PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Model Updates!

Pages : [1] 2

Darth_Kitty
08-13-2002, 07:36 PM
Ok. Sorry!!!!!!!!! I know it's been taking me forever, but I am trying to make a Mod AND models all by myself. VampierHunterD is importing one of the models right now, so I will take awhile for him to do all of them. Well here is the FINAL (AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME! LOL!) Shots of Snake MGS and Snake MGS2!

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/all_stars_lol.jpg

Twisted Vertex
08-13-2002, 08:05 PM
It looks good, but are you sure this is the final? I looks like he is squinting from too much sunlight. The rest of his face has kinda of a gorilla look. The knee pads could use a touch, casue right now they look alittle out of place.

I am extremely impressed with what you did witht the torso, and the arms. They look absoulty fantastic.

Darth_Kitty
08-13-2002, 09:12 PM
musashi122, The Knee Pad's look that way in the program. I know, I thought the same thing but then I made his arms and legs straight and they were right on the areas. Also he has a "gorilla" face because that is (very saddly) the way he is (sigh).

"I am extremely impressed with what you did witht the torso, and the arms. They look absoulty fantastic."

Thanks. I took many hours to get those looking right! Please kept them comin!

striderx2048
08-13-2002, 10:08 PM
i hope there is an alternate head for mgs1 snake
i didnt like the shaggy hair and unshaved look from mgs2

SiThLoRd><1000
08-13-2002, 10:23 PM
I agree with StriderX. But if not, well thats still fine. I'll use it either way becuase it rocks!!! Nice job.

remark 666
08-13-2002, 10:56 PM
maybe a little bit more detail here and there BUT the main concern I have is with the head, the face doesn't look like his, could be much better :)

Darth_Kitty
08-13-2002, 11:28 PM
striderx2048

I will consider that. I did it that way because Konami does it that way.

remark 666

I hav eno Idea what you mean:)

Darth_Kitty
08-16-2002, 06:53 AM
Snake Pliskin is almost done!!!! AH YES! MY FAVORITE ONE!!!!

Darth_Kitty
08-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Look at the difrence!

This is the old Snake Pliskin I thought I was done with:
http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/pliskin1.jpg

And here is the (unfinished) nearly done Snake Pliskin:
http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/Snake_Pliskin.jpg

How can I do that to you guys?!? It look like sh*t!!!:D

Kururin
08-16-2002, 08:12 PM
That one looks exactly like Pliskin

Great job :D

BradFu
08-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Looks good! The end of the sleaves could use a little more definition so they don't blend with the forearms so much.

And just so you know, his name isn't actually Snake Pliskin. He used that as an alias in MGS2. Snake Pliskin is actually a character from the Escape from New York and Escape from L.A. movies. Here he is: http://www.monstersinmotion.com/tv/snake.html

The Snake you're modelling is just named Solid Snake.

Darth_Kitty
08-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Yes I know that. But I didn't what to get people confused.

Madjai
08-16-2002, 09:31 PM
considering i dont know who solid snake is and i do know who snake pliskin is (from the movies) you confused me right from the start.

Deetox187
08-16-2002, 09:35 PM
lol me too.

MaulerZ
08-16-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Kitty
Look at the difrence!

This is the old Snake Pliskin I thought I was done with:
http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/pliskin1.jpg

And here is the (unfinished) nearly done Snake Pliskin:
http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/Snake_Pliskin.jpg

How can I do that to you guys?!? It look like sh*t!!!:D

G/W Darth_Kitty

striderx2048
08-16-2002, 09:55 PM
he alias was iroquis pliskin

Kahl
08-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Well its a nice Model. I dont want to see like a dick, or critisize or anything, but my own personal opinion is..

The head is kinda big for the body, and the face could use more detail.

Its still good overall. And im glad someones making a MGS model:P

Goodluck with everything

Darsha_x1
08-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Awsome model , one of my fav all time characters, I wouden't change anything it looks great, are you going to release him by himself when your done ? if anybody says it sucks they can go to hell! , one more thing, how much longer ?:D

Darth_Kitty
08-18-2002, 12:48 AM
"Head" is a weeeeee big because of the image. I got to take better ones damit! "Face" I am thinking on touching up a little. I am also going to make the (not these model but the other Snakes) hair taller like his is.

how much longer ?:)

I don't know.:( VampireHunterD has been a blessing to me. He is doing it as fast as he can. When he is done with one skeleton, he is going to give a copy to me so the speed can double. I need him to finish the skeleton because I don't know how to link and weight models (yet).

Well that's all for now. Also if your a mapper, please read my new post "Please!!!help!!!custom .md3's In My Map!!!". I need help with that bad.

Thanks.

Darth_Kitty
08-25-2002, 09:50 PM
The models are almost done. VampireHunterD is working very fast. Please every one thank him. Also the mod for the models is almost done. I think as soon as I get some of the models ingame, I will make patches for the mod. Like the first patch will be VR missions (cause I don't think I can finish them in time) and other models like Radien and newer fixes. Thanks guys.

KMan
08-25-2002, 11:09 PM
Darth Kitty - How about putting updates in the same post. Just have to find your old threads and post on it. It's really not that hard. It took me like 2 minutes to merge three of your 'updates' into one thread.

Darth_Kitty
08-26-2002, 12:00 AM
Ok. Sorry KMan. I did that because my first thread just dissaperd, then the second one did to. So I thought I would just make new threads for every major update. Sorry again KMan:)

Darth_Kitty
08-26-2002, 06:39 PM
I have been making new weapons (really alot of them are from SOFII, Thanks Raven!) so you will have....welll...here.

Stun Baton>Ninja Stars
Bryar Pistol>SOCOM
E-11 Blaster>M16
Bowcaster>Shot Gun
Golan Arms>Grenade Launcher
Thermal Detonator>Smoke grenade (using my GORE 1.3 code)
Light Saber>Katana
Heavy Reapeter>AK-47
Distroptor>Sniper Rifle
and Emplaced gun>Machine Gun Turrent :D

Thanks.

Darth_Kitty
08-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Here is the shot of the new Emplaced gun you guy's (and girls) will be using in the mod!

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/new_gun.jpg

Damn, I love myself.

Thanks to Raven for the M60 as the base weapon model.

striderx2048
08-27-2002, 03:57 AM
i prefer the M4 over the M16
M4 is the newer model of the m16

Darth_Kitty
08-30-2002, 12:24 AM
Don't worry my friend! Ninja is almost ready for the SpotLight!:D :D :D :D :D :D

PerfectJamie
08-30-2002, 10:47 AM
oh, darn, i was going to make a ninja model............oh well, cool models anyway

-DS-Tha Skurge
09-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Awrite kitty,howz it goin,i havnt posted in soo long......ur skins look mint as usaul.....and could u give me Ds email.........cos i really need 2 tok 2 him,savent seen him since he left the forrums

neway great work m8

Darth_Kitty
09-03-2002, 10:20 PM
Model is not ingame yet but the mod is going great! Almost done for a beta! (If I could stop playing Neocron!) :D

remark 666
09-04-2002, 01:24 AM
it could be the textures on the head that makes him look weird...

the bandana on his head should be lowered a little bit, that will fix the eye problem people are talking about, the hair also needs to be a little higher and more shaped

more work on the face, just shaping up and stuff
http://www.spawntoys.com/Metalgear/mgs2_solid_snake.jpg

more things can me modeled, ie arm/leg pads, also near them model wrinkles, to make it look a little bit more real

boots could be better, something like this...

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics99/99-11-19.jpg

more ref pics ?
http://siskel.gamecritics.com/feature/preview/mgs2add/screen01.jpg

http://siskel.gamecritics.com/feature/preview/mgs2add/screen02.jpg

http://siskel.gamecritics.com/feature/preview/mgs2add/screen10.jpg

more face ref
http://www.joypad.it/playstation2001/Mgs2/27.jpg

not THAT much more work BUT if you fix this stuff...the model will be 100% badass

Darth_Kitty
09-05-2002, 02:28 AM
Ok. I will do that then Remark666

ReIIiK
09-05-2002, 04:31 AM
"Heavy Reapeter>AK-47 "

I wouldn't use a AK-47, there wasn't one in MGS or MGS:2
The weapon in MGS:2 is the AK-74su

There are alot more AK weps to choose from then the old AK-47, made in 1947,

AK-103 is also a good one.

remark 666
09-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Ok. I will do that then Remark666

cool, looking forward to it :)

Darth_Kitty
09-06-2002, 10:53 PM
The mod is going slow due to me doing the mod by myself. VampireHunterD though is doing great. Erm.....that's about it.

Oh. That's right. After this mod (and a two month or one break) I am thinking of doing an Contra mod. I got the rights first! LOL!

Also back to the MGS2 mod, I am going to try to get Manny Calavara in there, just for my own pleasure. Snake vs Manny. This is going to be great!:D

PerfectJamie
09-07-2002, 04:19 AM
hey i do models my self, and i was thinking on doing (well actualy working on) a terrorist model and a ninja model, mabe we can join forces? :D

Zedar
09-07-2002, 05:11 PM
The Snake models look good
The face is not all right but still really good:)

Darth_Kitty
09-08-2002, 07:17 AM
hey i do models my self, and i was thinking on doing (well actualy working on) a terrorist model and a ninja model, mabe we can join forces?

Hmm...well Jamie, I have a Terriost (really I have about 4 diffrent ones for players to choose from : )) and Ninja is aready being made, but, I will think about it. Please send me your work or previous work, thanks.:D

PerfectJamie
09-09-2002, 09:23 AM
ok im not so good, but i want to learn, can you teach me? i like the models you make and i wish to make ones like that

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 10:14 AM
We could always use more great modelers. Though I do not currently know how to model (note: currently) I think someone should show em the ropes.

Darth_Kitty
09-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Hmmm......

I think I can teach you. I am very busy with the mod and my real life. But....I guess I can a little. Do you have a MSN account? I like using MSN Messager because most of my contacts are on there. Thanks.:D

Oh. Hehehe didn't notice that there is a second page! :D :D :D

How do I make it so that thist thread is ratable?

:max:

fat_101
09-09-2002, 07:08 PM
well at the bottom of the thread there should be a tab right about here
at the bottom of the page

FATTEH

Darth_Kitty
09-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Bump. Oh and I don't mean to be rude or anything, but is there a way to disable the JediKnightII.net banner on the site just for my PC? So that everyone can see it exept me? It takes along time to donwload because it is so huge for a banner and I only have modem. ThNKS.

PerfectJamie
09-12-2002, 07:16 AM
hey i sent an email with my msn but you dont seam to reply so here it is

sas_2001_@Hotmail.com

Darth_Kitty
09-12-2002, 09:14 PM
yes. Sorry. I don't open anything in my email unless I know who its from. So if you email me put like "MGS2 dude" or Mgs or LucasForums. Cause I get a lot of spam saying Hey!. So sorry.

bomberman_xc
09-13-2002, 06:04 PM
this mod is gonna kick ass! What models are you working on now and which ones are next on the list??

PerfectJamie
09-13-2002, 09:59 PM
well i guess you added me :) i hope to meet you soon

Darth_Kitty
09-14-2002, 03:01 AM
Yes. Jamie I did add you.

Bomerman. Thanks! That's a good insperation to keep on going. Models that are done (but not ingame) are

Solid Snake MGS2
Solid Snake MGS
Terriost MGS2
Snake Pliskin MGS2
Ninja MGS
And.....er......um...............................o h!
Ninja (Grey Fox with face showing) MGS done.

Pic's will be pisted soon. I am just to busy with the coding and gfx and maps for the mod. Thanks.

Darth_Kitty
09-17-2002, 02:23 AM
Major Updates! I m trying to code the wall hug right now, so there is a possible chance that it'll make it! Also I am planing to get a web site for the mod at jediknightii.net . I hope I get accepted. Thanks. And good luck, to me and Vamp! lol

PerfectJamie
09-17-2002, 04:53 AM
cool :D

samm666
09-17-2002, 02:52 PM
so you just making these for the mod? are you gonna release the weapons cos id really like to have a go. even beta testin.:)

Darth_Kitty
09-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Major Updates!

I got the ak-74 in. I also made certian weapons not "glow" when fired. So now it's like....hmmmm...oh I know. It"s like Counter-Strike were you can't see the bullets :) A very lazy thing to do :D

Also I coded a completly new game type. Just having troble to get it in-game. Also, Ninja's skin now (finally!) looks like the real thing but updated. What else.....oh! And I crashed my PC 12 times (and I have XP too! Oops! LOL) in 1 hour! Looks like that new flash......oops! Never mind. ;)

Darth_Kitty
09-18-2002, 07:46 PM
I have great news! The mod now has a BAD-ASS M-16! It aready had one (Blaster E-11 > M-16) but since it was the blaster, it had only what I called Single and Burst modes. However, I was trying to think on how to explain the AK-74U'S Secound mode, which was a explosion. Then last night when I was asleep, I though " Hey! I know! Make the M-16 the Repeater! That way it has Burst AND Grenade Launcher! And that solves the AK cause then it will have only Single and Burst! Ok. Tommorrow, change the explosion to a.......real looking explosion!".

A few hours later

":D OOPS! Sorry Desann! I didn't mean to launch a grenade at your face! Muhahahahah!"

MAN! LATELY I HAVE BEEN ON A ROLL!!!!!! :D :D

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 08:25 PM
man this is gonna be SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't forget, you said i could help you beta test the mod, guns, models, ect. Man this is gonna kick ass. Darth Kitty (w/the help of Vamp of coarse) is a F***ing GENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

VampireHunterD
09-18-2002, 09:36 PM
Okay, update time (sorry for the silent treatment):

I've finished relinking all the tags, parts, and caps and stuff and checked all that hard-to-do crap for Solid Snake. Now all that needs
done is weighting Snake.

By the way Darth_Kitty, I've found some Metal Gear Solid music if you want it for your mod.;) It's all in good quality too. :)

*EDIT*- The songs I have are:

1.)Ninja is back [GrayFox.mp3]

2.)Danger.mp3 (Alert music that occurs in MGS 1 when a guard sees you.)

3.) Zanzibar Breeze

4.)The theme that plays during the Snake/swimming underwater/opening credits scene in MGS 1.

Sniper Wolf
09-18-2002, 09:45 PM
I can't wait to see some in-game screenshots. This mod is gonna be off the hiz-ook. hah.

raiden668
09-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Coming along great, Kitty ^_^ looking forward to a beta for me to test.

TheWhiteRaider
09-20-2002, 03:56 AM
Final MGS Models.

PerfectJamie
09-20-2002, 11:16 AM
not only models this is a whole mod! oh and did you get the m-16 idea from the model i showed you? that had a granade launcher on it (was trying to replace the repeater)

Darth_Kitty
09-20-2002, 10:40 PM
No Jamie. I had the M-16 in aready, but it only had Single and Burst and the AK had only Burst and....er......grenade. So I switch them around and edited the Repeaters secound effect. Now I just have to find a way so that the secound attack doesn't use the ammo for the Burst cause then players will have ALOT of grenade to pull!

