PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell your really good friends w/someone?


Weapon X
09-08-2002, 01:16 AM
I think i have good friends of the opposite sex (i'm a straight male), they all know i'm straight and everything, but me, my 3 best friends out of the girls i know, and 2-3 of my best guy friends just sit and have wierd convos, about EVERYTHING, i think that's the sign of a good friendship, when you can talk about anything whether alone w/someone or in a group, like one time me and another guy were at the pool w/all 3 of them cuz one was working ticket counter and they just told us what it was like to be a girl, all the PMS crap and basically everything, some**** i didn't want to know til later when i had to, and then today i showed up at this girls house and it was me, and the 3 girls and one was wearing shorts and right there, just PHOOM, down came the shorts and she changed into pants, she wasn't wearing underwear either, and she didn't care i thought that was cool and a sign of her knowing that i know my limits and trusting me not to stare, the other 2 girls were like "oh my god i can't believe she did that'' but when i realized what was going on i repeated one of my sentences like twice, and she looked up after she was done "ok let's go!", what are your guys's view's on good friendships and **** like that? and what's the wierdest thing that's happened, i.e. my friend changin right in front of me?

obi
09-08-2002, 01:46 AM
I think that when you start insulting each other, and then you both laugh about it, it's good friendship.

The weirdest thing one of my friends have done to me is Kneed me in the face.

(don't ask)

Absurd
09-08-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by ep2 Anakin
(i'm a straight male)

Why does it matter what your orientation is?

Ratmjedi
09-08-2002, 01:53 AM
Well I think that you are good friends with someone when you talk about aspects of you're life that you don't with other people. Like there are people that you can talk about relationships, youre problems and stuff like that. I am in JROTC and I see girls change right in front of me and vice versa. Seeing someone change isnt that big of a deal, just a tease. :D

Good friends tell you stuff that you don't know about their life or stuff that they never told anyone before. You ask each other for opinions and advice. You are also are there for them when they need someone to talk to or when you need somoene to talk to. Good friends are people that you can depend on and vice versa.
:duel: :lsduel:

Tyrion
09-08-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I think that when you start insulting each other, and then you both laugh about it, it's good friendship.


Hmmm......

*remembers JKII game*


:D

-=|xXx|=-
09-08-2002, 02:12 AM
yeah cause i only got 3 good friends, like GOOOD phriends. yeah like my friend Max, we get along great, we diss on eachother and other people and laugh about it. same thing with Chris, and Ben. sometiimes Nick too but then nick can get ****y and turn into a b-tch, but he's still cool. and i got a few good friends who are girls, like Tara, Lisa, Jenn, and I all talked about masturbating, when we do it, ya kno stuff like that. so i figured ya kno girls who open
up like that to ya have got to be good friends with you(or their just skanks), but these are nice clean girls. and 1 of them happens to like me. and JUST today we went to the movies to see xXx, ya kno stuff would have happend, but she brought her friend incase i didnt show. but ya, its cool to have friends who are girls who you can talk to about ANYTHING are just the coooolest people in the world, cause they kno, and you kno, when you talk about sex and masturbating stuff like that you are getting aroused. so pretty much... its all good:);):D


edit-
And by the way, your story about girls dropping their pants infront of you is believable in my books, its like those 1 in a 1,000,000,000 things you get to do in life. trust me, they've happend to me too;) so i kno what its like if people say "oh you're soo full of ****, no girl would do something like that"

NerfYoda
09-08-2002, 03:09 AM
Dude you are so in! :D

Serously that just means shes comfortable enough with you to change her clothes in front of you. I'd say she considers you a friend. :)

Lunatic Jedi
09-08-2002, 03:58 AM
Would it be a sign of good friendship when your friend tries to kick you in the crotch regularly, then starts giggling hysterically.

Kstar__2
09-08-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
Would it be a sign of good friendship when your friend tries to kick you in the crotch regularly, then starts giggling hysterically.

:confused: don't think so:)

i got two really good friends, and alot of normal friends

one of my best friend is a girl, but we just talk about everything, and also diss eichother all the time



dewd, you roxor! can we change lives:D

C'jais
09-08-2002, 08:00 AM
I dunno, tough call - I don't think it's necessary to be able to talk about ANYTHING to be very good friends...

I'm sure there are some things you have difficulty talking about with even your best mates....

Then again, the only female friends I have are online so.... :rolleyes:

lsd|Wee Bitch
09-08-2002, 10:53 AM
True friends help you hide the bodies.... :D

Darth-Nasty
09-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by lsd|Wee Bitch
True friends help you hide the bodies.... :D

:eyeraise:

Weapon X
09-08-2002, 12:05 PM
you don't HAVE to be able to talk about anything but when you DO it does mean they trust you, i never thought about the secrets and dissin on each other then laughing about it, but yeah same here, it all constitutes to a good friend ship, my orientation was important cuz i have the strangest feeling girls would be more comfortable changing around a gay man than a straight one, cuz they KNOW the gay guy isn't interested, but this girl is HOT! but she has a b/f so i'm not gonna move in on it, and i'm NOT gonna tell him about it cuz he was paranoid before he left (for the Marines i might add) and i think he'd flip if he heard that:D
and how did you manage the ROTC thing? i'm in JROTC too, and, yes it's kinda happened before but not alot

Darklighter
09-08-2002, 12:11 PM
A good friendship I think is based on trust...if someone is a very close friend, you are able to trust them and tell them anything really...that is what I think...trust is the most important aspect in a friendship/relationship...

The Truthful Liar
09-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
A good friendship I think is based on trust...if someone is a very close friend, you are able to trust them and tell them anything really...that is what I think...trust is the most important aspect in a friendship/relationship...

And I don't think it mainly constitutes trust in the sense of showing bodily features. True friendship is meant for the cultivation of a relationship that is actually deeper than most g/f-b/f types nowadays, it involves trust on the basis of knowing a person's real internal self, not just the outward appearances you normally see.

Then again, just my opinion.

Cheers ;)

Darklighter
09-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AB_Legion


And I don't think it mainly constitutes trust in the sense of showing bodily features. True friendship is meant for the cultivation of a relationship that is actually deeper than most g/f-b/f types nowadays, it involves trust on the basis of knowing a person's real internal self, not just the outward appearances you normally see.

Then again, just my opinion.

Cheers ;)

That's what I meant Legion lol

Relationships nowadays are mainly formed now by the look and outward appearance of ppl...that is why so many couples do not last long, because they go solely for looks and not the actual person, who they are...I know I'm generalising a little bit lol, but I'm just saying...

Agen
09-08-2002, 12:20 PM
Word of warning: if things eventually go sour, theb prepare for the worst if you told them alot of things. :(
What a party pooper i am eh?

Weapon X
09-08-2002, 12:22 PM
what?

The Truthful Liar
09-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter


That's what I meant Legion lol

Relationships nowadays are mainly formed now by the look and outward appearance of ppl...that is why so many couples do not last long, because they go solely for looks and not the actual person, who they are...I know I'm generalising a little bit lol, but I'm just saying...

I know :)

I was just adding on abit, as you might have noticed at the beginning "And..... so and so" :D

And you know what, it's so true. People haredly get to know the real person inside and are already in bed the next day.

LadyGaladriel
09-08-2002, 01:12 PM
You know you have a good friendship if the person in question gets you something other than sparkly bath salts at Christmas.



Especially if you're a guy.

The Truthful Liar
09-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by LadyGaladriel
You know you have a good friendship if the person in question gets you something other than sparkly bath salts at Christmas.



Especially if you're a guy.

(I haven't seen you on the boards before and since you're new this is my way of saying hi and welcoming people. So I apologize if you've already recieved this before from someone else :))

Welcome to the forums, LadyGaladriel!!! Please accept this complimentary Lucasforums welcome basket filled with tons of goodies which you can snack on while browsing through our forums!! :D :D :D

This place is called the Swamp, home to any type of threads as long as it isn't spam. Valley of the Jedi consists of more serious threads that concern Jk2, and I'm sure you can figure out the others :D :D :D

Cheers and I hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

LadyGaladriel
09-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome AB_Legion. :)

Agen
09-08-2002, 01:40 PM
*gives galadriel a novelty spoon replica welcome gift* Always a pleasure :D

Sivy
09-08-2002, 01:44 PM
:wavey: hello Lady Galadriel

Kstar__2
09-08-2002, 02:02 PM
hi,

a little advice: avoid the right people, you'll know who i mean



j/k:D

have some cookies!

LadyGaladriel
09-08-2002, 02:07 PM
Thanks. :)

C'jais
09-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Yeah - Welcome to zee forums Galadriel!

And watch out for lexx - you might have a copyright lawsuit on ya hands within seconds, when she sees your name and avatar... :D :p j/k

gorganfloss
09-08-2002, 06:08 PM
I can tell because there are only like 3 people who tolerate me.:p

LadyGaladriel
09-08-2002, 06:24 PM
And watch out for lexx - you might have a copyright lawsuit on ya hands within seconds, when she sees your name and avatar

Yes, I just realised that! *urk* I honestly didn't know! :eek:

C'jais
09-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by LadyGaladriel


Yes, I just realised that! *urk* I honestly didn't know! :eek:

:D

Jus' kiddin' wit ya - LeXX changes her title, avatar and sig every two days.... No need to worry....

Pad
09-08-2002, 06:52 PM
i think its when u can talk and joke about anything.

C'jais
09-08-2002, 06:55 PM
Well, to bring this back on topic, here are my thoughts:

I also think trust is the key with a good relationship like someone else pointed out. When you can simply rest in their company without constantly being on your toes is a good sign. Of course, you can never be too certain of that, but just not having the feeling that you're being judged and monitored all the time in their company is good I guess.

Then, always being there for each other and taking care for one another is the epitome of a good friendship. No matter how well you like each other, if you can't be certain that you won't let each other down, it's not so good.

Darklighter
09-08-2002, 07:32 PM
The most important thing is to always be on the same wavelength...I mean if you know what the other person is thinking about, then that is a good sign of friendship, when you can look at someone and know what they are thinking...if you just click, you know like the same things and can talk about anything...and particularly in a relationship, you need to be sure you can commit to one another for all the time you can...it's not easy either...I just found out the hard way...so I'm not in a terribly good mood...well whatever, just always be there for them when they need you...

Arkum
09-08-2002, 07:43 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm.............




interesting...............



well, as long as one of your friends are not plotting to run up to you with a grenade and shove it down your throat...........

i think you can consider them good friends.

rfa_vasquez
09-08-2002, 07:55 PM
I think a good friendship is when your friend isnt good to you 1 day and makes fun of you the next.i think its when your pals for every day

Ratmjedi
09-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Well we manage the Rotc thing whenever we have a Drill Meet or a Parade. We just do it when our Instructor's aren't looking or in the room.
:duel: :lsduel:

Darth Groovy
09-09-2002, 01:18 AM
The Deed: A female freind of about 12 years asked me to pose as her boyfriend to make some guy jealous.

The Penalty: Deception begats deception, and deception is always wrong.

The Price: He didn't care anyway.

The Reward: I got french kiss a really good looking gal in front of a total stranger.

Life is strange that way.:D

Ratmjedi
09-09-2002, 01:38 AM
You lucky S.O.B!

Ratmjedi
09-09-2002, 01:40 AM
You lucky S.O.B!
But I'm not jealouse cause I love my g/f very much and all I need is her. But good going with the good looking gal in front of the stranger
:duel: :lsduel:

Divine Spirit
09-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Divine Spirit's rule of friendship:

If you have a really good friendly relationship with someone then you are either sleeping or they really hate you.

BlackDove
09-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ep2 Anakin
I think i have good friends of the opposite sex (i'm a straight male), they all know i'm straight and everything, but me, my 3 best friends out of the girls i know, and 2-3 of my best guy friends just sit and have wierd convos, about EVERYTHING, i think that's the sign of a good friendship, when you can talk about anything whether alone w/someone or in a group, like one time me and another guy were at the pool w/all 3 of them cuz one was working ticket counter and they just told us what it was like to be a girl, all the PMS crap and basically everything, some**** i didn't want to know til later when i had to, and then today i showed up at this girls house and it was me, and the 3 girls and one was wearing shorts and right there, just PHOOM, down came the shorts and she changed into pants, she wasn't wearing underwear either, and she didn't care i thought that was cool and a sign of her knowing that i know my limits and trusting me not to stare, the other 2 girls were like "oh my god i can't believe she did that'' but when i realized what was going on i repeated one of my sentences like twice, and she looked up after she was done "ok let's go!", what are your guys's view's on good friendships and **** like that? and what's the wierdest thing that's happened, i.e. my friend changin right in front of me?

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif

C'jais
09-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El


http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif

LOL - Love that smily!

:rofl:

Altus_Thrawn
09-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Well, I think your pretty good friends with somebody when you both consider yourselves good friends. (Or when they change in front of you :eek: )...

fat_101
09-09-2002, 06:51 PM
i think good friends are there at the worst times for each other, and can tell them anything , get laughed at..... ok just me then :(

Truthfully one of my BEST friends is female and it got to the point of really liking her but that passed and now we r like brother and sister that we both never had. :)

FATTEH

UberBub
09-09-2002, 06:52 PM
I don't have any friends, pity me :(
As was previously mentioned, people only care about looks anymore. I don't look good... so, eh, I'm alright on my own :D

FatalStrike
09-09-2002, 10:28 PM
I've had "friends" that changed in front of me. I must say that I didn't show your restraint and I took their hint and went for it. No regrets here buddy :devscare:

A real friend is a person that is willing to get their @sses kicked with you, and will not bail when you need them. They know when you are down on yourself without you having to say anything or act any different, they can just tell. A true friend will always go out for a beer with you and talk about stupid **** until a women walks by and both of you stop to stare make a quick comment and invite her back to your other friends house that has no idea you are coming by his house with a rack of women you convinced to home with you after a long night at the club. That is a friend, and if you haven't done that, then my friends are better then yours. :D