View Full Version : Some Suggestions For All Mods
09-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Just a few simple suggestions that could be added to jediPlus, ForceMod etc.
1. Set Random Bot:- When You select which bots to play with i would really like a random option, i have that many bots on my computer that i find it hard to decide which to use (i usually close my eyes and press my button a random number of time, usually ends up with the same bot though)
2. Add The Flamethrower:- I'm sure somebody made a flamethrower, if it would be possible i would really like to be able to use it.
3. Add most if not all of the CVAR to an options menu, as i find it impossible to remember all of them and i can't get half of them to work, i.e the jetpack i put in "bind <j> jetpack" and it say j is an invalid key.
4. If this is possible i would really like top be able to use two weapons at a time, if u can do it with lightsabers then surely it can be done with weapons.
5. ForceMod and JediPlus to combine forces (no pun intended) as i can never decide which one to use as they're both really good.
I'd appreciate people replying to my post without a flaming, c what ppl think
09-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Some more suggestions i thought of
6. Give each character, not just bots, their own stats for example make a character faster for both bots and human players. Tge stats could be put in the scripts file. Therefore choosing a character won't be totally based upon which is your favourite star wars character.
7. Is it possible to add new weapons and force powers as i would love to see a lot more weapons and some more force powers.
09-07-2002, 10:42 AM
it's bind j jetpack
and because it's just a preview of our mod we didn't change any ui etc... it's not supposed to be a complete mod, the team assault mod will offcourse enable you to set all the binding in the menu's :)
09-07-2002, 10:46 AM
Thanx The Eternal, i'll give that a try.
What did u think to my other suggestions?
09-08-2002, 02:26 AM
Set Random Bots
- That's a good idea, i'll look into it.
Add most if not all of the CVAR to an options menu
- v2.0 will has an expanded menu - it's mostly done,
4. two weapons at a time
- Working on it...ran into a number of problems while testing it today.
Give each character, not just bots, their own stats for example make a character faster for both bots and human players.
Well, i put some cvars in that regulate the speed, defense rating (sort of), and saber damage (different from Dest's variable - scalable in both directions without regard for the opponent's size)
based on the character's model size - i'll take your suggestion and add model-specific attributes (it would be really easy) after i get some bigger things ready.
Is it possible to add new weapons and force powers as i would love to see a lot more weapons and some more force powers?
- New force powers, sure - i'm replacing TeamHeal and TeamForce with two new powers, but it'll be later on. And i'm working on a very simple weapon solution.
Is it possible to add new weapons and force powers as i would love to see a lot more weapons and some more force powers
I'm eventually changing TeamHeal and TeamForce into two new powers.
Incidentally, Jman3ooo is working on a power (or something) right now that's very similar to one of them.
09-08-2002, 02:20 PM
I think their should be a easier way to run jedi vs. merc, make a game type, called ffa jedi vs. merc, team ffa jedi vs. merc, ect...It would be a lot easier than typing that command in..
09-08-2002, 02:46 PM
I also think their should be a easy click on/off dismember cvar, like in the old Fanmod that came out a long time ago
09-09-2002, 12:00 AM
a flame thrower would be awsome!
09-09-2002, 03:29 PM
ehm.... I am makin a FLametrower, head over to the general editing forums
09-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Reapers 'Force Flame' (ie Flamethower beta) is in my mod, as well as other wepaons like swords, axes and stuff. You'll be able to use dual katanas and the like. Should be out this weekend, I'm just tweeking the bots.
One thing I'm also adding is proper model scaling. Mechs are... well... bigger and tougher but harder to move around and are easier targets:
09-11-2002, 03:39 AM
i have a flamethrower mod, but dont know were i got it from. It replaces force lightning. its really good, sound and all.
09-11-2002, 02:28 PM
:cool: That's Dark Reaper's 'Flamethrower Beta'. I think is way cooler that Force Lightning.
09-11-2002, 07:49 PM
yeah thats were i got it form.. ive been wondering about that. If its added into a mod i would like to see it take away form the sheilds. do you know if he ever finished the flamethrower mod? or switched it with the EMP?
09-12-2002, 04:36 AM
Hey, I've got a small request.
I would love to be able to play Team Games without having to use the Red or Blues skins!
I think it sucks that we can't do this, but I don't want to go and edit all my pk3's just to be able to do it, since that would make all my pk3's incompatible with everyone elses.
I'm surprised that more people don't seem to want this option.
I would love to see it in any and all new mods that come out. Perhaps with Cvar options so that if you play with less than reputable players you may want to prevent them from being able to change skins on you (attempting to cause confusion)... although they'll still have the same name, so that doesn't really concern me. ;)
So here's one vote for Team Games with default skins enabled.
09-12-2002, 08:14 AM
in my njo mod (vongs vs jedis) there will not be team coloered models :)
but i think it's a good idea, to add a 'battle confusion' .
09-13-2002, 02:42 PM
LOTM_NadunHagar, ehm I am am the Dark Reaper Covax is talking about ( the guy shows up everywhere)
for more info about the flametrower head over to the editing central, general editing .
its still in progress and its nearly complete, and when its complete then ... then I can rest
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.