PDA

View Full Version : How did you come up with your name???

Taos
10-17-2002, 07:25 PM
I've been wanting to do this one for a while and I'm sure it has been done before.......

How did you guys (and Lexx) come up with your names????

I came up with mine by just trying to think of a good jedi name, I thought it was kinda cool sounding.....

So tell me, please!!

;)

Tyrion
10-17-2002, 07:27 PM
A elven prince in warhammer is from my name.

*NOTE* this was before the Asbath and Bloodriot Tyrion model,nor was it from that Book of Fire and Ice crap...

Boba Rhett
10-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Awesome SW character: Boba Fett

Name: Rhett

Rhett sounds like Fett so here we are.

Tyrion
10-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Your names Rhett?

Sweet,I have a cousin named Rhett too....

Dath Maximus
10-17-2002, 07:36 PM
mine was gonna be Darth Maximus, but i cant spell darth so its dath.

as for maximus, its a cool name

Darklighter
10-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Mine is very appropriate to Star Wars too lol...

Darklighter is derived from the character Bigg's Darklighter, from A New Hope...as for Darky, well, it's simply an abbreviation:Dhehe

Clem
10-17-2002, 08:12 PM
short for my surname

and Clem wasnt available (been a month yet rhett?)

so i got Darth Clem

MysticSpade
10-17-2002, 08:17 PM
mine's very simple
Mystic.................Gohan
Spade......................my nickname
so i just mixed the 2 and got MysticSpade

leXX
10-17-2002, 08:21 PM
yeah, there was an 'origin of my name' thread a while back.

leXX = the female

'le' being French for 'the', 'XX' being the 'female chromosone'. I know the proper way should be 'la', as that is the feminine side of 'the', but laXX sounds like laxitive and leXX sounds cool so I went with it. Redwing has since kindly pointed out that in french, chromosone is masculine so the article 'le' actually holds up. So there we go.

:D

JandoFett1842
10-17-2002, 08:29 PM
JandoFett1842

JandoFett = Obviously Jango Fett
1842 = Old Girl Friends last 4 digits in phone number

-s/<itzo-
10-17-2002, 08:30 PM
L. BURNA

L ( joint, blunt, dutch ) Burna ( smoker )

go figure

BigTeddyPaul
10-17-2002, 08:37 PM
I like to hug people and I am a big guy (not fat. I get asked that all the time). Anyways girls/women tell me they always feel comfortable n my arms like I am a big real life teddy bear and my first name is Paul so BigTeddyPaul was born. Quite simple.

BigTeddyPaul

gorganfloss
10-17-2002, 08:41 PM
My name comes from my first interpretation of one of the things the genie from The Sims: Livin' Large says.

Sivy
10-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Sivy is my nickname
B is the first initial of my surname

Reb Starblazer
10-17-2002, 08:50 PM
I'm sure I've posted this before, but here we go again...

I've had this handle forever. I first used it when Jedi Knight came out, well, the three I used were Reb Starblazer, Darth Malice, and Darth Strife... but I digress. In order to create "Reb", I took my first name, Robert, reversed it to make Trebor, and dropped the last two letters to make Treb. Then I dropped the T because I found that Reb had a more distinct ring to it. Then I realised why it sounded so much better. Reb was the name of the captain of the Deepwater Black, from a television show of the same name (it was also called Mission Genesis in other areas for some reason), and I stuck with it.

Starblazer came from the Flash Gordon television series. The name of Flash's ship was "The Starblazer", and I really like the sound of it. It had a very Star Wars-esque flair to it, so I combined the two, and thus, Reb Starblazer was formed:D
People have told me that it really sounds like an actual Star Wars name, and I take that as a compliment:)

BTW, I'm really not good at writing short replies;)

obi
10-17-2002, 08:58 PM
hmmmm

I grabbed Obi-wan and smacked a "13" on it.

I picked 13 because it is one of those magical numbers, and i was 13 at the time I joined. (Not anymore, mind you)

ET Warrior
10-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Well, back when i was palying tribes 1 my handle was Sith_Warior, because Sith_Warrior was taken (note the one R in my name) But that was very un-original, so i had to come up with a new one. I was supplied it by a friend of mine who decided that I look just like ET from movie of same name (I really dont..but he's a strange friend) And so the nickname kind of stuck. Therfore i combined old and new to create ET Warrior.

I put in the right amount of R's in the warrior part because nobody else was ET Warrior, so i took it.

Marth
10-17-2002, 09:03 PM
I got my name from Super Smash Bros melee ;)

Darth Homer
10-17-2002, 09:05 PM
I actually was trying to find a name that wasn't taken, saw the Darth Homer Avatar, picked the name, slapped on the avatar and here I am...simple wasn't it?

Ratmjedi
10-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Well mine is simple

Ratm= Rage Against The Machine

Jedi= Because I wished I was a Jedi and it has to do with Star Wars.

I used this before I came here so I just stick with it.
:lsduel: :duel:

Guardian Omega
10-17-2002, 09:06 PM
Well my trend started on Diablo II, where I began the omega "names". (Aka, Holy Omega, TheDarkOmega, etc...) Then I came up with Guardian Omega, aka Last Guardian.......

Arreat
10-17-2002, 09:35 PM
mines is pretty obvious but if u dunno how i got it well its from da simpsons episode when homer becomes a body gaurd for da mayor :D

Jah Warrior
10-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Jah warrior is a name i came up with back when i played UT (that was long ago)

Jah is the rasta god and well, I'm his warrior.

I'm Jamaican born so there's the logic for ya but I'm far from being a rastafarian. I tend to agree far more with the buddhist philosophy.

Bilbo Skywalker
10-17-2002, 10:30 PM
I really don't think mine needs any explaining...

...does it?

Psionic Jedi
10-17-2002, 10:32 PM
My Battle.net StarCraft screename....

I thought how much Zealots look like Jedi with their Psiblades and such, and their discipline is alot like those practiced by the Jedi I guess. So I combined the name of their Psychic power and Jedi to form Psionic Jedi.

My other screen name on CS is _}akusotsu, in Japanese it means "cowardly warrior".

Wes Marrakesh
10-17-2002, 10:50 PM
My name...

Well, when I was 7 or 8, me and my best friend came up with a game. It was basically an RPG, based heavily on JK1 where we acted the roles out and stuff.

Well, I decided my character needed a name other than 9t99 (duh :lol: ), so I did a synthesis:
Wes: From Wes Janson, late Rogue Squadron gunner and pilot. I later decided to make it short for Wesley (not my real name BTW).
Marra: Mara Jade. I later added an r to try to fix people's pronunciation. It's Mar-rah, not Mer-ra.
Kesh: I really don't know :D

I've used that ever since I found it in by drawings folder written on a piece of card envelope.

TheMadDoofer
10-17-2002, 10:54 PM
I got mine from an old "Garfield" comic when Garfield was throwing snowballs at people.

gorganfloss
10-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Hey Mad, isnt ur av from a B&W 2 wallpaper?

TheMadDoofer
10-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I just cropped it and added some text. I really like the expression on the chicken, so I decided to use it.:D

Btw: It's from Creature Isle, not Black and White 2

Jed
10-17-2002, 11:39 PM
I wanted a name with Jedi, and I looked at the time. 2:20 AM.

An era was born on that day.

Wes Marrakesh
10-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Oh, BTW... Tyrion, do you play Warhammer or 40k? Does my Av look familiar? :D

gorganfloss
10-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TheMadDoofer

Btw: It's from Creature Isle, not Black and White 2

Duh!
I get the two confused sometimes.

And Wes, ur avatar has one of those Trooper dudes. I forget what theyre called.

Jedi_Monk
10-18-2002, 01:59 AM
On the boards at www.wheeloftime.com my username is Young_Grim; that name comes from a nickname for the Dark One in Wheel of Time, which is Old Grim. I like to keep kind of a theme through my names (99% of the names I have on AOL have "Sky" in them), and so while I was trying to figure out a name for here, I knew I wanted it to be similar to my name on the WoT boards. So, I thought of Jedi, of course, and I'm religious and I've been arguing with people about the Jedi Order being a religion for a long time... I think Jedi have some similarity with Catholic monks (I'm Catholic) so Jedi_Monk.

BTW, I don't go through all this elimination and sampling for coming up with characters for my SW fan fic, like some of you guys do... I hang out in chatrooms a lot, so most of the names I've been giving my fan fic characters stem from typoes I've seen and recorded ;)

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

GonkH8er
10-18-2002, 02:28 AM
Gonks- power droids from SW.... those boxes with feet from jk1 and 2 that walk round going "gonk gonk".... piss me off to no end

H8er- Hater- I hate them...

Last time we had a thread like this Mike Gummelt from raven popped by and posted this for me.

http://www.jediknightii.net/_gonk/GonkH8er.jpg

let's see if we can lure more raven employees.... :D

Tyrion
10-18-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh
Oh, BTW... Tyrion, do you play Warhammer or 40k? Does my Av look familiar? :D

Yep..Dark Angels...I play them too actually..

Oh yeah..my name..um I never played warhammer, but when I saw that name in White Dwarf,it clicked with me:D

Elijah
10-18-2002, 03:48 AM
I used to make programs in VB and my nickname was ZX... i did some staff work for a local kids camp and they wanted me to use an animal name... so i picked Dog,then Dogg then Dawg... when i got home i sat down to my ZX nickname and wanted a change... i'm now ZDawg :D

thehomicidalegg
10-18-2002, 04:02 AM
i just wanted to make some stupid name for some game, and this one kind of stuck.

.:Silver:.
10-18-2002, 04:33 AM
When the bad guys come and can't be stopped, a little silver usually does the trick.

BCanr2d2
10-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Mine was one I wanted to use since I hoped no one would have the combo.

BCan is the initial of my first name, and the first three letters of my last, and R2D2 was an easy one to add onto the end, to remember as a hint for my password......

Pad
10-18-2002, 09:01 AM
for those who dont know, my name contains two sw characters.
do i need to explain more?

STTCT
10-18-2002, 09:07 AM
i think everyone has wondered what my name is...I wish i had something more creative and meaningful so don't be dissapointed..

ITs all my pets names!

ST: My boyfriend Scott and his last name
T: Toby my white pomeranian dog
C: Cuby my Yorkshire Terrior dog at my parents
T: Tinker my old dog to commemorate her

Before that my name was Surfnshannon cuz I'm into watersports

Kstar__2
10-18-2002, 09:41 AM
well, my first name is Kilian, as an internet- surname i came up witch starmaker, so it became Kilian Starmaker, than i had to short it, it became KStar, on the zone, the name was already taken, so i made it kstar2, than that account got lost, so i made it kstar_2, and that account also got lost, so i made it KStar__2, great isn't it:D

FatalStrike
10-18-2002, 10:33 AM
My name has too parts and they both came from Futbol.

I played futbl for about 16 years and I always played at the forward position, otherwise known as the "stiker."

Well once we were practicing and we had two goalies and the coach couldn't decide who to start. So he told us to play a mixed game with the JV team and he would see which handled himself better. Well it was 0 to 0 and almost time to head him when I hit the goalie in the face with a shot knocking him backwards and then following up the shot for a goal.

He lost the starting spot and had a swollen face.

He told me later while having some chemical entertainment "that was a fatal shot to me, man, couldn't you have played defense for once!" - it made us all laugh for like 10 minutes.

Fatal = Striker
FatalStrike

tada!!!

I also go by DaRKiguANA - don't ask.

ZBomber
10-18-2002, 10:36 AM
ZBomber:

Z = Zelda
Bomber = Group/Gang people in Majora's Mask for N64. This name was orignially for my Zelda site, but I've used it everywhere since then. :)

PhantomHelix
10-18-2002, 10:45 AM
*shakes fist at Leemu Taos* DAMN YOU! ARGH! :lol: im just kiddin....but this is annoying. i was planning on posting this EXACT THREAD last night, but my comp froze and my dad wanted me off..........DARN YOU!

Well, Phantom827 is kinda simple...

Phantom is the callsign i have used in every game ive ever owned (dunno, just sounds cool for a pilot or trooper or w/e)
and 827 is the number that my friend and i always used to use for emails and screennames and stuff (ie: drgn827 at massassi.net, mhl827 at AIM, umpah827, etc...)

and PhantomHelix is cool too. Phantom is phantom (duh) and helix comes from a song. if you have ever heard the remix of High Voltage on REANIMATION by linkin Park, he says "i twist my cords in double helixes and show em what im made of". so i looked up helix in the dictionary, and it said "a mysterious symbol" or somethin like that, so i put Phantom and Helix together to get PhantomHelix.

also, for my website, the title is Phantom Helix Productions, which, cooly enough, turns out to be abbreviated as PHP (no its not intentional, i swear. i didnt see that until days later.). so theres my story.....

TiE23
10-18-2002, 12:39 PM
I liked shooting down Tie fighters in Rouge Leader, so I put Tie, but it was already used, Then Tie 23, (it kinda rimed(sp)) :p :D

Jedi_Monk
10-18-2002, 01:51 PM
for those who dont know, my name contains two sw characters.
do i need to explain more?
Huh... I always thought it was a reference to Padme and Japanimation (anime)... oh well, ya learn something new every day... ;)

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Padanime.jpg

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

The Truthful Liar
10-18-2002, 02:05 PM
I've had the name AB_Legion since 1998 and I originally came here to recruit players. So I kept it. ; )

Later on however, I had the inspiration (almost one year ago) to create a new name (an editing name if you will, rather my gaming name). After some periods of deep thinking "Truthful Liar" suddenly just clicked and I've had that as my other alias ever since. :cool:

SkinWalker
10-18-2002, 02:28 PM
I've always held a fascination with Native American tradition and ceremonies, in fact, I "bought" the rite for pouring a Sweat Ceremony and have poured a couple dozen or so (try Google: "sweat ceremony" for more info).

SkinWalker is based on the Navajo legend where a Navajo "witch" can take on the form of other animals, people, etc. (usually a coyote). The name is similar to SkyWalker, and since I was using this handle already, I thought it appropriate for Jedi Knight.

Even more so, after I quickly discovered how to switch skins with a bind so I can use another character's taunt! I usually stick to the Red Stormie, but switch to Lando to say "Woooohoooo!"

I think I'm also the only Lucasforums member to use a Native American theme in Avatars.... wish there were more though.

We can start a tribe... take our land back from the White Eyes (in CTF games <grin>).

I want to hear how Living Sacrifice got his name! Cjais, where you at Bro'?

And LeXX... here all this time I thought your name had to be Alexis or Alexandra or .... :p

Cheers!
SkinWalker

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctfeagans/skinsig.jpg

Stormcrow
10-18-2002, 02:34 PM
In Tolkien's The Two Towers, Gandalf is referred to as 'Gandalf Stormcrow' by King Theoden of Rohan.

Histys-History
10-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Suspect = Thought of a prisioner on T.V..
#3 = Heh i thought, i am the third suspect (Dont ask!)

ckcsaber
10-18-2002, 05:14 PM
Before I used to take fencing and loved it. I became obsessed with swords and my favorite type is the sabre. But since I love star wars and the lightsaber is the coolest weapon of all I added my initials ckc to saber

Voila ckcsaber

Taos
10-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
*shakes fist at Leemu Taos* DAMN YOU! ARGH! :lol: im just kiddin....but this is annoying. i was planning on posting this EXACT THREAD last night, but my comp froze and my dad wanted me off..........DARN YOU!

Heeeyyyy, sorry to steal it from you man.......:(

*not really* :giggle1:

:rofl:

Thank you all for your answers.....I have learned a lot about each of you!! :cheers:

ZBomber
10-18-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Heeeyyyy, sorry to steal it from you man.......:(

*not really* :giggle1:

Thank you all for your answers.....I have learned a lot about each of you!! :cheers:

no you haven't! YOU LIE! Lier! hisssss

sorry, I'm kinda hiper....... :D

Alot of you have interesting ways for your name.....

Darklighter
10-18-2002, 09:34 PM
You can't really tell a lot from a name lol...my choice was spur of the moment, I didn't think, just wrote the name and here I am still with it and happy half a year later:Dlol

Phizzle
10-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Well, I was up late one night, and suddenly a panther jumped across my screen! I was like "WOAH!". Then a green filled the screen and it started twirling with the panther. I whispered to myself "Greenpanther...."

Taos
10-18-2002, 10:02 PM
what I was saying was that I learned a lot more than the little I had alread known......

it still isn't very much.........I'm not saying I know all about everyone......

very interesting stuff though...:D

Matt-Liell
10-18-2002, 10:27 PM
a made a wooden lightsaber a made a background story about the first jedi, his name was Yadu!

TheWhiteRaider
10-18-2002, 10:48 PM
My name I got when I played Age of empires on the zone. It was just something I came up with.

darthfergie
10-19-2002, 01:10 AM
This is a big suprise to most of you...I know. But I'm a Star wars fan...and my last name is Ferguson...my nickname is Fergie...and somehow somebody connected them and I was called darthfergie...and...TAHDAH! a name was made.;)

Taos
10-19-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie
This is a big suprise to most of you...I know. But I'm a Star wars fan...and my last name is Ferguson...my nickname is Fergie...and somehow somebody connected them and I was called darthfergie...and...TAHDAH! a name was made.;)

Aw c'mon.........big star wars fan???? 'Round here?? No frickkin' way man!!!! ;) j/k

NamelessSith
10-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Mine is easy, too. I have NO name, and I'm a sith. ::Gasp:: That must be hard for everyone to grasp, but I think you can do it!

Darth Groovy
10-20-2002, 08:23 AM
Mine is the hell spawn of a long weekend in 1993 of alcohol Mixed with the Evil Dead Trilogy, followed by the Star Wars Trilogy. The word "Groovy" is a signature catch phrase from the main hero of Evil Dead; "Ash" (portrayed by actor Bruce Campbell). Since then it has evolved into my actual nick name. Yes, some poeple I know call me that in real life.

