PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Mace Windu

Pages : [1] 2

Toonces
10-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Since I sorta made a mess in the Qui-Gon thread with one of my side projects (It's not a side project anymore) KMan asked me to start a new thread.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it yet

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-fin.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace1.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace2.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace3.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace4.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace5.jpg

I'm still tweaking the geometry, Arco is doing the skin

El Sitherino
10-20-2002, 10:51 PM
yay finally the mace has its own thread

Sam
10-20-2002, 10:52 PM
The eyes are a bit weird but everything else looks good.

Professor Snape
10-20-2002, 11:07 PM
aight good. Now we will see the qui gon and this. Are u gonna make a thread for obi wan

MysticSpade
10-20-2002, 11:09 PM
hey toonces i actually think the eyes are fine. everything else i like as well the model is very nice indeed. good work.

Scotchy
10-21-2002, 12:25 AM
The eyes definately need to be a bit bigger... and closer together. Check some reference shots of mace and chack against them... the eyes definately need to be bigger.

Looking awesome otherwise. Keep up the good work toonces.

skywalker19
10-21-2002, 02:17 AM
Toonces,how in the heck do you manage all these projects at once?! It's mind boggling lol

jaybiggspr
10-21-2002, 04:53 AM
2 crits I have, although they arent that big of a deal, are that his skin *might be a shade too dark but it might just be the pic, and maybe you could smooth out the textures on his robes. Like I said they really arent that important to me and I want to say good work. Looking forward! BTW I know this is off topic but where the pickles are all of the JKII servers these days?

12thMonkey
10-21-2002, 04:56 AM
I think the actual white in his eyes is to bright and this makes him look shocked. Also the brown in his eyes is to light.

Mace Windu (http://membres.lycos.fr/jvout/Macewindu.jpg)

Arco
10-21-2002, 05:32 AM
on those shots i think he is using the old eye texture. apart from the one by me. I'm sorry toonces I forgot to send you teh new one.

Toonces is a very busy man... I am surprised he finds time for all this tweekage. But then I have no time whatsoever due to my 10 or so skining projects. I think me an Toonces like to do lots of stuff at once... either that or we are crazy!

I will update both this and the obiwan thread today...

Arco:deathii:

AKPiggott
10-21-2002, 06:14 AM
Hey Toonces, looks good so far. I have a favour to ask though. Can you please add facial bones to it? I'm in fairly desperate need of a fully posable Mace Windu for my SP level. Cheers.

Enjoi9187
10-21-2002, 06:40 AM
the nostrils need to be at more of an angle, so u can kinda see up his nose, and the bridge of the nose needs to be farther apart along with the eyes. Maybe try to accent his jawline a bit more and make his forehead (his eyebrow line) protrude a tad.

Arco
10-21-2002, 06:42 AM
toonces is rigging it for facial animation. I think he does that with all his models. Cos he is a dude.

new skinage soon.

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Shogun Lee
I think the actual white in his eyes is to bright and this makes him look shocked. Also the brown in his eyes is to light.

Mace Windu (http://membres.lycos.fr/jvout/Macewindu.jpg)

That link doesn't work for me.

::sniffs the air:: Mmm, fresh thread. :D

-Anakin

Arco
10-21-2002, 08:34 AM
ok update. I have done an icon of him and here is a shot of teh finished skin. I am still gonna tweek a few things on his face but I think that to make it look more like him toonces needs to do some more tweeks. Maybe elongate the head a bit to thin it out... make the jaw a little bit pointier. and for sure fix the shape of the head... not to worry toonces I will talk to you later about it.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/icon_default.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-body-fin.jpg

Darth Loki
10-21-2002, 08:39 AM
nice, arco. elongating the head a little should be beneficial. his head still looks a little bulbous to me (though, this may be because he's bald)...

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 09:01 AM
His lips should be moved up closer to the end of his nose.

Reference pic : http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=aotc-mace_windu_lg.jpg&img=&tt=

MysticSpade
10-21-2002, 10:23 AM
thx for the update ARCO glad to see it. the skinwork is great. also u and Toonces make a godly team.

Professor Snape
10-21-2002, 11:19 AM
holy jar jar that was fast.

Prime
10-21-2002, 11:22 AM
u and Toonces make
a godly team.
I'll second that :p

I just can't wait for this and the other models to be released. It looks like Mace and Qui-Gon are really close now. Has there been an updated estimate of a release timeframe? Are we looking at days, weeks, or months? No pressure of course, I'd much rather they be done properly (which they obviously are) than rushed out. I'm just wondering if I'm getting my hopes up expecting Mace to be released soon, because it looks really close. Is there much more work that needs to be done?

Just wondering. Your awesome models bring out the impatience in me! ;)

_NinjaGaiden_
10-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Ok I Dont Mean to Pick but The head Shape is a little off and the jedi robes are a tad too light but other than that it looks pretty good .......one question why does Klorels Skins look a lot smoother?

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_
Ok I Dont Mean to Pick but The head Shape is a little off and the jedi robes are a tad too light but other than that it looks pretty good .......one question why does Klorels Skins look a lot smoother?

Because Arco skinned this version. They're not using Klorel's skins.

I do agree the outer robes are a bit too light and the fabric too rough... the inner robe though is a light cream color, but it hardly is seen - perhaps modify it a bit?

-Anakin

:EDIT: Toonces, I wish you would consider using a different model to base the body on - not trying to knock Tex's work but it's not the most accurate jedi attire...

Toonces
10-21-2002, 01:24 PM
Looks great Arco :) I love the icon

Anakin_S I'm just wondering how off you think the body is? I remodeled the hips and he belt, as well as make a couple of tweaks for accuracy. I was thinking of using either Kit's body or completely making a new one but I thought with a couple of changes the body is pretty accurate. I still have some proportional changes to make.

AKPiggott, I wouldn't release any model without adding the facial bones, so fear not :D

Have some tweaks to make still on the head, I would have made them last night but I got sleepy :)

skywalker19
10-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Here's another couple reference pic's for the face,although i think it's pretty close now.

Ref. Pic 1 (http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/Postcards/1038.JPG)

Ref. Pic 2 (http://riddlesinthedark.com/RebelsHaven/Images/Mace/Mace003.jpg)

hope these can help in some sorta way.

ARCO,great job btw

edit:found some more ref pics,mainly for the robe/body :). For these last 3,copy and paste the shortcut,its geo****ies i tellz ya.

Ref. Pic 3 (http://www.geocities.com/flyinghellfish01/aotc-mace_windu.jpg)

Ref. Pic 4 (http://www.geocities.com/flyinghellfish01/aotc-mace_windu02.jpg)

Ref. Pic 5 (http://www.geocities.com/flyinghellfish01/aotc-mace_windu_lg.jpg)

inbredyokel
10-21-2002, 02:01 PM
I think the big problem with Tex's model when used with Mace is that his clothing looks too exaggerated. Take the shoulders, for example. On the last body shot, they look very wide and pointed, almost super-hero like. If you look at shots of sam in aotc, you can see that his clothing is really baggy, and it almost melts of his shoulders and hangs over his belt quite a bit. I think that's also a major problem with the sleeves, which look really narrow. Klorel got it about right on his mace(and misterpunch on plo), you just have to resign to the fact that the cuffs point backwards a little when his arms are down. Overall, it just looks too well-fitting and not very comfortable.
Another thing I noticed(but this might be addressed when you reshape the head) is that his neck is waaay too long and thin, and I see this on obi as well. Samuel L Jackson has a very thick and short neck, and the lower part of his head is also much wider.

As always, awsome work from both of you. It'll just take a little time to capture such a distinctive likeness. And, I don't mean to sound threatening, but if you mess up Mace I'm going to have to start making threats ;)

keo718
10-21-2002, 02:19 PM
I think I've said everything I can say about Mace. Its all in the Qui-Gon thread.

As far as his face, I did this quick paint over of the first base skin(geometry was the focus).

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/mace2.jpg

Asked for his clothes, look at this pic.

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani.jpg

*copy & paste both*

Make those adjustments, and he'll be done. That is all the feedback I have.

Toonces
10-21-2002, 02:21 PM
The shoulders were one of the proportional changes I still have yet to make, I agree they are a little pointy ;) I'm actually making some tweaks now, trying to get the clothing right. I'll post some shots in a little bit

edit: About the robe, there are two things I can do, I can make a completely new model for just the robed version (like MP did with Plo Koon) or I can attach a robe to the current model. (like Tyrion) I chose the latter to save some time, the tradeoff is that there is no way I can make the robe look quite as good as it did in the movie, the animation system doesnt support anything like that currently so I have to build the robe around the model and adjust for clipping. This will make the robe quite bulky

12thMonkey
10-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

That link doesn't work for me.

::sniffs the air:: Mmm, fresh thread. :D

-Anakin

It works fine for me.

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
Looks great Arco :) I love the icon

Anakin_S I'm just wondering how off you think the body is? I remodeled the hips and he belt, as well as make a couple of tweaks for accuracy. I was thinking of using either Kit's body or completely making a new one but I thought with a couple of changes the body is pretty accurate.

I think Kit's body is better than Qui-Gon's, but that's just my personal opinion.

As far as the accuracy thing, here it goes:
The shoulders are too wide (even for Liam, but especially for Sam).

The Kimono (layer underneath the tabards) seems to be wrapped too tightly. Keo's second reference pic shows this well... there's another layer of clothing that is barely seen because the two parts of the kimono cross each other much higher than they should.

The sleeves in the model seem to be one width for the entire arm... they should start smaller near the shoulder and be quite open and wide by the time they get to the wrist. As it was stated, this will make the cuffs point backwards when standing still, but how often do you stand still while playing, huh?

The belt should be thicker (again, observe Keo's second reference pic - look how much area of the sash the belt covers) and Mace carries around those food capsules, which are absent from the model (but could be skinned fairly easily, I suppose). The pouches on the belt are the same as the ones Anakin uses... -Tercero- has already modeled the pouches for use on his Anakin model, so perhaps you could use those?

The tabards should be slightly less wide above the belt, and be the same width below it... the model's tabards are skinny below the belt and then curve and fan out. As the tabards are not seperate, they should be the same width, and should not curve and fan out. Sam's tabards in the movie went straight down and were pretty centered, so they should be brought in closer together.

From the little of the legs I see it appears they narrow too much before meeting the boot, but i'd need to see more pics to be sure. Also, those aren't Sam's boots. ;)

Last but not least, on the subject of the Robe... Mace's robe sleeves are longer even then the Emperor's (I can get a reference pic to show you if you need it), and I think it would look too silly if you modeled the robe the way it's shown (think of the Emperor's backwards cuffs but WORSE), so you can either modify it or not model it at all (my vote - not every Jedi model has to have a robe, and especially since there's no clothing animation...).

Anyway, I think those are the main points on accuracy. :D
I think it would be cool also to model the lightsaber onto his belt... this is being done by Edward Peretti on the Mara Jade model and it looks great. It's something to consider...

-Anakin

keo718
10-21-2002, 04:15 PM
One last comment, his eyes need to be bigger in uniform scale and closer together like I had previously mentioned.

Last but not least, on the subject of the Robe... Mace's robe sleeves are longer even then the Emperor's (I can get a reference pic to show you if you need it), and I think it would look too silly if you modeled the robe the way it's shown (think of the Emperor's backwards cuffs but WORSE), so you can either modify it or not model it at all (my vote - not every Jedi model has to have a robe, and especially since there's no clothing animation...).
Maybe if he curved the sleeve instead of having it come to such a sharp point it would be ok.

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by keo718
One last comment, his eyes need to be bigger in uniform scale and closer together like I had previously mentioned.

Maybe if he curved the sleeve instead of having it come to such a sharp point it would be ok.

I knew I forgot something. :)

Not sure about the curve... i'd have to see it to tell, but it sounds like an idea worth looking into.

Toonces
10-21-2002, 04:59 PM
I haven't tweaked everything I'm going to on the body proportionally, give me time. Also Arco and my past track record always includes a few deviations from the movie depictions, I know this bothers some people, but we're trying :)

And on the robe issue, I'm not going to do super long sleeves, they are like the ones ont he tyrion model. I can't get the robe right, it's impossible with the current system, so either I remove it completely or I do it like I have it. I'm not removing it, but you can play without it of cource :D

skywalker19
10-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Toonces,check my reference pic # 4(copy the shortcut and paste it in your address bar). Thats a big damned robe! Is it possible you can edit palpatines a bit and throw it on Mace instead of the tyrion one? I'd prefer that robe,not sure about anyone else.

{xg}darthVADER
10-21-2002, 06:14 PM
looks greta its realy f*cking awsome

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 06:37 PM
I haven't tweaked everything I'm going to on the body proportionally, give me time. Also Arco and my past track record always includes a few deviations from the movie depictions, I know this bothers some people, but we're trying :)

And on the robe issue, I'm not going to do super long sleeves, they are like the ones ont he tyrion model. I can't get the robe right, it's impossible with the current system, so either I remove it completely or I do it like I have it. I'm not removing it, but you can play without it of cource :D

Sounds good to me.

BTW, have you decided what to do concerning my little request? :D

-Anakin

Arco
10-21-2002, 07:06 PM
yeah it doesn't have to be spot on. I mean come on food cansiters on his belt??? maybe he ate them! Look at The tercero anakin model altho it is obviously the most amazingly acurate mesh I have seen pretty much ever... it has still taken him forever to do it and still it ain't done. But that is his bag baby I ain't got no probs with that. But with me and Toonces we just try to get the feel of the guy we are making... acuracy isn't what we go for. Maybe our Mace is wearing his evening jedi robes.... who knows. Anyway it is pretty close now and i am not going to go mental on the details.... who is going to see them when the guy is putting a purple lightsaber thru your head anyway? All you will see is a speeding jedi blur!

heh god I sound manic. Anyhew thats just how I work.... I like to add a little bit of myself into my stuff and I think Toonces feels the same.

WACKO!

PS: me an toonces should be updating soon.... ooooOOOOoooo

__CKY__
10-21-2002, 07:14 PM
:eek: that model looks really good GJ on it.

inbredyokel
10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
I wonder if misterpunch would mind if you borrowed a few components from Plo....I'm sure he planned for the deformation that would occur and modeled probably the best robe possible.
Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Shadyz
10-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Holy SH*T toonces may I have permission to use that after its done for Zeus's and I's Genosian arena?

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Arco
yeah it doesn't have to be spot on. I mean come on food cansiters on his belt??? maybe he ate them! Look at The tercero anakin model altho it is obviously the most amazingly acurate mesh I have seen pretty much ever... it has still taken him forever to do it and still it ain't done. But that is his bag baby I ain't got no probs with that. But with me and Toonces we just try to get the feel of the guy we are making... acuracy isn't what we go for. Maybe our Mace is wearing his evening jedi robes.... who knows. Anyway it is pretty close now and i am not going to go mental on the details.... who is going to see them when the guy is putting a purple lightsaber thru your head anyway? All you will see is a speeding jedi blur!

Tercero's model taking forever to come out doesn't really have to do with the amount of detail he's putting into it... has to do with his personal life, so I don't think that should be held against him...

As for the food capsules - Toonces asked me how it could be more accurate, and I responded.
And I don't think you should go mental on the details either - I think the model looks great. However, it's the details that really make you say, "Yep, that's Mace (or Anakin or whoever)" and that's what seperates the good models from the truely great ones. Again, not knocking your work, it's just that Tex's models were never really refined... they've been tweaked by Toonces quite a bit, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the models were never really finished. Anyway, that's my two cents. Keep up the good work you two. :)

-Anakin

Toonces
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM
BTW, have you decided what to do concerning my little request? :D

Sure, I'll do it for you, it might take me a week or so to finish as I have other obligations, but I'll try and have it done soon :)

Originally posted by Shadyz
Holy SH*T toonces may I have permission to use that after its done for Zeus's and I's Genosian arena?

Didn't you e-mail me about this?

As for the food capsules - Toonces asked me how it could be more accurate, and I responded.
And I don't think you should go mental on the details either - I think the model looks great. However, it's the details that really make you say, "Yep, that's Mace (or Anakin or whoever)" and that's what seperates the good models from the truely great ones. Again, not knocking your work, it's just that Tex's models were never really refined... they've been tweaked by Toonces quite a bit, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the models were never really finished. Anyway, that's my two cents. Keep up the good work you two

Tercero is a dedicated man, I admire that, he also probly has an attention span much longer than mine ;) My models will probly never be as close to the movie versions as some may like, I like to change things up a little :)

I've made some more proportional changes to the body, I'll put up some shots in a little while. I also may model something extra on the belt, just to make it look more intresting :)

Shadyz
10-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Mailed u abotu fisto and plo...anyways THANKS!

Eldritch
10-21-2002, 11:59 PM

Sure, I'll do it for you, it might take me a week or so to finish as I have other obligations, but I'll try and have it done soon :)

Thanks much. You're the man, Toonces. I do need it a certain size however, as I can't scale models in Radiant. I'll email you with the measurements and whenever you get to it is great.

And I'm anxiously awaiting new pics of Mace from ya. :D

Toonces
10-22-2002, 12:21 AM
I'll send you my private e-mail addy in a moment so you can get in touch with me more quickly :)

Anyway, back on topic quick, since I love pictures so much :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macebody1.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macebody2.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macebody3.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macerobe1.jpg
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macerobe2.jpg

On the robe, unless I do a completely new body it's going to appear bulky, the animation system doesn't support things like that, anyway, feel free to coment on the robe, but any changes in geometry will come after the unrobed version is finished, and only if it's possible for me to do so

Shadyz
10-22-2002, 12:23 AM
HOLY!! That looks great Toonces..I bow down. :D We need a genosian warrior so mace can kick his arse lol

Will you be realeasing a robed and unrobed version? Sorry if its been asked. :D

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 12:39 AM
No, he's making the robed version so he can keep it to himself. :rolleyes: He just posted pictures of the robe, so i'm not sure why you asked...

Looks good Toonces, but why is the Robe so dark?

Shadyz
10-22-2002, 12:43 AM
Just wanted toknow cause I prefer unrobed version :D Aslong hes making that lol

Darth Loki
10-22-2002, 01:49 AM
I think that the robe isn't textured yet anakin_s...

looks great toonces.

Sounds Risky
10-22-2002, 03:01 AM
His head looks kind of small.

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Matt Shoemaker
His head looks kind of small.

It's because the shoulders are too wide.

Sounds Risky
10-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Look at his head compared to his hands or feet.

Mex
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
ITS ABSOLOTELY, POSITIVELY, AMAZING! Its the first time ive been on these forums, and this is the first WIP ives seen, but its amazing!!!! :cool:

keo718
10-22-2002, 03:28 PM
http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eo718/macebody.jpg

copy & paste.

The different clothing of Mace Windu from the other Jedi is what makes him authentic. I don't have pics of the boots though....

edit: His head looks kind of small.

Thats because from his eyebrows up, his head is not long enough.
IMO the shoulders are fine. They should just slope downward more.

edit: Also Toonces, in the back Mace's tabards do not cross. They come to a V shape as they nearly touch the belt, as in the front.

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macebody2.jpg

§ith Lord
10-22-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey Toonces,

My comment on the robe...unless you feel like making a completely brand new body (which I'm guessing would be a pain in the butt) Id say toss out the robe, its just too bulky. I'd feel fine with him not wearing a robe.

And for the skin, let me say Arco you are doing a fantastic job. it looks great, but as I mentioned before add some highlights and shadows to his neck, it looks just like a plain brown texture wrapped around his neck.

