PDA

View Full Version : Prof. Dumbledore died!

Acrylic
10-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Well, I heard that Professor Dumbledore from Harry Potter (forgot his real name) died. I found this new on a Yugoslavian news site.

Sivy
10-27-2002, 11:42 PM
Richard Harris,

yeah it's a shame he was a great actor

gorganfloss
10-27-2002, 11:42 PM
I heard about that on the news...Damn shame...:(

Acrylic
10-27-2002, 11:43 PM
I know, I really liked his acting skills, plus, what are they gonna do about the other Harry Potter movies? Whos gonna be another Dumbledore?

gorganfloss
10-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Im gunna be Dumbledore.
Theyre gunna put me in an aging chamebr and crap like that to get me to look like him.:p

StormHammer
10-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Yep, another great actor bites the dust. :(

It makes you wonder who'll be next...

Sivy
10-27-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
I know, I really liked his acting skills, plus, what are they gonna do about the other Harry Potter movies? Whos gonna be another Dumbledore?

his stand-in, who did some scenes in harry potter 2, looks just like him. won't be the same though

Acrylic
10-27-2002, 11:52 PM
true, true. he was such a great actor *hangs head low and stands there* gosh, so many people are dying! gosh! its so bad!

Chewbacco
10-27-2002, 11:54 PM
He was a good actor, liked him.:(

-s/<itzo-
10-28-2002, 12:02 AM
just check up on it he died from hodgkin's disease. so whos going to be Dumbledore in the Goblet of Fire????

Tyrion
10-28-2002, 12:03 AM
What? You expect an old wizard like Dumbledore to live forever? He suffers too from Hodgkin's desease too:D

-s/<itzo-
10-28-2002, 12:10 AM
what..thats really great. here's 25 cent call somebdy that cares. don't be such a jerkass broham. keep your comments to yourself. someone just died have some respect.

Tyrion
10-28-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by LBuRNa
what..thats really great. here's 25 cent call somebdy that cares. don't be such a jerkass broham. keep your comments to yourself. someone just died have some respect.

Hmm? Sorry for trying to make things a little better....

As for the dumbledore guy, I didnt really like him in the movies(mostly because I didnt live the movie). But I am sorry that he died(then again,this isnt shocking news to m, heard it the day before).

-s/<itzo-
10-28-2002, 12:17 AM
i wasn't a fan of Harry Potter neither but somethings are just better off not makin fun of. especially deaths maybe osama bin ladin's.

imagine if his name is osama bin drinkin that would be funny as hell.

Taos
10-28-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Yep, another great actor bites the dust. :(

It makes you wonder who'll be next...

Yeah, it's a real sad thing.....I was sad when Desmond Lewellen died in that car wreck.......:(

Andy867
10-28-2002, 01:13 AM
But this is only the beginning though.. Celebrity deaths always come in 3's... Look at Darryl Kyle of the St Louis Cardinals, Joe Buck, and Hoyt Wilhelm... All died within the same time period...

Taos
10-28-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
But this is only the beginning though.. Celebrity deaths always come in 3's... Look at Darryl Kyle of the St Louis Cardinals, Joe Buck, and Hoyt Wilhelm... All died within the same time period...

Hhmm.....interesting theory 867. I hope that it is wrong though. Is that kind of like the rule of 3 from American Pie 2???? :p

Boba Rhett
10-28-2002, 01:48 AM
Msytic voices are telling me it'll be Bob Barker and Adam Sandler. *shrugs* Have you guys seen Barker? He isn't looking well. :(

Taos
10-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Oh...you're hearing voices Rhett??? me too.......they are saying Celine Dion and Billy Ray Cirus. :D

And no, I haven't seen barker....looks that bad huh?

TiE23
10-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Prof. Dumblebore go poof?
he was okay even though he thought HP was a load of crap, and with that horrible kid who did HP, kinda funny that everyones voice changed inbeween the movies.:D

Eldritch
10-28-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by LBuRNa
just check up on it he died from hodgkin's disease. so whos going to be Dumbledore in the Goblet of Fire????

They got a little longer to worry about that, because they've got to film the 3rd movie, The Prisoner of Azkaban first. Goblet of Fire is the 4th one.

And Sivy, how do you know they'll be using his stand-in for the rest of the movies? They haven't announced anything about it yet. Or are you just assuming they will because he did some scenes in the 2nd movie?

whitedragon
10-28-2002, 06:38 PM
Well, I heard that Professor Dumbledore from Harry Potter (forgot his real name) died. I found this new on a Yugoslavian news site.
really? man that sucks BAD. what happend

Eldritch
10-29-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by whitedragon

really? man that sucks BAD. what happend

He had Hodgkin's disease, a form of cancer that attacks the lymph nodes.

