PDA

View Full Version : Cantina Music / Ambient Sound

AKPiggott
10-17-2002, 05:57 AM
I've got some cantina music that I want to put into my SP level but I am not sure how to implement it.

Basically I want it to be played from a specific source in the level and as you get closer to that source, the music gets louder. Can anyone brief me through how to do this?

Tigris
10-17-2002, 01:38 PM
1. Leave it as a .mp3-file, then create a target_speaker-
2. Insert the following keys:
noise : sound/yoursound.mp3
wait : 1
Now just click the looped_on button and you should have created a source of sound.

AKPiggott
10-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Nice one, thanks.

I've managed to get someone to custom-make all the cantina music in my level for me. Which is excellent, I'm tired of hearing the same cantina tunes in multiple JK/MotS/JO levels.

AKPiggott
10-24-2002, 07:16 PM
Is there any way of changing the volume of these ambient target speakers? I put down one to play outdoor street ambience, but when I go back indoors, I can still hear it. If there is a volume key to it, what is the default volume? So that I have some sort of guideline.

WhiteShdw
10-25-2002, 02:21 PM
yeah, those things are pretty loud. It would be nice if you could add a radius value or something. But i don't think it's possible. The only thing you can do is change the volume of the file you're using. At least, that's what I think.

AKPiggott
10-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Eck! that's annoying, but these things can be triggered on and off can't they? I'll have to stick a load of triggers down.

Emon
10-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Take a look at the ICARUS scripts used in JO's Nar cantina. You can even shoot the speakers and put the sound out.

AKPiggott
10-27-2002, 09:57 AM
I decided to do it with triggers that have defined soundsets, it works perfectly!

Emon
10-27-2002, 10:32 PM
Coolness.

Hey AK, why aren't you in #Britstorm on irc.holonet.org ever? You should go there if you can, cool channel. I also need you to be there so you can help me with a storyline for my SP level. ;)