PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Sounds

adillon
09-18-2002, 09:48 AM
i don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but i'm gonna give it a whirl ...

i'm currently working on a project for my JK2 clan ... see my signature ... and need to rip some sounds from movie clips i've downloaded. thought i knew how, apparently i was WRONG. :rolleyes:

can somebody (ANYBODY?!) tell me what software (preferably freeware) i can use to open the movie files and copy only the sounds i want to be able to edit them? i know it was achieved somehow with the ki-adi-mundi model, but i'm just too lazy to go looking for it.

thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me. :D

Deetox187
09-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Well i use Cooledit pro, its great for cutting what you want out of a sound, very easy. But sorry its not freeware, however you can download a trial version which will be good enough for what you need it for.

http://www.syntrillium.com/download/

adillon
09-18-2002, 10:24 AM
thanks, deetox ... hope it'll work. :D

adillon
09-18-2002, 02:29 PM
so, would i have to *cough* acquire *cough* a copy of virtualdub and/or tmpgenc? i noticed they were mentioned in the ki adi mundi thread from way back when, AND i'm assuming they were used for copying sounds from a movie clip.

does anybody know about either (or both) of these apps and whether or not i could or should use them to copy sounds from an .avi file?

:confused: