PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Mace Windu

Pages : 1 [2]

Spawn Antilles
11-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Yes, release Mace Windu when your ready bro, will it have a robe version in the release?

Spawn Antilles out...

Prime
11-23-2002, 11:27 AM
The updates seem to be slowing for this model, but I was wondering how much there is left to do. Is it completed and you guys are just waiting until the other models are done, or is Mace not finished? Just a quick update would be great, so we can get an idea how much longer we might be waiting.

Cheers :D

Mex
11-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Toonces needs to fix a problem with Maces arm or something, it looks like its not in the proper place, [so ive heard]

[yay 450'th post!]

Toonces
11-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Still working on them. I just haven't had the motivation to finish them up yet, and I've been busy with life stuff.

I'll get them done, I promise :)

Eldritch
11-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Sounds good, Toonces. And is that a gigantic Collie in your new Avatar? Looks like Lassie had a bit too much to eat. ;)

Toonces
11-23-2002, 01:13 PM
heh, nah, that's my old Shetland Sheepdog, she died a few years back. She might have been a little heavy in that pic, but she really just had a ton of hair :) I found that picture the other day, thought it would make a cool avatar :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/cassie8.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
11-23-2002, 01:18 PM
What was her name? She looks cute :P
Good luck finishing these up toonces

Eldritch
11-23-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
heh, nah, that's my old Shetland Sheepdog, she died a few years back. She might have been a little heavy in that pic, but she really just had a ton of hair :) I found that picture the other day, thought it would make a cool avatar :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/cassie8.jpg

:eek: :sweat: Sorry Toonces... hope I didn't offend you. The picture is cute though... I've got a relative with a dog like that.

Toonces
11-23-2002, 01:34 PM
No way man, not even close :D I have a pretty good sence of humor and Shetland Sheepdogs DO look like fat Collies ;) They are probly my favorate breed. Oh, her name was Cassie btw, my sister named her

On the models, they all only have minor problems for me to fix still. I've been working on a few new models so I haven't pushed myself to finish them yet. Soon though :)

Enjoi9187
11-23-2002, 01:53 PM
heres some motivation :)

im really depressed. and unless mace comes out today, im going to kill myself....

(j/j of course :) )

Hekx
11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
I keep checking the JK2 sites to see if the EP1 Obi-wan has been released... every hour :eek:
If I don't get a new funky model, the jawa gets it!

:jawa :snipe1:

:D

Any new pictures / update pictures? :(

Darth Loki
11-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Mace is finished, all I have left to do is tweak the shoulders on the robe which is being difficult and we'll be all ready to go. As to weather they will be released together or not, I keep changing my mind. I hate to keep them from you all, but I think one BIG release might be very cool to do

I would have to suggest not releasing them in one .zip - remember, there are still people with 56k modems and it takes time to even suck down one model on a 56k.

Phaedrus
11-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Well I don't have a very decent 56k, but despite that, I still suggest one big pack, it's kind of remind me of the glory of the BFP Pack back for JK. Any Episode II obi-wan, please oh please, but Tex's was shaping up so nicely.........

MysticSpade
11-24-2002, 12:01 AM
ok i hate to do this but is there any round-a-bout date when these will be released. cuz right now i have one week where i am right now then i get the boot. that means no internet conection at all. and i didn't follow this whole thing to not even be able to play the game with it.

Padawan_7
11-24-2002, 01:55 AM
I've been working on a few new models so I haven't pushed myself to finish them yet.

Do these new models include the ROTJ Luke you were working on? I was looking forward to that one. But then again, I look forward to anything you make Toonces. ;) :D

Prime
11-24-2002, 02:02 AM
I still suggest one big pack, it's kind of remind me of the glory of the BFP Pack back for JK. Any Episode II obi-wan, please oh please, but Tex's was shaping up so nicely.........

As Darth Loki says, with a 56k modem a big pack of all the models would take a long time (I assume a few megs per model?). Especially if people are only interested in one or two of the models, having to download them all would be a pain. I don't know if it would work out this way, but you may end up limiting your "customer base" by putting them all in one pack. People that are really keen on Mace (like me! :p) would download regardless, but those people "on the fence" or with slow connections, which is still the majority, might see the large file size for the pack and decide against it. I would guess that if you release them seperately, you will get the widest distribution for each model. Besides, it can be disappointing having to wait for a seperate model to be finished before you can get your hands on the model you really want. Just a thought :)

Toonces
11-24-2002, 05:31 AM
No need to worry, I'm not going to pack them all up in one massive zip. Even though I've had broadband for many years I know how annoying dialup is

As for a release date, I can't give you guys one, sorry, I just don't know when I will be able to finish them up. Soon I hope but I can't give any timeline right now

Mex
11-24-2002, 06:32 AM
Toonces I have an idea,

Make them in seperated downloads like You can download Mace with no robe, and mace with a robe, seperately, to help all the 56k'ers! :D

skywalker19
11-24-2002, 06:51 AM
any chance you may do some modeling for ut2k3???

No need to worry, I'm not going to pack them all up in one massive zip. Even though I've had broadband for many years I know how annoying dialup is

As for a release date, I can't give you guys one, sorry, I just don't know when I will be able to finish them up. Soon I hope but I can't give any timeline right now

Toonces
11-24-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Flanders
Toonces I have an idea,

Make them in seperated downloads like You can download Mace with no robe, and mace with a robe, seperately, to help all the 56k'ers! :D

Now that would be an overkill. There will be one zip for each charecter.

skywalker, Yeah, I'm doing some stuff for UT2k3. It's a much nicer engine :)

Matt-Liell
11-24-2002, 10:54 AM
im sorry if this has been answered already but, r u finished it toonces? if so can i get it yet? again sorry if it has been answered i didnt have time to read the whole thread! great work by the way!

Eldritch
11-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade
im sorry if this has been answered already but, r u finished it toonces? if so can i get it yet? again sorry if it has been answered i didnt have time to read the whole thread! great work by the way!

You didn't have to read the whole thread, but you could've read the last couple of posts where your question was answered. :rolleyes:

Matt-Liell
11-24-2002, 01:03 PM
sorry, i just thought due to the lack of updates he may have released a beta version! sorry guys!

