PDA

View Full Version : What was the first record/cd you bought?

Jah Warrior
10-27-2002, 03:59 AM
well as the title suggests, here you can list the frist record you bought.

It may be embarassing I know my first record was very shameful yet somehow cool, in that sort of tacky way.

so to set the ball rolling here is my firstever record:-

Father Abraham - The magic flute (the smurf song):eek:
it came out in '77 and was on decca records, what a classic! LOL

go on tell us your first record, it couldnt be worse than mine! could it?

Taos
10-27-2002, 04:07 AM
The first tape I ever bought would be 2 Live Crew "As Nasty as They Wanna Be" :naughty:. I was in the 6th grade and after about two weeks my mom made me take it back and I got some Micheal Jackson tape instead.......even though I like MJ, I wasn't very happy.

:)

GonkH8er
10-27-2002, 04:39 AM
Metallica- And Justice For All....

that and

John Coltrane- Blue Train

Jah Warrior
10-27-2002, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
Metallica- And Justice For All....

that and

John Coltrane- Blue Train

diverse to say the least:eek:

mima kake
10-27-2002, 05:00 AM
My firts record is nothing to be embarased about.

It was the Soundtrack of E.T. by John williams.

Not a bad choice for a 13 year old.;)

acdcfanbill
10-27-2002, 05:34 AM
AC/DC - Back in Black
or perhaps it was
AC/DC - High Voltage

i dont remimber it was a long time ago...

Cowboy
10-27-2002, 06:42 AM
Two Sweds and the plumber
ohhhh
you meant cd, not dvd.. sorry
umm
prolly Gun and Roses - Appetite for Destruction :D

BCanr2d2
10-27-2002, 06:58 AM
Well,

If you are going by first CD - then it would be Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction. Still not a bad CD after all these years

First tape was Aerosmith's Pump..

Darth Dooku
10-27-2002, 08:01 AM
I've never bought a "record" as such, but I have bought CDs and tapes. The first of these |I ever bought was "The Smurfs Go Pop" on tape - could you blame me for being only 7years old!?

obi
10-27-2002, 09:09 AM
This was a while back.......lemme remember.........

I think it was something like "Baracuda" or something. Don't ask me who sang it, i have no idea.

Jed
10-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Straight on till Morning by Blues Traveler.

I'm not sure why I bought it either.

gorganfloss
10-27-2002, 04:52 PM
My first cd that I myself bought was Tenacious D. I cant remember the fisrt cd I ever got though.

SkinWalker
10-27-2002, 05:19 PM
My first album was Three Dog Night's Joy to the World: Their Greatest Hits. I bought it on 8-Track in 1974 (I was like 8 years old).

Yes kids.... Cd's weren't always around. In fact the cassette just came out as a replacement to the 8-track, though I got a LOT of use out of mine!

I listen to Blues, Jazz, and Classical now... but I can still be caught with a little Led Zepplin now and again.

SkinWalker

leXX
10-27-2002, 05:36 PM
I think I got ya beat Jah. I dunno if I should admit this or not! The first 7" I remember buying was Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners. :o

Kylilin
10-27-2002, 05:40 PM
A Tribe Called Quest: People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

Jah Warrior
10-27-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by leXX
I think I got ya beat Jah. I dunno if I should admit this or not! The first 7" I remember buying was Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners. :o

oh gosh...:eek: :D :eek: :D that aint good it does have comedy value though

OnlyOneCanoli
10-27-2002, 05:41 PM
I bought Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins in 1994. Still one of my favorite albums ever. :)

Ratmjedi
10-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Mine was "Razorblade Suitcase" by Bush. I let a friend borrow it and he never gave it back but I bought a replacement. I still love the CD.
:lsduel: :duel:

Pad
10-27-2002, 06:07 PM
my first cd, let me thing cause i got lots and lots of em.
got it: first album i bought was Throwing copper by Live

StormHammer
10-28-2002, 12:31 AM
QUEEN: Greatest Hits was the first album I ever bought on audio tape. I think the first LP vinyl album I bought was The Shadow's Greatest Hits (I was very young then...honest). And my first CD (double) was Best of...Rainbow. :)

-s/<itzo-
10-28-2002, 12:56 AM
when i was young somebody baught it for me

when i got older there was the internet

so i don't have any recolection of ever buying any cds or tapes in my whole life. thats weird. but the first cd i ever had and i'm not gonna lie, it was Michael Jackson's dangerous album. heal the world and jam were my sh1t. i think that cd is broken in half somewhere in the streets.

Jah Warrior
10-28-2002, 01:19 AM
well the first CD i bought was a very very late one...

I used to be a dj and was very very anti-cd so it was 1994 before i owned a cd player and even then it was only the one on the PC lol.

My first CD was Future Sound of London - ISDN (virgin records)

I only bought it to sample for tunes that i was making but it was ruff. I lost the cd but still have the case to this day, its opens out and has a velcro fastener. (hehe it was where i kept my stash for ages;)) I recently replaced it with a re-issue which i got for a fiver.