PDA

View Full Version : I want to use sounds...!!

JackiePChong
10-23-2002, 12:42 PM
..., but I cant find the .txt file where I can see which sounds I can use. Where is it??

Tyler_Durden
10-23-2002, 07:51 PM
It's in the assets0.pk3 file in your base directory. Open up assets0.pk3 with winzip (if a popup asks you open with, use winzip) then look for sound.txt, extract it to any directory. Open it and check out all the sounds. Personally though, i just open assets.pk3 then check out the sounds one by one to see which is the exact one i want to use. Oh yeah, don't use the winzip wizard, you need to be using winzip classic in order to view all the files within assets0.pk3. Hope that helps. :D

Eldritch
10-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
It's in the assets0.pk3 file in your base directory. Open up assets0.pk3 with winzip (if a popup asks you open with, use winzip) then look for sound.txt, extract it to any directory. Open it and check out all the sounds. Personally though, i just open assets.pk3 then check out the sounds one by one to see which is the exact one i want to use. Oh yeah, don't use the winzip wizard, you need to be using winzip classic in order to view all the files within assets0.pk3. Hope that helps. :D

An easier approach would be to download and use Pakscape, a program used to make and modify PK3 files... then open up assests0.pk3 with it and open sound.txt directly from there.
Much easier than fiddling around with Winzip.