PDA

View Full Version : Love Advice...

ZePhyR
09-13-2002, 12:12 AM
If you guys have Girl/Love/Dating problems, post them here instead of making a brand new thread. This thread's been around for a while, and it's not just for my problems, but everyone's as you'll see if you read this entire thread. Everyone at this forum is more than willing to offer advice, and from personal experience, it's a good place for moral support if you need it. Thanks, ZePh.

I know I'll get some quick replies at these forums... *hopes*

Alright folks, here's the deal. Tomorrow I'm going to ask my friend to my school's homecoming dance that's coming up in a month or so. I heard that somebody else asked her already yesterday, but she said no. I was planning on asking her next week, but becuz of this, I decided I have to make my move quick. I share a locker with her, so early tomorrow morning I plan on going and buying flowers and sticking a note in there with them asking her to go with me. Is this a bad idea, or do you think it will work? Some of my friends have told me that it would be better to ask her face-to-face, and I agree, but there's no way to hide the flowers until I could get her alone tomorrow during lunch to ask her. Other buddies have told me that flowers aren't absolutely nessesary, but I'm sure they can't hurt. :) Also, should I get a variety of flowers with a few rose buds in a bigger vase, or should I get a smaller vase with a dozen pink flowers in them? I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, but tell me what you think. I've asked girls out before, but I've never been this nervous. I've never liked anyone as much as her, and I want to make sure she'll say yes. Help me guys/gals.

Weapon X
09-13-2002, 12:21 AM
ya know, you and i are kinda in the same boat, our dance is in 2-3 weeks and i asked this girl who had been asked by some other people, she said no to them and hasn't answered me yet, i get one tomorrow, she likes me, she told my friends, i like her, i told her to her face when i sat her down and explained to her that she needs to give me an answer before it's too late for me to find another date, i don't know how that went, i'm hoping it went good, but what i think you should do is GET HER ALONE!!! first of all, then second, just come out with it something like "*her name* I like you, I like you alot, i don't know if you noticed before but i do, and i was wondering if you'd go to the homecoming dance with me", or just ask her out like that, i'm a pretty big ladies man here and most of my techniques work so, depending on the girl, you should modify it a little bit and use it, it'll work unless she's waiting for someone else to ask her, in that case just say "well i'm here for you if he isn't"

Kylilin
09-13-2002, 12:22 AM
The note idea is fine, I think it should work, just make sure that you are there when she sees the note. Also, forget a bunch of flowers, one single rose will do the trick, chicks usually dig red or pink. To them, a single rose is very romantic, the only thing that is more romantic/sweet than one rose, is a dozen, so its up to you.

Good Luck!!

ZePhyR
09-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Okay, here's another thing... I was kind of planning on doing what you said, ani, about just telling her how much I like her like that, in fact almost verbatim to what you said. And then, how I planned it, I could pull out a rose and ask her. That could probably work too. The second idea about the flowers, the roses, what a dozen pink roses with the note in the locker. Would it be better if I somehow managed to keep the rose undamaged through first period, when we can then leave for an early lunch, and i can ask her then while we're alone?

Kylilin
09-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Usually the florist can provide a box for the rose to keep it undamaged. So you could hold on to it until you ask her face to face. Either one of the ways described before should do nicely. Just remember to relax and have confidence.

*I'm starting to feel like Dear Abby over here*:D

Weapon X
09-13-2002, 12:36 AM
make sure you get her alone though, then if she's debating/doesn't know, just say "i'm fine with a yes or a no, if yes, cool, in no, still cool, but no matter what i still wanna be friends" and pulling one rose out of nowhere would be a GREAT thing to do, don't get a bunch, that's just a waste, but, you should take her to lunch and be alone when you do it

XERXES
09-13-2002, 01:40 AM
yea be sure its one on one when you ask her. If it helps try to hang out with her some before the event, but seeing as how its already close up i dunno.

Selaris
09-13-2002, 02:05 AM
I know this has nothing to do with what you asked, but I recommend being who and what you are at all times. We waste so much time trying to be someone else for the people we think we like, that we fail to realize that we can't really be happy as someone else. Being happy is the whole point of being with someone. I think a lot of us, especially when we're young, wind up trying to rearange ourselves for someone else.

Anyway, I need to get down from my pulpit here...lol. Just be yourself, have fun with her, and try to keep your voice steady when you ask her, as if there might be one or two girls who you could go out with, and it's no big deal.

Also, when asking for advice, consider the source, the internet is the wrong place to ask for it, even if it does provide fast answers. I don't count in that though cause I'm...cool...*ahem* ... or possibly not =P

Absurd
09-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Selaris
I know this has nothing to do with what you asked, but I recommend being who and what you are at all times. We waste so much time trying to be someone else for the people we think we like, that we fail to realize that we can't really be happy as someone else. Being happy is the whole point of being with someone. I think a lot of us, especially when we're young, wind up trying to rearange ourselves for someone else.

Anyway, I need to get down from my pulpit here...lol. Just be yourself, have fun with her, and try to keep your voice steady when you ask her, as if there might be one or two girls who you could go out with, and it's no big deal.

Also, when asking for advice, consider the source, the internet is the wrong place to ask for it, even if it does provide fast answers. I don't count in that though cause I'm...cool...*ahem* ... or possibly not =P

That's the best advice. What he just said - be yourself, relax, life goes on. And thing about the Internet is true - good for games, movies, and computer geek stuff - but bad for social advice.

ZePhyR
09-13-2002, 03:08 AM
Look, I don't think everyone that uses the internet is a geek. Not even close. I didn't even think of that when I came here looking for advice. I asked all of my RL friends, and most of them think that they know the right way to go, but all of their ideas on this are different. I think a lot of what you guys said has helped me, and hopefully it has given me that extra confidence boost I need. I have a big time fear of rejection, and I just need to get past that. After school, I'm going to the volleyball game, and then to work, but I'll update you guys on what happens just in case you care. ;)

I'll just have to learn to develop my own style I guess. Thx again fellas.

Kstar__2
09-13-2002, 07:30 AM
i wish you all the luck in the world

Sivy
09-13-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ZePhyR
I have a big time fear of rejection

i did too once, now i have a fear of losing the chance, never knowing, missed opportunties.
in other words, rejection is hard and not very nice, but you get over it.
seize the moment!

WolfmanNCSU
09-13-2002, 11:53 AM
A note is a bad idea. Never send a note to do a man's job. Notes are easy to say "no" to, and it shows you are not brave enough to just ask her. You share a locker with her, so its gonna be easy to talk to her right. I mean, she is going to be right there first thing in the morning, so just ask her then.

Remember notes are bad. The flowers are not a must. But if you still want to get her some flowers, that is cool. Its really just up to you with whatever you want to do with that. Just dont spend a whole lot, or go over board. A single flower by itself can work just fine, or hand pick some nice flowers. That always works great too. However, remember you are at school, and she is going to have to keep these somewhere right. They need water, and is she really going to want to keep them with her all day long, or is she going to put it in the locker or something. In my opinion, the flowers are more of a hassle in this case. Just save it for now, and then get her something nice when you go pick her up on the day of the dance.

Be brave, relax. Don't be nervious. Easier said than done I am sure. I was somewhat nervious around women my freshmen year in HS, but things really have changed since then. Just be cool.

This is an easier task than you think. Just say hey whatever her name is, do you have a date for the homecoming dance yet? Would you like to go with me, it will be fun, we'll have a great time, it will be a blast, ect, ect. Tell her that you want to go to the dance, and you think it will be fun to go with her.

She'll probably say sure, because I am assuming she is your friends, and you do have a good time when yall hang out. If she says no, then say come on, why not, and then she why she says no. Nothing wrong in asking why they say no. It could be for a good reason. Lastly, if she does say no, its not the end of the world. You have lots of time, just ask another date. I have been turned down once or twice myself, so I just found someone else to go with, and had fun with someone else. Its no biggie.

Good luck with everything, I am sure you'll be fine, just dont get nervious. I hope some of these tips help a little. Have your own style.

FatalStrike
09-13-2002, 12:46 PM
Bah! Highschool Romance

Frankly I was never without a date in highschool because I could always out do everyone when it came to the "time to ask" phase of life.

First let me say that asking her at school is a bad idea. Be it lunch or any other time still sucks. Try to get her to hang out after class, walk somewhere. While walking start talking to her and get a feel for her mood. If she is serious then come at her serious if she is joking then lighten it up. If she is depressed just reassure her about what ever is wrong and hold off on asking her. Tell her that you'll call her to make sure she is holding up alright later that night.

Once you have a plan of attack and know how you have to approach it, then make sure not to stumble all over yourself trying to be a romantic. People end up saying stupid cheesylines that don't fit the moment. Odds are if you like her you have some nice things to say without having to speak in a different way then you normally do. Point is don't go all Shakespear on her unless you normally sit under balconies in oreder to explain your feelings.

Let her know that she is looking good and that you have noticed. Something like "you look good today, something good happen to you?" then if she says yes you reply "yeah I figured there was a reason that you look even better then you normally do." if she says no she will most likely say "no, why" then your reply should be "Don't know, you just caught my eye today for some reason" to this her reply should be positive if not EJECT!!

Finally DO NOT go and say "Oh I like you so much, blah blah blah" save some for the sequel. Just make it seem very non threatening and just bust out with "hey this could sound crazy to you but how bout me and you go to thie dance comin up together" DO NOT PASS OUT.

If she says yes say "man that was nerve racking" and laugh it off. Its important that you not hide the fact that you are nervous, because trust me buddy, she knows.

The flowers are optional but if I were you I'd stay away from buying a bush and just stick with one. Its more romantic and is easier to hit her with as a surprise. Kinda hard to pull a rose bush from behind your back with out getting attacked by bee's anyway.

Hope this helps.

Agen
09-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Or you could the classic spoon formula where you hang of the ceiling light and jump them Like a bat! and gouge out the rival's guts.
Ask Adcfanbill. :)

Darklighter
09-13-2002, 12:56 PM
I think that was the best advice I have ever heard Fatal lol...thanks for the info too;)

FatalStrike
09-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
I think that was the best advice I have ever heard Fatal lol...thanks for the info too;)

No problem!

Also whatever you do don't listen to Agen_terminato, I think he might be a little crazied :nutz3:

Agen
09-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Are you putting down spoon advice!!!!! This has been posted many timesa and now someone with so-called real advice :rolleyes: turns it down!!!!!!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/termie/thoughshallspoon.jpg

XERXES
09-13-2002, 01:20 PM
and if you start makin out with her (in private) grab her bewbies, that works wonders. :lol:

FatalStrike
09-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
and if you start makin out with her (in private) grab her bewbies, that works wonders. :lol:

I am sure women sit around hoping that you will touch their "bewbies"

No class = No ass :cool:

FatalStrike
09-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Are you putting down spoon advice!!!!! This has been posted many timesa and now someone with so-called real advice :rolleyes: turns it down!!!!!!!

O I C what the spoon is all about :) You are a heroine addict! The spoon = where you cook the heroine. Sorry it took me a while to understand your crazy post but I get it now.

So does it really make your teeth fall out?

Agen
09-13-2002, 03:52 PM
*kal's fav evil smile*
Well jsut for you to know the spoon is the lost gem of the world which can take over minds and control the universe!!!! just getting people's votes with propaganda :D

LivingSacrifice
09-13-2002, 03:54 PM

***bewbies***? hehehehehehe

That always works when I try it, I mean, thats what I did the last time I asked this girl out and she said yes. We went to the park to talk and I grabbed her "bewbies" Next thing I know, we were married and had 2 kids :D *lol* go figure...

To tell the truth, lots of good advice from strike, just be yourself. That is what a girl looks for. Not someone fronting, turns them off.

I would like to hear what leXX has to say about this also.

