PDA

View Full Version : Question......

Darth Groovy
08-29-2002, 07:01 PM
I recently posted a few pics of myself in a thread at the swamp, and the pics were myseriously removed.

I am not the first person to post a pic of myself, I have seen it done before. The pics were not by any means obscene, and I didn't see it anywhere in the rules where we are not allowed to do that.

I did you the favor of deleting the thread, but I am not a happy camper.

Explanations would be appreciated,

Groovy

Boba Rhett
08-29-2002, 07:50 PM
I thought you were the one that took them down. :confused:

Darth Groovy
08-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I thought you were the one that took them down. :confused:

Not at all, one minute they were there, and the next minute.....nothing. Same thing happened to the pics I posted on 2 other threads.

Darth Groovy
08-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Before deleting the post I went in to edit, to see what was happening, and the image urls were still there. Bad image server? Any suggestions?

Redwing
09-02-2002, 04:01 AM
DId you actually see the images that you posted before they dissappeared? If yes, then I don't know what happened...if no: that's happened to me with smileys before...I don't know why. It seems to be totally random.

Darth Groovy
09-02-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
DId you actually see the images that you posted before they dissappeared? If yes, then I don't know what happened...if no: that's happened to me with smileys before...I don't know why. It seems to be totally random.

Yeah the images were there for a short while.....then disapeared. And I am like WTF?:eyeraise: First I thought a mod might have done it, Boba Rhett was on duty that day and made it perfectly clear it wasn't a mod thing. In addition, that image hosting service temporarily banned me for going bast my 6KB limit for the day. For the record I was using villiage photos.com. It will be a cold day in hell before I use that service again. Which brings me to my next question.

How do I post a pic of myself in the Forums!?!?!?!?

I mean what image sercice should I use? Help me out please?!?!?

Darth Groovy
09-03-2002, 03:05 AM
I used my wsm site and that seams to be working pretty good sans the size limitations. Oh well:p P.S. Obi-wan13 gave me the helpful tip......good moderator you go there.:D

Agen
09-13-2002, 06:04 PM
I use boomspeed.com but i don't know if you can still sign up, it's made for Image hosting and stuff. You coudl aslo try imagestation.com though i haven't tried that.