PDA

View Full Version : Lord of The Rings Models????

Indy4
08-07-2002, 09:29 PM
Can anybody make models of the characters in Lord of The Rings????????

Frodo,Bilbo,Strider,Gollum,Sauron,Sam, and others Tom Bambadill

Twisted Vertex
08-07-2002, 09:45 PM
FREAKY, I just got done watching the DVD for the second time. I can't wait for the sepcial edition 30 minutes of added footage. Sigh and not too mentiont " THE Two Towers" coming out in Decemeber. which already has some contraversay over the title....LOL, what morons

Though it would be interesting, more or else for the warcraft 3 game, but not so sure about the star wars universe.

Sounds Risky
08-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Sigh, clickie (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65658). I would have expected more from someone with so many posts, but oh well.

cROsIs**
08-07-2002, 09:46 PM
MATT WHERE ARE YOU

CLICKIE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65658)

Indy4
08-08-2002, 05:48 PM
doesnt anybody like lord of the rings???

make sauron and other main charactors

at least one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny_dude0
08-08-2002, 06:41 PM
Since I love Lord of the Rings so much I'll try to make a few characters. They all have funny names and I can't remember them or spell them but I just got Gmax today and I'll finish the tutorials probably by tomorrow.
If no one else takes up on your request I guess I can give it a shot.

Subject452
08-08-2002, 08:09 PM
i just bought the lotr 2 dvd special edition, the one that doesnt contain 30 mins of extra crap, bah those bastards now they are gonna release another special edition? gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr..................

Triiiple Threat
08-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Just a heads up, they are releasing a Special edition lotr dvd if the director's cut and extra features. The big one is the rating change the special edition dvd will be rated R instead of pg-13

Major Clod
08-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Just a heads up, they are releasing a Special edition lotr dvd if the director's cut and extra features. The big one is the rating change the special edition dvd will be rated R instead of pg-13

You idiot, the special edition will not be rated R. Most of the extra scenes include extended council of elrond scenes, more of the travel to Lothlorien, and other scenes that fans of the book will recognise. Rumours of extensive gore are completely fake.

VampireHunterD
08-08-2002, 09:26 PM
You idiot, the special edition will not be rated R. Most of the extra scenes include extended council of elrond scenes, more of the travel to Lothlorien, and other scenes that fans of the book will recognise. Rumours of extensive gore are completely fake.

Major Clod is right. I myself have read both the Silmarillion and all 3 books pertaining to The Lord of the Rings.

Hopefully in this special edition they'll have the real battle scene of where the Elven-King Gil-Galad and the human king Elendil will fight against Sauron in the Battle of the Last Alliance instead of that gay little creep Isildur cutting the ring from Sauron's hand. Those idiots who made the movie completely changed the story right there. There should have been a showdown between the 2 kings and Sauron there. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And another thing, in the Fellowship of the Ring book, Aragorn gets Anduril, the real sword that he used reforged. Aragorn never even got it in the movie. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*-EDIT-*: I've also read The Hobbit as well.

Norin Radd
08-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Have to love the price of the 4 DVD special edition. $59.99. Or maybe you don't have to love it.:D

Sith Inquisitor
08-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Norin Radd
Have to love the price of the 4 DVD special edition. $59.99. Or maybe you don't have to love it.:D

Yeah, it will be a very expensive day for me. The Episode II DVD comes out the same day, I believe. Surprise! Surprise!:)

Twisted Vertex
08-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Hopefully in this special edition they'll have the real battle scene of where the Elven-King Gil-Galad and the human king Elendil will fight against Sauron in the Battle of the Last Alliance instead of that gay little creep Isildur cutting the ring from Sauron's hand. Those idiots who made the movie completely changed the story right there. There should have been a showdown between the 2 kings and Sauron there

WOW, hold the horses, Of corse there is going to be some changes from the transaltion book to movie. I persoanlly think that the movie ROCKS, regardless of the small, or so very samll changes. If you want to giet picky :) we can anaylize the movie of AIM, but none the less the director is doing a fantastic job. I can't wait to see legloas and gimily battle for orc heads.

