PDA

View Full Version : Whats you favorite star fighter?

JediNyt
11-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Since I can only put up 10 options, I put up the best ones I could think of. If your choice is not here then post it yourself.

Missle boat for me cause duh I got all the warheads I could ever wish for :D and its as manuverable as the A-Wing! But Id modify it to carry more than one blaster canon.;) :missile:

Taos
11-01-2002, 03:15 AM
Well JediNyt, I chose the best all around fighter IMO. The one that every kid (well, not every kid) wanted to fly and still wants to fly.....the X-WING!!

:D

AgentSmith
11-01-2002, 06:51 AM
I too choose the X-Wing, it's the best all-round craft and can match or face pretty much all the others in the list, so. :)

Purple_Tentacle
11-01-2002, 06:56 AM
TIE DEFENDER all the way ! if i had the cash i would purchase 2 7181 tie interceptor LEGO sets and build one.

but i do think that the Tie Defender is a bit TOO good, ya know. it has EVERYTHING, 4 lasers, 2 ion lasers, a tractor beam, (limited) torpedo launchers, and Hyperdrive.

if i could only choose ships from the movies i'd aesthetically choose a TIE interceptor (so cool), and i'd parctically choose an X-Wing (sheilds / hyperdrive).

Admiral_Ackbar8
11-01-2002, 08:56 PM
favorite starfighter? B-wing because Admiral Ackbar invented it

Sivy
11-01-2002, 08:59 PM
A-Wing for me

leXX
11-01-2002, 10:29 PM
I always wanted to fly a tie fighter! [-o-]

Sivy
11-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by leXX
I always wanted to fly a tie fighter! [-o-]

no no no, that is a tie intercepter

|-o-| that is a tie fighter :rolleyes:

Ratmjedi
11-02-2002, 04:06 AM
Mine is the X-Wing. Like Leemu Taos said. It's the craft that every kid wanted to pilot. It's got everything that you could want. It's a well rounded craft and it could hold it's own against mostly anything. I really wish they were real so that I could fly one. :(
:duel: :lsduel:

Count Dooku 2
11-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Where is Count Dooku's Solar Sailor?

Fast, manoeuvarable, elegent, sleek and well armed. Can your X-Wings and TIE Fighters beat 84 narrow-pulse tractor/repulsor beams? Plus, the sail is just pure genius: I love it!

(---<O

Oh, come on! It's hard to make out of keyboard symbols!

Lionen
11-02-2002, 03:42 PM
With a risk of sounding boring, i vote for the :x-wing:
but TIE Fighters are cool too....

ET Warrior
11-02-2002, 08:02 PM
I voted the Bwing...i always just thought that it was neat lookin...Xwings are the second best.

leXX
11-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B

no no no, that is a tie intercepter

|-o-| that is a tie fighter :rolleyes:

pedantic :rolleyes:

Sivy
11-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by leXX

pedantic :rolleyes:

who me? never :o

Spider-bear
11-03-2002, 01:52 AM
My don know. Too many good craft to choose from. The nominies are: X-wing, TIE Defender and A-wing!

Oh! I know! THE Y-WING! I LIKE BIG PIECES OF SH**!!!!!! J/K!!

I like the A-wings dog fighting, manuvering, and speed capabilities....but...

I like the X-wings stamina and firepower and it looks SO COOL!!!
...but...

I like TIE Defender's manuvering, firepower, speed, dogfighting capabilities, stamina, and HAVING EVERYTHING!!!! I've made up my mind..............

TIE DEFENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

teutonicknight
11-03-2002, 03:43 AM
Hm.. my favorite fighter would probably be the B wing.

o-|----

(can you tell that that is a b wing? :p )

It looks sooo cool and I like how it rolls. I also love the way the s-folds close :cool:

Count Dooku 2
11-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Solar Sailor.

However, where is the basic, flat-winged TIE Fighter in the poll? You've got all the varients (nearly), but no TIE Fighter? That's criminal...

:tie:

ET Warrior
11-03-2002, 05:16 PM
I agree with Teutonic Knight....Bwings are just plain neat.

JediNyt
11-03-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Count Dooku 2
Solar Sailor.

However, where is the basic, flat-winged TIE Fighter in the poll? You've got all the varients (nearly), but no TIE Fighter? That's criminal...

:tie:

Did you read my opening post?:roleyess:

Rogue15
11-03-2002, 05:34 PM
the A-Wing

leXX
11-03-2002, 07:44 PM
@ Count Dooku 2

Yep, the Geonosian solar sailer looks awesome. I was very impressed when I saw it in the film. That would be my second choice.

(>-->

Damn, you're right, it is very hard to do! :D

Count Dooku 2
11-04-2002, 03:46 AM
Hey leXX, go with:

(---<O

It seems to work (sort of)!

Queen Amidala was supposed to use a solar sail on her Royal Starship in 'Episode I', but the idea was scrapped. I like it, and think more ships with sails would be nice (maybe a fleet or something?).

Darth Kaan
11-04-2002, 11:10 AM
X-Wing all the way.

I love playing Rougue Squadron 3D.

Count Dooku 2
11-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Love that game!

:D

ckcsaber
11-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I also chos X wing but I would rather have my own freighter like the YT-2000. Much more personalized

ET Warrior
11-06-2002, 11:58 PM
A fleet of solar ships would be in trouble.....one turbolaser blast would no doubt rip those sails into shreds and they'd lose one of their ability to go to lightspeed.......

Count Dooku 2
11-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Ah, ET Warrior, did you know that Count Dooku's Solar Sailor has the most powerful (and expensive) deflector shield generator, which envelopes the solar sail when activated? This energy bubble is capable of deflecting nearly every standard starship laser harmlessly away.

Plus, the ship itself has four powerful thrusters that can push the ship along at something damn close to hyper-speed. Without the sail, the ship can still make it from Geonosis to Coruscant and back with little trouble.

I just read pretty much everything on Count Dooku... he rules.

Spider-bear
11-08-2002, 09:12 PM
why do you people like the TIE Fighter? It's a piece of crap! You get hit once and you're down! What's the fun in that?

What does the symbol at the top of my thingy mean? I don't get it. Do you?

Hey, Darth Kaan! Is your picture thingy a power ranger? If it is, that's really scary!

Rogue15
11-08-2002, 10:08 PM
When you're in a TIE, you do not die.

Ratmjedi
11-09-2002, 02:29 AM
I say let a Imperial Star Destroyer have a shot at that Solor Sailor and it will be sending SOS's faster that the Titanic.
I would personally have a YT-1300 as opposed to a YT-2000.
TIE also suck cause the have no shields and no secondary weapons. They also lack a Hyperdrive so you won't get anywhere in a hurry.
:lsduel: :duel:

Count Dooku 2
11-09-2002, 08:40 AM
I say let an Imperial Star Destroyer try and hit a Solar Sailor when it uses evasive manuevors.

Anyway, you can't compare a personal cruiser to a capitol ship. The Imperial Star Destroyer is massive, heavily armed, powerful and massive (I mention massive twice because it is), and a Solar Sailor is small, nippy, strong and manuevarable.

(---<O

JediNyt
11-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I think your a bit too obsessed with Tyranus. You give him and his stuff too much credit. The Solar sailer has good shields and good speed for a personal transport. Thats about it though. Any good star fighter pilot would turn it into space dust. Dooku had an easy escape in his ship cause no one followed him. He also had the cover of all the Federation ships.

As good as he is hes not the perfect villan. Hes just another tough bad guy. I enjoy watching his character, as many do.

But back on topic. This thread is about star fighters not personal transports.

Count Dooku 2
11-10-2002, 09:43 AM
How can you say that? Oh, yeah: you're an Obi-Wan Kenobi fan, and look how long he lasted against Count Dooku.

