PDA

View Full Version : Bond, James Bond

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Ok I'm all happy that this new DVD collection (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006BH8G/ref=bfl_dvd//104-0019719-5821513?v=glance&n=130) comes out Tuesday, but now I have a gripe. It's missing some of my favorites, like Octo*****, The Living Daylights, Thunderball, and Diamonds Are Forever among others. Back when all the titles were released in 1999, I did not yet own a DVD player, so I never purchased any of the other titles. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on these (http://www.jamesbond.com/dvd-vhs/main_usa.html), and will I have to pay dearly for them?

I take my sorrow shaken, not stirred. :(

Taos
10-21-2002, 01:48 AM
Not sure where you can get them........It looks like you just might have to wait a while.....:( Did you try to look on MGM website or anything like that?????

I'll be picking up all three of the sets of movies myself!!!

007-my idol!!!

:D

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 01:51 AM
MGM website is really horrible. Whoever scripted it should be dangling from a gallos because the search features are all bass ackwards. Those three sets came out in 1999. I am not sure if they are available or not. If I could, I would buy all the titles I am missing seperately. I have yet to investigate that. What film category do Bond titles fall under anyway? If you say spy I shall shoot you with my golden gun! :p

Edit- Does anyone know of a good website that would actually let me order these individually?

Taos
10-21-2002, 01:59 AM
Well, I wouldn't say spy........I'm 25 not 12 and I enjoy my 007 movies. :) That sucks big time that their site is so terrible.....did you send them an email about how crappy it is??

I'd say 007 is an "action" movie series........;)

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 02:02 AM
I'm 28, and I grew up with these films. Really at some point, I would like them all on DVD. I never got the VHS copies either. I was always going to tape one of the "Bond Week" specials off of the T.V. but either ran out of tapes or time each time it happened.
To own all of them on DVD would make me very happy indeed. :D

Taos
10-21-2002, 02:07 AM
I started a Vhs collection and I got about 1/2 of all of the movies. Then DVD's came out so I stopped that and I have been waiting for the Dvd releases ever since.......:D

I used to always watch growing up "the 15 days of 007" on TBS......man that was cool!! :)

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 02:11 AM
That's the T.V. program I am refering too. :D Nothing beats the widscreen views and super duper soundtracks though. I am usually working when those are on, or I find out about it in the middle of the week. If they show it againt his year, I will program my VCR, but I never watch TV, so I am scarred of missing it again. :(

Taos
10-21-2002, 02:27 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't be on.......I can't remember a year when it hasn't. Seems like it is always in the first couple of weeks in November.....so you have a little time now to program that VCR of yours......;) :p

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 04:57 AM
PLEASE, just next time they show it try to PM me or email me:

darthgroovy@yahoo.com

I don't want to miss out this time! :D

BCanr2d2
10-21-2002, 11:48 AM
What Zone are we talking about Groovy?

Not sure about the inferior Zone 1 versions, nor have I looked up the better Zone 2/4 conversions either, but it would be a start....

Anyway, a review of the Episode 2 DVD says the film, since it was shot digitally shows some of the shortcomings of the MPEG2 standard that is used to compress DVD data....
When will the next gen of DVD be approved, so that Episode 3 doesn't suffer the same fate, or the OT DVD's as well?!

Taos
10-21-2002, 01:21 PM
:eyeraise:

.....did you read the topic of this thread?????

*shrugs*

:rolleyes:

Kstar__2
10-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
It's missing some of my favorites, like Octo*****, The Living Daylights, Thunderball, and Diamonds Are Forever

:lol:

haha

StormHammer
10-21-2002, 06:15 PM
If you're a really serious Bond collector, with a multi-region DVD player and you're not afraid of shipping taxes...then I'd say go for this Bond DVD collection (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005Q61R/qid=1035237415/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/202-9087928-9059837) which contains all 19 (official) films, and apparently has a space for number 20. As I say, the only drawback from the POV of people in the US is it's Region 2 and PAL encoding...

