PDA

View Full Version : I've just watched AOTC on DVD!

leXX
11-11-2002, 06:48 PM
I've just watched the film and the special features disc. :D

It's even better than I remember it in the cinema if that is possible. It's just so...so...AWESOME!

ok, enough with the chat, I'm off to watch it again. ;)

It's a shame some of you have to wait till tommorow. :xp:

C'jais
11-11-2002, 06:50 PM
It's a shame that some of us can only watch it on a 17 inch, crappy screen with shoddy speakers that aren't even worthy of hearing Britney spears on....

I bet it's good though.

Dark Warrior
11-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Cool, Lexx, I'm buying it tomorrow. I heard the deleted scenes and special features were awesome! I can't wait! :D

BTW: 50th post lol!:)

MaulerZ
11-11-2002, 06:52 PM
cool leXX :thumbsup:........................................ i have to wait till tommorow for my copy :( :mad:

Professor Snape
11-11-2002, 06:55 PM
i've had it since last week. And this one ain't bootleg. My bro works at a video store and he got it a week ago. I've seen it and i thought they wouldn't had more deleted scenes. They didn't show plo koon and ki adi attacking the trade federation starship or when Dooku uses two lightsabers. Oo well i still liked it.

Pad
11-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Dark Helmet III
They didn't show plo koon and ki adi attacking the trade federation starship or when Dooku uses two lightsabers. Oo well i still liked it.

:eyeraise: wtf?
u mean those scenes werent on the dvd?
i thought they were gonne be included.

so how many deleted scenes are there?

ZBomber
11-11-2002, 07:05 PM
yup. I got a half of day of schoo ltommarow, so as soon as I get out of school, I'm going to Wal-Mart, buying the DVD, going home, then posting about it on LF! :D

Professor Snape
11-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Padanime

:eyeraise: wtf?
u mean those scenes werent on the dvd?
i thought they were gonne be included.

so how many deleted scenes are there?

Yep i was as mad as u. There are i think 8 deleted scenes

Padme talking to senate
Obi Wan looking at analysis of the dart
Padme and her family meeting Anakin
Padme and Anakin walkin in Naboo
Dooku intaregatting(I spelt that wrong) Padme
Trial for Anakin and Padme infront of the Geonosian Court
Obi Wan and Mace Windu talking on the ship plateform

And i no there was one more. That is only 7 but i remember 8

Taos
11-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by leXX

It's a shame some of you have to wait till tommorow. :xp:

Damn it Lexx!! You just like to rub it in don't you?? :p :p

;)

:D

I have 16 hours yet to wait....:(

ZBomber
11-11-2002, 09:36 PM
15 hours for me! :xp:

Ratmjedi
11-11-2002, 09:45 PM
You just had to tease us leXX. :p

The deleted scenes are as follows:

1. Padme Addresses the Senate
2. Jedi Temple Analysis Room
3. Obi-Wan and Mace Windu Jedi landing Platform
4. Extended Arrival on Naboo
5. Padme's Parent's Home
6. Padme's Bedroom
7. Dooku Interrogates Padme
8. Anakin and Padme on trial

I can't wait to watch the movie tomorrow. I am not going to do any homework. That can wait till the following day. I am also going to look for the easter egg's. :D
:lsduel: :duel:

Hekx
11-11-2002, 09:50 PM
I watched the movie earlier :D
I haven't seen the deleted scenes though, guess I'll go watch them in a minute :)

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-11-2002, 10:38 PM
hey lexx, this is kinda off topic, but...
are u from London, Ontario, or London, England...?

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 03:43 AM
She's from London England dAno :cool:

I got my mom to let me stay home all day so I get to watch it. :D
I am also going to start to experiment with Avatar making some more. :D
:duel: :lsduel:

STTCT
11-12-2002, 05:08 AM
u must have a kewl mom - my mom wouldn't let me stay home for a star ways dvd!!

ne ways - get my copy this morning can't wait!!!!!!

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 05:15 AM
Shhhhh
My mom doesen't know I am going to be watching the DVD.
I told her I needed to stay home to work on homework that I had due. Hehehehehehehehehe! :D

Kstar__2
11-12-2002, 05:28 AM
ow you! i have to wait to get it, but form what i'm hearing here, it will be great:D

BCanr2d2
11-12-2002, 05:53 AM
Mine is on the way, pre-ordered, so will hopefully be here when I get home from work tomorrow night.....

Darth Groovy
11-12-2002, 06:05 AM
I'm gonna grab that one on the way home from work. Funny thing is that I haven't even watched my Spiderman DVD, because I have become rather obsessed with my Bond Collection!:o

MysticSpade
11-12-2002, 06:18 AM
i just can't get over the fact that they cut out the Plo Koon and Ki Adi scene completely out of the special features. i was waitin on that one too.