Toonces
11-24-2002, 02:21 PM
It's all good. I don't really do betas, only in extremely limited quantities and almost always people I have face to face contact with. I just have a thing about putting out work I'm not 100% proud of

Anyway, just to clear this long debated topic from back a few pages. Upon checking out the DVD, Mace's Tabbards definatly cross in the back. I snapped this one shot
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/maceback.jpg

Matt-Liell
11-24-2002, 02:32 PM
im really excited about this model! keep it up! your models r always great! check my av and i bet u can tell i want this model!

boinga1
11-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Just checking-will there be facial animations for this model (I assume so, just haven't seen this stated before)

Eldritch
11-25-2002, 11:12 PM
Most definitely. If you want to see a beta version of Mace's facial animation in cutscenes, go check out AKPiggot's Mace Windu : Party Crasher thread (which looks fantastic, by the way). Toonces gave him a beta of the Mace Windu model so he could pimp some screenshots.

Toonces
11-27-2002, 05:53 PM
We're getting extremely close to our Tripple Jedi release. Some new shots of Mace. Some new textures and Geometrical changes :)

http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye2.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye3.jpg

Lord Tnuc
11-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Very nice, Toonces. Perhaps some pics of the robed version/other versions?

-s/<itzo-
11-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Looks great toonces.

is there a release date or a prediction of some sort?????

BTW-i taught Mace's Tabbards pass the waist to the lower half according to that pic that you showed toonce.

Mest
11-27-2002, 06:17 PM
excellent work, i admire your determination.

WhiteShdw
11-27-2002, 06:34 PM
We're getting extremely close to our Tripple Jedi release. Some new shots of Mace. Some new textures and Geometrical changes :)

http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye2.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/newmaceeye3.jpg

He looks great. I'm really looking forward to your Jedi releases. I can't wait to make some NPC's out of them :). Mace is gonna look so cool next to Yoda.

Matt-Liell
11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Perfection! Good Job! Perhaps u could make a version with his lightsaber attached to his belt, i dont know why but i always want to see a jedi model like that! just a suggestion!

one thing thought his forhead and eyebrows. if u look at some pics it doesnt look exactly right it seems to slope is the word id use, yes slope over the eyes a bit more! but good job anyways!

t3rr0r
11-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Perfection!
took the words right outta my mouth. :D

Hellfire Jedi
11-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Release them sepretly remember the 56k'ers so basically i guess we should get our hopes up cuz it'll be out within a few weeks ;)

Matt-Liell
11-29-2002, 06:57 PM
Any updates Toonces? I really am looking forward to fighting as Mace!

Joner
12-01-2002, 12:47 PM
You are quite amazing, Toonces. No doubt here!
Please release an SP-version too!!

Mex
12-01-2002, 01:22 PM
I would like an SP replacement too, when do you think this will be released? It is perfection! :)

mariners2001
12-01-2002, 02:58 PM
No, I'm not going to set a date, I'll just happen. Soon, They are really three seprate models, they were just based on the same mesh.

Once Obi, Mace, and Qui-Gon are finished, I'm going to do a couple more Jedi, I won't name them just yet, but these arn't my last :D

rut-wa jodar
12-03-2002, 08:04 AM
GREAT WORK !!! Toonces & friends

The models you guys are working on are truly amazing. The attention to detail is fantastic. I hope I will be playing Jedi outcast with these models over the xmas holidays :thumbs1: :yobi: :mace: :frosty:

Arco
12-04-2002, 08:12 PM
whoops sorry about the double post. Nice pic tho ey! I'm working on improving it also.

Arco:deathii:

Arco
12-04-2002, 08:12 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-pose-render.jpg

Just a little render for you. I have been testing out my brand new copy of max5. Anyway We are on the big build up to release... the textures are pretty much final on all the jedi... i think there is a few clipping issues and sizing probs to be sorted oh and they need to be capped. But apart from that.... done. So we are a matter of days away from release I would say.

Arco

Enjoi9187
12-04-2002, 08:19 PM
AHH double post! :P finally!!! days!!!

-s/<itzo-
12-04-2002, 08:20 PM
:drop2:
AMAZING!

can't wait till it comes out.

BTW-any prediction of the model's release.

Hellfire Jedi
12-04-2002, 08:34 PM
He said Release in a few days

SpYzEr
12-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Arco
I'm working on improving it also.

I don't see how you can possibly improve that awesome model any more! That looks AWESOME! Great job man :D

Hekx
12-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Best. Rendered. Image. Ever.

nomad
12-04-2002, 11:19 PM
:drool1:

I agree, best render ever.

It looks like you guys have topped yourselves... once again :D
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
:elephant:

(no one celebrates like the happy pink elephant)

-nomad

MTFBWY

Hekx
12-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Does anyone have an idea of the estimated filesize the released models will be?

Mest
12-05-2002, 12:01 AM
holy crap i had an orgasm when i saw that picture! awsome work.

"we need something that says we are gay AND republican--------------->:elephant: eh, to obvious." -Simpsons

Eklin
12-05-2002, 01:41 AM
Wow. My first post in a LONG time.

Anyways, to all those who are asking for a SP replacement, it's really simple to make them yourselves. Just rename the pk3 file to a .zip file, and then unzip all the contents using winzip, then open up the unzipped "models" folder, and then the "players" folder, and then rename the folder containing the Mace Windu model and skins to "kyle" instead of whatever it will be when it is released. Then, go back to the original location you unzipped everything to, right click on the "models" folder that contains the newly renamed "kyle" folder, and then go through your winzip options and find the option entitled "add to zip file" or something like that. When you get to the screen where you actually create the filename, call it something like "KyletoMace.pk3" or whatever you want, as long as it ends in .pk3 and is in the base directory.

Simple, eh?

Toonces
12-05-2002, 01:59 AM
It's all good, the SP replacements will be released at the same time as the MP release. It's very easy to do it yourself, but some people for whatever reason can't do it so I'm going to host them on my website

Lady In Red
12-05-2002, 07:01 AM
I have to say, that is very good...

Jo
12-05-2002, 09:44 AM
man. as soon as all of these wonderful models come out...im changing everylast on of them and making and sp mod just for me...

rut-wa jodar
12-05-2002, 01:11 PM

Just a little render for you. I have been testing out my brand new copy of max5. Anyway We are on the big build up to release... the textures are pretty much final on all the jedi... i think there is a few clipping issues and sizing probs to be sorted oh and they need to be capped. But apart from that.... done. So we are a matter of days away from release I would say.