Darth_Kitty
09-22-2002, 02:29 AM
Well... I am starting the hell of making the First Person models. I HATE THIS PART. Anyway's...........................I HATE IT!!! I MEAN COME ON!!! JESUS! THAT S*CKS! SO MANY MODELS TO CHANGE!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Grey Fox
09-22-2002, 07:52 AM
cant wait for screenshots anyway good luck

can we download the songs Vamp... also show us some screenshots of grey fox

Darth_Kitty
09-22-2002, 09:43 AM
I am almost done for a beta for the TEA mod. It will have (I hope) one model Solid Snake. Also it will have the weapons and some of the sounds for commanding you squad. The beta testers are so far:
==============================================
PerfectJamie
raiden668
VampireHunterD
and
bomberman_xc

==============================================
:D

I will try to fix and talk to Vamp to see if the model is done. If it is, I will upload the mod to my bros site
www.awardwinningdesign.net

The Closed Beta will be.exe'd then ziped with a password lock just in case it is found on the site.:D

Thanks.

Wes Marrakesh
09-22-2002, 12:54 PM
w00t!
Raiden model next, maybe? :D
I cannot wait for this!

TheWhiteRaider
09-23-2002, 03:41 AM
I wonder if you could put the shine of Riden's hair on his model if you make one. Would be interesting.

raiden668
09-24-2002, 01:08 PM
Mm, sweet..Looking forward to it, S. I got a couple more ideas for you, bud. I'll blip them to you hear or on MSN, s'up to you. Looking forward to picking apart all the bugs ^_~ just kidding.

*grins, hearing "Raiden" over and over and over* Yes yes, You fools..A Raiden model, wmahaha!

Darth_Kitty
09-24-2002, 04:37 PM
I am making a Radien model. And yes the hair will be shiny :)

Also....um......what else......sh*t.....forgot...............oh well.
Also I am coding it so that instead of just firing without stoping, it will stop as if you are putting a new clip in.

Darth_Kitty
09-25-2002, 01:45 AM
Oh. And I am working on a Flame Thrower for the mod. :)

Grey Fox
09-25-2002, 07:05 AM
What kind of weapon did you replace the stun baton for i was hoping for a ciggar... [crazy but nice]

Darth_Kitty
09-25-2002, 07:47 AM
It's gonna be (I hope) a Knife

Darth_Kitty
09-25-2002, 09:07 AM
hehe. Why didn't you tell us this before Kman?
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/folio/snake.jpg

I found this on Goggle

Darth_Kitty
09-27-2002, 10:48 PM
"Change sides? I don't recall saying I was on your's."

Those were my words when I ditch the Flamethrower. :D

Anyway's I am trying to make maps for the mod. And of course the damn 1st person weapon models. Sorry beta tester for the dely of the beta. Our band is VERY busy so.....

Tommorow we are playing a big gig so I won't be on t'll like.......12:00 or 1:00 AM. Oh well :rolleyes:

Also since my bro and I are making a game, I have to spend more time on that ( I love it though cause we are making a kids game and it is a good reason to play my SNES Emulator all night! LOL! Mostly I play the Mutil Player beta of SOFII or UT2003 but Harvest Moon, Mega Man X and Contra are to good to skip.)

Well bye!:D

PerfectJamie
09-27-2002, 11:31 PM
hehe cool im a beta tester without signing up for it :p (or did I?) oh well, anyway i can help you with the first person view models (i got my sucky socom ingame from first and third person view and the first person view model even had a hand holding it :))

striderx2048
09-27-2002, 11:51 PM
you doing this mod alone?
modeling maping coder is alot of work

Grey Fox
09-28-2002, 12:09 AM
Why did you ditch the flametrower i know its possible just replace
the Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun with flame animations flame thrower models and voila

primary:flamethrower
- launches hot streams of fire at the target
and burns them

secondary:fireball thrower
-launches a fireball over the target and if
charged fully it can launch a
devastating fireball and explode into an
inferno which can burn enemys within a
certain radius

thats my opinion bout the flamethrower tell me if this idea is ok

Darth_Kitty
09-28-2002, 04:42 AM
hehe cool im a beta tester without signing up for it (or did I?) oh well, anyway i can help you with the first person view models (i got my sucky socom ingame from first and third person view and the first person view model even had a hand holding it )

YES! That would be awsome Jamie! That would be VERY helpful! :)

you doing this mod alone?

Yes striderx2048. That's why it's taking forever. Really Vamp is helping me. He is importing the models in game while I do the mod (and yes....all by myself :( lol) But I have done this before, the Do it yourself mods. So don't worry. Also I am very good a coding, about as good as my models, really.....I'm better at coding. Mapping.......hehe........I suck. Why? My maps don't suck, there 50 dollar game quality maps but I just can't seem to force myself to finish them. I have over 20 maps that are AWSOME but I get bored of them. It sucks.

Why did you ditch the flametrower i know its possible just replace
the Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun with flame animations flame thrower models and voila

primarywer
- launches hot streams of fire at the target
and burns them

secondary:fireball thrower
-launches a fireball over the target and if
charged fully it can launch a
devastating fireball and explode into an
inferno which can burn enemys within a
certain radius

thats my opinion bout the flamethrower tell me if this idea is ok

That is a good suggetion Grey Fox, but.......to me....it didn't seem like it fit the whole MG thing. But I will think about it again. Animations won't havea to be in there, I was doing al the coding in the efx files. Just effects to make it stream, like the light saber, those are all shaders.

Also in other news, I have mad Ninja's helment reflective! And I did the same to the Katana's! :D

Also I would like you guy's to try the demo of "Axe marks the spot". It's has been fives years since ULTIMA ONLINE was out so they made a cool mini-game to celebrate it. And to promote there new Online game :rolleyes:

Well it is 12 AM. In 17 hours I will be playing. So good bye!

:confused:

-DS-Tha Skurge
09-28-2002, 12:15 PM
I'm Bak..........long time no c guys........good 2 c uv got loadz of models an weaps.........btw vamp, u still owe me that game on AvP2 :P.......if u want add me on msn qsaz31@hotmail.com

neway keep up the good work kittie

Gen_Blade
09-28-2002, 12:26 PM
darth_kitty your awsome

Darth_Kitty
10-01-2002, 03:08 AM
Sorry. I got back Sunday morning but then at the last second we were booked again for Sunday Evening. So I just now got a chance to reply. Thanks for your comments. Shortly I will be posting some pics of Ninja. Though this isn't the model, it is the skin I am making for it. I have been using of course the Shadow Trooper. I have been learning how to use shaders so the pic's are really just going to be about the shaders. I am shading the helment (all the shaders on Ninja and the Katana (saber) are reflective) his body, certian parts of course, like the orange parts will be more reflective than the gray ect. Oh, and I am going to make the eye thing glow too.:D

The beta is of course as you may be able to tell, delayed due to my life. And I have to write Vamp to see if the model is ingame yet. I have been in my dad's user lately so I haven't been able to like talk to him.

Another note, if you have e-mailed me in the last week or so, please e-mail me again. I deleted alot of e-mails that I didn't want to today when I was rushing to go too Wal-Mart. Sorry!:rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

Oh and I will TRY (READ THAT! LOL) TRY to get a web site going for mg:tea!!!

Thanks!

samm666
10-02-2002, 03:43 PM
hmmm thats odd. im always getting ignored here... its not like im a newbie and i asked to be a beta tester because i have made alot of EF and quake models. i don't mind really kitty not beta testing (well if i can that would be great) cos i just wanna help BUT I HATE BEING IGNORED!:mad:

Darth_Kitty
10-03-2002, 08:25 AM
Guy's please help me! Do you know what black smoke the saber uses when you dismember or kill someone? I have tried (I think everything! Also why does some gfx show as black and act's like a 2d sprite when you walk over it (meaning it covers the player)? PLEASE HELP ME!

samm666

I am sorry for Ignoring you. I will consider you a tester. Thanks

Midgit Yoda
10-03-2002, 12:57 PM
I get to be a tester too right?