Oh and the ending to the fellowship was PERFECT, I especialy enjoyed the reactions of those unfamilar with the book. But anyways the Special Edition DVD is a MUST HAVE.

That is all, I could go on :) but i don't wanna risk that on the JK2 forum...might get in trouble.

funny_dude0
08-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Bump has anyone gotten any word on some1 making the models? I said I'd try but I'm still in the tutorials for Gmax :D lol.

Enjoi9187
08-08-2002, 10:08 PM
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINK LEAVING TOM BOMBADIL OUT OF THE MOVIE IS WRONG!!!!

he is very important to the books and one of my favorite parts is the tree almost eating merry and pippen. "Hey, ho, tom bombadillo"

Indy4
08-08-2002, 10:36 PM
if you all like lord of the rings why dont you make models of them??????????

funny_dude0
08-08-2002, 10:42 PM
I plan to but I am open to any help possible. I still am working on the tutorials as I said lol.

Twisted Vertex
08-08-2002, 10:50 PM
hmm, that sounds very much like a possbility........If anybody is interested i could "help" seeing how I am the only modeler on the rotj mod.

If anybody is going to make one..contact me and i'll help out.

Indy4
08-08-2002, 10:54 PM
do ya know which charactors you would like to be modeling???

BradFu
08-08-2002, 10:56 PM
That $59.99 price scared me, so I looked into it. the FIVE disc ultra-super-special collector set will be $59.99, the fifth disk is that National Geographic special and also includes two bookends. The FOUR disc set will only be $25-ish, and will have the full, longer edition of the movie.

BTW - Elendil and Gil-Galad ARE in that battle at the beginning, go check it out again. They charge and get taken down, and Isulder takes Elendil's sword.

Twisted Vertex
08-08-2002, 11:22 PM
hmm, With the scaling mod, it will be iteresting to see a giant size Sauran (please excuse the spelling). gimily would be next in line, or I would do one of the elves. I would model Elrond to how i percived him in the book. The guy who played Elrond, was too freaky, I keep think hello MR. Underhill, ya know instead of Anderson. Then I would have to do the Orcs.

If anybody is interested....I will do a team project, and we could release it as a pack. But I apologize ahead of time, I am quite busy with ROTJ.

TheWhiteRaider
08-08-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Triiiple Threat

The books came out 21 years ago and I read them when I was 7
there is no way it can be R Rated. The movie was just long and they cut out some parts to make them short the first movie was 3 hours long alone. You also have 2 more movies coming (The Two Towers, and Return of the King).

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Hey you could make Sarumon (not Soron). He is played by the same guy that does Count Dooku.

Twisted Vertex
08-09-2002, 12:07 AM
anybody see the petition to re-name the second movie. They wanted to re-name becasue it re-flected to closly with the twin towers.

Let me get the link its SO funny.

http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/petition.html

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Oh please who ever started that was dumb.
The books are copyrighted under the goverment. So they can't make them change it anyways.

trowa500
08-09-2002, 12:19 AM
needs smeagol.... gollum gollum

Smood
08-09-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by VampireHunterD

Hopefully in this special edition they'll have the real battle scene of where the Elven-King Gil-Galad and the human king Elendil will fight against Sauron in the Battle of the Last Alliance instead of that gay little creep Isildur cutting the ring from Sauron's hand. Those idiots who made the movie completely changed the story right there. There should have been a showdown between the 2 kings and Sauron there. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And another thing, in the Fellowship of the Ring book, Aragorn gets Anduril, the real sword that he used reforged. Aragorn never even got it in the movie. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*-EDIT-*: I've also read The Hobbit as well.

SORRY TO BE SO BLUNT! BUT PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAKE ME SO MAD. VAMPIREHUNTERD YOU ARE A STUPID MORON!

Firstly this movie was thought to be impossible to make, due to the infinite complexity and details of the Lord of the Ring trilogy, the fact that they pulled it off, through encapsulation of tolkien's main points, is an accomplishment of its own, good or bad!
The fact the movie is actually incredible, gives Peter Jackson and associates so much needed praise, from (non-retarded), LOTR fans.

