View Full Version : don't hit me! (jk1 cogs)
10-20-2002, 02:04 PM
well, i've been playing JKI again lately, and i'd like to know more about cogs, for multiplayer. for example: gonkh8ter said he could shoot gonks and stuff. i want to do that too, does anyone of you have a good site for this?
10-20-2002, 02:06 PM
well you just need to modify a simple thing, it's something called shoot ????.3do. Go to the massassi forums for this or cog forum.......
10-20-2002, 02:16 PM
but isn't there a site full with cogs or something?
10-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Well I don't think they have one on gonks, but of course you could just find one that shoots kyles and rename kyle.3d0 to gonk.3d0 in the 3d0 section of resources........
10-21-2002, 12:24 AM
You just need to change what the template for the projectile is in the guns' cog.
1. Check the Master Template file to see what template the gonk droid is using. Write down it's name. I haven't checked but I'll just call it "+gonk".
2. Open the cog up of the weapon you want to shoot gonks.
3. Find a line that looks like this:
template projectile=+punch local
It will be near the top. Each cog will have a different thing listed after where it says "projectile".
4. Change what it says after, "projectile" to what the gonks template is. In this case you'd change +punch to +gonk. So it'd look like
template projectile=+gonk local
5. Save the cog then stick it into your cog folder in your JK directory. It'll be somehting liek this:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\Resource\cog
If it's not there, just make it.
You could just rename the gonk 3do too but then you'll be the only one seeing it ingame and that's no fun, is it? :rhett:
It's been a while since I did this stuff so if I said something wrong, let it slide. :D
10-21-2002, 01:42 AM
one of my old clanmates has his old jk site up still....
CaVeMaN.... i wonder where he is nowadays... :(
anyway, theres a bunch of cogs there he made, and others....
10-21-2002, 10:01 AM
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.