Darth_Kitty
10-05-2002, 04:08 AM
yes Migit Yoda

Darth_Kitty
10-08-2002, 09:30 PM
New respawn effects.
1st person weapons almost complete (thanks to PerfectJamie)
New sounds.
New skins.
New Ninja skin.
New Menu.
New Music.
New GFX.
Glowing projectiels are now gone. CS style now.
Fixed big explosion on the M-16
M-16 now has a Grenade Launcher part on the barrle.
SOCOM now fixed to fit the models hand's.
Shotgun does not fire 5 shot's and it doesn't bounce.
Smoke Grenade (from my GORE 1.3 code mod) now finally fixed for tatical espionage action.
Sniper rifle is near complete meaning the red line is nearly gone.
Sniper, Shotgun, Detenation Pak (Soon to be Claymore's)and Katana now dismember without having to do any console commands.
New sounds for Ninja and his "other friends which can't be revealed right now" are done.
New Player model being made.
New Terroist skin.
New Solid Snake skin.
Hind D for mutiplayer is now done.
Emplaced gun (now a Machine Gun) in-game.
Health pack's are now Rations.
Ammo are now show as clips.
Stun Baton is nearly comeplete from being a new Knife with new animations.
Team Command's are now being made for a new button on the menu instead of bind's.
Solid Snake MGS2 model almost in-game (Thanks to VampireHunterD and Migit Yoda :) oh and Vamps bro.)
The Caps are now at the fianl build. I had made over a dozen new cap textures. But this one look's the best.
Web site is being made VERY slowly on my free time that I am not making that game with my bro for.
ETA on the True Beta release (Not the Closed beta but the True Beta)
November 11. My Birthday.
It may come out sonner, depending on how fast the models get in-game.
Creating VR Mission's for MP. Using the SAGA gametype.
Hind WILL be in the MP Maps, as well as other mobiles.
Some MP maps will include the Hind D with Emplaced Gun on side's. Heheh.
Trucks will also be in some MP maps with turrent's on side's.
SECRET MODEL IN WORK'S, WILL APPEAR IN MP MAPS ON SAGA MODE AND SURVIVOR MAPS! HIND'S WILL ALSO BE IN SOME OF THE SURVIVOR MAPS.

METAL GEAR: TATICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION MOD

TEAM MEMBERS'S:
DARTH_KITTY
VAMPIREHUNTERD
PREFECTJAMIE
MIDGIT YODA

BETA TESTERS'S:
DARTH_KITTY :D
VAMPIREHUNTERD
PREFECTJAMIE
MIDGIT YODA
SAMM666
BOMBERMAN_XC
RADIEN668
AND SOMEONE ELSE. FORGOT HIS NAME!
============

If you want to be a tester, PM me and I will decide. Thanks Guy's!

Can't tell you anymore. See you guy's later.

Grey Fox
10-09-2002, 05:45 AM
Glowing projectiels are now gone. CS style now.

you mean you can't see the bullets right..? how about if you can see a very thin projectile coming at you. you know like a tribes 2 chaingun only more thinner projectile

snapple
10-09-2002, 05:31 PM
hey Darth_Kitty are you guys ever gonna make an Arsenal tengu?
and maybe Solidus snake? (BTW I know ur busy but Im in that MGS mood, ya know that mood were ya keep saying "damn" to try and sound like Snake)

Darth_Kitty
10-10-2002, 12:01 AM
Er...I am making bullets come out from each gun.

LOL snapple. I know what you mean. I did it so much that I can sound JUST LIKE HIM. Really. In fact, I am thinking about voice acting for the mod. His voice is really easy. Not to hard. Just scratch you throut a little and prononce the R's with a sorta growrl.

I am sick right now so I won't post to many new posts.

Bye

Darth_Kitty
10-14-2002, 09:47 AM
bump...................:(

will post site link and new models pics soon............................................
still sick:(

Wes Marrakesh
10-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Still patientnly waiting for mod and the chance to finally beat MGS2 :D

Sounds very kick-ass, I'll beta test too

EDIT: Two things.. no three...
1. I can map.
2. I can model.
3. I reallyl need help UVW Mapping/Unwrapping my saber

Kururin
10-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Are the player models in game? :confused:

Darth_Kitty
10-15-2002, 07:55 PM
I belive Solid Snake MGS2 is ingame, haven't been on lately. Also note that when he is done, the importing will go WAY faster because the bones are basicly setup. Plus Vamp is still learning. Migit Yoda is helping us on his own time from his kick ass model of FF7 Cloud. Really the mod is going slow because of ME! I My life is very busy. Our band is alway's playing so I don't really have to much time to goof off as (like my dad say's.:mad:) I want too.

So please be patient. Thanks.

samm666
10-16-2002, 06:11 PM
so how far would you estimate you are from completion?

ohh and JDiesal what movie is your avatar from? i dont recognise it.

Darth_Kitty
10-17-2002, 02:01 AM
I'd say...............70% done. Hey sorry but this is basicly a one man mod. Thanks god I have Jamie and Vamp and Migit.

Darth_Kitty
10-17-2002, 07:20 AM
Here are some new shots. All are not done yet. I thought I said I was done with MGS2 snake!?! Oh well, this one is WAY!! better. Less polys and he has a way better mullet. Enjoy!

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/Promo.jpg

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/shot11.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
10-17-2002, 08:00 AM
OMFG
u got the best team for this mod!!! the models rule!! lol!1!

Darth_Kitty
10-17-2002, 08:08 AM
hehe. I do all the models dude. Migit and Vamp import them. But I do all the models by myself. THanls why it's taking a long time.

ShogunBlade
10-17-2002, 08:09 AM
topic says it all

Hellfire Jedi
10-17-2002, 08:11 AM
Shogun Darth_Kitty are doing a great job who gives a rats @$$ ifit doesnt have to do with jedi knight people got together to work hard on it and not get crap from you

Now Kitty great job on the models i had no idea u did them ur self

raiden668
10-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Nice, Sean ^_^ Looking great.

Darth_Kitty
10-17-2002, 08:33 PM
Hehe. FIrst time anyone has called me by my first name. Damn those others. LOL.

Oh yeah. This is a bump.

Wes Marrakesh
10-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Nice models, Kitty... Sean... Darth... whichever :D

Can I beta test?

Histys-History
10-18-2002, 06:42 AM
Sean said PM SEAN if u want to test it :D
Are you going to release like a beta skin or model?? If u would it would be GRRREAT! Oh and SEAN = his name, so on, lol

Darth_Kitty
10-18-2002, 08:11 PM
huh? that's right. Making a new model right now. ou guy's are gonna freak when you find out who it is.

Histys-History
10-19-2002, 05:50 AM
Umm, ocelot? Or...... umm the posters on the wall :P saucy! Or umm raiden? Or ... i give up!

Phizzle
10-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Meryl? the general guy(forgot his name), Mei Ling(I think) The other lady who wants to be stripped? hmm solidus? The scientist guy (sorry haven't played it in a bit)

Kururin
10-19-2002, 06:11 PM
Otacon? i think thats the name of the Snake's partner. Liquid Snake, Raven with the big ass chain gun, Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf?

Kururin
10-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by samm666
so how far would you estimate you are from completion?

ohh and JDiesal what movie is your avatar from? i dont recognise it.

Episode 2, the Obi-Wan Jango Fett duel on the landing pad of Kamino Lab.

samm666
10-20-2002, 09:50 AM
ahhh yea so it is, ive only seen it once and its abit fuzzy so i didnt recognise it.

Darth_Kitty
10-20-2002, 11:09 PM
You guy's are right about two of them.

Phizzle
10-21-2002, 12:36 AM
Are you going to turn Galak mech into Raven? :confused:

samm666
10-21-2002, 02:28 PM
ahh i know, its raven and wolf isnt it!

Phizzle
10-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Meryl into Jan?