Pnut_Man
11-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
yup. I got a half of day of schoo ltommarow, so as soon as I get out of school, I'm going to Wal-Mart, buying the DVD, going home, then posting about it on LF! :D

Hell ya Zbomber! Half days kick ass

3 hours for Episode 2 DVD
2 hours for GTA Vice =P

StormHammer
11-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Yes, I got the DVD yesterday...and watched AOTC for the first time. :)

I have to say...I'm impressed. I liked it a lot more than Episode I...it had better pacing, and a better plot. The battle at the end really felt like war. In fact, the only issues I had with the film were...

1. Hayden Christensen. I think he was miscast. In some scenes, he was quite good, in others he was totally bland. Unfortunately, it didn't help that he was given some really bad dialogue in parts. When he was supposed to be bad, he wasn't bad enough...and he didn't have a great deal of charisma... IMO, if you're setting a character up for a fall, then you really need the audience to like them a lot first, so they can empathise more.

2. The romantic scenes...just didn't seem very romantic. I have nothing against romance, as long as it's done well. Again, they were a bit bland, and didn't seem to flow with the rest of the film. With Han and Leia in ESB...you at least felt there was some chemistry going on...but I didn't pick that up in AOTC. :(

As for the DVD version...I just wish they had put some of those deleted scenes back into the film, so I could watch them in a proper context. :( In fact, to be honest, there are a couple of those scenes that I felt should not have been removed in the first place...because they weren't very long (so would not have added a great deal of length to the movie, or really altered the pace), and added a little more depth to the situation.

All in all, a good movie, and I have real hopes for the promised darker third episode.

Pad
11-12-2002, 01:00 PM
today i went as a happy fella to the store to buy lotr se and epII. i went in and looked around. nothin found. i tried another store, same story. and again another store, still nothin. so im now home alone without any dvd and well, IT SUX.

PhantomHelix
11-12-2002, 01:04 PM
cool leXX! :thumbsup:

now that you have shared this little bitta spam wit us, GO BAK TO UR INSANITY WARD AND UR RUBBER ROOM WITH UR WHITE JACKET! :lol:

im just kiddin.........

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 01:52 PM
I feel you Padamine. I have to wait for my sister to come bye our house cause she is the one that is buying it for me. She probally won't get here till 2:00 and it's 9:00 right now. 5 Hours. :D I can't wait anymore.

ondrahosek
11-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Anybody know the price in €? If I have enough, I will buy it. If not, I hop I'll get it for nameday (Andrew (ondra is a "nickname" for ondrej, the Czech version of Andrew), 30th November) or XMas (while you boast that you have got it 100 days before me :().

Have fun watching!

ckcsaber
11-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Is the Yoda Dooku duel extended??:confused:

Hekx
11-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
Is the Yoda Dooku duel extended??:confused: It isn't included in the deleted scenes..
Most of the deleted scenes kinda suck :\
Including; Padme's house! Wooo :indif:
I think if the scenes were added it might've made the movie more dull in places.
But I hate and love EP2, so I'll just shutup and wait for EP3 :)

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Nope

The deleted scenes are as follows:

1. Padme Addresses the Senate
2. Jedi Temple Analysis Room
3. Obi-Wan and Mace Windu Jedi landing Platform
4. Extended Arrival on Naboo
5. Padme's Parent's Home
6. Padme's Bedroom
7. Dooku Interrogates Padme
8. Anakin and Padme on trial

Thats all the deleted scenes that ar on the DVD

ckcsaber
11-12-2002, 04:26 PM
So everything new to the movie theatre version is in the deleted scenes? They did not add anything new to the movie itself?

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Yup
It's just like the Ep I DVD which I am watching by the way right now.

All the new stuff is not in the film itself , It is on a seperate disc. You can watch the scenes there but you can not put them into the movie itself. It would be cool though if you could insert the scenes into the movie itself.

ckcsaber
11-12-2002, 04:36 PM
That sucks. Well, at least I will be able to watch all the duels slo-mo

Hekx
11-12-2002, 04:37 PM
The DVD graphics effects and menu's rule :)
Especially the language menu I think, it has the Kamino landing platform and Obi deflecting laser shots from Jango.
Go CGI Go!

<Im Yo Pusha>
11-12-2002, 04:49 PM
I am waiting to get the mail, mine is coming from amazon. It looks awesome. I hope the features are good, well in like 30 min. I will know, damn u mailman

<Im Yo Pusha>
11-12-2002, 04:55 PM
this may not be the place, but congrats to me for reaching 100 posts hehehe

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 04:59 PM
:tsk:
Don't post about your post count. Consider this your warning.