Do you honestly expect, a movie to portray full details of the many ideas in the Fellowship of the ring! GOD, the visit to TOM BOMBADIL could be a movie in itself!

NEXT, how can you call the makers of the Lord of the Rings movie (peter jackson and others) idiots? They did the impossible, by summarizing this amazing story, and with amazing effects brought it to the screen! MANY, have stated how they feel that movie is exactly what they imagined it to be in their minds!!!

YOUR THE IDIOT!!! TO CALL PEOPLE HAVE DONE SUCH A GREAT PIECE OF WORK IS PURE STUPIDITY! VAMPIRE, I'am sorry, but your a FU@KING MORON!!!

Sounds Risky
08-09-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Major Clod

Actually, the R rating would only be there for a single shot in the film. There is some sequence where someone gets 3 arrows in him, now that's the PG-13 version. The R version had the person instead getting 5 or more arrows in him, I don't remember now. I'm not sure if this difference is in the extended version but that's the story behind the R version. New Line has also stated that they will stand behind Jackson and the films and won't have him change them to get a PG-13 rating if any of them to do get an R.

Frumpus
08-09-2002, 01:24 AM
A Tolkien-ish Total Conversion mod for JK2 is already in the works:

http://jitd.fragland.net/

(Note, I say "Tolkien-ish" because we're still not sure about invasion of copyright :( The mod will include elements from the Silmarillion - ages BEFORE the events of The Hobbit or it's sequel, LOTR - I guess, similar to Knights of the Old Republic. I saw that Chris Reed released his "Dwarrowdelf" (Moria) map a couple days ago; http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=737
I don't see why anyone should have a problem with a TC that'll be FREE for download ;)

Here's the thread I started a while back about the Journey into the Dark mod. (WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF EXPERIENCED SKINNERS AND MODELLERS!)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70153

BTW, I thought Hugo Weaving was and EXCELLENT choice for Elrond! I think ALL of the elves were done "right" - as represented by Tolkien's Middle Earth. (The guy that pretty much CREATED the FANTASY genre).

Jackson did as good a job (in 3 hours) as could be expected; I even forgave him the use of Arwen instead of (? ) Glorfindel, though I hope the Special edition DVD will include Galadriel's "gift-givings", and it'd be nice to see Bombadil and the Barrowwights (though that's a lost hope :(

**EDIT: I agree with Smood "in substance", but NOT in delivery! Chill out, man! Yeah, the movie WAS AWESOME, but name-calling doesn't get us anywhere.

Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

The books came out 21 years ago and I read them when I was 7
. . .

Hmm. Check out the original copyright dates on any copy of LOTR or the Hobbit; they were releaseed LONG before you and I were born (1937 by Unwin for The Hobbit, I think).

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
The hobbit was writen by Tolken's father.
21 years ago was the first major scale release. Oh and I'm 15.

Twisted Vertex
08-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Yes the special edition will go into more of the gift giving. They talk about that on disk two of the cd thats out now. they even go into gimiles love afflection.......lol...should be interesting.

Frumpus
08-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider
21 years ago was the first major scale release. Oh and I'm 15.

Um.... .. . you're speaking of Christopher Tolkien, right? True, his father WAS the one to "birth Middle Earth", and Christopher has since taken over the "estate" and done LOADS of work editing and so forth. However, when people speak of "Tolkien", they generally refer to J.R.R. Tolkien.

I'm still not sure where you're getting you're information from. It MAY be that the early '80's saw a "NEW" resurgence of Tolkien (JRR) fans, but some of the the books were release decades before. :)

I'm 27, and I remeber my Mom reading the Hobbit to my brothers and I when I was very young; she has a boxed set from WHO knows when (Ballantine, I think), and she's the one that introduced us to JRR Tolkien.

**EDIT:
Originally posted by musashi122
Yes the special edition will go into more of the gift giving. They talk about that on disk two of the cd thats out now. they even go into gimiles love afflection.......lol...should be interesting.

Sweet!!!! :))

Major Clod
08-09-2002, 01:47 AM

The hobbit was written by J. R. R. Tolkien, the same person who wrote LOTR and the Silmarillion. LOTR was first published in three volumes between 1954 and 1955.

I think the Peter Jackson and crew did a wonderful job on the movie. I went into the movie knowing that they would not be able to create an exact copy of the book, but it is still LOTR, and I enjoyed it! No matter what scenes are missing or what dialogue is changed, the film still was LOTR, and felt like it.

I was disappointed though at how Aragorn did not recieve the remade Narsil. I feel that was an important part of the story that could have easily been added. Perhaps he will somehow receive it later on, I don't know... But it is strange how they talk about the sword in rivendell, yet he does not receive it.

I cannot wait for Helms Deep, and the competition between Legolas and Gimli. From what has been shown in the trailers it looks awesome!

Twisted Vertex
08-09-2002, 01:54 AM
Yeah, HELMS DEEP IS GONNA ROCK....so, anybody wanna help with the models?

StarViperPilot
08-09-2002, 02:32 AM
Yeah I agree with Frum

BTW, I thought Hugo Weaving was and EXCELLENT choice for Elrond! I think ALL of the elves were done "right" - as represented by Tolkien's Middle Earth. (The guy that pretty much CREATED the FANTASY genre).

Jackson did as good a job (in 3 hours) as could be expected; I even forgave him the use of Arwen instead of (? ) Glorfindel, though I hope the Special edition DVD will include Galadriel's "gift-givings", and it'd be nice to see Bombadil and the Barrowwights (though that's a lost hope)

I agree completely. Some of the characters threw me for loop at first. But after a second veiwing I decided that all fit their parts well. I would have liked to see more of Gandalf vs. Balrog (fire demon thing). Like the spells on the door. Another thing that bugged me was that he had the wrong character speaking lines at times, easily overlooked but why not just have the right person say it? But overall I think he did a great job.

Good luck with your conversion guys! And as long as were leaving request... BALROG!!! FIRE DEMON!!!:devburn:

TheWhiteRaider
08-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Oh well I don't care about the writer.
It's a killer book. Though one thing is Ironic that the first person to Publish the LOTR book died this year days after a interview.

Grafox
08-09-2002, 05:00 AM
Not as much as a model, but here are some drawings that I am working on.

Pic 1 (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/nazgul.jpg)

Pic 2 (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/nazgul2.jpg)

Woodrodius
08-09-2002, 06:49 AM
I'd say the movie in it self was good, though as a translation of the book it was less then adequate. As a representation of the novels it was good, but there were too many discrepenscies to call it an excellent translation. My biggest peeve is how Pippin and Merry were transformed from the strong supporting characters of the book, to a mere goofy, comedy relief. Though I'll admit, Ian Mcallen was brilliant as Gandalf. Ok thats it.

P.S. The orcs were sort of lame looking too, and Aragorn was waaaaaaay too young looking

VampireHunterD
08-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Do you honestly expect, a movie to portray full details of the many ideas in the Fellowship of the ring! GOD, the visit to TOM BOMBADIL could be a movie in itself!

Smood you little penis sucking peice of sh!t! Did I ever mention one god damn thing about expecting all the details of the book?! No I didn't! I said there should have been the 2 kings killing Sauron instead of Isildur in the movie! Isildur did not kill Sauron in the book! And it was retarded of them to have Isilidur simply cutting Sauron's hand off in the movie!!! :mad:

And I never said one god damn thing about having the Tom Bombadil scene put in. I'm rather glad they didn't put that in. So next time think before you call me a f@cking moron that demands to have everything. I don't demand to have everything. I don't demand at all. So f@ck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the retarded one Smood!!! I'm sorry to say that but you are. Anyone who has read the book would know the people who made the movie made a very stupid move right there. My main focus was right on that scene.

SO SHUT THE F@CK UUUUPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swear:

Smood
08-09-2002, 12:24 PM
I'AM THE RETARDED ONE?!?!?!?

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CALLED THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE MORONS!!!!!!!

I never said you wanted the tom bombadil scene, I merely said including all details in the movie would be impossible.

Well O.K. you only wanted the fighting scene at the start, that's fine.....

