PDA

View Full Version : Best Star Wars Moment

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-19-2002, 07:16 AM
I've compiled this list from the ten most spectacular/major/surprising events throughout the Star Wars films. I know I've missed some out, because the films are perfect in every aspect, but just vote please!

Taos
10-19-2002, 02:23 PM
They are all soo good......hard to pick just one, it is.

Goin' with the Geonosis arena battle though!! Jedi, thousands of droids........lots of action!! :D

JediNyt
10-19-2002, 03:28 PM
I cannot pick. As I dont really have much of a favorite in anything. But Star Wars is so (closely) perfect what could possibly be the best moment? It all equally perfect!

AH HA HA! STAR WARS :D:D:D:D

ckcsaber
10-19-2002, 05:50 PM
I voted for the "I am your father" scene but I would've voted for the ep 6 duel between Vader and Luke if it was up there.

leXX
10-19-2002, 05:54 PM
now that's a very hard q. It is very close between Yoda's mad lightsaber bunny hoping skills and the Geonosis Arena battle! Maybe Yoda just pips it, that just made my whole year watching that!! :rhett:

gorganfloss
10-19-2002, 08:05 PM
The arean battle in AOTC was great. You cant pass up 3PO saying "Die jedi dogs!":D

Kryllith
10-19-2002, 08:41 PM
None of the above. My favorite scene is when they discover the trap when preparing to assault the 2nd Death Star. I just love all the TIEs flying right at the Falcon. :)

Kryllith

Exar Kun II
10-20-2002, 02:20 AM
I voted for the "I am Your Father" moment. That had to be one of the most shocking and ironic revelations in film history(though I'm sure many of us were not THAT surprised). I mean, just hearing Darth Vader say that was. . .unreal. :D

Norin Radd
10-20-2002, 02:26 AM
For me, it would have to be when Darth Vader removes his helmet in Episode VI. That is when EVERYTHING in the original trilogy came full circle. Darth Vader removing his helmet symbolized him leaving his former life as Darth Vader and becoming Anakin Skywalker, again.:)

Admiral Vostok
10-20-2002, 06:02 AM
"I am your father..."

Changed pop culture for ever. From then on, anytime a good guy had an evil father it was compared to the Skywalkers.

Qui-Gon Jinn 64
10-20-2002, 07:27 AM
Interesting... I would have thought things like the Geonosos arena battle would not have been so popular. Well, I suppose it is all a matter of opinion! I've gone for Darth Maul versus the Jedi from Episode I, because it is the perfect lightsaber duel, plus the addition of the double-bladed lightsaber... genius! Do carry on voting, thanks!

Darth Kaan
11-04-2002, 10:15 AM
The best to me was at the end of ROTJ, when Luke sees Anakins spirit with Obi and Yoda.

Count Dooku 2
11-05-2002, 03:09 AM
I must say the final lightsaber duel of "Episode II" was the best Star Wars moment for me (the whole thing, not just Yoda).

Obi-Wan displays much skill, and it's good to see him in action, yet Dooku is better and wins overall. Anakin with two lightsabers is over pretty quickly, but the duel continues for a while and ends with a nod to Luke: he is rendered 'armless by Dooku. Then Yoda enters, and the most amazing display of Force powers seen in any film beats Vader simply making some boxes fly around a room for a while. Then the lightsabers are drawn, and you watch the two most skilled lightsaber-ists in the galaxy pit their skills against each other, ending in an impressive display of the dark side: ripping a giant crane from the wall and toppling it towards the fallen pair of Jedi. Dooku uses the distraction to use the best ship in Star Wars to escape to Coruscant, and the Jedi sigh heavily.

Wow, is all I can say.

Lateralis
11-05-2002, 02:56 PM
"I am your father" - Immortal words.

Rogue15
11-05-2002, 06:48 PM
the part after the arena battle, that's where the action is awesome and those sweet pre-at-ats and clone troopers in action sent shockwaves down my spine. :)

Sivy
11-05-2002, 08:52 PM
all of them,

yoda fighting dooku was great though, i look forward to seeing that again next week

Count Dooku 2
11-06-2002, 03:24 AM
Those Pre-AT-AT's are called All-Terrain Tactical Enforcers (AT-TE), and they are much better than any walker anywhere. That's why the clonetroopers have them. I also like the Geonosian Starfighters... they look great.

Lionen
11-06-2002, 04:07 PM
I voted for Yoda attacking Count Dooku at Geonosis.

Of all non-jedi battles, i liked the battle at Hoth most.

Gabez
11-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Arg! So many great moments!

But I'd have to go with Yoda, simply because it got the best response from the people in the cinema (I saw the original trilogy on video). People cried out, whooped, cheered and threw popcorn into the air.

And I went "Shut-up you idiots, you're ruining it!!".

Then I got kicked out. :(

Count Dooku 2
11-07-2002, 02:15 PM
You got kicked out? I'll keep my mouth shut during Episode III, then!

Seriously, though: when I saw Yoda attack Dooku, all my mates who had not seen the film just sat there, gaping at the screen. Several cries of "Oh my God!" were heard, and one person in front of me simply shook his head and muttered "Superb... absolutely superb..." to himself. I tell you, when the duel was finished, all I could feel was my heart beating about one hundred times a second!

Essential viewing... and only three days to go until the DVD is mine to command!

LiMP RABBiT
11-08-2002, 11:40 AM
I chose the arena battle but really mine was when it all panned back directly after that moment and you saw the biggest battle ever televised (or movieised or whatever). All the zooming and stuff and showing the massive tanks etc. Amazing.