All in all fellas, fantastic job. and toonces drop me an email when you begin working on Luke, Id love to help out with the skin.

keo718
10-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Id say toss out the robe, its just too bulky

The robe will look better when the shoulders are sloped more. I say keep it Toonces. Besides, you can choose whether or not to wear it.

Edit: Good Job by the way. It's looking nice.

skywalker19
10-22-2002, 03:58 PM
[B]http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eo718/macebody.jpg

copy & paste.

The different clothing of Mace Windu from the other Jedi is what makes him authentic. I don't have pics of the boots though....

Not sure,but if you blow this pic i threw up on geocities,you might be able to get a good look at the boots,hope its some sorta help.

Boots (http://www.geocities.com/flyinghellfish01/aotc-mace_windu_lg.jpg)

*copy and paste shortcut*

Toonces
10-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys :) On the robe, the model_default will be robeless, it'll work just like tyrion, you'll just type model samuel_L/robed in the console and bam! I can make a absolutely new body, but I can do that later

keo, I'm pretty sure Arco is still planning on skining the front of his inner tunic that yellowish color, I think he just hasn't gotten to it yet :) As for the boots, we've found very few good pics of Mace's boots, but the ones Arco whipped up the other day are very nice, it's a combination of Obi-Wans and Mace's boots, we're going to add a shader to them to make them shiny, it'll look cool :)

I'll post some more headshots for you soon, he still needs some tweaks up there

Oh, Sith, I haven't forgotten about luke :) You know, what I might do it throw some real quick rigging on him and send him out to you as he is now just so you can get started. I'm going to add additional peices to his body, but you could start skining the mainpeices (body, head, cloak) and then when I add some extra goodies you can do those without needing to change any of your skins. Luke is going to have alot of things modeled on him

AKPiggott
10-22-2002, 04:15 PM
AKPiggott, I wouldn't release any model without adding the facial bones, so fear not :D

I love you!

keo718
10-22-2002, 04:24 PM
keo, I'm pretty sure Arco is still planning on skining the front of his inner tunic that yellowish color, I think he just hasn't gotten to it yet

Toonces, its not just the colore I was referring to. What I'm talking about requires more than that. I'll do a diagram for you.

keo718
10-22-2002, 04:52 PM
http://www.geocities.com/eo718/Diagram.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eo718/Mace6.jpg

Copy & paste

Aight, check it out. I hope this helps.

Edit: I updated the pic. I just realized that he has three layers, not two.

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 04:54 PM

Toonces, its not just the colore I was referring to. What I'm talking about requires more than that. I'll do a diagram for you.

Are you talking about what I was trying to suggest (but wasn't too clear)... basically that not enough of the inner tunic (which is cream colored, not yellow) is seen? Or are you talking about something else? Or will I just have to wait for your diagram?

BTW Keo, check your email. Your new avatar is in. :)

keo718
10-22-2002, 05:01 PM
Hey Jedi_Anakin, look one post above yours.

Edit: Toonces, just had to say that your the man for real. By the end of these three models, you will have released more models by yourself than basically the whole community this and last month. Not to mention the other models you're bringing ingame....

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Hey Jedi_Anakin, look one post above yours.

That's basically what I was trying to say, Keo. That the 1st layer (the one closest to his skin) is barely seen because the 2nd layer covers more of it than it should.

But I don't think the 1st layer is light brown, I think it's cream colored. It appears that way in most of the pics I've seen of him, with the exception of the one you posted with your diagram.
His pants are also really white.

:EDIT: Whoops, quoted the wrong post. I should've quoted Keo's previous post.

keo718
10-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Your right about the cream color. I just meant a very, very light brown.

That's basically what I was trying to say, Keo. That the 1st layer (the one closest to his skin) is barely seen because the 2nd layer covers more of it than it should.
Yeah, I don't think he understood that though. Just trying to make it visually clear.

edit: Excellent pic Skywalker19.

WhiteShdw
10-22-2002, 05:18 PM
The robe looks pretty good Toonces. Not that i would play with a robed character, I prefer to see me legs when playing. But it should look very cool in cutscenes and stuff(cough, cough, go AKPiggott:D)

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Your right about the cream color. I just meant a very, very light brown.

Yeah, I don't think he understood that though. Just trying to make it visually clear.

Thanks. I just don't really have the time to make a diagram, and tried (and failed) to describe it in words.

And I agree with you, WhiteShdw... wouldn't use the robe in game, but it'd work good for cutscenes.

skywalker19
10-22-2002, 05:45 PM
Thx Keo

It's incredibly hard to find a picture with the boots visible,guess it's because there really not that important(are to me though,i love detail :D ).

I'll be sure to keep my eye open toonces,if you need any other sorta pics just ask :)

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by skywalker19
Thx Keo

It's incredibly hard to find a picture with the boots visible,guess it's because there really not that important(are to me though,i love detail :D ).

I'll be sure to keep my eye open toonces,if you need any other sorta pics just ask :)

That's a great picture of the boots. They remind me of swashbuckler boots or something. Very cool.

keo718
10-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Oops.... Toonces, I made a mistake concerning the back of Mace's clothing. I just watched ATOC again and it turns out that Mace has NO tabards showing in the back at all. Sorry.

Oh, and Arco, the color could be more brownish and less pale for his outer wear.... (alright I'll stop now)

Eldritch
10-22-2002, 09:47 PM
Oops.... Toonces, I made a mistake concerning the back of Mace's clothing. I just watched ATOC again and it turns out that Mace has NO tabards showing in the back at all. Sorry.

Oh, and Arco, the color could be more brownish and less pale for his outer wear.... (alright I'll stop now)

Old Obi Wan in episode IV had no tabards in the back... the tabard was one long piece of cloth that went behind his neck and down the other side so it looked like there were two. Weird, huh?

seks03
10-23-2002, 04:57 AM
just want to say you guys are doing awsome work and thanks for including a robe with this model

and to everyone who wants to see all of this models pictures can visit

http://www.jedimoves.com/

under the request page. thanks again toonces, Arco

Kururin
10-23-2002, 09:23 AM
JEDI_Anakin_S you always write alot ... lol

Eldritch
10-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by seks03
just want to say you guys are doing awsome work and thanks for including a robe with this model

and to everyone who wants to see all of this models pictures can visit

http://www.jedimoves.com/

under the request page. thanks again toonces, Arco

Seks, that's the exact same post you left in the Qui-Gon thread. First of all, you should put that website in your signature. Second of all, it's against forum rules to spam like you've done with those 2 posts, so I advise you to change your tactics before a moderator changes them for you.

And JDiesel, I write a lot because I've got a lot to say. :D
Is that so bad?

PalnGipanji
10-24-2002, 01:50 AM
Uh...

The robe can be made to fit correctly... I'm not so sure why this is a big problem. Just hide the arm and torso surfaces and make a torso front for the robed version. That would take all of 5 minutes. Just a thought. Great work Toonces! (As if... :p)

Eldritch
10-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by PalnGipanji
Uh...

The robe can be made to fit correctly... I'm not so sure why this is a big problem. Just hide the arm and torso surfaces and make a torso front for the robed version. That would take all of 5 minutes. Just a thought. Great work Toonces! (As if... :p)

I'm not a modeler, but I still think there'd be some serious problems with that approach...

Kururin
10-24-2002, 09:07 AM
"And JDiesel, I write a lot because I've got a lot to say. :D
Is that so bad?"

No, I just think its funny.:D

Eldritch
10-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JDiesal
"And JDiesel, I write a lot because I've got a lot to say. :D
Is that so bad?"

No, I just think its funny.:D

Just doing my part...

skywalker19
10-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Damn Anakin,another great avatar :D

Gram_Reaper
10-24-2002, 01:09 PM
yeah nice work on both robed and unrobed version. It looks pretty close to the movie Mace, but i still cant put my finger on what to critique.

PalnGipanji
10-24-2002, 03:26 PM

I'm not a modeler, but I still think there'd be some serious problems with that approach...

Such as? You really shouldn't condemn an approach without proper evidence to do so. You don't need to be a modeler to understand how surfaces are shown/hidden in the JK2 engine. I'm sure you know all about this yourself. So, if the robe would not be on when the torso is on, and vice versa, what exactly is the harm in this approach? The only drawback I can see from this is the poly count... if the character doesn't have the budget to spend on adding a torso front to the robe, then that could be a problem. Other than that, it's just a case of hiding and showing the correct surfaces...

Or maybe the original torso can just be modified so the robe fits better. Whichever Toonces wants to do is fine with me! (And should be! :p)

AKPiggott
10-24-2002, 04:10 PM
I don't like to sound like one of those whiney forum users who plague so many threads, but will we have to wait for the completion of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan for the release of this model?

I guess I'm just too eager to see Mace appear in my level. That purple saber with the gold handle doesn't suit Kyle at all.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-24-2002, 04:26 PM
LOL your Right AKPiggott it doesnt..... Well based on the screenshots i dont think it will be too much longer

Toonces
10-24-2002, 04:30 PM
I have a feeling that Mace will be out second, Qui-Gon is essentially done, and so is Mace :D I can't give you a set release date, but it's close

PalnGipanji, I've actually thought about doing something like this before, it wouldnt take me very long to just try. I already have the arms removed in the .surf file, what I might do is clone the Torso and greatly shrink it down at the top for when he is only wearing the robe, I have to see if it looks funny or not, then I'd just turn it on via the .surf. If might look really funny, then again it might just work :)

Padawan_7
10-24-2002, 04:34 PM
Who's doing the sounds for Mace, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon?

PalnGipanji
10-24-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
I don't like to sound like one of those whiney forum users who plague so many threads...

Then don't. :)

It'll be done when it's done. There are other Mace Windu skins to use for now, as a placeholder until this model's release. Plus, who cares what order the models are released? We should all be thankful that there are people like Toonces, KMan, Arco, Grafox, Tercero, etc, who give their free time to help so many people get extra enjoyment out of this game. Sure, we all get impatient from time to time out of excitement and curiousity, but we do have the ability to "just say no" to that Submit Reply button. :p

So... just be patient... I'm sure the authors would appreciate it as much as those here trying to offer constructive points of view to the project. All the projects will be done in due time, and we'll all be better for the time it took to refine the details that make them so desirable.

PalnGipanji
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
PalnGipanji, I've actually thought about doing something like this before, it wouldnt take me very long to just try. I already have the arms removed in the .surf file, what I might do is clone the Torso and greatly shrink it down at the top for when he is only wearing the robe, I have to see if it looks funny or not, then I'd just turn it on via the .surf. If might look really funny, then again it might just work :)

My only hesitance in suggesting it was the fact that you'd have to essentially weight a second torso. But your method sounds like what I'd do... you have the robe model already. Just tweak it so it looks as if it falls correctly on his frame, then dupliate the faces of the torso and delete any faces that would be hidden by the robe. Then I'd create a few faces to make the robe two sided and meet the torso at a point before the arms would be visible between the torso and robe. And of course, hide the original arm and torso surfaces. :)

Then again, you had to weight the robe itself... so maybe it won't be too big of a deal to do the robe and torso... ? I'm not sure of this though, since I haven't tried weighting yet. (Well, for the JK2 engine... I've done character animation before in Maya. Even wrote my thesis on it. :) ) I'd be very interested to see how it turns out, Toonces, even if it looks weird... just to have a comparison. Thanks for giving the idea consideration!

Eldritch
10-24-2002, 05:00 PM

... we do have the ability to "just say no" to that Submit Reply button. :p

Next time, "just say yes" to using that edit button instead of posting twice. :D

Great news about the models, Toonces. Take your time - I'd rather you be satisfied with their quality before you release anything.

Toonces
10-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I will, that's one of the things that drove me crazy about Kit, when I was almost finished with him I realised that I should have built his body much differently and really wanted to scrap him and start all over, this wont happen with Mace :D

Originally posted by AKPiggott
I guess I'm just too eager to see Mace appear in my level. That purple saber with the gold handle doesn't suit Kyle at all.

For your single player level? I think you just need to know filepaths and what not to set it up right? The pk3 will probly follow what I've done in the past so it'll be called ct_windu.pk3 The directory structure will be /models/players/samuel_L/

mariners2001
10-24-2002, 06:02 PM
i thought obiwan was planned to be released with qui-gon...isn't obiwan nowhere near being close to completed?

AKPiggott
10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
I have a feeling that Mace will be out second, Qui-Gon is essentially done, and so is Mace :D I can't give you a set release date, but it's close

Ahh, nice one. I was unsure whether you would release them in a pack.

So... just be patient... I'm sure the authors would appreciate it as much as those here trying to offer constructive points of view to the project. All the projects will be done in due time, and we'll all be better for the time it took to refine the details that make them so desirable.

I'm an established game editor myself, so I am all too familiar with having people whining at me to release something. I understand as much as anyone here that time is required to make quality product, and the last thing I want is for Toonces to rush it. I wasn't telling him to release it as quickly as possible, I was just enquiring as to see how high a priority this model ranks against his other projects and/or whether or not they will all be released in a pack.

For your single player level? I think you just need to know filepaths and what not to set it up right? The pk3 will probly follow what I've done in the past so it'll be called ct_windu.pk3 The directory structure will be /models/players/samuel_L/

Yeah, don't worry Too' I got it all sorted. Because Raven didn't have time to properly implement editability when it comes to player templates, I have to replace the Kyle model. Simple process, I just extract the model directories and place them in my mod PK3, rename "samuel_L" to "kyle" and adjust all the file paths in the SKIN files accordingly. After that I'll delete the player icons and team colour textures for Mace because that will just take up unnecessary space. Piece o' cake...

Hellfire Jedi
10-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Here is what i need to know
When will all your excelent models be out
Qui-Gon looks finished!! Its great
Toonces im glad u started modeling for us JK2 players hope u continue with GREAT models...
im being a kiss up but i think this al deserves it
Mace looks SWEET especailly with the cape :D
Bye Bye All

PalnGipanji
10-24-2002, 08:03 PM

Next time, "just say yes" to using that edit button instead of posting twice. :D

They were two totally different replies, and I didn't know anyone else had posted until I submitted the first one. No need to edit a thread to add the second reply just because... and no need to wait until someone else replies before submitting my own. Bleh!

Eldritch
10-24-2002, 08:07 PM

They were two totally different replies, and I didn't know anyone else had posted until I submitted the first one. No need to edit a thread to add the second reply just because... and no need to wait until someone else replies before submitting my own. Bleh!

If they had been posted an hour apart, I wouldn't have said anything. But since they were posted 5 minutes apart, you should use the edit button and just add new information to your previous post.

Scotchy
10-24-2002, 08:49 PM

If they had been posted an hour apart, I wouldn't have said anything. But since they were posted 5 minutes apart, you should use the edit button and just add new information to your previous post.

...Or he could have done it the way he did it. Sometimes the subject of a post is sufficiently different from the subject of the preceding post to warrant double-posting. Just because something has the same author does not mean that it is about the same thing. Splitting posts by subject matter (assuming they are sufficiently different and of and of an appropriate length) is probably a wiser choice in most cases than posting 200 lines of info in one post. Think of it as different pages in a paper.

I run several forums and have established this as a general rule of thumb.

skywalker19
10-24-2002, 08:51 PM
hey Toonces,ever consider throwing each characters respective saber hilt in the package? not a big deal but just a thought

Eldritch
10-24-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Scotchy

...Or he could have done it the way he did it. Sometimes the subject of a post is sufficiently different from the subject of the preceding post to warrant double-posting. Just because something has the same author does not mean that it is about the same thing. Splitting posts by subject matter (assuming they are sufficiently different and of and of an appropriate length) is probably a wiser choice in most cases than posting 200 lines of info in one post. Think of it as different pages in a paper.

I run several forums and have established this as a general rule of thumb.

Ok, I originally said it as a joke... that's why I put the big :D at the end of it. Plus I figured it would be funny... he said, "just say no," I said "just say yes." Plus the general rule of thumb for this forum is to not post 2 times in a row within the space of about an hour or so. Ask any moderator. But like I said, it was a joke, and people got defensive when they didn't have to, so just drop it.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Toonces your the man! Hope you Stay with jk 2

PalnGipanji
10-25-2002, 02:11 PM

Ok, I originally said it as a joke... that's why I put the big :D at the end of it. Plus I figured it would be funny... he said, "just say no," I said "just say yes." Plus the general rule of thumb for this forum is to not post 2 times in a row within the space of about an hour or so. Ask any moderator. But like I said, it was a joke, and people got defensive when they didn't have to, so just drop it.

Why do you get the final say? I really don't think you meant the first post as a joke, because clearly you believe deeply in what you were supposedly joking about. I got defensive because you were quite frankly offensive. I don't need you telling me how to post on this or any thread, especially when the intent is to help Toonces and all out with the model and not to nitpick about someone's posting habits. If you want to do that, by all means send me a PM. If you feel the need to do it publicly, then I'm not going to back off just because your highness tires of the trite argument he started. You can use the Edit button all you like... and I would too, had I thought it necessary. However, I didn't, and still don't, observe your retarded time limits when it comes to shifts in content, and honestly, no one else really cares how far apart the posts came temporally... so why make such a huge issue about it?

Just leave the thread one of a constructive nature for the Mace Windu model... that was my entire intent from the beginning, with or without smileys.

Arco
10-25-2002, 02:25 PM
if Toonces models the sabers I will skin them. And that's a fact.

Eldritch
10-25-2002, 03:44 PM

Why do you get the final say?

Because that should've been the last thing said on the topic.

And Toonces/Arco, aren't there already sabers for all of these models? I'm not trying to deter you from doing them, i'm just wondering what the point is...

skywalker19
10-25-2002, 05:32 PM
if Toonces models the sabers I will skin them. And that's a fact.

Thats great to hear Arco,i'd definitly be looking forward to that :D

btw,love ur avatar

Arco
10-25-2002, 06:44 PM
hoho new wallpaper for youse guys....

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-wall.jpg

I haveb een messing with some shaders for him... I will pimp what I have once they are refined.

Enjoi9187
10-25-2002, 07:01 PM
hey arco, that pic on the right looks like he is frowning, is that facial animation or is it just the angle, also, did u rig it to do that for the throw? or do all MP models rigged for facial animation do that automatically on a throw?

Eldritch
10-25-2002, 07:15 PM
Arco, you gonna stick with the Episode I saber for Windu? Or the much better (and only purple) one seen in Episode II?

Toonces
10-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Enjoi, It's one of the facial animations. That doesnt happen durring a saber throw, I just think Arco did that because it looks cool :)

Anakin, what do you mean? Do you mean the bot file? The bot will use the purple saber, I've already writen a bot file

edit: as far as I can remember he never used his saber in episode I

Eldritch
10-25-2002, 07:49 PM
In that wallpaper Arco made, Mace's Episode I lightsaber is displayed... not the one he used in Episode II. The episode II one had gold plating and was purple, whereas his ep1 lightsabre looked like a half of Darth Maul's lightsaber (slightly modified) and was supposedly blue.

My question was about which he was planning to model.

keo718
10-25-2002, 07:52 PM
The clothing is way off. I did a diagram earlier in this thread.

Arco
10-25-2002, 07:56 PM
well that saber in the wallpaper is one made by a polycounter called Pior.... just my favoured saber. It was his own original design and he made it very low poly... like 100 polies max maybe. And yet it still looks great. Of course if we do make mace's saber it will be the ep2 one and it will become my new favourite... heehee

Arco
10-25-2002, 08:01 PM
I have already been over this keo... it is his evening wear! lol.

but seriously it is the mesh... it is off. Nothing I can do to fix it and me and toonces decided it wasn't worth redoing the mesh and uvmaps for something that doesn't really matter too much....

i mean I put the damn food canisters on him! lol.

