PDA

View Full Version : The Suspension Bridge at Iguazu' Falls

Fostur
10-01-2002, 02:49 AM
Hey,

I've been going to Mixnmojo and the Scummbar now, for about 8 years, but this is my first post at this board, but anywho...

This is about Music / Sam and Max.

While listening to the CD TNT the other day, I couldn't help but get a bad flashback during one of the songs.

While listening to the song:

"The Suspension Bridge at Iguazu' Falls"
by the great thrill jockey band: Tortoise

I found myself at the sasquatch party in the game sam and max. Now i've listened to the 6 or so songs on the Sam and Max CD a million times, so when i heard this one part I had to take notice.

anyway, enough with the history.

I urge anyone to download this song by Tortoise and wait till about 1:40 passes in the song, and see if it sounds anything like it. I dunno, maybe i've finally lost it.

movieclockstar
10-01-2002, 10:40 AM
I dig Tortoise, but I must admit I'm not familiar with that song. I'll have to check it out. The song played at the World of Fish always reminded me of something else, but I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what.

Alien426
10-01-2002, 10:52 AM
I'm quite sure I've never heard a song from Tortoise, but strangely I felt the same way with the bigfoot party.

Could be they used some non-copyrighted music like "Blow The Man Down" in Monkey 2 (@ drinking contest).

Huz
10-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by movieclockstar
The song played at the World of Fish always reminded me of something else, but I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what.

The Fish (http://www.huzatron.freeserve.co.uk/joey/#tajmahal) knows.

Gabez
10-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Hee!

Also take a look at this (http://www27.brinkster.com/danewt/fishing.mid) MIDI. It faintly mirrors the world of fish tune, yet has no connections with the LucasArts game (as far as I know). Possibly it is a MIDI version of the Taj Mahal song, or maybe all these songs are based on another, older song that isnít copyrighted.

Hellbeard
10-02-2002, 07:11 PM
Anyone know where I can find that song from FT in Todd's Trailer!?

Alien426
10-03-2002, 06:36 AM
You mean "Increased Chances" by Chitlins Whiskey & Skirt? You could use the Full Throttle Music Player (LucasHacks! (http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/download.php?style=lucas)) and extract it as WAV.

Hellbeard
10-03-2002, 06:18 PM
"The Population is Greatly decreased, and my chances are greatly increased to find a lady, thanks to the apockalypes!"

Alien426
10-04-2002, 02:42 AM
"The population is greatly decreased
and now the odds are greatly increased
that I may someday get a chance
to kiss your lips.
I thank the Lord each day
for the apocalypse"

Hellbeard
10-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Sorry, I improvised because I forgot the words.:(

BooJaka
10-05-2002, 08:24 AM
"Folks are mostly disfigured or dead
But sugar I won't let it go to my head
My mumma's face has dripped down into the the dirt
But I'm still chasing
Chitlins, Whiskey and Skirt"

Ztev
10-05-2002, 08:43 AM
Cool song. I liked that bit in Full Throttle. Great Atmosphere.