PDA

View Full Version : Who would win out of Darth Maul and Darth Vader

rfa_vasquez
09-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Give me your opinion on this

Jedi Spy
09-08-2002, 08:56 PM
ok Darth Vader defeated Obi Wan. Obi Wan defeated Darth Maul.....isnt it a bit obvious who would win?

Luke>Darth Vader>Obi Wan>Darth Maul :D

obi
09-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Vader, but this belongs in the swamp. ;)

*urges for the yoink button*

Tyrion
09-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Vader, but this belongs in the swamp. ;)

*urges for the yoink button*

AHAHAHA you cant press the yoink button because....

wait for it...

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Boba Rhett
09-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Ya got that right. :D

yoink. :rhett:

obi
09-08-2002, 10:17 PM
oh, I thought it was becauseI am not a mod of the valley forum.

Silly me......

:o

gorganfloss
09-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Maul would kick vaders ass.

Boba Rhett
09-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Yes... to bad he was cut in half by a padawan. *cough*

gorganfloss
09-08-2002, 11:08 PM
lol
I stand corrected.:rolleyes:

Ratmjedi
09-08-2002, 11:09 PM
If Vader wasn't the chosen one then Maul would own Vader. But since Vader is the chosen one then Vader would win hands down. Vader had to throw things and stuff. Maul rarely used the Force against his oppent's except when he pushed Obi-Wan into the pit.
:duel: :lsduel:

Darth Groovy
09-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Yes... to bad he was cut in half by a padawan. *cough*

If you would quit smoking so much you wouldn't have that coughing problem there Rhett:D

As much as I like Maul, Vader would win. Vader was my favorite for many years before the phantom menace came out.

razorace
09-08-2002, 11:10 PM
It's hard to say, Vader's power / saber skill is hard to guage to PT characters as A) Vader maybe weaker than Anakin in the Force / saber combat due to all the injuries he suffers from and B) Maul's lightsaber skill probably isn't perportionate to his skills in the Force.

ShaderWriter
09-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Spy
ok Darth Vader defeated Obi Wan. Obi Wan defeated Darth Maul.....isnt it a bit obvious who would win?

Luke>Darth Vader>Obi Wan>Darth Maul :D

Lol! Obi Wan *let* Vader win. He looked at Luke and put his guard down on purpose. I still think Vader is more skilled than Darth Maul, who got twain in half by Obi Wan...:)

Luke would definitely take Darth Maul!

-M

Rad Blackrose
09-08-2002, 11:17 PM
Oh my god, I'm agreeing with razor for once... someone find me a rope with a noose.

However, I am agreeing on different grounds. If Vader's implants was the cause of his loss of saber skill, then Luke would have had the same problem with his hand. Moot point.

The first 3 movies did not show any saber skill what so ever, in my eyes. I mean, look at Obi-Wan and Vader's fight in ANH. That was practically "Lets see who can wave their saber around the other's the most time!" Sure, it improved over time, but I would have to say the main lightsaber fights in Phantom Menace and AotC were more intense then the earlier ones.

If they did a remake and had Vader's saber choreography on par to what Maul had in Phantom Menace, Vader would own Maul hands down.

razorace
09-08-2002, 11:31 PM
I was refering to the fact that Vader is less organic than Anakin...I brings up the question..Do you lose part of your connection to the Force when you lose parts of your body or is it based simply on the density of Force "talent" inside your brain? We don't know for sure. My guess is brain density, sense your willpower/contentration is what allows you to use the Force.

A little off topic, but along the same lines, but physical strength and speed only has a minor effect on your lightsaber combat abilities.

Boba Rhett
09-08-2002, 11:34 PM
No, you do not lose part of your connection to the force. It's the concentration that counts. Just look at Yoda.

kamiclone
09-09-2002, 12:22 AM
i honestly think that if Maul didnt die vader would not become. So think of Maul being a nice guy in letting some one else kill a lot of Jedi. That is pretty hard for Maul cuz thats all he wanted to do.

ShockV1.89
09-09-2002, 01:15 AM
What a guy...

