PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Sephiroth

Twisted Vertex
09-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Ok, sorry about the new thread, I saw in the request thread somebody wanting the sephorith, and I already had a thread out, Though it didn't advertise what it was...

I had to redo the whole model in max. Becasue the exporter in softimage is LAME. Then i couldn't even import the model into 3d studio max. Oh well here is the redo version.. This is about 2.5 hourse of work.

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/new.jpg

Sorry again for the new thread.

EDIT.......I apologize for the SUPER lame quality...

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Link is broken... I tried to copy and paste but to no avail. Models always start out in poor quality. I'm sure it will be great. :) Great luck to you on this great model.

Lord Tnuc
09-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Hell yeah. I hope you'll be doing different versions such as one with his game attire, one with his other game attire, and maybe a couple of customs with him...to keep it sorta...newish.

Edit: To add to that, perhaps you could add in his sheath...sticking out back. With the hilt of the Masamune missing of course..

Leonheart
09-08-2002, 07:47 PM
It would be sweet to have a version of him with his shirt and coat on. :p

perhaps someone could take the time out of their day to model the masamune?

Midgit Yoda
09-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Wow Musashi, I like that one better than the softimage one. Yeah, I'm having gay problems with Assimilate just like you, if I can't get Cloud in game I'm just gonna give up on JK2 lol.

Xyphox
09-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Woe! That's sweet, so's Cloud.

Sephiroth CR
09-08-2002, 09:03 PM
I am so happy that someone is finally making Sephiroth for JK2. Since i'm a big fan of Final Fantasy 7, could u let me know when he's finished? It would be cool if he came with the masamune.
Good luck!

-Chrono_MOT-
09-09-2002, 12:41 PM
I'll model the masamune if you want ^_^.

Midget, I'd be happy to know how you did Cloud's hair. I'd love to use the same technique for my...umm...model. Yea...that's the ticket ^_^.

Midgit Yoda
09-09-2002, 04:45 PM
Well first off, it took me about 3 hours total to get the whole hair and to get it as low poly as possible. Basically, I reconstructed the top of the head and moved a TON of vertexes and rotated them, scaled them, collapsed them hehe. Shoo, I am glad I won't have to do that again lol.

Twisted Vertex
09-10-2002, 09:18 PM
seporith has just been run thorugh assimalte no errors have occured. Only took a half hour to roubleshoot all the errors.......YIPPEE.....I will get an in game shot shortly.

Twisted Vertex
09-10-2002, 10:06 PM
I am getting some errors in game, its using the default model kyle.

missing animation file model/players/seph/_humanoid

that folder is my c:/base/models/player/seph folder that i used to compile the model.

I am trying everything possible combiantion to figure this out....

Twisted Vertex
09-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Yeah so I figured out the problem, I just compile everyhting within ght humanoid folder. So, thanks for the replies.

However there seems to be a hierarchy problem. Sephorith only has a torso. Everything is steming from l_leg Surface 0. I am going to go back into max, what would be the best way to get torso as surface zero, and link everything from there.

hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 10:45 AM
What about Spehroth's trenchcoat? We just drop that all together (which truthfully doesn't look half bad without it)?

Twisted Vertex
09-11-2002, 11:47 AM
I slapped him into mod view. Now the torso and head are the. howver the right arm and both hands, including the hips and legs, and fliped horzontally, and lining an couple inches from the model.

Sephiroth CR
09-11-2002, 03:55 PM
I think it would be a good idea to make Sephiroth's eyes glow green. Also, what are u going to use for his taunt?

PEACE

Twisted Vertex
09-11-2002, 04:45 PM
here is a screen shot

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/screen.jpg

anybody know whats casuing this? I am completely mistified, IF that hips/arms and legs can be flipped i am set. But how?

By the way, I got the floating head to work in game...lol....the hair moves REALLY NICE.

hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Wow, that's weird....

Anyways, on that glowing eyes thing, through the use of shaders that could be occomplished.

Covax
09-11-2002, 09:05 PM
:cool: On the taunt, just take the Orchestral version of One Wiinged Angel and use the chorus line 'Se-fi-roth!" or the 'bell' sound, that would be sweet.

hawk_of_war
09-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Or you could just rip sounds from Kingdon Hearts, if you get it.

Midgit Yoda
09-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Sorry I didn't reply already, it seems that for some reason LucaSForums is not showing me new posts in threads.
Anyway, I had the same kind of problem with Dark Helmet whenever I got him through assimilate except I never could get him to load in game. anyway, What anavel told me to do was to connect the parts that are wrong to the existing parts and then detatch them and name em, then link them and re-weight them if necessary. It worked for mod view with helmet but I never could get JK2 to let him load in game correctly.

-Chrono_MOT-
09-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Cloud is the one in Kingdom Hearts, not Sephiroth (that we know of).

If I can ever get my 3dsmax to work I'm starting on some Chrono Trigger models.

Sam
09-12-2002, 10:50 PM
No Sephiroth is in there some one posted pics in the swamp

Lord Infamous
09-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Thats awsome -Chrono_MOT- , Chrono is my favorite Squaresoft character ever and i think he would fit nice in JO

hawk_of_war
09-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Chrono, I have a subscription to Playstation Official Magazine and they've been running all Squaresoft character crossovers, Sephroth is one of them. Infact we Amercians get a bonus in that we get to kick his ass, unlike the Japanese version.

Besides, what would Cloud be without Sephroth?

bomberman_xc
09-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Looking good!! My best friend is a big time FF guy. Will there be a version with his trench coat? because taht would kick serious ass!

Sephiroth CR
09-13-2002, 06:30 PM
You should have Sephiroth come with his masamune. It would be cool if u could make him have a special attack, like when he stabs Aeris through the back. And it would be a one hit kill, but it would be hard to do.

By the way, where do u download the tools to make models?
And what is this Kingdom Hearts everyone is talkin about?
I never heard of it.

Zedar
09-14-2002, 05:44 AM
I've been waiting for a Sephiroth model since I got JK2
Sephiroth rules!!!:)

Edit: And of course what would Sephiroth be without his Masamune:)

Zedar
09-14-2002, 07:08 AM
Did someone post pics of Kingdom Hearts' Sephiroth???
Can u give me a link?:)

And Sephiroth CR, Kingdom Hearts is an rpg game that combines Final Fantasy with Disney...made by Square of course:)

GameWarriorX1
09-14-2002, 10:05 AM
here ya go zedar there are some Sephiroth pictures here u just got to look for em http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&article_id=370690&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer%26pagetype% 3Darticle&page_title=Kingdom+Hearts+Final+Mix+Images

Zedar
09-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Thanks a lot GameWarrior!!:)
Now...I'll go check the whole site:)

Zedar
09-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Damn!
I can only watch 5 pics! :mad2: (well I did watch 10 but now it says it's limited to 5 per day)

Sephiroth CR
09-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Where can I go to get a picture of Sephiroth for my avatar?
I'm having alot of trouble with this.

GameWarriorX1
09-14-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Zedar
Thanks a lot GameWarrior!!:)
Now...I'll go check the whole site:)

No problem glad to help

Zedar
09-15-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey Sephiroth CR try Google's image search
Maybe you'll find a good pic there:)

Twisted Vertex
09-15-2002, 08:05 PM
Ok, I have narrowed the problem down to something going horrible wrong with the translation to xsi format. I made sure the heirarchy is perfect, Then export it out to 3.0 xsi. I then re-import that model (in xsi format) and everything is off. I checked the hierarchy in the imported model...everything is gone EXCEPT the skeleton root and mesh root node. All the children of those nodes are gone, and the parent Model root is gone also.

Anybody have a similar problem?

Xyphox
09-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Hey Sephiroth CR, what kind of pic did you want to use? I'll try to get one for ya, I'll put some kind of text in the pic too, if you want, so no one can steal it. Man this is gonna be sweet once cloud and sephiroth are finished we can have some cool battles.

edit-
btw I have a nice one of the sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts that I was gonna use for myself, but I decided to stick with my old one.

Twisted Vertex
09-15-2002, 11:15 PM
Ok, I did another test. I froze the model root node. It presevered its children..Skeleton root and Mesh root. It also presereved the children of skeleton/mesh root. Though it didn't preseve the link and parent Model root. infact it's nowhere to be found.

I suspect If i somehow preserve the link everything should be fine. Does anybody know how to preserve this link.

bomberman_xc
09-16-2002, 08:29 PM
yup........ the old trenchcoat for sephiroth would be mighty fine right about now. And can you post a pic??

Zedar
09-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey Xyphox, where did u find your Kingdom Hearts' Sephiroth avatar? I'm just asking cos I've been looking for one:)

Zedar
09-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Ok I saved the pic from the link that GameWarrior posted...but...errrrr....a newb question....how can I make it smaller? :newbie:

Andy867
09-17-2002, 02:10 PM
You could use a program like Adobe Photoshop to resize it, or liek Hex Graphical Workshop would work. there are plenty of freeware image editing programs out there. But i hope the model is going well, Mushasi112. By the way, could I nominate myself for beta testing for when the time comes, that way I can post a review on the JKII.Net news page so people can know what to expect of this great looking WIP model.?

Twisted Vertex
09-17-2002, 02:16 PM
sniff sniff......that would be awesome. However The model is still completely fubared in the translation from dot max format to xsi. I am think of completely redo the model. should take to long becasue I use a generic model that I made.

Sephiroth CR
09-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey Xyphox, i would really appreciate it if u saved me a pic of Sephiroth 4 my Avatar. And it would be cool if we battled once Sephiroth and Cloud are completed. By the way, what name do u go by when u play JKII?

Xyphox
09-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Sephiroth CR, I sent you a PM.

Zedar
09-18-2002, 08:29 AM
Xyphox, are u gonna give him the Kingdom Hearts' Sephiroth? If not...can u give it to me? If not..
Can someone make the pic smaller and take only the smaller Sephy (the left one) from here:Click (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1582445&article_id=370690&channel_id=70&page_title=Kingdom+Hearts+Final+Mix+Images&adtag=network%3Dign%26pagetype%3Darticle%26site%3D ps2viewer&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Farticles%2F3 70%2F370690p1.html)
Please?:)

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 05:38 PM
here's a great pic. You get a good look at his trenchcoat to :D

http://www.falconmoogle.com/Sephiroth.gif

hawk_of_war
09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
That's the closest pic I've seen to the fmv Sephroth, and the model I think you should be basing the model off of.

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 05:58 PM
another:
http://www.animecastle.com/ACMOD-FF04.html

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 06:02 PM
if your going to make a new model please base it off of the first pic i provided, it's such a kick ass pic.

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 06:04 PM
does anyone else besides hawk_of_war agree w/me that musashi122 should base the new model and/or the existing one off of this pic???

hawk_of_war
09-18-2002, 06:09 PM
bomberman_xc, use the edit next time, it saves space

bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 06:16 PM
sorry about that, never used it before so i never really thought about it

cROsIs**
09-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Ohhhhh Mushashi, This model is so bland ;)

Nice work, Im getting back to work on ROTJ TC too, yip yip

Eldritch
09-18-2002, 09:45 PM
I guess I'm out of the loop, but what the hell happened to the link the WIP pics were on? I can't see any of them. Just tells me the page isn't found or something.

-Anakin

Zedar
09-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Can someone make me an avatar...? (I dunno where I should post this) I posted the link earlier...There's a pic of Sephiroth from KH....Can someone make me an avatar of the left Sephy in the pic....If yes, PM me...please?

Zedar
09-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Ummmm......I dunno why the link isn't working but the link GameWarrior posted on the first page works:) From there choose Sephiroth artwork

Xyphox
09-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Sorry I didn't respond to you yesterday Zedar, but I didn't have time to get on. The answer is yes, I can give you a Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth avatar. Do you want his whole body including/excluding the wing, or did you want me to zoom in on the face? I can do whatever you want.

-edit
I could also give you one of Kingdom Hearts Cloud.

Marth
09-20-2002, 09:36 PM
WHEN IS THIS MODEL GONNA FINISH!?:mad: I GROW IMPATIENT :lsduel: im agreesing my anger nerdy stlye

bomberman_xc
09-20-2002, 09:41 PM
calm down ya greedy bastard..lol...damn. Would you rather have a P.O.S. model or a nice one that gets the job done.

Midgit Yoda
09-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Can we say, "edit rather than new post"?
Anyway, Musashi, I know for some reason you're PO'd at me, but I just wanted to see how the model was coming along and to tell ya for whatever reason you're Pissed at me, I'm sorry.

Twisted Vertex
09-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Dude, Relax I am not mad at you Midget Yoda.

Ok, Last time I am going to ask this. I have been working on this for quite sometime and NO progress. I can't preserve the model root when I export the model out to xsi. Probably the reason why the mesh is getting screwed up.

ANYTHING, throw me a bone here.

Oh hey meat head, go here.........www.discreet.com

or www.milkshape3d.com

Edit......midget check your pm box

Twisted Vertex
09-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Ok, Forgot to add this amount of information. I have two max programs open and comaprign the two hierarchies. One of the jedi-trainer and the heirarchy of my own model. Everything seems to be in perfect order. So I export the model out to the xsi 3.0 format.

I re-import the model back into max. There is two nodes in the hierarchy mesh root and skeleton root. Somehow Model Root is missing. I am siginalling this as the pssible problem to why the mesh is roatating 180 degrees.

I used the skeleton from this forum, So i thought that was the issue. I imported a fresh root xsi and got a new skeleton and tags. Same thing, Maybe the mesh moved all of 12 degrees counter clockwise but thats it.

I tried Freezing the Model Root node, however there appears to be no effect. I even tried to link the model root to another fresh node thinking well, that new node will disapear and I'll have just the model root and its Children.......WRONG!! I am stuck with the new node, it does not disapear when I export the mesh...

If anybody is interested in viewing the problem for themselves, I'll post a .zip file of the dot max.

bomberman_xc
09-21-2002, 12:42 AM
post the zip, i would like to see what's going on w/it

Midgit Yoda
09-21-2002, 01:31 AM
Sounds like something's all ****ed up with your exporter. That's sorta like what happened to Ronin's Jawa model except his was like that when he's put it in game. I tried to figure out what was wrong with his but I just couldn't think what it could be. Send it over to me Musashi and I'll see what I can do (the .max file).

Zedar
09-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Aaaaaarrrrghhhh!!! I can't decide wich avatar should I use!!:(

edit: Thank u Xyphox for the great avatars:)

Sephiroth CR
09-21-2002, 10:22 AM
Hey Xyphox, I emailed u saying i would like a pic of Sephiroth among the burning flames of Nibelheim for my avatar, and u haven't sent anything back. Can u get that avatar for me plese?

-Chrono_MOT-
09-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Hey! Sephiroth is in KH? Kick-ASS!!

Twisted Vertex
09-21-2002, 11:35 AM
http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/sephorith.max

here it is...

Midgit Yoda
09-21-2002, 11:47 AM
umm, I right click and select save target as and it gives me an HTML file saying no hotlinking basically. It would be ton's better if you could post that in a zip file Musashi, if I can get the .max file to download correctly I will get to work on it asap.

EDIT: can't get it to work, you're gonna have to post a .zip file

Twisted Vertex
09-21-2002, 03:02 PM
http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/sephorith.zip

sorry about that...just click the link twice...once close the window the re-click it and the download will begin.

Xyphox
09-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Hey, Sephiroth CR, sorry I don't read my e-mail that much. Anyway I sent you a PM with some links to some avatars you can have.

bleek
09-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Marth how many times have you asked that question? How many times has someone anwsered you? You saw me talking about my rank...Gungan and Jawa and stuff.....and you even responded to it. You know it is a rank according to how many posts you have.

bleek
09-22-2002, 12:43 PM
I haven't mocked you at all. I've anwsered your questions at every turn.....every time you ask the same question over and over. I've tried to help you and give you advice...like not making 2 different threads of the same questions. Oh well, you may be hopeless.

Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Okay c'mon guys keep on topic. Back to Sephiroth. I'll finish weighting Sephiroth I guess then I'll try to get him in game.I'll post when I have news

Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Okay Musashi, question. When you tried to get him through Assimilate, did it give you the spine_eff not found error?

Twisted Vertex
09-22-2002, 02:13 PM
Nope, He compiled fine and everything for me. However the only issue i had was the deal with the mesh. When ever I exported the model out to xsi, everything roated 180 degrees. I think the only thing that stayed in place was the l_arm/torso/head ...Never hand any errors besides that. I never compiled him ether with the new skeleton implemented. Which might be the issue with yours. Before I sent it out I did a brief experiment where i implemented a new skeleton to be sure it wasn't my links or what not.

Well, try taking out that skeleton and use the one that darth vigrid so gracosly allowed us to have.......Well back to my photoshop class. Later man.

Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 02:25 PM
alright I'll try darths weighted skeleton (which I use also lol).

Twisted Vertex
09-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Does it export to xsi fine? everything in order?

Sephiroth CR
09-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanx alot Xyphox for the avatar. I really appreciate it.

:)

Xyphox
09-22-2002, 05:12 PM
No problem, glad I could help. And sorry for spamming up your thread musashi...I mean Twisted Vertex.

El Sitherino
09-23-2002, 12:02 AM
can you make jk2 models from 3ds models?(just wondering)

Darth Vigrid
09-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Twisted Vertex
Nope, He compiled fine and everything for me. However the only issue i had was the deal with the mesh. When ever I exported the model out to xsi, everything roated 180 degrees. I think the only thing that stayed in place was the l_arm/torso/head ...Never hand any errors besides that. I never compiled him ether with the new skeleton implemented. Which might be the issue with yours. Before I sent it out I did a brief experiment where i implemented a new skeleton to be sure it wasn't my links or what not.

Well, try taking out that skeleton and use the one that darth vigrid so gracosly allowed us to have.......Well back to my photoshop class. Later man.

Yeah, the xsi exporter can do some weird stuff sometimes. I had the same problem, only 1000 times worse with my model. I had to unlink the model, do the resetXforms, and reweight and link everything over again. Do this as a last resort. Don't worry, I know it's frustrating, but once you get your first model in-game, the process becomes much easier. Glad you're making good use of my skeleton. Good Luck.

Oh, and InsaneSith if you mean .3ds files, of course you can, you just have to fit it around the jk2 skeleton.

Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 08:24 AM
hmm, thats something I have yet to try. thank you for that tip.

Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Anybody figure out how to keep the model root, in the xsi format. It keeps disapearing.

Midgit Yoda
09-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Well I've been workin on it quite a bit lately. I'll export it, and import the xsi and nothing will be there other than stupidtriangle_off. I have no clue why b/c there is NO freakin reason why it shouldn't WORK!!!!! I've edited stuff, I've moved stuff, I've exported, imported, exported, imported AND IT'S NOT WORKING! I think what the problem is, is that there are just some models that for some gay reason cannot go in game (Dark Helmet grrrrr, don't get me started on that one).

Darth Vigrid
09-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Your heirarchy is wrong. Look in spaceMonkey's tutorial and follow everything exactly. Maybe you made your mistake here:

--------------------
hips
-select and link it to stupidtriangle_off
--------------------
stupidtriangle_off
-select and link it to mesh_root
--------------------
mesh_root
-slect and link it to model_root

Midgit Yoda
09-23-2002, 05:47 PM
WTF are u talkin about. Cloud isn't done. He's at 0 percent b/c I have to start over. I'll resume him after I finish Gumby.

Eldritch
09-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Marth, you know... you really show your age in everything you say and do. You repeat things over and over. You frequently miss the point. You yell and scream, and demand, and act like a 12 year old (which, coincidentally, you are) having a temper tantrum. Just relax, calm down, and think about what you're saying before you just blurt it out. Remember, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be assumed a fool then to open it and remove all doubt."

-Anakin

bomberman_xc
09-23-2002, 11:17 PM
All that Marth is trying to do is post as many responses as possible to increase his rating. Look at me, considering how long i've been on this forum, my post count is considerably small. I only post when it is relevant to the thread or it is something important to me. Marth you just need to tone it down and quit with your 12 yr. old incoherent ramblings....it's extremely annoying...

Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 11:22 PM
I only post when it is relevant to the thread or it is something important to me.

um ok......is this relevant to sephorith?.......oh. We all know its a kid, probably tru weed smoka, just ignore them and they all go away.

bomberman_xc
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
it may not be relevevant to the thread but it falls under the category of "important to me".....it was an issue that i fealt needed to be addressed, btw hope everything works out with sephiroth (relevant to thread)....

Double_S84
09-26-2002, 05:02 AM
Hey twisted im thinkin, when my Squall and Midget Yodas Cloud are done, we should do a final fantasy model pack ith all of our characters. what do ya think?

HAHA somone should do a seifer im too busy with the Squall.
You know just to have like good guy bad guy themes goin on.

BTW i got some pics of it now if ne one is interested. They are over at my thread. :D

Double_S84
09-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Sorry bout two posts

Twisted Vertex
09-26-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all your help and input everyone. Couldn't of gotten this far without you. This community is by far the best, in offering quick help to people who need it....Again I thank you.

Incase you didn't notice that was a "bit" of sarcasm. I just don't understand...

Double_S84
09-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Twisted i would answer your ? but ihave no idea. Maybe if ya posted pics we could help ya. I know i would.
i cant wait for this model personaly.

Dont get all upset man.

Sephiroth CR
09-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Ok, i know this question is totally unrelated to Sephiroth, but I figure someone here might know (or not).
No servers are apearing when i click new list in the join game area of the game. It keeps on saying "searching for servers" and no servers are appearing. It started when I downloaded JediPlus version 3.5 , so I know its linked to this. Or maybe i'm doing something wrong. All I know is that I want to join a game and no games are appearing in the list. If anyone knows what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong, plese tell me.

P.S.-I KNOW this is the wrong area to be asking this-I just want help.

Xyphox
09-27-2002, 10:50 PM
The only idea I can think of about the model is I would go and ask Toonces, or Sithlord-II or Major Clod, you know, someone that's done some decent models. Send it to one of them and ask if they can figure out what's wrong. Because they have a lot of experience with this stuff.

Double_S84
09-28-2002, 05:00 AM
Post a pic so we can help ya. This thread is dyin.

I think we shouold accually thank Marth for keepin it alive.:chop1:

Twisted Vertex
09-28-2002, 06:06 PM
He's ingame........Sorta...I have realized tons of errors that I have made along my journey to completeing my first player model for Jk2. So, I jumped back a couple of saves....About the part where I mirror half of sephorith. I need to add a good number of polygons to where the problem areas are. I found the reason for the nast bend in the back of the knee was due to lack of polygons....

Twisted Vertex
09-28-2002, 10:40 PM
HI, I have an update.......I started FRESH, yeah FRESH. Doesn't look to much different looking at the mesh. However the wirefram has to many improvments its SICK.....ok. If anybody has any grievances with the model let me know. The only thing I am disappointed with is the head and hair. Trying to think up some type of method. I want to achieve an anime look, So most of the face will probably be painted on. Though the model only clocks in at 1,700 polys I do have room to, GO SICK :D

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/sephii.jpg

Twisted Vertex
09-28-2002, 11:31 PM
I hope to complete the mesh before i goto sleep tonight. I have a good 2 hours of work before I start spacing out ...........:D

I am doing some experiments with the hair.....don't quite know how I want to do it.....Looks to neat and perfect right now, Which I hope to change.

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 12:10 AM
http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/hair.jpg

Experimental....what do you think? I think Its quite interesting, though highly unrealistic....Flows to much with no wind :) ...

Double_S84
09-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Like the model but the hair errr not very much. Those two peices on the side are just not right.

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 12:47 AM
hmmmmmmmmm......Yeah I was thinking the same.....Oh well, Thanks for the input.

Double_S84
09-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Good luck i can tell the ghair is gonna be a bitch.

Eldritch
09-29-2002, 01:08 AM
Perhaps try making his hair pointy, rather than rounded like you have it. His hair was more pointy and straight-like in FF7. With round and smooth, it looks like he's gotten a perm. :D

-Anakin

gorganfloss
09-29-2002, 01:14 AM
Nice model u got there.
And ya, the hair does look a bit...um...off.:rolleyes:

Midgit Yoda
09-29-2002, 01:36 AM
Heh I actually thought the hair looked quite kewl. GUess I'm a weirdo....

Zedar
09-29-2002, 06:53 AM
It goes to web1000.globalreachinc.com/and something. What should I do from there to see the pics? I really wanna see this

FAJ_Simon
09-29-2002, 07:00 AM
great job man keep up the good work but they are right the hair needs some work other than that it looks awesome u da man! hair kinda looks like macaroni and cheeese *drool* *goes to cook some MnC*

-Chrono_MOT-
09-29-2002, 09:32 AM
Cel-shaded Sephiroth eh? I can do that. I was going to make my Crono model have the DBZ-like anime look. I was planning to do something along the same lines with Midgit's Cloud model.

The key to this is to make sure his eyes have just a little depth (that he has eyebrows and cheekbones) so that way the skin doesn't look like garbage.

Marth
09-29-2002, 09:50 AM
I have an idea vertex with his hair, just get rid of the side strands you have then it may look a little better

DOn't forget to include his marsume, u can find swords some where in jediknightii.net I have a ladder map when they use swords so it does exist

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 12:48 PM
I am gonna include the holder for his sword on his back our side not sure yet. I am gonna Fix is hair up. Just thought is was WAY WAY To plain.

Marth
09-29-2002, 01:17 PM
ok...........................(aukward pause)

I think it be profesional to put it to his side, if u look at him in the game ITS NEVER ON HIS BACK ALWAYS AT HIS SIDE

but if you want sephiroth to look accurtate cut those to hair strands on the side of his head to make him look more accurate

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 01:42 PM
I am searching the net for ingame shot of sephorith. I found one where He is standing in fire. I see the hair, Instead of it coming form the sides, it splits at the end....Hmmmm...

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 02:40 PM
HI, ok an Update for you :)

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/seph3.jpg

if you haveing problem click the click then close it. Then click it again.

I included a wireframe view. so the pro's out there can say where the polys are and are not needed.

I am having trouble visualizing the face. It doesn't look right in the viewport, but The render does it somewhat justice. The side view isn't to pleasing.......anybody have some suggestions.

The current polycount is 1877.....So I still have room to GO SICK :)

Toonces
09-29-2002, 02:58 PM
I really dont see too many areas where I would optimize, perhaps add a few polys to shape up the midsection/hip area. You've got tons polys in the bank to do some subdivision of the face and add detail. I really like arms, the mucsles look great :)

Oh, quick little tip, model the feet and legs in a strait position, I see you have the feet aranged so that they are bending inward quite a bit. When in game his legs will straiten out but his ankles will be rolled inward too much, it'll look wierd. Easy to do, just rotate the feet a little

Keep up the good work :)

edit: by strait I mean follow the current angle you have on the model, dont straiten the bones, all you need to do it rotate out the ankles a bit

Haemon
09-29-2002, 04:23 PM
The new hair is nice; more natural looking. Since you can't get hair to move you could make 4 or 5 models with different hair and have a script so its constantly changing but then again your computer might have a heart attack. :)

Also after you're done the model are you going to add on his trench coat and make it selectable like the Tyrion model?

Keep the excellent work and good luck.

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Yes there will be a trench coat model...

Toonces,My course of action with face is to Give it the ingame look of ffv11

http://www.deling.net/sephiroth/seph04.jpg

My intentions are to paint most of the features on the face...eyes and mouth to keep the anime look. If anybody is interested I will release and SDK so people can skin to there liking.

Midgit Yoda
09-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Question for my own reference as well. In my cloud model I basically made a head almost identicle to Sephiroths (without the hair). Do you think it's really necessary to have the nost actually Meshed on the character or would it look fine to have the nose merely skinned on?

Twisted Vertex
09-29-2002, 07:27 PM
I would mesh the nose.....Pretty simple process acutally.

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/seph4.jpg

If will release the .max if anybody wants to skin him...I am getting a new modeling prog on Wesenday, and Am really getting frustrated with the constant crashes occurring in max..SERENTIYY NOW!!!!!

I can barely uvw mapp with out it crashing everyother action. Its werid, for awhile it won't crash.....Then there is a time if i breath, or move funny, BAM!!!!! I am staring at my desktop, cursing.

Phizzle
09-29-2002, 07:31 PM
It looks like the hair is curving. I think Sephy has hair that goes kinda straight up then down not a curve like you have now also the hair looks kinda fat at the end

Midgit Yoda
09-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Yeah I had to redo the whole head to get enough segments to get a decent face. I think I finally got it though now. And god my 3dsmax crashes like a million times a day as well. lol. It hits the desktop and I'm sittin there saying stuff I didn't even know that I knew lol.

MysticSpade
09-29-2002, 09:14 PM
this may just be me but i still religiously play FF7 and i have never seen Sephiroth carry a sheath for his sword. also his hair is a little longer than it is in your pic. and his bangs come out at a 45-50 degree angle then come str8 down. i will try to find some reference pics of which i speak.

Vincent EX-Turk
09-30-2002, 02:06 AM
this may just be me but i still religiously play FF7 and i have never seen Sephiroth carry a sheath for his sword.

I also play FF7, and your right he doesnt have a sheath for his sword.

ASk
09-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Most posts by Marth were deleted (off-topic, flaming, spam)

He got his first and last warning.
Feel free to report his posts if he continues to spam, it will just get him banned.

Have a nice day.

Eldritch
09-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Thank you sooo much.

Zedar
09-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Why can't I go to the site where the pics are??? It jumps to this other site....

Marth
09-30-2002, 03:37 PM
I have an idea for sephiroth's sword thingy don't give him a holster for his marsume (he doesn't have one) instead see if you can make a stance of him holding his marsume so its pointing backwards when he walks & runs when he turns his saber (sword) off, when he has it out ready to attack he holds it like the other models.

wha do ya think? use ful or not?

im hurt most people don't enjoy my presence makes me feel bad, really bad

TheWhiteRaider
10-01-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Vincent EX-Turk

I also play FF7, and your right he doesnt have a sheath for his sword.

He sort of did, but it was more of a ring on his belt. Not a big sheath like that. But then again it doesn't look too bad.

I have an idea for sephiroth's sword thingy don't give him a holster for his marsume (he doesn't have one) instead see if you can make a stance of him holding his marsume so its pointing backwards when he walks & runs when he turns his saber (sword) off, when he has it out ready to attack he holds it like the other models.

That would be hard to do. And it requires a $15k dollar program(Correct me if I'm wrong)

MysticSpade
10-01-2002, 01:38 AM
actually he does not even have a ring for his sword when they r tiny in the game of FF7 they just stuck the sword to his side. he has nothin to sheath his sword. and the swords name is "Massumune" i have a replica of the sword that it is modeled after. the handle is 2' long and the blade is (on mine) is 5 1/2 possible 6' in length. but Sephiroth walked with his sword flatside down on his shoulder whilst holdin in his hand (this is in the cutscenes of the game, when he's not killin someone). so there's no sheath for his sword. especially if your modelin the Sephiroth from the final battle in Clouds mind where he was in his pants and boots no shirt. those who've made it this far in the FF7 game no what i'm talkin bout.

Darth Vigrid
10-01-2002, 01:55 AM
I always thought his sword was the masamune, the same one Edge used in FF4.

MysticSpade
10-01-2002, 01:58 AM
it is the same sword tis just a diff title they change the titles of weapons in FF games for some stupid reason.

EDIT: my bad it is the same title
i changed the name in my previous post

Zedar
10-01-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vigrid
I always thought his sword was the masamune, the same one Edge used in FF4.
It is Masamune

MysticSpade
10-01-2002, 02:20 PM
i corrected myself on my posts

Marth
10-01-2002, 04:42 PM
OK Vertex i made my portrait a sephiroth pic determine what u need from it (it may not be much)

Eldritch
10-01-2002, 06:27 PM
Marth,

Just so you know, it's an avatar, not a portrait.

-Anakin

Midgit Yoda
10-01-2002, 06:40 PM
YEah and the avatar is tiny. Post a link to something. Also I'm sure he has plenty of reference pics.

Twisted Vertex
10-01-2002, 09:43 PM
YEah so, everything is complete. I removed the sword holster thing. everything went through assimalte fine, and look nice in modview. Ingame was a new story. PURE HELL.......SERENITY NOW!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!

breath......ok....He has no head, The arms are holding the saber behind his back, the saber is like 15 feet in the air. He walks like he is friggin drunk, and the are nice little spaces between the segements. My question, What kind of person wants to go through this each model? .........My god this is horrible.

Ut2k3 is looking sooooooooooooo good right now.

Midgit Yoda
10-01-2002, 10:28 PM
Sounds like my gumby model (the first time). No segments broken in modview then in game they were all over the place. Plus his saber was all over the place too. Try re attaching it all and then detaching it.

bomberman_xc
10-02-2002, 01:27 AM
for the trenchcoat model.....very good:
http://www.falconmoogle.com/Sephiroth.gif

MysticSpade
10-02-2002, 03:28 AM
did he even say he was doin a trenchcoat model

Midgit Yoda
10-02-2002, 09:22 AM
In his old thread he did say he might do a trench-coat model of Sephiroth. He's havin a lotta problems right now with Sephy though. Musashi, if u want me to work on it, send the .max files and skin files and all to me at zash@redwallstudios.com I'll be able to work on him a bit tonight. I think I know what the problemo is.

Twisted Vertex
10-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Problem is the aligment of the tags.......I am gonna try aligning everything. I'll see about doing it after my morning ride....until then.........I am gonna put it off for a bit....TOmmorrow my new 3d app comes in the mail....Ut2k3 here i come.

TheWhiteRaider
10-02-2002, 09:37 PM
I know one thing is that Cloud said after Presedent Shinra(Not Rufus) that Sephiroth was the only one that could use the Masamune. Man that must be a big sword.

MysticSpade
10-02-2002, 09:49 PM
read my post bout the size of it it's on one of the last 2 pages.

Eldritch
10-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Wouldn't it just have been easier (and nicer) for you to *tell* him the measurements, rather than having him search through the thread to find it?

-Anakin

Sephiroth CR
10-05-2002, 12:20 AM
What is Ut2k3? Everyone is talkin about it and I have no idea what it is.

Eldritch
10-05-2002, 12:34 AM
UT2K3 stands for : Unreal Tournament 2003.

-Anakin

Sephiroth CR
10-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Ok. Is it a video game?

Twisted Vertex
10-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Do you live in a cave?

Sephiroth CR
10-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Sorry but i didn't know if it was a tournament u enter to compete or just a video game. I didn't know

:(

Midgit Yoda
10-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Yep he lives in a cave hehe j/k

Double_S84
10-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Nothin is wrong with caves:D

Sephiroth CR
10-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Ok, i have an idea for Sephiroth. Would it be possible to make Sephiroth have his red special altered, so he would jump up high and come down with his sword and stab the other person through the back (the same way he killed Aeris) instead of doin the downward hack? It may sound kinda stupid but i've been wonderin about that for awhile.

Zedar
10-06-2002, 09:15 AM
Could be a little tricky...:D I don't think it's possible but it would be cool though:)

Sephiroth CR
10-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Ok, i have a question about Kingdom Hearts (just so ya know, i havent got the game yet). Can u play as Sephiroth or Cloud anywhere in the game? Also, is there some kind of multiplayer mode or a battle for fun mode?

Sam
10-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth CR
Ok, i have a question about Kingdom Hearts (just so ya know, i havent got the game yet). Can u play as Sephiroth or Cloud anywhere in the game? Also, is there some kind of multiplayer mode or a battle for fun mode?

You can't to bad huh,:( you fight them in tournaments.

Sephiroth CR
10-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Oh man, that sucks.:( I really wish ya could............

Haemon
10-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Don't let this thread drop down. Keep up the good work vertex, you're on the final stretch. You can do it.

Anyway, somebody mentioned about having a replica of his sword. Could you tell me where you got it?

MysticSpade
10-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Haemon
Anyway, somebody mentioned about having a replica of his sword. Could you tell me where you got it?

it' not a "replica" of Sephiroth's sword it's the sword that inspired the creators of FF7 to be used be Sephiroth. It is called a "Massamune blade" not Katana or "Massamune" for short. i just went to all the sword shops i've seen and asked if they had or could get it. most said no so i talk to a swordsmith who runs a shop by my hometown, approached him with an offer he knew about the blade. Also he had specs ( blue prints) on it so he made it for me. cost me bout an even 1k but it's still sweet. heavy as can be though. if you ever manage to get your hands on one you'll learn why the handle is so long. anyways hope this helps you out. my advice just go to diff sword shops and ask around or look up info on the web. you should be able to find more specific info on how to obtain your very own "Massamune Blade"

Andy867
10-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Actually, it's called the masamune... You had an extra 's' in there ;) I know it happens. I do it alot when typing news for JKII.Net, but most times I correct it before I publish the news...
Hopefully when I get my new processor, I can begin uploading files again..

bigangryhippo
10-08-2002, 01:20 AM
I have waited a long time for Sephiroth to be done, and now someone's actually really working on him. I thank you and can't wait for the finished product!

bigangryhippo
10-08-2002, 01:27 AM
I see :newbie:

Andy867
10-09-2002, 12:19 AM
You know, bigangryhippo, there is a button called EDIT , which looks like http://www.lucasforums.com/images/edit.gif this. It comes in handy for editing messages, and making it so you don't post more than one message after another. Please keep that in mind

Double_S84
10-09-2002, 02:22 AM
HAHAHAHA somone got CHUMPED.................yea he did.

MysticSpade
10-16-2002, 04:35 PM
ok i this the same model on www.jk2files.com it doesn't look the same. plus the author's name is different so i thought he possibly ripped it form Twisted Vertex.

Toonces
10-16-2002, 05:53 PM
It's a different model MysticSpade, I don't think he ripped anything from TW

Eldritch
10-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Meat_Puppet
MEat puppet would like to se ingame shot to compare.

Why does MeatPuppet always talk in the 3rd person? It's really pretty annoying.

-Anakin

MysticSpade
10-16-2002, 06:01 PM
ok just needed to know 4 sure i wasn't meanin to point fingers but i thought TV's wasn't gonna have a coat. so thanks for the info Toonces. ok meat puppet click on the link and look at the model on the list. the pics are from in-game.

Double_S84
10-18-2002, 04:01 AM
Good lord!!!! Who did the skin on this???

Enjoi9187
10-18-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

Why does MeatPuppet always talk in the 3rd person? It's really pretty annoying.

-Anakin

I think he thinks that it's funny.............

Eldritch
10-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187

I think he thinks that it's funny.............

It's not. It's the opposite.

MysticSpade
10-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Double_S84
Good lord!!!! Who did the skin on this???

if you are talkin bout the one on JK2files Sephiroth_VII did all of it. or he did not give any credit otherwise.

GameWarriorX1
10-18-2002, 05:29 PM
if ne one wants to see sephitoths KH intro just give me a hollar on AIM (GameWarriorX) or MSN (GameWarriorX@hotmail.com) and i will send it to ya

Sephiroth CR
10-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the Vulcanis Admin Mod 2.2?

Sephiroth CR
10-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Hey, just so ya know, I downloaded the other person's Sephiroth at jkiifiles.com, and it could of been way better. Twisted Vertex, make your model better then that other persons.
(I think the person who made it is Sephiroth_VII)

Eldritch
10-19-2002, 11:36 PM
Sephiroth CR,

Say it with me, "The edit button is my friend." :D

-Anakin

Mest
10-19-2002, 11:57 PM
yeah i too downloaded the sephiroth model from jk2files.com and all i can say is that the model was complete and utter crap. what was with his hair? it was all spikey in the back and clipped horribly. Then there was the horrendous skinning job done on it. It looked like i was looking at sephiroth through a foggy window when i looked at him from the front.

Eldritch
10-20-2002, 12:08 AM
I like your quote, Mest. I remember the interview where he said that. He [Bruce Lee] was the man. It's a shame he died so young.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 01:28 AM
Man there are so many cool models being made and this is one of them, it looks sweet!

Eldritch
10-20-2002, 01:50 AM
I am waiting anxiously for this model. I also would like to see a Cloud model made, but not the artistic interpretation that MidgetYoda was making before he left... i'd like to see one accurate to FF7.

Mest
10-20-2002, 01:59 PM
thanks JEDI_Anakin_S. Bruce Lee was the man. He was the greatest martial artist ever. I bet he could kick both jacky chan and jet li's asses at the same time.

now on topic, Sephiroth is cool......... ummmm that is on topic right?

PalnGipanji
10-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Well... I think the skinning could've been done better (Sephiroth_VII's), and the modeling also left something to be desired. There's no reason why Sephiroth couldn't have been made to closely resemble the one from Kingdom Hearts in quality. (Well, not THAT high of quality, but could've been close.)

So Twisted Vertex, if you're still working on this, Sephiorith_VII's work is a great example of what a rush job is like. Your model already looks better, but could use a little more detail and depth. I would really like to see a Kingdom Hearts version of Sephiroth, but it may be too much in poly/UV count. Anyway, do you have any updates on Sephiroth?

MaaZeus
10-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Waiting for updates....

ZZZZzzzz....

-Chrono_MOT-
10-28-2002, 12:39 PM
Can get my Chrono model working and I finish it, I will be working on an FF series of models for this game.

MysticSpade
10-28-2002, 01:24 PM
yeah i think this model is dead we should just let it be.

BTW: Chrono i love your map man. if you did make the end of time map that is.

-Chrono_MOT-
10-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks, and yes, that was me ^_^.

Sephiroth CR
10-28-2002, 05:23 PM
What map? Where can I download it?

MysticSpade
10-28-2002, 05:29 PM
u can get it at

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=9ad6aaed513b73148b7d49f70afcfb32

this is the direct link to the map itself.

MaaZeus
10-30-2002, 12:48 PM

[C]rying [O]ut [L]oud

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!WAAAAAAAAAH!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!