PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo model in progress

Major Clod
08-25-2002, 03:00 AM
I felt like making a new model for JK2, and I decided what better than to make a Han Solo model to go along with my Chewbacca model. He will come with both standard vest and shirt, as well with the ESB jacket. I'll also include a DL-44 model to replace the Bryar pistol.

Han Solo 1 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han01.jpg)
Han Solo 2 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han02.jpg)
Han Solo 3 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han03.jpg)
Han Solo 4 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han04.jpg)

As always, let me know what you think. I'll try and get him weighted to the skeleton tonight, so I can get you guys some more screens, hopefully ingame.

Toonces
08-25-2002, 03:03 AM
Major, your too damn good, stop making models!!! ;)

Looks fantastic, I look forward to seeing him in game, gotta replace Jan and Kyle in SP now heh

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com
Powered by Sith :lightning

Kit Fisto
08-25-2002, 03:04 AM
wow, that looks awsome. I love your models dude, keep up the fantastic work.

monsoontide
08-25-2002, 03:21 AM
Looks like a good resemblance - it can be really hard to get the models faces to look like the character (See how many iterations Tercero has been through with his Anakin model).

So sppart from getting the model weighted, what else still needs doing?

Monsoontide

告th Lord
08-25-2002, 03:32 AM
You are too awesome!! I have some CC though. I think his eyes are too big. (noticed it especially in the 4th shot) try to slim thim down a little ( like he's squinting alittle more, it looks like he had about 5 cups of coffee in the 4th shot) and maybe have him with a more serious look on his face rather than the half smirk. all in all this is one of the greatest models I've seen

Please get him ingame soon, Im still crushed over the loss of the tusken raider :(

you know, I think you would be the first person to release a new weapon to JKII unless VampireHunterD beats you with his ig-88 gun model.

Luuke
08-25-2002, 07:15 AM
wow, that's cool!!! i always wondered why nobody did a han solo model, and now we get him in Hoth gear AND in his regular outfit. and this model is really great!!!

Darth2Tyranus
08-25-2002, 07:32 AM
this model looks great and will be a definate download when completed:)

:lsduel:

duncan_2001
08-25-2002, 07:39 AM
Great Model and fantastic likeness!

I was trying out your Jar Jar model in a single player level which looks great but he doesn't lip synch. Any chance you could update the model?

Rekked
08-25-2002, 07:56 AM
I can only say that your're doing the most amazing job. I never liked tuskens, but when i saw your model, i had to love them! now you show us the perfect model for han solo... great!

Arco
08-25-2002, 07:58 AM
Right oh a VERY good likeness there. but I think the skin needs work overall. The face skin itself needs some more refinement... sharpen it up and also I would add in some different hues... for shadows you want light blues and then for places like cheeks reds... this can be done with a simple softlight overlay and will get rid of the dark horible bits on the shadows on the face.

The clothes need to be sorted as well... they don't have a feeling of cloth... just a texture on top. You need to add in some definate creases and shadows where shadows would be. Also the leather parts need brighter higlights to make em more... um... leather like.

But really that is an AMAZING likeness just needs an injection of realisem. great work.

Arco:deathii:

Arco
08-25-2002, 08:21 AM
ok so to ilustrate my point i have done a little paint over (hope you don't mind) basically adding in some sharper highlights and shadows (with a one pixel airbrush) making the eyebrows more defined and then adding in the lightblues and reds on a softlight layer. Oh yeah and also adding in shadow on the eyes giving them more depth. I think my little changes make him look much more realistic. But I have to say your skin is a very acurate skin indeed!

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/han-arco-face.jpg

Arco
:deathii:

keo718
08-25-2002, 09:06 AM
You're good. A bit of competition between you and Oddjob. I look forward to that Tusken Raider too.

dreamer
08-25-2002, 10:24 AM
ok I'm stunned! u r amazing! he looks just like han solo! and all was painted! thats amazing! pls teach me how to make skins that look so much like the charaters! I find it hard to paint on a stretched out face map and at the same time visualize what it would look like once its wrapped back on the model

Araegon
08-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Dude! RELEASE THIS!!!!!! must download!!!!!!!!!! MUST!!!!!!!!
this has got to be the best han solo model i've ever seen, along with the great details on the skin! great! rock on dude!

Pnut_Man
08-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Damn..that is an AWESOME Model...

And replacing the bryar pistol will be another convient action as well ;)

Major Clod
08-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Arco: I've taken into account your comments and worked on his face some more. Although it is still not complete, and neither are the other skins, I think it does look better. However, with the eyes, I do not know how well I will be able to shade them, considering they will be movable. The shading will move when the eye moves, which might not look so good. Skinning is probably my biggest weakness out of modelling, skinning and animating models, so its always good to get tips like that to help improve my work.

告th Lord: I've changed the eyes, and the mouth was only moved for the fourth shot. At the moment his normal expression is what you see on the shot in this post. The Tusken Raider will be released, I didn't do all that work for nothing. :)

duncan_2001: Unfortunately I cannot give Jar Jar lipsync, as his facial features are in completely different places to the bones that are given for the facial animations. I could possibly try to move the bones, but I don't know how well the animations would work if I did that.

Han Solo 5 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han05.jpg)

Rex_Raptor__
08-25-2002, 11:34 AM
It looks Great!

SpYzEr
08-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Holy Sh*t! When i first saw this my jaw dropped! Great work Major Clod!

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
08-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Looks great. A little suggestion, maybe lighten the shading by his nose. That would really give it a realistic feel. Anyway, good job.

funny_dude0
08-25-2002, 12:03 PM
He still looks a tad bit too happy.

BradFu
08-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Very nice! I love the classic Han lopsided grin!

Arco
08-25-2002, 12:22 PM
ok thats more like it. Getting there indeed... yay! If you ever need any help skinning don't hesitate to ask.

告th Lord
08-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Awesome, much better. I do agree with Arco that the clothes need a little work

nomad
08-25-2002, 04:30 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!

Excellent looking likeness. Major Clod, your models are wonderful.
That you are going to do the Blastech Pistol model is even Greater news!! (I still cannot believe that has not been doen yet!)
Thank you so much once again!! :D

-nomad

May the force be with you.

Sivy
08-25-2002, 05:11 PM
it looks great and i'm glad you are doing a esb jacket as i think that is the best outfit. don't forget his scar on his chin

ReIIiK
08-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Awsome model, another Clod classic in the works.

Gram_Reaper
08-25-2002, 07:13 PM
Nice Job major clod. It looks exactly like Han. Hey do you have any pics of the D-LL Blastech to show us?

