PDA

View Full Version : 24 days to go!!!!!!!!!

leXX
10-18-2002, 07:51 PM
I can't take it anymore! It seems like I've been waiting forever. I swear it's driving me insane!!!!

:nut:

AOTC DVD of course! :rolleyes: :xp:

ckcsaber
10-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Hopefully it'll have the deleted scenes we've been waiting for

Ratmjedi
10-18-2002, 10:57 PM
I can't wait either. I've been broke for some time now. I haven't even bought The LOTR DVD yet. But I am definetly going to get AOTC DVD when it comes out. I don't know what I am going to do to get it but I am going to get it no matter what.
:duel: :lsduel:

ZBomber
10-18-2002, 11:40 PM
OOO! I... CAN'T... STAND IT! It will be sweet for new avatars. :)

Taos
10-19-2002, 03:50 AM
I have both LotR (4 disc) and AotC reserved @ my local sam goody for pick up on Nov 12!! :D I can't wait!!!! Is it really 24 days...........so sad :(

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-19-2002, 08:28 AM
I'm so glad I live in England: we get the DVD released on the 11th of November, and one of my freinds in America tells me 12th of November is your release date! 24 hours more viewing time for me! Hehe!

Anyway, I've already reserved a copy of the widescreen DVD to collect on the 11th of November from WHSmiths. I can't wait!

ET Warrior
10-19-2002, 10:33 AM
England huh? You wouldn't happen to be from Surrey wouldya?

Purple_Tentacle
10-19-2002, 11:30 AM
sif buy the non-widescreen DVD

why bother even making the non-widescreen DVD ?

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Surrey? No... I'm on the other side of London, in Norwich. Why do you ask, ET Warrior?

I hated my old Episode I VHS because half the screen was cut off either side! During the lightsaber duels, all you could see was Darth Maul doing some fancy footwork in the middle of the screen, with the sounds of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi coming from the sides of the frame. It was pathetic... not to mention the picture quality. Some places were all fuzzy, making Maul look like a teddy bear!

DVD's rule. If you don't own a DVD player, then buy one, for God's sake!

Taos
10-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Qui-Gon Jinn 64
Surrey? No... I'm on the other side of London, in Norwich.

Are you sure about that???

leXX
10-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that is one consellation at least! We get it a day before the States. They usually get everything before us so it makes a nice change. Not that it really matters to me though because I get Region 1 DVD's aswell as Region 2 so I get DVD's as soon as they are realeased in the States aswell! :D

Taos
10-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Well......that's not fair!!!!

;)

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-20-2002, 08:49 AM
I'm absolutely certain that I am not from Surrey! Why do people keep on asking me this question? I am from Norwich!

I am so happy that we get the Attack of the Clones DVD a day earlier than the States! A whole 24 hours more viewing time means I will probably be on here, telling all you poor Americans about the amazing extra features, deleted scenes and featurettes! Either that or I will simply watch it all over and over again for 24 hours, come on here and listen to all you Americans saying "I just got the DVD!".

ET Warrior
10-21-2002, 04:00 AM
Just give up QuiGon, we know you're from surrey so admit it, go ahead...we won't judge you.

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Would you please drop the Surrey thing? I can assure everyone here on LucasForums that I am from Norwich, and have only been to Surrey once to visit my grandfather there, but he died three years ago. I am living in Norwich now, as I always have been!

Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall in here...

Sarlacc Food
10-21-2002, 01:13 PM
ahh! ****! i dont think it will come out up here 11 november...

nothing does... we got ps2 like a year after USA!!!

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-21-2002, 01:45 PM
It will... after all, my WHSmith recipt tells me that the DVD I requested is available for collection from the 11th November, and I certainly requested "Episode II - Attack of the Clones"! Anyway PS2 games are another matter, they are released according to the amount of people who own a PS2, and America outdoes us in that department. The DVD is out here on the 11th November, trust me!