Gonks- power droids from SW.... those boxes with feet from jk1 and 2 that walk round going "gonk gonk".... piss me off to no end Sorry if this has already been answered, but exactly why do you hate Gonks so much? They are harmless power droids. :(

DiRtY $oUtH™
10-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Ok. my name was simple. I prefer the dark side to the light. Thats where the Darth comes from. Then my favorite character of all time is Yoda. Thats Darth Yoda correct? Well, it was taken. So i put 85, the year i was born.

Kstar__2
10-20-2002, 09:01 AM
i thing i don't understand, you like the dark side the best, but your fav caracter is yoda?:confused:

Clemme w/Stick
10-20-2002, 09:26 AM
I simply just took my online gaming name...!

-Clemme

Antiheroes
10-20-2002, 02:03 PM
i just took the name of a band. easy enough!
Unfortunatley the band i loved "Antiheroes" are no more :(
so i keep the spirit alive, j/k

DiRtY $oUtH™
10-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by kstar__2:
i thing i don't understand, you like the dark side the best, but your fav caracter is yoda?:confused:

Well, I like the Dark Side, but I admire Yoda and he's also the strongest character in Star Wars period. Whether everyone agrees or not, its a fact. Remember that Yoda, at 900, was still stronger than Luke. And Luke beat Vader so, you do the math. Plus he was about to whoop Dooku.

ZBomber
10-20-2002, 03:38 PM
My name still owns you all, and I don't have to tell anyone, they just know to call me Z. Thats how special I am. :cool: :D

Goten583
10-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Goten- Fav DBZ character
583-some special number :rolleyes:

gorganfloss
10-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Goten583

583-some special number :rolleyes:

Is that your age?

Weapon X
10-20-2002, 11:47 PM
let the flaming begin:

i thought anakin was a badass in episode 2 so just piece it together and see what you come up with:P

Taos
10-21-2002, 02:29 AM
I do like the avatar........but when Anakin wasn't talkin', that's when I liked him.......when he was talkin' it's a different story........

The Seeker
10-21-2002, 02:52 AM
Well I got my first email address when I was 14 and I had just read and was enthralled with Mike Stackpoles X-Wing books, so made my email xwingpilot14@hotmail.com. From then on, 14 was like my number. Everything that I had a number, it was 14 by my choosing or not. Even my employee number at my first job happened to be 14. Then, I saw The Phantom Menace and for the first time, Jedi looked like I had always pictured (Despite the mediocre movie, that end lightsaber fight is still the best ever) so wanted a "jedi" address. JediKnight14 was taken, so I went with JediKnight_114@hotmail.com. From then on, all my screen names were JediKnight_114, so when I signed up here, hey, that's who I am.

Pvt_Dancer
10-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Im your private dancer... dancing for money... I'll do what you want me to do....

Sarlacc Food
10-21-2002, 06:27 PM
well... Nuron Serott is from the first clan i joined, so i had 2 get a sith name... so i found this one on the SW galaxies name generator.., Sarlacc-Food is from the bounty Hunters COMIC!!! dengars message 2 boba fett:
to: sarlacc food
blablablababalblabla
BuDDa is a god...

Enjoi9187
10-21-2002, 06:30 PM
well i got Enjoi because i USED to skateboard for diff flow teams and always wanted to get picked up by Enjoi (cause of mullen) but couldnt because they wouldnt tkae any AM's, so i was just sponsered by local skate shops, and soime bigger companys like shortys and stuff, but i stopped skating cause im 6'4 size 14 shoe, and i get paid by my school to play b-ball :) and ima freshman, so look for me in the NBA hopefully ;) (another reason i stopped was because i broke my back, and b-ball is too important to me so i realiszed actually how much strain s8ing puts on ur body)

C'jais
10-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Hmmm.... anyone wanna explain to me why some people put friggin' numbers in their name?

Always seemed a strange joke to me....

The Seeker
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Hmmm.... anyone wanna explain to me why some people put friggin' numbers in their name?

For me, it was because the original was taken: JediKnight or xwingpilot, so I did a number I could easily remember: 14, my age at the time, and the number just kind of stuck with me.

Jed
10-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Well, I've used the number 220 for a lot of things....I wanted a number, it makes it seem more unique to me... oh well.

Says the one known as Jedi220

Pedantic
10-22-2002, 12:47 AM
My name simply describes me. :D And I never put numbers in my names. ;)