PDA

View Full Version : Acrobatic attacks

TheLiberator34
09-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Ok. From the new screenshots I see we'll be getting some awesome choices for the lighsabers. Now I want to know if we get some kickass aerial attack(yoda-style). Considering how bioware ussually sets up their combat system it seem unlikely, but if they could but some mid-air manuevers in the game that would be awesome!

Hannibal
09-11-2002, 04:03 PM
I bet there will be some.
Bioware has never created a game with characters that are as skilled as Jedi are supposed to be(have they?).

Com Raven
09-11-2002, 04:52 PM
welcome liberator...

Darth Damage
09-11-2002, 11:01 PM
if bioware doesnt i wont be mad but i guess that would defeat the purpose of star wars and a jedi(no acrobatcis) We must remember it is an rpg not jedi outcast.

Com Raven
09-12-2002, 06:11 AM
I hope there are a few basic moves...

Darth Simpson
09-12-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm counting on it. It's such a cool feature to include, and I don't see a reason for not having it in the game.

I would think cinematic combat involves jumping and spinning, don't you?

Taos
09-12-2002, 03:31 PM
It seems to me that it would be a must for the game.....

Just as long as it doesn't get out of control like Yoda in Ep II....

Com Raven
09-12-2002, 04:05 PM
hey, ep II Yoda rules...

TheLiberator34
09-12-2002, 04:13 PM
As i see it, such aeriel manuevers would be great if used every now and again, since it would give you some added options in combat, but i don't think it should be used every couple seconds.
(Unless you reach the rank of jedi master, then you could use a fliry of aerial attacks to wipe the floor with lesser force users!)

JediMasters
09-13-2002, 05:00 PM
I thought that battle kinda stunk, but enyways that would be awsome. I think they might have it as you should be able to use force jump and still move your saber, thats just the same... I think. But it would rock if u could use plain arial attacks.

Taos
09-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
hey, ep II Yoda rules...

Hey, don't get me wrong here....I enjoyed it as well, I just thought it got a little out of hand, that's all. :)

I like Liberator's idea of only being able to do special moves once you attain a certain rank.....it would just make the game that much more realistic.

Ewok Hunter
09-13-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
welcome liberator... he's been he before and i already welcomed him ;)

and on topic: well, the bioware games never incorperated 3 dementions, so if there are ariel attacks, it would problably involve doing a whole bunch of crouching tiger stuff without jumping up and down that much.