Peace

Agen
09-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeh, being yourself and confidence is the key. (coudl also try the spoon idea :D) Making- Yourself confidence

Clem
09-13-2002, 04:06 PM
i have been single for <mumble mumble> and feel i have no place in this thread

BUT

im gonna say sumthing neway

having many female friends ..... (2's many right?) :) and not having read the other comments

the note and flowers idea .... is cool ... for this occasion maybe a single rose? ... but some girls would rather u ask em straight .... depends on the girl

Kstar__2
09-13-2002, 04:14 PM
haha, i love the "bewbies" part! LMAO

Sivy
09-13-2002, 04:14 PM
well this would be what Wayne would say,

I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. If you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

it's good advice :)

ZBomber
09-13-2002, 04:23 PM

What if there ae no "bewbies"? :eek: :D

Agen
09-13-2002, 06:43 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

XERXES
09-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by FatalStrike

I am sure women sit around hoping that you will touch their "bewbies"

No class = No ass :cool:
im talkin after you are past that point and begin to make out.....
past the point where you already know you have her.

What if there ae no "bewbies"?
:rofl: http://www.adamoski.com/images/Faces/uhoh2.gif
uh...wait a few years :confused:

ZePhyR
09-13-2002, 09:21 PM
She said yes guys. I have to go to work now, but I'll tell you how it went when i get home.

Sivy
09-13-2002, 09:22 PM
She said yes guys. I have to go to work now, but I'll tell you how it went when i get home.

nice one!

XERXES
09-13-2002, 09:23 PM
go you!
:thumbsup:

Absurd
09-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Just don't knock her up.

Been there done that.

Better to just go to public places and drink milk-shakes. :)

Rogue Nine
09-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Good advice.

Tyrion
09-13-2002, 09:52 PM
To reinact a South Park episode...

boo-bie

oo

booby

() ()

booo bi!

OO

BEWBIE!

:D

ZBomber
09-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
To reinact a South Park episode...

boo-bie

oo

booby

() ()

booo bi!

OO

BEWBIE!

mmm... plactic boo bie!
Plactic V china? :D

Jedi Spy
09-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Ok, first off the worst thing you can do in these sort of situations is ask for advice on an internet forum :( I realise alot of these people have good intentions but they dont know the girl and dont know you and it can have disasterous consequences.

Another thing is...not meaning to worry you or anything....but is it really worth taking this risk that will ruin your friendship? Sharing a locker and stuff she sounds like your best friend...what if she says no? that will be the end of your friendship :(

Not meaning to worry you just being realistic.

Forget the flowers. Save a single red rose for a first date or at the dance.

Or how about since she is your friend you ask her to go as friends and if the moment seems right tell her how you feel then :(

Again i dont want you to take my advice too seriously because this is the internet and your setting yourself up for a fall but i would like to wish you good luck anyway and i hope you get lucky :D

Guardian Omega
09-13-2002, 11:34 PM
He's already suceeded in his task, Jedi Spy. Heheheh, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that stuff in 8th grade and I'm not planning to get a date, there's things better than that in my opinion. But from what I can tell, you people are giving good advice. In case I change my mind, I'll come here!:D

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Well i didnt see that, congrats man hope it goes ok :P

Doesnt mean to say my advice isnt good :D

8th grade? pah. You must start early if you want to be a casanova my young padawan

Weapon X
09-14-2002, 12:40 AM
i started goin for girls early (like 2nd grade) and now i'm a pretty big pimp in my school, but some girls are harder than others, hey zephyr, who's advice did you use? was it a combo or just one person's? do tell, i like hearing about stories of people getting together cuz of my help :cool:

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 01:00 AM
heh anakin wants matchmaking kudos ;)

ZePhyR
09-14-2002, 05:44 AM
Okay folks, here's a big post... :rolleyes: I've vented to everybody i know about it, but I feel i owe this forum the story too.

Heh, I wish I would've started earlier. Would've taken away some of the stress I'm dealing with right now. I've moved around about 3 times in the last 4 years, and it's been more of a worry about just getting friends than girls. I've gone to 3 different High Schools now... This is my second year at this particular school, and things seem to be going very good for me right now. I've made a few good friends that are interested in the same things I'm in, and they stay out of trouble. I've known this girl, HM I'll call her, since last year, and we clicked right from the start. I liked her all of last school year, but there was one thing standing in the way: her boyfriend.

I got her number before the end of the school year, but was too big of a wuss to call her until summer was nearly over. As it turns out, her boyfriend cheated on her or something like that, and they broke up about a month before school was over. And, as it caught me by surprise, at a club meeting at school, he came into the gym and she went out with him for a minute. My heart sunk when I saw this. As it turns out, he was moving out-of-state that day, and just wanted to say goodbye. When she told a few of us this, one of my brother's friends told me that I finally got a shot. Because of some vandalism to my car (I know who it is, but its a different story), I've gotten a few rides with her to school, and her and I have been out to lunch one time earlier this week (Tuesday I think it was, which seems so long ago now).

It was Thursday afternoon during the period after lunch that her, one of my buddies, another girl and I were working on computers next to each other that she said someone asked her to Homecoming, but she said no to him. I was mad at myself for not doing it earlier that week, but also relieved that I still had a chance to do it.

Thursday night is when I had to come up with some ideas on how to do it. I had been asking friends from work about it all week, and everybody told me to just "nut up" and do it. This one kid even told me that if I don't ask her out, he's going to. I came up with a few ideas, called one of my friends to see what he thought, and them came on here when he said that it's my choice what I do. I made this post, then went and saw another at work, where he suggested that I just buy a single rose in the morning and give it to her. All of your guys' support really helped too, believe it or not.

So I did that this morning. I went and bought a single pink rose, and on the way to school, (Still getting rides) my mom suggested that I just be bold and walk into class and give it to her in front of everyone. I thought I could do it until I talked to my friend RR out in the parking lot. It was here where I wussed out, hid the rose and walked into school.

When I walked into class, I left for a few minutes to spill the beans to my friend TM. He told me I should do it today and asked if I had any plans on how to do it. I told him that I hoped to take her out during second period or lunch and do it, and he said that was a good idea. Actually, once I got to class, he told me to "do it" a few times without being obvious. Somehow or another, all the kids in our group activity found out what I wanted to do. I asked her if she was busy second period or lunch, and she said she was. She had to go pick up her Senior Portraits. Well, the original plan wouldn't work. I moped around all of lunch until third period when my friend BG told me that I need to just focus on weight lifting, and try not to think about her as much. This really helped actually.

So we did our thing, and when the end of the period came around again, I got that nervous feeling in my gut again, and was scared again. When passing was almost over, I walked past our locker, and she was there. I thought this would be my perfect and last opportunity to do it. I went over and talked to her for a minute, and just couldn't spit out something like, "follow me to my other locker, I got something for you," or anything like that. That was my last second plan. When she was done at the locker, she wanted me to walk her to class, but my locker was the other way. I was telling myself to get her to come with me, but I couldn't force myself to do it. I walked her to class, turned around, and wanted to just die right there. I thought I had failed.

I ran into class, told my teacher that one of the office aides needed to see me for a minute. He didn't want to let me at first, but somehow I persuaded him to let me go, and ran to the office where I talked to TM again. He asked me if I did it, and I had to tell him no again for like the 10th time of the day. He told the office lady that I wanted to ask her to the dance, and that she's one of those girls thats getting asked already. I asked her if Volleyball players were being excused early for their 3:30 game. She said no, they shouldn't be, and that I'll have to wait til after school. Even the office lady told me to be brave and do it!

I went back to class, workt on a test for 10 minutes until I heard the annoucement: "Frosh Volleyball players are excused to the Gymnasium now. JV and Varsity players are excused in 15 minutes." I had 15 minutes to pull myself together and do this. I finiished the first part of the test in 10 minutes, went to my teacher and told him that i had to go to the bathroom and that it was an emergency. I found TM again, and he told me that I have about 2 minutes to run to my locker to get the rose. We started in the direction of the locker, and heading towards us was HM! He told me to run around the corner to my locker and he would try to distract her for a second.

I was going to do what he told me to do, but when I got to my locker, for some reason, I could not get it open. I am positive that I was doing the combo right, but I couldn't get it. I think for some odd reason I wasn't meant to get it open just then. She walked by and said, "Oh, youre sharing a locker with somebody else, huh?" and kept walking by. I told her to come back for a second, and she said she couldn't, cuz she had to run out to her car to get her stuff. I tried one more time, but she wouldn't. I looked at TM and told him this was worse than rejection. He said "It is pretty bad, but don't give up yet."

I tried my locker again, and it workt that time. I grabbed the rose, headed towards the commons, sat at a table and waited for her to come back in. I hid the rose behind a barbie doll (that's our class pass), and when she came back in, I lookt back at all the kids that were interested in whether I could do it or not, and ran after her.

I said, "Hey, I got something for you," and held the barbie out towards her. She thought I was giving her the barbie. lol. I told her I had something else for her too, and brought out the rose. Her eyes lit up, and she told me how sweet it was, and asked me why I was giving it to her. I said, "Becuz I want you to come to homecoming with me." She said she didn't know if she'd be in town when the dance was taking place, becuz she might go visit her brother in AK. I said, "But will you go with me if you don't go," and she said, "Yeah, of course." I tried to be smooth and put my arm around her and talk about her game that was coming up, but my mouth was sooo dry for some reason all of a sudden. That happens when I get nervous I guess. I told her I had to get back to class, so I took my barbie, said I'd see her later, and went back to class. When i signed back in, It said I was out over 20 minutes, and bathroom breaks aren't supposed to be more than 5 mintues. Oops. My teacher didn't say a thing though... Maybe he knew what was going on.

I was so caught up in the moment that I couldnt think about or concentrate on anything else. I felt kind of bad that theres a chance she might be out of town, but also relieved that I finally forced myself to do it and she said yes.

TM had heard somehow that she said yes, and congratulated me. A bunch of other people that knew about it congratulated me as well. I told BG and RR about it, and they were both happy for me too. I had to finish up an assignment for another class, and so I went and did that, then headed towards the gym for the volleyball game. I talked to another buddy MZ before I went in, and it turns out that the person taking money at the door was the Office Lady I talked to earlier. When I went in she said, "I heard she said yes. Congratulations. Don't worry about paying, I think you should just get in there and watch her play." Sweet... free volleyball. I watched them play, and HM's team kicked butt. They won in 3 straight sets. After the game, I waited for her to come out of the lockeroom so I could congratulate her, but they were having a team conference in there.

I saw TM again, and he told me to just play it cool, and that I would see her Monday. And I think that's a good idea. I don't want to scare her away by giving her too much attention from the get-go.

Well, It's been a rough week, but I think today was a good way to end it. :) Hope you guys could read all of this.

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:37 PM
sniff i almost cried.

i bet she is really fit since shes a volleyball player :D

ZBomber
09-14-2002, 08:06 PM
cool. Well, if she is in town, have fun! :)

JaseP
09-16-2002, 12:36 AM
ZePhyR,

here's a word of advice from a guy who is probably more than twice your age (literally). Congrats and all about asking the girl out, but I gotta say,...

get a pair...

and I mean that in the nicest way possible (if there is one). I can relate about a million stories that were "coulda woulda shoulda" for me,... I'd spare any young pups like you that grief if I can. If you like her and you have even an inkling that you have a shot, go for it and don't wait. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Nothing kicks you in the ass for the rest of your life like knowing you should have done something that would have made your life more enjoyable. So, get a pair,... brass ones,... and ask them out if you feel like it. Nerves, shmerves. Just do it. The worst she can do is say "No." (actually the worst she can do is make fun of you, but you can still make a self-depricating joke of the incident). And if she says yes, then you got yourself one step further.