Eldritch
10-25-2002, 08:01 PM
The clothing is way off. I did a diagram earlier in this thread.

I think we'll just have to resign ourselves to the fact that this is as accurate as they want to make it.

Still looks amazing, though.

keo718
10-25-2002, 08:35 PM
but seriously it is the mesh... it is off. Nothing I can do to fix it and me and toonces decided it wasn't worth redoing the mesh and uvmaps for something that doesn't really matter too much....
Damn. Oh well. Good job guys.

PalnGipanji
10-25-2002, 11:23 PM
I think it looks fine the way it is... great job guys!

Why does the saber hilt need to be modeled?? There is already a good EpII Mace Windu saber hilt included in JediMod v1.2... seems kinda like wasted effort to duplicate the process again. Also sounds like one more thing to hold up the release. :p I say just ditch the saber hilt idea, or make it a seperate release.

By the way, Arco made two consecutive posts within the span of 5 minutes... here's your chance to shine, Anakin_S. (Nevermind the fact that the content is different. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Eldritch
10-26-2002, 01:21 AM

By the way, Arco made two consecutive posts within the span of 5 minutes... here's your chance to shine, Anakin_S. (Nevermind the fact that the content is different. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Nice try, but Arco only appears to post twice. A post in-between his first and second was edited, meaning it's position is moved and it makes it look like he posted twice. But very mature of you. I wish you'd just drop it...

keo718
10-26-2002, 02:20 AM
Thats kind of weak that there is essentially no way for anyone to even skin the correct outfit on Mace. If this is the case though, how did Toonces remove the tabbards from the back(below the belt)? Well, maybe version 2.

Yarah Dahile
10-26-2002, 04:15 AM
Impressive, very impressive....

Your inspiring me to try to make my own skin even more :)

I hope I'll be able to skin as good as you, after a bit of Practice :)

*Respectfully Bows*

AKPiggott
10-26-2002, 06:25 AM
It's great to see the facial animations implemented. I really can't wait to see this guy in some cutscenes.

PalnGipanji
10-26-2002, 07:05 AM
Thats kind of weak that there is essentially no way for anyone to even skin the correct outfit on Mace. If this is the case though, how did Toonces remove the tabbards from the back(below the belt)? Well, maybe version 2.

Weak?? Do you really care that much? If you use the Mace Windu model in-game, you're never going to see the front anyway, and if you're fighting against him, I'm not so sure you're really going to notice this small small discrepancy. Who really cares that a small width of clothing is not visible? There's a point where you should just accept things how they are, especially since these people are working as hard as they are on a voluntary basis in the first place. I think it looks great the way it is, and I'm not going to give up while fighting against someone who wears this model just because I can't see that tiny bit of white. You know, Samuel Jackson's teeth are slightly more separated than the skin for the model's teeth. Better fix it quick...

Nice try, but Arco only appears to post twice. A post in-between his first and second was edited, meaning it's position is moved and it makes it look like he posted twice. But very mature of you. I wish you'd just drop it...

As if you're the icon of maturity. :rolleyes:

Eldritch
10-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Weak?? Do you really care that much? If you use the Mace Windu model in-game, you're never going to see the front anyway, and if you're fighting against him, I'm not so sure you're really going to notice this small small discrepancy. Who really cares that a small width of clothing is not visible? There's a point where you should just accept things how they are, especially since these people are working as hard as they are on a voluntary basis in the first place. I think it looks great the way it is, and I'm not going to give up while fighting against someone who wears this model just because I can't see that tiny bit of white. You know, Samuel Jackson's teeth are slightly more separated than the skin for the model's teeth. Better fix it quick...

It's the details that seperate good models from great models. I don't know why you have to bash his opinion and make fun of him, though. I for one agree with keo, but i'm not trying to detract from the great work of Toonces, Arco and Tex in any way.

As if you're the icon of maturity.

You've so been put on my ignore list... :mad:

keo718
10-26-2002, 10:59 AM
You know, I had a sly remark posted but I choose not to play that game. First off, do your reseach before you post. Alot of people get upset when critiques are made, yet fail to realize that it is these same critiques that help refine the model into that which they wet themselves over. What I said was "weak" is not the fact that Toonces and Arco chose to keep his outfit the way it is, but rather that this is the only Mace Windu model, and if someone else wishes to skin the model giving him the authentic wear of Mace Windu, they cannot because of the mesh. Now by your remarks I can see that it really would make no difference what the model had on, whether Jedi garb, or a suit and tie. But there is more to a model than just a face. One of the things that makes Tercero's Anakin so great is the accuracy of it. It makes you feel as if you are using Anakin when in the game. Mace Windu has an authentic outfit VERY different from other jedi, more than just the "tiny bit of white" that you speak of. If you need a guideline, check the diagram I made earlier in this thread. The lack of that outfit leaves something to be desired. Now I have no problem with the fact that this is how they chose to do it, but it is unfortunate that no one else can either. I really have no need to explain myself, but I choose to moreso so that Toonces and Arco don't misunderstand what I said. I think you guys did a good job.

shaolin_blade
10-26-2002, 03:57 PM
One of the things that makes Tercero's Anakin so great is the accuracy of it. It makes you feel as if you are using Anakin when in the game.

Yeah, well...that's if Tercero ever finishes it. I would rather have a Mace that was "close-enough" to perfect than wait 6 more months just so he can have the correct amount of food pellets on his belt.

You lose a lot of that detail in-game, anyway.

Rock on, guys. Love the models.

Eldritch
10-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by shaolin_blade

Yeah, well...that's if Tercero ever finishes it. I would rather have a Mace that was "close-enough" to perfect than wait 6 more months just so he can have the correct amount of food pellets on his belt.

You lose a lot of that detail in-game, anyway.

I've seen a number of people bashing Tercero's work... the fact that he's making it accurate has NOTHING to do with how long it's taken to get the model completed. If you would read or at least follow the thread rather than just reading the ends of it for the latest information, you'd know that there are a number of concerns in Tercero's life that keep him from working on the model, namely work and personal problems. If you want a rough, unfinished Anakin model that's devoid of detail, accuracy, etc - go download Vahl's Anakin.

Do you really lose that much detail? Food capsules, maybe. But in the case of Mace's jedi clothes, it's a large detail that's being overlooked, and is easily and instantly noticeable. It's this "people won't even notice" attitude that's caused crap like Vahl's Anakin to be released - the lack of criticism and not paying attention to details is to blame.

shaolin_blade
10-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I have read Tercero's posts. I've been following that model for a long time. Just because I don't chime in 50 times a day with a "Looks good" or "that roxors," don't assume I haven't read his posts.

If you guys wouldn't post 35 times about what a great guy he is, or how he is the best modeler ever, or how great your avatars are, that thread would be more user-friendly anyway. Too much brown-nosing going on in there. Give the kid some prozac, and leave him alone.

And to tell you the truth, I don't care if his girlfriend left him, or if his job is hard, or whatever the excuses are now. All I'm saying is, don't bash people because they don't want to wait a year for a perfect model.

There is a fine line between good detail and over-doing.

Toonces
10-26-2002, 09:25 PM
You guys guilted us into it ;)
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace12.jpg

It's not lack of critisim that caused us not to do it at first, keo was very vocal about a few of the areas that wern't quite "cannon" I decided to see how much of a pain it would be to do and decided "what the hell?" It required a reconstruction of the front part of it and some adjustments in his uv's but it wasn't quite as much of a pain to do as I thought it would be

Shadyz
10-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Excellent Toonces :D

keo718
10-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Toonces, you made my day with that post. I'm glad you reconsidered:D

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/Diagram.jpg

copy and paste.

edit: Do you have pics of the back as well(no tabbards)?

Eldritch
10-26-2002, 11:45 PM
You guys guilted us into it ;)
http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace12.jpg

It's not lack of critisim that caused us not to do it at first, keo was very vocal about a few of the areas that wern't quite "cannon" I decided to see how much of a pain it would be to do and decided "what the hell?" It required a reconstruction of the front part of it and some adjustments in his uv's but it wasn't quite as much of a pain to do as I thought it would be

Woohoo! That looks much better already. So happy you reconsidered. The intent (well, my intent - can't speak for anyone else) wasn't to guilt you guys into it. Was just bringing the little details to your attention. ;) Can't wait to see more!

All I'm saying is, don't bash people because they don't want to wait a year for a perfect model.

There is a fine line between good detail and over-doing.

I don't see how I was bashing anyone, but it's possible you're not refering to me. So often people are quick to bitch at those like Keo and myself for nitpicking and criticising these models - when in fact, like Keo said, it's people like us that help the artists shape these models into a final product you all drool over. Toonces and other modelers are well aware of our habits, and unless i'm mistaken (correct me if i'm wrong here Toonces), they often want to hear our opinion(s). We've all got our job to do, so why do you want us to stop doing ours?

Let me just say that I don't expect perfection. I don't think it's possible. However, I will continue to push (with constructive criticism) for perfection because it's what makes models great. Sorry for the length of my post everyone, I think that just needed to be said.

Jolts
10-27-2002, 12:40 AM
when I make a model or draw something I already know whats good, I want to know what sucks and could be made to look better. At the same time people also need to hear that its looking good if it really is. It just sucks when all someone has to say is "looks good, keep up the work" at least try to make one comment on why it looks good.

PalnGipanji
10-27-2002, 07:52 AM
copy and paste.

You really can't put .txt instead of .jpg?? Nice diagram though... it would be nice to just be able to click and see it.

The intent (well, my intent - can't speak for anyone else) wasn't to guilt you guys into it.

You sure about that? I mean, if you were content with how it was, you would've accepted the fact that they didn't feel it necessary to redo it before Toonces' update.

it's people like us that help the artists shape these models into a final product you all drool over.

I hope you believe that. They are the artists, they are the ones who make the products desirable. I agree that sometimes we all offer great ideas on how to improve the work, but they're the ones who actually do it. Like I said before, the model was fine the way it was... because Toonces was nice enough to humor you doesn't mean that it came out just as you planned. He did the work, and it looks great. But I'd back off a bit with being so eager to accept credit for it.

Let me just say that I don't expect perfection. I don't think it's possible. However, I will continue to push (with constructive criticism) for perfection because it's what makes models great. Sorry for the length of my post everyone, I think that just needed to be said.

I think what everyone should take out of that (myself included) is constructive criticism. I don't believe that any of us could claim to be 100% constructive, but we should all try. In the same light, it should be understood that one suggestion is just as good as the next, and the artists involved will decide what is good enough and what could be different. I feel the whole thing with the clothing was too "nitpicky", but this new result looks just as great as the previous. I'm really not going to damn the man for slightly malformed clothing, especially when you're really not going to notice or care in-game. But, now we're much closer to Keo and Anakin's perfect Mace, so let's rejoice!

Great work Toonces!

12thMonkey
10-27-2002, 08:21 AM
wow that has really developed into a great likeness. Great Job.

However the ears still look a bit to pointy but apart from that it looks very accurate.

keo718
10-27-2002, 10:32 AM
like Keo said, it's people like us that help the artists shape these models into a final product you all drool over.
A bit of a misquote. I hope I didn't come off as if I'm trying to take any credit.
This was my original quote....
Alot of people get upset when critiques are made, yet fail to realize that it is these same critiques that help refine the model into that which they wet themselves over.
My point was and is that people take certain criticisms as nitpicking and see them as unnecessary. Yet it is that very same nitpicking that helps to REFINE the model. I take no credit for the work that Toonces and Arco did. All I did was offer my critiques that I hope were helpful.

Arco
10-27-2002, 11:29 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-newtorso.jpg

all done guys! YAY! I am working on the CTF varients and he should be out the door within the week! YAY!

SpYzEr
10-27-2002, 11:31 AM
:drop2: WOW! That looks great Arco! Can't wait for the release!

Kururin
10-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Perfect no more tweaking. Release it now. I need it. lol :D

Eldritch
10-27-2002, 12:21 PM

A bit of a misquote. I hope I didn't come off as if I'm trying to take any credit.

My point was and is that people take certain criticisms as nitpicking and see them as unnecessary. Yet it is that very same nitpicking that helps to REFINE the model. I take no credit for the work that Toonces and Arco did. All I did was offer my critiques that I hope were helpful.

My apologies for the misquote, Keo. I didn't mean to imply that we deserve credit for the models either... was just trying to support your original point and didn't get the wording quite right.

Arco, the skin looks fantastic. Although I think the fabric could look a tad more rough (as the weave of Mace's clothes seems to have large threads) I think it still looks great. I especially like the colors - you really nailed it.

Arco
10-27-2002, 12:30 PM
preview of the red skin. Which is now finished... next up is ghost mace and then it is finished.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/icon_red.jpg

Eldritch
10-27-2002, 12:36 PM
preview of the red skin. Which is now finished... next up is ghost mace and then it is finished.

That's definitely... interesting, Arco. Looks scary. What does the blue one look like? Or will ghost Mace be the blue skin?

Prime
10-27-2002, 12:36 PM
Absolutely incredible! I really appreciate all the hardwork and time you have put into this model. Your efforts are not in vein, many people will get a lot of enjoyment out of this. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Thanks again for doing this project (and your others as well)! :D

Hellfire Jedi
10-27-2002, 12:59 PM
This project was so quick and ended up so wonderfull!!! I can't wait i sh** my self when i noticed it will be released so sooon
:D :D happy now all i need after this is qui and dash :P

Toonces
10-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Wow, I really love the Sith variants you do Arco, Mace looks pure evil ;)

_NinjaGaiden_
10-27-2002, 01:21 PM
omfg i cant beleive it the robes look perfect now great job guys!

mariners2001
10-27-2002, 02:18 PM
great job!!! the model is flawless from what I can see now. can't wait for release! are the sounds, lods, and botfiles done already?

oh, and by the way, will you be able to toggle the robe on the team skins too?

Kururin
10-27-2002, 02:43 PM

For some reason this skin reminds me of Venom from the Spiderman cartoon.

keo718
10-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Nice work guys. Do you have shots of the back and profile?

shaolin_blade
10-28-2002, 02:46 PM
For some reason this skin reminds me of Venom from the Spiderman cartoon.

Looks more like Gene Simmons to me. Cracks me up that you guys spend so much time arguing over the canonicity of the robe, and then you do something like this to Mace for a Red CTF.

NeoMarz1
10-28-2002, 03:20 PM

Just wanted to let you know Arco, That your skins are inspiring me to work harder on the "Obi Project"! I'm learning some things from your work (Of course I am good, Ego... Ego...) well stuff looks great, textures are awesome. Mars out!

Enjoi9187
10-28-2002, 03:22 PM
ahh marz, always great to see that modesty is your #1 virture.....

AKPiggott
10-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Holy crap, this all looks awesome.

The timing couldn't have been better because I've just started making cutscenes.

Eldritch
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM

Looks more like Gene Simmons to me. Cracks me up that you guys spend so much time arguing over the canonicity of the robe, and then you do something like this to Mace for a Red CTF.

I personally think the "Venom" like face is a bit much, but I can't really argue why it should be something else. The only thing that should be canon is the regular default skin - I say go for broke on the variants.

inbredyokel
10-28-2002, 08:47 PM
You know...as long as you've got the body, texture, and the robe, it wouldn't be too difficult to modify this model to make a Coleman Trebor or Sasaee Tiin(difficult being a relative term of course). That certainly would beat doing another episode 1 obi or ep II anakin.

skywalker15
10-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Very nice work guys!

Eldritch
10-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
You know...as long as you've got the body, texture, and the robe, it wouldn't be too difficult to modify this model to make a Coleman Trebor or Sasaee Tiin(difficult being a relative term of course). That certainly would beat doing another episode 1 obi or ep II anakin.

You'd have to modify it QUITE a bit to get it to look like Anakin. He's much skinnier and has a unique getup - plus his robe isn't really a robe... it's more like a cape. I get your point, but just sticking different heads on the same body robs the characters of their individuality.

inbredyokel
10-28-2002, 10:16 PM
I understand that, and I'm not suggesting just switching heads. I'm just saying that there's a base there that could be modified to suite many different jedi. Of course the bodies and textures would have to be altered, but it wouldn't be quite as much work as someone starting from scratch.

-Chrono_MOT-
10-28-2002, 10:23 PM
What we need are Generic Jedi, Generic Padawans, and Generic Jedi trainers to replace the crappy flat ones in-game. That would rock.

inbredyokel
10-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Yes, it would. I keep lobbying for generic male and female jedi with multiple toggleable surfaces but no one has taken up the project yet(can't say I blame them).

PalnGipanji
10-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Hmm... maybe a "workfile" of several different surfaces would work. However... I think it might take away from the originality of a character to have premade pieces fit to a certain character scheme.

I think the main goal is probably to get out the heroes/villians... all the recognizable people in the kind of detail that makes you recognize them in-game. I don't see how anyone could go "ooh, I should model Generic Jedi!... wow, looks just like him!" It would be a great idea, for sure... even to have a base for those who would like to have skin variants. But I don't see that happening for quite a while. Not until these big projects are complete.

Arco... how do you sleep at night? :P Very intimidating skin! I agree with Anakin_S that it feels wrong, but not sure why. I guess it's because we're all used to the good, strong, firm Mace, and not the painless psychotic killer Mace. I think it's great to have such different and creative interpretations of a character representation. Got any pics of the entire body?

Also, Toonces, did you try anything else with the robe yet? Just wondering, since I haven't noticed any updates about that lately.

Great work, everyone!!

Eklin
10-29-2002, 12:46 AM
I had my doubts when I heard that this model was being made. I was a big fan of Klorel's Mace Windu (still am. I just wish it'd get done). I didn't think that anybody could come as close. But I have to admit that I'm impressed. I mean, this screenshot http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-newtorso.jpg looks spectacular!

Just wondering, though. What are those little colored bars on his belt for?
hehe. whenever I look at them I hear a long *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* in my head ;)

Eldritch
10-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Eklin

Just wondering, though. What are those little colored bars on his belt for?
hehe. whenever I look at them I hear a long *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* in my head ;)

They're food capsules. They're supposed to be silver and bronze/gold hues, but Arco just decided to make them in a variety of colors for whatever reason. :D

MysticSpade
10-29-2002, 07:27 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-newtorso.jpg

i think this pic is pretty done looking to me. is there anyway you can post a screenie of the robed version of him. or will it take some time. i don't need to see it i just want to. cuz i like the robed models more. it gives them more of a jedi feel to 'em. but the robeless mace is dead on in my eyes.

Arco
10-29-2002, 12:23 PM
www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-head-front.jpg
www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-front.jpg
www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-head-back.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-back.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-head-front-red.jpg
www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-head-side.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/mace-robe.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/red-back.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/red-front.jpg

This isn't an update it is just a lot of shots showing him from all angles etc etc.... the robe is still wip by toonces i think... i dunno it looks ok when he is just stood like that but cliping does happen when he moves... i dunno what toonces will do to fix it but he will as he is a dude.

Hellfire Jedi
10-29-2002, 12:36 PM
I would guess this awesome model would be out wensday

Padawan_7
10-29-2002, 12:58 PM
That looks great Arco! What are you going to do for the blue team skin?