I'm definitely getting it if I can scrape together enough hard cash. ;) I'm surprised if this collection isn't going to be available in the US, though. Sounds a bit silly.

Darth Groovy
10-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
What Zone are we talking about Groovy?

Not sure about the inferior Zone 1 versions, nor have I looked up the better Zone 2/4 conversions either, but it would be a start....

Anyway, a review of the Episode 2 DVD says the film, since it was shot digitally shows some of the shortcomings of the MPEG2 standard that is used to compress DVD data....
When will the next gen of DVD be approved, so that Episode 3 doesn't suffer the same fate, or the OT DVD's as well?!

Welcome to the conversation BCanr2d2. The topic is JAMES BOND not Star Wars. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link Stormhammer, I just hope those are still available and I need to find a U.S. Currency conversion chart somewhere. Something tells me that MGM still might release the other films again too, after all MGM cannot afford to pass up another dollar.

StormHammer
10-21-2002, 08:01 PM
No problem. Glad to help. ;)

AFAIK, the exchange rate is usually around $1.55 = £1.00, so it works out to around $248, give or take a few. I've no idea about shipping costs to the U.S. though.

And if you check the blurb...that particular collection hasn't been released yet. It's due out November 4th. :)

Good hunting. ;)

Taos
10-21-2002, 08:09 PM
:thumbsup: :lol: Groovy!!

Did you get my pm???

Darth Groovy
10-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Sorry Stormhammer, the reviews were all dated 2001, so that was very misleading. :( If they come out there, they will be here as well-I hope! :(

I got your pm Leemu, sorry I didn't have time to reply. ;)

stormtroop
10-22-2002, 12:39 PM
I can get the whole dvd collection 150 quid cheapest i think

Darth Groovy
10-28-2002, 05:02 AM
Anybody gonna go see the new movie? I've all of the Brosnan ones at the theater.

Also has anyone played the demo for that new game?

StormHammer
10-28-2002, 11:56 AM
I've just been trying the Nightfire demo, and I'm not at all impressed. :mad: It doesn't really look anything special, and it loads every two minutes - practically every time you open a door to another area. The AI is naff...I walked up to one of the enemies from the side, and stood there right next to him for half a minute without him doing anything...I had to provoke him to attack. And there are bugs too. I shot one guy full of lead with three magazines and he didn't fall down...so I walked up to him and found he was simply frozen in place.

And the framerate is terrible. I know my PC at work isn't exactly fantastic (Athlon 900 with 512Mb RAM and a Geforce 256), but as I was moving my mouse around, the screen seemed to get caught, then slide, continuously. And that wasn't even with high details.

Don't take my word for it though...maybe it's just my work's PC. I'll try it at home shortly to see if that makes a difference.

If I had to recommend a spy game to try out...I'd definitely recommend NOLF2. Based on my experience so far with the demo, I can't recommend Nightfire.

PhantomHelix
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
yeah, it looks OK, but i cant wait for the DVD collection cause i like James Bond a lot.

Taos
10-28-2002, 05:59 PM
I'll be going to see the new movie Darth!! It opens on my birthday!! :D

Darth Groovy
10-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Looks like Goldeneye remains the dominant bond game.

Taos
10-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Looks like Goldeneye remains the dominant bond game.

Oh yeah!! Are you kidding?? I could have told you that!!:p I used to play that game for days at a time.....with no contact from the outside world.......

Elijah
10-28-2002, 09:18 PM
mmm... Bond... Which is the best one?

StormHammer
10-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ZDawg
mmm... Bond... Which is the best one?

Don't know. Personally I like Connery, Moore and Brosnan. :D

as for Nightfire...tried it on my home PC, which has an Athlon 850, 256Mb RAM and a Radeon 9700 pro. It ran a little smoother...so for some reason it's graphics intensive. However, the Ai remains terrible. You shoot one guy, he goes down with two shots. You shoot the next guy...it takes two clips. You have a gunfight on a balcony...and the guy standing ten feet away continues 'patrolling' the area, totally oblivious to the fact his comrades have all been massacred. You zoom in and shoot from a distance and take out a guy standing next to two other guys...and they don't react at all. Then you move one step closer...and suddenly there are three guys firing at you, with dead-on accuracy, and you're dead in one second.