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
If Vader wasn't the chosen one then Maul would own Vader. But since Vader is the chosen one then Vader would win hands down. Vader had to throw things and stuff. Maul rarely used the Force against his oppent's except when he pushed Obi-Wan into the pit.
:duel: :lsduel:
Vader was testing Lukes abilities when he was chucking those things at him. He's smarter in that respect then ol' Maul was. Though in the looks department Maul wins. But since this is strength and abilities, Maul would be completely ripped apart. But that's just one obsessive old school star wars fans views. ;)

Ratmjedi
09-09-2002, 02:27 AM
I respect youre views man. My opinion was mine and thats the way I think. I can see were you are coming from.
:lsduel: :duel:

TheWhiteRaider
09-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Obi-won was old when Vader killed him. And this wouldn't work. It could be like Maul beats Luke,Luke beats Vader,Vaders beat Obi-won, and Obi-won beats Maul. Of course there would be no way of proving either of them.

Luke>Darth Vader>Obi Wan>Darth Maul

leXX
09-09-2002, 05:45 AM
I'll tell you what, the way Maul died was such PANTS! No way he woulda just stood there while Obi jumped over him! :rolleyes: Maul was great and he should not have died in such a stupid way.

Anyway...

I think if it really came down to it, Vader in his prime would beat Maul. His force powers would outdo his easily.

rfa_vasquez
09-09-2002, 05:56 AM
I have a lot of ppl agreeing with me YAY!!!!!

I agree.If you look at the way Maul fights with a sabre and to the way Vader fights.Vader would easily outdo Maul.Vader uses 1 hand and Maul uses 2.So he is weakened and Vaders Force Power are way stronger than Maul's

Jedi Maz
09-09-2002, 06:14 AM
Well, all you vader fans im sorry to disapoint you, but Darth Maul would win, the facts are. Vader has force, well woopy doo, hes slow and big and cumbersom.

Darth Maul, was FAST acrobatic and was 10X better at light sabre.

So you think becuase vader had more control of the force he was better? well why didnt he beat luke seeing as luke RARELY used the force, but simply beat him in sabre.

And how do you know that darth maul wasnt as good with the force, simply because he didnt use it much.

anyway this actual thread is just a big case of IF this and IF that, so its pointless, and we will never know so why waste time arguing :D

as the guy above said, obi wan wasnt *defeated* he droped his guard cos he knew he would be more use dead than alive, so obi wan has allways been the best an he owns everyone :)

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 06:20 AM
See saber skill has nothing to so with the movies. Do you think in the early 80's late 70's they had the best skills? No, truth is if they were filmed around this time vader would be much faster. And in the sw universe one can't just weild a lightsaber. If you wished to weild it correctly you would have to be "linked" to it with the force. Almost becoming one with the saber. That enables those amazing saber swings. So vader would have whomped maul because of his force ability.

Pad
09-09-2002, 07:22 AM
that padawan (maul) wouldnt stand a chance!

rfa_vasquez
09-09-2002, 08:33 AM
Honestly Vader has to be 1 of the strongest if not the strongest to have joined the Dark Side.You heard Yoda talk about him.his ratings where in the 10000's or something like that

Jedi Maz
09-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by jessman233
See saber skill has nothing to so with the movies. Do you think in the early 80's late 70's they had the best skills? No, truth is if they were filmed around this time vader would be much faster. And in the sw universe one can't just weild a lightsaber. If you wished to weild it correctly you would have to be "linked" to it with the force. Almost becoming one with the saber. That enables those amazing saber swings. So vader would have whomped maul because of his force ability.

Oh yes and darth maul wasnt one with his light saber, he only had a double sided one an took on 2 jedi for a bloody long time an killed one, the master, so i guess he must suck then :/

rfa_vasquez
09-09-2002, 09:17 AM
good point

Jedi Spy
09-09-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually I have to agree even tho maul did lose, got chopped in half and fell down a big pipe it could have just been luck, obi wan and qui gon couldnt get him 2on1 and we all know how good obi wan is my initial simple equation was perhaps a bit brash and it is quite right to say that it is only an opinion which cannot be proven :D

leXX
09-09-2002, 09:19 AM
Darth Maul was a BAD A$$

The way he weilded that double bladed was class. Bow down b4 him as you are not worthy!

whitedragon
09-09-2002, 09:25 AM
are you kidding. vader would own maul....please God tell me i dident say own again.

obi you started this and now its catching :rolleyes:

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Maz

Oh yes and darth maul wasnt one with his light saber, he only had a double sided one an took on 2 jedi for a bloody long time an killed one, the master, so i guess he must suck then :/
Think about it though. He held off a padawan and qui gon. Quigon's not exactly a skywalker if ya know what I mean. That's why he was so easily killed off. He wasn't that strong. But I agree that the maul death was horrible. He stood there for a whole 2 seconds before ben sliced him. terrible. :disaprove Just face it that though maul was neat lookin, he was just for show. Killed off like quigon. never to be seen again. So think about it. You're going to say that maul, who died in episode one can beat vader who was one of the main characters and the one who brought balance to the force. Insanity.

C'jais
09-09-2002, 09:41 AM
Again, speed is the only thing that matters in a saberfight, obviously. Raw strengh does not.

Vader in ep4-5-6 could never have beaten Maul, not with that clumsy suit he was wearing at least. If we're including force powers, Vader might easily have won though.

But again, as several people have mentioned before (me included), there's a difference in moviemaking technology and choreography between the prequels and the OT.

But, I think Anakin in ep2 and Vader in ep3 EASILY can slice Maul up good.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 09:43 AM
Listen to buddy christ. He knows best. ;)

Jedi Spy
09-09-2002, 11:49 AM
You know what tho. Yoda and Tyranus would own them all :( GG

Jedi Maz
09-09-2002, 11:54 AM
bah.

this is one of those debates, or polls as the proper name is, that cant be won, its just a collection of peoples opinions and diffrent facts gathered from the movies.

so its really quite pointless.

fun none the less to see diffrent peoples view's on the subject tho, but wouldnt maul and vader be buddys IF they were ever to see each other, as there both Darth's.

i suppose they could make an ugly face anonymous club or something HO HO HO

so thats my last view on it, i hope :rolleyes:

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Lol, right on. Glad to see this thread get a little lighter. I personally think that alf would stop the fight and kill them both with his power to bring shows to an end. ;)

C'jais
09-09-2002, 12:35 PM
bah.

this is one of those debates, or polls as the proper name is, that cant be won, its just a collection of peoples opinions and diffrent facts gathered from the movies.

so its really quite pointless.

fun none the less to see diffrent peoples view's on the subject tho, but wouldnt maul and vader be buddys IF they were ever to see each other, as there both Darth's.

I'll let you in on a lil secret: Polls are completely worthless, opinions are not.

Of course, this is what threads are for, did anyone ever think for a second that they could come to a forum and expect to convince others that their opinion was the will of nature?

It isn't pointless, it's the whole idea of forums you're staring at.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Lol, cjais you got the best avatar on these forums. I love seeing that thing in these threads. Always brings a grin to my face. Good ol' buddy Christ. :D

C'jais
09-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Lol, cjais you got the best avatar on these forums. I love seeing that thing in these threads. Always brings a grin to my face. Good ol' buddy Christ. :D

:rofl:

Thank you! *bows*

Always a pleasure!

Who is that in your avatar btw? Yourself? :naughty: :D

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Naa, it's trent reznor (Nine Inch Nails) This is me... Prepared to be frightened... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (http://www.geocities.com/floydman233/JessPic.html?1031564358530) :D

ShaderWriter
09-09-2002, 12:47 PM
These opinions are epic guys! Great to see so many people think otherwise. Now that I think on it somemore, Vader had the most power of the force. He was slow and powerful with the saber (somewhat like the 'Strong' stance in JK2), so he clearly wasn't as quick or agile with the saber as Maul. But Vader would wax him for the sheer force power. Also Vader started throwing the saber as well as a whole lot of other tricks (moving objects, etc..)! He clearly knows how to use the force more than anyone (even Yoda).

On another topic, why is it that Maul, Obi Wan, and his teacher not talk to each other as they fought. That was pretty weak if you ask me. What made the Eps 4, 5, 6 battles so intense and personal was the sheer interrogation from Vader. I'm glad that the SP game has this too. I love to hear those Reborns talk ****!

-M

Agen
09-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Oops pressed wrong button :D deduct one off maul, add one to vader :D

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 12:54 PM
The lord of the spoon? I don't believe you. Show me your abilities spoon lord. lol:D

C'jais
09-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ShaderWriter
These opinions are epic guys! Great to see so many people think otherwise. Now that I think on it somemore, Vader had the most power of the force. He was slow and powerful with the saber (somewhat like the 'Strong' stance in JK2), so he clearly wasn't as quick or agile with the saber as Maul. But Vader would wax him for the sheer force power. Also Vader invented throwing the saber! So he knows how to use the force more than anyone (even Yoda).

On another topic, why is it that Maul, Obi Wan, and his teacher not talk to each other as they fought. That was pretty weak if you ask me. What made the Eps 4, 5, 6 battles so intense and personal was the sheer interrogation from Vader. I'm glad that the SP game has this too. I love to hear those Reborns talk ****!

-M

Vader definately has more power/knowledge in the force than almost anyone (even yoda?), but clearly his saber skillz lack in front of the neatly choreographed and computer-aided Maul.
And I agree as well with the "fight 'n chat" concept emphazied in ep4-5-6, a lot more style points for that - epic and chivalrous!

The reborns do get on my nerves though, that giggling laughter is too much to take sometimes...

Jess: What can I say? :naughty:

Agen
09-09-2002, 12:57 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/termie/spoonrevenge.jpg
Muhhwuahahahahaa. *puts up lexx guard i mean "LeXX" guard :D

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 01:02 PM
Oh my dear sweet lord. Help us all. The spoon lord has cometh! Lol, seriously that is extremely funny. I didn't expect you to post a picture. Especially one that funny lol.

Darth-Nasty
09-09-2002, 01:20 PM
i reckon maul is the better fighter

the overall saber fighting ability decreases as the films go on

and you cant say vader beat obi who beat maul cos young obi is better than old obi:)

Jedi Maz
09-09-2002, 01:30 PM
my goodness me,

we have a dafty on the forum

jesus dude, are you trying to tell me u like sitting spending your time arguing or debating or polling what ever the fruit u wanna call it over something that cannot be decided, let me let u in on a little "secret" opinions are opinions and no one can challenge another ones opinion becuase its ~theirs~

so if you like to sit and have pointless discussions that lead no where then mibbe u need a visit from the little men in white suits that put u in padded rooms with those white jackets, so u can debate with the walls.

as far as i knew forums where for duscussions, helping and learning. :confused:

C'jais
09-09-2002, 01:35 PM
my goodness me,

we have a dafty on the forum

jesus dude, are you trying to tell me u like sitting spending your time arguing or debating or polling what ever the fruit u wanna call it over something that cannot be decided, let me let u in on a little "secret" opinions are opinions and no one can challenge another ones opinion becuase its ~theirs~

so if you like to sit and have pointless discussions that lead no where then mibbe u need a visit from the little men in white suits that put u in padded rooms with those white jackets, so u can debate with the walls.

as far as i knew forums where for duscussions, helping and learning. :confused:

Errrr.... I take it you are referring to me mate...

And you're saying that this thread isn't a discussion of some sort?

I do believe you can challenge other people's opinions and change them too, to boot - it has worked on me thus far.

You could also argue that every little thread in this forum is utterly pointless jibberish, and that it makes everyone participating look insanely stupid as you pointed out - but that'd include you I guess...

WTF are you on about?

leXX
09-09-2002, 01:36 PM
*Knocks down pathetic leXX guard*

http://www.planetdexterslab.com/spoonrevenge1.jpg

*Shoots reincarnated Spoon Minion*

Don't you ever learn! :rolleyes:

:D :p

Breton
09-09-2002, 04:09 PM

Think about it though. He held off a padawan and qui gon. Quigon's not exactly a skywalker if ya know what I mean. That's why he was so easily killed off. He wasn't that strong

You...you...you monster!

Let me have this opertunity to defend Qui-Gon

"If you would just follow the code, you would be on the council"
Obi-Wan said that. Now, at the time, you can guess that it's about 200 jedi or something, and 15 or something in the council. Not that strong? He was stronger than Maul at least. But since the sith was supposed to be extinct for a 1000 years, no jedi at the time, not even Yoda had fought a sith before.

Now, because of the living force, Qui-Gon have great respect for all living things, even some for the sith. For if you watch the duel of fates again, you see when Qui-Gon kicks/slams/pushes (im not sure what he does) Maul away QG has an opertunity to kill Maul, but he hesitates, and Maul get the chance to kick Qui-Gon away

Anyway, in the duel, you will see that most of the time it is Qui-Gon who is pressing against Maul, it wasn't the most ernegic fights in star wars, but Qui-Gon used a lot of strategy. But at the end of the fight, Maul comes too close to QG and Maul does a badass hiltsmashing and one of the strongest jedi in SW dies.

:aobi: :saberg: :dsaber: :dmaul3:

<|DLS|>Darth Fett
09-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Lets set the record straight.
Maul----Sith Padawan
VAder----Not a PADAWAN

I hope this clears some things
:fett:

Breton
09-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Vader was a padawan of Sidious, just as Maul was

I hope this clears some things

<|DLS|>Darth Fett
09-09-2002, 05:04 PM
NO HE WASNT

Breton
09-09-2002, 05:07 PM
"Always two, there are, a master and an apprentice"

Emperor=Master
Vader=Apprentice

obi
09-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Well, The emporer and VAder died at the same time, so........where are the other two sith? Did they just pop out of no where, and just be randomly picked by the force to be sith?

Jedi Maz
09-09-2002, 05:54 PM
some one whos knows his stuff

:D

well said JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Clemme w/Stick
09-09-2002, 05:57 PM
VADER! Vader! Go Vader, Go!

Vader would win that duel!!

Theres no sith that even comes close to Vader, maybe except Emperor Palpatine!

:D

-Clemme

razorace
09-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Now, because of the living force, Qui-Gon have great respect for all living things, even some for the sith. For if you watch the duel of fates again, you see when Qui-Gon kicks/slams/pushes (im not sure what he does) Maul away QG has an opertunity to kill Maul, but he hesitates, and Maul get the chance to kick Qui-Gon away

Really?! I never noticed that? Could you be more specific? I'd like to see it for myself. :) After multiple, multiple depth viewings of the fight, I also feel that Qui-Gon was more powerful than Maul.

ssobers525
09-09-2002, 07:31 PM
For the guy who said this

"ok Darth Vader defeated Obi Wan. Obi Wan defeated Darth Maul.....isnt it a bit obvious who would win?

Luke>Darth Vader>Obi Wan>Darth Maul"

1.Obi wan let vadar kill him so he could become one with the living force so he could help luke out.

2. Obi wan was much stronger than vadar

3. Maul slapped around obi wan like a little puppy

4. Maul died because he underestimated obi wan a because he just killed obi's master.

5. Maul is either as strong as vadar or much weaker.

6. Vadars fight scene could have been done much better if it was made recently. So it would most likely be better than mauls

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ssobers525
6. Vadars fight scene could have been done much better if it was made recently. So it would most likely be better than mauls

That's just my point since it was made in the early eighties they didn't have the greatest skills. Though vader moved slow in the old movies if they had made it recently he would have been very very fast.... Alot like maul, anakin and ben. So vader would clearly win. People just get mad because they don't want to accept that their favorite sith has nothing on vader. Who to them, isn't really that cool. But that's just one geekers opinion. ;)

Jedi Kyp Durron
09-09-2002, 08:59 PM
First of all I think Vader because he was Anakin who has what the little midclorian things like 260000 er something. 2nd he was a master of the Darkside of the Force (Lightning, Grip especially as we see in the movies, etc) not just Martial skills. He was both that means that he could have beaten Maul anyways. I could really talk about this about who could beat who and stuff like that. But I won't all I know is that Vader would have won. And the thing about the better fight sceen because of technology would be true as well it would look cool if they remade the fight sceens.

munik
09-10-2002, 04:39 AM
I didn't even read the replies on this, but I voted Vader and I'm voting you out of the Swamp forever, FOOL!

Breton
09-10-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by razorace

Really?! I never noticed that? Could you be more specific? I'd like to see it for myself. :) After multiple, multiple depth viewings of the fight, I also feel that Qui-Gon was more powerful than Maul.

Just after Obi-Wan gets kicked down by Maul, Qui-Gon hits Maul so that he falls down. Qui-Gon jumps after BUT HE DOES NOT LIT HIS SABER IN THE AIR! He also waits a tiny bit before he lits it when he lands, and this gives Maul the oppirtunity to kick QG away

razorace
09-10-2002, 03:45 PM
hhmmm..I'll watch it again but I don't think that could be taken as hesitation, it's probably just from a slightly off editting job. You can it is also in the Anakin vs. Dooku battle. They look like they're waiting for the "action" at times. :)

Breton
09-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Perhaps

But anyway QG was still a better saberist than Maul in Duel of Fates

razorace
09-10-2002, 05:55 PM
No arguement there. Maul got lucky.

Sivy
09-10-2002, 10:05 PM
maul was very good with a saber, there's no doubting this. however vader is much stronger in the force.
here's how i see it

maul vs ep I anakin, maul wins no question
maul vs ep II anakin, it was be a closer battle but maul would still win
maul vs ep III anakin, maul would probably get creamed
maul vs ep iv-vi vader, with vader not welding a lightsaber for some time and getting older he would be out duelled with a saber but being more powerful in the force would mean he would find a way of destroying maul without a saber.

imho

razorace
09-11-2002, 03:31 AM
But Anakin was able to keep up with Dooku who easily defeated Obi-wan, who in turn defeated Maul. I don't think Maul held a candle to Dooku, so I imagine Anakin could have defeated Maul in episode 2.

Luc Solar
09-11-2002, 04:15 AM
Maul was a cheater (double-edged saber) and a kick-whore anyways...

If Vader and Maul would fight it would be like:

Maul: "Ph34r my haxor-saber!"

Vader: *yawn* "STFU & STFD, weakling.." Grips Maul and tosses him away.

The end.

Btw - since Vader could block lasers (when Han tried to gun him down in Cloud City in EP V), why not sabers also?

Ever thought of that, fellows? :p

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-11-2002, 04:23 AM
Absord/dissapate energy. That is the name of that ability. A force user could use that to be shielded from long exposure to the sun or radiation. But to absorb a blaster shot requires alot of power.

Luc Solar
09-11-2002, 04:30 AM
Yes....? So it would take a lot of power to block sabers?

If I was Vader, I would've simply grabbed the "blade" of Luke's saber and slapped him silly. ;)

Theoretically, it should work, right? :D

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-11-2002, 04:32 AM
A lightsabers energy does not dissapate upon impact therefor one could not absorb a lightsaber. The saber would merely cut right through his hand (hense, vaders right hand gone in rotj).

Luc Solar
09-11-2002, 04:38 AM
Yeah...okay okay. No blocking lightsabers! :)

But perhaps Vader/Anakin and Luke thought as I did....a kinda crappy way to find out "it didn't quite work" lol...

Oh well, they seem to find new limbs pretty easily so I guess it's no biggie. Live and learn.

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-11-2002, 04:42 AM
Lol, I'm not saying Vader tried to grab lukes saber that's why his hand is gone... LOL, that would be very funny. "Gimmie that saber!" **hand melts** "Learn something new everyday eh Luke?"

ssobers525
09-12-2002, 08:02 PM
For all u vadar fans out there. I guess u guys havent heard what obi's spirit said to luke. Vadar is more of a machine than a man. Vadar is not in touch with the force he relies on his respirator and all those other tech stuff. Maul was very potent with the force and had a double sided light saber with 2 modes. He could have used it as a normal lite saber and as the dual pronged one. And he killed qui-gon out of pure skill. And qui-gon didnt have a chance of hitting Maul after that long jump down (everyone is sayin that he could have killed maul then) he had to recover from the fall. And do u remember the part where all the shields blocked eachother off, well if u didnt notice Qui-gon had to sit and heal maul didn't (hmmm...). And obi killed maul out of pure rage and maul was a little over confident fiting obi

Jedi Maz
09-12-2002, 08:05 PM
nicely put ssober :)

razorace
09-12-2002, 08:47 PM
I think ssobers525 is assuming too much.

1. Just because Vader has cyber enchancements doesn't mean that he's less in tune with the force. If you had read the whole thread you'd have seen this point mentioned before.

2. Qui-Gon didn't nessicarily NEED to kneel down and rest. He was a Jedi Master and was taking the oppertunity to strength his bond with the Force and claim his emotions. Maul, on the other hand, was a Dark Sider. Their power comes from their negative feelings and therefore DON'T need to maintain claim during a battle.

3. I personally don't think there was a pause after the big jump, Qui-Gon immediately landed and moved in to hit Maul.

FatalStrike
09-12-2002, 09:13 PM
I say Darth Maul, my reasons...

- Vader only used Heavy Stance and Saber throw thus Maul would have called him a Noob constantly, slowly annoying Vader to death.

Admiral Derski
09-12-2002, 10:24 PM
I think the one thing you guys are all forgetting is that Vader hunted down and destroyed ALL the jedi except 2, thats one hell of a resume compared to Mauls's measly 1, also Luke isnt the one who killed Vader, it was the emporers lightning that short circuited Vaders life support systems. but a couple of other things to ponder are the fact that Sidious mentored Maul who was beat by OBI Wan (lucky?? maybe) Sidious also Mentored Vader who also killed Sidious and OBI-Wan (because obi wanted to??) Heres the Kicker.....Obi wan is responsible for throwing Vader/Anakin into a pit of hot liquid during a saber fight which by all right should have killed him, but he (Vader) survives thanks to the Life support suit he wears. This debate will bet better answered after the next movie when we find out a couple of different things

1, Does Vader/Anakin wipe out the jedi before or after his life threatining duel with Obi-Wan??
2, Who actually kills Dooku? (a person who even Yoda could not defeat) If Anakin is responsible for that as well which is quite possible (do you think he is just going to forget that he chopped off his hand??) then this debate is basically over :D

Based on theses assesments I would say that Obi Wan would be the only Jedi powerful enough to kill Vader since he almost did, but didnt actually finish the job, then he went into hiding? why? because he probably knew Vader is too powerful for him and Yoda, if they both couldnt take him at the same time then there is no way Maul could even be in the same arena as Vader.

Just my thoughts

Sivy
09-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Derski

1, Does Vader/Anakin wipe out the jedi before or after his life threatining duel with Obi-Wan??
2, Who actually kills Dooku? (a person who even Yoda could not defeat) If Anakin is responsible for that as well which is quite possible then this debate is basically over :D

Based on theses assesments I would say that Obi Wan would be the only Jedi powerful enough to kill Vader since he almost did, but didnt actually finish the job, then he went into hiding? why? because he probably knew Vader is too powerful for him and Yoda, if they both couldnt take him at the same time then there is no way Maul could even be in the same arena as Vader.

Just my thoughts

mho

1. rick macullam (spelling?) said that vader accumulates parts of his costume thoughout the film - to me that means that the duel must happen early on

2. i think it has to be anakin, it will be the final push to turn him to the dark side, like the emporer wanted luke to kill vader.

also i don't think obi-wan was just hiding from vader but also the emperor and in turn the whole empire. it was the emperor who wanted all jedi killed.

but i agree that maul would lose to vader

Master Bodle
09-13-2002, 09:38 AM
My vote goes to Vader.