Besides, girls like confidence. Ever wonder why they go out with the real jack-asses??? It's 'cause they had the testicular fortitude to ask them out. You didn't... They win, you loose. Girls are attracted to good looks just like guys are, but only for a very brief time. The rest of their attraction to a guy comes from personality and the perception of power he projects. That's why the rich guys and the older guys, and the guys with the million dollar personalities get the girls... That's why a porche is just as attractive to a girl as a set of cute buns on a guy,...

[By the way, they also like "bad boys" but I'll save that for another lecture series]

So be the guy with the personality,... be the guy with the aire of strength. Ask the girls out when you are attracted to them. The other "nice guys" will probably be just as chicken-$#!t as you... and you might have a clear runway...

Just a little hindsight from an old fart...

Ratmjedi
09-16-2002, 01:02 AM
Congrats on asking her out. Hope she's in town for homecoming.

Second of all I heard you're having some vandalism troubles?
Tell me whats been going on and I'll give yousome advice on that. I'm an expert at Vandalism and Black Ops!:D Just give me the info and I can give you advice as to what to do. Tell us what happens between you and her.
:lsduel: :duel:

acdcfanbill
09-16-2002, 01:38 AM
congrats... :D

ZePhyR
09-16-2002, 02:23 AM
Jase... Thankyou. That messages was well put. You're right. I do need to be more ballsy. I wish I would've realized this sooner. From here on out, I don't think I will be afraid. I've learned a lot from this one experience. From what I hear though, its hard for everybody their first few times. I agree with everything else you said also.

My friend Cole told me a story today. It went something like this...

There is an older bull and a younger bull standing at the top of a hill looking down at a bunch of cows in a pasture. The younger one says, "Let's run down there and we can each screw a cow." The older bull says, "Let's walk down there and screw all of them."

This story is actually a good one to learn from. I am pretty much committed to seeing what comes from this relationship with this girl, but I shouldn't be upset if it doesn't work out in the end. There's many more cows in the pasture (fish in the sea, etc.) I'm going to go into this and try to enjoy myself with her. I think I can be more confident now and just try to have fun.

Thx again Jase. If you'd post your lecture on bad boys, I'd like to hear it.

And now about the vandalism.

Two weeks ago today, we woke up to find all 8 tires on both of our cars ice-picked. We replaced them, filed a police report, etc. We also came to find that the boot on one of my axles had been cut, and its possible that sand was put in my transmission. We've since been using just my moms car. My car's not worth the money it would take to fix it. Yesterday morning, we woke up, and they were all slashed again. We know exactly who is behind it, but we have no proof. It's my mom's ex-boyfriend trying to cost us money. We've set up a video camera and replaced the tires on my mom's car again, but besides that, there's not much we can do. We are going to try and take care of this legally, but if we can't I dunno what's going to happen.

Hmm, reply you must :yoda:

acdcfanbill
09-16-2002, 02:50 AM
gone are the days when you could have just taken the real jerks out behind the woodshed and beat them with you belt. oh well, the legal system has it perks too :D :p

lsd|Wee Bitch
09-16-2002, 05:41 AM
Go up to her in a turban with a copy of the Kuran and say "Bitch, go with me to the dance or die."

She might be so scared she'll say yes out of fear.

lsd|Wee Bitch
09-16-2002, 05:45 AM
nevermind :)

Jedi Spy
09-16-2002, 05:52 AM
lsd wee bitch its not a copy of the koran you need its a joke book. Think about how funny ur comments are before u actually type them. U have time to think about it, its the internet not real life :rolleyes:

lsd|Wee Bitch
09-16-2002, 05:56 AM
lol....sorry then
boredom can do strange things to an individual....

Jedi Spy
09-16-2002, 06:05 AM
Yea and im sure a muslim would do much worse :rolleyes:

FatalStrike
09-16-2002, 12:45 PM
HAHA! She said Yeah! Woot!

Anyway man I told you how to be smooth but you ignored my advice and waited till the plane was on fire before taking the plunge. Who cares! It worked.

Now my advice is....

Let the haters hate, cause a playa makes his own rules!

ya dig?

FatalStrike
09-16-2002, 12:53 PM
As for the punk dat be messin wit yo ride I gots just da thing.

Take a pisture of yourself holding a shotgun out a window of your house that faces the cars. Blow that picture up and put one inside the each car facing out of the window you think the punk ass is most likely to notice. The install one of those fans that turns real slow from side to side near the window you are holding the shotgun in the picture. The curtains will move every 30 seconds or so freaking the guy out if he gets near the cars.

enjoy

acdcfanbill
09-16-2002, 03:18 PM
thats an awesome idea fatal, and if it doesnt scare them away, they will be laughing so loudly that you will easily be able to wake up and get your shotgun :D :p

ZePhyR
09-16-2002, 07:32 PM
A little update...

Things didn't go so well today. Let's just say I said something I shouldn't have to her. She was being a biotch to me all day, and then told me she didn't want to talk to me for the rest of the day after I said that to her. She also got flowers from a "secret admirer." I think she either got herself the flowers to toy with my emotions, or that the person is a puss. Either way, I haven't had a good day. I'm going to have to call her tonight, and try to play it off. Sigh...

ZBomber
09-16-2002, 07:49 PM
A little update...

Things didn't go so well today. Let's just say I said something I shouldn't have to her. She was being a biotch to me all day, and then told me she didn't want to talk to me for the rest of the day after I said that to her. She also got flowers from a "secret admirer." I think she either got herself the flowers to toy with my emotions, or that the person is a puss. Either way, I haven't had a good day. I'm going to have to call her tonight, and try to play it off. Sigh...

You told her she was being a bitch? wrong word..... :( Oh well, hope it works out.

Sivy
09-16-2002, 07:55 PM
If I were you I would say to her that, you really like her, but you’re afraid of rejection and you are very insecure the thought that she mught leave you made you stupid and scared and you didn’t know what you do.

girls love honestly like that

Yom
09-16-2002, 08:24 PM
ok this is what u do u dont comit. dont go for her cuz LOVE SUX ARSH i been in love and i am falling in love with my bestfriend and it sux ass cuz she dosnot know it and thinks that all i am is just a friend to talk to and bitch to. to day we were going to hand out and **** cuz 2 years to the day we been haning out and talking and stuff like that but she had to do something eals ~realizes people are staring~ well i need to shut up ~gose back to the hard liquer~

Absurd
09-16-2002, 09:02 PM
This sounds worse than "The Real World" on MTV. :eek:

ZePhyR
09-17-2002, 12:32 AM
I didn't call her a bitch, I jokingly told her that she needed to shave, cuz she said it looks like I've never had to shave before. Either she's toying with me, or she takes things way too seriously. If its the first case, I guess we all gotta get played sometime. If its the second, she's the one with the problem, not me. Ah well. I tried calling her tonight, but she wasn't home. Hmm, screning phone calls she may have been? :yoda:

And if it doesn't work, I gotta few girls on the back-burner.

Ratmjedi
09-17-2002, 12:37 AM
Sorry about the whole thing with the girl. Hope things get better between you too.

As for the vandalism I'm sorry about that. That looks like the work of an expert.

But so am I. Hehehehehehehehehehe:D

What you need to do is rally some friends and do some Recon. Scope out his house and get to know you're surroundings. The I suggest that you strike sillently. Get at least 4-5 friends to help you. Then go to the house and damage the car by getting bologne and eggs. Put them on the car and make sure to cover it. Crack the eggs and make sure to cover the car. Then get a good sized egg and stick it into the muffler. Make sure to get it in good so that you can't see it. And make sure that you cram it in so that it seals the muffler good. Then make sure to get the house on a hit and run after you have finished the car detailing. Hehehehe :D

Also make sure that you guys are wearing gloves. Leave no prints for the Cops. Also were dark clothing so be less conspiciouse. Make sure you hit the house around 2-4 in the morning. That is the best time. But make sure that you have good Recon and only go with it if you feel the coast is clear. Don't do it if you don't want too. Just some nice friendly advive.:D
Make sure you don't get caught either cause we are talking about seriouse damage here. Do it if you feel pissed and want to get even. Good luck with everything man. Godspeed

ZePhyR
09-17-2002, 12:43 AM
My buddies Cole, Sal, and Cody all want to screw with him. We have to try to get him the legal way first though.

Ratmjedi
09-17-2002, 12:55 AM
Well that's good but try all you're options untill you have no more and try this as youre last option.

Ratmjedi
09-17-2002, 12:58 AM
We'll I just spilled the beans to my friend about how I've become resently attracted to her. I'm talking to her right now. Don't know what's going to happen but I guess I'll inform you guys.
:duel: :lsduel:

ZePhyR
09-17-2002, 01:02 AM
GL man. If Hallie didn't know I like her before, she does now. I told her today that the only reason I was teasing her was because I like her. I think it's impossible that she couldn't have known. This guy named Chad told me that its okay to get whipped by the girl, but don't whip yourself over her. Hmm, good advice.

JaseP
09-17-2002, 06:35 AM
ZePhyR,

One thing to remember is that girls don't have the sensibility of guys. They don't take good-natured ribbing like guys do. If your comment was that she needed to shave her LEGS, then maybe it might have been funny, but if it was that she needed to shave her FACE, then LOL, man,... bad move.

Here's the heads up on how women (girls too, but women are smarter) operate between their ears;
The female gender has a greater capacity for rational thought. Unfortunately for them (and us), they don't use it. They "think" with their emotions almost exclusively. So thinking that you "give as good as you got" and such don't fly with them. It's also why they can think your crap doesn't stink one moment and be completely stand-offish then next. So the normal rules of interaction do not apply. Female "logic" is nothing of the kind. If they do something stupid, it's because of how they feel, and you are expected (by them) to know this intuitively. That makes "wrong" things right in their minds (i.e.: It's ok that they took a a nail file to your CD collection because they felt that you didn't care about them...).

Here's what works (generally): Girls like cutesy stuff. Teasing has to be done in a way that is minimally offensive (at least until you have a ring on your finger, then it doesn't matter). Don't try to think logically,... it's a waste of time. If you want to predict what they will do,... in the words of Jack Nicholson,... first think of what a guy would do, then take away reason and accountability... If you show you care, you are too needy, and they'll crap all over you. If you act like you don't care, they'll get mad that you're not taking their feelings into consideration and do something spiteful. You have to find a happy medium in there somewhere... Care a little bit, but not more than you do for the football scores... Oh,... and if you EVER find a girl who thinks logically AND is nice looking,... MARRY HER!!! You will have what 99% of men don't have... And remember, girls MANIPULATE. They will always be looking for a way to get things done by other people without doing them directly themselves. A friend will tell you she likes you. She'll spread rumors about another girl you like. She'll act like you're made of cat piss just to get you to show you care. etc. It's their nature. They were raised on soap operas... They want their lives to be like that.

By the way...

If she has another guy who likes her and she has had a torch burning for this guy, then you very well may be SOL (S%#$ outa luck). She's built this guy up to be some prince charming even though he might as well just be a punk, and there's little you can do about it, except take a page from the girl handbook and talk trash about him (like,... "Oh, I hear he treats girls like crap... Just what I hear." And get someone to back you up on it. She'll bang that one in her head around for a solid week.).

ZePhyR
09-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Thx again Jase. Me and a buddy went to her game tonight, and she kept glancing up and even staring at me a few times. They lost this game, but I went and told her that they put up a good fight anyway, and asked her when she'd be home and if I could call her. She told me that ya I could call her, but to wait an hour or so so she could cool off from the game. I called her, we talked for about 10 minutes, and I think things went pretty well. I asked her if she found out who her secret admirer was, and she just told me some guy like it wasn't a big deal. I think I'll just take all of the advice you guys have given me, try to learn from it, and just take it from here, boys. Instead of asking everybody else what I should do, I'm going to do what I think is right (minus joking about her needing to shave). It would've been pretty rediculous if it was over after one stupid comment, but then again, this is a girl we're talking about. I'll update you guys on what's happening, but I leave this thread to other people who need love advice from now on. Peace.

