PDA

View Full Version : good lighting shaders link

obi_1_kenobi
10-23-2002, 08:19 PM
does any one have a good link to learn how to make all or some textures a constant light? instead of having spots everywhere

Eldritch
10-23-2002, 11:40 PM
What do you mean by constant?

If you mean you don't want to see a light radius, your alternatives are as follows:

1) Add more light entities so that there's no "spots"

2) Use a sky shader that emits light

3) Use the ambient value in the worldspawn entity to add a flat level of lighting to your entire map, but say goodbye to shadows... this makes the map look fake in my opinion, but it's up to you.

obi_1_kenobi
10-24-2002, 06:15 PM
yeah ill most likely tinker around with choice 3 even though some parts of the map i want darker than others but ill try just more lights with lower values every where if that helps.

obi_1_kenobi
10-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Another thing ive been wondering about, how do i designate different music files with different areas, btw thanks for the help :D

taboo
10-25-2002, 04:15 AM
Using spotlights works pretty well in some cases. I've used spotlights a few times to light doors etc rather than fiddle around with placing 6-8 normal lights.

Shadriss
10-25-2002, 06:07 AM
I've used the ambient method in my newest map. If you set it real low, then use spotlights, low-radius light entities, and L.E.S.'s for highlighting, you still get shadows, and the base light level remains constant. :)

check out the screenshots at www.geocities.com/shadriss/dotf.html and you'll see what results I got using that method.