Arco

:drop2: OMG !! :drop2: Simply stunning !!!! and possibly released in a few days. You Guys :rock: Rock :rock:

_NinjaGaiden_
12-05-2002, 01:14 PM
you guys make a good team i cant wait to see what you come up with next

Matt-Liell
12-05-2002, 01:16 PM

Arco

Now, THAT IS PERFECTION!
EXELLENT WORK TOONCES!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :drop2: :thumbsup: :mace:

Mex
12-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Theres only 3 words that can describe that..

Oh my god

fat_101
12-05-2002, 05:48 PM
WOW :eek: i had to look twice cause i thought it was a photo the first time

FATTEH

P.S WOW :eek:

IS_Raptor3k
12-06-2002, 08:15 AM
I would drop my jaw to, but i got it screwed in this time so that it wouldnt drop anymore...

The model is sweet, did you fix the arm problem?

Haras_Media
12-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Finding a good Bald model is hard to do. I have been looking for over 6 months and I have found the model for me. Thank you Toonces for your effort and time.

Arco
12-06-2002, 08:27 PM
hey what about me... and for that matter tex. remember us! lol. Tooces you are the man... i can't beleive how much mesh work you have got done.. it's hard for me to keep up!

Arco!:deathii:

PS: remember i have been working on the textures a fair while too... i feel like they are my babies too! the love children of toonces and arco their grandpappy being tex... ewwwwwwwww.

Primrodo
12-06-2002, 08:49 PM
Nicely done guys!

Although I thought I'd mention that his buckle is just like Anakins in AOTC.

Awesome though :)

Enjoi9187
12-06-2002, 11:10 PM
i still think ur the 2nd best skinner of all jk2 history :) only short of raven and kman (after seeing his new ploo)

and toonces, is an AWESOME modeler too, he make some of the most realistic models ive seen for jk2.

But you two go hadn in hand, you cant have one of toonces great models unless you skin it

Srikin Talilles
12-07-2002, 10:51 AM
That model is coming out nicely! I hope that it will come with a robe or a cape. :p

Mex
12-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Srik: I think it is coming with a robe, and a Kyle Katarn replacement aswell!

I have a great feeling that this should be released on... Thursday!

I hope =]

Enjoi9187
12-07-2002, 02:11 PM
THRUSDAY!!! i would say either today or tomorrow, considering arco told us last week it would be out this weekend :)

Mex
12-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Err... Ok, tomorrow it is, hopefully! =]

Toonces
12-07-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm hoping for this weekend if I can get the robe issues worked out, the rest it final.

I'll keep you guys posted of course :)

Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 05:25 PM
I was going to ask you for the beta like the one you gave AkPiggot but if youre going to release it this weekend (today or tommorow) then ill have no need! great work toonces im waiting to play SP until i get Mace Windu!

Taigan
12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Everything is coming on the weekend....
But its the weekend now so WHERE IS IT!?!??!
AHHHHH!
IM GOING TO DIE IF IT DOSNT SHOW,IF ANY OF EM DONT SHOW WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hellfire Jedi
12-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Taigan please do,
All you have done lately is be a spammer hence what u jsut posted either wait or don't post.

Hellfire

Enjoi9187
12-07-2002, 05:41 PM
for real, u start talking about how u will kill the president, and your mom, and everything. grow up.

SpYzEr
12-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
for real, u start talking about how u will kill the president, and your mom, and everything. grow up.

Ya, I agree. I mean, killing people for a virtual game model? SICKKK... and yes, plz, cut down on the spam :rolleyes:

SettingShadow
12-07-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Taigan
Everything is coming on the weekend....
But its the weekend now so WHERE IS IT!?!??!
AHHHHH!
IM GOING TO DIE IF IT DOSNT SHOW,IF ANY OF EM DONT SHOW WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 words: Stop Spamming

Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 08:30 PM
i agree with all of their comments!

Taigan
12-08-2002, 02:54 AM
First of all,Im doing all this to be hated.This isnt the only place iv been spamming on,second of all the sickness just makes you guys not even wanna screw around wit me,but of coarse Its your life and you can continue pleasuring me :D,mwhahaha:duel:

Mex
12-08-2002, 05:47 AM
Ok tai, i'll just get an admin to ban you ok?

And toonces, would you do one little thing?? Get all the maces [team colours] [rope if possable] in one screenshot? :D

Matt-Liell
12-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Well toonces I dont mean to be rude at all, and i dont mean to sound impatient just concerned. did u get the shoulder working cause u said you'd release it this weekend and the weekend is over! im not going to scream in caps lock about shooting people about it though like some spammers!:rolleyes:
I'm patient, just wondering what happened!:D

Lord Tnuc
12-08-2002, 07:23 PM
-Toonces
I'm hoping for this weekend if I can get the robe issues worked out, the rest it final.

He said hoping for. I think we can try to be a little more patient about this. Come on..where's the "Christmas Spirit"?
Heh, anyway. I can't wait for this model to come out...as well as the others. I'm going to have much fun with these. Great job, Toonces, Arco(I remembered you, buddy.), and Tex.

Toonces
12-08-2002, 07:48 PM
heh, thanks for looking that up Tnuc, it saved me a little time :D

I'm still working out those issues. I may have to slightly remodel the robe to get it to deform correctly, but I'm hopeful I can get it right without any signifigant changes

It MAY be another couple of days, you guys will know first here. Also, when in doubt either check my website, or look on Jediknightii.net since it will be there before any of the other JO websites

Matt-Liell
12-08-2002, 07:50 PM
sounds good man! keep up the great work and make your perfect Mace Windu model even more PERFECT! :D :thumbsup:

Mest
12-10-2002, 08:44 PM
why no new posts?

Matt-Liell
12-10-2002, 08:45 PM
he will post when he has something to post be patient!:rolleyes:

Mest
12-10-2002, 10:56 PM
wtf are you talking about? i am patient. i didnt mean why no new updates? i meant why was no one posting normal posts such as conversation material. dont make such accusations again.

Kururin
12-11-2002, 08:22 AM
Matt i thought the same thing

Toonces
12-11-2002, 12:13 PM
I just realised that you guys haven't seen the blue ctf yet. Anyway, a color sceme that Arco did for Obi that I put on Mace with some very small changes, one of them was including "BMF" on his pouch ;)

As I announced on another thread, sunday at the LATEST. Tommorow I hope to release Mace, followed by Qui-Gon then Obi. I might not get Mace out tommorow, but all three will be released by sunday :)
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/maceblue.jpg

Mex
12-11-2002, 12:24 PM
O.M.G thats is very good, very very good indeed!

