PDA

View Full Version : Source code for Single Player

Darth Leviathon
09-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if the sourcecode for th SP version is likely to be released? I spent an age looking at what would improve it and drew up a huge document/project plan. Only to realist that the code seems to be the MP stuff only. :(

Emon
09-11-2002, 06:28 PM
No, never, and there's not anything we can do about it.

j0shy
09-11-2002, 09:14 PM
umm...your wrong...just to let you know...so yeah...there....

Primesghost
09-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Didn't Raven come out and say that they weren't going to release the SP source?

jipe
09-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Yup.

Wired Lamp Studios is working on a mod using the MP source code that adds AI and ICARUS, so you could make singleplayer/coop maps using multiplayer (and even "SP" mods, using the MP sdk) as long as you stay within the thing limit.

idontlikegeorge
09-12-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jipe
Yup.

Wired Lamp Studios is working on a mod using the MP source code that adds AI and ICARUS, so you could make singleplayer/coop maps using multiplayer (and even "SP" mods, using the MP sdk) as long as you stay within the thing limit.

but having MP code emulate the SP code isnt having the SP source released, so why you say Yup.?

personally though, i wouldnt hold you breath for it, and yeah right now WLS projects seem to be the best thing going right now

Darth Leviathon
09-13-2002, 08:39 PM
Cheers for your replies guys much appreciated. Anyone hears differently to the above let us know via a post, please.
:D

Toonces
09-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

but having MP code emulate the SP code isnt having the SP source released, so why you say Yup.?

personally though, i wouldnt hold you breath for it, and yeah right now WLS projects seem to be the best thing going right now

The Yup part was in responce to this question

"Didn't Raven come out and say that they weren't going to release the SP source?"