PDA

View Full Version : movable objects

Takeoffyouhoser
09-30-2002, 02:42 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to make objects in the game, like crates or whatnot, movable ?

UltimateZeus
09-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Ya sure, you can use a func_train entity.

Takeoffyouhoser
09-30-2002, 04:28 AM
lemme make this a little clearer.... since i forgot the first time.
How about for Kyle to Move those crates. Lets say he's in a storage area and wants to explore the ventalation system. So, he MOVES a few crates to make a way to jump up there...

can this be done?

Catscratch
09-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Hmm. You can push and pull objects, but if you mean to move them like when you grip npcs, then i have no idea.

Bell
09-30-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Takeoffyouhoser
lemme make this a little clearer.... since i forgot the first time.
How about for Kyle to Move those crates. Lets say he's in a storage area and wants to explore the ventalation system. So, he MOVES a few crates to make a way to jump up there...

can this be done?

yup!
http://mapping.jediknightii.net/tutorials.htm
look for the force influenced objects tut

Livingdeadjedi
09-30-2002, 04:35 PM
Hmmmm that site states that moveable objects can be done in SP and MP, but everyone knows you cant move objects in mulitplayer. the source code is completely different. :D

Bell
09-30-2002, 05:12 PM
correct

JavaGuy
09-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Basically it says to use a func_door for your moveable object. You can certainly do that in MP.

One of the things I wish JKII had that was in Half Life was completely moveable objects, i.e. things you could push or pull all over the map. You can make a func_door that will slide back and forth between two positions, but that's it.

In SP you can use scripting to make a far more sophisticated moveable object, but you'd still basically have to define explicitly what points it can be pushed to and in what direction. Careful with those Origin brushes, as I recently learned the hard way.

Takeoffyouhoser
09-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Well, i am making an SP adventure..i figured scripting would ahve been the way to go!