And thank you Toonces, you would have to be one of the fastest modellers out! And I really think you are the greatest modeller out! [no offence to the other modellers, you are great too!]

Good job Toonces, and good job! :)

Edit: Would you mind getting a picture of the front of him? :)

Toonces
12-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Sure, not a problem :) I'm doing the blue icon right now so I had to load up the blue stuff

This is from Arco's blue Obi skin, I just added the "BMF" and the inner wrap
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/maceblue2.jpg

Matt-Liell
12-11-2002, 07:08 PM

*speechless!*

:thumbsup:

*speechless once again!*

boinga1
12-11-2002, 10:25 PM
pardon me, but...what's the "BMF" for?

skywalker19
12-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
pardon me, but...what's the "BMF" for?

heh,i believe it stands for bad motha fu**a

ith Lord
12-12-2002, 03:45 AM
Wow that looks great! I can't wait for all these Jedi to be released! (the only issue I have with the three is obi-wans face , I just dont think it looks like him but hey, ill play with him anyway) all this talk about ctf brought a question to mind, Toonces are you still using my "evil" Qui-Gon face for one of the CTF's? if not thats fine. I haven't been around awhile due to Personal problems and work schedule.

Lord Tnuc
12-12-2002, 05:17 AM
Great job, you guys. I really like the BMF addition. Brings a tear t'my heart. ;.; Perhaps after this is released, Toonces...someone(hint) could perhaps skin Mace to be white. I'm a big "bald person" fighter, and just a basic white Mace prolly would look kickass. By the way...were any of the sounds taken from movies like Pulp Fiction? Or Shaft? "What's my name?!" "It's the one that says bad mother f*cker." Ahh...fun times, having Mace fun around cussing people out. "F*CK You mother F*CKA!" or perhaps "Hold onto your butts"...but now I'm rambling. the point of this post wasn't to suggest, but to ask if any of those...or any others..were in. Anyways. I'm off.

Toonces
12-12-2002, 10:09 AM
heh, I just had to do the BMF to pay homage to Samuel L ;) As for the sounds, I'm not using quotes from any other movie. I know this means I'm missing out on some great taunts, but I don't wanna use curses as taunts because younglings might download this and I don't want to get nasty e-mails from parents.

Originally posted by ith Lord
Toonces are you still using my "evil" Qui-Gon face for one of the CTF's? if not thats fine. I haven't been around awhile due to Personal problems and work schedule.

It's cool Sith, I definatly still wanna use your evil face skin :) He'll be featured on the Red and maby Blue skins if he looks cool with the blue sceme :)

Mex
12-12-2002, 12:07 PM
Good work Toonces! I really like the detail on that, it would be fun if the taunt was "Pass me the Lightsabre that says Bad Motha Fu**er on it"

And I dont beleive that this will be out soon!

The Count
12-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Toonces how about this you offer peole the option to download the offensive taunts or not just a suggestion.

Mex
12-12-2002, 03:05 PM
But then you would have people running around the whole map saying

"Bad motha f**ka"

Enjoi9187
12-12-2002, 04:04 PM
if you dontr download the offensive ones, then you wont hear him saying it, but if you do download it, you should EXPECT to hear everyone running around saying it. If you dont like that, then dont download it :)

Toonces
12-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Alright, I might consider a seprate soundpack, but I won't distribute it with the model, and it would only be available on my website.

I would strictly control the sound pack, and not allow any of the major Jedi Outcast websites to host it. Let me think about it a little. I definatly understand why some would like that pack, hell, I'd have a ball with it myself

Enjoi9187
12-12-2002, 05:16 PM
toonces, if you sent me the sounds, i could pk3 it and release under my name, as to make sure yours isnt ruined at all :)

Lord Tnuc
12-12-2002, 05:19 PM
So THIS is what telling Santa Clause at the mall want you want for Christmas is like..hmm...Toonces...Er...Santa Clause...hold onto yer butt. I have a long list. >.> Joking of course. Unless you're looking for a certain comic book superhero to model after you're done with these. >.>

Enjoi9187
12-12-2002, 05:26 PM
how about prince xiozor? ;)

Toonces
12-12-2002, 06:25 PM
I'll tell you what I wont be doing, three more jedi simultaniously ;) Shaak Ti is next, after that inbredyokel and I are talking about doing customiseable charecters (multiple torso's heads, hair, ect..)

On the sound pack, I'll just host it on my website, I just would want to keep it a seprate download from the model just to be safe :)

mariners2001
12-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Toonces-

Any more news on Episode 2 Obi-Wan? I'm really looking forward to that.

skywalker19
12-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tnuc
So THIS is what telling Santa Clause at the mall want you want for Christmas is like..hmm...Toonces...Er...Santa Clause...

lol Santa Toonces ;)

Toonces
12-12-2002, 07:42 PM
mariner, you gotta ask KMan about Epi II Obi, he's doing the skin for him :)

Release is imminent. Expect him up exclusively on jediknightii.net late tonight or early tommorow. I will post a release message here just before I upload him
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/macerelease.jpg

t3rr0r
12-12-2002, 07:56 PM
after that inbredyokel and I are talking about doing customiseable charecters (multiple torso's heads, hair, ect..)
that would definately own. :cool:

boinga1
12-12-2002, 08:08 PM

Release is imminent. Expect him up exclusively on jediknightii.net late tonight or early tommorow. I will post a release message here just before I upload him
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/macerelease.jpg

Awesome, pity the arm bugs couldn't quite get removed :( oh well, still an awesome three models :mace: :yobi: :aobi:

Lord Tnuc
12-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Is Mace being released tonight or is it going to be the three of them?

nomad
12-12-2002, 08:21 PM
Am I mistaken, or is this pic showing a big improvement of the arm/shoulder clipping bug?

Looking forward to this Toonces...
yet again I thank you :D

Oh, how many taunts will he have? (in the regular Star Wars release)

-nomad

MTFBWY

t3rr0r
12-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Is Mace being released tonight or is it going to be the three of them?
just mace (tonight/tomorrow morning).

Hekx
12-12-2002, 09:00 PM
It's nearly 2am in the UK, so I guess I'll have to wait until I wake up to get Mace :(

Padawan_7
12-13-2002, 03:13 AM
I'll tell you what I wont be doing, three more jedi simultaniously ;) Shaak Ti is next, after that inbredyokel and I are talking about doing customiseable charecters (multiple torso's heads, hair, ect..)

Not to be a nuisance, but what happened to ROTJ Luke?

But anyways, fantastic job Toonces and Arco. Mace is awesome! I can't wait to play him. :D

The Count
12-13-2002, 01:02 PM
About the soundpack Toonces thanks your the greatest, I'd love to hear Mace Windu swear it just seems so good.

Radner
12-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi. I hardly ever post anything, but I've been following this thread for about 3 months. I cant say anything but praise for your work Toonces and the rest of you guys. Well, there is only one other thing I can say.

We want Mace! We want Mace! We want Mace! We want Mace!

Oh yeah, keep up the good work too!

Mex
12-13-2002, 01:45 PM
Dont worry Radner, its coming either later today, or saturday, or possibly sunday, dont worry! :D

Toonces
12-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Mace will be today :) EST of cource, but I'm gonna try to have him done in a few hours to everybody can get him "today"

Mex
12-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Good, its coming up to 7 Pm here in the United Kingdom, I would like it very much if you could shove Maces Butt through the door before 9PM! :D

Radner
12-13-2002, 03:04 PM
And here I was worried. Toonces to the rescue!! Alright! I'm so happy. See, I just finished building my computer complete with a p4 2 ghz, Radeon 9700 pro, and 256 DDR mb, a master 80 gb hard drive, and a slave 20 gb hard drive so now I can finally play pc games. Before i had a 600 mhz celeron with intel integrated graphics, chip set 810. and 128 mb sd ram. so these models look great on my new system. Ok, now i'm spamming so i'll shut up. Cant wait Toonces!! Thanks!

Mex
12-13-2002, 03:23 PM
I am so exited I even have a Mace Windu avatar! :)

Toonces
12-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the new PC Radner :) You probly should get some more ram though, 256 really doesn't cut it anymore.

Anyway, I'm adjusting his hand tag now and once I get it right he'll be ready. I also am going to take a look at the robe once more, but the robe will be an unsupported feature so please don't e-mail me and complain that it looks bad

One last thing. I always thought that Mace has a little "edge" to him, like Anakin, but not as far so Mace's bot will use Grip. It's one of the best bots I've made thus far. (very similar to Palps which I got many compliments about) He'll use no other Darkside powers (lightning, rage, ect.) I'll probly include a lightside bot too for those who are bugged by his default bot using Grip

Anyway, back to work :)

Oh, nice Avatar Flanders :)

Mex
12-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks, I dealt anyone will mind that Mace uses grip, but it will be kind of... Weird :eyeraise:

And I got a new girlfriend, so I am extra happy today!

And could you quickly post a pic of the Robe and the Red version [like in capture the flag or team ffa] because I havent seen any pictures of them yet.

rut-wa jodar
12-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if JediknightII.net make the models available to download as soon as they are uploaded to them ???
Or does it still take a day ore two ??

Toonces
12-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Yes rut, I work here so as soon as he's released he'll be up on JediknightII.net

Flanders, I gotta take some screenies for the zip file so I'll take some of those for you, I got some work to do first. If you can't wait go through the thread because I know that there are pics back a ways

MysticSpade
12-13-2002, 04:01 PM
so toonces when you say today do you mean today as in the 13 of Dec? i hope so cuz i've followed your 3 jedi models since you took up the task of refining them and i am grateful to have some really well made Jedi models.

Radner
12-13-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks Toonces. Btw, I took your advice without knowing it. After I left my last message, I left for home after a busy day at college but first made a stop at office max and bought 256 mb pc 2100 ddr. So now i'm up to 512 i think. Then i came back and read your reply. How funny is that? Oh well. Keep up the good work!

P.S.

Anyone here know where I can get a good hilt pack?

Toonces
12-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Mace is 99% final, Arco and I are doing the final testing as I write this. If there are no problems he'll be out within the hour :)

Hellfire Jedi
12-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Toonces u ****ing rule man!! Thanks for making all this for us!!

Hellfire

-Chrono_MOT-
12-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Toonces, I'd be willing to mirror it for a while until jk2.net posts it.

Lord Tnuc
12-13-2002, 07:06 PM
I doubt he'll need that. Toonces is part of the JKII.net staff, so I think he'll be doing the posting for it himelf.

Jo
12-13-2002, 07:10 PM
man the anticipation is nerve racking. i need this model. well i dont need it...but it would be cool...someone needs to wait for obi wan, qui gon, and plo koon and make an sp mod with the current old rebublic jedi and what not.

Radner
12-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Santa does come early!!

Toonces
12-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks Chrono, but Lord Tnuc is right, I'll upload it to here, and I have a server of my own that I'll mirror it from. I DO apprishate the offer though :D

I've compiled the final build and I'm writeing the readme right now. Give me another 20 mins

Enjoi9187
12-13-2002, 07:48 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YEAY!1!!

Radner
12-13-2002, 07:51 PM
<---- subconsciously and continously presses refresh button.

gt r?
12-13-2002, 07:52 PM
lol looks like im not the only one pressing refresh every sec...:D

mariners2001
12-13-2002, 07:54 PM
ha. me too. :)

El Sitherino
12-13-2002, 07:55 PM
CANT..... WAIT...... MUST:explode:

Radner
12-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Amen to that Evil!

gt r?
12-13-2002, 07:59 PM
This is so stressing,you cant know if its released until the page reloads!:rolleyes:

I CANT STAND IT IM GONNA :monkey4: DANCE YEAH
:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :rolleyes:

Radner
12-13-2002, 08:02 PM
10 Minutes till Radner's self destruction!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

gt r?
12-13-2002, 08:05 PM
aaaa no my monkeys freaked out!!!:monkbomb: :monkbomb: :monkbomb: :monkbomb: :monkbomb: :monkbomb:

nooooooooooooo its out ijm so dumb i forgot to check the files!! nooooooooooooo

Toonces
12-13-2002, 08:06 PM
http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1082

Radner
12-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Ack! Its out!!!!!!!!!

Download Download Download!!!