BUT HOW THE HELL CAN YOU CALL THE MAKERS OF LORD OF THE RINGS MORONS???? HOW?!?!?

For the mere fact you said that...

You are retarded, stupid, a moron, whatever you may choose. But basically idiotic, the makers of the LOTR movie have done incredible work.

Twisted Vertex
08-09-2002, 12:36 PM
lets hold the flame war until the movie is COMPLETLY done. It should be interesting to see how everything plays out. Granted for the HArdcore fans, some of the important things were overlooked, but none the less, it was done to almost perfection. Books heading to the big screen have not always had to much success, But lord of the Rings stormed the charts.

It should be interesting to see how true to the novel's they stay. How big of an impact will gollum truly play in the movie. I hope its a big one. Oh and the Ents, you can't forget the ents.

GabrielXen
08-09-2002, 12:40 PM
*tip-toes in and whispers* shhhh...! Guys...! Kman's comin'... better get back on the topic, or he'll settle your little argument for you...

lol

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

Indy4
08-09-2002, 12:53 PM
lets make some models or start a tc

COMON LOTR FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RotM_Sypher
08-09-2002, 01:05 PM
A TC is already in the works

http://jitd.jk2files.com/

Indy4
08-09-2002, 01:21 PM
i looked through the whole site where does it say anything abot lord of the rings

wheres frodo strider tom and the others

funny_dude0
08-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Bump so has anyone actually started making the models?

Woodrodius
08-10-2002, 03:58 AM
One post to flame them all, and in the forum anger them!

GabrielXen
08-10-2002, 04:06 AM
If you guys want a TC mod, then I'll gladly help out with making the swords... I'm better at doing real swords than light saber hilts anyway... lol

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

KMan
08-10-2002, 05:10 AM
Post me some good hi-res & hi-qual pics of Aragorn and I might make a model w/ skin. Otherwise I go back to my plans of the Belgariad

VampireHunterD
08-10-2002, 05:29 AM
I believe I should take that back what I said about the people who are making the movie. That was way out of line.

Anyways, to try to get back on topic, I have made a model of Aragorn's famous sword that was reforged. If someone would like to skin it I would be happy to send it to them to try. :D

The model was supposed to be part of my Ultimate Weapon Pack that I never got around to finishing. I also have a model of Sauron's weapon from the movie I've made as well. And even though I didn't quite appreciate the way they changed the story, I still enjoyed seeing Sauron knock several men and elves to oblivion. hehheh. :D

VampireHunterD
08-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Here's the pics of Aragorn's sword and Sauron's weapon if any of you would like to skin them:

http://mohaa.cact-sd.org/aasigs/Aragorn'ssword.jpg

http://mohaa.cact-sd.org/aasigs/Sauron'sweapon.jpg

Frumpus
08-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey all.

To clarify concerning http://jitd.fragland.net/ . . . Journey Into The Dark is NOT a TC for the Fellowship of the Ring, nor The Hobbit. We're looking into a TC which alludes to (or hopefully MIRRORS :) ) elements of The Silmarillion.

JRR Tolkien wrote The Silmarillion as well, which is like a history book of middle Earth, from the creation of the Ainur in the beginning by Iluvatar; the creation of Arda (a.k.a. Middle Earth) via the Song of the Ainur; the plague of Melkor (and his servant Sauron); the coming of the Dwarves (by Aule), the Elves ("the Firstborn"), and Man ("the Followers"); . . . . up to the Beginning of the Third Age of Middle Earth. .. ..

The events of The Hobbit (and it's sequel trilogy, The Lord of the Rings) take place at the END of the Third Age of Middle Earth, generations AFTER the Silmarillion, though SOME characters in the LOTR existed during those Ages long past (i.e. Elrond, Galadriel, Sauron, Olorin (Gandalf), Curufin (Saruman), The Lord of the Eagles, the Balrogs, etc.).

I've started another WIP - this time an elven warrior:
http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload/kram/elfwarr1.jpg
http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload/kram/elfwarr2.jpg
(I've posted the pics the "Tolkien-ish she-elf" thread as well: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=763054#post763054 )

BTW, Yeah, let's have this a "flame-free" thread. :)

Kman, tell us more about "Belgariad" :)

trowa500
08-12-2002, 12:07 AM
nice elrond model. the sword reforged needs to be widened but saurons staff is cool :)

cROsIs**
08-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Whorthless thread, Worthless post....

What da ya know, Im at 250.

And Kman, Emril OWNS any stupid Iron Chef.

:D

Twisted Vertex
08-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Actually Iron Chef and Emril is a toss up. When i was in Culilnary Arts, We used to watch emirl in class and watch iron chef at home. I would have to say Iron chef is better only becasue It's like some freaky ass video game.

Then again emril kicks ass becasue well, he just does :)

cROsIs**
08-12-2002, 12:33 AM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Emeril is the man.... and the iron chef well, its like pokemon for chefs.

All im saying is, Emerils Kicked up Chile OWNS mr. ROBTO's Squid head ANY DAY!

Can you say BAM

Twisted Vertex
08-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Ok, Mr. Frumpus.......You model is looking UP, Here is just a couple of things i have noticed. His mouth goes downward....If looks like he is getting ready to kiss someone in your model. I can't quite place it, but the ears, just seem funny. Oh and the ForeHead, Make it a little bit longer. Other than that, it looks fantastic.

VampireHunterD
08-12-2002, 09:05 AM
nice elrond model. the sword reforged needs to be widened but saurons staff is cool

Hey Trowa, do you mean the blade needs to be widened or the hilt needs to be widened? :confused:

VampireHunterD
08-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, if you people are going to make models of LOTR and Silmarillion stuff. Here is what I think you should consider making:

GOTHMOG: THE LORD OF BALROGS AND THE HIGH CAPTAIN OF ANGBAND. :D :D :D :D

This one has always been one of my favorite characters. hehe. :D

trowa500
08-13-2002, 11:00 PM
vamp the width of the handle and the blade need to be widened BTW whats up with ig-88? and how can the silmarillion be understood ive read it twice and barely get the main parts

Twisted Vertex
08-13-2002, 11:11 PM
that was an odd post.....

VampireHunterD
08-14-2002, 03:47 AM
how can the silmarillion be understood ive read it twice and barely get the main parts

Use the glossary it comes with to understand some parts after you read it. It helps with some of the stuff. I only used the glossary a little bit to understand some of those extremely-hard-to-understand parts of it. I had to figure out the rest on my own by just reading it twice.

If that fails, then I would suggest reading it very, very slowly to understand. I understand how it can tend to get boring and tiring after a little while but this technique should definately allow you to understand the whole story. :)

VampireHunterD
08-14-2002, 03:49 AM
Trust me Trowa, these techniques work. I know for a fact since I gave an oral report over the entire story in my English class last year. ;)

Indy4
08-14-2002, 07:47 AM
someone make a sauron model

PIo Koon
08-14-2002, 08:36 AM
HAHAHAHAHA OMG ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

omg i just read this thread for the first time..omg lol..this thread is hilarious...with Vampire D hunter freaking out like a retard and Smood being an ******* to and all the other **** thats going on

omfg this thread is hilarious...omg lol..thankx guys i needed a laugh

o well..just shows what this community has dropped down to...guess im going to look for another game to model for...LOL omg i love this thread its so funny =OD

VampireHunterD
08-14-2002, 10:55 AM
omg i just read this thread for the first time..omg lol..this thread is hilarious...with Vampire D hunter freaking out like a retard and Smood being an ******* to and all the other **** thats going on

Well Plo Koon you yourself are pretty much a retard for making a useless stupid post like you do on mostly everything. ;)

In fact, I don't see why you find this thread to be hillarious. You are the one freaking out like a retard. You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Go to hell you little piece of sh!t. ;)

And I'm glad you're going to look for another game to model in. Good riddens to your sorry pathetic ass. :D

PIo Koon
08-14-2002, 04:47 PM
Vampire..at least i make decent/good models ;)

Twisted Vertex
08-14-2002, 04:55 PM
One time in band camp, I posted something totally usless in my forum.

trowa500
08-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by PIo Koon
Vampire..at least i make decent/good models ;) ur model cant even b uv maped how do u make better models than him?

