PDA

View Full Version : How athletic are you?

Guardian Omega
09-12-2002, 12:02 AM
Curiosity has grabbed me by the tongue again!

gorganfloss
09-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Exercizing is rather boring to me...

Absurd
09-12-2002, 12:13 AM
No Yoda?

ShockV1.89
09-12-2002, 12:14 AM
I work out sometimes, but not as often as I used to. I used to be jacked, but not anymore. :( I

Sam
09-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Absurd
No Yoda?

It should be against the rules not to put yoda in a poll

gorganfloss
09-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Unless the poll is about Yoda.

Reb Starblazer
09-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, I picked "I do a lot for the body", because I don't think I'll ever be an Olympic athlete. I do however play football(not the real kind), soccer(the real football), rugby, and tennis from time to time. My main sport is Amateur(also known as "Olympic style") wrestling though, which is one of the most physically demanding sports there is. So yea, I think my body is doing pretty good :D

Weapon X
09-12-2002, 12:18 AM
i swim, run, and workout everyother day, i'm in good shape and i like my body, other people do too;)

Weapon X
09-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
Well, I picked "I do a lot for the body", because I don't think I'll ever be an Olympic athlete. I do however play football(not the real kind), soccer(the real football), rugby, and tennis from time to time. My main sport is Amateur(also known as "Olympic style") wrestling though, which is one of the most physically demanding sports there is. So yea, I think my body is doing pretty good :D

i beg to differ, i know wrestling must be hard, but, swimming takes a LOT out of you too, i've never done wrestling but i don't know any wrestlers who have done a workout w/the lander boys swim team, over 5 1/2 miles on peak night, takes over 3 hours and we have to swim our little hearts out to make the goddamned interval times, we are the best team in wyoming, we've shown it by winning 6 state champs in a row, should be 11, but, people screwed around too much one year

gorganfloss
09-12-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
My main sport is Amateur(also known as "Olympic style") wrestling though, which is one of the most physically demanding sports there is. :D

I would say having another dudes nuts in ur face is more mentally scarring than physically demanding...:p

ShockV1.89
09-12-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by gorganfloss

I would say having another dudes nuts in ur face is more mentally scrring than physicly demanding...:p

hahahahaha!!!

Darth Groovy
09-12-2002, 12:35 AM
I used to play Hockey in high school. Right wing. I was a fast skater. I haven't been on the ice in a long time. I can rollerblade too. Hockey is really the only sport I give a crap about. Anyone else play Hockey? I'm also good at soccer and badmitten, but I pretty much suck at everything else.

Go Chicago Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tony Amonte!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/media/nhl/2000/0905/photo/ss_amonte_i.jpg

Reb Starblazer
09-12-2002, 12:37 AM
Well Ep2 Anakin like I said, "one" of the most physically demanding sports. Swimming is definitely one of them too.

Originally posted by gorganfloss

I would say having another dudes nuts in ur face is more mentally scarring than physically demanding...:p

Probably, but that's why I make sure not to get into a bad situation where "some other guys nuts are in my face" as you so elequontly put it. Wrestling is about controlling your opponent, not letting them control you:D And seeing as I'm a rather good wrestler, I'm generally not the one with someone else's nuts in my face.:D And also, I try to keep my nuts away from other peoples faces, don't do unto others what you wouldn't want done unto you, after all:p

Guardian Omega
09-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Hmmmmmm, what I can tell, most of you started doing the heavy hammer at high school......There's still a chance for me. Yay!:D

ShockV1.89
09-12-2002, 12:50 AM
And seeing as I'm a rather good wrestler, I'm generally not the one with someone else's nuts in my face.

I guess it might be a good way to force a forfeit...

Unless they enjoy it? :eek: :eek:

ibballin
09-12-2002, 01:55 AM
i hardly workout but for some reason im athletic. i use to work out but that was years ago. i still play sports with friends a lot. like basketball, football, baseball and rugby. j/k on the rugby:D

Luc Solar
09-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Trying deperately to get back in shape again...now if I could only get my ass off this chair! :D

Used to be in great shape, but haven't moved an inch since last October. :(

Starting basketball again. But I'm afraid it'll be like:

Luc tries to grab the rim >>> barely makes it high enough to touch the net >>> starts crying like a little baby.