THANK YOU TOONCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Sitherino
12-13-2002, 08:10 PM
SWEEEEEEET

gt r?
12-13-2002, 08:13 PM
THANK YOU TOONCES, THIS IS GREAT I THINK IM GONNA :cry7:

,THANK YOU SO MUCH :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6:

Hekx
12-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Hehe, 20 people had already downloaded before me :D
Looks great :thumbsup:

Great work ;)

Toonces
12-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys :)

I'll put together a SP version in a few mins

El Sitherino
12-13-2002, 08:26 PM
cool toonces

frendon
12-13-2002, 08:37 PM
THANK YOU TOONCES AND ARCO :D :cool: ;)

boinga1
12-13-2002, 09:02 PM
gee...this is quite funny really...great model and all, but all these post are really rather...hilarious. It is just a computer polygonal figure :mace:

Toonces
12-13-2002, 09:37 PM
heh, it's true boinga1, but Arco and I apprishate it :)

Thanks again everybody :D I did a quick SP conversion

http://drivingcatstudios.com/sp_ctsamuell.zip

SpYzEr
12-13-2002, 09:39 PM
Toonces, Arco.... 1 word

AMAZING! Great work guys, now to wait for Qui-Gon and Obi :D

Mest
12-13-2002, 09:52 PM
just finished downloading. good job.

Lord Tnuc
12-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Toonces, I tried downloading the sp version, from the link..and winzip said that I could not open the archive. Not a valid whatever. =/

SpYzEr
12-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Toonces, I tried downloading the sp version, from the link..and winzip said that I could not open the archive. Not a valid whatever. =/

Weird.. works for me :D

even311piell
12-13-2002, 10:34 PM
the download starts but after some time it stop, like it was already finished

Lord Tnuc
12-13-2002, 10:38 PM
That's the same thing that happened to me.

Prime
12-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Give it a couple of tries. It took me a few goes, but it completed fully on the third try.

Fantastic model Toonces! It turned out way better than I expected. Screenshots don't do justice to seeing it moving. Can't wait for Obi-wan and Qui-Gon!

Also, what is your policy on people creating skins for these models?

Cheers!

Darsha_x1
12-13-2002, 10:47 PM
so,whos next on the release list?,,,,*crosses fingers that it's ep1 Obi"

Lord Tnuc
12-13-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks. It works now. .

And I believe Toonces said that Qui-Gon would be next.

Hekx
12-13-2002, 11:56 PM
Everyone's downloading it, so that's why you might get an unfinished download ;)

I'd just like to say that the Blue varient of Mace Windu is my favourite. Blue and black go very well together :p
The robes look very realistic too. :)

So great job on the likeness :thumbsup:

You just have to love the falling sound though :lol: :D

skywalker19
12-14-2002, 01:54 AM
This was definitly well worth the wait,great job guys :)

Eklin
12-14-2002, 02:52 AM
Great job on the model.

I just checked out JKII.net and found it in the file database, so I had no clue a SP version was available as well. So I tried converting it myself, but I ended up with the robed and unrobed versions overlapping eachother, and his lightsaber growing out of his shoulder.

Toonces
12-14-2002, 02:57 AM
Thanks guys :) Oh, one thing I didn't find out was how to change the saber color for the single player version. I'll try and find out tommorow and I'll add that.

I'm not sure who I'll release tommorow, probly Obi, but it depends on who needs more work.

I'll supprise you guys ;)

_NinjaGaiden_
12-14-2002, 03:23 AM
thanks toonces..... i want the default saber to be purple for him.... i hate having to change it manually every level :) also u might want to make the qui gon sp with a default green saber

Mex
12-14-2002, 03:32 AM
Thank you Toonces, as soon as I woke up I went on jkii.net and it was there, hooray for toonces! :D :D

rut-wa jodar
12-14-2002, 04:22 AM
Thanx Toonces & Co.

Mace is stunning !!!!

He looks incredible ingame, Sterling work. I think MACE and QUI GONN will make JO complete.

Toonces
12-14-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_
thanks toonces..... i want the default saber to be purple for him.... i hate having to change it manually every level :) also u might want to make the qui gon sp with a default green saber

As soon as I figure out how to do this I'll update the sp version on my website. I flipped through the thread on it in the editing section and didn't quite understand what to do, I'll take another look when I wake up tommorow :)

Mex
12-14-2002, 04:43 AM
Its cool but there is only one problem, the head, on my computer, it looks like he has a big ring on his head....

It doesent put me off tho, but his name would be Mace Ringu if I made him! :D

skywalker19
12-14-2002, 07:16 AM
Thanks guys :) Oh, one thing I didn't find out was how to change the saber color for the single player version. I'll try and find out tommorow and I'll add that.

I'm not sure who I'll release tommorow, probly Obi, but it depends on who needs more work.

I'll supprise you guys ;)

Santa Toonces,it must be obi :D

unless he still needs work then i can wait

Hekx
12-14-2002, 08:08 AM
I think you need to edit the npc.cfg to change the saber colors of all the SP NPCs and Kyle ;)
Check the top part under 'Kyle' and 'munro' to see what I mean. :p
Here (http://hekxnoxu.idz.net/files/npc.cfg)'s a quick edit of the npc.cfg I made; feel free to use it or look over it to see the changes :)

boinga1
12-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Hkx Nx
I think you need to edit the npc.cfg to change the saber colors of all the SP NPCs and Kyle ;)
Check the top part under 'Kyle' and 'munro' to see what I mean. :p
Here (http://hekxnoxu.idz.net/files/npc.cfg)'s a quick edit of the npc.cfg I made; feel free to use it or look over it to see the changes :)

no, that won't work, it'll change the default saber in cutscenes but not in play. The best way is probably the thread Toonces mentioned earlier.

Hekx
12-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Done both. Editing thread and modified npc.cfg.
Last time I editied the np.cfg and played SP; my saber colour had already changed; but the method in the thread is simply a file which execute a script with commands to enable cheats, change the saber color and then disable cheats.

I done both and zipped it up with the SP file.
You can take a look here (http://hekxnoxu.idz.net/files/sp_windu.zip) :p

boinga1
12-14-2002, 12:40 PM
really? sorry, Hkx, my bad. :o :o

Rebel_Spy
12-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Hkx Nx, if I wan to change the saber color to another color, let's say green, what I have to do? in the npcs.cfg only change purple for green, right? and tha's all? I'm missing something?