Acrylic
10-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Well, the good news is, I cant wait to see the Chamber of Secrets movie, and cant wait til the 4th movie comes out...that might be kinda neat...

JandoFett1842
10-29-2002, 11:02 PM
First the guy who played Obi-Wan in the orginal Star Wars, tehn that Chick from Matrix Reloaded now that old Dude? Who next Perice Brodson from Bond? All the actors are dieng! who is going to help us become glued 2 the tv more? what is the world coming 2? AHHHH!

StormHammer
10-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Apparently there are two contenders for the role of Dumbledore in the next movie. One is Richard Harris' stand-in...who is apparently good. The other is...wait for it...CHRISTOPHER LEE!

Do you know the sad irony of this? Christopher Lee is over 80, and Richard Harris died at the age of 72. I don't know what old Chris is on...but at this rate I can still see him acting when he's 100. :eyeraise:

Mind you...Sir John Mills is still kicking around too...and he's in his 90's. :)

PhantomHelix
10-30-2002, 04:19 PM
its awful that the guy died. he was a good actor, and i enjoyed his part in the harry potter movie. this is gonna put a kink in the produciton of the next movies.....

Eldritch
10-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Apparently there are two contenders for the role of Dumbledore in the next movie. One is Richard Harris' stand-in...who is apparently good. The other is...wait for it...CHRISTOPHER LEE!

I'd like to know where you heard that - I don't imagine that anything has even been discussed yet about the replacement for Harris, so any "news" is probably just rumors or conjecture at this point. Besides, Lee as Dumbledore just doesn't fit... I can't imagine Rowling giving him the green light to replace Harris.

StormHammer
10-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

I'd like to know where you heard that - I don't imagine that anything has even been discussed yet about the replacement for Harris, so any "news" is probably just rumors or conjecture at this point. Besides, Lee as Dumbledore just doesn't fit... I can't imagine Rowling giving him the green light to replace Harris.

Some newspaper that was lying on a desk at work today. Forget which one.

And you're probably right...it's just rumour and speculation at the moment. :) 90% of newspaper articles are pure fiction, and the other 10% are lies. :(

Qui-GONE Jinn
10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
I have a hard time imagining Christopher Lee degrading himself in that fashion...from Saruman to dumbledore!!

But it was really sad about Harris, though. Just wondered, is he the actor that played Emperor Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator?

StormHammer
10-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Qui-GONE Jinn
But it was really sad about Harris, though. Just wondered, is he the actor that played Emperor Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator?

Yes. And he's been in too many other films to mention them all. Oh well..alright then. Try this link (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800011800&cf=movies&intl=us) for some of his more well-known films/roles. Mind you, that list pales into insignificance compared to one for Christopher Lee (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/christopher_lee_films.html) himself. :eek:

Elijah
10-30-2002, 05:23 PM
*looks around*

The next person to die might be you (O)_(o)

j/k

ok, yea... that wasnt funny...

ZBomber
10-30-2002, 05:29 PM
I miss him and Ted Williams.. even thoguh I never knew them...... :(

Acrylic
10-30-2002, 09:23 PM
even though i never met her, i miss Aaliyah! Its so sad to know she will never walk the face of the earth again....shame

Skate Boy
02-05-2003, 10:45 PM
I still cry when I think about John Lennon, that death makes me really sad. I never saw Harry Potter so I don't know who Dumbledore is. What else was he in?

Merc Hit

Andy867
02-05-2003, 11:26 PM
He played the priest/prisoner in The Count of Monte Cristo.

Gladiator (2000) .... Emperor Marcus Aurelius

He shall be missed:(

wassup
02-06-2003, 03:24 AM
He played the priest/prisoner in The Count of Monte Cristo.

Gladiator (2000) .... Emperor Marcus Aurelius

Wow I didn't know that...sad to see a great actor go

Those were 2 great movies.

ZBomber
02-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Skate Boy
I still cry when I think about John Lennon, that death makes me really sad. I never saw Harry Potter so I don't know who Dumbledore is. What else was he in?

Merc Hit

Ummm... That was... strange... o.O

Clemme w/Stick
02-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Whos gonna be another Dumbledore?

I heard some rumors about Christopher Lee taking his role. I cant make it fit anywhere though.

Well, its prolly just a rumor. BTW its a long time since he died, and so is that rumor.

-Clemme

{BK}SupremePain
02-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Msytic voices are telling me it'll be Bob Barker and Adam Sandler. *shrugs* Have you guys seen Barker? He isn't looking well. :(
woot woot?! Adam Sandler? does he have a sickness?

i think its sad that the guy that plays Q in james bond has died.... he was cool, he had been in all the movies while the james bond's had been changed several times

wassup
02-06-2003, 10:02 PM
The new Dumbledore is a guy named Michael Gambon. Heres (http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11044,00.html) some more info bout him.