PDA

View Full Version : Rotating view in JK2?

ShaderWriter
09-04-2002, 04:49 PM
All:

I have 2 questions (btw, the game is absolutely stunning):

1) What is the command or keystroke to rotate the camera around the person to see the front of them? I see a lot of screenshots showing the front of the character but there is no option in the controls/movement for that.

2) The new patch doesn't work correctly on the new Det 4.0 drivers. I was wondering if there was a way to get EAX support without having to load up the patch? I have s_UseOpenAL "1" in the config file but this doesn't seem to put the EAX option in the options menu.

Thanks,

-M

teleguy
09-04-2002, 04:54 PM
1) The command is cg_thirdPersonAngle # .

ShaderWriter
09-04-2002, 04:57 PM
Ah, so its a constant. Meaning you can't hold down a shift button and move the mouse around the character to see them in realtime?

-M

Psionic Jedi
09-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ShaderWriter
Ah, so its a constant. Meaning you can't hold down a shift button and move the mouse around the character to see them in realtime?

-M

That would be cool... in Jk1 if you idled you're character in third person, it rotated the camera around Kyle playing with his lightsaber.

00M-187
09-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by teleguy
1) The command is cg_thirdPersonAngle # .

What exactly does this do? and does the # mean you enter a number there? is there a way to remove this if you dont want it? Im really interested and thanks!

thehomicidalegg
09-05-2002, 06:42 AM
# is the angle. 0 is directly behind 180 is directly infront

zworqy
09-05-2002, 05:16 PM
I think it's important to piont out that "cg_thirdpersonangle" is a cheatprotected variable, meaning that you will have to start a map with the commad "devmap mapname" to get it to work.

But does anyone know why the HELL it's considered cheating to change the point of view? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought that word was going to be censored.

Psionic Jedi
09-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by zworqy
I think it's important to piont out that "cg_thirdpersonangle" is a cheatprotected variable, meaning that you will have to start a map with the commad "devmap mapname" to get it to work.

But does anyone know why the HELL it's considered cheating to change the point of view? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought that word was going to be censored.

I think you could see who's coming in back of you (but then your front would be unprotected :confused: )

Imagine the arsefighters in 1.03 if this command isn't cheat protected? Then they would REALLY be fighting arse-forward!

Kstar__2
09-06-2002, 08:46 AM
i was wondering what the code was for that

thehomicidalegg
09-07-2002, 05:07 AM
all the cg_thirdperson###### cvars are cheat protected (except for camara damp i think) for the precise reason to disable the manipulation of viewing range

Zedar
09-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey thanks a lot for telling the rotate-command:)
I've been trying to find it for a long time
Now....much better screenshots:monkey4:
:elephant:

ShaderWriter
09-07-2002, 01:20 PM
And it can be enabled by writing to the configure file. You don't have to wait to get to a new level to start it.

I set mine to 10 degrees. I just want the camera a little off to the side so I can see his lightsaber in his hand.

-M

Zedar
09-10-2002, 08:07 AM
Hey I was wondering....
Can i zoom the camera??
Cos when set to 180 it doesn't show the whole legs
I've seen a few screenshots with the whole guy in the picture(?)

teleguy
09-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Zedar
Hey I was wondering....
Can i zoom the camera??
Cos when set to 180 it doesn't show the whole legs
I've seen a few screenshots with the whole guy in the picture(?)
cg_thirdPersonRange

Demolisher
09-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by ShaderWriter

-M

Heretic II was like that; I'm surprised Raven didnt do that with JKII.

Zedar
09-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Thanks Teleguy:)
Hehee I'm off to take some screenshots:)

edit: Is 0 the normal range?

sith hunter
09-10-2002, 01:35 PM
these work in sp and mp:

bind f3 helpusobi 1
bind q cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 0
bind w cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.3(default)
bind e cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0
bind r cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.1
bind t cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset 15

you can press f3,q,w,e,r,t after you enter these and they will work.i am putting so many keys because i dont now how to make them toggle on and off.
does anyone know how to toggle these commands on and off with hitting the same key twice?
and there is a lot more ....

thehomicidalegg
09-11-2002, 04:31 AM
i think the default for range is 400 or something like that butit's definitely NOT 0

Zedar
09-11-2002, 08:35 AM
lol
Yeah I noticed it's not 0:D