Hekx
12-14-2002, 01:19 PM
You should change the Kyle and Munro saber colors to any other color available, and it should work if that doesn't; you may also need to read this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52281) thread.

I'm going to go see if editing the npc.cfg is the answer now :)

PS: I hate SP :D

I haven't tested any cutscenes but the normal color was blue; I haven't tried the method from the thread in-game; but that might work :)

Rebel_Spy
12-14-2002, 02:07 PM
Thanks Hkx Nx, I already read that thread, sometime ago, I think that the most easiest way to change saber color is to create autoexec.cfg under gamedata folder with the following line:

bind 1 "helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; weapon 1; helpusobi 0"

so, when you hit the "1" key, you are changing the color and also selecting the ligthsaber. What do you think?

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 03:40 PM
Great model Toonces! Very fun! There is however one little glitch I've come across which makes it seem that there are lines on Mace's head. It seems to be a shader issue as in ModView the head looks fine. Here's an example of it. Note that the lines get thinner and wider at different angles.

http://www.geocities.com/robinhawk/mace.txt

Any ideas? BTW, my graphics are nearly on the highest level so I don't think that's the problem.

t3rr0r
12-14-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by mariners2001
Any ideas? BTW, my graphics are nearly on the highest level so I don't think that's the problem.
i think it's the skin... it was cut a little too close on the head texture as far as i can tell. modview doesn't tend to show these (same thing happened with the jawa), but ingame it is an issue.

btw, damn you and you flaunting of mara, mariners! :xp:

Mex
12-14-2002, 03:43 PM
That happens to me too, very weird!

And how come you got Mara Jade early huh?

[runs off with Mara]
Eheh, you cant catch me now! :xp:

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 03:47 PM
damn you and you flaunting of mara, mariners!

oh yeah. she's in there too, huh... she's my default jan.

:xp:

but yeah. the lines don't appear in ModView so I'm thinking it's not the skin but the shader.

Mex
12-14-2002, 03:50 PM
I would like it fixed too, looks very dumb when you are playing it in-game, heres what people said when I was playing
"Got the new Mace Windu model?"
"Yeah but its got a big ass on its head"
"I know, dumb eh? And look at the shoulder! You can see something black when you crouch"

:rolleyes:

t3rr0r
12-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mariners2001
but yeah. the lines don't appear in ModView so I'm thinking it's not the skin but the shader.
actually, when i was reworking the jawa skins the hood and cloak had the same problem (the edges of the skin, where they didn't "paint", showed ingame, but not in modview)... so it isn't the shader.

Toonces
12-14-2002, 04:21 PM
If I knew how to fix it I would, I'll look into it later

It doesnt show up in Max either btw :)

Flanders, explain to me what this shoulder problem is

Oh, if they have a problem with it tell them to make their own ****ing model, Arco and I worked our asses off on Mace

Toonces
12-14-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just getting pissed, I'm giving up my entire weekend for these three models.

Anyway, sorry for getting angry, I'm just a little moody today. I think I'm going to go out and get some beer.

Obi is next btw :D

Mex
12-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Its when you crouch, on his left shoulder you see a little bit of black stuff, [it does for me]

Hekx
12-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Rebel_Spy
Thanks Hkx Nx, I already read that thread, sometime ago, I think that the most easiest way to change saber color is to create autoexec.cfg under gamedata folder with the following line:

bind 1 "helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; weapon 1; helpusobi 0"

so, when you hit the "1" key, you are changing the color and also selecting the ligthsaber. What do you think? You could just add:
helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; helpusobi 0
to the autoexec.cfg ;)

------ Back to the model ------
I've noticed that ring on the top of his head; don't look too obvious though if you play as Mace.

I didn't notice any shoulder glitches :confused:
The only small problem I could see was the ring on the head :)
Which I personally don't see as a big deal since after all; it's an old Q3 engine ;) :D

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 04:30 PM
I would like it fixed too, looks very dumb when you are playing it in-game, heres what people said when I was playing
"Got the new Mace Windu model?"
"Yeah but its got a big ass on its head"
"I know, dumb eh? And look at the shoulder! You can see something black when you crouch"

Well, it certainly doesn't ruin the model or anything. Toonces did an awesome job on this and I really respect his free contributions to this game. The shoulder problem is the game's fault as you can't do any new animations - not Toonces.

actually, when i was reworking the jawa skins the hood and cloak had the same problem (the edges of the skin, where they didn't "paint", showed ingame, but not in modview)... so it isn't the shader.

Hmm...never thought about that. I might try and rework the head texture and see if it makes a difference.

Toonces
12-14-2002, 04:32 PM
That's why I'm having such huge trouble figureing out what the heck is wrong with his head. If it doesn't show up in Max or Modview I'm almost at a loss as what to do.

Q3a lighting is atrocious

Mex
12-14-2002, 04:34 PM
I am not critizising this model, its fantastic, I use it all the time!

I dont really mind about the shoulder, I am playing the game too much to care about silly bugs...
You rock Toonces and Acro! :D

Matt-Liell
12-14-2002, 04:36 PM
who cares what some stupid people say while you're playing? Toonces and Arco did a great job, simply amazing! :thumbsup:

Toonces
12-14-2002, 04:39 PM
I don't take that stuff personally guys, I'm just in a rotten mood and the last thing I wanted to hear was that I had another bug to fix. I WILL look into it, but I'm not sure how much that will accomplish

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Okay! I found the problem with the head glitch! As t3rr0r said, the part of the head texture that was not skinned (and is black) shows up on the model. All I did to fix it was to change the black on the head texture to Mace's skin color. Works like a charm now and there is no lines on his head! Toonces, if you want me to send you what I've done, let me know.

Mex
12-14-2002, 04:41 PM
who cares what some stupid people say while you're playing? Toonces and Arco did a great job, simply amazing! :thumbsup:

You took the words out of my mouth. :thumbsup:
EDIT: You got it fixed! Yay! :party1:

skywalker19
12-14-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just getting pissed, I'm giving up my entire weekend for these three models.

Anyway, sorry for getting angry, I'm just a little moody today. I think I'm going to go out and get some beer.

Obi is next btw :D

WOOHOO Toonces!

So how many skins are coming with obi again?

Mex
12-14-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by skywalker19

So how many skins are coming with obi again?