Starfighters? OK: Geonosian Starfighter!

ckcsaber
11-10-2002, 12:30 PM
I would personally have a YT-1300 as opposed to a YT-2000.

Sure you like the YT-1300. Thats mostly cause of the Falcon which is highly modified. But the YT-2000 is much better unmodified than the unmodified YT-1300

Xyphox
11-11-2002, 02:09 AM
I voted for the B-Wing. It's basically a fast Y-wing. The Tie Defender is obviously the best, but it's kinda cheap. Lucas would never add it to the Star Wars Universe because it would be impossible to beat if the pilots were of the same caliber.

JediNyt
11-11-2002, 02:37 AM
How can you say that? Oh, yeah: you're an Obi-Wan Kenobi fan, and look how long he lasted against Count Dooku.

My Force. Are you honestly that narrow minded? Or are you trying to tease people? If you ever paid attention to my posts or just general SW facts on matters such as this you might discover the use of logic and reason. If your just teasing me then say so and Ill take back what I said just now. Otherwise use your head.

Count Dooku 2
11-11-2002, 04:01 AM
I always use my head... damn thing is stuck on my shoulders, and I can't get it off!

I was only joking, JediNyt: after all, that would mean I disputed your opinion about Count Dooku as a bad guy, and people can't do that. Sorry if I caused offense, but i was only messing around :D!

JediNyt
11-11-2002, 05:11 AM
Very well then. Back on topic. Anyone heard of the E-Wing? I think it was made into a toy for Micromachines. Is it in the Essential guide to ships and vehicles? I havent bought the guide cause Im waiting for the last eddition when Ep3 is out.

shukrallah
11-26-2002, 12:40 PM
xwing and the millineum falcon:x-wing:

Plo_Koon_27
11-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I voted the Bwing...i always just thought that it was neat lookin...Xwings are the second best.

ET i have to disagree with you on this one my friend the X-Wing is definately the best all around starfighter ever made second comes the Naboo starfighter and then the B-Wing, tie fighters are nothing but flying baseballs with Solar Panels attached to them so i count them as the worst i've ever seen plus it's been said that flying the tie fighter is like flying a cardboard box.

:koon: :x-wing:
^ me and my X-Wing

Plo_Koon_27
11-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Ah, ET Warrior, did you know that Count Dooku's Solar Sailor has the most powerful (and expensive) deflector shield generator, which envelopes the solar sail when activated? This energy bubble is capable of deflecting nearly every standard starship laser harmlessly away.

Plus, the ship itself has four powerful thrusters that can push the ship along at something damn close to hyper-speed. Without the sail, the ship can still make it from Geonosis to Coruscant and back with little trouble.

I just read pretty much everything on Count Dooku... he rules.

it might be able to deflect standard lasers from starfighters but i doubt they'd be able to deflect turbolaser shots from something say like a Mon Calamari Star Cruiser?

:koon: :mon:

lukeiamyourdad
11-26-2002, 08:34 PM
X-Wing best all around? No! The B-Wing has Ion cannons, more warheads and more shields!

My vote goes to the Missile Boat! People don't know a lot about it and it isn't a Tie so nobody voted for it. But You should vote for it! it's the best of the best! So many warheads! You could blow up a Star Destroyer and it's starfighter support with all those warheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Glory to the Missile Boat!

:missile: :missile:

Ratmjedi
11-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Very well then. Back on topic. Anyone heard of the E-Wing? I think it was made into a toy for Micromachines. Is it in the Essential guide to ships and vehicles? I havent bought the guide cause Im waiting for the last eddition when Ep3 is out.

I have read about them in EU books. Don't really remember them though. Long time since the last EU book that I have read.

