View Full Version : First Person MP Sabers?

09-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Has it been done? Is it possible? I could really use this for a mod idea I've been developing.

I could also use a great coder to make my new mod, it's a complete (almost) revamp of the saber system, it won't be anything like it is now.

The Eternal
09-07-2002, 10:47 AM
it's really easy to do... afaik that is. (haven't looked at it yet ;)) but it should be a simple matter of not drawing thirdperson when using the saber.. probably 2 lines of code to remove or add..
altough i do not think this will look good really because you'll miss 90% of the saber swing, and special saber animations (like backflips, complete rotation) aren't really easy to follow.. if you do want to implement that it would mean MUCH more code

09-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Well it's for a mod of mine, I haven't been able to find the one snippet of code with reference to saber and thirdperson yet :D

My mod is going to do away with all those flashy moves and replace everything with skillful dueling and manual location specific blocking etc etc... so that's why I need first person.

Jaii der Herr
09-07-2002, 01:34 PM
search for WP_SABER in the client code. you'll find it there

09-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Uh. I've done that, still can't find reference to thirdperson/firstperson. I must be blind or my search function must not work.