SithMaster01
08-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Well this ranks right up there with Tercero's Anakin!

(by the way Jessman your avatar is just sick!)lol

oddjob: A-Team
08-25-2002, 07:41 PM
Wow, very nice work.

Now you all know why I chose the Hoth Han... Less likely that there was one being worked on. :)

I had better get back to my Han now...

SithMaster01
08-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Can't wait for either of them!

Deetox187
08-25-2002, 08:53 PM
that is absolutley kickass, looks just like him. (i like the grin)

Flavid
08-25-2002, 09:40 PM
That looks great!
Very nice work, I'm surprised no body made tis earlier...

Keep up the good work

t3rr0r
08-25-2002, 10:16 PM
wow clod, looks wonderful so far. can't wait to see a screen of bespin han. :D

MikeAndTheBots
08-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
wow clod, looks wonderful so far. can't wait to see a screen of bespin han. :D
Whoa, didn't think I'd see you here :D

Yeah but the model is great. I mean it's a great likeness of Harrison Ford.

t3rr0r
08-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Whoa, didn't think I'd see you here :D
vice versa. :D

anyway, is there going to be a carbonite version too? i don't see why not, since you'll probably make the exterior clothing surfaceable.

Araegon
08-26-2002, 07:13 PM
as much has i already love this model, i was looking at the latest picture and i saw one thing that you should (if you want) change.

his vest is basically on the same hight as his shirt, but the vest it self is most likely half a centimeter thick, so just to make it more realistic, maybe you should make the vest a little thicker.
just a thought ;)

STEVEMFRED
08-27-2002, 09:01 AM
holly cow thats awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Dark_One
08-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Will the model be very different ingame?? Because it looks like a picture. Good job ;)

nomad
08-29-2002, 02:25 AM
I was wondering... when you release the blaster pistol, will you also include a mod that makes the blasts that shoot out red?
The ROTJ Bowcaster mod already does this for the Bowcaster, so that it fires red blasts, as true to the movies.
I, for one, hope that you can accomplish that.
Best of luck, and thank you for your great contributions. :)

-nomad

Also, I know you usually do the sounds for your own models well in advance, but if you would like or need any sounds for Han, please let me know.
I grab the sounds directly from laserdisc and have already made a nice soundpack for Arco's old Han Skin.

Darth2Tyranus
08-29-2002, 06:01 AM
nomad i agree that red blaster shots would be cool with a han solo model

Major Clod
08-29-2002, 07:42 AM
Just got a screenshot of the Blastech DL-44 ingame. The blaster bolts will be red, and I will most likely change the sounds of the Bryar as well. Note that there will be a hand holding the gun, so it won't look stupid just floating in the air.

Blastech DL-44 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/blastech.jpg)

Darth2Tyranus
08-29-2002, 07:46 AM
that looks great major clod,oh bye the way will you realase the blaster before the model or at the same time?

Edward Peretti
08-29-2002, 09:15 AM
The likeness has been captured well. The eyes still look a little strange. This is the most delicate area of any model. Have you added some shadow at the bottom of the eyeball? If so, best thing to do is to move it to the top for a more natural effect. Also try to tone down on the texture of the materials for the clothing especially around the pants. Try to distinguish different types of material.

nice one!

Gram_Reaper
08-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Oh my GOsh, joy overload. Tha blaster looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Sorry my bad. too excited to read right. Thanks for pointing out my shortcoming addilion.

adillon
08-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Gram_Reaper
are you mgoing to make the blast from it red?

Originally posted by Major Clod
The blaster bolts will be red

and it was only 3 posts up ... hmm.

nomad
08-29-2002, 05:25 PM
The blaster looks great Major Clod!
I can't believe you're shooting at Chewie! ;)

Cool, I figured you would go and change the blaster colors, and that's a good idea to change the sound too.

Everything is looking excellent so far.

-nomad

Fanboy_Solo
08-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth2Tyranus
that looks great major clod,oh bye the way will you realase the blaster before the model or at the same time?

I was just about to ask the same thing. If the blaster gets finished earlier, I think I'm not the only one dying to use the Dl-44 instead of the bryar.

D.L.
09-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Great looking model!

The blaster looks perfect. Good job.

blacklabfx
09-04-2002, 01:17 AM
bump

jaybiggspr
09-04-2002, 06:15 AM
bump, hump, stump on a log,
hump your leg just like a dog,
when hes done, your pants all sogg,
ring around the rosie!

:barf2:

Arco
09-04-2002, 09:21 AM
hmmm veeeery nice dude. So yeah only problem I see with the blaster is that I can see the trigger and yet no finger. It just looks weird to me. I would lower it a bit and pull it back... yep indeed i'm an old hand at weapon replacements and yours is looking veeeeeery nice. Can't wait.

Major Clod
09-04-2002, 09:53 AM
There is a hand holding the gun, well there wasnt in that screen, but I put one in shortly after. I will try and get some new screens up soon, and I am thinking of releasing the blaster beforehand, as it is basically done now, just needs a little bit of polishing.

Andy867
09-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Hey Major, I remember seeing a WIP from you about Legolas. I was wondering if you planned on finishing him after Han? cuz from just the early screenshots, the model looked promising.

Major Clod
09-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I am considering doing legolas. The model wasn't really for JK2, actually it wasn't for any game in particular, but it wouldn't be too hard to port it to JK2. I'll think about it and see waht happens. Right now I've joined an unannouced project for the latest unreal engine, so I'll see how time treats me.

Andy867
09-04-2002, 10:42 AM
Geez, EVERYone is going to Unreal... Raven had better do something, release a new Star Wars game with a better engine (Unreal perhaps :D).. FIrst Kinja, then I heard VolrathXP is going, Now Major Clod? MAN!!!.. But, its not like I can't see WHY... after reading up all about it, it sounds like an engine I could work with to make something, and I never make anything, cept doctored images (especially for P.E. in HS, and for Jedi Knight screens of models and skins, and how I would make them if I had any real skinning or modeling skills.

Anyway, I hope ya do make Legolas for JK2...

Major Clod
09-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Okay, here are some shots of the pretty much final blastech model. Will most likely release it soon.

First Person (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/blastech01.jpg)

Third Person (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/blastech02.jpg)

Andy867
09-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Hey Major, are you SURE you don't want to say for JK2, even with Unreal's new engine :D... PLLEEEASSEE?? lol... We need SOME modelers/skinners/modders/mappers to stay behind!

Eets
09-04-2002, 12:10 PM
PLEEEASSSEEEE Clod!

Please stay with JKII, at least for a few more models!