Hey, I'm a Jedi. I can't lie to you, it's against my oath thingy... I think... or is that Vulcans?

ET Warrior
10-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Don't get so upset just cuz we know that you are from surrey QuiGon, i'm from colorado, you're from surrey, it's okay.

ckcsaber
10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
You can't keep running from the truth Qui-Gon 64. It's okay we're here for you. Surrey's not that bad

Sivy
10-22-2002, 09:34 AM
I can't wait either :nuts:

november is such a great month, not only Ep II dvd but spider-man dvd, back to the future dvd, harry potter 2, minority report dvd, so excited!

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-22-2002, 03:00 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WITH YOU GUYS? WHY DO YOU THINK I'M FROM SURREY WHEN I HAVE TOLD YOU I'M FROM NORWICH? CAN'T YOU TAKE AN INNOCENT GUY AT HIS WORD?!?

Sorry to get annoyed, but it's not nice when someone pesters you for a long time over something you don't understand...

ET Warrior
10-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Ah, but you DO understand the reason....you've known it all along....you see, there is only one person who i know of who ALWAYS gets this agitated when asked questions about where he lives.......an old friend......

Taos
10-22-2002, 06:37 PM
:giggle1:

I think the cloud that has settled upon the darkside will soon be lifted!!!

:rofl:

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-23-2002, 12:41 PM
How would you like it, ET Warrior, if everytime you posted on this website people jump at you accusing you of being someone you are not? I don't understand why you think I am from Surrey, and I would ask if you could please leave me alone on the matter. Sure, I would love to chat about Star Wars, but not if you accuse me of being someone different/lying. ect.

And that goes for everyone else as well... I'm not usually this demanding, and it takes alot for me to become angry, but this is starting to wear a little thin... you have no proof that I am this "old friend" you refer to.

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Well... I have been dwelling on this matter for most of the afternoon/evening, and I have reached the only conclusion I can think of:

I have no choice but to accept your obvious hatred of new members to LucasForums. You only seem to get along with people with over 500-something posts, and that means I am not welcome here. Enjoy your chats with the 'veteran' users of LucasForums, people, because they won't last forever.

Goodbye.

ET Warrior
10-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Why do you even care if we think you're from surrey if you aren't? You'd just be all, eh, okay, think what you want, not get so defensive....but the fact of the matter is that you ARE holo-sid, like so many of his OTHER accounts......sorry, but your writing style is very obvious

Holo-Sidious
10-24-2002, 01:13 PM
This is a surprise for me... I return to the website to find new usernames being accused of being myself. Obviously my legacy is going strong...

Well well... if it isn't my old friend ET Warrior leading the attacks on the new people. I should have expected such behaviour from you. However, I will warn you of this: whoever Qui-Gon Jinn 64 is, he (or she) is not myself. I only ever use names from the dark side of the Force, the ruling powers in the galaxy, and the character of Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn was destroyed by my apprentice, Darth Maul. I would never use that name, image or signature as my own.

This proves the dark side has clouded your judgement, my old friend. Perhaps the light side is completely flawed after all... what did I tell you, all those months ago?

LONG LIVE DARTH SIDIOUS AND THE LEGACY OF THE SITH LORDS! :holosid:

Darth Kaan
10-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Got a brand new DVD player today. Waiting paitiently to purchase the dvd now! LOL!

ET Warrior
10-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Interesting that you promised to go away for three years....yet as soon as i accuse someone of being you you immediately show up again......coincidence?

Taos
10-26-2002, 01:58 AM
Coincidence???? Interesting question ET, hmmm..........I don't think so......:D

Darth Kann, glat to hear you finally got that DVD player!! ;)

Ratmjedi
10-26-2002, 09:24 PM
I think that we need to get a moderator over here and check his registration Ip's to see if it really is him or not.
:duel: :lsduel:

Taos
10-26-2002, 10:20 PM
I agree, I've been thinking about that for a while.

