PDA

View Full Version : Cussing, cursing, swearing

ZePhyR
11-11-2002, 03:49 AM
I know its not allowed on this forum, but I always see people put like F**K and other ways around actually spelling it, but in real life, do you cuss alot? Me personally, I go through certain phases. There's been phases in my life where I won't go as far to even say hell or even Oh my God, and then theres other times where I cuss at least once every sentence. I think it depends on who I'm around or what I surround myself with. For example, around my friends Cody and Cole, who cuss a lot, I cuss a lot too without even realizing it. Around girls, I try to watch it a lot, and then especially around my mom, I don't cuss. I know its wrong, but sometimes its hard not too when you've built a habit of doing it. What is your guys' outlook on this?

Eldritch
11-11-2002, 03:53 AM
I curse only when I'm really trying to make a strong point (which can be quite often with me). :p :cool:

gorganfloss
11-11-2002, 03:53 AM
I occasionally add f*** to a sentnce at school and such. The worst word Ive said around my family is damn, which isnt too bad. I think I swear alot around my cousins since they are the cussing kings.

Taos
11-11-2002, 03:58 AM
Yeah I usually cuss quite a bit.........*shrugs* What can you do huh? I don't do it at an "inappropriate time" and even around my parents I don't do it. When I'm with my friends though, oh yeah, way too much and I know it. It's just me......:D

Now when I'm hear posting at LF, I virtually never do it.....I don't think it is neccessary to get your point accross and all it does is usally end up making sombody mad.

:)

Kstar__2
11-11-2002, 03:59 AM
i curse alot, but not like really bad cursing, more like "sh1t!" when something goes wrong or so

Elijah
11-11-2002, 04:06 AM
If there is anything that annoys me its people who use cusswords and it makes no sense what-so-ever.

SPY_jmr1
11-11-2002, 04:14 AM
interesting topic...

yeah, I cuss often, but somthing you learn is to adjust your speach paterns for diffrent people...

but, most of the time its only s***, with a SOB most of the time if I manage to hurt myself...(hammer on thumb, etc)

as a sidebar, I would like to point out the fact, that (in america at least) the anglo/saxon words are frowned on MUCH more then the more severe(cept for athiests(sp?)) religious cusses.

anglo/saxon example: **** **** piss **** idiot bitch **** t**s moron
bastard.

relgious example: god(used as teenybober, GAWDDDD...*shudder*) damn dammit goddammit.

the forum censor should show this quite nicely:)

sidebar:2

for this one, I would like to point out, I believe that words themself mean nothing, its the thought behind them that holds the power. for example, I am going to say right now, out loud, in a deadpan voice, "I ****ing hate you ****head bastards"and it means nothing. why?

I DO NOT MEAN IT!

no bad words.

bad thoughts, bad ideas, bad people; and WORDS!

in closing, the universal answer.... people are morons

[/sidebar][/sidebar]

WHOOOOOOOO.......

what a thing....

edit: interesting, it censors less then I thought... I guess that means t**s is ok!;) j/k

JediNyt
11-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Only on occasion. I use explatives when nessesary. When Im really pissed, hurt, or joking where the explative enhances the humor. :)

leXX
11-11-2002, 05:48 AM
I admit, I swear much too much, but not in front of the kids.

Rogue15
11-11-2002, 08:06 AM
i hate to say it, but yeah. they just slip out when something sets me off. *glares at deus ex for freezing up on him 3 times in a row and gives it the finger*

Most of the time I swear when i'm by myself and something ticks me off, like a stupid red light when i'm speeding my bike down a hill and have to practically throw myself off the bike to avoid being hit cause my brakes suck.

i never swear around my parents, unless they tell me to. :p

C'jais
11-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Around my parents, friends or by myself: A whole f*ckin' lot.

When at school or at job: To a minimum, but it's sometimes unavoidable.

You may think it's strange I curse in front of my parents, but they are notoriously "cursers" too, and often use their vivid imagination to really get a point across in as a gross a manner as possible.

And what's with "cuss" - is it slang for curse? "Cuss" in Danish is the female sex, so I find it very funny.

Rogue15
11-11-2002, 10:20 AM
haha man, if i swore in front of my parents i'd be so yelled at, even though they swear sometimes. and cuss is slang for curse.

Darth Simpson
11-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I swear a lot. Not around my grandparents though.

I'm wondering what "cuss" is as well.

MaulerZ
11-11-2002, 11:07 AM
yeah I cuss alot :tsk: :(

Im trying to break the habit down to just once and awhile sorta working :)

Reb Starblazer
11-11-2002, 12:36 PM
On the forums, very very rarely. In real life however, a lot. I mean like Jules Winnefeld kind of a lot:D One of my friends though, every second or third word is a curse, usually f**k. I once heard him get really mad and say "f**king f**k", he's about the only person I know who would do that:D Besides, they're only another word, what's the big deal right?

And what's with this "no cursing around parents" thing. I've cursed around them ever since I learned them, and besides... where do you think I learned them from:p

Mex
11-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Me?

In real-life?

Swear?

NEVER!

Back in the olds days, if you swore in-front of anyone

SMACK, you'd get the cane...

ckcsaber
11-11-2002, 12:51 PM
I never cuss around my family and occasinaly cuss at school and the such

Hekx
11-11-2002, 01:19 PM
I've started to swear less recently :)
I do oddly say the odd sentence with s*** or f*** in :D
But I don't talk too much :p

Skate Boy
11-11-2002, 03:23 PM
Nope. I've probably cussed once in my life.:)

PhantomHelix
11-11-2002, 03:32 PM
i curse sometimes, but not all that often. i only do so to prove a point, to make my words harsher, or to express my feelings correctly.......

Professor Snape
11-11-2002, 03:52 PM
when i mad i curse ALOT. I curse alot and i 14. Hey nobody's perfect

ZBomber
11-11-2002, 03:57 PM
I never swear infront of teachers and parentrs, but I always do when I'm near my friends. :)

PhantomHelix
11-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I never swear infront of teachers and parentrs, but I always do when I'm near my friends. :)

same here...

Darth Simpson
11-11-2002, 04:59 PM
Rogue15, thanks for clearing that up.

Jed
11-11-2002, 05:15 PM
A good amount, yes.

I try to keep it under raps with people that would get upset, or if I'm at the swamp, but when people don't care, I will throw in the occasional swear.

ZePhyR
11-12-2002, 04:06 AM
I like how someone pointed out that we subconsiously (sp?) alter our speech patterns around certain people. Last night, i went to 8 mile with 2 of my buddies that I cuss alot around, and a lady friend that I try to watch it in front of. The end result was that I cussed a little, but not as much as normal. wierd.

acdcfanbill
11-12-2002, 04:25 AM
In real life i would make sailors blush.. :eek:

JKR_LT_DODGE
11-15-2002, 12:31 AM
i never cuss a home. i never cuss anywere.

MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 12:33 AM
i try not to around my fiance's family but other than that i do it QUITE often. most times it like i have Terets Syndrome or somethin.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by leXX
I admit, I swear much too much, but not in front of the kids.

Your kids or the swampies, lol

Yeah I cuss, like a M**th, but only when I have too. Usually it's when I crack my massive foot against the chair then I yell out some thing like "Goat-hum**ing flap-jacker wanna make a nut-bomb on your apple-c*re" Usually it doesn't make sense.

90% of my posts don't make any sense, but that's a different thread :cool: