PDA

View Full Version : func_door sounds in MP

wedge2211
11-10-2002, 11:46 AM
I have a func_door in my Mars map that I want to change the sound on. I added the key soundset and a value from the sound.txt file in assets0.pk3 (basically I folloowed Diesal's tutorial), and te sound is still the default door noise. How can I cahnge this?

WhiteShdw
11-10-2002, 01:38 PM
You can't use soundsets in MP. Use soundstart, soundstop and soundmove. They're defined in the entity.

wedge2211
11-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I tried that on one door and the level crashed out with an error about streaming mp3s...

Eldritch
11-10-2002, 11:13 PM
I've used the key 'soundset' in GtK Radiant with no problems... I think you have a more limited number of available sounds, but I have no proof to back this up, only my own experience.

Try a different soundset and see if you get a different result.

WhiteShdw
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S
I've used the key 'soundset' in GtK Radiant with no problems... I think you have a more limited number of available sounds, but I have no proof to back this up, only my own experience.

Try a different soundset and see if you get a different result.

Soundsets work, but not in MP. In mp it always reverts back to the default sound.

For MP i always set the individual sounds. If you get that streaming error, you should select a different mp3 for the sound. Go to sound/movers/doors/ foor all the door sounds. Each type of door usually has a start, stop and move sound. Just select one of those and you'll have no problems.