Sure you like the YT-1300. Thats mostly cause of the Falcon which is highly modified. But the YT-2000 is much better unmodified than the unmodified YT-1300

Who said I wouldn't modify it? The Outrider is also a Heavily Modified YT-1300. I would make it a more aggresive ship that a smuggling ship. Think of all the space that you can for something other than smuggling. He he he he he he:D

JediNyt
11-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Actually the Outrider is a modified YT-2400. My fav Corellian ship is the YT-2000.

Ratmjedi
11-26-2002, 11:50 PM
My bad I guess. I read somewhere that it was a YT-1300. I still would stick with the YT-1300 though.

gundark
12-02-2002, 10:17 PM
what the crap?!
the coolest starfighter is the N-1 naboo starfighter!
the second is probley the B-wing

:bluskel: :chainsaw:

boinga1
12-02-2002, 11:17 PM
E-wing is a fighter designed in part by some of the people who made the x-wing; it has 3 laser cannons, room for several warheads, and is as fast and nimble as a TIE Interceptor.

Skate Boy
12-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Well, sence this thread is for my favorite, not the best, I have to go with the X-wing.:x-wing:

Ez-
12-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Jango's Slave I or any one of Boba's 3 follow ups :)

:jfett: :slave:

Luuke_Skywalker
12-05-2002, 08:05 PM
it might not be the best but it was the starfighter that destroyed the death star so i say the x-wing all the way!!!

git_sum_stuka
12-07-2002, 03:59 PM
I like the A-wing cause its fast and slender

Master Bodle
12-07-2002, 07:50 PM
My fav has gotta be the X-Wing !!

Darth Talliusc
12-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Tie defender all the way. its just plain superior :p

although missile boat would rock for convoy boom duty.

boinga1
12-08-2002, 05:12 PM
the missle boat is okay in theory, but in use (x-wing alliance) it's not too great. Yeah, it has lots of missles, but in a BIG dogfight it would be doomed becuz once its out of missles, it has only ONE laser cannon, yes ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I like the Jedi Starfighter best, then X-Wing, then YT-1300

lukeiamyourdad
12-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
the missle boat is okay in theory, but in use (x-wing alliance) it's not too great. Yeah, it has lots of missles, but in a BIG dogfight it would be doomed becuz once its out of missles, it has only ONE laser cannon, yes ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I like the Jedi Starfighter best, then X-Wing, then YT-1300

Oh you are so wrong about the missile boat! you can carry over 80 missiles! I never finish them all. The laser canon is very well placed and is very accurate(a lot better then the b-wing).

I guess none of you guys ever played the classic Tie Fighter Flight sim? well in Tie fighter, they say the missile boat was made to counter the Tie Defender so Missile Boat>Tie Defender

BobaJango
12-12-2002, 02:59 AM
In the X-wing Versus Tie Fighter games, my personal favorite was the TIE Advanced. It's sleek, powerfull, and had some damn good maneuverability. It's awesome! But my fovorite Alliance fighter has to be the B-Wing, it's one powerfull mother....:D

:fett: :jango:

JediNyt
12-12-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Oh you are so wrong about the missile boat! you can carry over 80 missiles! I never finish them all. The laser canon is very well placed and is very accurate(a lot better then the b-wing).

I guess none of you guys ever played the classic Tie Fighter Flight sim? well in Tie fighter, they say the missile boat was made to counter the Tie Defender so Missile Boat>Tie Defender It was also in Alliance. You could fly it in MP. It kicked ass just as much as it did in TIE Fighter. Gotta love them SLAM jets. :D One friend and I took out several huge convoys without breaking a sweat. And we were also being attacked by fighters. Our manuverability made quik work of them. But of course I enjoy all the other fighters listed. Except maybe the Y-Wing...flying brick. :p Of course this is all MHO. ;) Its been a long time since Ive played a simulator game though. I wish theyd make another X-Wing game: X-Wing New Republic. :cool:

LiMP RABBiT
12-21-2002, 05:51 AM
I chose the A-wing, only because I own Rogue Leader for the GC and the A-wing is so manouverable and speedy that you can just over take any tie intercepter in you way.