Needless to say, I uninstalled the demo, and I won't be getting the game. I just don't understand how Gearbox could have messed up so badly this time around. :(

Darth Groovy
10-29-2002, 02:02 AM
Best Bond Movie is Goldfinger. Best Bond Actor is Sean Connery.

Goldfinger is the epitome of cool. :cool:

Count Dooku 2
10-29-2002, 01:24 PM
I must disagree here:

The best James Bond was Roger Moore, and the best James Bond film was "Octo*****", closely followed by "The Man with the Golden Gun". Yep, I'm going to see "Die Another Day" on release night (like I did with "Attack of the Clones" in London, with people like Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee and I managed to catch a glimpse of George Lucas' head), and I think "007: NightFire" will beat all the other James Bond games, simply because it is coming out on everything, each version is different and the gameplay is much better, more varied!

I think that's everything... oh, do pay attention, 007!

Taos
10-29-2002, 01:46 PM
I must agree with Darth Groovy!! Nothin' beats the original Bond, Sean Connery!

I know that Dr No was the first movie, but it was Goldfinger that was the first hit of the series (made in 1963 , I think). :p

Count Dooku 2
10-29-2002, 01:50 PM
No, sorry... the series only got better when Roger Moore took over, and, to me, he is the perfect 007. Sean Connery was good, I will give him that, but Moore's films were better quality, performance and all-round Bondage (not as in kinky black leather, as in... oh, you get the picture!).

Taos
10-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Right, you already stated how you feel on the matter in the earlier post........there's no need to do it again (it's called doube posting, a no-no :tsk: ). I was simply stating my opinion on the matter.......

There is no point in getting in a back and forth "who's better" discssion that will ultimately turn into flaming and me sending this :vamp1: after you!! :D

Count Dooku 2
10-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Erm... eep.

Sorry, but I am new here after all! It won't happen again, I apologize.

However, Roger Moore... oh, sorry!

Taos
10-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey man, it's no problem, I understand that you're new......I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

On this matter, we will agree to disagree. :D

Count Dooku 2
10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Sounds fine to me... I thought you were going to have a go at me! Several people around here have got it in for one "Holo-Sidious", and whoever has a really small post number is being accused of being this guy. Is this normal for LucasForums?

Taos
10-29-2002, 02:24 PM
You could just pm with that question instead of making a post....

Anywhooo,Holo-sid has about 7 different accounts with LF-that is why "ppl are after him." A person like that can't be trusted (duh?). It wouldn't be bad if he didn't try to deceive everyone....and no it is not normal for LF, you shouldn't have 7 different names/accounts in the first place, it is not allowed. He cheated the system.

EDIT-The swamp is the best/friendliest place to be!! IMO!:D

Count Dooku 2
10-29-2002, 03:48 PM
I am happy this place is a friendly place! Holo-Sidious sounds evil to me... and I know it's not usual for people to have more than one account. Don't worry: juggling names and passwords is hard enought for me, with my e-mail account and LucasForums! Deceiving people is nasty, too. You should just be yourself, then no-one has anything against you.

Some advice there from your friendly neighbourhood Count of Seranno!

<Im Yo Pusha>
10-29-2002, 04:14 PM
I just got it, its really cool. Im a huge Bond fan and its nice to see them all on a DVD.

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 12:42 AM
I had a thought today, and yes I have many weird thoughts like this. I think Peirce Brosnan is the best Bond Since Sean Connery, however if Brosnan were to retire(like Micheal Keaton did in Batman), who would be a the new James Bond?

I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I don't care.

I think Ewan McGregor would make an excellent 007. :D

Jah Warrior
10-30-2002, 12:59 AM
this is all too familiar,

I collect bond books and also teh films.