Kururin
10-21-2002, 09:21 PM
Who guess the two?

raiden668
10-23-2002, 05:54 PM
I know the two and you guys don't, ha-ha.

PerfectJamie
10-23-2002, 06:57 PM
man i thought the fourm is down.........oh well the models are going to be finished pretty soon (going to work only on that from now on)

Darth_Kitty
10-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Sorry. The mod is still going foward, I just have been to busy to post. Bye.

PerfectJamie
10-25-2002, 08:06 AM
ok i figured out how to do things and make it look nice ;) i have 2 more models to do so i will be done this weak. but i am going to nead a lowpoly hand model for my 1rst person models (i am useing cs hands to get the idea where they should go) some time can you send me a hand model with textures that i can use? (i dont know how i did it but the nife seams to be stabing without new animations :))

samm666
10-25-2002, 11:25 AM
how oddc, maybe you copied the cs anims and some how they work. strange.

raiden668
10-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Hey Sean, When you get a moment, make me a zip file with some pics, screenshots, weapon model shots, and that startup screen..I want to make a little "teaser" or Press Release, to get people interested and looking forward to the mod.

raiden668
10-25-2002, 03:48 PM
Bump

raiden668
10-25-2002, 03:54 PM
When are you going to have a rough beta for us to test, S?

PerfectJamie
10-25-2002, 09:34 PM
ok i found that i had one of grat foxes hand textures that i guess he was planning to use, i added thoughse textures to the cs hands and now it looks pretty cool (still have 2 more to do the last 2 are kind of hard)

Darth_Kitty
10-27-2002, 03:12 AM
Hey guy's/ Back from a gig. Anyway's, Jamie, I changed some of the third person models. Also I changed the arm textures too. It's now snake's. But THANKS AGAIN FOR DOING THAT DUDE!!! WAY COOL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!:D

PerfectJamie
10-27-2002, 05:56 AM
hey np! i just dont want to se this mod die so easily :D if there is anything else that i can do tell me :)

Darth_Kitty
10-27-2002, 07:34 PM
Jamie. I found out why it seemed that it played a new animation. Becuase since the original model was a stun baton, and you added arms and hands, it appers that the player is stabing. I am going to experiment with the other models for the same type of effect.

Also I belive I found a good SOCOM pistol animation. I am going to changed the direction of the gun and see how it look's. But first I have to get that damn MD3 Viewer to see the UV'S! I hate that.

I am also redoing the Katana skin, it was just black but I looked at MGS's and their's is like yellow with brown.

Also everybody is slightly confused about this mod. No it will NOT die. At worst it will be released 2k3 and not this year. Also the mod is NOT Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 2: Son's of Liberty. This is a MG mod. It has the characters from thoses games but is not based on those stories. That's why it's called

Metal Gear: Tactical Espionage Action
(MG:TEA for short)

Thanks. Also if you have PM me and I haven't responded, I am sorry. My thingie closes for some damn reason. Sorry.

Darth_Kitty
10-29-2002, 03:00 AM
Well. I just got an Email from the dude that did the FF7 Bad guy model. So we may have someone. Also Jamie I am going to send you the newest 1st person models. I will also send you some pic's on were the player shall see them. That is if you have time. I am going to post a thread at the Mapping page. Hopefully get a mapper that's good. I will try to ask RichDiesel:D I hope he will.

I am fixing the Golan Arms so they have the same effect as the M16 grenade launcher. But more powerful.

KMan, is it possible to have my own personal thread? But in the Modeling forum?

Thanks.

PerfectJamie
10-29-2002, 07:12 AM
hey cool, i hope things work out :p

raiden668
10-29-2002, 04:00 PM
Moo.

samm666
10-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Moo? How interesting Mr. Cow:) . What are the polies on the weapon's like darth?

raiden668
10-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Don't Mock my Moo!! MOO!:mrt:

Covax
10-31-2002, 04:28 PM
:cool:

Also the mod is NOT Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 2: Son's of Liberty. This is a MG mod. It has the characters from thoses games but is not based on those stories.

Yea.. know the feeling. There's no point in trying to re-create a story (games in your case, movies in mine) when making a new 'chapter' makes more sense. Keep up the 'when it's done' policy, It's better to have a solid release than just another model replacement pack.

Anywho FYI Spehiroth_VII's working on his own FF mod.

Darth_Kitty
10-31-2002, 05:46 PM
OK. I got back from or tour. And yes Radien...I met him! I have to do more in Hollywood so I will be gone a few more days. Jamie and Radien, I leave my PC on so if you message me I wont respond cause I am downloading ( I hope it doen't go off while im gone!!!) I emailed Spehiroth_VII he says about 2-3 days to get it ingame. GREAT! Well have to go....

bye!

PerfectJamie
10-31-2002, 05:55 PM
great! everything is proseding as i have forseen........:lightning

Kururin
10-31-2002, 06:35 PM
What happened to November 11 :rolleyes: lol j/k

Thats fine only if you get it done!

raiden668
11-01-2002, 04:01 PM
sweet, Sean ^_^ and you don't havre to call me Raiden, you can call me Nick, y'know. Heh. and Jami, ir's spelled "Proceding"

raiden668
11-01-2002, 04:03 PM
well geeze, i'm one to talk about spelling..lookit those typos

Darth_Kitty
11-03-2002, 09:02 AM
I found out how to make it so that a player can choose a list of items to put on the models. So say you have Snake. But you want him with Sungalsses....well....now you can! Hehe, working on it still and trying to get it as a new menu. :D

PerfectJamie
11-03-2002, 09:42 AM
wow thats sweat! that makes possible to choose gray fox and have the face mask as an addon! :)

samm666
11-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Damned cool man, I'll be looking forward to this mod!

raiden668
11-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Sounds good, S..One idea..You kenw i'd say this: Raiden with Swimming Mask, Raiden without Swimming Mask ^^

raiden668
11-04-2002, 05:18 PM
speaking of..how's the raiden model coming?

{BK}SupremePain
11-04-2002, 06:08 PM
can i beta test this mod?

raiden668
11-05-2002, 03:25 PM
we already have a lot (too many, in my opinion) of Beta Testers..but it's up to Kitty.

raiden668
11-05-2002, 06:47 PM
bump

Darth_Kitty
11-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Yes. To many BT's. Sorry. Also, yes Nick, I aready considerd the Mask. The radien model has been slightly worked on. Don't worry. Um....sh8 what else.....I'll post back in a cople of minets

Darth_Kitty
11-05-2002, 10:36 PM
oh yeah.....I am making a new player modedl right now.....guess who....SHINOBI!

raiden668
11-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Shinobi? O.o..funky..Ninja vs. Shinobi! LOL.

samm666
11-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Mmmmm, shinobi. cool man.

Mmmmm, forbidden MGS MOD.
http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_family_homer.gif he he he.:)

Darth_Kitty
11-12-2002, 09:38 PM
Well. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on the mod. I have also been doing some research to. What type of research? Taking the mod to SOFII. I know. A big change but you guy's know why I am thinking such a thing. Most of the mod size is due to it's new weapons, gametypes and textures. All of those are being put in cause MGS is slightly realistic. JK is fantasy. So if I move the mod to SOFII, I won't have to do nearly 3/4 of the mod. I did all those things to make it realistic. Why do that when I can just import new models, new skins and new menus in a matter of weeks? Sure there would be no Ninja but hey, SOFII is fun as hell and it has all the animations. I am still thinking about it so don't go like..." Oh! So the mod is dead?" or " That sucks! Why did you change it!?!". I am still THINKING ABOUT IT.

Please, send postes regarding this thought. I need every thought.

If you don't have SOFII. I suggest you get a Creative Sound Blaster! Audigy 2 card. It comes with the card, SOFII and Hitman 2. That's what I got. I got it at Best Buy for only 80 bucks. Mostly because of the 30 dollar mail-in rebate. So sell your old one at half.com and get that card....IT IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway's I will still continue the mod...but a little bit more slowly. Also I found out when MGS2: Substance is coming to PC.....

