PDA

View Full Version : music problem

abubika
10-16-2002, 01:02 PM
i have read every tut i can get my hands on about how to add music to your level...and still i cannot get it to work....somone please tell me what im doing wrong.

ok....i added my filename.mp3 to gamedata\base\music

i open radiant and go to the worldspawn entity

for key i put "music"
for value i put "music\filename.mp3

i also tried (in the value spot) the full path...a partial path starting from game data

somone please let me know what im doing wrong....thanks all
abubika\abubika@msn.com

WhiteShdw
10-16-2002, 02:17 PM
Don't put your music file in the base music directory. Create your own directory in the music directory. For example "base/music/abubika".

MuRaSaMuNe
10-16-2002, 03:08 PM
On that note....... if you compile a single player map, how do you put music in it?.... This is for compiling..... For the mp map it worked fine... for the single player one it didn't do anything. I made a folder called "music" and one inside called "rage" and put the mp3 in there.... This is all in the folder I use with winzip to compile the pk3. :confused: Sorry for stealing your thread but I'm stumped here :(

Leslie Judge
10-16-2002, 04:36 PM
Erm... the mp3s have to be in a specific format. I'm not sure I can remember, but I AM sure there are a couple of guys here who know it. :)

They have to be 44.1 kHz and stereo I guess.

abubika
10-16-2002, 06:30 PM
it is a single player map if it makes a differnce....

it is 44hz
i tried music\mymap\filename.mp3
i even tried it with a wav file (i converted it of course)
the error message im getting is"unable to find music"...path\filename

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh its driving my nukin futz

MuRaSaMuNe
10-28-2002, 03:33 PM
How do you check/change the hz? anyone know ? :confused:

MuRaSaMuNe
10-28-2002, 03:38 PM
How do you check/change the hz? anyone know ? :confused:

WhiteShdw
10-28-2002, 05:32 PM
use "/" instead of "\" in your paths. That's probably why it's not working.

Eldritch
10-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by WhiteShdw
use "/" instead of "\" in your paths. That's probably why it's not working.

Actually, i'm using the latest version of GtK Radiant and if I type "/" instead of "\" it will give me the invalid path error and won't play my music. It's possible this is just a bug of GtK though.
What editor are you using?

WhiteShdw
10-28-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

Actually, i'm using the latest version of GtK Radiant and if I type "/" instead of "\" it will give me the invalid path error and won't play my music. It's possible this is just a bug of GtK though.
What editor are you using?

Well then the path is just wrong. I just checked my map in GTK and it uses "/" in all the path's. Stop confusing me, dammit ;).

Eldritch
10-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Not trying to confuse you, but all I did was change the path from "/" to "\", and didn't change anything else, and the music worked. I guess I'm just an isolated case. :D

MuRaSaMuNe
10-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Its 44.1hz... Ugh! So stumped Im using jk2rad btw ;) Ill try the / thang and I used \

MuRaSaMuNe
10-28-2002, 11:00 PM
no worky :P :(