Your work is some of the best I've ever seen. Your attention to detail is unparalelled! Staaaaaayy!!

MaceWindu779
09-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I read that you are going to unreal ..... but i was wondering if before you do if you would plz make a Mace Windu Model... i found one being made but the author has disappeared so its probably going to never show... PLEASE make one you are an awesome modeler i would really appericaite it

Darth-Nasty
09-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by MaceWindu779
but the author has disappeared

No new posts for a week and suddenly you've "dissapeared" even when they've said there wont be many updates cos they are busy

Originally posted by MaceWindu779
so its probably going to never show...

have some faith. people dont make models so that they can stop making them when they are 80% done.

the people on these forums have no pateince

Arco
09-04-2002, 02:07 PM
well that looks great now clod. Good one! On the unreal thing... I will move to that due to the better things that can be done with it. I may do a few more skins for jk2 (like some for mods etc) but really it's coming to an end now cos I am so bored of star wars skins!

keo718
09-04-2002, 02:09 PM
I read that you are going to unreal ..... but i was wondering if before you do if you would plz make a Mace Windu Model... i found one being made but the author has disappeared so its probably going to never show... PLEASE make one you are an awesome modeler i would really appericaite it

LOL.... I've seen you on a couple of threads/forums with this request. Believe me, alot of people want Mace Windu done. I too was dissapointed how the other project turned out. Clod, I'm not sure if you said your leaving JK2 as far as modeling but I hope not, you've done some excellent work. I really pray that you complete the Tusken Raider model too. But should you decide to leave, I must thank you for the models you have done. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

TUX
09-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Wow MC. Do you live next to Harrison Ford or something? The mouth and nose are perfect! I can't wait to replace that stupid Bryar pistol. The Blastech also looks GREAT!

Thanks for all the hard work this obviously was (is). I can't wait!

Xyphox
09-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Clod sweet work, before you go to unreal could you hand the tusken model to someone else cuz it's sweet.

Xyphox
09-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey Clod sweet work, before you go to unreal could you hand the tusken model to someone else cuz it's sweet.

Darsha_x1
09-04-2002, 08:51 PM
clod what about your tuskin rader model ,is it dead ?

告th Lord
09-04-2002, 09:09 PM
The Tusken Raider will be released, I didn't do all that work for nothing. :)

Uber Sith
09-05-2002, 07:53 AM
Han Solo rocks....And the DL-44 to...thats just to good

Clod. your tribute has been amazing man we all cant thank you enough. or for that case want you to leave hehehe

:D:D:D:D:D

If you do goto unreal....one model i thought you would really do well in is either a

Geonosis Padme!!!!!!, Zam Wessel, or even a Geonosian

We all admit it.... your one of the best around here :D

KuBaN
09-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Call me picky, but one of those lines goin down his face from nose to cheak, one is longer than the other... unless that's just the sideways view and/or his face.

and do you plan on puttin any facial hair on him, if I recall he looked a lil more rugged :p

_NinjaGaiden_
09-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey Major i was wondering if you had time to make a good ninja model..... if you can please respond to this post :cool:

im sorry i dont have many pics but almost everyone know what a ninja looks like http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/ninja_art/pic_ninjaart05.jpg

If Possible make the clothing look like this pic except black
http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/ninja3/p_n3_05.jpg

here is another reference pic
http://www.entertheninja.com/multi_media/ninja_pictures/images/pic_ninjawarriors.jpg

Xyphox
09-08-2002, 10:26 PM
There was a nice ninja skin at jk2.net, I forget what it was called. But that was a long time ago, you could try looking there, I'm not sure if it's still there or not.

Major Clod
09-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Call me picky, but one of those lines goin down his face from nose to cheak, one is longer than the other... unless that's just the sideways view and/or his face.

and do you plan on puttin any facial hair on him, if I recall he looked a lil more rugged :P

Look closely at some Harrison Ford pictures, especially from the later films, you will see that one of those lines is actually longer than the other. :) Oh, and regarding facial hair, Han Solo was always cleanly shaven, he never had any facial hair. Maybe you are getting him mixed up with Indiana Jones?

I've been working on the skin for the last few hours, and this is how it has progressed from the first shots. The new version is on the right.

Han 6 (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han06.jpg)

This model should take significantly less time to release than the tusken, as it will be fairly simple to weight.

inbredyokel
09-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Wow...a noticable improvement. I think the only thing that still looks off is the jaw. If I remember right it should be a bit more square and jagged below the ear. But you may not have gotten to that part, considering that he doesn't have an outer ear texture yet.

t3rr0r
09-09-2002, 03:48 PM
it looks much better, except what happened to his vest pockets? and his shirt looks a little too clean now. ;)

_NinjaGaiden_
09-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Major Clod you contenue to amaze me with your skills

SithMaster01
09-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_
Major Clod you contenue to amaze me with your skills

You just got here how could he continue to amaze you? And if you can skin and you want a ninja that bad that you would post a message about it in every thread you'd figure you would just skin another model to look like one!

12thMonkey
09-09-2002, 04:45 PM
That is really looking so much like him. I can see a vast improvement, however the eye brows need to be more bushy.

Xyphox
09-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Very nice the model is coming along very nicely! And what the heck!? You see my double posts up there? Well, I didn't post twice there must have be some glitch or something, cuz they're 15 mins apart.

SithMaster01
09-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Whens the Blatech comin out?

Scarlet Widow
09-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.

12thMonkey
09-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Widow
Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.

In some ways you are right the face is absolutley dead on but his clothing looks to new and clean. i prefered the darker messy look.

Arco
09-10-2002, 07:42 PM
i'm really sorry if this is rude or anything. but I have done a quick 5 minute paint over to help you out.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/han07-edit.jpg

Now altho everthing is tecnically in the right place and correct you are falling short in a few simple areas. Mainly the cloth. Your cloth is quite simply overdone. All I did was take the smudge tool to it and smudge it around to make the creases less over the top. also most of the creases were pointles, just put them where they would appear naturally and ignore other places... also on the trousers at the knee you would just see the cloth bunching up due to the boots. it isn't skin tight so don't texture the knee. And when doing the waistcoat thing just think a big circle for the creases and do it around the armpit. Basically smudge em all together make sure they are in the correct places and you are there. It will take you 10 minutes. I also did bit of shadowing around the holster to make it less stuck on and since it is just resting on top of his tousers it wouldn't really make any creases. Hope that helps. as for the face... that is just SPOT on. Oh yeah before i forget the boots... just add a highlight coming down the middle and smudge in the highlight at the top... it makes em look a little better.

GREAT stuff you got goin'

Major Clod
09-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Cheers Arco, your inputs and paint overs do help a great deal. I've now done the ANH, ESB and ROTJ outfits, and he is ingame with facial animation. Now I need to focus on the sounds and a surprise version of the model that you will have to wait until the release to see :) Will post some screens soon.

Andy867
09-10-2002, 10:41 PM
First this and the Tusken Raider, what's next in your line of fine looking models?! This model ALSO looks simply amazing... Even the harrison ford grin is there! When you do finish the model you can send it to JKII.Net with an attention that says

File Masters: Model

that way we know its a model to be posted, and not just screenshots. so, just send them to files@jediknightii.net with that attention notice, and one of the file masters, or myself, will get it uploaded and posted.

sights0d
09-11-2002, 12:03 AM
I was wondering if you are planning on making the meshes available. I was making a Gallandro skin and really didn't enjoy making it on the Lando or the Chiss model. The holster really needed to be a thigh-mounted holster. I'm hoping that it will look good on your model.

Here's a pic of the skin:

http://www.geocities.com/sights0d/Gallandro2.html

BTW... I know this isn't a skinning post. Just hoping to get access to the meshes.

Major Clod
09-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Yeah I will most likely release a skin development kit with the model. There will be a few different surfaces to represent different items of clothing too.

Toonces
09-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Major Clod, I'd be really intrested to see your setup for how you rigged the face for animation. I've been rigging Emperor Palpatine for facial animation and It looks quite good, but I have a few problems (especially with the eyes and forehead) that just dont look quite right

The model is looking great, every one of your models have blown me away, keep up the good work :D

Toonces

Major Clod
09-11-2002, 07:36 AM
Han is ingame, talking, and making strange faces. Here are a few screenshots. I do need to adjust the model to avoid the glowing under the eyes that the raven models get when the major light source is directly above them.

Han talking (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han07.jpg)

Han staring at Luke (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han08.jpg)

Perhaps he's looking at an ewok?? (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han09.jpg)

Toonces:

Okay, as far as I can tell the only bones used for facial animation are ceyebrow, leye, reye, jaw, and the lip bones ending in 2's.

For weighting the forehead to ceyebrow, I weight the centre of the brow, in between the eyebrows, pretty much close to full weighting to ceyebrow. Then as you go along to the ends of each eyebrow, I gradually weight the vertices less to ceyebrow. So the strongest weighting is in the middle of the brow (1 - 0.8), and the weakest is at the ends of each eyebrow (around 0.3).

For the eyes, they only seem to move when the character blinks, never any other time. I have a sphere for each eyeball with the center exactly where the pivot for the eye bones are, and I completely weight each sphere to its respective bone. I then weight the upper eyelid to this bone as well, leaving the bottom eyelid alone.

For the mouth, I weight each portion to the respective bone, so the top right lip goes to rtlip etc... I then blend the weighting, so that the center of the lip is shared equally by the bone on each side, and I also share the corners of the mouth with the bones above and below that corner.

Upper teeth are weighted to the cranium, lower teeth are weighted to the jaw, along with the jaw of the model. All vertices that are not weighted to any of these bones are all weighted to the cranium.

Hope that helps

Toonces
09-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Thanks Major :) I played around alot with it last night and I've gotten him to the point where it looks just about as good as ravens models do, it's pretty cool.

I'm rather dissapointed though that most of the facial bones are useless, I tried every one last night and as you said, there are only a handful that carcass will run through. Oh well, looks good enough.

Han's looking really good :)

Toonces

adillon
09-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Perhaps he's looking at an ewok?? (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/han09.jpg)

LMFAO!

major clod, your work is absolutely amazing. han solo with facial animations ... way to go.

can't wait to see the "surprise version" you mentioned. :D

Eets
09-11-2002, 08:15 AM
Is the surprise version Han Solo in a metal bikini? ^_^

*thinks about it*

Hmm... I hope not..

Pnut_Man
09-11-2002, 06:45 PM
*shivers at eet's comment* hmm..i hope the model can be released soon.

oddjob: A-Team
09-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Looks great. I just hope the surpise version isn't Hoth. That would suck. Anyway, nice job.

Major Clod
09-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Heh, no the surprise version isn't a hoth han :)

Toonces
09-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Ah, I know! It's a playable Carbonite Han ;)

Toonces

keo718
09-11-2002, 10:47 PM
The face looks even better in those singleplayer shots.

_NinjaGaiden_
09-11-2002, 11:21 PM
i was wondering if you are done with the blaster cause it looks so awesome.... can t wait to get rid of the ghetto brytar pistol ;)

Eets
09-11-2002, 11:31 PM

*sigh*

It's just as I feared... *puts on metal-resistant sunglasses*

Gram_Reaper
09-11-2002, 11:49 PM
It would be cool if it was endor han, you know with the jacket?

keo718
09-11-2002, 11:52 PM
We will find out soon enough.

告th Lord
09-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Toonces
Ah, I know! It's a playable Carbonite Han ;)

Toonces

ha, he would be like those block guys from Mario 64 who waddle and fall on you

Woodrodius
09-12-2002, 03:08 AM
It's totally Indiana Jones!

Uber Sith
09-13-2002, 05:20 AM
No its gotta be a Fully Posable Han with flip aciton...

(Special Edition comes with metal thong bikini included- Just for Eets)

It Must Be!:
1) Han- Bespin
2) Han- Endor
3) Han- Death Star

Oh wait there all the same

To be honest a safe bet would be indiana jones exepct the hat n everything would be a pain to do.

Aka
09-13-2002, 05:57 AM
My guess would be that it would be old Han/Indiana Jones.

t3rr0r
09-13-2002, 10:53 AM
njo era han would be great. :D

Darth Valinor
09-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Everything looks amazing except the face. I think you should blur or soften the lines of his face. Makes it look to much like a cartoon with the dark lines everywhere.

And I'll bet the special version will be Han's head on the Stormtrooper body.

Pnut_Man
09-13-2002, 05:31 PM
sweet the maud ib dude likes njo too

ONe day all star wars fans will know and love the NJO ...
MWHAHAHHA

hmm..well im really loooking forward to the release of this model, and the release of the awesome gun model.

I hate using the Han Solo skin i have...it's too Landoish..with the shoulders and crap..*sigh*

Araegon
09-13-2002, 07:21 PM
When's in gonna be released???
i've been wanting to play as han ever since the game came out, and this is the best model i've ever seen (next to yoda, tuskin rader, and that dash rendar one looks pritty good) and i cant wait to play online with this model, great work major!

