PDA

View Full Version : This has been Bugging me a lot Lately

SamNMax
10-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Are all you guys play is adventure games? Because I find it really annoying when people say that an adventure game is the best game ever. (Last Express, Grim Fandango, MI2 etc.) I play all the genars and I could never deside the best game ever, (whitch is no game at all) and I'm sure that you would feel the same way. I'm not doing anything like flaming, I'm just asking.

itsgood2slide
10-07-2002, 08:28 PM
Do you own The Last Express? It really is in another league from anything else.

I play games in all genres (at the moment I have been playing Pikmin, Toca Race Driver & Silent Hill 2). The only genre I cannot stand to play are RPGs (and the large majority of 3D platform games can be very, very dull).

Side Note
How would someone be able to decide that their favourite genre was adventure if they never played other types of games.

Hellbeard
10-07-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I really didn't like Last express that much.

Btw, my favorite game of all time is Black and White! Best Game Ever!:D

itsgood2slide
10-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Do you own it? How long did you play it for?

Hellbeard
10-07-2002, 08:42 PM
I beat Last Express, and I beat B&W. I own both.

Acrylic
10-07-2002, 08:43 PM
I loooooooooove RPGs.......cuz theyre fun....my fave is Final Fantasy 10

-JoFFa-
10-07-2002, 09:23 PM
I guess there is best game in each genre...IMHO LEC just made best adventures of our childhood...So it's some kind of nostalgic thought when playing them especially (IMHO)Dott and FOA...

Among others?....well...

Have to agree - Black and White- !!!rulez !!!(among strategies)...

Homeworld and StarCraft. Warcraft III- among RTS

and Frontier Elite(If you remember) among space exploration genres....

Well...thats it...Dagob... oops..(wrong line)..:)

Hellbeard
10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
You forgot to Mention Age of Empires for RTS you fool!

Acrylic
10-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Dont be talking like that....geez....cuz people dont have to like everything u like....I mean....they can like their own games.....I mean, you dont have to like what a 5 yr old girl likes...or ar 7 yr old boy, all people have their own opinions

guybrush guy
10-07-2002, 10:13 PM
adventure games are still my favorite games of all time, but a RPG's is next in line because it is an adventure game kind of, it has a plot and numerous selections, not many action games are like that

MrManager
10-07-2002, 10:31 PM
While most of the games I play are more or less related to adventure games (like the Silent Hill games, Deus Ex or whatever), I do play some games falling outside that genre. The last week, for example, I've been playing Civ 3 a lot. Are anybody else here fan of that game?

Jake
10-07-2002, 10:53 PM
Most recently I've been playing Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Mario Sunshine, Warcraft 3, and I dusted off Quake 3 just this week.

I still like Monkey 1, 2, 3, even 4, Sam & Max and Grim more than most any newer game that comes along. Good moments in adventure games just fill you up inside with this weird warm happy that just doesn't come out of many other genres. Maybe Blizzard's stories can get close at their good moments but they're split up by those evil repetitive missions.

Hellbeard
10-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Dont be talking like that....geez....cuz people dont have to like everything u like....I mean....they can like their own games.....I mean, you dont have to like what a 5 yr old girl likes...or ar 7 yr old boy, all people have their own opinions
If you ask any real gamer, they will say that AOE is one of the best RTS games of all time!

btw, don't get me wrong, Adventure games are still my favorite game genre, but they are closely followed by RTS.

Btw, Deus Ex is the Best First Person Shooter Ever!!!:D

Acrylic
10-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Like I said....opinions differ...I never played AOE....but i have StarCraft....which is fun! :D

Alien426
10-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Hellbeard
If you ask any real gamer, they will say that AOE is one of the best RTS games of all time!

Hellbeard you're really narrow minded. Define a real gamer. You could play only adventures or only Command & Conquer titles and still be a "real gamer".

Btw, Deus Ex is the Best First Person Shooter Ever!!!:D
Sure, if you play it as a FPS. That's why I would sometimes rate it the best game ever - because you can play it so differently.
At other times CMI or MI2 or Half-Life would be the best games ever.

I'm playing Broken Sword 2. I've got the Collector's Edition of WarCraft 3, but didn't play it yet. So you see while I play different genres I will choose an adventure before the strategy title.

Wizball
10-08-2002, 05:18 AM
Best games of all time so far for me:

TETRIS

Araknoid <- Arkanoid as Alien426 pointed out correctly...

