>realism' this wouldn't affect realism at all, yet it would increase realism.

viceroy - that is not canon, and i really do not know where you are getting it from but you're wrong.

lukeiamyourdad
08-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Man would you just stop a little bit?
Like I said, it's good how it is! If you so want the trade fed and the confed to be together allie yourself with one.
If you're not happy, then tell that to LucasArts and stop annoying everyone with it!

W0RF
08-29-2002, 02:08 PM
NATO is not a civilization unto itself. Your example still sucks.

Stop being :bored:

Sithmaster_821
08-29-2002, 06:46 PM
Windu, NATO revovles around the pre-emptive strike policy, in which its members wouldnt go to war unless the soviets attacked first, then all actions would be directed by NATO until the attack subsides. The armies stay as separate entities directed under one command. No intergration. Howvever, the Confeds arent bound by the preemptive strike. They are a permanent body of factions capable of pulling off an offensive as wel as a defensive. And their armies are intergrated into one big army. The trade feds and the confeds have a preemptive strike policy in which, if one is attacked, the other would come and help. Dooku was trying to woo the trade feds into a permentant allaince when the republic attacked
this wouldn't affect realism at all, yet it would increase realism.
Umm... this makes sense how?

simwiz2
08-29-2002, 11:09 PM
this wouldn't affect realism at all, yet it would increase realism.

LoL, nice one Windu! I am going to assume you meant it wouldn't affect gameplay at all, but would increase realism. You are wrong on both points. It has already been posted by others why it would not increase realism, and I am not going to waste the time to repeat it. Also, it would negatively impact the game by decreasing the diversity of the civs. You don't seem to understand that the game is more fun with different civs.

Admiral
09-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Keep the civs different, it makes it entertaining. However if you were to combine them Then lets see what we woould end up with.

Naboo and Gungan allied so join them and you get 1 civ.

TF and Confed allied combine thme and you get 1 civ.

Wookies and Rebels

Empire and Repbulic.

That was said we now are down to 4 civs but we can do better:

The Naboo/Gungan civ is also part of the republic so combine them. Then we have 3 civs. But lets keep going.

Now Palpatine was the leader of the Republic/Empire/Naboo/Gungan civ, however he also lead the Confed/TF civ through Dooku. Which means they were working to the same cause (creating the Empire) even if they didn't know it. So you then combine them under the Idea, that they share the same leader so should be the same civ. Now we are down to:

Republic/Empire/Naboo/Gungan/Confed/TF

And the Rebels/Wookies We aren't done yet.

Wookies were slave labor for the Empire so you then can combine them. Wait there is more, the Rebel Alliance is made up of people from the Rebulic, Empire, Wookies, ect. So you then can Combine them. So what do we have.

Republic/Empire/Naboo/Gungan/Confed/TF/Rebel/Wookie civ. SWGB is now extermly simple, players no longer need to pic a civ, since there is only 1, and it is a Super Civ but that doesn't really matter since there are no other civs to pick from. Boy that sounds like a fun game doesn't it.
(the above was a joke, don't take it serious. The following is serious)

Windu if you were to add units to different civs then besides the civs losing their uniqueness you would have to go beyond the TF and Confeds.

THe Rebel Alliance was made up of people from the Wookies and Empire, so under your idea to add realism to SWGB then the Rebels would have to have wookie units and Imperial units. Not to mention Calamari, Sullustains ect.

The Naboo doesn't even have a true military, so they should really have mainly gungans, and Gungans should have some Naboo units.

That is stupid and the civs would lose any appearance of being seperate and unique. Also look at the responses I didn't see one supporting your idea.

Darth Windu
09-02-2002, 05:08 AM
NATO - an organisation of nations to fight together against an opponent (Warsaw Pact)

Confederacy - an organisation of civilisations to fight together against an opponent (Republic)

Im not seeing the differences here.

Admiral
09-02-2002, 11:35 AM
NATO-under a joint command, Countries would work together to defeat the Soviets. The Countrie's armies would remain independent of each other. In other words, American would not serve in British units. But remain in there own units. Similar to world War II.

Confederacy-Takes armies of the different civs, and turns them into one large army. Integrating the units. Example Americans would serve in British units (think of WWI, the brits wanted this, we said no).

They do the same thing but are structured differently. As such you can say they are the same.

Sithmaster_821
09-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Windu, its obvious the information you know about NATO was gleaned off an episode of Nick News. That Linda Ellerbee can be a real tricky one.
Im not seeing any differences here I wonder why.

Darth Windu
09-03-2002, 01:52 AM
what exactly is a 'nick news' and who is 'Linda Ellerbe'?

Getting back to the point NATO is an alliance made of independant nations. The Confederacy is an alliance made of independant civilisations. Where is the difference?

If it helps at all, think of the Confederacy as the Confederacy during the US civil war, with Count Dooku as General Lee.

pbguy1211
09-03-2002, 02:05 AM
Nick News... ROFLMAO!!! How's that for an obscure reference of the day...