Frumpus
08-14-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by trowa500
... how can the silmarillion be understood ive read it twice and barely get the main parts

Hmm. I've read The Silmarillion thoroughly ONCE a couple months ago. Yeah, it's more like a history book than a novel (unlike the Hobbit or LOTR). With all the different characters through the millenia, I had to do quite a bit of cross-referencing as I went along.

However, just this last winter I bought a bunch of Tolkien's work: The Hobbit Gift pack, The Hobbit, a boxed set of LOTR, The Silmarillion, and Unfinished Tales. Cross-referencing appendices/maps/indexes between all of these REALLY can give a good understanding of the world of Ea (a.k.a. Arda, a.k.a. MiddleEarth). I enjoyed it (and am still working through Unfinished Tales).

In my edition of The Silmarillion (the new Harper Collins black paperbacks), a 1951 letter by J.R.R. Tolkien to his friend (Milton Waldman) gives a GREAT summary/abstract of Tolkien's whole. . . "fantasy universe", from < Creation .. . to the defeat of Sauron > - spanning several millenia (perhaps more). Reading that helped more than anything to get things into perspective.

With Journey Into The Dark, I think we'll be picking an excerpt of The Silmarillion history to focus on, and expand that "era". (I'm not sure - you'd have to ask the guy(s) in charge of Storyline).

Major Clod
08-14-2002, 10:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHA OMG ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! omg i just read this thread for the first time..omg lol..this thread is hilarious...with Vampire D hunter freaking out like a retard and Smood being an ******* to and all the other **** thats going on

You think this thread is hilarious? Come on have a look at half the other threads in this forum. All this crap going on about Kmans moderating... if you are so bloody worried about a forum dictatorship, mate you need to spend more time away from the computer and in real life.

And mate, if you can't figure out how to UVW map a model, you really shouldn't be modelling in the first place. There is no reason why you should expect someone to UVW map a model for you.

------------------------------------

On a different note, I have been working on a Legolas model. Well originally it was made for half-life, but I took it out of storage the other day, and decided to create a new body for it, and redo the head. Have a look:-

Legolas (http://majorclod.netfirms.com/shots/legolas.jpg)

Twisted Vertex
08-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Mr. Clod.......one a side note becasue I don't see a WIp for you legalos.. That is a FINE model you have there.

SpYzEr
08-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Great model Clod! BTW whats the news on ur Tusken Raider model?

Major Clod
08-14-2002, 10:43 PM
My tusken raider in on hold for a little while, as the weighting of the shoulders and sleeves is fairly complex, and doesn't look too good with lightsaber swings. I will sit down one day soon though and try to work it out completely. As of now the model is completely playable, its just that I hate bad clipping and deforming.

Frumpus
08-14-2002, 11:31 PM

... if you can't figure out how to UVW map a model, you really shouldn't be modelling in the first place. There is no reason why you should expect someone to UVW map a model for you.

Hmm. I'd say that was a bit harsh. :rolleyes: Everybody needs to start somewhere. I'm a newbie to modelling/UVWMapping,skinning; I'm just now teaching myself how to UVW map my elf: http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload...he_elfchek2.jpg Nobody really has been there to help, and the tutorials I found aren't very good. Wolfsblade's video helped quite a bit though: http://www.gignews.com/jade_3dsmax.htm

On a different note, I have been working on a Legolas model. ... Legolas (http://majorclod.netfirms.com/shots/legolas.jpg)

GAWK!!! WOW! .. . . Great Legolas model, Clod!! Awesome likeness. Are you going to add more detail to his outfit?

[SWS]Strider
08-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Could someone please consider a Aragorn/Strider model soon? That would make my day.

Frumpus
08-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Dude. .. you gotta read the thread.

KMan already offered to do JUST that:

Originally posted by kman@polycount
Post me some good hi-res & hi-qual pics of Aragorn and I might make a model w/ skin. Otherwise I go back to my plans of the Belgariad

:)

KMan, what kind of pics would you need? Side profile? front face? full body? ?