Wizball

end of story :)

Alien426
10-08-2002, 06:35 AM
You forgot Solitaire and Minesweeper.

By the way, it's Arkanoid.

GendoTheGreat
10-08-2002, 07:34 AM
I have favourite games in all genre's except RPG's. (I find them boring and repetitive. But that's just me.) I mostly play action games, but it just so happens my favourite game of all time is an adventure (Grim Fandango)

scabb
10-08-2002, 02:43 PM
I've never been a fan of RTS's, I'm more of an Adventure fan, Funnily enough. I prefer to play with consoles, mainly because my PC sucks, but ocassionally I get in a bit of Counter-Strike. Games like R-Type, Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Mario World, Smash Brothers are superb examples of why consoles rule. Games like Grim Fandango, Counter-Strike, and (Just so Hellbeard doesn't get upset and make 5 more annoying posts), Age of the Empires are superb examples of why personal computers rule.

Gabez
10-08-2002, 02:47 PM
I’ve played a lot of strategy games like the Command & Conquer series, Dungeon Keeper, and Civilization 2 and 3. Also god games like Black & White, action games like Half-life… in fact I’ve got a pretty wide range of games across several genres.

But my favorite games have to be Deus Ex and The Last Express.

Erwin_Br
10-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Posted by Jake:

Good moments in adventure games just fill you up inside with this weird warm happy that just doesn't come out of many other genres.

And I thought I was the only one :p

--Erwin

elTee
10-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Let me get this off my chest.
Here's why I hate RPG's. They are really bad point and click adventures. They have poor plot, and ANNOYING FIGHTS. Turn based? This means watch a bad guy take chunks out of you, then you do your super move and it says "missed." So you run away, but then how do you complete the game? "Not enough hit/experience/magic points to progress." Woof-berrys.
Anyway. Little Big Adventure 2 is inbetween point-and-click and RPG. Why? It has the control style of an RPG, the puzzles are easy, and there is fighting. However, you don't need hit/experience/magic points, and it isn't turn based. Thus it is in my all time top 3 games ever. Where's Final Fantasy VII? I'll tell you. 1239. Yeah. THAT LOW. [edit]uhhhh, fiends![edit].
I love the games I have on my gamecube right now. Super Mario Sunshine (which I got early!) is incredible! The graphics, gameplay, sound.... I love it. And Smash Bros. Melee - best multiplayer of all time (except Bomberman I guess). And Rogue Leader - Star Wars! And its brilliant!

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 06:32 PM
When I said real gamers, I mean people who have really played every game Genre. So if you ask 1 one them, they would probaly say that the best RTS games are starcraft, warcraft, and AOE.

I must agree with you guys on the RPG thing, but There is one good RPG I played. Its called Freedom Force. It is an RPG that has you make and control your own super hero. It is really quite fun!

scabb
10-08-2002, 06:36 PM
LucasTones, the language that you used during that previous post was rather uncalled for, and the sheer profanity may have an adverse effect on LucasForums younger demographic.

I for one enjoy RPGs, and there are many forms of RPG. There are many differences between the 'Zelda' style RPGs, the 'Final Fantasy' style RPGs and the 'Diablo' style RPGs

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 06:39 PM
What makes you think I'm young you [expletive deleted, dont use words like that Hellbeard] And what language was LT usening that was so terrible!

Acrylic
10-08-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by scabb
LucasTones, the language that you used during that previous post was rather uncalled for, and the profound language that you used may have an adverse effect on LucasForums younger demographic.

I for one enjoy RPGs, and there are many forms of RPG. There are many differences between the 'Zelda' style RPGs, the 'Final Fantasy' style RPGs and the 'Diablo' style RPGs

Maybe I did use bad well not BAD but innapropriate language in some posts, but only when people piss me off....other than that.....no...

scabb
10-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Did you even READ that post?

elTee
10-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Uhhhhhh, I think you misread. Ahem. Besides, americans don't know what it means anyway.

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 07:00 PM
What the Hell is a Wan*er!? is it really that bad of a word in the UK!?

btw, How dare you call me American! I am Canadian and damn Proud of it! (damn Americans!)

scabb
10-08-2002, 07:03 PM
And whose fault is that, Lucastones?
I'll tell you. It's yours.
You corrupted their innocent little minds with this inappropriate and vulgar language. If you're not careful with your manic outbursts, somebody may take legal action.

How could you do such a thing?

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 07:05 PM
What the hell is a bloody Wan*er!?

elTee
10-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Who said wan*er? I didn't.

scabb
10-08-2002, 07:12 PM
What are you people talking about? I'm from good old England, and I never heard of this "W**nker" word that Hellbeard is spouting.

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 07:24 PM
What the Hell is a W**ker!? If I said it in canada people would just look at me funny!

scabb
10-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Hellbeard: I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about, and neither will the rest of the forum. Did you just create this word? Or imagine it to be there? Because if you imagined it to be there, then this could be pretty serious...

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 07:27 PM
:mad: :eek: :confused:

Riffage
10-08-2002, 07:41 PM
i think hellbeards been doing too much http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/dance2.gif http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/beam2.gif

scabb
10-08-2002, 07:46 PM
Hellbeard, you glass-clinking anal probing party animal. I had no idea.

GregD
10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
hellbeard!!!!111

i been hereing thins bout u like u know LOL!1/1

i heard peopel sayin things... like "SHUT FACE" and "HE IS TEH WANX" I also heard someone saying you smell of pigs bollox!

i do not no whut these fings means... can u tell me loLrofllmao

PLZ THX

I LUVU !!!!!!!!!!!11

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Who the hell are you!? You aren't allowed to insult me unless you have 50 or more posts!

Riffage
10-08-2002, 08:09 PM
now now child, be nice he's only a new person

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Why is he making fun of me if he is new!?

GregD
10-08-2002, 08:12 PM
HELLBEARD I LUVS YOU I AM THE SEXY PERSON IN YOUR LIFe ySe!!!!11

i hAVE POSTS i PLAN.T them in our GARden !!!11 I HAVE GOAL POSTS AS Welll LIKE 300 lol

I COLLECT BYCICLE CLIPS ALSO but some bears stole them you know ;(

I GO INTO SONG now:....

AND DDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIII e IIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LUV U,,,, HELLBEARD MY LUV ANDDDD IIIII WILLll love u wif the goal posts n tha bears if they want some toLOLROFLLEOWLOOL

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Are you from the OT boards!?

scabb
10-08-2002, 08:18 PM
OT boards? Never heard of them :/

I've heard of HB pencils though.

Hmm..does the "HB" by any chance stand for "Hellbeard?" Nearly all the pencils I have say HB on them. You must be one rich little puppy.

GregD
10-08-2002, 08:19 PM
I AM FROM boards yse!!!11

b0ards of canada LOWLLW!!12221

BUT I LUV U u no... AND TEH RTS GAMES is MY FAV JUST LIKEU AND TEH ADVENTURE GAMES like U

I DONT HAVE AS MANY Goal posts as u ;~~(((

BUT WE CAN reproduce themm TOGEVer 4EVER COS u is luv of my lifee LOVE OF MY LIFE OHHHH YSESSESS

I like LIVER and oNIONS and i have big collection of HAM alsosos

PLZ reply me soon 4LUV

thxpls

Riffage
10-08-2002, 08:20 PM
yeah i got those too, are the 'H' pencils some other company trying to cash in on your business?

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:23 PM
I think I know Greg from somewhere!

Riffage
10-08-2002, 08:25 PM
one of your mates acting normal?

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:28 PM
I think he is a Member with a new name!

scabb
10-08-2002, 08:28 PM
What on earth do you mean normal?

This "GregoryD" chap is acting rather inappropriately, as if he is heavily involved in a FPS Deathmatch.

I think he may have brain problems.

And you're saying this is one of Hellbeards friends?

Or are you referring to me? Because Hellbeard and I go way back.

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:31 PM
3heart

Riffage
10-08-2002, 08:32 PM
but you have to remember my view is distorted cause of too much http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif and http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/dance2.gif .... hold up, do i know you hellbeard?

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 08:33 PM
What Possibly could you mean;) I've never talked to you in my life!;)

Riffage
10-08-2002, 08:34 PM
oh but you have you love monkey, remember in that bar?

GregD
10-08-2002, 08:41 PM
heLLlbeard WHY u NOT PHONE ME!!111111

I HAVE TRIED u;re phone ages and ages.... AND it told me stuffs sayin u not there BUT u woz i SAW U THRU WINDOW EEEE!!111

OH AND I THINK U IS TEH WANX U TEH WANX OBIWANX....

u PHONE ME

LUV FROM YOUR FAV BEARDED PERSONe...