Luc pulls a three >>> "OMG! Uh...PASS! IT'S A PASS!!!"

.....basketball is not the kind of sport that you want to get back to after a long break. Especially if three-pointers used to be you speciality.. :D

Absurd
09-12-2002, 02:24 AM
My mouse has become lighter lately.

I think my finger muscles are getting stronger. :)

ibballin
09-12-2002, 02:27 AM
ive never been good at basketball but i still like to play it. sometimes my friends and i go to a middle school by my house and dunk there cause the rims are real low there:p i cant dunk on regular rims:( .......yet

C'jais
09-12-2002, 03:22 AM
I'm not really athletic... I aint that strong, but my legs are quite efficient and my body don't look too bad (from my point of view :D)...

When I picture someone working out, I can't help thinking of these "tough guys" with gold chains and baggy jeans sweating in some gyms to improve their ego... Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's just how I see them....

LadyGaladriel
09-12-2002, 06:23 AM
Cross country and gymnastics are good. :)

leXX
09-12-2002, 06:26 AM
Well I used to be extremely athletic when I was younger. I did everything from athletics, diving and canoeing to badmington, table tennis, gymnastics and ballet. You name it, I did it, I am even a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. Now however, I hardly do any exercise but looking after my two daughters is work out enough for me so I would say I'm fit but not as fit as I could be.

Clemme w/Stick
09-12-2002, 07:01 AM
Excersize is good!! I play basketball apart from going to school and being on these boards...!

-Clemme

Jah Warrior
09-12-2002, 07:09 AM
Exercise?!?!?!?!

You must be joking, I would only exercise if I got fat, luckily I'm just one of them skinny dudes always 12 stone in weight.

As for exercising to be muscly, I'll give that a miss thanks, its soo vain.

Having said that, when I was a youngster 18-19 I used to race mountain bikes and could easily cycle 30 - 40 miles without breaking a sweat, however I got a car and that was the end of that!

PS iballin your homerisms on your siggu are coool man, gotta love homer.:D

Deetox187
09-12-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I used to play Hockey in high school. Right wing. I was a fast skater. I haven't been on the ice in a long time. I can rollerblade too. Hockey is really the only sport I give a crap about. Anyone else play Hockey? I'm also good at soccer and badmitten, but I pretty much suck at everything else.

Go Chicago Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tony Amonte!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/media/nhl/2000/0905/photo/ss_amonte_i.jpg

Yeah hockey is the only sport i play, just ball hockey in a gym though, i don't skate or rollerblade.

btw Tony Amonte signed a contract with the Pheonix Coyotes a couple months ago. :p

Darth-Nasty
09-12-2002, 07:31 AM
i used to play in a few football teams

and i still play regularly with my mates:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/p6d8f7756950e29155bf3368ae6a46e19/fd487568.jpg

Sivy
09-12-2002, 07:31 AM
I used to play soccer a lot and cycle everywhere, then I got a car and now I donít even walk to the shop 5 minutes down the road. Iím blessed through and many people will hate me saying this, but I canít put on weight, I eat only fast food and junk food, I no longer exercise, but I donít put on a pound Iím even slightly under-weight for my age and height. I have great metabolism (I think that spell right)

D66
09-12-2002, 08:57 AM
I swim about 1 KM a day.
60 Pushups a day (30 Morning 30 Evening)
But the beer-belly keeps getting refilled!!!

Kstar__2
09-12-2002, 09:17 AM
i don't really exersize, but i ain't big either, i'm almost the opposite: skinny

Zedar
09-12-2002, 09:31 AM
I do gymnastics, snowboarding and badminton
Gymnastics regulary
So I think I'm in a pretty good shape for a kid my age:)
Does anyone here know who is Jani Tanskanen?
He's my idol:D

XERXES
09-12-2002, 09:35 AM
I ran track in high school. And for four years i have been doing mountain bike racing. I want to get into road bike racing, but i gotta find a better road bike. Usually I ride my current road or my mountain bike for aproxamately 2 hours a day at a training pace. I remember back in HS i would drive home after school. Get on my road bike ride back to school on it, go to track (and cross country in the fall) pratice. That would last two hours or so. Then instead of going directly home i would ride for another hour or so. So yea im very very atheletic/fit.