FEB 20! 2K3!

Well that's it for now. I will be releasing some short mods for fun soon. One is a Rocky mod, VERY FUN! and the other is a Shinobi mod staring the new Ninja. That's also fun.

Well gtg. Bye.

Hellfire Jedi
11-12-2002, 09:50 PM
well im not sure about that cuz
i dont have 80 bux and i never will cuz im too young to buy it =/
Well if ur gonna work slower most of us are in the models so if some are ingame u think we could have maybe a couple to hold us off i know this wont die but with the SOF2 thign on mind it (*)might(*) die
sooo if someone agrees say so cuz all these models are so great and it would rock if they would be out just as a little thing to keep out minds off the mod cuz the models are GREAT!!!
Well i hope u do finish this mod for JKII cuz im poor no job no money (litterally to young :P) ok now hope u come to conclusion with this (make it for both games) cuz SOF2 players and JKII players will drop there jaws for it because you and ur team did all the work
*big breath shakes hands to get the fire off* ok hehe so reply to this
and when u think ur gonna release that ''Rocky'' mod sounds cool from the name boxing :D

Phizzle
11-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Well, what's the point of all of those models....SOF2 is a first person shooter

Unless you're making a third person mode

Hellfire Jedi
11-13-2002, 06:21 PM
But another FPS is JKII press p to toggle it... there u go

samm666
11-14-2002, 12:25 PM
well if you ask me i would STRONGLY suggest that you keep doing it for JKII, maybe not the whole MOD as it may be too much for you, i can understand that, but like just, bring out the weapons and the skins etc.

P.s. Hellfire Jedi, good to see you again!:p

Hellfire Jedi
11-14-2002, 04:13 PM
lol u too ;)
I agree with Samm make most the things for SOFII work on a conversion and a few models make it small if ur not planning on diong hard stuff cuz its mianly gonna be SOFII

samm666
11-14-2002, 06:21 PM
well i dont agree with SOFII idea cos i dont have it:p but at least please release some stuff un JKII!

Gen_Blade
11-15-2002, 05:07 PM
i hope u realse it for Outcast ,, because of it's lack of good mods,,

samm666
11-16-2002, 08:42 AM
LOL yeah I agree totally on that, its quite an easy game to do simple modding on so there're alot of n00b's doing crappy mods which serve no real purpose.

PerfectJamie
11-16-2002, 08:55 AM
man i too dont have SOF 2 (got the audigy card but no bundles came with it :() I'm shure all the work you put into outcast makes a great mod already :) mabe SOF 2 later on (when i get it :p)

samm666
11-19-2002, 06:07 PM
no-one has posted in aaaaaaaaaaaages, is something going on that i dont know about?

raiden668
11-19-2002, 11:58 PM
hm..

samm666
11-20-2002, 05:05 PM
what does hmm... mean? does it mean "hm.. sam does not know of my devilish behavior of which i killed everyone on lucas forums except him, how extremly devilish of me...... BWA HA HA HA."

is that what you meant Nick?

raiden668
11-20-2002, 07:49 PM
no, I mean't "Hm.." As in thinking about something..Precisely what I was thinking, is that it IS rather odd..Sean's never on MSN anymore..He's not posted here..But, I CAN tell you why that is..He told me shortly before he left..He and his band are on tour.

samm666
11-21-2002, 05:18 PM
ohh that kinda hmm

ohh thats where he is

ohh still dont know where everyone else is apart from me and you, this is very strange.

raiden668
11-21-2002, 07:40 PM
They're around, just haven't posted here..I saw that lightsaber mod you made, by the way..No offense, but you are a little full of yourself..it's one thing to say you're proud of your work..but it's another thing entirely to claim that yours is better then anyone elses..ah well..no helping some people..and I can't sya much, all I can do is skin.

samm666
11-22-2002, 03:29 PM
was that on the forum or jk2files commenting on that guys saber? if so im sorry to everyone who takes offence to me, but i tend to get a little full of myself in a bad mood. and seen as thats the only mod i have ever made its kinda lame of me i know. but did you like it anyway nick?

raiden668
11-22-2002, 06:13 PM
JK2files..It was okay..Interesting idea. *shrug* Only thing i've ever made is onn the forums in the skinning section of the showcase gallery, heh, "Flight-Suit Kyle"

samm666
11-23-2002, 07:21 AM
LOL, i might go and have a look.:)

(still no one around)

samm666
11-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Also have you noticed this entire page is just our convo? I wonder how long we can make it last.lol.

WOOOHOO I just noticed I'm a pit droid, how cool..... *sniff*

Ohh and when did Darth_Kitty the supreme master say he was coming back? Is he like a major rockstar and i just havent noticed?

ohh and you know, the wierdest thing just happened, i was posting this reply (minus this para) and it made a new thread called "hmmm" which was very strange.

here is "hmmm" (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=922452#post922452)

Mex
11-23-2002, 08:21 AM
Samm, read the rules, dont post dumb useless threads, and then post links to it! Duhh! :barf:samm666

Anyways.. Back to the subject

Err, any updates?!
:confused: :confused:

samm666
11-23-2002, 09:41 AM
hey didnt YOU read my post, i didnt mean to, it was an accident. ive have deleted it already. if you ask me your the dumb one if you thought i mean to post the thread.

samm666
11-23-2002, 09:50 AM
and also if you read, idiot, sean is on tour so i doubt there we be any updates for a while.

Mex
11-23-2002, 09:55 AM
Pffft, up yours idiot, I dont get in flame wars you n00b!

Anyways, I didnt want to read pages and pages to see if sean is on holiday, now STFU and get back to the subject :mad:

samm666
11-23-2002, 02:55 PM
well seen as you replied to me, that is in my books instigating a flame war, but whatever, i'll just ignore you.

and what makes you think im a n00b? thats just stereotypical arrogance.

Mex
11-23-2002, 03:41 PM
You said you was ignoring me, so why should I say?

[And the MGS2 mod is going well :) I read the other pages]

samm666
11-23-2002, 03:53 PM
sorry, i meant that i will ignore the flame war, but we are civilised and have no need to be childish.

raiden668
11-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Shut it, you two, you're gunna get the site shut down..No updates really, as Sean ahsbeen on tour, thusly he can't work on the mod..As soon as he gets back we're going to work on a "press release" of sorts (he and I, not you,In case it's not obvious)..I would have stepepd in sooner but i've been busy with my own editing..Anyway..Stop being idiots, If you gotta have a pissing contets, do it somewhere else. -_-

samm666
11-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Sorry, it's settled now anyway.:)

raiden668
11-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Don't do it again..Some news..Sean should be back after Saturday..After that, we'll have some more work, and will probobly make our press release. S'all for now.

PerfectJamie
11-29-2002, 07:32 PM
cool! i hope to see him soon :)

PerfectJamie
12-03-2002, 08:47 AM
so where is darth kitty? nobody seams to be here any more

raiden668
12-03-2002, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure if he meant the saturday that just passed, or this coming..but either way, He should be back soon.

Dark Panther
12-07-2002, 06:37 PM
I am Dark Panther, a wanderer from Gamewinners forums, I have stumbled across your mod, and wish to test it. For a loner mod creator, things seem to be going well for you. I am a newbie modeler, but my playing and rating skills are as developed as any. When you return, Darth-Kitty, I hope you mod is finished and ready to be tested, and I hope you accept me as a tester.

Hellfire Jedi
12-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the forums Dark Panther!!
Please enjoy your stay,
And remember lunches aren't free ;)

Hellfire

samm666
12-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Damn, I miss those free lunch days, and the pie, oooohh the pie.

raiden668
12-11-2002, 08:35 PM
we alerady have mroe then enough beta testers. too bad.

raiden668
12-13-2002, 08:39 PM
News from Darth_Kitty: The mod is going to be delayed a bit more, because he and his brother have a contract to make a game..They've got to finish it soon, so..Yeah.