Ratmjedi
09-22-2002, 01:40 AM
Well it's been some time since this thread has had a post but like I said I'd keep you guys informed. Today me and my friend (Jess) the girl I like,went to a appreciataion ceromony for ROTC. I got a ride with her and her mom there. It was a pretty good trip and stuff. We had a lot of fun and it was just so great. After the ceromony we went to a book store and me and her got to flirt a lot in private. It was so great and I'm surprised that we didn't kiss. Her mom even bought me a book so I can say that I am in good standing with her mom. Her mom is also the difficult one in Jess's eyes. So I guess thats a good thing. We went clothes shopping after the book store and that wasn't that bad. She know's that I like her alot and she still doesn't know if she has feelings for me. Hopefully she will realize that she does or maybe those feelings will begin to appear. Yesterday we also had a very long phone call that was very cool and imformative. I think that she is going to start developing feelings because we have had much more contact than we use to have. I'm not getting overconfident but hopefully we will get together.

How are things going ZePhyR?
Are things better now or have the gotten worse?
Keep us informed :D

Darth Groovy
09-22-2002, 02:02 AM
Well after a long emotional tug-of-war that has lasted nearly two years I dumped my girlfriend yesterday. She is already starting up with the guilt trips and using my past words against me. Then she wanted to still be friends and I declined that offer as well. It has never worked in the past, I doubt it ever will. My sister's fiancee dumped her only a few days ago. At this point in my life I really doubt I even know what love really is. Maybe a chemical inbalacne, maybe a convience. None of it lasts, enjoy it while you can and be prepared for the worst. That is what works for me.

Ratmjedi
09-22-2002, 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I hope that things get better for you like they did for me. You are one of the most wisest Swampies here and I hope that things work out and that you don't lose faith in that thing people call Love. I know how the guilt trip thing is and it isn't pretty. Just know that you had to do it because it was the best thing for the both of you. It's tough now but it will get better later on. Sorry about what happened to you and you're sister. Thing's will get better and this will just be a bad memory. I'm pulling for you man. :)

Darklighter
09-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Yeah I'm sorry Groovy:(...everyone has their ups and downs in love...and most times it's just unfair...

The girl I was going out with, who said I should enjoy the time we had while we're young, and not get our hopes up over each other...well, she's just started going out with a guy in the same year as me...now I know she really didn't like me to begin with, I feel like crap...but what can you do?...if I say anything to her we'll start fighting, and I'll never be her friend again...I'm just not sure what to do:(...

Sivy
09-22-2002, 08:11 PM
my sympathy to you both groovy, darky

i think that old song says it best,

tell me quick, ain't love a kick, in the headdddddddddddddd

and is certainly is

my advice to you darky would be to be as nice to her as possible and try to appear like you still really like and miss her, but also try to have an air of confidence about you. show her what she's missing. it’s scientifically proven that a confidant male gives off a hormone that females find attractive (of course that may not be true but i remember reading it somewhere)

ZePhyR
09-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Whoa, its been a while folks. And my thread is still alive. Yay. Well, things really haven't gotten better for me. Its been so awkward since I asked her to the dance. We were both kind of avoiding each other there for a while. It's wierd. And then on Tuesday morning, she had me throw something away for her while i was going to the garbage. Someone told me that I'm her bitch, and that she had me whipped. Later that class, she told me I should read, and so I did. The kids that were giving me a hard time earlier started calling me HB -- Hallie's Bitch. EVERYBODY was calling me HB that day. At her volleyball game that night, my friend Cole even got her attention, pointed to me and mouthed "HB." Then, the next day, someone wrote HB in my hat. That made things even more awkward. I finally had a serious talk with her on Thursday, and it turns out that she never gave the other person that asked her a yes-or-no answer. She's felt just as awkward as I have. She told me that she liked things the way they were before, and I had to agree with her. I told her we could just go to the dance as friends. That's all I basically wanted in the first place anyway: We could go to the dance as friends. If something more came out of it, great, if not, we could still be friends. I wasn't anticipating everything getting complicated like it has been. We didn't have time to finish our talk, and so i tried calling her thursday night. She didn't return my call, and Friday she wouldn't go somewhere with me to talk. Friday was her birthday, so i gave her a card and we talked for a few minutes after school. She had a volleyball tourney this weekend, and so I told her I would see her Monday. When I went to my work for a lunch break today from Manager Training, one of my managers pulled me aside and told me she needed to talk with me. She told me, "You have got to dump that girl you're going to Homecoming with." I asked her why, and she said, "It turns out that whole Alaska thing was a lie. She's planning on going to the dance with some other guy. I suggest you blow you off before she does it to you." I asked her who told her all of this, and it turns out it was my friend Katy, who happened to be sitting at a table with Hallie in a class where she was talking to another kid about her plans. I tried calling Katy tonight to see what all Hallie was saying, but she wasn't home. RIght now, I'm planning on calling Hal tomorrow and telling her that if she really wants to go to the dance with the other guy, go, cuz I'm sick of the games you're playing. If she says she really wants to go with me, we've got some more talking to do. If she says fine, I was thinking it would be funny to ask her what one of her friends is doing for the dance. I dunno. Girls like her aren't used to being dumped. It's usually the other way around. I think I'll try to salvage some dignity while i still have some... Post what you guys think, I have to give my buddy Sal a ride home from work, and I'll check the thread when I get home.

Jed
09-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Wow, after all that, and she's screwing around with ur mind.

Dump her like a bag of bricks. Betrayal is not something to be taken lightly. If she's pickin sum1 else over you, then it's obvious that she was boldly lying in ur face when u gave her the rose.

On the other hand, if ur friend Katy is lying, then this could make you sound like an ass. But since a friend's knowledge is usually right, I suggest going with what I said above.

Jed
09-29-2002, 01:01 PM
So ne update, ZePhyR?

ET Warrior
09-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Girls.....*sigh* They're all nuts! There's this girl Nicole who i've been attracted to for well over a year, and i've made it obvious from day one. The only problem is that she's dating a guy in college. And he's a real jerk, bad guy, not nice, cheats on her lots but she won't believe it. But the other day she asked me to go to our high schools homecoming dance.....which makes me confused, i figure she's probably just toying with me, so i'm not taking it seriously.......but....girls are strange....

Darth Groovy
09-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Shoot her in the head, burn the body and toast marshmellows. In the end you will feel better, morally and mentally! :D

Taos
09-29-2002, 01:52 PM
*shakes head*

Guys, I can't believe some of the difficulties you are going through. I know you guys will make it through, just takes some time. Somebody was saying something about confidence......

That's a very important thing for you to show to females, whether you just ended you relationship (show her you don't need her) or whether you are trying to get together with her (show her there is nobody better for her than you).

*reaches for the bottle of Absolut*

Jed
09-29-2002, 02:34 PM
So you've become one of those ppl that doesn't do what they preach? Oh yes, join the club.

*gives a bottle of absolut to Leemu Taos*

There's more where that came from.

*Jedi220 gets off his soap box, but it appears that he was standing on a crate of absolut*

BTW, ne1 wanna hear my love problems? I have a long story as well, sure to entertain :D

Taos
09-30-2002, 01:04 AM
Were you talking to me Jedi 220? :confused: I certainly do what I preach.......

Thanks for passin' me the bottle. :D If you were standing on a whole crate of it....don't hesitate to pass some bottles around to those in need.....

As far as you love problems, that's what this thread is about. If you want to....tell the story.

Btw...cool avatar!! ;)

Ratmjedi
09-30-2002, 01:42 AM
All I can say is that I am really happy right now. I just found out that I girl that I like who I never thought liked me likes me. I'm not talking about the girl I spilled the beans too. This is a very big surprise but I like it. The only thing that sucks is that I live in California and that she lives in Winsconsin. But I am just happy right now. I could jump out the window and fly over there twords her! 3heart

Taos
09-30-2002, 01:54 AM
Hey, that's great to hear!! Cal & Wis......that's a little to far apart for my long distance relationship taste though!! ;)

Ratmjedi
09-30-2002, 01:58 AM
Well the farthest long distance relationship of mine was 3 hours away. We are not going out yet and we don't intend to I think. We really do like each other and I just hope we meet soon. Then we will go out. :D

Darklighter
09-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Okay I know this is a pretty useless situation to talk about, but it is a pretty real one...okay, here goes...

Well after starting school a few weeks back, I've kinda met and got to know this one girl...she's really amazing, you know those rare ones that have the looks, personality...perfect really...I've seen her about school for a few years, but it's only now (after most of the year left school after exams) that we got to know each other...we get on really well, I always hang out with her in drama, english and general studies classes...I like her a lot, and I think she likes me a lot too...but I think you can tell this isn't going anywhere good...a week ago I was talking to her friends, and found out she's got a b/f...but what's more I've heard they've been havin troubles, but are still together...dammit I just feel so helpless...there's nothing I can do huh?:(...

BlindReaper
09-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Guardian Omega
He's already suceeded in his task, Jedi Spy. Heheheh, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that stuff in 8th grade and I'm not planning to get a date, there's things better than that in my opinion. But from what I can tell, you people are giving good advice. In case I change my mind, I'll come here!:D

what do you mean you don't have to deall with that in 8th grade...OF COURSE YOU DO!!!! I've had to deal with it ever since i started skating (4th grade), man you really should keep up with the times. j/k you should be happy you don't have to deal with it man it's a real work out some times

BlindReaper
09-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Okay I know this is a pretty useless situation to talk about, but it is a pretty real one...okay, here goes...

Well after starting school a few weeks back, I've kinda met and got to know this one girl...she's really amazing, you know those rare ones that have the looks, personality...perfect really...I've seen her about school for a few years, but it's only now (after most of the year left school after exams) that we got to know each other...we get on really well, I always hang out with her in drama, english and general studies classes...I like her a lot, and I think she likes me a lot too...but I think you can tell this isn't going anywhere good...a week ago I was talking to her friends, and found out she's got a b/f...but what's more I've heard they've been havin troubles, but are still together...dammit I just feel so helpless...there's nothing I can do huh?:(...
yeah there is something you can do but i don't recomend it...The other option is you wait till they break up (if they do) and think about it then or you could just ask her out and pretend you didn't know and see what happens

Agen
09-30-2002, 04:47 PM
click back to page one and take some spoonish advice. :)

Jed
09-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Darky, the worst thing you can do is try to "speed up" the breakup. It's eventual, but you should have nothing to do with it. If it ever comes back at you, like if she finds out, then she'll hate you with a passion.

Ratmjedi, long distance relationships will work if you want them to, keep that in mind if you get weary about "The Cal-Wis" thing.

Leemu Taos, I was talking to you, but I thought with the bottle of Absolut you were implying that you don't show confidence. My mistake, hope there's no hard feelings.

And I also wanted to make sure I wasn't stealing ZePhyR's thread.

So here it goes.....*sigh*

Let's set the scene....approx 1 year ago in an upstairs English class room, beginning of the year.

Ok, i'll cut the corny ****....

A girl that sits in front of me doesn't strike my eye until a few days later, and I find her witty, shy, and cute....probably just what I look for in some1.

Fast forward a few months.

Upon his trustability, I tell my best friend. He promises not to say a word to ne1. I believe him, but in the end he's the main cause for what happens.

Fast forward a few more months.

After school, when nobody I know is around except her, it's pretty apparent that I was flirting with her. There is much fun, laughter, and kabitzing.

1 week later, I find out I was caught. Someone had saw that I was flirting with her, and what made it worse was that it was one of her friends.....bad move. I didn't want to ask her out yet, just sorta soften her up to me. But when someone else knows who you like in my high school, it spreads like smallpox.

Fast forward to about June, the day before my school gets out.

One of my friends conspire with his girlfriend and tell the girl I like.

*Ouch*

And of course, the big laugh was that every1 knew that she used to like me....except me.