I was buying one a month of the bond films on VHS back before they released DVD's LOL. well i had all but 2 i forget which, then all of a sudden the bond films were withdrawn form the shops and you could only get the entire collection as a box set. £150!!! Idont think sooooooo!

anyways they repackaged the films and re-released on video. I know its a nit-pick but they changed the cover and the two new films i bought were odd compared to teh others, this pee'd me off for ages then one day i took the cover out of the sleeve only to find that the original packaging was on the reverse!!!! LOL

I had even sent a letter of complaint to MGM/UA about it by then, i felt like such a plonker !!!:o

Oh yeah forgot to say:-
Did you get hold of Never say Never Again, its very hard to find so if you have it already you are a lucky fella!

Jah Warrior
10-30-2002, 01:01 AM
I had a thought today, and yes I have many weird thoughts like this. I think Peirce Brosnan is the best Bond Since Sean Connery, however if Brosnan were to retire(like Micheal Keaton did in Batman), who would be a the new James Bond?

I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I don't care.

I think Ewan McGregor would make an excellent 007. :D

groove my man, this requires a poll, shall you do the honours or shall I?

psssst i hear robbie *spits on the floor* williams is in the running!!!

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
this is all too familiar,

I collect bond books and also teh films.

I was buying one a month of the bond films on VHS back before they released DVD's LOL. well i had all but 2 i forget which, then all of a sudden the bond films were withdrawn form the shops and you could only get the entire collection as a box set. £150!!! Idont think sooooooo!

anyways they repackaged the films and re-released on video. I know its a nit-pick but they changed the cover and the two new films i bought were odd compared to teh others, this pee'd me off for ages then one day i took the cover out of the sleeve only to find that the original packaging was on the reverse!!!! LOL

I had even sent a letter of complaint to MGM/UA about it by then, i felt like such a plonker !!!:o

Oh yeah forgot to say:-
Did you get hold of Never say Never Again, its very hard to find so if you have it already you are a lucky fella!
Actually it is not that hard to find. It's not an official Bond release, and I have seen it for sale up at Sam's Club(a wholesale division of Wal-Mart)for like $8 I think. I think I will get it sometime this week. What I really want now though is Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, Octo*****, and The Living Daylights, because these are a few of my other favorites.

Taos
10-30-2002, 02:53 AM
Ewan McGregor huh? Very interesting........though I think the ppl from England wouldn't like it much, with McGregor being Scottish and all, the accents are different. Who's to say? No question he's a good actor!

My choice for bond if they got rid of Pierce would be..........the actor who plays Legolas, what's his name again?? I think he's English. *shrugs* Did you see him in that "making of" part, he had a crazy mowhawk!!

EDIT-JFI, I saw a preview tonight for the Bond moives on TBS!! Probably at least a week away......lets get excited!!! :p

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 03:04 AM
James Bond, Sean Connery, and Ewan McGregor all have Scottish backrounds. Read here (http://www.007.com/enter/dossier2.html) , you'll love it. Ewan is an amazingly versatile actor and could do wonders for the role of a lifetime. He's perfect for the part. :)

Edit- The misake MGM keeps making is they keep hiring the right actors, but late in life. Moore was pretty old when he started and so is Pierce(the greys are really showing now). Why not getting younger lad like Ewan to freshen up the bloodline?:cool:

JediNyt
10-30-2002, 03:09 AM
Ewan doesnt really have the Bond look. Hes a great actor but I dont see him right for Bond. Brosnan is the best Bond IMHO. even if hes getting old for the part. Theyll get another one when the time comes. This may be Brosnans last Bond. Hes done 4 of em and 20 is a good number to end on.

Jah Warrior
10-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Ewan McGregor would be great, soent matter that he is scottish, he is still a British subject. How about a black Bond? now that would shake the system.

I can hear them now "ooh its just not cricket!" bla bla bla.

Sean Bean would have been a great Bond but alas he was a baddie in goldeneye.

The only condition with Bond is that he isnt played by an American actor, I think most Brits would be disgusted by that.