HellbeeardeEtte

Acrylic
10-08-2002, 10:31 PM
What the Hell is a Wan*er!? is it really that bad of a word in the UK!?

btw, How dare you call me American! I am Canadian and damn Proud of it! (damn Americans!)

god! quit f***ing insulting people! what has us americans done to you as a country! shoot, nothing! u insult and swear to much...mostly spam call people fools, thats not nice, but anyways, whos this GregD guy?

Hellbeard
10-08-2002, 11:04 PM
He's Banned, thats what!

Alien426
10-09-2002, 05:46 AM
god! quit f***ing insulting people! what has us americans done to you as a country! shoot, nothing!
You ever seen South Park?!

I have to admit, that Canada started the fight, with Celine Dion.

GregD: LucasFans Forums had "Agent Fox Mulder", who was almost as imbecile, but not as entertaining.

jannar85
10-09-2002, 06:13 AM
I love adventure games! :D
But my favorite non adventure game must be GTA3...and...Bomberman!!! :)

--- edit ---
Oh, that wasn't the real GregD, right?

QueZTone
10-09-2002, 09:01 AM
omg Deus Ex 0wns j00

The Adventure Genre has a lot of quality games. The action genre however has only a few really good ones.

Wing Commander 4 0wns j00 as well!

Gabez
10-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones
Let me get this off my chest.
Here's why I hate RPG's. They are really bad point and click adventures. They have poor plot, and ANNOYING FIGHTS. Turn based? This means watch a bad guy take chunks out of you, then you do your super move and it says "missed." So you run away, but then how do you complete the game? "Not enough hit/experience/magic points to progress."

I think that a lot of people have the wrong impression concerning RPGs, although I know what LucasTones is talking about, at least to some extent.

In fact, I see RPGs as a very large genre, with many different styles of game falling under that category. In my experience RPGs have the best stories in games, along with adventures. The kinds of games I mean are Deus Ex and Baldurs Gate II... Two amazing games, that are very, very different from the definition you came up with.

GregD
10-09-2002, 03:20 PM
THANKS FOR DA SUUPOORT ALIEN and OTHER peeps!

U IS ALL ON MY FRIEND LIST...

NO WORRY BOUT hellsibad WE HAVE LOVERS TIF BUT HE APPOLOGISE TODAY! he greasy LUVer...

OH RAL I AM TEH REAL GREGSO LOOSLOQAROFLLMAO

I WAS FINKIN TODAY... .and i saidf "WHoS DAT IN teh CORNER???" IS HELLBEARD LOsin his religion..!! !111

elTee
10-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Gabez, you make a fair point. The RPG that really turned me against them was Final Fantasy VII on PS1. I loved all those Zelda / Landstalker / Sword of Vermillion games on the Megadrive and SNES.

Hellbeard
10-09-2002, 09:55 PM
I liked PokeMon! It was one Kick Ass Game!:D

elTee
10-14-2002, 07:34 AM
Goddam pokemon...
My friend downloaded a ROM of the gold version a few weeks before it came out and we started playing on it... before we knew it we had completed it. I hate pokemon too, and there I was, enjoying it. So, I bought a Gamecube and Super Smash Bros Melee, and booted pikachu, pichu, mewtoo and jigglypuff around the screen. They died. :D

Hellbeard
10-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I dunno, I mastered POKeMon red/blue! I had the best team possible! Fully play tested and everything!

SamNMax
10-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Myteam in Pokemon Yellow:

Mewtwo Level 100
Articuno Level 99
Zapdos Level 98
Picachu (:p ) Level 97
Moltress Level 78 (Don't use him much)
My current favorite in training Pokemon Dragonite Level 61

mercatfat
10-14-2002, 07:21 PM
You're using three legendary birds, and that's a huge, huge mistake as they all have the same disadvantages.

SamNMax
10-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Adventure
Maniac Mansion (NES)

Action
Grand Theft Auto 3 (Can't wait for Vice City)

Shooter
SOCOM: US Navy Seals

RPG
Pokemon Silver

Racing

Grand Trismo 3

Fighting
Mortal Kombat Triligy (Some parts of the game were a disgrace to all fighting games, but otherwise a good time).

Platform:
Super Metroid

SamNMax
10-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by mercatfat
You're using three legendary birds, and that's a huge, huge mistake as they all have the same disadvantages.