The summer passes, everyone forgets about it, including her, but I still do like her. But I can't even look her in the face....so....

I turn to my second family....The Swampies.

Taos
09-30-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Jedi220

Leemu Taos, I was talking to you, but I thought with the bottle of Absolut you were implying that you don't show confidence. My mistake, hope there's no hard feelings.

Hey, no problem! ;) I was simply "suggesting" an activity that I would do to pass a little bit of time away from school and that whole atmosphere, that's all. I was more referring to showing confidence around his/her friends and everyone while at school.

The summer passes, everyone forgets about it, including her, but I still do like her. But I can't even look her in the face....so....

Well Jedi 220, you know one thing is for sure......we'll never turn you down!!!!!:D

Ratmjedi
09-30-2002, 11:22 PM
I know that long distance relationships can last if you want them to. I made my last one last but I guess the other girl didn't want to. But I'm happy now and hope that this relationship lasts.
You guys are my family online here. You guys get to hear it first and know it all. I would just like to give you all a bucket of :maize: for being there and a :cheers: for you older guys! :D :wavey:

Taos
09-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Hey, I'll take the :guiness:!! Thanks RatmJedi, you're a good man!!!:)

I hope that it lasts too!!;) (meaning your relationship, not the drink:D )

Ratmjedi
09-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Thanks man! I think I'll have a :guiness: now! Hehehehehehehehehe! :D

ZePhyR
10-01-2002, 02:16 AM
Just a little update on my situation...

Well, I did end up talking to Katy the other night like I said I would. She told me that someone else asked Hallie to the dance, and she said no, and that she already said yes to someone, even though she doesn't really want to go with him. And that she made up the alaska thing to get out of going on the date. Needless to say, this upset me a little bit. Ever since I asked her, I felt as if I had been led on, treated like crap, and she even planned to ditch me in the end. Maybe I was leading myself on a bit too.

Sunday night, I called her from work and asked her if it was true that she made up the Alaska thing so she could get out of the date. It caught her way off guard, and the only thing she could ask was who told me that. I told her that I had heard it from a few people. I told her that if she really wanted to go to the dance with someone else, to go, cuz i was tired of the games we were playing. I can't really remember all of what I said, I just remember that I admitted to her that i liked her a lot, she said she didn't want to say no becuz she didn't want to hurt me. Most of the time I was on the phone with her, we didn't talk, we just sat there. She said she was sorry, I told her maybe we could talk at school tomorrow, and hung up.

I missed my first class with her today cuz i was ordering senior pictures (which came to $809 i might add). I came half-way through my second period, then went out to lunch with some friends. I was trying not to show that I was hurt, and by this point, it wasn't really bugging me anyway. I had gotten used to the thought already. She tried to act normal around me, but things still didn't seem right. And apparently I was being mean to her. We kind of started to argue in class, so we decided to leave the room and talk at a table in the hall way.

I told her I felt played and betrayed, and we argued about that for a few minutes. I don't really feel like sharing all the juicy details, but after arguing for a minute, we just talked about everything. Basically, she isn't ready for a relationship yet. She just wants to enjoy being single for a while. She doesn't think she'll be going to the dance at all. She apologized for everything, we talked about things for another few minutes until class was over, and decided that we can definitely still be friends. We hugged, and that was that.

She told my brother that I hate her after that class, but that's not true either. I still like her a lot, but friends is all we are going to be for now, and that's fine with me. Who knows what could happen a few months down the road?

Right now, I need to focus on other things: School, work, getting out of getting plastered this weekend with some friends, and other girls ;) . I'm glad this thread is still alive. Keep posting guys. :D

Ratmjedi
10-01-2002, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear what happened with you and that girl. I was in a bit of a rut awhile back and just felt like things were getting very confusing and complicated. I had 4 girls in my life.

Brionna which was my first love and that I had broken up with to be with Dania. I basicaly broke her heart and was on the biggest guilt trip ever.

Then there was Dania who I left Brionna for. We had a good relationship untill she decided to that she wasn't sure that she would be able to stay faithfull to me. Then we broke up for a weak and got back together a week later. She was also my first long distance relationship since she lived 4 hours away.

Then there was Jess who I told you guys that I spilled the beans about telling her my feelings for her. I had known her for a year and had a crush on. I told her but she didn't know whether she had feelings for me. I was very frustrated because I wanted to know whether she had feelings for me. She played a lot of mind games and I just got tired of playing her games and leading myself on.

Then there is Laura who I am currently not seeing but we want to go out as soon as I get to meet her when I go to Winsconsin. We talk a lot and I think that we will last and eventually go out when the time comes.

The sucky thing is that Brionna and Dania want to be good friends with me and we all know that it is very hard for ex's to be good friends after the relationship has ended. Thing's are going to be hard but hopefully things will work out in the end for the better.

All I know is that me and Laura are very happy now! :D

I hope that thing's will get better for you ZePhyR and for everyone else who is having problems. You guy's heard me when me and Dania broke up so I know thing's will get better eventually in the long run. Me and Laura had no clue about our attraction to one another but we were right under each other's nose and didn't even know it.

Jed
10-01-2002, 03:23 PM
We hugged, and that was that.

Wow, turned out better than I thought. It's probably for the best it turned out that way, and now you can focus on other things now that u know that u've gotten that off ur chest.

ZePhyR
10-01-2002, 07:04 PM
Wow, I'm starting to really like this forum. Everybody that I've been talking to at school has been telling me that its her loss, not mine. I'm also noticing other girls eyeing me now. Hmm, this publicity might not have been all that bad afterall. I still like Hallie a lot, but I feel like I can hold my feelings for her at bay now that we've had that talk. We were getting along really well today, too. Kind of like how things were before it got all messy. Ah yes... Yahoo Pool time.

Cheers. :guiness:

Jed
10-01-2002, 09:26 PM
I'll drink to a happy ending :guiness:

BTW, sum1 remember my post? Ya, I did come for advice :D

Taos
10-02-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi

All I know is that me and Laura are very happy now! :D

That's great to hear!! I hope things work out for you man!!:cool:

:cheers:

Ratmjedi
10-02-2002, 01:57 AM
Thanks man. I know thing's will turn out good cause I really want to be with her and so does she. I just can't wait to go see her. :)

Taos
10-02-2002, 02:02 AM
Is that gonna be sometime soon or what??

Ratmjedi
10-02-2002, 02:28 AM
I'm probally going to go see her after I graduate and before I leave for Boot Camp. I graduate in May and I wont leave to Boot Camp until September. I also plan on seeing her after I get out of Boot Camp In November and December. She is a Junior right now and I'm a Senior. She also plans to join the Air Force while I plan to join the Marine Corp. So hopefully I will try to see her in May.

Jed
10-02-2002, 05:44 PM
BTW, sum1 remember my post? Ya, I did come for advice :D

Hello? Ne1?

XERXES
10-02-2002, 05:45 PM
i posted some general advice in a thread called "Girls!!!"

Jed
10-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Thanx XERXES.

I was wonderin if ne1 would give more "specific" help...

Jed
10-04-2002, 09:25 PM
hello?

Jed
10-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Never mind...

Weapon X
10-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Wow, I'm starting to really like this forum. Everybody that I've been talking to at school has been telling me that its her loss, not mine. I'm also noticing other girls eyeing me now. Hmm, this publicity might not have been all that bad afterall. I still like Hallie a lot, but I feel like I can hold my feelings for her at bay now that we've had that talk. We were getting along really well today, too. Kind of like how things were before it got all messy. Ah yes... Yahoo Pool time.

Cheers. :guiness:

yeah, that kinda happened to me, i liked this girl and she "liked me too" but she kept playin mind games and it made me frustrated so i said "**** it" and moved on, this other girl i know kept tellin me i was a great guy and it was her loss and all that good stuff, but we had agreed to not go out cuz our friendship means too much to lose, i've had a g/f for the past 3 weeks and it's great, she wrote me a note jokin around at how nasty i was (she made sure i knew it was a joke) and told me i was too sexy for her to even think nasty, that made me feel real good, and to top it off she's stayin w/the next door neighbor tonight and we're goin to the homecoming dance after i get off work, hopefully the night will be eventful, but i also have another problem, there are about 3-4 other girls who like me and two that hate me (the two are my g/f's best friends) and her foster mom is trying to make her mormon, it's an akward relationship and i'm surprised it's lasted this long, oh well, i guess that means i'm gonna be with her for a long time :D:D

XERXES
10-05-2002, 03:27 PM
So here it goes.....*sigh*

Let's set the scene....approx 1 year ago in an upstairs English class room, beginning of the year.

Ok, i'll cut the corny ****....

A girl that sits in front of me doesn't strike my eye until a few days later, and I find her witty, shy, and cute....probably just what I look for in some1.

Fast forward a few months.

Upon his trustability, I tell my best friend. He promises not to say a word to ne1. I believe him, but in the end he's the main cause for what happens.

Fast forward a few more months.

After school, when nobody I know is around except her, it's pretty apparent that I was flirting with her. There is much fun, laughter, and kabitzing.

1 week later, I find out I was caught. Someone had saw that I was flirting with her, and what made it worse was that it was one of her friends.....bad move. I didn't want to ask her out yet, just sorta soften her up to me. But when someone else knows who you like in my high school, it spreads like smallpox.

Fast forward to about June, the day before my school gets out.

One of my friends conspire with his girlfriend and tell the girl I like.

*Ouch*

And of course, the big laugh was that every1 knew that she used to like me....except me.

there isnt really a question in here, im assuming you want to know what you should do now. Or would you like to know what you should have done?

Ratmjedi
10-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Something just happened real bad.

I was at the Parade for Rotc today and after the parade I decided to call Laura since we're going out now. The I got her mom and we started talking but the reception broke up. Then I called back and her mom asked how old I was. I said 17 because that's how old I am. Then she said that if I knew I was talking to a 16 year old girl. I said yes and then her mom said not anymore and then hung up on me. I was very confused because of this. Then I just got home and Laura sent me a email telling me what was going on? She said that her mom said I was 33 and that I may not be ever to talk to her again. I guess her mom misunderstood what I said because I was on a cell phone. I am so sad right now.:( :crybaby: I hope that her parents believe me. I just emailed her back and I hope she reads it. I'm so sad because our entire relationship might just end because of this. I just feel so sad right now. :(

Sivy
10-05-2002, 07:40 PM
don't fear, i'm sure it will get sorted out

Jed
10-05-2002, 08:06 PM

there isnt really a question in here, im assuming you want to know what you should do now. Or would you like to know what you should have done?

Both of those would be nice.

XERXES
10-05-2002, 10:09 PM

Both of those would be nice.
ok first of all....over this very ver long period of time you should have done something. It seems to me you already blew it ( i know thats harsh, but listen up) You say you heard that she was interested in you for some time. The reason it isnt like that now is because you never did anything. You should have asked for her number, done some things with her instead of just talk to her in english if you even did. Basically you should have gotten her # taken her out that kinda stuff.

Im not very sure what you can do now, considering you havent done anything yet. And you said she isnt interested anymore in you its because you aparently havent done anything yet. And she is guessing you dont know what to do or just dont like her. You should have acted. Then you would have at least known weather something could have come out of it.

But check this out, I stated this in my advice part. When a girl talks to you, acts funny is having a good time, thats awesome. But it doesnt necessarily mean she likes you. I mean, you shouldnt fall for every girl you meet that is talkitive and a lot of girls are just flirty to everybody.

I met a girl at a party last night, she was real nice and very talkitive. But I didnt act on it cause she was just being friendly and she was not giving me hints or signals that could lead in an intimate direction. I talked to her, it was cool. Thats it.