12thMonkey
09-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Indiana Jones would definetly be a nice change from just Star Wars.

Toonces
09-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm telling ya, it's Carbonite ;)

SiThLoRd><1000
09-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Who cares, as long as we have Han!!! Hey guys, UT 2K3 has released it's official demo!!!

Eets
09-13-2002, 11:39 PM
wait a minute... maybe it's Mini Han!

mariners2001
09-18-2002, 07:41 PM
bump

ack, bottom of second page....i'm really looking forward to this model and it looks nearly finished!

frendon
09-19-2002, 07:33 PM
any updates? (just an excuse to put this thread back on the top of the page) but really any updates?

dnalor
09-20-2002, 03:57 AM

Han looks very good but when we play with him?

Pnut_Man
09-20-2002, 08:58 PM
just bumping it up and waiting for answer on model..

Woodrodius
09-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Bump

Matt-Liell
09-22-2002, 04:53 PM
looks awsome major, (r u sure he didnt just hire harrison ford to post in front of that set?) it looks so real! u should do an indiana jones one next that would be both awsome and popular! keep up the awsome work major:)!

Double_S84
09-23-2002, 03:26 AM
I know this is off topic but i know you have a Legolas model. Do you plan on ever bringin it to JK2? It looked really good. Especially the bow and arrows on his back. I just think it was really good. You should think bout it. I know i have been.:D

Major Clod
09-23-2002, 07:51 AM
Everything is pretty much finished, I just need some good sounds. Unfortunately there is so much background noise in the Star Wars Trilogy, and Han Solo doesn't get hurt too often, so I'm having a hard time getting good sounds from them. What I really need are some good pain/death sounds, basically any grunt or groan Harrison Ford makes in any of his movies. If anyone can get me a good, clear, 44KHZ 16bit mono sound file of a Harrison Ford pain sound, I would appreciate it immensly.

Actually, if anyone could get me a copy of the screams Harrison Ford makes when he gets his fingers dislocated at the end of Blade Runner, that would be even more appreciated.

t3rr0r
09-23-2002, 08:16 AM
here's some cocky taunts. :D i couldn't find any groans or pain sounds though. :/

http://members.tripod.com/~SOlson/sounds/goodluck.wav
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/3606/hokey.wav
http://www.members.accessus.net/~wbutts/diehere.wav

bw3rdln
09-23-2002, 08:20 AM
ok Major Np ill see what i can do on the sounds if you would like? i do alot of sound fx and that with soundforge and all that stuff plus i have blade runner on dvd plus all if the other ford moves i got what you need ill see if i can get them today ok
BlackWolf
FireStorm Entertainment
Saberist mod 1.2

Uber Sith
09-23-2002, 09:29 AM
Major CLod I think your missing the best han solo pain sound ive come across...

Goto Empire Strikes Back where he gets captures and strapped to that thingy... he screams like a bitch there... and for all i know theres no music behind it :D...

if it helps!

Major Clod
09-23-2002, 09:45 AM
bw3rdln: Cheers, that would be great! I have all the taunt/talking type sounds, so pain sounds are pretty much what I need.

Uber Sith: Believe me I tried that sound, but the problem is, as soon as he really starts screaming, the shot changes to outside the interogation room, and his scream has faded. In game it would sound like the scream is coming from another room, through a wall or something like that, even if the player is right infront of you.

bw3rdln
09-23-2002, 10:05 AM
ok Np ill have them for you tonight
BlackWolf

Uber Sith
09-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Oh yeah....ohps.. sorry... hehehehe....well you could do blade runner....or even if theres somthing from indiana jones you can have take it.....

告th Lord
09-23-2002, 01:15 PM
How about in a Temple of Doom, where short-round burns him with the torch

Pnut_Man
09-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Empire Strikes Back..on Bespin..han was getting tortured by that hot sparky thingy..lol..got a few sounds there :)

t3rr0r
09-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
Empire Strikes Back..on Bespin..han was getting tortured by that hot sparky thingy..lol..got a few sounds there :)
Uber Sith: Believe me I tried that sound, but the problem is, as soon as he really starts screaming, the shot changes to outside the interogation room, and his scream has faded. In game it would sound like the scream is coming from another room, through a wall or something like that, even if the player is right infront of you.

bw3rdln
09-24-2002, 12:12 AM
ok bro just email me or icq me so i can give them to you
BlackWolf
still doing some touchs but sound good

Double_S84
09-24-2002, 12:20 AM
I know this is off topic but i know you have a Legolas model. Do you plan on ever bringin it to JK2? It looked really good. Especially the bow and arrows on his back. I just think it was really good. You should think bout it. I know i have been.

Andy867
09-24-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Double_S84
I know this is off topic but i know you have a Legolas model. Do you plan on ever bringin it to JK2? It looked really good. Especially the bow and arrows on his back. I just think it was really good. You should think bout it. I know i have been.

I asked this to Major Clod as well, and he said it wasn't for any particular game, but he might bring it to JK2.

Also, t3rr0r, you do realize that like 65% of your posts are quotes, right... Just thought it was interesting, because I could almost predict what quote you would use:)

告th Lord
09-24-2002, 03:18 AM
Probably because most of the questions asked were previously answered. Im not flaming anyone because Im guilty of it sometimes myself, just scan through the thread and check out the new pictures and comment on them

Double_S84
09-24-2002, 05:31 AM
Thanks andy. Sith lord too. I found it.

I hope he brings it to this game. Good lookin.

Pnut_Man
09-24-2002, 06:33 AM
*sigh* sorry bout posting about a topic already discussed...i didn't read the whole thing over before i posted :p my bad...btw..great model, love the face.

Darth2Tyranus
09-24-2002, 06:56 AM
hey,major have u finished the blasttech yet?
if so when do u plan to release it?
and how far is han to completion?

Major Clod
09-24-2002, 11:06 AM
hey,major have u finished the blasttech yet?
if so when do u plan to release it?
and how far is han to completion?

The Blastech is done, I will release it with the Han Solo model. Right now I have just finished the CTF skins, basically all that remains is the sound set and the bot files. What I will be doing is having three Han's in the one download, one from each film. The ANH version features the standard Han: single breasted shirt with black vest and red stripes on pants. The ESB version will feature Han with his blue jacket, double breasted shirt and yellow stripes on pants. The ROJ version features Han with double breasted shirt, vest and yellow striped pants. Oh my all those clothes for you to choose from! :)

I was attempting to have the ROJ Han wear the Endor coat, but I really don't have the time to weight it so that it does not clip through his body, which is a real time consuming thing to do. I will see what happens though, but chances are it won't be included. Each version will have its own taunt from its corresponding movie. Also, the three versions will be sharing textures as to make for a smaller download.