PhantomHelix
11-12-2002, 04:59 PM
congrats strom. and no, its not the place. well, the dvd sounds cool. i might get it. if i have money. which i prob wont :D

Taos
11-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Thank you guys for your warnings......Strom don't forget the edit button my friend ;) Use it! Double posts....:disaprove

I just got done watching ep 2!! :D I rember how much I enjoy Kamino and the Geonosis battle!! :D

today i went as a happy fella to the store to buy lotr se and epII. i went in and looked around. nothin found. i tried another store, same story. and again another store, still nothin. so im now home alone without any dvd and well, IT SUX.

O.O

Ah man......Pad, sorry to hear that bud. :( Is there some kind of conspiracy over there in Belgium?? I'd let you borrow mine.......if there wasn't a nine hour time difference between us......

Dath Maximus
11-12-2002, 06:17 PM
ive had EP2 since May.... i mean....

Darn you because im not able to get it for quite a while.

darn you!

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 06:41 PM
I'm still waiting for my sister. Hurry up. I think I am going to go insane. :nut:

Elijah
11-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Its a shame you had to wait till today... i got it last friday night ;)

Ratmjedi
11-12-2002, 08:31 PM
My sister just came and she didn't buy it yet. I just hope she gets it when she comes back or else I am going to be real pissed and sad. :( :crybaby:

ZBomber
11-12-2002, 08:43 PM

BEST
MOVIE
EVER

can you tell what i think of it?

Elijah
11-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

BEST
MOVIE
EVER

can you tell what i think of it?

I think you hated it...
*runs away*

Pseudonym
11-13-2002, 02:02 AM
It was $15.99 at Bestbuy and I had $18 exactly so I went and picked it up earlier. I never saw it in the theatre, so this was the first time. Unfortunately I only watched it and my 19" TV, I might hook my DVD player to the 32" later.

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 02:04 AM
i have a 61" wide screen TV that's the closest i get to a theater, unless i hit the lottery or somethin.

Rogue15
11-13-2002, 02:31 AM
count dooku could have killed yoda.

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Rogue15
count dooku could have killed yoda.

how so. we haven't seen the tru power of the one called Yoda. dooku was quiverin in his pansy bootys. i think we will see more yoda in Ep3

Rogue15
11-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Dooku had the chance when he threw that pillar down by obi and anakin. Yoda was too busy concetrating trying to get the pillar away from them that while he was doing that, dooku could've gone for a quick slash to his back.

Pad
11-13-2002, 01:36 PM
true, but maybe dooku still had some honour left and didnt kill yoda because he couldnt defend himself. could be some kind of jedi code.

_NinjaGaiden_
11-13-2002, 02:27 PM
The DVD Rocked on my 7.1 surround sound system!

Rogue15
11-13-2002, 03:31 PM
true, but maybe dooku still had some honour left and didnt kill yoda because he couldnt defend himself. could be some kind of jedi code.

ya, maybe. I don't know. You'd think he would've at least killed obiwan, especially since he told him about Darth Sidious. :confused:

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 03:43 PM
yes but when ever he met up with Sidious at the end of the movie he said (sidious) everythin is goin as planned.

StormHammer
11-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
Dooku had the chance when he threw that pillar down by obi and anakin. Yoda was too busy concetrating trying to get the pillar away from them that while he was doing that, dooku could've gone for a quick slash to his back.

True...but I think Yoda would have defended himself, going by a comment he made in ESB...

Luke...and let them die?

Yoda...if you honour what they fight for...yes.

So the vertically-challenged green one is quite willing to make sacrifices under certain circumstances. :)

Dooku may have suspected he might not be a match for Yoda after all, and so decided to flee and fight another day.

Anyway, I like some of the special features that come with the DVD. Very interesting. :)

jokemaster
11-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Shhhhh
My mom doesen't know I am going to be watching the DVD.
I told her I needed to stay home to work on homework that I had due. Hehehehehehehehehe! :D

evil :evil5: :evil6:

jokemaster
11-13-2002, 09:13 PM
I FINALLY GOT THE DVD!!!!!!!
now im sitting down with some :maize: and a bottle of :guiness:

teutonicknight
11-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Well, I got the DVD on tues, but my internet wasn't working to tell.... but i'm back!

Ratmjedi
11-14-2002, 12:08 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess you know what that means. I just watched it and :eek:
It is better than when I saw it at theaters. I am now finally happy for now. :D

ckcsaber
11-14-2002, 12:13 AM
I've watched the whole dvd version of the movie 3 times now, but the documenetary footage is really interesting. I finished watching every single thing the discs had to offer and I was very pleased with the documentarys. Many times people just skip over them but they are worth watching in my opinion.

Dath Maximus
11-14-2002, 12:19 AM
poor dath cant get the dvd for a while, dath had the optionn of dvd or car.

i chose car

ckcsaber
11-14-2002, 12:21 AM
20 bucks made a difference?

teutonicknight
11-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Yeah I like the documentarys too, only I haven't seen some of them yet. I started From Puppets to Pixels, but I had to study for my test and it is kinda long.... :( The School board should cancel school the day of the ATOC DVD release..... ;)