Indy4
08-14-2002, 11:48 PM
somone make GANDALF and all the other charactors

[SWS]Strider
08-14-2002, 11:55 PM
Oh man I'm sorry, I haven't had much sleep in the last 2 weeks. I've been doing a lot of things with some camps for kids and stuff. Anyway I'll look for some high res pics. Last time I checked we couldn't find any that pleased kman.

[SWS]Strider
08-15-2002, 12:17 AM
http://www.kinoweb.de/film2001/LordOfTheRings1/pix/lr1-03.jpg

http://www.warofthering.net/movies/photos/felloshiplarge/imagepages/image90.shtml

http://www.moviepublicity.com/image_assets/lotr2_2-58403.jpg

Head shots

http://www.stainmedia.com/lotr/images/aragorn.jpg

http://www.creativelymaladjusted.org/linbot/images/legolas-aragorn-2.jpg

Best I can do. I'm not a modeler or a skinner, so if I knew what you needed them for I might understand a bit better what I need to find.

ANd if you need them for reference to build a mdel, this site will help you immensely I think.

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Chalkboard/CB_Example.htm#Part2_top

Major Clod
08-15-2002, 02:49 AM
Hmm. I'd say that was a bit harsh. Everybody needs to start somewhere. I'm a newbie to modelling/UVWMapping,skinning; I'm just now teaching myself how to UVW map my elf: http://jitd.fragland.net/php/upload...he_elfchek2.jpg Nobody really has been there to help, and the tutorials I found aren't very good.

I don't think you quite understood what I meant. I meant if you cannot teach yourself how to UVW map with all of the resources available on the web, you probably shouldn't be modelling in the first place. People will learn how to do it, just like you are, through these resources, and there are plenty out there, it just takes practice. If you can't pick up at least the basics from these things, how are you going to be able to make good models? You can't expect to be spoon fed the details.

Frumpus
08-15-2002, 05:09 AM
Roger. I agree: you can't be spoon fed details, but I've been stuck many times along the way so far with stupid little roadblocks that appear simple to pass in hindsight. It would have been nice at the time to have a veteran (or even a detailed tutorial) to get through those rough times.

However, I think it's lazy to only want to turn out models without even trying to learn the rest (i.e. UVW mapping, skiining, weighting. . . ). PLUS, I think you'd be missing out on a learning experience, AND a whole lot of fun/satisfaction not to do it.

I hope I can see my models through to the finished product - IN game.

Delmar
08-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by kman@polycount

Eddings is the MAN. Do the Belgariad/Mallorean, my good man!

InsaneiaC
08-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Someone please make a Sauron model... I would do it, but I suck at anything close to art.... And I mean, I really suck.

I found this page:

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Nasty/Sauron.htm

Hope you can use the pictures to make some great models.

Maybe some ring wraiths... but at least a Sauron model... that would be great.

See ya on the net :D

KMan
08-16-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Delmar

Eddings is the MAN. Do the Belgariad/Mallorean, my good man!

I want to make a game using the story and characters, but since I don't have the books on me (my wife lent them to her manager. He was supposed to read it over a month ago. Gotta get em back) so I don't have the information I need. Off topic, but if you can find me some good sites that have detailed character descriptions for the Belgariad, that would help me alot. I want to go for a slightly stylized appearance (not so much like the hobbit game that is in development) but somewhere along those lines.

Frumpus
08-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Kman, I don't recall the name, "Belgariad" from Tolkien's work. What is it?

Primrodo
08-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Tolkien???

Gosh :P

David and Leigh Eddings wrote these books, 12 books for one cast. As well as another 6 book series. :)]

There may be sites with the decriptions....there really are no solid pics, or illustrations. Just take the initials and use your imagination.

::imagines Barak holding a lightsaber::

hee hee

Justin

KMan
08-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have some good links that have the characters descriptions and a breakdown of their appearance. Does not mean pictures.

Frumpus
08-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Cool. I've never heard of it (nor it's author).

Is it fantasy (like Middle Earth, D & D, Forgotten Realms)? .. .or more Sci-fi? (Dune, StarWars, etc.)?