Han should be released within the next week or so.

_NinjaGaiden_
09-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Sweet Major! I have been waiting for 2 models.... your Han and the Mace Windu Model by Klorel, I hope you get it finished without any problems

SiThLoRd><1000
09-24-2002, 06:38 PM
Been waiting for a good Han ever since the release. (Except for Arco's skin of Han that was very good for a skin.) I'm happy to see a (even though a vague) release date.

Professor Snape
09-24-2002, 07:09 PM
"I have said it many times. You are the most gifted Modeler i have ever met."

Jrob
09-24-2002, 07:13 PM
SOunds Great

keo718
09-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by_NinjaGaiden_
...and the Mace Windu Model....

Since when was Major Clod doing a Mace Windu model?

Gram_Reaper
09-24-2002, 11:57 PM
read a little bit more keoSweet Major! I have been waiting for 2 models.... your Han and the Mace Windu Model by Klorel, I hope you get it finished without any problems

t3rr0r
09-25-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Gram_Reaper
read a little bit more keo
keo posted before the guy edited his post to add klorel.

keo718
09-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification T3rr0r.

Padawan_7
09-25-2002, 02:47 PM
I know that I, for one, would like to see Han in his Endor coat. But if you can't get it to work within your available time, its okay Major. Can wait to play as the coolest smuggler in the galaxy!

Gram_Reaper
09-25-2002, 06:42 PM
Oops sorry bout that one, didnt mean to not see that one.

AKPiggott
09-26-2002, 04:51 AM
Excellent stuff... I look forward to this one...

What happened to your Tusken MC? Did you release it in the end?

Uber Sith
09-26-2002, 06:02 AM
Yes hes already sent that one to JKii.net.

Nice to hear about han.... just a thought i think a yellow saber would best suit him :D

oh yeah major did you find the pain sounds you were lookin for

12thMonkey
09-26-2002, 04:19 PM
I hope that you make sure the bot doesn't use a saber cos i would like him to be authentic.

Pnut_Man
09-27-2002, 04:48 PM
cant wait for this model's release! and i cant wait for the blasttech! i hate that damned bryar pistol!

nomad
09-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Major Clod,
I just thought I'd offer you this idea for the soundpack... just in case you like it.
I made a sound pack for Arco's Han skin a long while ago and for some of the death sounds I used
"Hey nice shot kid! That was one in a million!"
"I'll see you in hell!"
And I think I used "I've got a bad feeling about this." for the other one.
It's just another way to represent Han's brash humor, especially the first one for the ANH version.
Some people prefer to just have pain sounds for the deaths, but I like to spice it up for the prominent characters.
Feel free to like or hate my simple suggestions.
Oh also, my pick for one of the taunts would definately be "Hokey religions and ancient superstitions are no match for a good blaster at your side."

Thanks again for the great work you've provided us!

-nomad

MTFBWY

t3rr0r
09-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by nomad
Oh also, my pick for one of the taunts would definately be "Hokey religions and ancient superstitions are no match for a good blaster at your side."
i think so too, 'tis why i posted it. :D i hope as many taunts as possible are included (thanks to the jedimod source). :D

Marth
09-28-2002, 12:25 AM
Han solo is cool in a certain way

Deetox187
09-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Another good (and funny) death sound would be when he says "i feel terrible" after being tortured by Vader in ESB. :)

SiThLoRd><1000
09-28-2002, 12:48 AM
How about the "They didn't even aske me any questions" one, eh? Like shoot first, questions later. Hehe, well, I tried.

告th Lord
09-28-2002, 04:10 AM
Masters of the Teras Kasi had one like "nothing like a blaster at your side". the hoaky religion line sounds too long for a taunt

Eets
09-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Good work, Clod! Keep it up. :D

R2D202
10-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Beep boop beep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translation: Releeease... Cant wait, come here hanny boy!!!!!!!!! :) How bout a *Hurt han solo* model to come with it? Like just with a few cuts so on :barf:

Araegon
10-02-2002, 05:40 PM
not to be rude, but when the hell is this model being released?!?!?

nomad
10-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Not to say "doughnuts", but doughnuts.

-nomad

SiThLoRd><1000
10-02-2002, 10:46 PM
Please for the love of God!!! C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon!

Eets
10-02-2002, 11:07 PM
*slaps sithlord upside the head*

Have some patience! :p

-s/<itzo-
10-02-2002, 11:53 PM
werd, can i get a few body shots as well nah just playing. some people just don't have patience.

for a LOTR fan you sure are hype up over starwars models. imagine if there was a LOTR model in progress. boy you have a heart attack after first post.

Major Clod
10-03-2002, 06:57 AM
I've been waiting for bw3rdln to get the sounds to me. I haven't heard from him since the 25th and he hasn't replied to any of my emails, so I don't know whats happening there. I think I may need to get the sounds done myself. Sorry about this guys, I want to get this model released as much as you do, unfortunately I don't have much control over this delay.

In the meantime, have a look at my Subaru Impreza WRX model for GTA3 that I've been working on for the last 2 days. :)

Subaru Impreza WRX (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/rex01.jpg)

Enjoi9187
10-03-2002, 07:08 AM
WOW major clod, that han solo update you just posted looks AWESOME, hes a bit shiny though.... and why does he have a reflection?......

Eets
10-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Dayum, Clod! That looks good enough to drive! :D

t3rr0r
10-03-2002, 12:11 PM
In the meantime, have a look at my Subaru Impreza WRX model for GTA3 that I've been working on for the last 2 days. :)

Subaru Impreza WRX (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/rex01.jpg)
that makes me wish i had gta3 pc! but i'd need a gf4 first. :o

SiThLoRd><1000
10-03-2002, 06:43 PM
"Speak softly and carry a large sub-machine gun..." I'm more of a Star Wars fan than LotR. Just because of my avatar. Hence my name. I was also doing something off of a movie called Saving Silverman. One of the characters keeps repeating that to another to get him to go somewhere with a girl. Duh, so gather and review the facts before you speak... (nothing against you, and please, CMON! hehehe...)

SiThLoRd><1000
10-03-2002, 06:46 PM
T3rror,

You dont have to have a GeForce 4 to play GTA3 for PC. I have it on a Geforce 3 Ti 500 and my friend has it on a GeForce 2 and it plays on his well and on mine with all the settings cranked to the top.

t3rr0r
10-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SiThLoRd&gt;&lt;1000
T3rror,

You dont have to have a GeForce 4 to play GTA3 for PC. I have it on a Geforce 3 Ti 500 and my friend has it on a GeForce 2 and it plays on his well and on mine with all the settings cranked to the top.
well, i have a tnt2 pro as it stands now, so i might as well buy a video card that's up there.

