PDA

View Full Version : The most awesome sword fighting ever!


ShaderWriter
09-08-2002, 11:11 PM
All:

Well, I've finally gotten to the enemies called "Newborn". They are cool with hoods and lightsabers. I can't believe how awesome the lightsaber duels are! This has been what I've been longing for for so long! I finally get to see heads, torsos, legs, arms, etc.. get cut just like in the movies. I love that backswing move (medium stance) when someone is behind you. It is awesome seeing him turn around swinging it with great force. I will definitely play this game on MP as soon as I finish the SP game and practice with some bots. I can see a never-ending sword fighting game through MP.

-M

Psionic Jedi
09-08-2002, 11:35 PM
Actually they are called REBorn FYI ;)

If you like Reborns, just wait until you get to see their variants; their's Newbie Reborn (Orange), Fencer Reborn (Green) Acrobat Reborn (Purple) and the hardest of them all, Boss Reborn.

You can usually tell an epic battle is about to take place when the music sort of is at a standstill and you just cleared out the area, then pops up two to three reborn you must make One with the force.


And boy if you like the reborn, there's going to be much much more epic battles ahead (*Ahem* Shadow *Cough*)

Sadly, and I'm sorry to disappoint you, the Multiplayer is nothing like the Single Player experience, the moves are not as cinematic and the force powers (like force speed and push) are not nearly as effective as they are in the Single Player game.

How are those bosses treating you?

A2597
09-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Yea, SP is indeed great. :)

MP is just a little different, and although he says force speed isn't as effective, it can be. I practiced with it alot, and am now quite good. :) Muahahaha.


Force push isn't nearly as much fun though... :(

saber battles require more skill really, but they can ROCK. :)

ShaderWriter
09-09-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Psionic Jedi
Actually they are called REBorn FYI ;)

If you like Reborns, just wait until you get to see their variants; their's Newbie Reborn (Orange), Fencer Reborn (Green) Acrobat Reborn (Purple) and the hardest of them all, Boss Reborn.

You can usually tell an epic battle is about to take place when the music sort of is at a standstill and you just cleared out the area, then pops up two to three reborn you must make One with the force.


And boy if you like the reborn, there's going to be much much more epic battles ahead (*Ahem* Shadow *Cough*)

Sadly, and I'm sorry to disappoint you, the Multiplayer is nothing like the Single Player experience, the moves are not as cinematic and the force powers (like force speed and push) are not nearly as effective as they are in the Single Player game.

How are those bosses treating you?

Yes, I have only fought the Orange Reborn dudes. I love the slow motion on the death moves. They are so awesome. And how do you do the somersaults that the Reborn be doing? They look awesome!!

I am on Level 11 I think. I am still in Cloud City and trying to rescue all of Lando's guards. I haven't really fought any bosses other than Dessan (in the beginning), and this Greedo looking fella just before cloud city.

-M

Sam
09-09-2002, 02:01 AM
what ever you you do don't do a backstabb alot in a mp game everybody will call you a spamming noob

ShaderWriter
09-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by $am
what ever you you do don't do a backstabb alot in a mp game everybody will call you a spamming noob

Hmm...backstab is an awesome move. Why would people call you that? Also, are you guys saying that MP doesn't have the cinematic feel as SP?

-M

Sam
09-09-2002, 02:21 AM
They dont call me that and you can do backstabb just dont run around backwards trying to do it. in the old patch backstabb was a one hit move so it was spammed like crazy, do you have the newest patch and mp doesnt have a cinimatec feel to it takes about 10 good hits to kill someone if you want the sp feel to download promod

ShaderWriter
09-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by $am
They dont call me that and you can do backstabb just dont run around backwards trying to do it. in the old patch backstabb was a one hit move so it was spammed like crazy, do you have the newest patch and mp doesnt have a cinimatec feel to it takes about 10 good hits to kill someone if you want the sp feel to download promod

I can't understand you. Can you punctuate please?:)

I do have v1.04. Is it because you have to hit them so much that you lose the cinematic feel? I don't like doing a couple of hits and then the man goes down anyway. As long as the final death blow takes away some limbs then it would be even better than SP since in SP you can bring down someone by just hitting them once.

Also I got into my first saber lock. It was awesome! I had already fought like 5 Reborns and this last fight was the only time I actually saw it.

-M