It still confounds me that they chose George Lazenby for the Bond in OHMSS, its the best bond story by far and he was such a bad actor it made my teeth stand on end!

Dear God, i just realized who is gonna be the next bond. you know its gonna be that fop Hugh Grant...:mad:

twenty quid says he's the next bond.

Taos
10-30-2002, 03:18 AM
That just goes to show you how talented those actors are.....they can adapt to any role they need to play. You know, I've always thought that they have picked actors that were a little "too old." They have been old enough as to where they could only play James Bond for a number of years.......they do need to bring in someone younger.

Is there really talk about replacing Pierce?? If so is Ewan a candidate?? Or is this just your hope? Honestly, the more I think about it, well.........I can't argue at all against Ewan. *shrugs* A great actor for sure. Would just need to put on a few more pounds of muscle. I've seen some interviews with him.....his pretty skinny!

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 03:40 AM
Hugh Grant would ruin the Bond franchise quicker than George Clooney ruined Batman.

When I think of Hugh Grant, I think of idiots, pretty boys, and chick flicks. He's much to prissy for the part.

Ewan may not be the perfect look but he does have the talent, and the charm. I could see him as 007 easy.

As far as wether it's Brosnan's last film, I honestly don't know, I just know he's getting older, and I thought this would be an interesting topic of discussion, so I brought it up. :)

Taos
10-30-2002, 03:55 AM
And a good topic of discussion it is!!

If this movie does well, I think Pierce will be around for the next one for sure. If it doesn't do so well, I think he may just get kicked aside......:(

I did really like Goldeneye! :cool:

Btw-I don't ever want to hear Hugh Grants name and 007 brought up in the same sentence!!!! please.....that would be my worst nightmare!!!

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 04:40 AM
Goldeneye was an amazing picture. Brosnan added a somewhat darker approach to the character that had been camped somewhat by Roger Moore.(though I like a few titles with him in them as well)

access_flux
10-30-2002, 04:45 AM
and how much would this collection cost though? i'm too slack to chek it out and i have no time anyway.

Darth Groovy
10-30-2002, 04:47 AM
I paid about $74 for it. Not bad considering each flick has more features than you can shake a walther PPK at. :D

Count Dooku 2
10-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Yoda = James Bond 007!

No? Thought not...

I'm not sure who should take over from Peirce. He has been quoted as saying that "Die Another Day" is his last outing as the super-spy, but I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not. If Robbie Williams takes over, then I will hang myself.

Kidding!

StormHammer
10-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I definitely like Brosnan in the role too. He brought back the dangerous edge to the character that Connery managed to capture well in the first few outings. I did like Roger Moore in his earlier outings as Bond too - his rapport with Richard Kiel (Jaws) was good to watch, and he injecting some light humour into the proceedings.

I wasn't fussed on Lazenby or Dalton...but I applaud the latter for doing quite a few of his own stunts.

As for nationality...the only truly English Bond was Roger Moore. Sean Connery was Scottish, Lazenby was (I think) Australian, Timothy Dalton was a Welshman, and Pierce Brosnan is Irish by birth.

I'm not convinced Ewan McGregor would be right for the role, though. He's a great actor, and he's certainly young enough to inject something new into the character...but he just doesn't seem dangerous enough.

I've just been reading an article in SFX magazine (a decent mag that covers film, comics, DVD's, books etc., in the fantasy and SF genres), where they interviewed the director of Die another Day, Lee Tamahori. He reckons the old Tux and casino gig is outdated, and modern audiences don't really equate with these things. I'm inclined to agree with him. Some elements have to remain, such as raw action, pretty girls and OTT baddies...some of the core elements that define Bond...but there's room for improvement and change too. The world is changing, and the Bond franchise has tried to keep pace, but sometimes falls short and relies on cliched plots and gimmicks.

I can also equate with Tamahori's view that Bond doesn't really have to be just one person who has simply been played by different actors through the years...but that 007 and James Bond are just code-names, and anyone could have assumed the mantle of the superspy. In essence, each different actor could in truth have been a different agent, simply using the same number and name.