Mex
10-29-2002, 01:14 PM
That red one looks evil, :) If only i knew how to model I would make flanders, (That WOULD be fun) :) I'm going to use the ghost one, and I think this model is spot on, ive never seen mace look so good, (in a game)

Toonces
10-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
I would guess this awesome model would be out wensday

heh, I wish, I gotta fix the robe still, I'm not sure how long that will take me, hopefully not too long. I have been insanely busy over the last couple days so I haven't had any real time to invest in the models, I have some time to work today though so we'll see what all I can do :)

I really love the red skin, it looks awesome in game :)

Hellfire Jedi
10-29-2002, 02:13 PM
im such a dip i guessed that because arco said it will be out this week :D hehe to many awesome models people are lettting me beta test i get to happy :D

Toonces
10-29-2002, 02:44 PM
Could be this week, depends on how much time I have to finish up the rigging, just definatly not tommorow, not a chance :D

I'm not going to rush him like I did Palp or Kit though :)

WhiteShdw
10-29-2002, 03:02 PM
I love the default skin. :) The likeness is awesome. Could you give us some in game screenies Toonces? Maybe some using cutscenes, like you did with your Kit model.

I can't remember if this has been discussed but who is doing the sounds on this one? Are they gonna be strictly Star Wars quotes or are you guys gonna use some lines from other movies?;)

Keep up the good work, guys.

Darth Loki
10-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Hmmm. you rushed Kit and Palp? If that's your rushed work, I can't wait to see the work you did on modles you took your time on...

Toonces
10-29-2002, 04:58 PM
heh, by rushed I meant bugs and stuff. Palp wasn't really as much as a rush job as Kit was, with Kit when I got near the end I wanted to remodel parts of his body and make a bunch of changes, but I guess when I say I rushed it I just mean I didn't take as much time as I should have to identify all the problems, I missed a few little ones

WhiteShdw, I'll get ya some cutscene pics, I have only tried him once in single player but all looks good now so I'll go ahead and get some for you :)

Darth Loki
10-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Oh, now I get you. I wouldn't mind seeing those screenies...

Arco
10-29-2002, 06:00 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/ingame2.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/ingame.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/ingame1.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/ingame5.jpg

ingame shots... heh. Anyhew yeah toonces has fixed up my dodgy shaders and is working on teh robe etc etc.... not long now. about a month or 2.

mariners2001
10-29-2002, 06:04 PM
lol....nice subtitles (especially #5)

not long now. about a month or 2.

lol...um....

Darth Loki
10-29-2002, 06:07 PM
Looks good. Whats the go with the different words down the bottom of the screen? Its that from a custom SP level?

Eets
10-29-2002, 06:08 PM
He cleared the old ones out with an image editor and put his own lines in. :P

Toonces
10-29-2002, 06:11 PM
heh, Arco beat me to it :) It's a good thing he did, I would have used much more boring lines ;)

That two month thing I think was just a typo :) The skins are for the most part done, I just have to finish up the rigging

Darth Odisse
10-29-2002, 06:36 PM

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace/ingame.jpg

ingame shots... heh. Anyhew yeah toonces has fixed up my dodgy shaders and is working on teh robe etc etc.... not long now. about a month or 2.

Who's Lightsaber is Mace using in this screenshot?

Enjoi9187
10-29-2002, 07:14 PM
it looks like eets

Enjoi9187
10-29-2002, 07:16 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycoun...ace/ingame2.jpg

got milk?

Toonces
10-29-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure, I only use promod so I don't use selectable hilts, could be eets though.

I'll get some action shots for you guys tonight :)

Eldritch
10-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
http://www.planetquake.com/polycoun...ace/ingame2.jpg

got milk?

That link doesn't work for me. And Toonces, I can't wait to see the action shots. :D

Arco
10-29-2002, 07:33 PM
hmmm maybe the link will work now...

yeah the 2 months thing was just a joke. More like 3.

arco:deathii:

Hellfire Jedi
10-29-2002, 07:38 PM
hmmm maybe the link will work now...

yeah the 2 months thing was just a joke. More like 3.

arco:deathii:

what happend to the "release sometime this week" lol that much of a incline hmm u guys run into some problems

Enjoi9187
10-29-2002, 07:41 PM
please tell me ur kidding hellfire..... because that was obiviously a joke also, which makes it even more funny. nice arco ;)

Eldritch
10-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

what happend to the "release sometime this week" lol that much of a incline hmm u guys run into some problems

Don't be a jerk. :mad:

Shadyz
10-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Take your time guys. The model is looking great and I was wondering if there would be an SP release of it...a yes or no would suffice. Thank you and keep up the great work :D

Toonces
10-29-2002, 08:07 PM
We have a release date in mind, kinda of a rough idea, we're not gonna announce anything though because as soon as we do we'll screw something up ;)

Some in-game shots for everybody, I just took them quick but I think I got some cool ones.

Oh, and yeah Shadyz, the SP and MP will come out at the same time, in different pk3's with all the conversions already made :D

http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace1.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace2.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace3.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace4.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace5.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace6.jpg
http://drivingcatstudios.com/images/apimpmace7.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
10-29-2002, 08:08 PM
Umm i didn't mean to offend... I don't mind when it will be released i just like to know stuff :D sorry if i offended again
Looks great in game and on red loooks like his hand is all fingers no palm

Shadyz
10-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Wow! Very nice indeed...Thank you for such a speedy reply. :D

keo718
10-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey Toonces, just thought I'd mention that the tabbards are not split in the back, the back is plain. It connects and rounds out around his neck. Probably can be fixed in skinning. But whatever, your probably done with that. He's looking good;)

Eldritch
10-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey Toonces, just thought I'd mention that the tabbards are not split in the back, the back is plain. Probably can be fixed in skinning. But whatever, your probably done with that. He's looking good;)

I just found some new pics of Mace's back! I'll post them later, but there are tabards in the back - they don't go past the belt though, and they don't cross like you've got them... they look more like the front. I'll post the pics in a little bit so you can see what I mean.

keo718
10-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Are you sure? Yes please post them.

Arco
10-29-2002, 08:45 PM
yeah the back has no tabbards... we fixed that weeks ago.

sorry if i confused anyone with the 2 months thing... always better to give oneself more time incase something goes wrong. but this guy along with qui gon is nearly done. I think sithlord is doing CTF for qui gon and so he should be final very soon. Then obi wan will take just a little more time as we are still in the tweak stage.

I think Toonces was doing a luke redo... just renovating the raven one and using new textures by me. i dunno when that will happen. but when it does you can be sure of a new luke replacement.

And i'm the guy who said no more jk2 stuff. Well I think this is pretty much the last thing i'm doing for the game.... unless anyone makes a nice walrusman model. What was his name? the guy who gets his arm cut off in the cantina.... i liked him... he had a bum on his face.

I wouldn't mind doing skins for ewoks either... just reminding youse all... :ewok: \m/:mad:\m/ ..... yeah man they rock!

here is my new wallpaper......

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/ooooo-mace.jpg

Padawan_7
10-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Well I think this is pretty much the last thing i'm doing for the game.... unless anyone makes a nice walrusman model. What was his name? the guy who gets his arm cut off in the cantina.... i liked him... he had a bum on his face.

I wouldn't mind doing skins for ewoks either... just reminding youse all...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You must stay Arco.... Quick somebody make a model of Ponda Baba (hehe that's his name) or an Ewok for Arco to skin. We must keep Arco here!

Arco
10-29-2002, 09:18 PM
I went all arty farty. here is fancy mini wallpaper for youse guys.... I might do a series of pics actually.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/mace-wallpaper.jpg

an that is from my skin and toonces model.... I think it looks pretty cool considering.

PS: if I get ponda Baba or whatever I will skin him.

Hellfire Jedi
10-29-2002, 09:22 PM
umm ok when u guys thinking on releasing this? i got one of those wallpapers on my desktop too :P

Yarah Dahile
10-29-2002, 09:26 PM
My apologies for taking the topic off track.... but that Qui-gon Skin... will that be released around the same time, or still in that skin pack?

*Bows*

Darth Loki
10-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Hey arco, great work on the skins. The eyes look perfect, not too light.

BTW, your not skinning for JO anymore? does this mean you have lost interest in the game or you just don't feel like skinning star wars stuff anymore?

WhiteShdw
10-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Those ingame shots look sweet Toonces. Let me know when you wanna pimp some Qui-gon or Obi-wan ingame shots. I'll send you a beta of the DoTF pitroom.

frendon
10-29-2002, 09:55 PM
wow he looks great ingame i hope someone makes a good sp level using this model.

keo718
10-29-2002, 11:29 PM
yeah the back has no tabbards... we fixed that weeks ago.
I was referring to his back, from the belt up. But you guys probably have it good enough. We'll see when Jedi_Anakin posts those pics.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-30-2002, 02:39 AM
sweet you guys i cant wait

Toonces
10-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by WhiteShdw
Those ingame shots look sweet Toonces. Let me know when you wanna pimp some Qui-gon or Obi-wan ingame shots. I'll send you a beta of the DoTF pitroom.

I'll send ya a PM about it and we'll see what we can do, I have to pimp some shots of Qui-Gon soon as we're trying to put the finishing touches on him :)

Mars sent me a new Obi, looks good, I'll get some shots for everybody and post them in the Obi thread. I also have tweaked his head some more with Arco's skin, I'll post some shots a little later so we can get some crits :)

WhiteShdw
10-30-2002, 10:33 AM
I'll send you something as soon as I get in touch with Shadriss to make sure he has no objections. I'm pretty sure he'll have none, but i don't want to go over his head. He's still lead mapper of this project. :D

I was also wondering if you were doing some First Person skins for Sp. I'm not sure if this is extra skinning work or just writing an extra .skin file. I was trying to do something in Sp with some of the existing models, but i wasn't very succesfull. But this is not really my area so you guys might be more succesfull.

NeoMarz1
10-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey Arco, just wanted to say Mace skin looks great! I am becoming more and more impressed every time i see it. Honestly, I think you have nailed the skin tone, and the facial lines look more natural, since the first screenies. Mars out!

Arco
10-30-2002, 03:55 PM
um thanks i guess... but I have to make a few changes. Heh. Playing with him ingame has made some of the bad parts of the skin stick out... so i am gonna go over his face and redo a lot of it. But thanks non the less.