Pad
09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
i do some sports and some exercises to stay in shape. and i think it workes rather good :D . feelin good in ur body is feelin good in ur mind.

BCanr2d2
09-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Can't do a great deal of exercise until I get my knee operated on - the family curse of the Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (TACL) has struck me too...........

So, you could say a TACL has laid me down for the count!!!

Reb Starblazer
09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
Can't do a great deal of exercise until I get my knee operated on - the family curse of the Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (TACL) has struck me too...........

So, you could say a TACL has laid me down for the count!!!

Someday you could say it's an old football injury. It was caused by a TACL(said Tackle) after all:D

On a more serious note, hope that goes good for ya man. I had to have surgery done on my ankle a few years ago, still have a pin in it. My knees are definitely not what they used to be, and I'll probably either need surgery, or have arthritis when I'm older.
Ahh, the long term effects of High School/University wrestling:D

JrKASperov
09-12-2002, 12:03 PM
yoda, im jsut as thin as yoda

StrSk8er
09-12-2002, 02:38 PM
lets see,i'm a professional food eater as in i like to eat stuff like potato chips and drinkin soda. that keeps me in great shape. oh yeah so does skateboarding, falling really tears part of your skin off taking some weight with it.

Darth Groovy
09-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Deetox187

Yeah hockey is the only sport i play, just ball hockey in a gym though, i don't skate or rollerblade.

btw Tony Amonte signed a contract with the Pheonix Coyotes a couple months ago. :p

You just had to go and bring that up didn't you?:cry7:

Go Eric Daze!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAZE!
http://www.superstadium.net/first/nhl/player/lw_2/chi-daze-all.jpg

Agen
09-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Well i'm in fine shape so i never feel the need to go out excercise.

Altus_Thrawn
09-12-2002, 05:09 PM
I don't excersize that much, my only sport is Tennis (sorta). I am much better at math and stuff like that than physical things.

Guardian Omega
09-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Heheheh, I thought I was the only guy in my school that broke out of the mold of nerd=weak and smart. I can do 80 pushups in one sitting if you count the pushup breaks(3), otherwise 50. I'm currently trying to find the time to jog now, two blocks is enough for me nonstop.:p

Unfortunately, school has me pinned down. (I can probably only do a jog on short days, aka get out at 12:30. Damn home-schooling and school work! Nasty combo if you got a diehard mom with an itchy thing for math........

WolfmanNCSU
09-13-2002, 12:11 PM
I lift, exercise, run, and eat right every day. It makes me feel better. While in HS I played football, basketball, and threw discus. Now I play lacrosse for my university. We practice everyday, all the time. Its really hard work and kills my short as it is time, but its really worth it to me, and I enjoy it a lot.

ckcsaber
09-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Im in pretty good shape

Darth Knight
09-13-2002, 05:35 PM
i am very athletic..

i am on the cross coutry team and we run 3 and 3/4 miles every other day, between that i run 2.5 miles

i am on the soccer team and we run 3 miles worth of laps then we still do drills and scrimages and stuff for another 1-2 hours, so that is a lot, and that is everyday during soccer season.

Everyday i do 100 sit ups and as many push-ups as i can which is usually 55-65

so yes i am in good shape

StrSk8er
09-13-2002, 09:13 PM
i got a question, am i the only one who skateboards... from now on im callin it skating just so you know what im talkin about. i noticed almost everyone lifts weights,runs,swims,and plays football, dont any of you do alternative sports?

Old_Ben
09-13-2002, 09:27 PM
I used to be out of shape. I liked to play any sport with my friends but was still out of shape. Then I joined my high school cross country team, which runs, and lifts, and do sit up etc. every day. So now I'm in shape. I just hope that after high school I can keep running or i'll go back to the way I was before.