View Full Version : Custom Textures
I wanna make some custom textures, can someone give me a list of what the rules are?
11-11-2002, 01:38 PM
1. Texture must be a power of 2.
2. Texture must be in JPG or TGA format. JPG is smaller, while TGA is a higher-definition format.
3. When you make the textures, PK3 them to a textures\whateverfolder in your BASE folder.
11-11-2002, 02:17 PM
1. He means the size must be power of 2 (sorry wudan :)) but the two dimensions can be different. So 64x256 is good.
3. If you make SP maps this is not necessary in the developing stage. Even in MP you don't have to put the textures into a pk3 file, if you type sv_pure 0 into the console before loading the map. Remember: just for developing.
11-16-2002, 02:55 AM
Can someone tell me how to load a custom texture in radiant? I tried Load Directory but it always says "shaders loaded 0." I have my custom texture in tga and jpg format just in case and I just need to load it.
11-26-2002, 03:16 PM
If you installed Radiant correctly, go to
then create a folder 'textures' if there isnt one already. then inside that folder create another folder called whatever you want. usually it is named the same as the map for easy reference. put your jpg or tga in that folder. open up radiant again and under the textures tab there should be a selection called whatever you named the folder. click it and it should load up your textures in that folder.
there may be another way, but this is how i did it.
hope that helps.
11-26-2002, 05:18 PM
But I put it in /textures and loaded it with Custom under the texture menu, and I put it on the brush i wanted it on but it doesnt show up in the game. And i have the jpg in /textures AND /textures/custom in the pk3 just to be sure.
11-26-2002, 10:06 PM
I create a bunch of textures in the JPG format.
I go into the textures folder and create the folder "Naboo"
I place all texture INTO that Naboo folder.
Load radient, ,and, under the texture lists, I find Naboo.
Load Naboo texture set, and VIOLA! there they are.
The custom folder is something else - textures that were done by someone else rather - it isnt where all custom textures go.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.