Which then begs the question...does the next Bond have to be a man? Why not a woman? Hmmm...maybe that's going too far, Tamahori. :tsk:

But if James Bond and 007 are just codenames, it opens the path for young, dynamic actors to assume the role. Maybe they don't have to go as far as the Vin Diesel approach in xXx, but they can definitely bring a new slant to the franchise, and shed the stuffy trappings of the past.

In an age where biology and technology are converging, maybe the next Bond could be cybernetically enhanced, Deus Ex style...

Taos
10-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Wow, that's great analysis Stormy!! Thanks for all of the information.

I agree, hopefully, they don't have to go as far as xxx did, but I think they can still put together something that will bring more fans back into the audience. Btw-I just loved the Jaws-Roger Moore realationship! :)

Cybernetically enhanced huh? Interesting.........

Darth Groovy
11-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Anywone know where I can find a screensaver that looks like my avatar?

You know the classic Bond Movie opening"?

Taos
11-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I dunno Groovy......the best thing I can think of is some kind of fansite.....but you never know what you are getting with that so......:confused:

Darth Groovy
11-06-2002, 03:57 AM
Well, lex helped me find a really cool sexy window's theme, and i already got some nice wallpapers and I know where to get event sounds, but the two things I am lacking is a good screensaver, and also desktop icons. I did a google search and came up with some really lame looking crap that looks like it was put together by a 2 year old. I mean really, how cool is a slideshow of movie posters? I'd rather see the opening scene pictured in my avatar here, or an animated shot of an Aston Martin DB5!!:D

Here's what I got going on so far, still need icons and a good screen saver:

http://www.lucasforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=893069

Jed
11-07-2002, 11:10 PM
Like Bond, eh Groovy?

BUMP :D

Darth Groovy
11-07-2002, 11:15 PM
Here's the upcoming special import dvd package from my latest movie:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=963428

If that don't work, here's the link!http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=963428

Edit- niether one of them work because villagephotos sucks! Go here instead:

http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/08020549ipq/image1page2.jpg

Elijah
11-07-2002, 11:29 PM
I Never really liked the new james bonds... they guy shaggs every *EVERY* chick he meets... how realistic is that?

Hekx
11-07-2002, 11:39 PM
Woah, Bond :)
The classic movies own. The new movies just seem to keep getting made and I don't go and see them.
Everyone remember Nick Nack?
Nick Nack owns. :xp:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webb.home/NickNack.jpg
Menacing :cool:
I couldn't resist posting the picture. I'm sorry for any traumas and paranoia of migits caused.

Taos
11-08-2002, 02:41 AM
I Never really liked the new james bonds... they guy shaggs every *EVERY* chick he meets... how realistic is that?

:eyeraise:

Hey, let me let you in on a little secret Zdawg........

It's a movie!!!!! It's entertainment....it doesn't have to be realistic! o.O

Just enjoy it for what it is.........:roleyess:

Elijah
11-08-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
It's a movie!!!!! It's entertainment....it doesn't have to be realistic!

Who wants to be entertained by a guy screwing every chick he meets?

Conery did a MUCH better job as bond IMO

And Lemmu, that was my opinion, no need to blow a gasget.

Taos
11-08-2002, 02:53 AM
I don't mind seeing it, in fact I've seen all of the Bond movies several times......:D

I think there are a few others around here who don't mind seeing it either.