*looking for Rhett*

Purple_Tentacle
10-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Holo-Sidious, go back to Surrey.

Holo-Sidious
10-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Ah... technology is called upon to fight your battles. How very interesting indeed.

I promised to leave for three years in another thread: I never promised to keep out of the entire website, let alone ignore things this important. I do make a point of popping in from time to time, to check up on the events here. Finding this Qui-Gon Jinn 64 being attacked by the more respectable members was something far too major to ignore.

Moving swiftly on... check all you like: Qui-Gon Jinn 64 is not one of my identities. I cannot show you proof, give you solid evidence or even meet you face-to-face along with whoever Qui-Gon Jinn 64 is, so I understand if you do not believe what I have stated. However, you seemed to have scared him away from here, so it will no longer be an issue.

Diplomatic as always, ET Warrior...

:holosid:

ET Warrior
10-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Actually, you originally said you were leaving these forums forever when you first revealed all your wonderful identities to us. You told us we'd never see you OR another one of your identities ever again. So why should I believe anything you tell me?

Holo-Sidious
10-28-2002, 08:07 AM
Because, my narrow-minded friend, you should read what I wrote in another post, about what I am really like. Then you will see that I am not all lies, deciet, treachery and evil. Anyway, who are you to question who uses this website... you are just as important as everyone else here, including myself.

Purple_Tentacle
10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Holo-Sidious / Qui-Gon Jinn 64 / anyone from Surrey - you all seem to get worked up pretty easily, if anyone has a go at you on a forum IT IS A JOKE usually so try to lighten up :)

Holo-Sidious
10-28-2002, 03:13 PM
I am simply trying to dispell the myth that I am an all evil, rage-filled, hate-fuelled individual who hates everyone, for I am not. In fact, I am far from it. However, I can say that some of the users here who were present during my initial posts may find this difficult to believe.

You want to continue accusing me of lying, saying that any new user is me?

Fine.

Dragonlancer
10-28-2002, 09:14 PM
It's going to be the special edition VHS for me. I, sadly, do not have a dvd player. Hopefully I'll get one for Christmas though. I think the dvd won't have those special few scenes we've been wanting, but I think the best chance will be in the special edition dvd.

Purple_Tentacle
10-28-2002, 10:21 PM
what do you mean "special edition"?
is there a DVD with more extras or something ?? ? do u have a link that displays the differences ?

Taos
10-29-2002, 02:25 PM
BTW-It is now only 14 days til AOTC!!!!!!!

seems like it is taking forever!!!

:D

Count Dooku 2
10-30-2002, 11:23 AM
12 DAYS UNTIL THE DVD IS RELEASED HERE IN SUNNY ENGLAND! YAY! WOO HOO! WEEE ect.

I can't wait!

Purple_Tentacle
10-30-2002, 10:24 PM
does anyone know if the DVD will come in a cardboard case like some of the episode 1 DVDs did, because i want that cardboard sleave. :)

leXX
11-05-2002, 07:06 AM
EEK

I hate those crusty cardboard sleeves! I hope it's plastic.

ONLY 7 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rddance: :yeldance: :rddance: :yeldance: :rddance:

Purple_Tentacle
11-05-2002, 07:27 AM
yeah, u get a plastic cover, and then ANOTHER case to put the PLASTIC one in :) they did it with episode 1

leXX
11-05-2002, 09:03 AM
oic ;)

I havn't got the ep1 DVD, just the video. I was holding out for the 6 DVD box set, but I simply can't resist getting AOTC on DVD.

Purple_Tentacle
11-05-2002, 09:38 AM
i'm hoping they release a 4,5,6 box set, and a...oh DAMNIT you are right, its gunna be a full saga box set, and im gunna have to buy it :), just how many times am i going to purchase starwars movies in my life ?, first there was the video box set...then the special edition...

:jawa what are ya trying pull on us? :jawa

heh heh