PDA

View Full Version : assigning individual weapons to individual characters

Bucke
09-07-2002, 11:49 AM
ive modifed(skinned) a saber handle but i want to assign it to an individual custom character.
under the weapons directory luke and reborn have their own sabers.
what do i do to assign the saber to my character only?
p.s. this is for a multiplayer charcter

Madjai
09-07-2002, 12:21 PM
i dont think its possible. as far as i know the saber is coded to go to different models, like the saber_reborn saber model goes to reborns AND tavion, that would make me assume that its not a simple matter of making a new folder called saber_<your characters name>.

BradFu
09-07-2002, 12:33 PM
I'm sure it's entirely possible, though it would require re-coding some stuff. You might want to ask this question in the Coding forum. I personally would love to see a Mod that includes the ability of simply creating a Saber_CharacterName folder with all the files and having it automatically be used by that character (ie, a model/skin in a BobDole folder would automatically use either a generic saber, or if available, a saber located in saber_BobDole). I'm willing to bet it can be done by one of those guys in the Coding forum :)

Madjai
09-07-2002, 12:39 PM
yea, what i meant was its not possible w/o recoding. cause, really, ANYTHING is possible with coding.

Bucke
09-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by BradFu
I'm sure it's entirely possible, though it would require re-coding some stuff. You might want to ask this question in the Coding forum. I personally would love to see a Mod that includes the ability of simply creating a Saber_CharacterName folder with all the files and having it automatically be used by that character (ie, a model/skin in a BobDole folder would automatically use either a generic saber, or if available, a saber located in saber_BobDole). I'm willing to bet it can be done by one of those guys in the Coding forum :)
thanks. i didn't realise this wasn't currently "do-able". I have posted a request in the coding forum
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77784
>crosses fingers<

Bucke
09-08-2002, 10:30 AM
apparently..........

Darth_Syrup:
"someone already made a spectacular mod that does that.
You can download the newest version of it right here:

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/i...ink=file&id=750

Dest (the author) included Remark's hiltpack with it, and they set a standard for hilts to be selectable."

Darth-Nasty
09-08-2002, 10:42 AM
with jedimod you can assign lightsaber hilts to individual bots

but i dont think it is possible to do it in single player yet.
(except for replacements for luke, desann, reborn)

Bucke
09-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Nasty
with jedimod you can assign lightsaber hilts to individual bots

but i dont think it is possible to do it in single player yet.
(except for replacements for luke, desann, reborn)
well i want to be able to assign the new hilt for a charcter i have created to play on multiplayer.
i think the jedi mod just assigns them to existing charcters and doesnt let you do it yourself.

Darth-Nasty
09-08-2002, 12:45 PM
if you open up the jedimod pk3 and edit the bots.txt you can add entries for new characters and what sabers they should use