View Full Version : UT 2K3 Demo - OFFICIAL

Absurd
09-13-2002, 10:06 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=dl_ut2k3

The Nvidia files for me were corrupt - might want to try Fileplanet:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/112991.shtml

TiE23
09-13-2002, 10:11 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*breaths* YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesyesyesyesyes awsome:D :D :D :D :D

Absurd
09-13-2002, 10:24 PM
The download speed of these servers is a testament to how much we all have no lives on a Friday nite. :D

acdcfanbill
09-13-2002, 10:31 PM
yay, i go dl, thanks for the link. :D

SiThLoRd><1000
09-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! This will be a day long remembered...

Absurd
09-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Just got the UT2K3 demo:

Sloppy weapons, graphics really aren't as good as Q3 (minus the physics stuff - I still saw a lot of clipping) .. and Q3's netcode is tighter. Heck the models are horrible looking in UT2K3 and this is everything is cranked up.

It just feels slow and sloppy.

Heck, JK2 looks better than UT2K3.

Back to Quake 3 for me.

Absurd
09-13-2002, 11:53 PM
http://www.lamerkatz.com/stories/q3_vs_ut.shtml

:p

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:04 AM
hmm is the demo really worth getting if i have to get my friend to burn it off for me ?

Absurd
09-14-2002, 12:06 AM
What speed is your connection?

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:09 AM
56k man :P 5k/s im positive i couldnt download it and i havent even looked :P

Absurd
09-14-2002, 12:28 AM
You might be able to overnite using download accelerator:

www.speedbit.com

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 01:05 AM
i would have to keep restarting it as my isp kicks me every 2 hours :( sucks huh.... just tell me if its worth getting burned :P

Absurd
09-14-2002, 01:39 AM
I think it sucks but you may want to get other opinions.

I found it more clumsy and slower than JK2.

HellFyre69
09-14-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Absurd
Just got the UT2K3 demo:

Sloppy weapons, graphics really aren't as good as Q3 (minus the physics stuff - I still saw a lot of clipping) .. and Q3's netcode is tighter. Heck the models are horrible looking in UT2K3 and this is everything is cranked up.

It just feels slow and sloppy.

Heck, JK2 looks better than UT2K3.

Back to Quake 3 for me.

WHO the hell can u say to probably the most WANTED game for 2002!!! OMG!!... Is just a demo beta.. is not even complete yet!.. and for ur information UT2k3 has A LOT better graphics that Q3.. Not to mention the outstandings Game modes.. My favorite game mode which was Assault, was taken out, but is still koo.. ANother thing, UT2k3 takes A LOT more skills than Q3, and even Jk2.. With the dodging, just dont have to strafe to shot, (which ALL FPS except UT and Unreal doesnt have the dodging system).. THis adds skills to starts shooting and evading bullets/lasers/rockets.. UT2k3 just simply ownz dude. Is THE sequel of the GAME OF THE YEAR for 99!!

Absurd
09-14-2002, 01:42 AM
#1. It's an official demo - not beta.

#2. Assault is not included in UT2K3 full version.

#3. The movement is slow and sloppy - bad UT netcode strikes again.

#4. The weapons are slow and pointless.

#5. It sucks. :p

HellFyre69
09-14-2002, 01:47 AM
true, to some ppl it might "sux"... demo or beta, the game is NOT completed!. But i think it's just a test, so The REAL thing will be A LOT better

here's wut the UT2k3 said about the "DEMO"

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=203117

Absurd
09-14-2002, 01:48 AM
This is from a game developer that worked on Medal Of Honor Allied Assault:

"Coriolis

My first gameplay impressions:
1) some people shouldn't run servers, they just don't have the bandwidth
2) the weapons need feedback... I can't tell how much damage I'm giving or taking, or even if I hit the guy
3) physics feel awful compared to quake
4) I still hate the double-tap makes you lunge
5) shooting the glowy ball is fun
6) translocator is nifty
7) the "which way do I go george" key (N) is a good idea
Graphical impressions...
Overall it definitely looks better than Q3, but that's to be expected of a game that comes out 3 years later. They got really high poly counts, yet their models still manage to completely suck, and I'd have to say that is the one graphical area where Q3 clearly owns UT2K3.

