PDA

View Full Version : Pushable objects

Altus_Thrawn
11-02-2002, 07:14 AM
Well, is there any way in a map to have an object or brush or func_group that moves when you push it? Maybe using push and pull force abilities or walking up to it and pushing?

Chewie Bakker
11-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Yes, objects that you can use the Force on make maps fun (like the carbon-freezing chamber level from MotS).

I wish I knew how to though. It was probably done via scripting in the SP levels, and I know nothing of that (maybe it's about time I learned).

:nut:

If anyone has any input on how to do this, please help.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

Altus_Thrawn
11-02-2002, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I want to have a ladder that you can move around.

idontlikegeorge
11-02-2002, 02:03 PM
easiest way to move something back-n-forth, is to make it a door, point it the way you want, set as force_activate

i just do SP, so if this is for MP, sorry.

MP sucks after 1.03 came out, anyway.

Wudan
11-02-2002, 05:21 PM
MP. can. be. fixed.

So, you want an ent that you can use the force on? Sounds complicated. Mp or Sp?

War Master
11-02-2002, 05:43 PM
You might be able to do it with a func_static. It's got a F_PUSH and F_PULL in it's properties. Don't forget to use an origin brush. I haven't tried this myself but let me know if it works.

Chewie Bakker
11-03-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
easiest way to move something back-n-forth, is to make it a door, point it the way you want, set as force_activate

i just do SP, so if this is for MP, sorry.

MP sucks after 1.03 came out, anyway.

shaqx in pointed out the download:
[URL=http://mapping.jediknightii.net/TUTdgForceInfObjects.zip]Doing - Force Influenced Objects (]Making objects move using JK2Radiant in MP[/URL) (TUTdgForceInfObjects.zip) which shows what idontlikegeorge said in detail. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be all but impossible in Multiplayer.

As for 1.03 making MP suck, I wouldn't know. I'm on a 56K (I'm Mr. 999 Ping :))