Darth_Kitty
12-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Yes. Sorry. But our band is more important and the game me and bro are working on is also VERY IMPORTANT. It sucks I know.....:( :( :( :( Oh well....that's life huh?

raiden668
01-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Some bad news..The mod looks like it won't be finished..Konami has contacted Sean and told him to stop making it.

Shadow D.A.N
01-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Nooooooooo god why :crybaby:

what about the models can we still use them?

Azrael
01-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What? Oh, that is so gay. I hate corporations.

samm666
01-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Ohh fecking arse feck farcking bugger.... Will anything be released? QUICK QUICK! Post all the files on here so we all can run off with them and distribute them!

Ohh and how the hell did they find out?

PerfectJamie
01-06-2003, 05:52 PM
its a lie! its a lie! its a lie!!!!!!!!!!!isnt it?:confused:

Azrael
01-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Maybe you could change the names or something. You could have like "Stocked Snack" and "Gravy Fart." "Mulchin' Maven." "Snipper Poof." "Revolving Accident." "Lippy Spank." "Lick 'em Shantis." That could work. Right?

Darth_Kitty
01-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Don't worry! I'll think of something!......I hope.....:(

I'll probluly release the milkshaped models though. If they let me do that! Someone else has the snake model in ms3d format....wink wink.....Perfect......J....:D

Lord Tnuc
01-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Technically, I don't think they can really do anything if all you're doing is making a mod for your own and other's entertainment, and getting nothing in return. At least, I think that's how it is. I'm sure you could continue making it and distribute it among your close friends in the JKII editing forum community(which is all of us, of course), considering it's like copying a video tape. Making one for yourself is fine, as well as making one for others. Making one for someone who pays you, isn't okay. I hope you find something out that will help in the production of this mod. It seems great.

ksk h2o
01-07-2003, 05:19 AM
Bummer! :(

I didn't see their letter to you but I'm thinking was their concern was over a "mod" and probably not over the models themselves.

You could point them to the links of the numerous snake/grayfox/otacon/ocelot models for Q2, Q3, UT, etc. that are out there and let them know that you have no intention of infinging any of their copyrights or reap any profits of the models. I don't think they would care much about you releasing the player models. Legally speaking, there is no precedent for such instances... can a player model be called "fan art?" Maybe.

You are allowed to create art based on their cracters as long as you do it without any commercial interests. It is their characters with their copyright, but there are numerous drawings sketches that these characters inspired. After all your intentions are quite noble and not commercial in nature. They may not like a game playing like a game of their own, the TC or mod might piss them off, but I don't think they would mind much about MP skins, models bsing relesaed... I hope.

If all else fails you could start a petition and ask people to sign up, asking them to let you release the models and state you have no commercial goals whatsoever... blah blah blah.

:)

samm666
01-07-2003, 10:46 AM
That is true. And I think that It would be a good idea.

What exactly did Konami say?

Higgi
01-07-2003, 04:39 PM
They can't do tht :swear:! You been puttin so much effort to complete this and when u r near the end they say no! Any way ksk h2o is right about the fan art. I say u just release it anyway.

Darth_Kitty
01-08-2003, 01:12 AM
They siad just about this....

Blah blah blah...You MUST stop making the modification immediitly..bla blah blah.......pocecute.....blah blah Copyrighted Characters...blah blah..

So in short, STOP OR WELL SUE. Like I siad, ILL THINK OF SOMETHING!!!

bYE.........
:confused: :eek: :bdroid2: :fett: :jawa

Darth_Kitty
01-08-2003, 01:13 AM
They siad just about this....

Blah blah blah...You MUST stop making the modification immediitly..bla blah blah.......pocecute.....blah blah Copyrighted Characters...blah blah..

So in short, STOP OR WELL SUE. Like I siad, ILL THINK OF SOMETHING!!!

bYE.........
:confused: :eek: :bdroid2: :fett: :jawa

Lord Tnuc
01-08-2003, 01:17 AM

I seriously don't think they can do a thing as long as you're not making money. Like someone else said (maybe in another thread) that it's just basically fanart. You are basically doing 3d fanart. You're not making any money whatsoever.

Edit: Yup..it was in this thread that "fanart" was used. Sorry, I was doing major multitasking.

Wes Marrakesh
01-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Also, could you post the letter? There's almost always a loophole, like what Tnuc said. Might not be a loophole but I thought you only violated copyrights if you made money off of it...

Grey Fox
01-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Like Azrael said you could change the name of the characters and even change the title of ur mod if necessary,

I didn't expect ur mod to be prohibited by konami... if that doesn't work

Finish ur mod and Distribute it to the community secretly but be sure to change the names of the models

Norrec Vizharan
01-08-2003, 08:40 PM
They cannot Legally do ANYTHING to you if you are making no money from it (brother is a police detective)

Green Hornet
01-08-2003, 09:14 PM
hello,
i doubt that they can sue you for anything. think about it! im no law master mind but i think they actually have to lose money for them to sue. since your not getting any money and since they arent losing any money (jk2 isnt their game at all) they can do nothing. i made a map based on The Rock and nobody did anything to me (http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=087408522c31eeb1f982bc0eaf81d35f). keep going. id like to see them try to sue someone making models for a star wars game.

toolboi
01-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Im not a lawyer, but I do know that not only can they sue you, but they can also take all the work that you have done and claim it as their own.
A certain movie/videogame company *coughlucasartscough* is notorious for doing this to amateur mod makers. There were several very good looking Starwars maps for UT which were shut down by them.

Remember, you may be legally in the right, but it doesnt matter because they have more money than you.

Of course, the question is whether Konami would actually do anything if you ignored them.

Green Hornet
01-13-2003, 05:27 PM
how can they sue him? you have to lose money to try to get some from other people.

if they can sue someone for making a model of a character then they can sue someone for drawing a piscture of the character and posting it on the internet. . . they can sue people for saying the characters name (well maybe not that far)

Darth_Kitty
01-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Technilly they can sue me. Just like LucasArts can sue a JKII modder. Because when every mod is created with a character from sa diffrent game it is breaking copyright laws. I looked into it. My dad wont let me continue right now cause of it. I'll think of someway to at least release a model or two.;)

Wes Marrakesh
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Technically can't you rename them and absolve yourself from legalities?

_NinjaGaiden_
02-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Darth Kitty... pass the model along to me ill finish it then for ya :) ill pm you with my email

raiden668
03-03-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm back, hooray.. Been busy with my duties at jk2files.com (hint hint)..

Anyway.. I'll handle the files and such, as far a spubbing them. Heh.

samm666
03-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Are you sure you are staff? I thought you were sacked?

Well you ain't on the staff list anyhow.

Dark Panther
03-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Hey, you know you can publish the gun models, since they cannot have a copyright over the guns, since they did not make the guns, and they cannot sue for you making them into the game. You just have to call them something different. That's what Goldeneye did...and it worked.

Darth_Kitty
03-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Just e-mail me when it's done ok? :)

Darth_Kitty
04-17-2003, 08:34 AM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................................... ...........

Does MG: Sons of Freedom sound like a good name? What about just Snake?

In a way I never killed the mod. When JKIII comes out I may (NOTE "MAY") do a revival and somehow...bring it back?

Konami has release there game now for the PC. :p BUT still the problem is that my models have a "likeness" of Snake and Co.

I will ask around and see if I can just upload the ms3d files.

Of course than again, Perfect Jamie has Snake too so maybe he can do it. :D

dekerd
04-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Technilly they can sue me. Just like LucasArts can sue a JKII modder. Because when every mod is created with a character from sa diffrent game it is breaking copyright laws. I looked into it. My dad wont let me continue right now cause of it. I'll think of someway to at least release a model or two.;)

So, do you honestly believe that Konami is going to track you down and sue you? Come on, at the most, I think that they would simply contact what site you uploaded it to and tell them to take them off, which, considering how many licensed characters are made into models for games (JKII, The Sims, etc.), that seems unlikely. I doubt there will be any swat teams showing up at your door.

-=DarkZero=-
04-17-2003, 11:58 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................................... ...........

Does MG: Sons of Freedom sound like a good name? What about just Snake?

In a way I never killed the mod. When JKIII comes out I may (NOTE "MAY") do a revival and somehow...bring it back?

Konami has release there game now for the PC. :p BUT still the problem is that my models have a "likeness" of Snake and Co.

I will ask around and see if I can just upload the ms3d files.

Of course than again, Perfect Jamie has Snake too so maybe he can do it. :D
Did they release MGS2 for pc!?!
And why don't you just release the models and stuff without the mod,and maybe some guns >.>Ahem(famas pgs and socom) :D

Darth_Kitty
04-18-2003, 12:05 PM
But Like I said dude, it's the likeness they can get you for. And I really don't wanna take a chance to see if they will sue or not. :D

-=DarkZero=-
04-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Damn...
Well What about the grayfox model?
Why don't you just ask them for permission to do the models only,then secretly make the Mod,and only send to those who you can trust;)
Like me -coughs-
And a raiden model would be sweet too-hint hint-

SkiTzoGuy
04-18-2003, 11:37 PM
well can't you go ask for permission? if so that would be very good.:)

Master Dark Bla
05-04-2003, 07:26 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick but this does me sicker:mad: But konami doesnt have copyright on the weapons so you can just release them as a weapon mod. MGS models has been realeased before so that may be legal. Multiplayer models to singleplayer is also legal. And konami cant have copyrights on modding so you can release that too. So if you upload those files as different mods and models: ITS MUCH MORE LEGAL:D lol

dekerd
05-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I think we're taking this coyright infringment thing way too seriously. We're gamers making models for games. We're not running some bootleg operation here, it's art work. It's the same as drawing a picture of Snake, uploading it to a website, and letting others download it. I'm sure Konami has much bigger issues on their hands. I think we're placing a little too much importance on the impact of these models. There won't be any repercussions whether you release it or not, so you might as well release it.

RaSiN_HeCk
05-04-2003, 10:33 PM
if this helps clear up anything, people made a Snake skin at jk2files, so what's the difference if you make a model?

Wudan
05-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Actually, some companies prefer Mods and have a Mod-Friendly stance - such as CapCom, who allows full use of their characters and intellectual properties for Mod-creation.

Has anyone checked with Konami's stance towards mods? It is a safe bet that they don't tolerate them, but it is always best to check, and then adjust your actions accordingly.

Konami doesn't own intellectual property on a lot of their stuff, such as the concept of an elite soldier, or even a ninja with high-tech armaments.

They don't even own the copyright on super-mech-style robots.

All of this is easily arguable as fair-use.

However, because you are a small operation, as all mods are, you are forced to avoid the probing legal eye.

For one, don't use the Metal Gear name. There's about a million cooler names that will still evoke the sense of espionage and intrigue. Just think, you should focus on the style of gameplay first. EVEN IF you were able to use the Metal Gear name, if you didn't have that style of gameplay, you wouldn't have achieved your true goal.

Unless your true goal was to have the Metal Gear name associated with your mod, that is. I guess it really depends how you look at it. You should really just focus on atmosphere and gameplay.

RaSiN_HeCk
05-05-2003, 11:42 PM
man, you sound all smart like y'know?

if Capcom lets everyone use their stuff why haven't I seen any good Street Fighter models = /

Wudan
05-07-2003, 12:16 PM
If I knew how to model, I'd be all over the Akuma model.

I'd even make a new 'energy-thing' animation for him.

kerocool
05-07-2003, 12:56 PM
hows it goin with the models??

The Last Jedi
05-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Thats crazy. I dont believe it. They actually told you to stop making it. That's the stupidest thing I've heard any cooporation do. The thing would be like an ad for their game. M.G.S. 2 is a really cool game and he's an incredible character.

Darth_Kitty
05-21-2003, 01:42 PM

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100112

Darth_Kitty
06-17-2003, 09:08 AM
yeah...I ALWAYS try to make something better on the models. Here's Snake from MGS. You may remember my old one (http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/u...l_stars_lol.jpg) but heres the new one. And it's only 3743 polys.

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11463.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11462.jpg

Darth_Kitty
06-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Heheh sorry,

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/all_stars_lol.jpg

lol

Darth_Kitty
06-22-2003, 07:08 AM
We're not running some bootleg operation here

Uh...sure...were not... *Anime Sweat*

Hellfire Jedi
06-22-2003, 11:41 AM
I hope you know, if your planning on putting that in jk2, make hte polycount 3000 so when people use it they don't lag. Thanks.

The Cheat
06-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Wow this model looks awesome. I dont really play metal gear solid, but i cant wait to add this one to my collection of non star wars files

Flamehart
07-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Hrmm regarding this pic here:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11463.jpg

Shouldn't the knee pad on the left (his left) knee actually be ON the knee and not above it? Just wondering, otherwise great model so far. Also on that picture it looks a bit like his torso is sliding off his waise. Good job so far.

Darth_Kitty
07-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Yeah, in the model itself, that's not there. That's just cause it was a Promo Shot. hehe Sorry. :D

Flamehart
07-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Ah, ok, that makes sense. It just appeared weird at first and the first thing that came through my head when I saw it was Raiden accidently hit him with the sword in MGS2 lol.

Darth_Kitty
07-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Here is Big Boss and this is a WAY early version of Meryl Silverburgh. STILL WAY WIP.

Big Boss is a little updated than these shots but nothing big.

Enjoy! http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12019.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12008.jpg

Miko Reglia
07-24-2003, 06:23 AM
i like the mgs solid snake over the newer one from the new game, but thats just me;)

Darth_Kitty
07-24-2003, 07:36 AM
WIP still. This is the updated version...doesn't look like she was beaten :P

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12027.jpg

And the updated Snake model. This has been update for a while...just haven't posted it...

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12028.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
07-24-2003, 01:34 PM
I can talk to KevinCoyle about putting those in-game for you? He is really generous and a ALL OUT nice guy.

Miko Reglia
07-24-2003, 04:40 PM
where is kevin anyway?

he sorta dissapeared again...:confused:

Darth_Kitty
07-24-2003, 05:23 PM
That would be great Hell. I have had them in once about a year ago, but these are way updated. VampireHunterD was my original importer, but he left and then someone else, but they left too. Anyway's. Cool. Snake is updated again, and so is Big Boss. I will post shots soon.

Darth_Kitty
07-25-2003, 03:09 AM
The Big Boss we know and love...Outer Heaven version...WIP...

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12035.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12034.jpg

Darth_Kitty
08-05-2003, 10:30 AM
SNAKE IS IN! W00T! Thanks all!

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12147.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12146.jpg

Darth_Kitty
08-05-2003, 10:30 AM
SNAKE IS IN! W00T! Thanks all!

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12147.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12146.jpg

Darth_Kitty
08-07-2003, 07:39 AM
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12167.jpg

-=DarkZero=-
08-07-2003, 12:27 PM
I'd say that the skin could use a little work, but the model is kick ass!

Darth_Kitty
08-09-2003, 09:52 AM
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12176.jpg

-=DarkZero=-
08-10-2003, 09:01 PM
I still say a little more detail done to the clothes of the skin, not as much with the face and head.

KMan
08-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, needs much more work, and the skin is overly yellow.

You gonna release an SDK for skinners (like me)?