The lighting makes absolutely no sense at all. The maps overbright with no obvious light sources all over the place. This is no fault of the engine, though; its a level designer issue. The engine feature that seems strange is that they bake the real detailed lighting into the skins for the world geometry models, so that the shadows will never match the lights that exist in the world in direction or number. This is most painfully obvious on the bridges in the CTF map.

Their weapon effects are really cool overall, but I still find it impossible to tell if I'm winning a fight until one or the other of us dies.

The effects and atmosphere of the CTF map own. I really like the spiky balls. They use detail textures effectively on these balls and in a few places on the ground, though their inconsistent use of detail textures hampers the overall effect. The effect of frying yourself if you walk into the lightning behind the teleporters above your base is also swell.

I guess my overall impression is that it is a face lift to UT. I had fun playing the demo tonight, but doubt I'll end up buying the full version, since it is still UT and I'd rather write code than play online FPS games right now."

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/057347-2.html?

The entire thread is right here if you want some various opinions - good and bad on the game:

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/057347.html?

Absurd
09-14-2002, 01:52 AM
And yah I cranked up absolutely everything and Quake 3 still looks better - especially models, textures, and lighting.

My system, if you're curious:

DSL 1.5mb/384kb
Case: Antec PLUS1080 SOHO Server Case
Memory: 1 gig Mushkin Hi Perf LEVEL 2 2100 @ 2-2-2
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 gighz
Motherboard: Asus P4B266
Video Card: Geforce 4 4600
Monitor: 21" Sony Multiscan E540
Hard Drives: IBM 7200 RPM 20 gig + 120 gig
Audio: SB Audigy, Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's, Sennheiser 580s with Proton D540 Intergrated AMP
Input: Logitech I-feel Optical Mouse, IBM Keyboard, MS Sidewinder FF Precision Pro 2

Everything is up to date driver wise - WHQL, Service Pack 1, etc, etc.

HellFyre69
09-14-2002, 01:53 AM
true, u can never tell if ur really winning a match in Ut2k3.. Heck all FPS are like that.. 1 shot could even change everything.. FPS are not meant to play 1on1 like Most of u guys play jk2.. but in fact These kind of games are played with ppl.. or should i say "TEAMPLAY". the more ppl you have, the more fun you'll have.. I had a lot of fun from UT, hell I spent playing this game for 2 years!!... But my point is, some ppl has a different views of "FUN".. my kind of fun is teamplay, and UT2k3 is DEFINATELY a game i'm going to buy

Absurd
09-14-2002, 01:55 AM
Ah yah, see where mine is deathmatch.

And in Quake 3 you can tell if you are winning because you hear a very light, non-intrusive, beep when you hit someone.

Have you played Quake 3 before?

If you have Quake 3 - you should try out Threewave Capture Strike - you might be surprised just how good it is:

http://www.threewave.com/

HellFyre69
09-14-2002, 01:58 AM
yes I have try Q3 before.. and It was fun for 1 or 2 days playing by lan... I also played some online, and I guess is great to some ppl.. but I really really like Teamplay.

And i'm dling the mod rite now, and at the same time installing Q3 =).. Hopefully is good, and It will be a good way to kill time while the UT2k3 version comes out

Absurd
09-14-2002, 02:01 AM
Best way to find Threewave servers is via ASE:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

I think you'll laugh at the end of a game and they have the map selection - the way it's done is hillarious. :)

Also, another great mod for Q3 is OSP:

http://www.orangesmoothie.org

Be sure to grab the client file and extra maps. It's got some very nice stuff - doesn't change gameplay, just adds really cool things.

acdcfanbill
09-14-2002, 03:22 AM
Absurd, i find your overview of UT2k3 simply, well, absurd :D anywho, i completely disagree on pretty much every point you made, but thats cool. I think this game rocks and am probably gonna buy it. :D

GonkH8er
09-14-2002, 03:46 AM
currently downloading at 531kb/sec....

1 meg every 2 secs.... shouldnt take too long :)

Darth Groovy
09-14-2002, 05:00 AM
I've heard alot about this game. Once I get a new hardrive installed I may get some new games. Is this one really worth my $? ST Elite Force looks like big fun as well.