-s/<itzo-
10-03-2002, 07:52 PM
well your avatar, location, signature had something relating to LOTR so i figured you were more of a LOTR fan since this is a SW forums. my fault.

anyways your comment " Please for the love of God!!! C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, C'mon! " i know exactly what your talking about now. when wayne was talking to darren right. it was a funny scene c'mon c'mon.....

i can't wait for this model neither. han and chewie side by side, coming soon. leia seems upset though..

SiThLoRd><1000
10-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Yep, you got it. Hehe, that is a funny movie. And I didn't mean to sound snappy towards you, it's just I like Lord of the Rings alot but I will never stray from Star Wars. Also, I'm impatiently awaiting the Two Towers...

-s/<itzo-
10-04-2002, 12:21 AM
don't worry about it. hey did you know they made an animated movie of LOTR way back. i think it was made in 1978.

does this model comes with han solo's gun???

SiThLoRd><1000
10-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Yeah, it was 9 years before I was born, but I knew about it a couple years ago and have seen parts of it. It's kind of dumb, but ok for animated shows in the 70's. And yes, Clod said that the gun will come in the model pack.

fat_101
10-04-2002, 06:32 AM
clod that suburu looks awsome wish i had the pc version and not the ps2 :(
but glad to hear ur only w8in on the sounds 4 han

FATTEH

R2D202
10-04-2002, 10:23 AM
We're talking about the Han solo model here, its not the GTA3 forums :D j/k, i cant run hardly any pc games, only ones that came out 5 years ago, part from jk2 :P

sights0d
10-05-2002, 01:28 AM
Eets... whatever you do, don't ask for any more extras. I can't wait for anymore development time to go by! WANT MODEL NOW!!!

R2D202
10-05-2002, 05:41 AM
Woah take it easy there partner, Major Clod might have to fix bugs and crap

trying to get 1000 posts

sights0d
10-05-2002, 11:09 AM
No prob. I know he's just trying to get everything to be perfect. I'm putting everything jko-wise on hold until this mod comes out.

Major, I don't suppose you could send me just the reference stuff so that I can paint, could you?

Histys-History
10-18-2002, 05:51 AM
LBURNA WTF THAT AVATAR ROCKS TEACH ME O MASTER OF AVATARS!?!?!?!!!!!

And major clod where is there going to be updates??

Pnut_Man
10-18-2002, 06:57 AM
Uh jedi anakin made me my avatar...

SiThLoRd><1000
10-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Suspect,

I have the game, so I believe that little Lucas stick man w/ saber thats his avatar is from the PS1 game Episode I: Jedi Power Battles.

-s/<itzo-
10-19-2002, 03:01 AM
thanx suspect for the complement. i owe it all to sivy b, he taught me. just learned how to do avs with animation this week and i already made 5 avatars.

it's really quite easy, first you need a good gif making program, like movie gear (www.moviegear.com it's a 30 day trial). and how i made mine was from the trailer of jedi battles ( sithlord was right). you play with quicktime and when you see a scene you like, press the print screen key and then paste it into paint or whatever you use, then go back to the trailer and advance frame by frame, and paste each of them into paint, make sure you crop them all the same size, then load them into your gif making program, resize it and save as gif, if you need to reduce the size (i.e kb) then you can reduce the number of colors, see if there are any frames that you can delete without effecting the animation and also most gif making programs have an optimize option that will reduce the size also).

it's going to be hard at first but you get the hang of it and you'll find it really easy. so look for scenes thats unique and just have fun with it.

the reason why i used that scene cuz my name starts with L. its a good idea isn't it.

Histys-History
10-19-2002, 04:45 AM
.... I havent got paint program, ive always wanted to use one .......

-s/<itzo-
10-19-2002, 04:55 AM
you can download it from DOWNLOAD.COM (http://download.com.com/3000-2192-7057820.html?tag=lst-0-1) . this is also a trial.

Histys-History
10-19-2002, 06:23 AM
Oh crap, i messed my avatar up... Major Clod where are u

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 04:04 AM
Major Clod I hope Everything is Going well please finish this soon!

Histys-History
10-20-2002, 09:35 AM
Where is Major Clod lately?

Pnut_Man
10-21-2002, 04:26 PM
*puts a check on his list of seemingly missing modellers*

sights0d
10-21-2002, 09:02 PM
So... I keep hearing a theory that Raven is kidnapping modelers in order to use their models for a sequel. Is that what you are trying not to say, Pnut? If so... I don't know whether to be happy... or sad that I won't be seeing this model for a few more months.

Major Clod
10-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I am still here, but progress has been slow as my final university exams for the year are coming up, so my spare time is limited. I was expecting this to happen, and that was the whole point of asking someone for help with the sounds on the model. However, it seems bw3rdln has done a runner on me, as I have not heard from him since my last post in this thread, except for a private message that stated he had trouble with his DSL, a virus, and had to format his computer all at the same time... He also said that he would get me the sounds the following night... well still no email.

Finding sounds from movies, especially pain sounds, isn't the easiest or quickest thing to do. If you need quotes and that sort of thing, its easy to go straight to the scene, but try to find grunts and groans, you have to basically watch through the whole movie to find them!

Anyway, I'll try and get this done soon, otherwise a release date sometime after November 4 will be in order.

mariners2001
10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
he's alive! :D

glad you're back... i can't really help with the sounds but I'm sure many could. shouldn't be too hard to find Harrison Ford sounds as he's in so many movies. i know someone easily whipped up a soundset for Samuel L. so maybe the same can be done for Ford.

sights0d
10-22-2002, 12:34 AM
I know that this isn't the solution that you're looking for, but are you sure that you can't use the pain sounds already included in the assets0.pk3? Take it from an expert: I'm a teacher; I punch people daily and, if I do it blindfolded, I can't tell one student from another. The only difference is the duration, which is contingent only upon where you hit/kick them:)

And before you ask... English. I teach English.

Grets Sirob
10-22-2002, 04:38 PM
If you ask me, I wouldn't do that.

Because those are kids, not fully grown adult males. Everyone of them sounds different.

And I've always been able to tell if someone used stock sounds, because they're so different.

So please, don't make one mistake and put in stock sounds. Making your own is the only possible thing you could do to make this model better.

Pnut_Man
10-22-2002, 05:52 PM
November 4th....*checks calender*
Much gooderness...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MODEL!