Sithmaster_821
09-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Things just fly over your second grade head, dont they windu? (either that or you dont live in the states):D

The difference is the nitty gritty. Now the Civil War's confeds are alot closer to the actual thing, although dooku and lee would not be equal. They had a combined army under one leader, however the confeds in the civil war were one big group to start with. Think of the trade feds as an ally to the confeds and your good to go.

pbguy, yeah, i do tend to make obscure references.

W0RF
09-03-2002, 02:36 PM
NATO is NOT the Confederacy. NATO is a organization of treatises. The French allied with the Revolutionary Colonists in the American Revolution, but were not a part of America. The Germans, Italians and Japanese allied in the Second World War but fought in almost mutually exclusive theatres.

What you saw in Ep 2 was an alliance not unlike NATO, but the Confederacy itself is a SEPARATE ENTITY represented by Dooku and the Geonosians, not unlike the Civil War South seeking assistance from other nations.

The Confederacy was an amalgam of dissenting systems, much like the Civil War South. One nation of many states. Or the Scot clans uniting under William Wallace, then the Earl of Bruce, to drive out the English and form a single nation.

The Trade Federation et al were seeking an ALLIANCE with this ALREADY EXISTING Confederacy for their mutual benefit.

Darth Windu
09-04-2002, 04:27 AM
Actually Windu and Lee are very alike.
1. They look almost the same
2. Lee went to west point (the Northern School) just as Dooku trained as a Republic Jedi
3. Lee served as part of the American Army before joinging the Confed's, Dooku served as a Republic Jedi before joining the Confed's

I'm 90% sure that the character of Count Dooku was based on the real-life (not any more) General Lee.

Sithmaster_821
09-04-2002, 03:12 PM
1. Wow! A movie character and a two century old general sorta resemble each other. What an arguement! Actually, dooku reminds me mofre of Col. Sanders, then Gen. Lee:D
2&3 are redundant.
Actually Windu and Lee are very alike.
Yep. They both blindly supported ludacris ideas and both, in the end, lost.

Kryllith
09-04-2002, 04:32 PM
Ok, I'm hoping that's just a typo... Shouldn't it be "Actually Dooku and Lee are very alike" instead of "Actually Windu and Lee very alike"? I'm fairly sure Samuel L. Jackson looks very little like Robert E. Lee (or even Christopher Lee for that matter)...

Kryllith

lukeiamyourdad
09-04-2002, 05:31 PM
People, this isn't about the u.s. civil war or the ressemblance between General Lee and Christopher Lee. And I don't think Dooku has ''lost'' and fight for a certain ideal. He is under Sidious' control.

Sithmaster_821
09-04-2002, 11:12 PM
I was refering to our Windu and history's Lee.

Also, luke, that was my point entirely (thus the KFC reference). This has become incredibly stupid.

Darth Windu
09-05-2002, 07:05 AM
Yes, that was supposed to say 'Lee and Dooku are alike' not windu.

sithmaster - i dont live in the USA, and have no idea what you are talking about with 'nick news'

lukeiamyourdad
09-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Sithmaster-I missed that.Thanks for pointing it out.

Windu-Let's just stop arguing on Dooku and Lee and get to the main idea of this threat.

Sithmaster_821
09-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Nick news was an old tv show on a channel for kids that talked about world events and the news on a level that children would understand.

Back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lukeiamyourdad
09-09-2002, 05:59 PM
First of all it would be confusing if two civs look alike. In AoK for exemple sometimes you could get lost between a teal player and a blue or green player.

MadrixTF
09-13-2002, 06:55 AM
Windu, i see that you are the target of a lot of criticism in this forum!
Unfortumately, i am going to have to agree with SimWiz and SithMaster - I don't like the idea of merging the two Civs (i know you have retracted that already, but that is the topic), i play TF all the time and i don't want Confeds to have my Destroyer Droids or any other of my unique units. Although, i DO agree that the Trade Fed Battleship would be a nice addition - they should have thought of that before releasing CC expansion. The Air Cruisers seem a bit rushed in their design...?

Is there a Trade Fed Battleship in the Scenario Editor? - then i can at least rectify their mistake myself...

Sithmaster_821
09-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Personally, i like how the TF air cruiser looks. The emps and the gungams are a different story though.

lukeiamyourdad
09-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Not only the Empire! The rebel also gets on my nerves(thus the reason I don't use rebel Air cruisers). It's an ugly modification of the cool looking Corellian Corvette.

Sithmaster_821
09-14-2002, 02:02 PM
I like the rebel one, it looks cool in my opinion. Move over Y-wing!

Crazy_dog no.3
09-14-2002, 03:48 PM
The gangun's one looks like gundark skin on a hot air balloon.:D

lukeiamyourdad
09-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Is guess it is a hot air balloon...

The imperial one looks like a Tie Avenger with some kind of strange head, it is plain ugly...

bill r
09-16-2002, 01:59 AM
get a f****ing life windu...hey uk..you are a dork

bill r
09-16-2002, 02:02 AM
ok im stupid..i admit it..wrong1.

Crazy_dog no.3
09-16-2002, 03:43 AM
*waits for DMUK to do his dirty work on bill*

:rolleyes: