PDA

View Full Version : September 11th Remembrance


Absurd
09-10-2002, 03:26 PM
http://www.politicsandprotest.com

It doesn't matter why, what, or who.

It's all about the victims.

whitedragon
09-10-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
http://www.politicsandprotest.com

It doesn't matter why, what, or who.

It's all about the victims.
thanks for doing this. i almos cryed when i saw it

Phizzle
09-10-2002, 03:35 PM
I did, but not today it was awhile back this was in an older thread

Kstar__2
09-10-2002, 03:38 PM
lets not try to forget 11 september, ever

ZBomber
09-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Absurd
http://www.politicsandprotest.com

It doesn't matter why, what, or who.

It's all about the victims.

I did cry. :cry7: I really cried when they showed the pictures of the people jumping out of the window. :cry7:

acdcfanbill
09-10-2002, 04:02 PM
I can honestly say that it hit home in area that were desensetized in the last year. I hope everyone watches it and remimbers. great site.. :cry8:

ckcsaber
09-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Wow.

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Absurd - Thank you

If ever there was a need for justice it is now. If the bastards behind this attack are not stopped this will happen again, and that can never be allowed to happen.

Please remember this in the years to come.

Breton
09-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Now THAT was boring!

I didn't even watch it all, really, how can anyone do?

For me, 9/11 is like ok it's sad but get over it people.

People cry for serveral years for 3000 people that dies, but forgets the 40000 people in the US that dies each year just because some stupid politicians have made guns legal

Everyone is going to die sooner or later anyway...terrible things happen all the time...get over it....

Absurd
09-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Prepare for the:

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/files/screenshots/40a.jpg 's

Breton
09-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Hey, I'm just realistic

Say all you want, but 40 000 dead is worse than 3000 dead, but still people are doing nothing about the 40 000 deaths

obi
09-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Hey, I'm just realistic

Say all you want, but 40 000 dead is worse than 3000 dead, but still people are doing nothing about the 40 000 deaths

So, you have the "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." attitude?

Breton
09-10-2002, 06:01 PM
well, of course it is best if you can save them all, but if you can choose between saving 3 people from death or saving 10, of course you pick the 10 people

whitedragon
09-10-2002, 06:04 PM
im sorry this may be off topic but obi how did you get that pic into your sig. the last time i checked you couldent do that

StrSk8er
09-10-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Hey, I'm just realistic

Say all you want, but 40 000 dead is worse than 3000 dead, but still people are doing nothing about the 40 000 deaths

those people 40,000 people who die still have people who cry about them, this was an attack on the u.s, and the only reason they did it is because we have religous freedom. they believe that is wrong so they took it out on us.

obi
09-10-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by whitedragon
im sorry this may be off topic but obi how did you get that pic into your sig. the last time i checked you couldent do that

a PM would have been acceptable, ya know ;)

anyways, just go to change your signature, and put in the link to the pic, like you would post a pic on the forums. ;)

whitedragon
09-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13


a PM would have been acceptable, ya know ;)

anyways, just go to change your signature, and put in the link to the pic, like you would post a pic on the forums. ;)
i know im sorry but for some reason i cant pm anyone :confused:

OnlyOneCanoli
09-10-2002, 06:12 PM
That'll be enough of your rants for now, JM Qui-Gon Jinn. Your comments have a place, but that place is not this thread, which is for remembrance. If you wish, you can make a gun control thread and debate your case there. Take out of here though. Thank you.

Tyrion
09-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Qui-gon,I agree with you. Most of the people who died in the attacks proboly wouldnt care **** about the afgany men and children who's dieing in the bombings from us.

Edit- Oh and guns should not be outlawed,cause then only the outlaws would have them..:D

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Now THAT was boring!

I didn't even watch it all, really, how can anyone do?

For me, 9/11 is like ok it's sad but get over it people.

People cry for serveral years for 3000 people that dies, but forgets the 40000 people in the US that dies each year just because some stupid politicians have made guns legal

Everyone is going to die sooner or later anyway...terrible things happen all the time...get over it....

9/11 took away the security blanket that had been draped over the USA for a long time.

It affected the entire nation in ways handgun violence could never do. It made people afraid. It made people angry in a way Americans have not felt in a very long time.

The number of people who died is not the issue. The fact is that we were attacked by cowards who now run and hide. The fact is that we were attacked by an enemy that seeks to confuse his own people and turn more and more against us. 9/11 is the beggining of something HUGE, not just some thing that happened.

Your post is incredibly insulting to me and I hate you for what you said.

I was close enough to see the pentagon go up in flames, and I new people who died that day. I was one of the people stuck in gridlock scared out of their minds because I didn't know what was happening in DC where my father works or if a plane was going to fall on me.

When this happens to you I hope you remember your words and finally understand how much of an @sshole you are for making that post.

ShockV1.89
09-10-2002, 06:52 PM
I couldnt watch the whole thing. Got too depressing, and my nerves are already a bit frayed from the anniversary coming up.

Qui-Gon, would you go up to a grieving son and say to him "Big deal, your dad died. Thousands of people die every year, stop crying."? No, I doubt it. If you would, well, then that says more about your character than anything.

Take OnlyOneCanolis advice, leave this thread. It's not the place for debate, it's for remembrance...

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Qui-gon,I agree with you. Most of the people who died in the attacks proboly wouldnt care **** about the afgany men and children who's dieing in the bombings from us.

Edit- Oh and guns should not be outlawed,cause then only the outlaws would have them..:D

People died from all walks of life. Rich, poor, foreign, American, and heros. While yes some of them might not care too much for the innocent life that was accidently taken in Afghanistan, many of them would have. But I can tell you for sure that none of them would have been dancing in the streets.

Afghanistan is better today then when our bombs started dropping. The US has made Afghanistan free. There people had the joy of turing on a radio. Their women were able to step into the street for the first time in years. The could dance and be happy again.

The attacks were a big deal because it showed that there is evil in the world that seeks to spread and take more and more innocent life simply because our way of life differs from the tyranny and torture they seek to impose.

The fact that you would make a statement like like tells me that your life has been far to easy, and you take everything you have for granted. If this US bombed every government in the middle east (with very few exceptions) they would all be better for it. These people do NOT know the freedom we enjoy, and live only to suffer and make their princes and tyrants rich. Taking down their governments and making them free would be a blessing.

You should be ashamed of what you wrote and I hope you live to regret your naive and ignorant words.

ShockV1.89
09-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok, ok, guys, just chill. It's obvious some people spoke before thinking (thats being very, VERy nice about it). Lets chill, or this thread will probably be closed. I'd rather not have that. It's nice to have one more place where we can remember the event.

And Qui-Gon, for christ sake, just don't reply to this, ok? Because you're gonna piss someone off, so just dont, please.

acdcfanbill
09-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Yes, everyone cool down a bit, if you want to come here to remiber the date, please do so, but dont make menacing comments to others.

Thank you...

Darth-Nasty
09-10-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Edit- Oh and guns should not be outlawed,cause then only the outlaws would have them..:D

err and the police :lol:


anyway this isnt the topic for this discussion

MysticSpade
09-10-2002, 07:20 PM
i know i'm gonna catch alot of flack from this but i'm surprised that this kind of thing didn't happen sooner. we (USA) walk around like we are THE **** and ppl see that if they can bring us down they will be higher on the food chain. the USA throws our advancements in the faces of other countries, i'm just surprised it took this long for them to really retalliate.

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
Yes, everyone cool down a bit, if you want to come here to remiber the date, please do so, but dont make menacing comments to others.

Thank you...

I apologize to those of you who shouldn't have to see me going off on people in this thread, but if you lost people you knew in those attacks and where there to see them take place, you would get pretty angry too.

Once again sorry for the pissed off words, but if I were the admins here I would remove the mindless posts or I would expect MANY more pissed off comments. This is a sore spot for many.

XERXES
09-10-2002, 07:22 PM
i find it ironic that it takes an event like this to really spark the patriotic-ness of americans. You didnt see people waving the american flag EVERYWHERE until after the 11th.

acdcfanbill
09-10-2002, 07:26 PM
perhaps you just did not notice them XERXES? In my small home town of 300 people, there were probably 50-60 flags hanging in town. after 9-11 im sure it jumped to well over a hundred, but its settled down a bit again. many people hang them out, some just dont notice til their eyes are opened for them.. :D

Tyrion
09-10-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by FatalStrike


People died from all walks of life. Rich, poor, foreign, American, and heros. While yes some of them might not care too much for the innocent life that was accidently taken in Afghanistan, many of them would have. But I can tell you for sure that none of them would have been dancing in the streets.

Afghanistan is better today then when our bombs started dropping. The US has made Afghanistan free. There people had the joy of turing on a radio. Their women were able to step into the street for the first time in years. The could dance and be happy again.

The attacks were a big deal because it showed that there is evil in the world that seeks to spread and take more and more innocent life simply because our way of life differs from the tyranny and torture they seek to impose.

The fact that you would make a statement like like tells me that your life has been far to easy, and you take everything you have for granted. If this US bombed every government in the middle east (with very few exceptions) they would all be better for it. These people do NOT know the freedom we enjoy, and live only to suffer and make their princes and tyrants rich. Taking down their governments and making them free would be a blessing.

You should be ashamed of what you wrote and I hope you live to regret your naive and ignorant words.

Man,you think ONE thing bad about the 9-11 praising and you get flamed and called naive.

But,how do you know what is evil and what is not? It's an opinion. You think of them as evil,they think of you as evil. Now I dont think thier murder is good,it is VERY bad. But we are doing the same. And think of this-

Sure,some of them might be free,but the ones who died arent-and we are a stronger country and have stuck together- but those who died havent gotten that.

And why didnt we send in the rangers and our army,instead of bombing the afganies?

it would have a 1 soldier:10 or 100 afganie ratio saved. So they decided it was better for us to bomb the citizens,instead of us losing a few more men and them having alot more citizens saved...

obi
09-10-2002, 07:26 PM
This thread is about remembering 9-11, not what do you think about 9-11.


so, let's keep the comments like the ones earleir to ourselves, or start a debate-thread on it. Don't crap-up this nice man's thread. ;)

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
i know i'm gonna catch alot of flack from this but i'm surprised that this kind of thing didn't happen sooner. we (USA) walk around like we are THE **** and ppl see that if they can bring us down they will be higher on the food chain. the USA throws our advancements in the faces of other countries, i'm just surprised it took this long for them to really retalliate.

I agree with your post, except for the word "retalliate." We did nothing to Osama except for funding his battle for freedom against the the Soviet union. We helped him and he turned on us because we were Christians and he wanted us out of the Muslim world.

I am not surprised we were attacked. People who suffer need someone to blame, and they make it easy for a lunatic to tell them their suffering is our fault.

They could have everything we have if they would rise up against tyranny and take back their freedom as all countries have had to in their history. All they are doing is faulting someone else for what their own people do to them.

I wish everyone of them could be free and happy, it is really saddening to know that they suffer while I am free. But it is they who have to fight for their freedom, not us, because even now certain warlords seek to become dictators in Afghanistan. If the people do not rise against these influences then they will lose their freedom as soon as American troops pull out. We can't keep them free, that is something they must do on their own.

acdcfanbill
09-10-2002, 07:30 PM
on-topic or closed, please choose...

Tyrion
09-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
This thread is about remembering 9-11, not what do you think about 9-11.


so, let's keep the comments like the ones earleir to ourselves, or start a debate-thread on it. Don't crap-up this nice man's thread. ;)

I didnt know that because I am naive...:rolleyes:

Yeah I misunderstood the title. Sorry. Now let's stop this bull**** and just go on and remembering the victims..BTW I almost cried at the site. My first post was a little naive I admit it.

FatalStrike
09-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion


Man,you think ONE thing bad about the 9-11 praising and you get flamed and called naive.

But,how do you know what is evil and what is not? It's an opinion. You think of them as evil,they think of you as evil. Now I dont think thier murder is good,it is VERY bad. But we are doing the same. And think of this-

Sure,some of them might be free,but the ones who died arent-and we are a stronger country and have stuck together- but those who died havent gotten that.

And why didnt we send in the rangers and our army,instead of bombing the afganies?

it would have a 1 soldier:10 or 100 afganie ratio saved. So they decided it was better for us to bomb the citizens,instead of us losing a few more men and them having alot more citizens saved...

I started another thread for you to flaunt your opinions.

Tyrion
09-10-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by FatalStrike


Did you see what happened when the Soviet Union Took that approach? They LOST THE WAR!!

I don't mean this as an insult but it seems you are very young, you will learn in time the difference between dieing at the hands of a pointless act of terror and dieing in the fight for your people freedom.

Sigh...

America has one of the best army's in the world. They are way better now,tactically and in strength. They are about 3 or 4 times better than the soviet union was at that time,with the terrorists having about the same strength as before. America could win the war with just slowy taking them out.

ShockV1.89
09-10-2002, 07:41 PM
>sigh< I would just close it anyway.... or, wait another hour or so, then close it. It's accomplished its purpose, and people can still visit the site.

whitedragon
09-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
i find it ironic that it takes an event like this to really spark the patriotic-ness of americans. You didnt see people waving the american flag EVERYWHERE until after the 11th.
i always had three flags waveing outside my house. the confederate battle flag the southcarolina (dont tread on me) flag and a big stars and bars right there in the middle.

dont focus on minoritys

Jah Warrior
09-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Man it seems hard to believe that this happened a year ago now,

I watched the second plane hit live on tv and it was the single most shocking thing I've ever seen, even here in the UK things just sort of ground to a halt. I really was scared.

It may sound odd but I thought that perhaps this devastating attack would perhaps knock some sense into world leaders and perhaps make them think twice about war and such.

I must say it's not sorrow that I feel as such for the families and victims its more like pity for the entire human race, it makes it hard to imagine that the world will ever end up peaceful. The whole thing troubles me deeply, regardless of who the victims are or what nationality they are. Loss of life for such ridiculous motives is a tragedy for everyone with a soul inside them.

I wish that people could just realize that we should all be pulling together as a global community, why should religion be a basis for hate and killings, the fact that people have different beliefs, cultures and values is what makes us individuals and hence it makes the world an interesting place to be.

To sum up the only dangerous thing in my eyes is extremism, which is ultimately the inability to tolerate others beliefs, why fear diversity it should be embraced.

I hope we have at least learnt from 11th september and that it does make us all think hard about the value of human life.

Tyrion
09-10-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
Man it seems hard to believe that this happened a year ago now,

I watched the second plane hit live on tv and it was the single most shocking thing I've ever seen, even here in the UK things just sort of ground to a halt. I really was scared.

It may sound odd but I thought that perhaps this devastating attack would perhaps knock some sense into world leaders and perhaps make them think twice about war and such.

I must say it's not sorrow that I feel as such for the families and victims its more like pity for the entire human race, it makes it hard to imagine that the world will ever end up peaceful. The whole thing troubles me deeply, regardless of who the victims are or what nationality they are. Loss of life for such ridiculous motives is a tragedy for everyone with a soul inside them.

I wish that people could just realize that we should all be pulling together as a global community, why should religion be a basis for hate and killings, the fact that people have different beliefs, cultures and values is what makes us individuals and hence it makes the world an interesting place to be.

To sum up the only dangerous thing in my eyes is extremism, which is ultimately the inability to tolerate others beliefs, why fear diversity it should be embraced.

I hope we have at least learnt from 11th september and that it does make us all think hard about the value of human life.

As I heard before,religion isnt bad,religions are bad...

Sivy
09-10-2002, 08:09 PM
i was in new york two months before september 11th, looking up at the trade centre with amazement.
when i heard that a plane had crash into one of them, it was very hard to believe. i was then watching it live on t.v as the second plane hit and i was filled with shock. when they came down I realised I was seeing thousands of innocent people die and it was a feeling that I won’t forget.
My deepest sympathies and thoughts go the families that lost loved ones and the survivors of that catastrophic event.

Cal_da_Darth
09-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Hey, I'm just realistic

Say all you want, but 40 000 dead is worse than 3000 dead, but still people are doing nothing about the 40 000 deaths

He has a point, seriously. Still, September 11th is not something that I'll forget any time soon.

Darth Knight
09-10-2002, 09:10 PM
that was a great little movie, thanks for posting that

i don't even want to talk about qui jon

Darth Groovy
09-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Now THAT was boring!

I didn't even watch it all, really, how can anyone do?

For me, 9/11 is like ok it's sad but get over it people.

People cry for serveral years for 3000 people that dies, but forgets the 40000 people in the US that dies each year just because some stupid politicians have made guns legal

Everyone is going to die sooner or later anyway...terrible things happen all the time...get over it....

I would personally like to see you tell the families of those 3,000 people, the fire fighters and emergeancy personnell who have been diagnosed with post 9/11 disorders, President Bush, The governer of New York, The survivors from the pentagon, the troops who fought the Al-Queda, and the millions of viewers across the nation who washed in shock as those towers fell to the earth to just "get over it". 9/11 was not a statistic, it was the worst tragedy in history.

Please, JM Qui-Gon Jinn, just tell me you posted that for shock value to start a flame war and then, maybe I will be able to forget that you said that.

Psionic Jedi
09-11-2002, 12:47 AM
I'm wearing my FDNY shirt tommorow.

"All gave some, Some gave all"

Ratmjedi
09-11-2002, 01:07 AM
I'm going to be in my ROTC uniform tomorrow. We're going to have a ceromony in the morning. It's is going to be a sad day. I remember all the word's that my friends said when we were watching it the ROTC room. Now they are in the Military and ready to go to the front lines if need be. :(
:lsduel: :duel:

Absurd
09-11-2002, 06:10 AM
It's officially the 11th now.

leXX
09-11-2002, 07:40 AM
I received a phone call from my mum that morning. She said "turn to bbc1 quick, a plane crashed into the world trade center towers". I turned over to see one of the towers on fire and my first thoughts were it was just a byplane or something, nothing major. Before I had time to digest that news, I watched live as the second plane crashed into the second building. I was in total disbelief as I realised this was a Jumbo jet and hundreds of lives had just been lost! All I could think was "Oh my God" and the tears started to roll down my face, I had just witnessed a disaster.

The news then started to come in about it being a terrorist attack and I realised I had just witnessed the murder of hundreds of people.

Then, beyond all comprehension of reality, I saw the first tower crumble before my very eyes. I could not control my emotions when the second tower collapsed.

My husband worked for Enron at the time and as you may or may not know, Enron had thier head office based at the top of one of the towers. Thousands of Enron staff lost their jobs including my husband when Enron went bankrupt. Christmas that year was very hard for us as he was out of a job. Luckily now, he is in a great job with Deutsche Bank and is on more money.

September 11th 2001 will always have a place in my heart and I feel so very deeply for those killed and affected by that day.

Camus
09-11-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
People cry for serveral years for 3000 people that dies, but forgets the 40000 people in the US that dies each year just because some stupid politicians have made guns legal


Okay... I would like to know where in the hell you get your USA statistics... I dont think its possable for 40,000 to die in the USA alone in one year... If it did we would be lossing a good portion of US citizans at every year...

C'jais
09-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Camus



Okay... I would like to know where in the hell you get your USA statistics... I dont think its possable for 40,000 to die in the USA alone in one year... If it did we would be lossing a good portion of US citizans at every year...

You don't think 40,000 dies in the US in one year? :eyeraise:

If they *didn't* die, you'd have a severe population problem right about now...

ShockV1.89
09-11-2002, 12:44 PM
I think he meant 40,000 from guns...

mima kake
09-11-2002, 01:41 PM
My heart goes with them...

C'jais
09-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
I think he meant 40,000 from guns...

Point taken.

But I still think it's quite feasible to let that number apply to gun shootings too - maybe a bit over the top, but not if we let it apply to stabbings and general murders as well.

Breton
09-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Camus



Okay... I would like to know where in the hell you get your USA statistics... I dont think its possable for 40,000 to die in the USA alone in one year... If it did we would be lossing a good portion of US citizans at every year...

Guiness world records 2000, US was the most likely place to be shot and killed in peace time

whitedragon
09-11-2002, 04:01 PM
you know all you guys who say to get over it should go screw yourselves. if you dont like people makeing such a "small deal" on one simple thread then go some place else no ones forceing you to whatch the movie.

9/11 is a big deal for alot of people, many people from my country and other countrys will NEVER get over it

my friends dad, who is like a second father to me, works for nasa and was supposed to go to the pentagon that day, he missed his flight but i dident know that untill he called me up.

so just because you dident louse anyone or it dident affect you too much dosent mean you can come on here and act like a horses ass

Breton
09-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by whitedragon
you know all you guys who say to get over it should go screw yourselves. if you dont like people makeing such a "small deal" on one simple thread then go some place else no ones forceing you to whatch the movie.

9/11 is a big deal for alot of people, many people from my country and other countrys will NEVER get over it

my friends dad, who is like a second father to me, works for nasa and was supposed to go to the pentagon that day, he missed his flight but i dident know that untill he called me up.

so just because you dident louse anyone or it dident affect you too much dosent mean you can come on here and act like a horses ass

So you mean that year after year, each and every day, all the people of the world should think about 9/11? Is that not exactly what these terrorists want? That the world will never get over what happened that day? That the world is changed? Is that not exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, im not trying to be a horse ass (flaming btw!) 9/11 was a terrible thing but sooner or later people have to move on. The world cannot stand still for hundreds of years just because some guy hiding in the mountains.

There is too many here who can't see what I mean.

FatalStrike
09-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn


So you mean that year after year, each and every day, all the people of the world should think about 9/11? Is that not exactly what these terrorists want? That the world will never get over what happened that day? That the world is changed? Is that not exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, im not trying to be a horse ass (flaming btw!) 9/11 was a terrible thing but sooner or later people have to move on. The world cannot stand still for hundreds of years just because some guy hiding in the mountains.

There is too many here who can't see what I mean.

No one has asked the world to stand still. If you don't think this is a incredibly sad day, please keep your comments to yourself.

whitedragon
09-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn


So you mean that year after year, each and every day, all the people of the world should think about 9/11? Is that not exactly what these terrorists want? That the world will never get over what happened that day? That the world is changed? Is that not exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, im not trying to be a horse ass (flaming btw!) 9/11 was a terrible thing but sooner or later people have to move on. The world cannot stand still for hundreds of years just because some guy hiding in the mountains.

There is too many here who can't see what I mean.
think about pearl harbor. 60 years from then we rememberd it with a stupid movie but 9/11 was last year so we arent going to get over it too quickly and we remember this so we can fight harder

Professor Snape
09-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Qui gon are u an american?


btw Who cares about sam L jackson, Colin Powell is one bad ass mother ******

Absurd
09-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn


Guiness world records 2000, US was the most likely place to be shot and killed in peace time

I recall reading one statistic that claimed the USA had more people die from gun shots than Ireland has per year in it's civil war.

Needless to say there are more Irish in America than Ireland (as well as a whole general population) - and the USA is many times larger. :p

rfa_vasquez
09-11-2002, 06:13 PM
September 11th will be remembered forver.Just not because of the deaths.But it marked a new day for the War against terrorism

Altus_Thrawn
09-11-2002, 06:28 PM
I cried. Alot. :cry7:

AMERICA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

rfa_vasquez
09-11-2002, 06:31 PM
i am not even american.i am scottish.but watching that i was crying.And i say we go and we continue to bomb Afghanistan until they have held enough pain and harbouring known terrorists.I SAY KILL THEM ALL

whitedragon
09-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by rfa_vasquez
i am not even american.i am scottish.but watching that i was crying.And i say we go and we continue to bomb Afghanistan until they have held enough pain and harbouring known terrorists.I SAY KILL THEM ALL
alright lets hear it for scotland

rfa_vasquez
09-11-2002, 07:07 PM
the sooner we get rid of saddam the better.He is an accident waiting to happen.

whitedragon
09-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rfa_vasquez
the sooner we get rid of saddam the better.He is an accident waiting to happen.
acctually its already happened

rfa_vasquez
09-11-2002, 07:25 PM
he needs to be killed.Shot righ tin the head.his weapons of mass destruction destroyed.And a new better leader placed on

Tyrion
09-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by rfa_vasquez
i am not even american.i am scottish.but watching that i was crying.And i say we go and we continue to bomb Afghanistan until they have held enough pain and harbouring known terrorists.I SAY KILL THEM ALL

Yeah..the poor men in some small village in Afganistan who's working his ass off just to feed his family should be bombed to hell for being in the same country as osama bin laden..:rolleyes:

StrSk8er
09-11-2002, 09:28 PM
do you remember what bush said the day all this happened, he said that they would not distinguish between the terrorist, and the people harboring them, and if afghanistan doesnt want them in there then they had every right to kick them out, but they didnt so they are aiding them. thats one reason why we are bombing afghanistan.

Tyrion
09-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by StrSk8er
do you remember what bush said the day all this happened, he said that they would not distinguish between the terrorist, and the people harboring them, and if afghanistan doesnt want them in there then they had every right to kick them out, but they didnt so they are aiding them. thats one reason why we are bombing afghanistan.

Um

Taliban-armed
Citizens-unarmed

So if they fought the taliban they died,and if they didnt,they die by bombings...gee I think they might've thought that we have some decenty and not be ignorant?

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
09-11-2002, 09:53 PM
I ****ING HATE 9/11!!!!!!!1
**** THIS DATE GOD DAMNIT IM SO SICK OF ****ING PEOPLE MORNING OVER BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

OnlyOneCanoli
09-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Wow. That was uncalled for. If you ever post a similar comment in a remembrance thread again, I will ban you. I am not amused at all.

You are allowed to voice your opinion as long as it isn't mindless bashing with no reasoning behind it. I should also note, once again, that this thread is for remembrance, not for bashing America or 9/11. If you wish to discuss those topics, DO SO IN ANOTHER THREAD.

Rogue Nine
09-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Okay, now you've got another mod pissed at you. Step out of line again. I dare you.

Tyrion
09-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by -[MotU]-Lyger|=-
I ****ING HATE 9/11!!!!!!!1
**** THIS DATE GOD DAMNIT IM SO SICK OF ****ING PEOPLE MORNING OVER BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Wow..someone actually has worse posts in here than me..

Darth Talliusc
09-11-2002, 11:13 PM
we all know that the horror committed on september eleventh two thousand and one was probably the worst thing any of us will witness for a long time. i feel deeply sorry for all who lost loved ones. it is a crime against all human kind that we do this to ourselves. and i am in no way protesting the remembrance of that horrible day in any way. but i do have a bone to pick. im not sure how widespread this is but for my school we had 5 minutes of silence remembering the dead. i believe that those people deserved more then just 5 minutes of our thoughts. much more. but i also see remembrance day, memorial day and such. where we are asked to stand for 1 minute. while there were many deaths on that day last september, and many more caused by the afterschock of that event. it pales in comparison to the world wars that happened not so long ago. we shouldnt allow ourselves to only remember the recent with such vigor. we need to remember it ALL. it seems like every year the memorial day assembly gets shorter. each year one less item is on the list of memorial day performances.




i do not remember who it was that said this (my history teacher would kill me if she knew id forgotten the speaker) but here goes: those who forget the past are doomed to repeat them.



think on that. and wonder Why!

ShockV1.89
09-11-2002, 11:23 PM
i do not remember who it was that said this (my history teacher would kill me if she knew id forgotten the speaker) but here goes: those who forget the past are doomed to repeat them.

George Santayana said this. I like this quote, one of the reasons I want to teach history. If we forget, it's just gonna happen again. And again, and again....

JaseP
09-11-2002, 11:44 PM
Where do you get 40,000 deaths a year attributable to firearms (actually 41,000)??? That's more like the automobile accident statistic. The deaths due to firearms are approximately 28,000. The deaths due to heart disease are 709,000. Theses are CDC figures...

Are we going to ban bacon and eggs for breakfast,...???

acdcfanbill
09-12-2002, 01:10 AM
Well put jaseP, but that still does not retract from the fact that this thread is still far off topic, so either get on topic, or I will close it.

thanks,
Bill