THAT BLASTER IS GONNA KICK ASS!

IPHDTD
10-22-2002, 11:18 PM
what percentage of the sounds do you have already? is it just the pain sounds that are still missing?

Major Clod
10-24-2002, 10:21 AM
I don't really like to use stock sounds, as when they are heard in game it seems to make the model feel less like a completely new character. I have all the taunt/speaking sounds I need, I just need to get the pain sounds. I will probably go down to the video store and rent out blade runner, as I can remember some good pain sounds I can take from it, particularly from the end of the movie where Deckard encounters the final Replicant. He seems to get beaten quite often in this movie, and unlike Indiana Jones there is not too much loud background music so the sounds should be alright to use.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Major Clod Take Your Time ...., Do It Right. CANT WAIT THOUGH, IT WILL BE SWEET!

mariners2001
10-24-2002, 05:50 PM
so the model is completely ready to go minus the pain sounds? hmmm....i bet deetox can up with some good pain sounds he's come up with some good ones for qui-gon and mace windu....

raiden668
10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Han Solo's Blaster, and Han too..Sweedish.

The Executor
10-29-2002, 04:16 PM
In the Episode V movie there are Pain- sounds of Han Solo....
In Cloud City Solo gets tortured by a machine from
Figg & Associates Metallurgisch....

The machine was not made for torture. Vader has modifyd the machine. It was a Scanmachine for anilyse metalmonsters.
:chop1:

I hope you can finish your Han Solo model with it!

:D :D :D

frendon
10-29-2002, 04:59 PM
the executor that scene and those sounds have been recommended and discarded before, the scene cuts too fast into vader outside the torture room and the souns come from the other room, that wouldn't sound good on game because if you kill han solo you will hear his scream like if it were coming from another room.

Hellfire Jedi
11-02-2002, 07:28 AM
Wow,
Simply the best short NO detail looks great one of the more realistic models i've seen in the past few weeks!!
Good Luck finishing it and releasing it ta ta :P

ShogunBlade
11-02-2002, 11:48 AM
YOU KNOW HARRISON FORD PLAYED IN BLADE RUNNER AND THERE IS AN UNGODLY SLEW OF SERIOUS PAIN SOUNDS FROM HIM ON THAT FLICK

AKPiggott
11-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I think someone already suggested that. Also, don't write "flick" in capital letters, it really doesn't look very good.

RJW_ca
11-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Can I test out your Han Solo model???
I really like the character I could give you feed back on your sounds and so on...I really would like to help!!!
Right now I am currently working on a new Yoda skin--making it more like the Ep2 movie---
I am helping out with the Watto Model with sounds
If I could help you out with this model It would be soooo great thank you!!!

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

Pnut_Man
11-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Hmm..i was wondering if the blaster model could be released seperately..i really want to use it :(

sights0d
11-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Well... typically, they release weapons seperately from the rest of the model... When they came out with the Tuscan model, the Gaffi stick was a seperate model&skin. So... you should get your wish.

Pnut_Man
11-04-2002, 10:12 PM
I kinda meant..i was hoping that the creator could release the gun model right now....

I'm pretty sure he finished it..

Raptor2001
11-07-2002, 12:55 AM
Hmm, don't know if your stuck on sounds, but if you are I just remembered the scene out of the Temple of Doom where the boy jabs the red-hot torch thing into Indy's chest, he makes a rather loud cry as I recall... (Don't think there was too much background music at that point either, but I could be wrong, it's been a while...)

_NinjaGaiden_
11-09-2002, 02:39 AM
Major Clod.... I was wondering if your still around and what your waiting on for this model?

t3rr0r
11-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_
Major Clod.... I was wondering if your still around and what your waiting on for this model?
sounds.

Mex
11-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeah, its takin an awful long time too,

And t3rr0r plz check ur pms

t3rr0r
11-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Flanders
And t3rr0r plz check ur pms
/me hopes he meant private messages :rolleyes:

Mex
11-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Yeah

And check it again plz..

And has Clod had any sucess in sounds?

Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Its rushing threw my vains at mach speeds that it is

B.oost
U.VW wrapped good model
M.agnificant model
P.erfect

lol...got bored and wanted this model at the same time :P

Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 08:39 PM
I think this is dead he hasn't posted anything in what it seems ages now... wel lClod whats up did u stop on this or what?

Padawan_7
11-12-2002, 12:01 AM
I doubt very seriously that this model is dead. Major Clod is just not that way.

Plus, if you remember, it took him a little while to finish off his Tusken Raider model. Just have a little patience. We will all be able to play as Han soon enough. ;)

sights0d
11-12-2002, 01:13 AM
The last time he posted was 10.24, I think. I'm pretty sure he's still working on it, but who knows. It has only been about 2.5 weeks, but then again, it HAS been 2.5 weeks.

t3rr0r
11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
pfft... major clod never dies! he always is lurking... infact, i see him now in the modelling forum. :p

Hellfire Jedi
11-12-2002, 03:09 PM
That i know i see him now and then every so often but...
Why does he never post mysteries....
maybe... j/k i went into maybe list would be endless :P

Darth Loki
11-12-2002, 05:53 PM
remember, he said he had exams, so work on the model would be slow. be patient, and if you have no patience, learn patience.

Pnut_Man
11-14-2002, 07:23 AM
THANK YOU MAJOR CLOD!

YOUR MODELS ARE AWESOME! HAN SOLO IS AN AMAZING...and SO IS THE BLASTERTECH !

RJW_ca
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
hansolo's readme that came with the model says with animations???

How do I make Han Solo's ANIMATIONS work in game???
he says taunts in multiplayer but doesn't move his lips--is this right??

Han Solo doesn't show up in singleplayer !! Should he???

the gun looks awsome!!!

RJW_ca "OUT!"

please e-mail me about this!!

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

SpYzEr
11-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RJW_ca
hansolo's readme that came with the model says with animations???

How do I make Han Solo's ANIMATIONS work in game???
he says taunts in multiplayer but doesn't move his lips--is this right??

Han Solo doesn't show up in singleplayer !! Should he???

the gun looks awsome!!!

RJW_ca "OUT!"

please e-mail me about this!!

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

Wow dude, calm down. This MUST be your first time playing/first model... :rolleyes: Anyways, the animations only work for single player and its not supposed to show up in single player unless someone releases a mod.

rut-wa jodar
11-15-2002, 04:11 AM
Thanx MajorClod, your models are simply amazing :thumbs1:

sights0d
11-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Just beautiful. Been using him all night. Awesome work.
Now... can I skin him? And is there a reference mesh available?