Kstar__2
09-14-2002, 06:49 AM
FINALY, the wait is over!

TheJackal
09-14-2002, 09:56 AM
hum... for those who played this game and said the graphics sucks.... what graphic card do you have?

I got a GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 128MB so the graphics are pertty amazing.

If you got GeForce 2 (i played the beta demo a long time ago when i still had a GeForce2) it will be murky. because the game was designed for GeForce 3 and up.

SiThLoRd><1000
09-14-2002, 11:05 AM
I compeletly agree with Jackal and Fyre. This game is meant for better graphics cards and all, plus it is just a demo. I'm sure they'll fix things over the time before its released, and then you still have PATCHES. Give it up, Quake III is dead...

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 11:37 AM
i agree acdcfanbill,

wth absurd are u some sort of Q3 advertisement team, out to ruin the reputation of ut2k3, the game f''ing rocks, u must have ur machine set up crap or something cos my graphics are lovely and ill definetly be downloading the full game when it comes out , so absurd, why dont u take some of ur own advice, shut the hell up, uninstall ut2k3, start quake 3 and leave us all alone?

kthnxbi

:mob:

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 11:53 AM
i pay for my cable modem, im a college student, i dont make lots of money, so paying for the cable is enough for me :D

if u wish to give me an extra £35 pounds per month so i can buy the game then feel free,

someone with low morals and no money has 2 choices, spend money that he doesnt really have or get for free

HMMMMMMM THATS A TOUGHY

shhh allready tyrion:rolleyes:

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 11:58 AM
And before u ask Jedi Maz bought jk2 from the shops and i wont mention the fact that he burned it and left a copy infront of everyone in college that didnt happen ever :P

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 12:00 PM
yady yady yady
pathetic sad ..any other names tyrion, ur just boosting my ego hear thanks.

as long as ppl like u are paying for the games mate then they still make them and i can still download them..thanks! KEEP IT UP :D

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 12:03 PM
well ill sit here patiently waiting for that day....with my downloads still going of course :D

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Oh man Tyrion its the fact that hes not downloading just for his own use :eek: :eek: :eek:

HE IS BURNING COPIES AND DISTRIBUTING TO THE WORLD WITH A SMALL PROFIT!

Just for the intention of making raven and lucas Arts stop supporting the game with his evil sith ways :(

oh wait...

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Sigh you really think someone will go to hell for downloading warez? :p

What are you doing on the internet son? :p

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:46 PM
are you in the royal society for crazy 12 year olds? :(

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 12:58 PM
No that is an unproven allegation and i am going to sue you for slander now little one :p

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 01:21 PM
You know they will have to get a trained psychologist to establish that and if you are able to stand trial :p unless your a really good actor your going to the bighouse and not the madhouse sonny jim

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Do i really need to keep replying to you or can i start pretending your not there? You are really starting to worry me :( i will have nightmares

OnlyOneCanoli
09-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Knock off the spam. This thread is for UT2k3. Thanks, you two.

I got and played the demo last night, and I have mixed feelings. I think the graphics (the textures are 2x better in the real game, they had to lower the demo size) and the ragdoll physics are simply amazing.

BUT, I can't help but think this game is UT + an engine upgrade. I mean, God damn, they have the same set of weapons in this version, give or take a couple, basically the same gameplay with people dodging like crazy and running around at inhuman speeds. It's just UT plus a couple new weapons (that aren't even original) and some pretty eye candy. And they took out Assault. :| I don't think I'll be picking it up when it comes out, unfortunately, as I was really looking forward to this. I'll be sticking to BF1942.

Jedi Spy
09-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Why do you call it spam? Looks like someone needs a wee trip to www.pctechguide.com to find out the definition for the word 'spam' :(

OnlyOneCanoli
09-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Are you talking about UT2k3 in a UT2k3 thread? No. You're talking about absolutely nothing. Thus, it is spam. Now please take it out of this thread and into one of the many crap-infested threads in the Swamp that would better suit your posting style before I reset your post count. Thanks.

Agen
09-14-2002, 01:46 PM
i downloaded it and it was corrupt >:(

OnlyOneCanoli
09-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Where did you download it from? The files I got from nVidia last night didn't work too well, but the one from Fastfiles worked fine (good speeds too).

Madjai
09-14-2002, 02:04 PM
i really didnt see much of a difference between UT and ut2003, except the kick ass physics, but youd expect that from an upgraded engine.

i was much more impressed with the doom3 video than this demo, so im going to save my money for something i know ill like.

Tyrion
09-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Well I deleted all my other posts here,hopefully jedi spy will do the same.

UT2k3 doesnt seem too good. I'd rather play jediknightII...or america's army. Same engine,guns look better and such. But I will download and play the demo..

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Onlyonecanoli, did u actually think before u posted ur thoughts on the demo? persoanly i think NOT.

since Ut first came out ppl have got used to the game play the GUNS and the style in which the diffrent maps and game types are played.

so do u think the game creators are going to bring out a completly diffrent game in there new version?

obviously not, they want to keep UT alive thats why its still called UT SAME GAME SAME GUNS SAME THE REST ..but with nicer graphics and some added extras,

stop expecting so much, if u want a complelty new game where u can fumble with buttons and spend hours reading through the help manual go play some RPG or something, but as it stands, UT2k3 is just an updated version of UT, making it much nicer to play, a better engine, some added extras and whatever else.

so, stick to ur battlefield 1942 then and be quiet now, thanks in advance.:D

Toonces
09-14-2002, 07:14 PM
I've played the demo, and here is my two cents for what it's worth :D

The engine itself, especially the netcode runs great, even on my older box. I'm on cable, so I always have a good ping, but it seems much better lag wise then say Q3.

The one model that they included is a bit of a dissapointment, with the exception of the animations, I think they were quite well done. The problem with the model I suspect will be improved to some extent by higher rez textures, but I'll wait to pass judgement until I see more models in retail. One good thing is that the apparent ease of modifying the game will of cource lead to exceptional user made models. I know I'm gonna have fun with that part :)

The pace of the game is way off, It feels like all the players are on crystal meth. I hope it's toned down ALOT or I definatly will have second thoughts about picking it up, even with it having a great engine to modify

Gotta lose the double jump dodge thing or whatever it's called.

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 08:16 PM
double tap jump/dodge is great, if u realise what its for u might consider it to be more usefull. becuase i found it extremly usefull for getting up slopes that normal run and jump dont work.

and the game speed seems fine tbh, im sure in the full version there will be a slide bar for the ..not sure what it was called but u could pick turbo and hardcore, u could allways slide it as far to the left as possible to suit ur grandad pace needs, or else go play rogue spear or something? :D

Toonces
09-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Hey man, I wouldn't exactly call myself a grandad, but the speed the models move at makes the entire game a blur, (I have a top end computer, it's not my hardware)

I said I disliked the pace, not that I couldn't play at that speed, my aim is, and always has been dead on :D

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 08:45 PM
i personaly thought the pace was fast too after i had been playing jk2 for an hour, but after an hour of ut2k3 i thought jk2 was SLOW ..lol so i think it just takes a bit of adjusting, after a while u get used to the mad blur and u start seeing things, reacting quicker etc, specially when u die if u dont :p
-----------------------------------------------------
ooga booga boo

Toonces
09-14-2002, 08:54 PM
heh, you know, I thought the same thing when I went back to JKII :) I'll have to play it some more though. I'm definatly not as used to fps's as I have been in the past, I havent touched one since before JKII came out

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 10:50 PM
ah well personaly i think ut2k3, will get boring after a while, there are only so many times u can shoot a person at light speed, but with different coloured soroundings (maps) without getting bored,

but i mean jk2 has a feeling behind it, u watch the movies and see how u allways wanted to be able to do that stuff, but jk2 just brings it to erm..to ur monitor :confused: ...and so theres a roleplaying aspect as well as a fast paced fps that has lots and lots of skill required in it, so personaly i think ut2k3 will be my most played game for about a week but after that ill be back to jk2 thinking im darth maul again :) .

u just cant beat it :fett:

TheJackal
09-14-2002, 11:03 PM
For those who want to know what UnrealTournament 2003 is ment to look like go here:

http://www.indieriot.com/sjacques/ut2k3/

Its 5 screenshots I took while playing with a friend. He has a GeForce2 and he should send me soon his screenshots just to compare the differences.

(my fav shot is #4)

OnlyOneCanoli
09-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Oh, excuse me for thinking that the developers of one of the greatest FPSs ever would want to bring the genre to new levels once again. But it seems they'd rather cash in with an engine upgrade, virtually no gameplay changes, and practically no weapon replacements with the UT name slapped on it. Shame on me for thinking they could have done better! Shame on me for not being a UT fanboy and accepting that anything by epic is the greatest thing ever!

By your argument, you would want the FPS genre to go absolutely nowhere other than prettier graphics. You would want FPS games to be Wolfentstein 3D with eye candy and physics. You would not want Half-Life. You would not want Deus Ex. You would not want Jedi Outcast. But you would want a simple game where you run around at 50mph and shoot things for no apparent reason at all. Shame on me for wanting something more! Those games don't take hours of manual reading or anything like that, but they do bring the FPS genre to new levels - something UT2k3 will not be doing, unfortunately. The fact that UT2k3 is named after UT doesn't save it from the fact that it should have some sort of originality to it. That's one of the most absurd arguments I've ever heard. 'Just because JKII is named after JK means that it doesn't need any new gameplay or weapons!' And it's not even that I eexpected UT2k3 to revolutionize the genre, but they have the same damn weapons from the last game in it? Virtually no difference between the guns. I simply cannot believe it.

Jedi Maz
09-14-2002, 11:52 PM
I REPEAT, FOR THEE BLIND IN SIGHT IE *COUGH* ONLYONECANOLI....its called UT, if they upgrade UT and take out the weapons everyones mastered/got used to/play great with, I WOULD GET PI**ED OFF...so let me repeat also that its a UT UPGRADE NOT A NEW GAME!...if they where to bring out a new game it would be called Unreal ****** 2003, with new weapons new game play etc etc etc, *slaps u on the head for being so dumb* ...but its NOT its called unreal tournament, do u see a trend here? unreal tournament/unreal tournament 2003....yeah? just keep repeating them one after the other u will recognise theres a diffrent in them, the that one at the end is a newer version of the older one, ok? how can u bring something new to this game u twat, its been the same since f'in doom came out with an addition of a few new weapons (which they have added) so basically this fast paced fps genre is only gonna go one way, GRAPHICS and PERFORMANE UPGRADE, let me also add there was how many years of a diffrence between jk and jk2?, plus the style of game play in jk and jk2 is diffrent from ut, but back then they didnt have technology or whatever to make the game like jk2 as they probably wanted,

do u think the developers dont sit there spending hours thinking..how can we make this game NEW revoloutinery in the fps world....obviously they do.

then u get ppl like u that run in saying THERES NUTHING NEW IN THIS GAME IM NOT BUYING IT..dam newbie use yer brain before u slabber son

GonkH8er
09-15-2002, 12:03 AM
actually most sequels dont have the exact some guns...

just a thought

OnlyOneCanoli
09-15-2002, 12:14 AM
Please knock off the insults. Flaming isn't allowed here. Thanks in advance. :) FYI, when you start stooping to the level of insulting a person taking the opposite side or your argument, it usually means you're losing the debate. Just for future reference.

The simple fact of the matter is that your argument is based on your claim that since UT2k3 is named after UT then it should be the same exact game. Which is quite humorous, at least to me. Since when do sequels have the same guns and same exact gameplay as the original game?

how can u bring something new to this game u twat, its been the same since f'in doom came out with an addition of a few new weapons

and

plus the style of game play in jk and jk2 is diffrent from ut

Anybody else see the hipocracy in this argument? On one hand, everything is the same as Doom, but JK and JKII are also different? That makes a lot of sense. I also cited three games (HL, DX, and JKII) that are not the same as Doom (or Wolfesntein, as I put it). There are many more, and even the original UT was very special in its own way.

I respect your opinion that you think an upgrade is worth $50. I personally do not wish to support developers who half-ass their way to a quick buck. That's my opinion. Hell, if it gets rave reviews and everybody seems to think it's the best thing ever, maybe I'll give it another shot and maybe pick it up eventually. But right now, it doesn't look that way.

obi
09-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Here's a happy note that'll make everyone laugh-

I have never played Unreal Tournament.