Eldritch
10-30-2002, 05:25 PM

I was referring to his back, from the belt up. But you guys probably have it good enough. We'll see when Jedi_Anakin posts those pics.

Sorry about the wait. Here are the pics. As you can see, the tabards do not extend below the belt, but they are there above it.

Pic 1 (http://jedi_anakin_s.tripod.com/tabardproof1.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://jedi_anakin_s.tripod.com/tabardproof2.jpg)
Pic 3 (http://jedi_anakin_s.tripod.com/tabardproof3.jpg)

Copy & Paste

Hope this helps.

:EDIT: I fixed the links. Sorry.

_NinjaGaiden_
10-30-2002, 07:50 PM
i heard this model is sopposed to come out late tonight is this true?

Toonces
10-30-2002, 07:59 PM
No, Arco and I arn't ready yet. We'll let everybody know when he's ready to go

_NinjaGaiden_
10-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Toonces....

Look I Made My Own Moving Avatar!

ialexeev
10-31-2002, 12:40 AM
U PPL WORK FAST!! IM IMPRESSED!
BUT I'VE GOT A SUGGESTION
HOW ABOUT SOME OF U COOL MODELERS HELP TERCERO WITH HIS ANAKIN MODEL
:DUEL:

Darth Loki
10-31-2002, 04:43 AM
I dont think Tercero want help...

Eldritch
10-31-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ialexeev
U PPL WORK FAST!! IM IMPRESSED!
BUT I'VE GOT A SUGGESTION
HOW ABOUT SOME OF U COOL MODELERS HELP TERCERO WITH HIS ANAKIN MODEL
:DUEL:

Seriously. Quit pestering people about when their models will be completed. If you'd bother to read Tercero's thread you would know why the model isn't done yet, and it's NOT because he needs help modeling it. Show some patience. :rolleyes:

NeoMarz1
10-31-2002, 10:11 AM
um thanks i guess... but I have to make a few changes. Heh. Playing with him ingame has made some of the bad parts of the skin stick out... so i am gonna go over his face and redo a lot of it. But thanks non the less.

Yeah... It's too bad that Mod view doesn't show you how it looks ingame. That's too bad, it looks like you have done so much work already. Don't change him too much. Really he looks good. Mars out!

ialexeev
10-31-2002, 04:40 PM
Im completely up to date with info about Terceros model, and im not pesting anyone.
but concerning his personal life, i'd rather help the guy...yet im not a modeller, so there is nothing i can do
and other ppl could offer a hand tho

other thing if he doesnt want any help, but i hope u get my point

c0licab
10-31-2002, 04:43 PM
gah! i want this model noooooow! :p

Enjoi9187
10-31-2002, 06:31 PM
c0licab, why dont u just say, PLEASE FLAME ME

c0licab
11-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by c0licab
gah! i want this model noooooow! :p

whatever turns you on dude:
PLEASE FLAME ME!

Enjoi9187
11-01-2002, 06:27 PM
tahts the perfect way to get banned..... just grow up and learn some patientce

Admiral_Ackbar8
11-01-2002, 07:18 PM
that a really detailed model
very good

_NinjaGaiden_
11-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Toonces and Arco you rock i mean man the model looks right on now all we need is it to come out soon ;) hope you guys can get it out soon but no need to rush

Eldritch
11-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Bump bump bump

Be boop

Bump bump bump

:cool: :D

skywalker19
11-03-2002, 01:42 PM
great work again Toonces,looking forward to the release :)

Toonces
11-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Were getting there guys :) It's been insanely busy around here recently and I've had almost no time to work. I'm going to try and get the rigging on the robe right tonight (my main problem) and see where we are

Darth Loki
11-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Great to hear Toonces. Slow and steady...

Toonces
11-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Thanks for your support Loki :D I'm trying out the shrunken torso Idea right now, I'll post pics as soon as I can :)

Professor Snape
11-03-2002, 08:49 PM
take your time. We can wait. Well some of us can wait and some just wanna be flammed

_NinjaGaiden_
11-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Toonces you impress me more and more with every model you take part in so keep up the good work

seks03
11-04-2002, 12:50 AM
great to hear that your making progress toonces, if it would help you, you can send the pictures to me and ill host them for you.. (if it'll give you more time to work on your models)

p.s. mase look awsome

Spawn Antilles
11-08-2002, 11:16 AM
The Model & skins look good guys, keep the screenies coming when you guys get a chance :D ...

Spawn Antilles out...

Enjoi9187
11-08-2002, 09:06 PM
seks, i highly doubt he would do that, the reason he posts them here IS for the feedback on what the fans think need to be changed and to priase his work.

_NinjaGaiden_
11-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Toonces are we waiting for Arco's skins? or something else? just wondering

Enjoi9187
11-09-2002, 11:25 AM
read up a couple posts, its pretty much finished, just the finishing touches and they have been really busy. They are trying something new with the torso.

MysticSpade
11-10-2002, 11:12 PM
so what would be the vantage point of a shrunken torso. i'm no modeler so i don't get the possibilities of it.

Enjoi9187
11-10-2002, 11:20 PM
the reason, is because his arms comes throught his shoulder cloth tabbard thing when in yellow or blue stnace.

Jolts
11-10-2002, 11:22 PM
theres not too much you can do to fix that, the arm will always clip into the body. Unless you made some new key poses for the ls stances, which would require new animations being added into the game.

MysticSpade
11-11-2002, 12:22 AM
oh like it does on the Kit model. but that really don't bother me but i guess it has to please most of the community and not just one guy. but i hope he can fix it.

Enjoi9187
11-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
oh like it does on the Kit model. but that really don't bother me but i guess it has to please most of the community and not just one guy. but i hope he can fix it.

are you talking about me? because i said nothing on that bothering me, all i did was tell you what toonces said from the SP mace windu map, Party Crasher

Toonces
11-11-2002, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do anything about that. The mesh really doesn't fit on the skeleton properly

MysticSpade
11-11-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187

are you talking about me? because i said nothing on that bothering me, all i did was tell you what toonces said from the SP mace windu map, Party Crasher

no it wasn't directed to one person didn't mean it that way at all. sry if you took it personal. i was just askin if it's how it does on his Kit model.

Enjoi9187
11-11-2002, 02:13 AM
oh ok, because u said, "the community, not just one person" so i didnt know if u were directing that at me :)

MysticSpade
11-11-2002, 02:44 AM
no by the "one guy" i actually was meaning myself. but if the overall effect of the model is as good as possible there's nothin for ppl to gripe about.

nomad
11-11-2002, 05:01 PM
Heh, it's been a while since we've talked, so where better than one of your threads!
You're doing a really great job. Mace looks amazing, you really captured the likeness and I can't wait to check out the actual mesh.
Too bad about the damn clipping through the tabards... you'd figure that a game that was made for jedi combat would include the proper animations for a jedi in combat ;)
I guess we know why they didn't included anyone in the release with traditional jedi garb.
Add me to the list of people that aren't bothered by Fisto's clipping. Perfection, while a wonderful goal to aim for, is not attainable... not in this game anyway.

Good luck finishing him up. All of you.

-nomad

May the force be with you.

Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by nomad
Heh, it's been a while since we've talked, so where better than one of your threads!
You're doing a really great job. Mace looks amazing, you really captured the likeness and I can't wait to check out the actual mesh.
Too bad about the damn clipping through the tabards... you'd figure that a game that was made for jedi combat would include the proper animations for a jedi in combat ;)
I guess we know why they didn't included anyone in the release with traditional jedi garb.
Add me to the list of people that aren't bothered by Fisto's clipping. Perfection, while a wonderful goal to aim for, is not attainable... not in this game anyway.

Good luck finishing him up. All of you.

-nomad

May the force be with you.
Amen.

Prime
11-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Things have been quiet about this model for a little while. I know there has been more work done on the other models lately. Does that mean Mace is more or less finished? I may have missed it, but are all the models going to be released at once? Any updates would be great. Can't wait to get my hands on this model. Keep up the great work! :)

Toonces
11-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Mace is finished, all I have left to do is tweak the shoulders on the robe which is being difficult and we'll be all ready to go. As to weather they will be released together or not, I keep changing my mind. I hate to keep them from you all, but I think one BIG release might be very cool to do

Enjoi9187
11-16-2002, 04:28 PM
ok, i guess so :(

but couled u give us some COOL pics of the finished mace? FIGHTING OBI!

Eldritch
11-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Mace is finished, all I have left to do is tweak the shoulders on the robe which is being difficult and we'll be all ready to go. As to weather they will be released together or not, I keep changing my mind. I hate to keep them from you all, but I think one BIG release might be very cool to do

I say to prevent rioting you release them as they're ready. ;)
Not before they're ready though - no one wants you to rush anything, Toonces.

Hellfire Jedi
11-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen

I say to prevent rioting you release them as they're ready. ;)
Not before they're ready though - no one wants you to rush anything, Toonces.
Hella big AMEN.
*tosses $50 to everyone to start a riot* j/k just a little tip under the table that we want em ;) right guys? *looks around no one posts but is sure someone will ;)*
one more thing too many asterix or whatever yes im doing it again rambling on and on and on

t3rr0r
11-16-2002, 04:59 PM
I hate to keep them from you all, but I think one BIG release might be very cool to do
toonces, you ever consider doing any more jedi? sort of like how you transformed the qui-gon body into mace... the possibilities are seemingly endless (koth, tiin, etc...). i know you're involved with the aotc tc, but you never know... :cool:

Toonces
11-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I've thought about it some t3rr0r. I may do a number of more Jedi. My major problem is I really don't like working with the raven skeleton. That being said, I'm thinking about doing Epi II Obi next. I won't start on him until these three are finished, and only once I talk to KMan about weather or not he's going to finish up Tex's Obi II

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-17-2002, 01:09 AM
man i cant wait for aotctc, its gonna be so sweet!