I've beaten all the trainers in the game and beaten the Elite 4 around 100 to 200 times. I don't think I need to worry. Didn't you see the levels?

mercatfat
10-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Trainers and Elite 4, sure, but I'm talking about real competition like other humans.

I liked, bought and finished Pokémon before it became popular (it took about a month or so for it to really resonate with America) so I'm exempt from all mockery. It's not my fault it became a huge marketing machine.

Acrylic
10-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SamNMax
Action
Grand Theft Auto 3 (Can't wait for Vice City)

we can finally agree on something :D

scabb
10-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Trainers and Elite 4, sure, but I'm talking about real competition like other humans.

I liked, bought and finished Pokémon before it became popular

As did I, although it did rise to fame a bit faster in the UK.
My choice was "Bulbasaur".

SamNMax
10-15-2002, 05:42 PM

I liked, bought and finished Pokémon before it became popular (it took about a month or so for it to really resonate with America) so I'm exempt from all mockery. It's not my fault it became a huge marketing machine.

I could beat anyone in my school, and I wouldn't doubt it. I've beaten everyone I know at least once.

SamNMax
10-15-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by scabb

As did I, although it did rise to fame a bit faster in the UK.
My choice was "Bulbasaur".

I agree. Bulbasur was the best to pick because the first gym leader had rock pokemon.

SamNMax
10-15-2002, 05:47 PM
I didn't start before it was popular, (the horrific TV show made the thing popular) but I liked it when the cars were in. When the cards came to me so did the money!

elTee
10-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Ant and Dec made it really really popular by taking the piss out of it on SM:TV live before each episode of the cartoon. Remember they used to fight each other poke-style.

Hellbeard
10-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SamNMax
Myteam in Pokemon Yellow:

Mewtwo Level 100
Articuno Level 99
Zapdos Level 98
Picachu (:p ) Level 97
Moltress Level 78 (Don't use him much)
My current favorite in training Pokemon Dragonite Level 61
Man you suck don't ya!?

Hellbeard
10-15-2002, 10:03 PM
My Team, It is tested and Perfect! Its only weakness is ground types, but even that can be beaten!

NidoKing (A.K.A Thrasher) Lvl. 100

Blizzard
Surf
Thrash
Earthquake

Hitmon Chan (A.K.A. Mike Tyson) Lvl 100

Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Agility

Gyrados (A.K.A. Nessy) Lvl 100

Thunder
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam

Jolteon (A.K.A. ThunderKat) Lvl 100

Thunder
Pin Missle
Hyper Beam
Agility

Alakazam (A.K.A. Psyco) Lvl 100

Psycic
Recover
Hyper Beam
Thunder

Charizard (A.K.A. Toasty) Lvl 100

Fire Blast
Hyper Beam
Earth Quake
Fire Spin

SamNMax
10-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Yeah, yeah, blame it on the guy who has level 90 pokemon. I only have one level 100 Pokemon. I guess I should push my team. But I'm really sick of fighting the Elite 4 1,000 times for 1 level.

Hellbeard
10-17-2002, 05:49 PM
It wasn't that they were low level, you just had a crappy pick of monsters!

SamNMax
10-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Why?

SamNMax
10-17-2002, 05:53 PM
I don't really care. These are my favorite pokemon. When I boost up my Dragonite, I will be unbreakable!

Hellbeard
10-17-2002, 06:00 PM
Nope, even if all your monsters were level 100 I would still woop you! Notice how a lot of my monsters have Ice moves? That is for wooping dragon Ass!

scabb
10-17-2002, 09:34 PM
So, Hellbread, your team is undefeatable?
Well, Mewtwo is the best Pokemon in the game, right?
What if I were to have the same team - except - replace "Alakazam" with "Mewtwo"

THEN I WUD KIKC YOR ASSS

Hellbeard
10-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Actually, My team origianlly had Mewtwo instead of Alakazam, but I decided that it wouldn't be much different so I changed it to Alakazam because I liked him better.

btw, even if You sicked Mewtwo on me, I could just wipe him out using Jolteon and Pin-Missle!

SamNMax
10-18-2002, 05:44 PM
I don't care if any of you would kick my ass. I wouldn't even be able to face any of you. All that matters is that I can kick the ass of everybody I know!