What's the game-play like?

Jedi Spy
09-15-2002, 12:22 AM
same as any other fps but when u kill lots of ppl at once or dont die while killing ppl it says things like MULTI KILL and KILLING SPREE! which is the most entertaining bit in the game :D

Absurd
09-15-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Toonces
I've played the demo, and here is my two cents for what it's worth :D

The pace of the game is way off, It feels like all the players are on crystal meth. I hope it's toned down ALOT or I definatly will have second thoughts about picking it up, even with it having a great engine to modify

Gotta lose the double jump dodge thing or whatever it's called.

I found it way too slow compared to Quake 3.

What are you comparing it to?

Jedi Maz
09-15-2002, 12:48 AM
bah, forget it im fed up repeating my self, and for the gandalf guy, its just like all the other fps shooters, except they changed couple of things, there graphics and performance, so u play it and go WOW those graphics are sweet, oh man i can actually seee that rocket in motion and the detail is incredible, COOL thats my body wriggling on the cround and my legs flying through the air, and graphics are still great look at that detail, wow, but with same weapons same style new maps (THAT LOOK GOOD :D) but no its still ut with a twist :)

ShockV1.89
09-15-2002, 11:26 AM
I dunno, I always found Quake3 to feel...fake. Not to say that UT is any more realistic. But it was slower to the point of feeling real. The weapons had a much nicer feel to them, and, above all, they were DIFFERENT. Quake3 just stuck with the tired old combo of rocket/shotgun/machinegun etc. Heck, the BFG was nerfed into a tricked out plasma gun. Bah, I say. Plus things like locational damage, wide open maps with surroundings other than deep space, etc. The only thing I wasnt thrilled with were the models. I liked the ones that were there, but there werent enough of them. I was happy with my Skaarj Hybrid, though..

As for the new demo, I like it a lot. I've been playing CTF-Citadel quite a bit, it's good fun. I dont know what you guys are saying about it being too slow or fast, but there is an option in there to turn the game speed up and down. I generally play at 110%, but some people only like 100%. Try experimenting.

Jedi Maz, although your points are good, you're making a fool out of yourself. Just FYI. And your description of UT2K3 is way too simple...

ObiWan, PM me and I'll introduce you to the world of UT.

Jedi Maz
09-15-2002, 11:30 AM
if some people werent so slow and used there brains to think about things first then im sure i wouldnt have to make a fool of myself.

shame they still dont get it tho :confused:
dummys shall be dummys.

Kstar__2
09-15-2002, 11:46 AM
UT2003 is really tha bomb!

have you seen the water, it looks so damn great!

i'm hooked for shure!

Jedi Maz
09-15-2002, 11:48 AM
yes that map antalus, where the blob gun is, on a little island place sorounded by water, i was standing staring at it for ages, it looks so amazing :) also on asbestos theres a little pool, i stared at that one to for ages. :D

Kstar__2
09-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Maz
yes that map antalus, where the blob gun is, on a little island place sorounded by water, i was standing staring at it for ages, it looks so amazing :) also on asbestos theres a little pool, i stared at that one to for ages. :D

me 2

*me looking at real life water in UT2003*
:drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

TiE23
09-17-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Spy
56k man :P 5k/s im positive i couldnt download it and i havent even looked :P
I feel the same but I still downloaded it with a 56k.
it was worth it:D
only problem was weird squares and sharp edges cept apearing
awsome detail on maps,
and 'rag doll' effect is so toatally freaking awsome!!!!!!:D :D

rfa_vasquez
09-17-2002, 03:32 AM
Got it.Played it.Graphics Rock.2 x better in Official Game.Cant wait to get it

Absurd
09-17-2002, 05:09 AM
I've changed my opinion on the game:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2710789#post2710789

ShockV1.89
09-17-2002, 01:26 PM
My guy got tired... so he laid back and chilled...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/goldsmiths/shock1.jpg
:D :D

rfa_vasquez
09-18-2002, 12:56 PM
the netcode used for JK2 is a UT netcode.If not theres something weird.My pin gon UT is 30-70