PDA

View Full Version : double trigger

acewombat
10-14-2002, 03:56 PM
How can I make a trigger that spawns all the entities in a room instead of creating a trigger for every NPC in that room. Do I just give all the entities in the room the same targetname, I figured that wasn't the case though because I assumed there was no way for the compiler to distinguish between them. Or does it matter?

Blaster
10-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Create 1 trigger and make it a trigger once. Then select it and select an npc. Then press ctrl and K. Then from that npc link the next one using ctrl and K to another npc and keep doing it until all your NPCs are connected to each other.

Hope this helps.

Leslie Judge
10-14-2002, 04:58 PM
I gave the same targetname to all NPCs in the room and used a trigger once and it worked fine.

I think connecting something AFTER an NPC will be fired when that NPC dies.

idontlikegeorge
10-15-2002, 01:48 AM
yeah i was testing this, i just selected the trigger first, then a bunch of npcs, then pressed crtl-k, and it works

lassev
10-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Although it may be out of the scope of this guestion, it's still worth mentioning that NPCs with the same targetname can have different NPC_targetnames. What comes to the same targetname, we all know that one stormtrooper is quite as stupid as the next in the row, so why distinguish between them (a lousy joke...).