SamNMax
10-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Team moves:

Mewtwo: Double edge (weak, but can't replace it)
Phyicic
Strenth
Sismic toss (Same as double edge)

Articouno: Razor wind
Fly
Ice beam
Blizzard

Zapdos: Fly
Drill peck
Thunder
Sky attack

Pickachu: Flash (Good defence move but I would replace it if I could)
Mega punch
Thunder
Thunderbolt

Molltress: Fly
Fire spin
Fire blast
Sky attack

Dragonite: Dragon rage
strenth
Hyper Beam
Surf

Hellbeard
10-19-2002, 12:43 PM
SNM, I was wrong to say I could beat you. Your pokemon team is 100 times better than Mine. My pokemon team is a Failure and So am I. You are the best pokemon player in the world, and I'm the worst, because I am a worthless piece of poo.

Sincerly,
Hell J. Beard

SamNMax
10-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh, don't be like that. *Hands Hellbeard a grog*

Hellbeard
10-19-2002, 08:49 PM
*Drinks Grog*

Ok, rather than insulting your Pokemon team, I am going to help you improve it.

The Rules To Making a Good Poke-Team

1. Varity- Make sure you don't have a team of all the same type of Pokemon, or else all you monsters will have the same weakness's, thus making it easier to wipe you out with a single pokemon.

ie: You have the 3 birds, thus meaning they all have the same weaknesses of bird monsters.

2. Make your pokemon strong against their weaknesses- Make sure you give your pokemon moves that can beat their weaknesses, or at least give them a powerful move Like Hyperbeam, which can beat a lot of monsters with ease.

3. Like Your Pick Of Pokemon- Make sure that you like the pokemon on your team. If you have a team of all the best pokemon, but you hate them in paticular, you will not want to try to make them the best they can be!

4. Lots-o-speed- Make sure you make your pokemon's speed stat can be raised, because if you have a higher speed than your opposing pokemon, you will be able to attack them first, thus giving you an imiddiate advantage!

5. Share the Love- Make sure that you pay equal attention to all the pokemon on your team, that way, if your best pokemon is knocked out, you have another tough pokemon to back up on.

6. Pyshic Pokemon- Make sure that you have a tough pyshic pokemon on your team, because Pyshic pokemon have very little weaknesses, so they are pretty tough to beat!

mercatfat
10-19-2002, 09:32 PM
Speedy psychic Pokemon were practically invincible until Gold and Silver made anti-psychic Pokemon.

Hellbeard
10-20-2002, 12:04 PM
Yeah, Psyhic pokemon's weakness's are ghost (all part poison), and bug (all really crappy moves). My only way to beat a psyhic pkemon with ease is to use Jolteon and Pin-Missle!

SamNMax
10-20-2002, 02:31 PM
My little babys are groing up! My Articouno, Zapdos, and Picachu are at 100 now! Once Molltress and Dragonite get there, everyone will fear the name of SamNMax!

SamNMax
10-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Yeah, Psyhic pokemon's weakness's are ghost (all part poison), and bug (all really crappy moves). My only way to beat a psyhic pkemon with ease is to use Jolteon and Pin-Missle!

Pyhic Pokemon are also weakend by psyhic moves. (Really same as ghost, though). The only way I can beat pyhic pokemon with ease is with Mewtwo's syhic.

SamNMax
10-20-2002, 06:09 PM
*Drinks Grog*

Ok, rather than insulting your Pokemon team, I am going to help you improve it.

The Rules To Making a Good Poke-Team

1. Varity- Make sure you don't have a team of all the same type of Pokemon, or else all you monsters will have the same weakness's, thus making it easier to wipe you out with a single pokemon.

ie: You have the 3 birds, thus meaning they all have the same weaknesses of bird monsters.

2. Make your pokemon strong against their weaknesses- Make sure you give your pokemon moves that can beat their weaknesses, or at least give them a powerful move Like Hyperbeam, which can beat a lot of monsters with ease.

3. Like Your Pick Of Pokemon- Make sure that you like the pokemon on your team. If you have a team of all the best pokemon, but you hate them in paticular, you will not want to try to make them the best they can be!

4. Lots-o-speed- Make sure you make your pokemon's speed stat can be raised, because if you have a higher speed than your opposing pokemon, you will be able to attack them first, thus giving you an imiddiate advantage!

5. Share the Love- Make sure that you pay equal attention to all the pokemon on your team, that way, if your best pokemon is knocked out, you have another tough pokemon to back up on.

6. Pyshic Pokemon- Make sure that you have a tough pyshic pokemon on your team, because Pyshic pokemon have very little weaknesses, so they are pretty tough to beat!

Hmmm. *Pulls out Gamboy Advanced.* Looks like I got all the traits. I'm a better trainer than I thought.

Acrylic
10-20-2002, 10:19 PM
no more about the pokemon! thats a part of my past, i dont like it anymore!!!!

Hellbeard
10-20-2002, 10:37 PM
If we want to keep on talking about pokemon, then we can talk about pokemon. You can't control what we are talking about unless you have administrative powers!

Acrylic
10-20-2002, 10:39 PM
Jeez, ur starting to sound like a 5 yr old, I jsut hate Pokemon so much, I regret the days I used to like them, its so sad.....I still kept the holographic cards tho, cuz they're shiny.

Hellbeard
10-20-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah, well a kid your age should be playing GTA3. Its a dirty, dirty game! It will burn your eyes!

Acrylic
10-20-2002, 10:45 PM
i really like GTA3 and i find nothing dirty about it really, except for violence and to me, mild language. And I'm proud to be 13!

Hellbeard
10-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, it is rated M for mature, which isn't you (nor me for that matter, I am rather imature), So you shouldn't play it! I don't don't think you can handle the content if you can't even handle PokeMon! Tell me the truth. Have your parents ever sat down and played or wathed you play that game!

Acrylic
10-20-2002, 10:56 PM
yep, infact my dad has........he thought it was sooooooo funy......in some ways.....when blowing up cars and stuff, and im anxiously awaitng vice city.

Hellbeard
10-20-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry I was being so mean, just I don't like it when people Diss pokemon. Pokemon is easily one of the best gameboy games ever made!

Kjřlen
10-21-2002, 07:48 PM
quit f***ing insulting people! what has us americans done to you as a country! shoot, nothing! u insult and swear to much...mostly spam call people fools, thats not nice

Accually a lot, Americans happen to us Canadians in jokes, which I think is very uncalled for. Besides, sinse when have you been proud to be an American? You just said today something along the lines of "American's are stupid" or something.

Jeez, ur starting to sound like a 5 yr old, I jsut hate Pokemon so much, I regret the days I used to like them, its so sad.....I still kept the holographic cards tho, cuz they're shiny.

Um... there is the option not to participate in threads you don't like....

Hellbeard
10-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Thank You For Defending Me Koj! Thank You very much!

Acrylic
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Kjřlen

Besides, sinse when have you been proud to be an American? You just said today something along the lines of "American's are stupid" or something.

I never said I wasnt proud, I'm just proud to be Yugoslavian more than American, I like being Americn, but being Yugoslavian makes me feel happier because, its such a part of me.

Acrylic
10-21-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry I was being so mean, just I don't like it when people Diss pokemon. Pokemon is easily one of the best gameboy games ever made!

I'm now an official Pokemon disser :D, but yea, the game was good, but it be a part of me past.......

Hellbeard
10-21-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey, What custom status are you supposed to have when you hit 700 posts?

Acrylic
10-21-2002, 09:53 PM
It wont be Custom,but maybe it will stay 3 headed monkey, i dunno?????????

Kjřlen
10-21-2002, 10:09 PM
AC - *coughdoublepostcough* :)

Anyways, in MixnMojo it's different then the rest of the forums, it varies.... On EscapeMI the last status is at 500 but here.... who knows? BTW - Is Hellbeard really On probation or is that just the status?

Hellbeard
10-21-2002, 10:34 PM
I'm on probation because everyone got pissed at me and Jake Be me!

SamNMax
10-22-2002, 05:45 PM

I agree Pokemon was the most brillint game ever made on Gamboy! It was the TV show that made the thing so damn hatefull and annoying.

SamNMax
10-22-2002, 05:47 PM
yep, infact my dad has........he thought it was sooooooo funy......in some ways.....when blowing up cars and stuff, and im anxiously awaitng vice city.

Okay. We'll go back on topic.

Mentat88
03-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Oh, jesus christ!! Hell-BREAD's on the loose again!

He's infecting the LucasForums with his h0m4x-ness and h0m053xu4l1t33.

Once again Hell-BREAD, you jump to stupid conclusions which are about as outrageous as your nick.

I'll bet you're about 5 years old aren't ya?? You sound like it
most of the time :D

scabb
03-27-2003, 07:24 AM
I don't know who you are, but please don't resurrect 5 month olds threads.