Ratmjedi
10-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Well basically I am sending a copy of my birth certifacate and my Social Security Number to her parents so that the believe me. I am also going to have my Sgt. call her Chief from AFJROTC. She is in JROTC too and hopefully this will convince her parent's that I am not lying to them. I love her very much and she loves me very much too. We're both sad and hope that this gets resolved very soon. This just sucks very much but I hope that this shows her parent's that I do truly care about her. I'm sad and feel like *hit but I hope this gets sraightned out very soon. Those of you guy's that are religious here please pray for me and her and so that this gets fixed. Me and her are very much in Love and hope that this doesen't screw up what relationship we have and could of had. Thanks guys I'll keep you guys updated. Godspeed.

Sivy
10-05-2002, 10:25 PM
a good relationship doesn't get broken up by a little mis-understanding like that.
it will be fine, i'm sure of it

Ratmjedi
10-05-2002, 10:37 PM
I know. It's just that her parents think I am lying about my age. She told me that her dad even planned to threaten me to leave her alone because I'm supposedly 33. I called her and luckily straightned things out between me and her but her parent's are a diffrent story. They dont even want us to communicate cause I'm 33 supposedly. They don't even believe her. I just hope that they believe our Sgt.'s and that me and her can continue with our relationship. I love her more than words could ever describe. I just want this whole ordeal to be over with. :(

Jed
10-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Well, that advice was ok, but it's already settled.

With the advice given to me by my best friend...I talked to her. I started to chicken out, but I was my friend threatened to beat the **** out of me....and he's one big guy.

So, I talked to her. Sorta like a "hey, haven't seen ya in a while, how's it goin" convo. She brought the situation up, and the dreaded "do u still like me" question occured. I replied truthfully, and it looks like she still likes me too. BUT we both agreed we're not ready to go out with each other. Looks like everything turned out for the best.

Ratmjedi, ur situation...urgh, i'd want to kill the parents. Godspeed, buddy.

ZePhyR
10-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Nice Jedi... If I'm in the position to give advice, I'd say feel it out for a while, get comfortable with her again, then ask her out. Ratm... man, that really sucks. Is this a relationship over the internet, where you can't meet her parents in person? IF so, I dunno what to tell you. If its close, try talking to her parents over the phone or something and say you'd like to meet them in person.

Now, just for an update on my "love life" again, here goes...

After Hallie and I had our phone conversation a week ago last Sunday, I told my friends they could get me drunk this weekend, and so they did. Once we were all beyond wasted and I was past the point of rememberance, they called her at 11:30 at night. I think she might've been out of town that night for volleyball, and I didn't find out about this until I talked to her at school today. I said that I thought my friends might've called her friday night, becuz her number was in the recently called list on my cell phone saturday morning.

She said that yeah, they called, and left a long message at 11:30 at night. She could tell they were drunk by the way they sounded. He said something like, "Hey, my names Cole, and I'm calling for Dan." I'm not sure what else he said on the main message, but she said that it sounded like he thought he hung up, then shouted, "Hey Dan, where's my beer?" She said she thought she heard me slur in the background "I dunno." Anywhoo, her parents heard the message, and asked her if she knew I "was like that." She said no, and they told her they didn't think it was a good idea that she hang out with or go out with me. Damn.

I told her I wanted to call her parents and apologize, but she said no, it wasn't a big deal. :confused: She's also told me I make too big of a deal out of things. Wierd.

What do you guys think?

Ratmjedi
10-08-2002, 01:51 AM
Things are getting better now. Yesterday me and Laura talked and planned what we were going to do. Then I decided to call her house and to talk to her parent's. I called and Laura talked for a little bit just telling each other what we felt because we didn't know what was going to happen. She then went talked to her dad and there was a long moment of silence. He then got on the phone and told me this. "So you want to prove to me that you're not 33? I want you're parent's to call me and tell me themselves and I also want them to tell me how a 3,000 mile relationship is going to work". The I got to talk to Laura and we told each other that everything was going to be ok and that we we're going to make it. Then we hung up.

I was so mad after this so I decided to just watch a movie and calm down. I later then got on the Internet and saw that she was on-line. I sent a few messages and no one awnsered. Then I just decided to write a email.

Then today I sent the letter to her parent's proving that I was 17 and not 33. Then I talked to my Sgt. and told him what was going on. He supported me and is going to talk to her Chief later this week. Then when I got home I saw that I had gotten emails from her. I also noticed that she was online. Her sister was typing for us because she is not allowed to use the Computer or the phone.We got to talk for a little bit because she had to leave for a meeting at school. I then talked to her sister and told me what was going on. She told me that she had talked to her mom and told her that me and Laura were in love and that is was messed up what they were doing to us. She then said that we were allowed to send each other letters and that I should send pictures so that they can get to know me better.This is just a step twords something better. I also got emails from her because her dad is taking away her hotmail account but she has a yahoo account that he doesn't know about. She also got one of her friends to send me a email that Laura had to told her to send for her. It's pretty cool that her friends are supporting us. She then called me and we got to talk to her for about 30-40 minutes before the phone card died. She had her sister bring the phone downstairs to the basement so that we could talk.

Me and her are so happy now. We never thought that thing's would be this good after what happened yesterday. We know that it isn't exactly the best way but we are at least going to be able to communcate. Her friend is also going to let her use her cell phone during the weekend since she gets free weekends. We are so happy know and know that thing's are going to get way much better. :D

We are really in 3heart because ordinary couples don't this. I know that we want this relationship to last because of all the thing's we've done so far.

I want to thank all of you guy's who supported me and told me that everything was going to turn out ok. I hope you guy's never have to go through this and if you do go through this know that it can actually turn out ok like mine and Laura's did.

Good luck Jedi220 and I hope that thing's turn out ok with you and that girl. :D

Taos
10-08-2002, 02:35 AM
That's kind of a bummer man about her dad......what made him think you were 33??? I glade that you two will be able to communicate with each other. There's one thing I know about relationships and that is: communication is EXTREMELY important, always be sure to let her know what you are feeling so you can discuss it. You just go from there........;)

*gets of advice box*

*gets into bed, tired I am, must sleep*

*realizes he's @ the swamp...........INSOMNIA!!!!!!!!!!*

:lol:

Tyrion
10-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Well er..before I left school..one of the girls I liked punched me playfully and softly on the soldier..dunno what that means though..*shrugs*

Darth Groovy
10-08-2002, 04:43 AM
It means she wants your lunch money. :D

XERXES
10-08-2002, 05:47 PM
anybody ever gone up to a girl and said "HEY! YOU THERE!" etc etc...:rofl:

Jed
10-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Well, I'm glad everything's workin out Ratmjedi. It seems as tho u two are two lovebirds....

Tyrion, that means nothing. :D

And in my case, we're really gettin back the way were used to be. It's quite fun, and I'm not sure if I'll pursue a deeper relationship with her netime in the near future.

Good love for you all!

Ratmjedi
10-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Well I just thought that I would tell you what is going on between me and Laura. Everything seems to look good so far. She talked to her dad and he said that when I go to Wisconsin that I don't need to get a hotel cause I can sleep on there couch. Me and her have also planned what we are going to do when I go over there and what we are going to do when she comes to California. I even got a email from her mom and they think that I am a nice and intelligient young man from the way I wrote the letter. Her dad even lent her his cellphone to call me and me and her dad are already makling fun of each other and saying smart a$$ remarks. I think that I am getting along with her parent's and that thing's are just going to get better and better. My Sgt. is also happy that everything is going ok. I would never of thought that it would of gotten so good. I found this thread on the 6th page and I thought it was time to revive it and give it a little fresh air. Just letting you guy's know what is going on.

Taos
10-23-2002, 12:21 AM
This update is definitely worthy of thread revival!! I happy to hear the news Ratm!!!! Good for you man! :p

gorganfloss
10-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Congrats Ratm!:thumbsup:

Ratmjedi
10-23-2002, 01:28 AM
You guy's are going to make me cry!:smilehug: :ball:

I just wish I was in Wisconsin. But I know we'll be together soon. :D

Thanks guy's for all your support! :)

ZePhyR
10-27-2002, 03:12 AM
Any other updates guys? Or new problems that could use advice? Girls are so much trouble, I've decided. That doesn't mean I'm giving up though. Hallie and I are getting along fine now. We're not going out, and probably never will, but we're friends again. Probably better friends than before, but we bicker a lot now. Funny bickering though. Tonight was supposed to be the night of the dance. I didn't go, but she ended up going with a frickin sophomore. I hope it went terribly for her. :D Let's keeper alive.

Taos
10-27-2002, 03:25 AM
I don't have any major problems with my gf besides the fact that she lives in Idaho now and I still live in Washington state. :(

However, plans are in motion to change that........as much as the idea of moving to Idaho of all places concerns me, I just want to be with her and that's all that matters. Am I right? I think I am! :D

Ratmjedi
10-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Yah I think that's right.
If I could move to Wisconsin I would do it in a heartbeat and I would give up all what I have here just to be with her there.:(

Jed
10-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Well, I know what you mean, but don't give up everything...

*points at computer and modem*

We need to communicate with ya, remember that. I'm so glad everything has worked out for you.

Heres an update on my situation....

Things have taken a turn for the worse. I made my move....declined. It looks like she's found another interest...some tall football player.....someone I can't even begin to compete with.....

So I'm giving up.

She hasn't said a word to me in weeks, and I've tried to communicate. Looks like I've been aced out of my spot...and I'm incredibly depressed about that. But, it looks like I need to move on.

Any one having any tips on doing this?

Taos
10-27-2002, 07:15 PM
When you need to "move on......"

I've always found it best when I try to hang out with ppl in different grade levels...

Also, the biggest one......get involved in your school. I don't know what grade you are in but join the spanish club or any club for that matter......don't forget about sports, pe classes. Try a different elective class that you have never taken before.....these are all great ways (IMO) to meet new ppl. Best of luck 220! :D ;)

Pedantic
10-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Ewww...I don't like hanging out with other grade levels...especially freshmen...man they get annoying...;) :D

Taos
10-27-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Pedantic
Ewww...I don't like hanging out with other grade levels...especially freshmen...man they get annoying...;) :D

Man, just wait 'til you get into college (if you are going) that will change very quick....;) It sure did for me! :naughty:

:rofl:

Jed
10-27-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey, you were once a freshman....

Thanx for the advice Leemu. You've always been a great guy, and I respect you, so I will follow your advice.

I've been able to hang out with a few ppl above me (juniors), so I'll try to develop on that.

Any other advice?

Pedantic
10-27-2002, 09:02 PM
Hey, you were once a freshman....

I know...and I didn't realize then just how annoying I was. ;) :D

Jed
10-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Good point....

I sorta didn't look at it that way...:D

ZePhyR
10-28-2002, 01:45 AM
Ha, nobody realizes just how annoying freshman are until they become sophomores. The whole "moving on" thing is tough. But i've found that just spending time with your friends and trying to meet new people helps.

ZePhyR
11-23-2002, 06:08 PM
so... any updates?

Ratmjedi
11-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Me and Laura still happy. :D :D :D :D 3heart

Darklighter
11-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Well, me and my girlfriend are getting on really well. Like really well. A little too well maybe. As I said, it's one of those really special situations, where you've been friends for a long time, and only just get to realise how amazing each other are lol. Well, we were talking about things to come and whatnot (lol). All my friends say we're gonna last forever we're such a good match:Dlol

Jed
11-23-2002, 08:37 PM
I'm glad to see everything seems to be working out for you guys. Godspeed dudes. ;)

Me....

Well, I've gotten over the girl I liked....but now, I sadly realize I'm alone for who knows how long. *looks at a calendar for 2092*

Yes, I know what you're probably thinking. I'll be dead by then.

My point exactly :D

Well, I want nobody going "don't feel bad" and such, cuz it's bull. I don't feel bad for myself, but I know that nobody is going to ever take a liking to me, due to me being oger-like and having a lot of baggage (as a few swampies know what I mean ;) ).

But in any event, please continue with the good news people. :D

Darklighter
11-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Well, I want nobody going "don't feel bad" and such, cuz it's bull. I don't feel bad for myself, but I know that nobody is going to ever take a liking to me, due to me being oger-like and having a lot of baggage (as a few swampies know what I mean ;) ).

But in any event, please continue with the good news people. :D

Well, first I'm sorry to hear it...secondly I'm not gonna pity you, cos there's obviously no need lol, but I just wanna say that I thought I was as ugly as Shrek (lol:() until I met my g/f...and she told me I was too godamn sexy:eek:...probably shouldn't have told you that lol...

I'm just saying, there will be someone who is bound to like you sooner or later...I mean I have never really been out with anyone before, and I'm 16 and in my first serious relationship...so it will happen...don't get desperate, just take it all in your stride;)lol

Jed
11-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Well, have you ever had someone tell you that they'd rather have a baby with a goat?

Case closed.

I'm not even kidding BTW.

legameboy
11-23-2002, 09:53 PM
When you tell her that you like her make sure:
1.You drink 5 glasses of water so your throat won't go dry.
2. Blurt it out nicely.
3. Make sure you do it under a tree.
4. 3 weeks before you ask her, star giving hints that you like her.
5. Make sure your looking at her.
P.S. Does it affend your girlfriend if you grab her bewbies?

ZePhyR
11-24-2002, 05:35 AM
I'm over this girl that I previously liked. I like another girl now, Charlene. Damn, I've been working with her since August, and I didn't really take notice of her until one morning when I was hung over really bad. I put my head down on a table, and I looked up at her, and I thought: Hey, she's pretty hot. Shortly after, I got her number, and we've been text messaging each other a lot like every day since then. She's kind of shy, so I've just been taking my time trying to get to know her better whenever I work with her or see her at school, or over the phone or online sometimes. More and more, i started to like her. Well, like 3 weeks ago when 8 mile started, some friends and I were going to go and I asked her if she wanted to go with us. She had other plans, but we kept sending text messages back and forth that night until my friends starting playing with my phone while we were at the bowling alley. They sent her something like "Hey baby, what's up?" She said she was watching some movies with her friend Shawn and were gonna go to sleep soon. They sent a few back and forth, when she said she was going to bed with Shawn. My friend cole sent one back that said, "Who? Are you a ho?" She said no, its not like were having sex and she was turning her phone off then. Then he said, "You should get with Dan (that's me)." That was it for that night. The next morning, I got one from her asking if i knew what they said to her. I said no, Cole had cleared my outbox. She said that they called her a ho and said that she should get with me. I said, I'm sorry they said that, you're not a ho, but i have to agree with part of what they said. She said why, do you like me? I told her that I did. She only said hmmm and changed the subject. Talk about discouraging. Anywho, we've been talking like normal ever since then, but last night I asked her if she wanted to hang out with me and some friends. She said sure. She asked who i was with and I told her Cole and Cody, and she said okay. I told her what we were planning on doing and that I would call her back later. I called her when were out by where she was, and she gave us directions the rest of the way. Things were somewhat quiet on the way into town, but we talked most of the way. When we got to the pool place, we had to wait for a table to come up. We all started talking a little more, and things loosened up a bit. she wasn't much of a pool player, so she cheated some. This got them a little mad, cuz they actually wanted to play. Her and I somehow started using the tips of the sticks to get chalk on each other. She poked at Cody and Cole a little bit too, which what was kind of discouraging. The last game though, her and I didn't play. She grabbed the big white things (I'm not sure what they're called, its like a big white chalk thing though to help grip.) Her and I played with this and got really touchy feely with each other. If she wouldn't have flirted with my friends a little bit, I might be convinced that she likes me, but I can't be sure. This morning, Cole told me that if I dont make a move, he was going to. I don't think he really would, he's just trying to get me to actually do something. He just wants me to grow a pair. I didn't talk to her today cuz she was out of town, but I really like this girl. Megan, a girl from work told me that I should get her a rose and ask her out. Should I take a chance? Hmm, what do you guys think?

PS I know this is kind of lame to post this info on a forum, but hey, I've done it before, so I don't really care.

Ratmjedi
11-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Don't worry about the posting personl stuff man. We've got balls and aren't afraid of what people think man. You notice how it is a few of us that post stuff like that?

As to what you said. I think you should take the chance. She did flirt with you but I doubt that she has intrest's in your friends. They called her a ho man. I don't think that she like that so she would be out of her mind to like your friends. Go for it man. You like her and obviously you want to be with her. There's always a risk man but you never know what can happen.

God speed man :thumbsup:

Jed
11-24-2002, 07:17 PM
Go for it dude.

It's better to do something, have it turn out horribly wrong, and know it, than to not do it, and wonder for endless amounts of time.

Try it, it can't hurt. :D

Good luck buddy.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Here's what I know about treating a woman right:

Always give roses..no matter what else you give her, include a side order of roses. Tell her you love her as much as possible NEVER forget your anniversary, her birthday, or Valentines day. When you kiss her, make sure she enjoys it as much as you;) If she tells you to call her, you better ****ing do it..for your own good. Always make out with your eyes closed Always be honest with her Trust her Don't be jealous of her guy friends Always keep her close Arguments can be good for the relationship Unless she asks you, do NOT EVER talk about your ex Don't always think about sex, if you're patient...when you do it, it wil be memorable and more enjoyable. Kind of like the payoff for your wait.

Thats the main stuff..for more info, just wait for me to release my book: The Art of Loving

Soon to be released...:D

legameboy
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
good advice, good advice, btw can sum1 answer my question thats above zephys question?

Ratmjedi
11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Well it depends on the girl. Some girls like it when you do it other don't. What is your girlfriend like? Does she like to be held and likes it when you touch her or does she not like it when she's touched. Also is she very uptight about sexually stuff. We need info buddy.

Break_dF
11-24-2002, 08:56 PM
wow, I can't believe I read that entire thread...

My main suggestion to all of you is: DON'T BE OPINIONATED! That has really screwed my chances w/ several girls. I've been single for a while b/c I can't help but open my mouth... I seem to be good at making girls cry though. I swear to God, I don't try, it just kinda happens.

To answer your question: If your g/f is on paxil, yes, grab her breasts. If not, still grab her breasts. The whole breast grabbing scenario should be after the kissing etc but before anything else...right?... You can't fight precedent.

Weapon X
11-24-2002, 11:18 PM
ok, i've been w/my g/f for about 2 months now, and although i like her a LOT may even be in love with her, she's confusing, sometimes when i'm with her she acts as though she doesn't even care about me or our relationship, but then when i talk to her about it she tells me that she loves me and really wants it to work, and that confuses me cuz i don't know whether she's playing it tough or what, cuz she also told me about her and a friend who went underwear shopping then she asked me "do you like thongs?" "well if not, then too bad" then in another note she was tellin me about this pair of underwear her friend got but then said "ok, you don't need to know any more of hers, and if you wanna know anything about mine, then you gotta find out for yourself, and it can't be when we go get drunk together" basically, she wants me to get into her pants (right?) and then she also told me that she's prude, what do i do? i'm really confused

ZePhyR
11-25-2002, 03:34 AM
ep2, i wish i knew what to tell you, but seriously, i don't understand women. I know one thing for sure, a lot of girls like to play games. I talked to charlene on the phone during break tonight at work, and for 2 hours tonight online afterwards. I told her plain as day at the beginning of the conversation that I care for her, which is like the second time.

me (9:29:39 PM): i've had the same sn since 1999
her (9:29:50 PM): lol
her (9:29:54 PM): that is sad
me (9:29:59 PM): ya
me (9:30:07 PM): maybe its time i make a new one
me (9:30:12 PM): or not. i dont really care too much
her (9:30:32 PM): lol
her (9:30:44 PM): u dont seem to care much about anything
me (9:30:52 PM): oh, i care for certain things
her (9:31:03 PM): yeah like what
me (9:31:44 PM): ooh, the setup: you. 8-)
her (9:31:52 PM): lol
her (9:32:05 PM): yeh i am sure
me (9:32:28 PM): ya
me (9:33:13 PM): now theres the awkward silece
her (9:33:13 PM): haha so what r u doing right now

we talked for a long while after that. She didnt say anything really about me liking her, but she kept talking to me, so thats a good sign right? My friends told me that I have to get a date with her by friday or else i owe each of them 5 bucks. If i ask her out, they'll each give me 5 bucks. It's sad that they made it a bet and that I'm pressured like this, but I guess I can't keep putting this off.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-25-2002, 01:40 PM
concerning the question about grabbing their tits...I just wanna say that unless shes a freak, most girls won't let you do it unless 1. You're alone
2. You're about to have sex

Anyone agree?

Darklighter
11-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Very, very good advice Darth Yoda. I'll keep all that in mind. I just started going out with a girl from school. She came round to mine last Friday, we made out for the first time...but before I got too damn nervous about doing it. It sounds stupid, but I did lol. But, afterwards, it was okay. It just kinda happened all of a sudden. Well, it was cool:)

Problem is we hardly get any time to talk, spend time with each other in school, and she lives really far away from me. Kinda sucks really. But hopefully I'll be going round hers Thursday. On Saturday I'm going up shopping with her to buy Xmas presents...and I haven't a clue what to get her!:(I need help guys...

C'jais
11-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Sorry to go off topic - but what does "make out", 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, 4th base etc mean?

I know it has nothing to do with going outside and baseball, instead it's something about sex and kissing, but which is what? :confused:

Darklighter
11-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Well the 'bases' confuse me. I don't know exactly which is which. Though I do know that making out is 'proper' (french) kissing lol

Pisces
11-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cjais
Sorry to go off topic - but what does "make out", 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, 4th base etc mean?

I know it has nothing to do with going outside and baseball, instead it's something about sex and kissing, but which is what? :confused:

Ahem, I suppose I'll try this one. I know the basics of them.

1st is just making out I believe
2nd is hands on anything above the waist
3rd is hands (or various other parts) on anything below the waist
4th (home) is sex.

There. Now let's never speak of this again. :D

Break_dF
11-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Yoinked :)

Pisces
11-25-2002, 09:57 PM
okay 2 was wrong, and 3 could've been more specific. So sue me. :D

Break_dF
11-25-2002, 10:05 PM
no problem my young, love-padawan...

*edit* Woah...that sounds completely homosexual...

ShockV1.89
11-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Yeah. Yeah, it does.

Ratmjedi
11-25-2002, 11:02 PM
I think that it was a fair explanation.
I understood it. :p

Break_dF
11-25-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Yeah. Yeah, it does.

I was kinda being sarcastic but yeah...yeah it was. Sorry...

ShockV1.89
11-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Break_dF

I was kinda being sarcastic but yeah...yeah it was. Sorry...

I was foolin with you. ;)

Break_dF
11-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89

I was foolin with you. ;)

I know, but still... *begins crying*

Is it not ok to be different?

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Yoinked :)

Ratmjedi
11-26-2002, 10:11 PM
I think Darth Yoda85 explained it better now. Thats what I have grown up beliving so it makes sense. There can't be any other explanation that is better unless someone can explain more thouroughly and graphically.

Break_dF
11-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Yoda85
Actually...here are the REAL bases....

1st base - Making out
2nd base - Touching Sexually
3rd Base - Having Oral Sex
Home - Having hardcore sex:D

Is that not what I typed?...

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Is that not what I typed?...

Basically, I just clarified:D

Jed
11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by NeoDios

Ahem, I suppose I'll try this one. I know the basics of them.

1st is just making out I believe
2nd is hands on anything above the waist
3rd is hands (or various other parts) on anything below the waist
4th (home) is sex.

There. Now let's never speak of this again. :D

That's what I've always known...

Maybe it's a regional thing...

Break_dF
11-26-2002, 10:38 PM

That's what I've always known...

Maybe it's a regional thing...

Regional thing? You live in West Virginia don't you?

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-26-2002, 10:45 PM
lol...its funny to see how this thread went from love to sex...:p

ZePhyR
11-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Ha. I got a date with Charlene tomorrow night. We're going to see 8 Crazy Nights.

Ratmjedi
11-27-2002, 01:51 AM
Finally something that brought us back on track.

Good for you ZePhyR. It should be a good movie for a date. I would personally take her to a scary movie so that way you would get more touchy feely and you learn a lot about someone like that by taking them to a scary movie. You see what kind of a person they are and how they behave.

ImmolatedYoda
11-27-2002, 01:55 AM
as i wise kid in two of my classes said about the bases: (edit- innapropriate)

Break_dF
11-27-2002, 02:00 AM
yoinked :)

ZePhyR
11-27-2002, 06:30 AM
I just wanted to see it cuz im a big fan of adam sandler. I didnt even think to look for a scary movie. I also already bought the tickets, so theres really no way for me to change plans now. The thing that kind of sucks is that its only a little over an hour long. Oh well.

And as for the four bases, here's to making it to at least first base tomorrow night. :kisses2: :cheers:

Break_dF
11-27-2002, 12:20 PM
I just wanted to see it cuz im a big fan of adam sandler. I didnt even think to look for a scary movie. I also already bought the tickets, so theres really no way for me to change plans now. The thing that kind of sucks is that its only a little over an hour long. Oh well.

And as for the four bases, here's to making it to at least first base tomorrow night. :kisses2: :cheers:

That's the animated movie right? GL on first, you may have to slide...

:heart3: :attack2:

ZePhyR
11-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Its a little over 2 hours til i'm going to go pick her up. I'm kind of nervous. any last second advice?

Dark Warrior
11-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Just be yourself:)

Pisces
11-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Don't screw it up! :D

j/k Just, well, yeah, someone beat me to it. Be yourself. Damn it.

Ratmjedi
11-27-2002, 11:34 PM
You better tell us how the date went or we are going to have to beat it out of you? :D

ZePhyR
11-28-2002, 04:08 AM
Ah, we never really connected, ya knowhatimean? We never ran out of stuff to talk about, but once the movie started, it didnt really seem like a date. We got out to the car and waited for it to warm up and drove around for a few minutes before i brought her home. i walked her up to her door, and all we did was hugged. :o Ahh well. Its late, i dunno what to think, im a little disappointed.

Darklighter
11-28-2002, 04:20 AM
No offence, but I wouldn't take a girl out to the cinema on a date. It's the same with a group of friends. You don't get a chance to talk or do anything really. And by the end of it you're still strangers, and the date is already over:(

Ratmjedi
11-28-2002, 04:40 AM
Well if you do take a girl on a date and take her to the movie make sure that you do something else too. Dinner would be a excellent time to eat and have a very good conversation. You just can't do something small. You have to do a few things. :)

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-28-2002, 07:19 PM
(edit-Gonk- Yoda, can you please NOT post crap like that? You've been warned. Do it again and you will be banned)

Break_dF
11-28-2002, 08:13 PM
(edit-Gonk- Yoda, can you please NOT post crap like that? You've been warned. Do it again and you will be banned)

Damn! I wonder what he posted...

ZePhyR
11-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Ya, I think i kind of rushed things a bit. Instead of really planning out a good date, its just like we went as friends to a movie. People are telling me it probably didn't go as bad I'm thinking it did, so hopefully i can get another date out of her and make it fun next time.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-28-2002, 10:40 PM

Hmm...thats funny. I guess for some reason or other, he didn't bother to see this:

(edit)

It's nice to know that I'm being discriminated against. Thank you whoever edited my post.

GonkH8er
11-28-2002, 11:31 PM
youre not being discriminated against. you just happen to be posting a lot of innapropriate material lately.

the complaint we recieved was about YOUR post. If i had seen the other post, i would have edited it. I'm editing it too now. That person has been warned too, but you've been warned numerous times. Keep it clean.

obi
11-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Don't worry Gonk, I just cleaned out some of the trash too.

This thread better take a turn for the better, or it will be closed.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, I can't be banned for expressing my opinion..so let me say this:

I hate mods who abuse their powers..and that is what I feel you people are doing. It's not my fault that you aren't mature enough to handle those kinds of topics....but whatever. I'll keep it "goody-good clean..."

Happy?

Rogue15
11-29-2002, 12:01 AM
wow, thanks for that love advice, darth yoda!

obi
11-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Darth Yoda:

We are mature enough to handle those sort of things. It's just some of us aren't.

These forums are PG, so we shall maintain them that way.

We have not "abused" our power in any way, we have just used it to perform our duty.

GonkH8er
11-29-2002, 12:04 AM

I hate mods who abuse their powers..and that is what I feel you people are doing. It's not my fault that you aren't mature enough to handle those kinds of topics....but whatever. I'll keep it "goody-good clean..."

Happy?

Ha. Not mature enough? Apart from the fact that there was nothing remotely mature about how you are talking about sex, it's not us who can't handle it. Hell, if it wasn't a family place, I'd be swearing and talking about whatever I wanted too.

But we're trying to keep this a respectable place. There are people younger than you who visit this place, and I'm sure it's not appropriate for them to see that kind of stuff in your posts. If you want to talk about that, go talk to your cool friends about it. Don't bring your trash in here. We're trying to run a community for all age groups here.

As much as you people think being a mod is cool, it's not fun sifting through endless posts editing stuff. I don't like deleting your opinions that you all post. I think that everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I think that some of those opinions should be kept out of here.

Darth Groovy
11-29-2002, 12:04 AM
You know it's guys like Darth Yoda that make me feel embarased to be American.

Darth Yoda, do you really think the constitution matters here? Mind you we have members from all over the globe. How much more trouble can you cause until you get it that we won't put up with it anymore?:mad:

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Well its nice to know that....but what do you have to say about that one thread that somebody once posted about "Naughtiest Thing You ever did"?

Did you see all the sexual crap there? Nobody said anything right?
So what's the deal?

GonkH8er
11-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I didn't happen to see that thread. And noone reported it as offensive, so no mods were alerted to it. I'll go check it out and edit it too if that's what you want. Just say the word.

Jed
11-29-2002, 12:07 AM

Happy?

Yes you can be banned for your opinion.

These mods aren't abusing their power...they're keeping you in line. When someone consistantly breaks the rules, with continual warnings, you deserve whatever they're gonna throw at you.

And I hope the worst becomes of you.

:mad:

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Sorry, I didn't happen to see that thread. And noone reported it as offensive, so no mods were alerted to it. I'll go check it out and edit it too if that's what you want. Just say the word.

No, its not that at all..I actually liked the thread. You don't have to edit it. I just dont wanna think that I'm like the only person here being watched for that. Like somebody is just dying to ban me. Since you warned me, I wont do it again. Peace?

GonkH8er
11-29-2002, 12:11 AM
You're not the only one :) Don't feel too special....

obi
11-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Yea, you aren't the only one. We like cooperaitons is all.

We appreciate it too. ;)

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 12:14 AM
You're not the only one:) Don't feel too special....

It's ok..I dont feel special. I just want to feel "equal" I guess you could say...

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 12:38 AM

It's ok..I dont feel special. I just want to feel "equal" I guess you could say...

They seemed to have edited some of my posts as well... Hmm, I don't remember any horrifying sexual content but...ok. Instead of just putting in 'yoinked' and the gayazz smily, could you maybe put something like...'hello, I'm a forum troll'...thanks...

icefox98
11-29-2002, 12:44 AM
This thread kinda changed subject. Heh.

obi
11-29-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Break_dF

They seemed to have edited some of my posts as well... Hmm, I don't remember any horrifying sexual content but...ok. Instead of just putting in 'yoinked' and the gayazz smily, could you maybe put something like...'hello, I'm a forum troll'...thanks...

It was me, and the smilie is not "gayazz" or whatever you said.

I found the material to be inappropriate for these forums, so I removed it.

I am not a troll either, I am a moderator of these forums. Huge difference.

acdcfanbill
11-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Perhaps we should get back on topic... ;) If any member feels the need to, please pm a mod or an admin as to the reasons something was removed or edited from one of their posts...

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

It was me, and the smilie is not "gayazz" or whatever you said.

I found the material to be inappropriate for these forums, so I removed it.

I am not a troll either, I am a moderator of these forums. Huge difference.

Woah..read before you post, Mr. Admin. By editing my post I wanted you to say that I was the troll. It had nothing to do w/ you and I couldn't really care less if you 'yoink' my post. I could only imagine the material inappropriate to a narrow-minded, brainwashed, 13th floor nun...but w/e...Actually, I feel that 'yoink' is alittle too sexually oriented for my tastes. Maybe you should 'yoink' that too and replace it w/ a more PC word like 'ripped'...nope, nope, still too harsh. Damn, I sure am glad I don't have your job. It must be tough. /sarcasm off

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
Perhaps we should get back on topic... ;) If any member feels the need to, please pm a mod or an admin as to the reasons something was removed or edited from one of their posts...

So anyway, Zeph, you should get a mail-order bride. Most of them can't speak english and they don't eat much. If you're having date troubles just contact the Vietnamese.

acdcfanbill
11-29-2002, 01:06 AM
HAHAHA! thats the best advice i have ever heard, here or in real life...

*goes to flip throught mail order bride catalogues*

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 01:14 AM
Here you go, Zeph, I took the liberty of picking one out for you...

http://www.ajapaneseprincess.com/member10/31043.html

Her name is ..erm, Sujinda!

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
HAHAHA! thats the best advice i have ever heard, here or in real life...

*goes to flip throught mail order bride catalogues*

Yeah, that advice is straight from my 2 fathers....

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 01:34 AM
You know something Break_dF...we could get to be good friends...:D

Break_dF
11-29-2002, 01:41 AM
You know something Break_dF...we could get to be good friends...:D

:cheers:

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 01:46 AM
Pass the beer!!:cheers:

ZePhyR
11-29-2002, 02:00 AM
Ya, so basically this thread has gotten a ton of replies in just a little while. Not the kind of replies i'd like to see though. When I posted this thread, I had a vision. A vision you see. One where I could post my problems/questions. In fact, one where others could post their problems/questions and expect quick advice/results. Here at the Love Advice thread, we've got questions and answers from people who probably are in exactly the same boat. But you know what, we give advice anyway, and guess what: It might actually help. So keep posting, but not about what the current topics have been.

Anyway, I think I'll pass on the vietnamese escorts, but ya'll are more than welcome to pursue whatever interests you may have. Payce.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-29-2002, 02:03 AM
Ok...to help get back on topic...I am now an official "Advice Giver"

When you've been through as many bad relationships as I have, giving advice is easy. I also just recently experienced TRUE LOVE for a girl. She broke up with me and came running back 2 days later saying that she had made a mistake and that she had no idea how much I meant to her. There's more to the story but I'll leave it basic!:D

ZePhyR
12-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Okay so I've just casually been talking with Charlene, and for some reason lately, even if I try blowing her off, she won't leave me alone! She just keeps coming to me and coming to me. I think either her or her friend want me now. They found out i was going snowboarding tomorrow, so they decided they're going too!

Darklighter
12-29-2002, 10:48 AM
All I can say is, lucky you having two of them after you:p

Well, despite my distinct lack of knowledge at what to get my girlfriend for christmas, I eventually decided to get her a neckless and cuddly toy, which she both loved (they are always the best bet when it comes to buying presents, I have discovered;)). And btw, if you want to make it extra special for her and make her fall head over heels for you, write a poem in her card. I did this, and told her to wait til she got home before she read it. As stubborn as she is, she made me sit and watch her read the whole poem (which I wrote myself:)). This sounds scary, but afterwards, she collapsed into my arms, so it's not totally a bad thing;)