Z, I haven't blown a gasket, I was just trying to make a point man......no hard feelings. ;)

Elijah
11-08-2002, 02:57 AM
It's all cool... i just personaly dont wanna see him.. you know... boring...
IMO :D

Taos
11-08-2002, 03:05 AM
I gotcha man, I've seen a few more different previews just today alone.........looks like it's packed with action as usual <which is good>

:cheers:

Darth Groovy
11-08-2002, 07:06 AM

I have shagged nearly every girl I have met. I do not claim to be Bond, but I am persistant and loyal to any female that is giving me the time of day. I do know how to please a woman, and enjoy carrying out the process alot more than explaining it! Groovy, Darth Groovy! :cool:

StormHammer
11-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, I bit the bullet, stumped up the cash, and got myself the 20 DVD boxed set...and it owns. :cool:

The quality is excellent. Talk about 00Heaven... ;)

-s/<itzo-
11-08-2002, 11:42 AM
if theres going to be another 007 movie who do you think would be a perfect fit for a bond girl????

personally i'll pick Elizabeth Hurley.

obi
11-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Double o seven, You'd better bring me that rubber-chicken-torpeado-launcher I made for you back in prestine order! Otherwise I might have to shoot you with the Ghetto blaster! It's something we are making for the Americans.

RIP, Desmon Llewelyn

1913-1999

Taos
11-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by -s/&lt;itzo-
if theres going to be another 007 movie who do you think would be a perfect fit for a bond girl????

personally i'll pick Elizabeth Hurley.

I second that!!!

....why not pick her??

Count Dooku 2
11-08-2002, 02:14 PM
James Bond 007 is amazing! I've already got my tickets to go and see "Die Another Day" on the 20th of November!

Anyway, my real reason for being here: Pierce Brosnan has signed a contract binding him to the 21st James Bond film to play the super-spy. So, the face of Bond won't change for a while (Ewan McGregor can put away that tuxedo for now).

Pad
11-08-2002, 02:26 PM
i cant believe i havent been here before. i just love the bond mvies. i think ive seen em all, but im not sure of that. its always nice when i feel like seein a bond movie, i got to my neighbour who almost has all bond movies.

and i think pierce is doin a good job as 007.

JediNyt
11-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Count Dooku 2
James Bond 007 is amazing! I've already got my tickets to go and see "Die Another Day" on the 20th of November!

Anyway, my real reason for being here: Pierce Brosnan has signed a contract binding him to the 21st James Bond film to play the super-spy. So, the face of Bond won't change for a while (Ewan McGregor can put away that tuxedo for now).

Uh isnt it the 22nd? Or are you in the UK and they show it earlier? Im gonna see it the first day alright.:cool: From now to when Brosnan quits McGregor will have enough time to build some muscle and slim his face down a bit.:thumbsup:

obi
11-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JediNyt

McGregor will have enough time to build some muscle and slim his face down a bit.:thumbsup:

You callin him fat?

:mad:

Darth Groovy
11-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Well, I bit the bullet, stumped up the cash, and got myself the 20 DVD boxed set...and it owns. :cool:

The quality is excellent. Talk about 00Heaven... ;)

I waaaaaaaaant that, could you link me?

Taos
11-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I want it too please stormy!!! Is it a UK thing? I wonder what the shipping charges would be on something like that.........

Hopefully not too bad.....:(

I can't wait to see die another day!!!!

StormHammer
11-08-2002, 07:28 PM
I'll have to refer you to my previous post, guys...

If you're a really serious Bond collector, with a multi-region DVD player and you're not afraid of shipping taxes...then I'd say go for this Bond DVD collection (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005Q61R/qid=1035237415/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/202-9087928-9059837) which contains all 19 (official) films, and apparently has a space for number 20. As I say, the only drawback from the POV of people in the US is it's Region 2 and PAL encoding...

I don't know if it's available in the U.S. :(

Taos
11-08-2002, 07:56 PM
I'll have to refer you to my previous post, guys...

I don't know if it's available in the U.S. :(

I thought maybe you found something different then that.......oh well. It probably isn't available.......figures though. Thanks for the help Stormy!!

btw-Is it any good at all?

*runs*

:rofl:

Darth Groovy
11-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Yipes! Stormy that is just too much money, and not including the shipping charges. That's right, apparently that set is only available in the UK. The best I could dig up was this at mgm.com

http://www.jamesbond.com/dvd-vhs/us/

Though I can't seem to find any release dates, because the mgm website is horrible. Anybody that can find me prices and release dates shall be my friend for life!