Go in the Obi thread for that! :)

Hekx
12-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Hopefully Mars skins will be included with the Obi model, because I remember seeing some screenies of most of the clothes designs (even green ;)) and they rocked :D

Toonces
12-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Alright, since Marriner got it right I'll touch it up real quick.

It's going to take me a little while

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Would you just like me to e-mail it to you? It's ready to go.

Toonces
12-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Sure, I think I got it though, shoot it over to my opt addy

I need another set of eyes, let me know if I got it (my eyes deveive me sometime)
[url down]

mariners2001
12-14-2002, 05:53 PM
sorry. didn't catch that picture. i'll send the download link to your e-mail toonces.

EDIT: E-mail sent to your drivingcats account!

Toonces
12-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks Mariners, I just uploaded the new version to Jediknightii.net

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1083

I'm sorry to everybody who has to re-download him, I couldn't let him go like that though

Matt-Liell
12-14-2002, 06:46 PM
PERFECTION TOONCES AND ARCO!

now im going to test my new jk2 map im making with Mace Windu!

Hekx
12-14-2002, 06:52 PM
It's worth re-downloading IMO ;) :)

Darsha_x1
12-14-2002, 07:00 PM
is there anybody to be released tonight..?

Hekx
12-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Darsha_x1
is there anybody to be released tonight..? Either Qui-gon or EP1 Obi-wan will hopefully be released soon ;)
The other model should be released tomorrow after the one released today.

Rebel_Spy
12-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Hkx Nx
You could just add:
helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; helpusobi 0
to the autoexec.cfg ;)

That will ensure that the saber color will be purple at any instance of the game? or just at the first map?

AlzWisHum
12-14-2002, 10:14 PM
The model looks really great, above my spectations! :)

The only little thing that I would change (and it's not on the model itself) is that "No" sound, all the other sounds are great. Again a most impressive job with that model! It was worth even to redownload it (1.1)! :clap2:

squall_dm
12-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Toonces, I hate to bring this to your attention, but Mace Windu's robe is transparent from the front - like a one way texture. This does not happen with Qui-Gon.

NeoMarz1
12-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Hey everyone! I just downloaded Mace! Most increadible! Of course I had to work out a Mace skin as well (nuck! nuck!). I actually just finished it, but I'm gonna wait to release it.

Again, Very Coool! It's been great working with you guys! Mars out!

Zathu Koon
12-16-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by squall_dm
Toonces, I hate to bring this to your attention, but Mace Windu's robe is transparent from the front - like a one way texture. This does not happen with Qui-Gon.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Missing a shader or something. That aside, good job.

WhiteShdw
12-16-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by squall_dm

Try deleting Toonces SP version. I saw that problem only with the SP version installed.

Toonces
12-16-2002, 11:32 AM
That's the problem I beleive, I noticed that yesterday. I'm not sure how to solve the problem, perhaps re-naming the shader file will solve that problem. I'll try that later

WhiteShdw
12-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Sp_mace (http://homepage.bysky.nl/~ka1e1/sp_mace.zip)

That is an updated SP Mace Windu conversion based on the 1.1 mp model. I also included the sounds in this one.

Toonces
12-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Thanks bud, I'm going to put this up for everybody to download

Mex
12-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I dont really mean to be impatient but, I thought Obi-Wan was going to be released yesterday?

[And I really like the SP Mace, I keep getting my ass whooped by those dang reborns.... And I really like it when he dies because you can see his mouth open and close and stuff when he is fighting... Very realistic!] :)

WhiteShdw
12-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Thanks bud, I'm going to put this up for everybody to download

That would be great. You might wanne include your readme. I didn't include any.

Toonces
12-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Yup, I put the zip together and I'll upload it shortly.

Flanders, Obi's ready, I'm just making sure I have his head right, I'm shooting for a release very soon :)

Lord Tnuc
12-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Will we be also shooting for an sp release, also? ::Winkwinknudgenudge.:: For Obi, I mean.

Arco
12-17-2002, 05:28 PM
ah sp player version of obiwan is special. I have done about 6 skins i think for the model that are used ingame... for certain evil jedi reborn types and their rather tall master. I might post some pictures of them later... if you are lucky. hohoho. Merry Christmas!

Arco:deathii:

-: jingle jingle jingle :-

Darsha_x1
12-17-2002, 05:39 PM
is Obi supposed to be realised today?

Lord Tnuc
12-17-2002, 05:41 PM
. Yer such a sweety, arco. ;.;

Hekx
12-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Darsha_x1
is Obi supposed to be realised today? I hope so. :( Toonces last post was 3 hours ago and still no model :(
Ah well, back to waiting ;)

gt r?
12-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Looks like i have to do what i always do ...wait....again....

Anyway i really hope Obi will be released soon
:(

:deathii: Evil

Lord Tnuc
12-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Obi's ready, I'm just making sure I have his head right, I'm shooting for a release very soon

=/...It's not like he said he'd release it in five minutes. He said soon...and he'll release it soon. It's not like he owes you the model or anything.

Edit: Also. I'm pretty sure he has a life, too. ;)

Hekx
12-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Shouldn't this all be in the actual EP1 Obi thread? :p

I guess I'll just have to wait until the model's released :)

Toonces
12-17-2002, 10:08 PM
heh, shortly after I made that post I had to go out and well, live a little :D Anyway, adress the Obi questions in the Obi thread, It's sorta my own fault this got started, but starting now...

Master Qui-Gon
03-13-2003, 03:39 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the robe off in sp? It's been so long since I've messed with this that I can't remember.

Eldritch
03-13-2003, 08:34 AM
model samuel_l/default

That should do it, I think.

Higginson
03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
I dnt think tht works in SP Aru-Wen (well it didnt for me anyway). the way i do it, is open the pk3, thn open the model_default.skin with notepad, and evry line tht has anything to do with robes, eg. torso_robe, u change the file directory it looks in and write nodraw in stead. u wud start with this for example:

torso_robe,models/players/samuel_l/torso_robe.jpg

u wud change it to

torso_robe,nodraw

and it should work. if it doesnt thn i think there is an sp mace out there sumwhere. not sure where tho.

Hellfire Jedi
03-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Sorry for off topic but...
*****ing sweet av Higgi!

Master Qui-Gon
03-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Grr... now I can't get it off the qui-gon model.